Forum rules
Reminder: Copying another person's art without permission to reproduce their work is a form of art-theft!
Click here to see the full Art Rules!

♕ ⊱── 02. [october explore replies] ! )

Postby faelyn » Sun Oct 22, 2023 9:52 am

x
x
x
x
x
x
Imagexxmoonclan !
─────────────── ✧

original level stats ✧ level 2 (241/300)
new level stats ➔ level 3 (115/400) --
----------------------------------------------
• • • • x 10% hunger for the patrol
────────────────┘

aromas reminiscent of overipe citrus and earthy evergreen had adorned every crevice of the woods, crisp and dainty as moments framed with dappled sunshine flourished in the tense hush between the two. the beef between the two was almost tangible as a snort bloomed in a wispy tangle a little ways away from icethorn's lips.

the sky had begun to sag with the weight of cashmere and faded periwinkle, unveiling a cascading downpour of an early snow, stardust and feverish dreams.
    (+1 common edit, +1exp)

"mind helping out, icethorn?" a hiss fathomed of velvet and maroon unraveled from each of pineblaze's breaths --- such breaths hindered by exertion and the sudden caress of cold upon her frame. "while you were wasting time staring at the clouds, i actually got something useful."
    (+1 bright-eye, +2fp [finch], +3fp [pika], +6exp)

“quiet,” her eyes, once the luminous shade of forget-me-nots, seemed to crystallize at the tang of liquid scarlet and mildew. the smell of death. “someone is here.”
    (rogues have been scented close to the border! does the patrol confront or ignore them?)
─────────────────────────────────────────────────────────
✧ 045 exp
✧ 010 exp
✧ 000 exp
✧ 050 exp
✧ 174 exp
writing exp
patrol exp
event exp
added exp
total exp
✧ 005 exp
✧ 001 exp
✧ 001 exp
yes/noo
✧ 000 left
food exp
herb exp
item exp
opt-in exp
free posts?

fp earned ✧ 5fp ───
level reward ✧ 2 → 3
• [+ 2fp, (of choice) -]
• [+ herb (of choice)-]
• [+1 nr myo ----------]
herbs earned ✧ +1
• [+ bright-eye ----]
• [n/a herb earned]
• [n/a herb earned]
• [n/a herb earned]
user + clan ✧ allynabean
postsuser / writer-xx
items earned ✧ +1──xx
• [+ common edit ----]xx
• [n/a reward earned]xx

─────────────────────────────────────────────────────────
faelyn

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Stars V.2 • Explore

Postby allynabean » Sun Oct 22, 2023 1:18 pm

xxxImage

All the cats in the party stilled, hearing Icethorn's words. Someone was here. They could all smell it now (aside from Lionbloom, who was poking around the yellowed grass for some herb)- the scent was acrid, nothing like the familiar feather-and-dust of Wanderer they had encountered before. Unknown. Potentially dangerous. Lionbloom pulled up some cobwebs from inside a tree trunk, and stifled their exclamation of success upon noticing the hush that hung heavy in the air.

Sandcloud gave Icethorn a nod and wordlessly took the lead, his large paws heavy on the ground as he watched for any sign of movement through the underbrush and falling snow. He was the Captain of the guard and it was his responsibility to keep this patrol safe, and keep unwelcome guests away from their territory. Deep breath in, tasting the air. The chill of the snow on his fur. The dirt beneath his paws- it gave way as he dug his claws in, searching for any vibrations, a hint of movement.

An uneasy shiver ran down Pineblaze's spine. The others were just waiting- there was someone here. A growl low in her throat, flooding her body with momentary warmth, she pushed past Sandcloud. "Reveal yourself! You're on Moonclan territory," She hissed roughly into the silence, the steam coming from her breaths closer to smoke.

Behind her, Icethorn Lionbloom, and Sandcloud tensed- Wanderer just watched on calmly, head tilted slightly. A newcomer, how interesting.

[ 243 words ]

───────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────

--𝚕𝚎𝚟𝚎𝚕 3
      experience >> 115/400
      xxxxxxxx
      --𝚊𝚌𝚝𝚒𝚟𝚎 𝚚𝚞𝚎𝚜𝚝𝚜
      n/a
      xxxxxxxx
      --𝚒𝚝𝚎𝚖𝚜 𝚒𝚗 𝚒𝚗𝚟𝚎𝚗𝚝𝚘𝚛𝚢 𝚞𝚜𝚎𝚍
      >> none

───────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────

--𝚙𝚛𝚎𝚢 𝚒𝚗𝚟𝚎𝚗𝚝𝚘𝚛𝚢
      >> berries | 1fp | x1
      >> finch | 2fp | x2
      >> mouse | 2fp | x1
      >> red squirrel | 3fp | x1
      >> pika | 3fp | x1
      >> trout | 4fp | x2
      xxxxxxxxxxxx
      --𝚑𝚎𝚛𝚋 𝚜𝚝𝚘𝚛𝚊𝚐𝚎
      >> cobwebs | x2 | soaks up and stops/slows bleeding
      >> death berries | x1 | kills a cat within minutes when consumed
      >> raspberry leaves | x1 | eases pain or stops bleeding
      >> water hemlock | x1 | causes writhing, pain, and foaming at the mouth
      >> willowbark | x2 | eases pain
      >> chickweed | x1 | treats greencough
      >> yarrow | x1 | induces vomiting, ointment heals cracked paw pads
      >> bright-eye | x1 | treats coughs when mixed with lovage

--𝚗𝚘𝚝𝚎𝚜
      >> adding x1 finch (2fp), x1 mouse (2fp) and x1 berries (1fp),
      as well as x1 cobwebs to my inventory for leveling up!
      >> also! in my prev post i also used the word munch/munching,
      but forgot to add it in my list at the bottom aa!!
      xxxx
      --𝚙𝚛𝚎𝚢 𝚊𝚗𝚍 𝚙𝚛𝚎𝚍𝚊𝚝𝚘𝚛𝚜
      my prey and predator list is here!

