Forum rules
Reminder: Copying another person's art without permission to reproduce their work is a form of art-theft!
Click here to see the full Art Rules!

explore post 004 -- elmclan

Postby ethium » Sun Apr 10, 2022 3:12 pm

(( 𝐄𝐋𝐌𝐂𝐋𝐀𝐍
            𝐄𝐗𝐏𝐋𝐎𝐑𝐄 ─
            ─── 𝟎𝟎𝟒 ))
━━━━━━━━━━━ 𝐓𝐇𝐄𝐑𝐄 𝐖𝐀𝐒 𝐍𝐎 𝐎𝐍𝐄 𝐄