--𝚍𝚎𝚊𝚝𝚑 𝚘𝚙𝚝-𝚒𝚗
      yes, i am currently opted in for death!
      >> post here

Last edited by allynabean on Mon Oct 23, 2023 6:34 am, edited 1 time in total.
allynabean

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

TreeClan -- first explore post!

Postby Kazin » Mon Oct 23, 2023 6:32 am

TreeClan
[url=link]Last Explore Post[/url] [n/a] | [url=link]Last Response Received[/url] [n/a]

The clan had been used to remaining in their forest for a long while, comfortable with the trees surrounding them and the familiar pawsteps in the dirt around them. Nothing seemed out of place, and life was cozy. Hemlockstar decided that there was more for TreeClan to strive for, though when he had pitched the idea of exploration to Icebird, the medicine cat had a bumfuzzled look on his face. "Exploring?" The tom inquired towards Hemlockstar, alarmed and confused. "But... why?" Hemlockstar rested the tip of his tail on Icebird's back, calming the eccentric tom. "There's more out there for us, Icebird. I know it. I'll take some cats with me - including Oakspark. You're going to be in charge while we're gone." Icebird's confusion turned to glee, and the tom bounced up on his paws. "I'll keep the clan well looked after, Hemlockstar."

The six TreeClan cats headed out at sunrise. Hemlockstar had no set destination in mind, choosing to let his paws wander in any direction they wanted - for now, he found himself following the edge of the river than ran along the territory boundaries. He let his mind drift as the soft bloops of the fish in the river kept his ears focused, the soft chattering of his clanmates behind him helping keep him focused on his task in front of him; finding more about the world around the clan.

It took until the sun was at the highest position, finally warming the fur of the TreeClan cats, for one of the others to ask to stop. "Please, Hemlockstar - we don't know where we're going anymore, and my paws feel like noodles. Let's stop, maybe hunt. I saw some chipmunks and squirrels back a little ways munching on some nuts, maybe we could go hunt?" Hemlockstar looked back to see Redivy staring back at him incredulously. His former apprentice looked about ready to swipe at him in frustration, and the leader nodded to the surrounding cats. "We can rest. I don't want to start any beef with anyone," he said in amusement, remembering back to the days of training her, the young cat often sarcastically stating (and even non sarcastically) that she would start 'beef' with her mentor if he kept training her, whether he was clan leader or not. It lead to some interesting conversations on what exactly she meant, Hemlockstar thought, settling down into the grass while a few of the cats headed out separately to take stock of the area.

It was further out than any TreeClan cat had been, Hemlockstar realized. Nothing looked familiar - a thought that simultaneously sent a chill down his spine, and made him shiver with excitement, his anticipation for adventure getting the better of him. It was why he left his Kittypet life all those moons ago, starting his own clan. To the cats still around him, he made it known that they would rest their paws here a while, much to Sundrop's delight. "I found some wild mustard growing over there - Icebird's been telling me a lot about it, and I never quite understood him. I'm going to be right back," they walked a short distance away to a plant, and Hemlockstar nodded to himself. He made the right choice in stopping here, as it seemed every cat was content with the new things they had found outside the territory so far. It was a good day in Hemlockstar's book.

[10/10 event words used (bolded)] [ 571 words ]

((hopefully I've done everything right! this is my first explore post so please let me know if there's anything I should update or fix c:))

-- cats on patrol
Hemlockstar | he/him | HP 100% | HUP 0% | Sick: N
Oakspark | she/her | HP 100% | HUP 0% | Sick: N
Stinging-glare | she/her | HP 100% | HUP 0% | Sick: N
Redivy | she/her | HP 100% | HUP 0% | Sick: N
Figmask | he/him | HP 100% | HUP 0% | Sick: N
Sundrop | they/them | HP 100% | HUP 0% | Sick: N

-- custom predators / prey
prey:
bugs, scraps, eggs | 1 FP
mouse, shrew, minnow, chipmunk, songbird | 2 FP
frog, small fish, bat, squirrel, snake | 3 FP
rabbit, woodpecker, trout | 4 FP
weasel, turkey, raven, goose | 5 FP
predators:
foxes, coyotes, bobcats, bears
-- level 0
experience: 0
-- items in inventory used
n/a
-- active quests:
n/a
-- opted in to death?
no
-- inventory
prey | 1 FP | x0
prey | 2 FP | x0
prey | 2 FP | x0
prey | 3 FP | x0
prey | 3 FP | x0
prey | 4 FP | x0

herb | x0
herb | x0
herb | x0
Kazin
Global Moderator

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

[0329.] viv's explore replies

Postby Vivika » Mon Oct 23, 2023 10:01 am

SNAKECLAN !!
    xmimu archive last post

hints of daylight freckled the wild rush of undergrowth and caramelized trees with flecks of rosy and stormy hues. for even through the thick of the forest canopy, light found a way through, dancing between disfigured shadows and gnarled roots.

with the arch of the meadow path behind him, he stepped farther into the hunting grounds. the dancing flickers of light guided his steps, warming the back of his neck and easing the warning sting of the other clan’s stench in the breeze. he flexed his paws, ignoring the tingle spreading through them.

because spotlit at the edges of the glade, a weathered tree stump stood. stout, short and its inner face muddled with whorls that resembled a grumpy troll, aged from the years. a garland of moss wove around the stump’s base, tangled with petals of gold and herbal remedies, some sun-dried and others wind-blown. (+1 celandine, +1 dried oak leaves, +1 ragwort, +1 watermint)

the tree stump’s face scowled at him.

this time, he grinned back as he swept a paw over it, booping its nose. except it wasn’t really a nose at all, but a handful of dried nuts, expertly placed and forgotten by some other critter. (+1fp scraps)
    ─────────────────────────────────────

⊰ patrol status updates ⊱
      • one free explore post remaining
      • all patrollers gained +0% hunger

⊰ xp earnings (death opt in/out) …………………………
      • +15xp for writing, +10xp for patrol sent
      • +1xp for prey, +4xp for herbs
      ⊰ findings ⊱
      • +1fp scraps, +1 ragwort, +1 dried oak
        leaves, +1 celandine, +1 watermint

⊰ level totals ⊱
      • +30xp → level 0 (54/000xp)

……………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………
      notes; ahh, hi again! i love the lil decorative flower,, it's such a sweet touch! ^^ for your next post, make sure to sneak your word count
      in + mention you're opted-out (underline "no" in the box) for death ─ it'll really help us out with responses! <3
    ───────────────────────────────────────────────
Vivika

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby ArithMedic » Wed Oct 25, 2023 9:03 am

I'm picking my own!
new prey:
Clam, Mussel, Shrimp | 1 FP
Lobster, Anchovy | 2 FP
Tuna, Salmon, Haddock | 3 FP
Swordfish, King Mackerel | 4 FP
Octopus, Squid | 5 FP
new predators:
1-4
Shark, Orca, Giant Squid, Liopleurodon, Small Sea Serpent
Would you like your current inventory converted to the new prey list? Yes
I'm autistic so sometimes I misunderstand things or say the wrong thing, please be patient with me!

I go by Arith for short!
Christian, Autistic, ADHD, College student
Artist, Writer, Seamstress, Roleplayer
ArithMedic

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

tideclan - 009

Postby peachpit. » Thu Oct 26, 2023 7:11 am

« 𝐭 𝐢 𝐝 𝐞 𝐜 𝐥 𝐚 𝐧 ! »
───────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────
last explore post |last response| archive | level 2 | 183/300 exp | 409 words | prey list | not opted in for death
───────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────

Sandstar and Baybreeze exchanged worried looks as Mothflutter informed them about the owl looming overhead. The gleeful festivities of the startide persisted well into the morning, the strawberry sunrise had begun to reach out from beyond the ocean, encouraging the clan to retire to their nests. “Well, we must scare it off.” Sandstar huffed, a bit annoyed that there had been another bump in the joyous night.

Her mind had been completely bumfuzzled, the few joyous moments she had that night were all quickly followed with something terrible. The nerve wracking prophecy Minnowgazer had just delivered, and now an owl during the startide? It was a terrible omen.

Turning to her deputy Baybreeze, who still remained oblivious to the prophecy at hand, Sandstar’s face was solemn and stern. “Gather a small patrol, Baybreeze.” Her words were flat and without the usual affection she regarded the deputy with. The pale tom wandered off, rather chilled by his leader’s switch in personality.

“Oh it’s obvious they have beef, Scallopfoot!” Gullcry and Scallopfoot had been laying across from one another, seemingly gossiping. Scallopfoot munched mindlessly on a stalk of a mustard leaf, half-listening to Gullcry ramble on about how he supposed Barracudafang and Guppywhisker were at odds. “I think that’s a bold assumption, Gullcry. Just because they got a little heated while sparring means nothing!” Scallopfoot spat her chewed mustard leaf at Gullcry, blooping him on the nose. “Blech! You mousebrain!” Scallopfoot giggled as Gullcry exclaimed, pawing at the green sludge on his nose. “See now we have beef, according to your standards.” Scallopfoot teased, padding over to lap the green off of Gullcry’s nose.

Baybreeze interrupted the pair, requesting their presence to help fight off an owl. The two exchange a passing glance before getting up to their paws, following their deputy silently. To much of Gullcry’s surprise, Barracudafang and Guppywhisker were quick to follow in their pawsteps and join the patrol as well. Sandstar was the last to join before they embarked on their mission.

“If you would use your noodle at all Gullcry, you can obviously see they’re fine! Look, they're here together!” Scallopfoot whispered under her breath, glancing menacingly at Gullcry, who rolled his eyes at her.

The patrol traveled silently, the scent of the owl growing more and more fragrant as they pushed deeper into the forest.

[ The patrol has decided to confront the owl ]

𝐢𝐧𝐯𝐞𝐧𝐭𝐨𝐫𝐲
mouse | 1 FP | x3
minnow | 1 FP | x2
lizard | 1 FP | x3
seagull | 3 FP | x2
small shark | 5 FP | x1

sorrel | x1
borage | x1
parsley | x1
chervil | x1
lovage | x1
fennel | x2
stinging nettle| x1
broom| x1
deathberries | x1
mallow leaves | x1
sweet-sedge | x1
catmint | x1
willow bark| x1
𝐜𝐚𝐭𝐬 𝐨𝐧 𝐩𝐚𝐭𝐫𝐨𝐥
sandstar | she/her| HP 95% | HUP 30% | sick: n
gullcry | he/him | HP 90% | HUP 30% | sick: n
scallopfoot | she/her | HP 95% | HUP 20% | sick: n
baybreeze | he/him | HP 100% | HUP 00% | sick: n
guppywhisker | he/him | HP 100% | HUP 00% | sick: n
barracudafang | she/her | HP 100% | HUP 00% | sick: n

𝐚𝐜𝐭𝐢𝐯𝐞 𝐪𝐮𝐞𝐬𝐭𝐬
no active quests
𝐢𝐭𝐞𝐦𝐬 𝐮𝐬𝐞𝐝
no items used
𝐧𝐨𝐭𝐞𝐬
all 10 inktober words used <3 (bolded)
peachpit.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby GhostxX » Sun Oct 29, 2023 1:30 pm

NightClan
Last Explore Post | Last Response Received

NightStar walked out of the camp entrance with unexpected grace for a blind cat. She was out on a patrol with EvergreenFog and Driftfeather because she heard reports of predators near the mountains, most of the times she would prefer to go look for the predator alone, but then EvergreenFog found out and dragged Driftfeather along with her. Now, as they all walked toward to mountains, where the smell was believed to be coming from, now, as NightStar thought about it, no-one was at camp to protect it! "Hey, EvergreenFog can you-" she stopped mid-stentence as she tripped over a pebble and fell flat on her stomach, feet splayed out in front of her. "NightStar! Are you ok??" EvergreenFog Asked, concerned "she's fine" Driftfeather grunted. NightStar stood up, shook each paw out, shook her head then twitched her ears and whiskers. "How about we go hunting after this?" She asked, acting like nothing happened

[ #146 words ]

-- cats on patrol
NightStar | she/her | HP 100% | HUP 0% | Sick: Y/N
Driftfeather | she/her | HP 100% | HUP 0% | Sick: Y/N
EvergreenFog | she/her | HP 100% | HUP 0% | Sick: Y/N

none!
-- level 0
experience: 80
Nope!
-- active quests:
quest #1 (linked)
-- opted in to death?
yes/no
-- inventory

Bugs | 1 FP | x1
prey | 2 FP | x0
prey | 2 FP | x0
prey | 3 FP | x0
prey | 3 FP | x0
prey | 4 FP | x0

chervil | x1
Feverfew | x1
herb | x0
GhostxX

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Moonlight heavens » Tue Oct 31, 2023 6:43 am

I'm picking my own!
new prey:
1 FP:
- Scraps
- Insects

2 FP:
- Fish
- Crawfish

3 FP:
- Frogs
- Turtles
- Mice
- Leaping Fish

4 FP:
- Waterfowl (ducks, geese)
- Marsh Birds (herons, egrets)
- Mud Crabs
- Raccoons

5 FP:
- Eels
- Swamp Rodents
- Beavers

new predators:
The siren
Swamp Boar
Alligator
Large Snakes
Red-Tailed Hawks
Otters
Coyotes
Wildcats
Marsh Owls

Would you like your current inventory converted to the new prey list? Yes
Last edited by Moonlight heavens on Sat Feb 24, 2024 1:00 am, edited 1 time in total.
Moonlight heavens

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

~ 20 • Explore ~

Postby Whovian5EVA » Tue Oct 31, 2023 10:49 am

EXPLORE TITLE: ~ 20 • Explore ~
xxxxxxxxxxxxx

═ ═══ ═
Far beyond the desert plains, and far beyond the crater, amongst distant starry grasses, two silhouettes crouched… Breathing together their hearts silently raced, desperate for answers, and the atmosphere heavy with the sound of silence. The winds of stardust pulled taught, as the two cats fear for the fates of their descendants.
Time seemed to stretch out for an eternity, punctuated by nothing but silence…

At last, Emberstorm let out a desperate sigh, “I… I just don’t know how to reach them…” Fear gripped her heart as she remembered the danger of a prophecy untold. “Opalflight…” She gazed upon her loving soulmate’s astral form, “Wh- What do I do?” her voice faltered as she spoke. “We already lost Wanderclaw…” Tears began to pool in her eyes and fall down her cheeks, she began to weep “I have failed them.” She whispered. Tears streaming to the floor, she hung her head low, defeated…
Opalflight’s heart sank as her strong and powerful Emberstorm, was reduced to helplessly sobbing. “Emberstorm… I promise…” She paused, “Emberstorm I need you to look at me,” her voice warm and gentle. “I promise we will save them, every last soul down there, I promise we will save them all ” She looked deep into her partner’s beautiful mismatched eyes, “I promise to fight for them all…”
Emberstorm gazed back into her lover’s eyes, they remained there frozen in a silent vow for no more than a moment.
Deep within her partner’s Amber eyes, Emberstorm saw the truth and she knew… She had to keep fighting.
Emberstorm rose to stand on her shaky legs, exhausted from chasing this dream through the starry plains.
Opalflight walked close by her side to hold her steady.
“Emberstorm, I know that clans shouldn’t share prophecies, but maybe in these dire times we could make an exception?”
“You know Crowleap won’t let that happen…” Emberstorm said with a sigh.
Opalflight responded, at last that familiar playful glint came back to her eye “I never said we’d ask him” with a brief pause Opalflight finally responded “I promise you, we’ll save them…”
Gathering up the little hope she had left, Emberstorm nodded, pushing forwards to follow Opalflight’s lead, ready to give this all another shot.

═ ═══ ═

◇ ◆ ◈ ◆ ◇

The sweet winds of the desert dawn dusted the pale trees and warm earth, the stars faintly shimmered above as the night’s chill seeped from the earth. Amongst bundles of grass and dry desert shrubs Opalflight’s ethereal visage raced towards Ridgeclan’s camp, and close by her side, Emberstorm’s celestial form trailed.
They were on a mission and their destination was none other than Onyxdream. She was the only listening cat of the crater that was within Starclan’s reach.
After an eternity travelling amongst the desert, they found the clan.

The starry furred cats danced among the sleeping members of Ridgeclan searching for the the daughter whose visage echoed songs of the night. Looking like no more than a silhouette sprawled out on the desert sands, Opalflight whispered to only her mind, "Onyxdream, I have a message…" and with a deep breath, "I need you to follow me…"
Onyxdream stirred, letting out a sleepy whisper "wh- what? Is..? are you…" and with a final word, she fully awoke "...Opalflight??"
"Yes my dear, I've returned, somethings happening…” a quiet urgency entered Onyxdream’s mind “I need you to follow me."
She rolled to her belly and lifted her body into a sit. With a short sleepy exhale, she signalled to Opalflight, she was ready to go. As the two set off, out of the corner of her eye, she could swear she almost saw a flash of orange…

Onyxdream spoke aloud "Where have you been Opalflight?? I've been waiting for you..? I've felt so lost without you…" Onyxdream's voice quivered with the ghost of the anxiety she had been feeling.
"I'm sorry young one, there's… something happening, and we're truly not sure what it is…"
"What do you mean we're?"
As Onyxdream asked she realised that they were approaching the Craterclan border. She frowned, not understanding… Almost exactly when she frowned, a second starclad cat revealed themselves to Onyxdream. "Hello young one, sorry for intruding, but we have a favour to ask"
Onyxdream almost jumped out of her skin, the only ghostly cat she'd ever seen had been the cloud-like Opalflight. This new cat stood before her, looked almost as though her fur was set alight by the stars sprinkled over her. Even at rest, she burned with a ferocity that Onyxdream almost couldn't withstand. She looked anxiously towards Opalflight.
"I'm Emberstorm, it's nice to meet you Onyxdream" she bowed her head toward Onyxdream.
How does she know my name her heart raced with uncertainty. Glancing back at Opalflight again, she saw her eyes sparkle with admiration as she gazed at her starry companion. Her mind eased a little, as scary and new as this was, she’d always been able to trust Opalflight and she felt this time would hopefully be no different.

“Onyxdream, my sweet child, something awful is on the way…” Opalflight hesitated, unsure of how exactly to convey the danger that the clans were in. “It’s something shrouded in darkness, and fear, I need you to ready the clans for what may come…”
“D-did you say clan-s, as in both?”
Emberstorm chimed in “Unfortunately…”
Opalflight tried to clear the context “Craterclan’s developing a blockage, and much like I call to you, Emberstorm calls to kits in craterclan, but they do not answer… Onyxdream, I need you to know how important it is that you deliver this message to Craterclan. It may be the only thing to save them.”
Onyxdream’s head began to spin, Dad would never forgive me if he knew I was helping them… Can I really risk that fate?
Opalflight silently winced at Onyxdream’s hesitation, she seemed to forget that Opalflight could hear her thoughts… Trying to offer subtle guidance, “the choice is yours, but remember you may also reap what you sow…”

◇ ◆ ◈ ◆ ◇

Onyxdrem reflected on this request for many nights, but on this night, she awoke with a sense of urgency she hadn’t felt in some time… She’d made her decision and the time was now, her fur stood on end as she danced among the sleeping Ridgeclan, the
sunrise casting golden hues over her friends and family.

◇ ◆ ◈ ◆ ◇

○ ● ◉ ● ○

Far across the crater, a light brown tabby stared at the sky as she watched the stars disappear, with a sigh Dawnfeather lamented the fact that she hadn’t heard a peep from Starclan in moons. With a sigh she began to walk under this twilight sky, hoping she might even hear the whispers of a long silent Starclan.
An unknown while passed and as she
wandered even further eastward she saw a silhouette on the morning horizon, a stranger, much closer than they should have been definitely on the wrong side of their border…
She dropped low to the ground and began to sneak towards this shadowy stranger flecked in hues of blue and orange readying herself for a confrontation. As she grew closer she could see that it was only a cat of apprentice age… It would be unfair for a warrior to fight an apprentice alone…
“Hey you!” She called, hoping not to scare the stranger too badly, “What do you think you’re doing this far west of the border?”

Onyxdream froze, a feminine voice called out to her, a Craterclan member…
I really didn’t think this through enough. Shewinced and braced herself for what might come, as she bowed her head and announced “I- I have a message for Craterclan! Its a-about an impending disaster… Y- your starguide called to me, she begged me to tell you…” Her voice trembled.
Dawnfeather paused, Starclan!? How did she know about their silence?? Her expression of confusion betrayed her thoughts.
“Emberstorm! That’s her name! Please! I think it’s urgent you need to prepare your clan…” Her hesitation was buried under the urgency she had awoken with on this dawn. Onyxdream grew breathless as she tried to say it all as fast as she could.
“I know no cat by the name of Emberstorm, Starclan or otherwise” Dawnfeather squinted at Onyxdream, growing doubtful of the stranger’s words.
“She said she was trying to contact you, but there was some sort of blockage? I- I don’t know… Please…” Onyxdream was begging now, at a loss, how could she possibly prove her authenticity…
Dawnfeather watched this Ridgeclan apprentice grapple with the severity of her message, she was either a truly gifted actor or she wholeheartedly believed her message, to travel to a neighbouring clan’s camp, alone…
“The twins! She said there was kits that ignored her call!” Onyxdream was struck with crucial information that might finally sway Dawnfeather’s belief.

Dawnfeather hesitated, uncertain of her clan’s future and beginning to worry that Onyxdream was right about an impending doom… “I cannot trust you fully based off your word alone, however I can ask the kits.” Dawnfeather sighed as she braced herself for the future to come. “As for your trespassing, please don’t return to this territory, I truly don’t want to have to fight… If you return, I may have no choice,”
Onyxdream stood a little straighter, no longer cowering, “I felt it couldn’t wait, but I understand,” she sighed, relieved that she was being listened to.
“Let me escort you somewhat back to the border,” Dawnfeather offered, sensing that this apprentice couldn’t particularly hurt her.

The journey to the border was largely uneventful, but after saying farewell to Dawnfeather, she began to worry about whether her absence was noticed…

○ ● ◉ ● ○

◇ ◆ ◈ ◆ ◇

Her black pelt helped her hide during the nights, but now, with the sun high overhead she stuck out severely. No matter how careful her
pawsteps
she’d barely be able to hide as she re-entered camp…

Then she spotted him. His similar shadowy pelt and burning orange eyes. Onyxdream’s stomach turned. Her fears had come true.

The walk back to camp was excruciatingly quiet, and yet Crowleap’s silent fury screamed out in her mind.
As she entered camp Honeyseed spotted her and
gleefully
called out “Oh! Onyxdream! You’re alright! I thought something terrible might have happened to you!” Onyxdream continued to hang her head in shame…
It was only once they made it to the leader’s den did he finally speak “What in the heaven’s sake do you think you we’re doing no only crossing the border alone, but you were WITH Craterclan’s teller! You better have an incredible explanation for this!”
Rage coursed through his every syllable, she knew she’d messed up bad.
“Dad, I know it looks b-”
“Bad, Uh huh, do you have ANY idea what could have happened to you” Crowleap cut her off, absolutely fuming.
“You were such a good kit and now you’re transpiring with our enemies! I can’t even be-”
“It’s not like that!” Onyxdream burst out “Starclan needed me to carry a message. That’s it!”
“You’re telling me that Craterclan’s ghosts have infected your dreams…” he spat “How DARE they come after my daughter like that! They’re preying on your naivety! You’re not allowed out of camp unaccompanied at all! After a stint like this, it might be forever!” He growled his last sentence “Can’t trust my own daughter thanks to those outsiders” He stalked out of the leader’s den…
Onyxdream was left truly speechless, her world was tumbling down around her.
Opalflight… why…. She let out a heavy sigh, she never heard from Opalflight inside camp…
Honeyseed burst into the leader’s den, “what happened? I’ve never seen Crowleap that mad! Are you unwell?”
“Not physically… I-” tears began to stream down her face, “I just wanted to make the right choice…”
“What choice?” Honeyseed’s sweet voice settled Onyxdream’s heart only slightly.
“Starclan told me I had to deliver a message, about a great danger and they couldn’t get through to Craterclan, Starclan said that Craterclan might die if this message didn’t get to them…”
“Starclan? Onyxdream, I haven’t anything concerning from starclan in a short while, and my connection with them would be stronger, I doubt it was actually Starclan.” Honeyseed’s sweet voice failed to hide her dismissal of Onyxdream’s dilemma. “Maybe you need to sleep it off, being awake too long can make cats see some unusual things…”
Even my own clan won’t listen, how do I have any hope that Craterclan ever will?

◇ ◆ ◈ ◆ ◇

○ ● ◉ ● ○

As dusk graced the horizon and the sun disappeared from the sky, a familiar trio wandered from Craterclan’s burrow. The spinifex grasses nearby were cast an almost
mustard hue, in this evening light. Littlepaw laughed as Zip danced about chasing a tiny white butterfly. He let out a puff of smoke, frustrated as no mathher how har he tried to munch, the butterfly flew beyond his reach. Finchpaw paused to look at the twilight stars above, “I can’t believe that this is the same sky I’ve always lived under…” Finchpaw laughed, “weird isn’t it? That we all have such different lives under the same sky?”
Zip looked at him scrunching his nose clearly
bumfuzzled
by Finchpaw’s proposition, quickly losing focus he began to chase down another butterfly.
Littlepaw giggled “I don’t think he quite understood, but yeah it's weird I guess… I think I never thought about it… Life’s just always been pretty good for Craterclan…”

Back inside the Craterclan burrow, Dawnfeather awoke the heat feeling as though the sun was high overhead, but peaking out of the burrow, she could see it was night and she’d slept in… Weird.
Remembering her conversation with Onyxdream the night before, she began to seek out Sandkit and Pearkit. She had to find out what they knew.
As she approached the nursery, she heard Blossomheart call out “Hi Dawnfeather! How are you?”
Smiling Dawnfeather replied “I’m doing well! How are you? And the kits?”
“I’m doing great! These two always seem to be bickering, or have some sort of
beef
going on, but other than that they’re well!”
“Hi Dawnfeather!” Pearkit spoke just moments before she spun around and tackled her sister, “Hey! No fair! I was distracted!”
Dawnfeather laughed, before finally getting to the reason she had come to the nursery “I have a question for you two… Did you have a dream about anyone saying they were a ‘Starguide’?”
The two kits nervously looked at each other, and Sandkit nervously shifted her weight from one foot to the other.
“How did you know that?!” Pearkit burst out.
Dawnfeather gasped.
She did her best to shake off her shock, now she needed to know what this starguide had said… “Can you remember what she said?”
“She tried to trick us into being scared! She said it’s going to get hot but it’s already hot!” The two kits laughed together both remembering their silly encounter with Emberstorm.
Dawnfeather lightly laughed with the kits, desperately trying to hide her shock and confusion…
“That sounds like quite the dream! I need to patrol soon, maybe I’ll be back to talk to you both soon” she winked at the kits, bidding them farewell.
Hurrying over to snowspark’s den, she needed his tactical help for what she could possibly do…
“Snowspark! Starclan’s revealed a dangerous future for us…”

Before long, the two founders of Craterclan realised their only option was to seek out refuge in Ridgeclan’s territory…

The crescent moon hung low in the night sky and at last, Snowspark and Dawnfeather stood before the territory’s border. The two shared a nervous glance hoping their half-baked desperate plan would save their loved ones.

Not a moment after Dawnfeather’s paw touched Ridgeclan earth, claws struck her back and side, knocking her to the ground. Snowspark growled as he fell to the hard ground. Both Craterclan cat’s pinned down by the weight of their foes. “W- Wait!”

For only a second, nothing but the wind responded to Dawnfeather’s yelp.

○ ● ◉ ● ○

◇ ◆ ◈ ◆ ◇

And then from the darkness a shadow called “Would you look at that,” a voice dripping with disdain spat from the nearby bushes, “I knew Craterclan were lowly but I can’t believe that even the leaders of Craterclan would stoop as far as disrespecting the borders we had even agreed upon.” Dawnfeather stared up in shock at Crowleap’s vicious orange eyes. “I will say, I’m not surprised though, your ancestors were just as wicked.” He paused for no longer than a moment. “Poisoning my daughter’s mind with their lies and tricks.”
“Please, Crowleap! We’re not trying to attack! We need help!” Dawnfeather began to plead.
“Starclan has foretold that we must escape or our clan is doomed,” Snowspark locked eyes with Crowleap, staring him down even from the ground.
“And who gave you that idea? A cat that is merely fifteen moons old? Seems believable…” Crowleap sneered.
“Crowleap, I don’t know what sort of stories you have heard, but this is too high stakes, for clan rivalries. Cats will die because of this!” Snowspark desperately tried to reason with him.
“My answer still stands. You’ll have to figure it out on your own. Now get off my territory” The Ridgeclan leader growled at these intruders.
As the two were released from being pinned, they hurried over to Craterclan’s territory defeated and feeling as though all hope was lost.

Dawnfeather and Snowspark’s hearts sank through the whole silent journey home. Defeat eating away at their courage…
What are we ever going to do..?

◇ ◆ ◈ ◆ ◇
○ ● ◉ ● ○

As foretold, in the nights following the burrow grew hotter and the desert’s sparse puddles evaporated faster than usual… Craterclan began sleeping out in what few shadows they could find on thick grassy beds, the only way to separate themselves from the hot earth and the searing sun overhead.

Amongst the danger of sleeping out in the open, most cats did their best to find some form of normalcy. Littlepaw under the blasting heat of the sun, remembered the coolness of the waters of her magical camp. The way the playful fish would splash about in the water, and the wonderful sound of the bubbles she would blow under the water.
The sounds of bubbles echoed in her mind, bloop bloop bloop
. Closing her eyes she could almost see the living noodles that Finchpaw called “eels”.
She let out a peaceful sigh, escaping from the awful heat even if only in her mind.

Finch lazily stretched out as he woke up only a little, blinking as he wondered why Zip was outside the burrow, and drifting off before he could realise, they were all outside the burrow.

Littlepaw turned her attention to the sky, the birds that flew freely overhead didn’t seem to suffer from this heat quite as much, and before long she drifted off too, dreaming of running amongst birds way up in the clouds.

○ ● ◉ ● ○
◇ ◆ ◈ ◆ ◇

This night began like any other, the sun hung low in the sky, and the sweet eastern winds blew in. Onyxdream dug her claws into the earth and stretched her back as she stared at the pale evening moon. She'd been having trouble sleeping lately, and she’d been using that time to dig out around the bases of the bushes in Ridgeclan’s camp. Dingopaw had discovered that the bushes seemed to grow thicker and stronger if aided by some little moss balls of water. She always marvelled at Dingopaw’s ability to understand plants, and work his magic to have them flourish. Since the day that she’d snuck over to Craterclan, her father had prohibited her leaving the camp at all for fear that she might betray Ridgeclan again but she sort of enjoyed helping Dingopaw with all his gardening. She gently padded around camp, as always keeping herself busy with tidying tasks and organising the herbs for Honeyseed. Cool winds blew over the ridge and Onyxdream breathed in the tranquillity of Ridgeclan’s empty camp.

In just one moment her whole world was about to change.
The night sky split in two bursting alight, birthing a second sun. An impossibly loud crack rang loud and ached in Onyxdream’s ears. Eyes wide she stared at the supernova materialising in her home crater. Panic ripped through her chest and a single thought rang out in her mind.

It’s happening.

Bits of rock and hot ash rained down from the sky, the earth itself tumbling down as the very ground her paws rest upon quaking violently. Her homeland around her had become nothing but apocalyptic. The sky turned a cataclysmic red as the light faded, she could only see glowing rivers of red, right where Craterclan’s camp was.

◇ ◆ ◈ ◆ ◇
○ ● ◉ ● ○

Darkness slowly grew to light as Dawnfeather slowly came to ears still ringing. The shockwave of the explosion had thrown her to the ground hard. Blinking through the smoke and confusion, she tried to comprehend what had happened… She- She’d been on a patrol… Maplepaw Her concern immediately flashed to the youngest member of the patrol. She desperately searched for Maplepaw, she knew the young apprentice would have taken the blow much harder than she had. “Maplepaw!” Squinting she saw a silhouette too large to be an apprentice, as she crept closer she saw it was Sunfoot. She sighed a breath of relief “Oh Sunfoot, you’re okay! It’s me, Dawnfeather! We need to find the others!”
“I know! Where’s Maplepaw?” Sunfoot echoed Dawnfeather’s unspoken worries.
“We need to keep looking!” Resting her tail on Sunfoot to not lose her in the thick black smoke, she realised how tight her chest felt as the smoke stole fractions of her air. Crouching low Sunfoot hoped she might be able to see more where the smoke seemed thinner. Just as she did she heard coughing not far from where her and Dawnfeather were, it sounded like Clayfreckle and Aspenwind had found each other. “Crouch low! The air’s a little thinner down there! Has anyone seen the apprentices?!” Sunfoot called to the other two warriors, the silence from the two apprentices hung heavy in her mind. As her and Dawnfeather scoured the small area that the warriors had been thrown to, she caught Littlepaw’s scent. She hurried towards her apprentice’s smell, and as she grew closer she heard laboured breathing and quiet crying.
“Littlepaw, please what’s wrong? I- I’m scared…” Maplepaw whimpered.
“Maplepaw! Thank stars you’re alright! It’s okay, we’re here now.” Dawnfeather reassured the young apprentice,”
Dawnfeather hurried over to the two apprentices, and she could hear Littlepaw’s breathing was laboured but steady. “She’ll be okay Maplepaw,” she curled herself around the apprentice taking her into her warmth. Her sobbing slowed as the warriors around her brought her back into a world of safety.
Aspenwind stared at his daughter unconscious but breathing. Both horrified he’d been so close to losing her and ecstatic that she’d most likely recover.
He snapped from his stupor and rushed over to clean his daughter’s ears and face, hoping that maybe, just maybe it would help her come to and they could escape from this dark landscape they’d been thrown into.
Before long Littlepaw blinked her eyes open and her breathing slowly returned to normal.

○ ● ◉ ● ○

xxxxxxxxxxxxx
3195 words
xxxxxxxxxxxxx
○ ● ◉ ● ○

╭── ●○ ───── ◉ ───── ○● ──╮
CATS ON PATROL
Dawnfeather |she/her | HP 100% | HUP 10% | Sick: N
Clayfreckle |he/him | HP 100% | HUP 0% | Sick: N
Aspenwind |he/him | HP 100% | HUP 20% | Sick: N
Sunfoot |she/her | HP 100% | HUP 20% | Sick: N
Littlepaw |she/her | HP 100% | HUP 0% | Sick: N
Maplepaw |she/her | HP 100% | HUP 0% | Sick: N

╰── ●○ ───── ◉ ───── ○● ──╯

╭── ●○ ── ◉ ── ○● ──╮
PREDATOR/PREY
X
╰── ●○ ── ◉ ── ○● ──╯
╭── ●○ ── ◉ ── ○● ──╮
LEVEL 7
746/950 EXP
╰── ●○ ── ◉ ── ○● ──╯

╭── ●○ ── ◉ ── ○● ──╮
DEATH OPT IN LINK
X
╰── ●○ ── ◉ ── ○● ──╯
╭── ●○ ── ◉ ── ○● ──╮
ACTIVE QUESTS
N/A
╰── ●○ ── ◉ ── ○● ──╯

╭── ●○ ── ◉ ── ○● ──╮
INVENTORY
▉PREY:▉
scraps | 1FP | x6
bugs | 1FP | x7
spinifex hopping mouse | 2FP | x1
dunnart | 2FP | x3
plains mouse | 2FP | x1
bearded dragon | 3FP | x2
desert skink | 3FP | x3
bush stone curlew | 4FP | x1
wallaby | 5FP | x2
HERBS:
blackberry leaves | x1
borage leaves | x1
bright eye | x2
broom | x1
burdock root | x1
burnet | x1
chamomile | x1
chervil | x1
coltsfoot | x1
daisy leaves | x2
dock | x2
fennel | x1
hawkweed | x1
mallow leaves | x1
marigold | x1
dried oak leaves | x1
ragwort leaves | x1
ragwort | x2
rush | x1
stick | x1
stinging nettle | x1
yarrow | x1
holly berries | x2
deadly nightshade | x1
water hemlock | x1
╰── ●○ ── ◉ ── ○● ──╯
╭── ●○ ── ◉ ── ○● ──╮
ITEMS USED IN THIS EXPLORE

N/A

╰── ●○ ── ◉ ── ○● ──╯

________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Some notes to the writers:

{I used all 10 words! Woo!}

I'd like to claim this quest exp too please! June 2023 Quest (25 exp)

Hi! This is left super open ended on purpose and I’d love to invite you to exercise full creative freedom over how they might react! The edge of the crater they once called home, has exploded in a volcanic eruption, and it’s awfully close to Craterclan’s camp!
Dawnfeather, Clayfreckle, Sunfoot, Littlepaw (mentor is Sunfoot), Aspenwind, Maplepaw (mentor is Aspenwind) were on their way back from a patrol when the crisis hits. I have updated their descriptions in my clan’s archive if you’d like to get to know them better. You are also welcome to use Emberstorm as a helpful ghost/NPC/Starguide if you feel that they might need some extra help through the crisis!
You are also welcome to leave your response more abstract and go all vibey instead if you prefer! Thank you so much!<3
Last edited by Whovian5EVA on Sat Nov 11, 2023 9:00 am, edited 1 time in total.

If I'm online at weird
times its because
I'm from Australia.
You can call me Vee! :)
Uni Student | adult
I draw sometimes I guess?
Whovian5EVA

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Moonlight heavens » Tue Oct 31, 2023 4:27 pm

xxxImage
Tribe Of Hissing Waters
Last Explore Pos (none)t | Last Response Received (none)
───────────────────┐

In the heart of the murky swamp, BasiliskStar, leader of the Tribe of Hissing Waters, embarked on a solitary patrol. Her pelt, a mesmerizing blend of black, silver, and charcoal marbled tabby patterns, seemed to merge seamlessly with the shadows of the treacherous terrain. With every sinuous step, her coat rippled like dark water, mirroring the swamps she called home. The dim light filtering through the twisted branches highlighted the intricate marbling of her fur, making her a shadowy queen in her kingdom.

The swamp was her realm, a place where danger and secrets intertwined. Her bright amber eyes, like molten gold, scanned the surroundings with predatory vigilance. The swamp's unique symphony of sounds enveloped her – the chirping of frogs, the occasional distant splash, and the rustling of leaves beneath unseen creatures. Each of these noises was a part of the living tapestry she ruled.

Her snake companion, Silvertongue, coiled securely around her neck, was equally at home in this watery wilderness. The python's body blended with her marbled pelt, creating an eerie, almost mystical union. Silvertongue's forked tongue flicked out, tasting the air for any hint of danger. Their connection was unspoken but profound, a bond forged in the heart of the swamp.

As she moved through the muck and tangled roots, BasiliskStar reached a familiar location where the scent markers of her territory needed renewal. Her marbled tabby coat seemed to blend seamlessly with the dark surroundings, making her a ghostly presence in the swamp. Silvertongue, aware of her purpose, uncoiled slightly and extended its serpentine body toward the ground.

BasiliskStar began to knead the earth with her powerful paws, her claws digging deep into the muck. She renewed the scent markers, marking her territory with a mixture of swamp mud, her own scent, and the subtle pheromones that spoke of her clan's presence. Silvertongue remained vigilant, its tongue flicking out to catch the wind's whispers.

When the task was complete, BasiliskStar lifted her head, her marbled coat glistening with the dark, swampy mixture. She regarded her work with a sense of satisfaction, knowing that her tribe's territory was secure. Silvertongue, coiled around her neck once more, seemed to nod in silent approval.

With her renewed scent markers in place, BasiliskStar continued her patrol, her senses sharp and her presence unyielding. In the heart of the murky swamp, she was the fearsome guardian of the Tribe of Hissing Waters, and her marbled tabby coat merged seamlessly with the shadows, a testament to her rule.

[ 401# words ]

───────────────────┘
-- cats on patrol
BasiliskStar |She/her| HP 100% | HUP 0% | Sick: N

🐍~Clicky

xxxImageImagexxImage
-- level 0
experience: 0
Any items used/eaten this post
ex. food, herbs, etc.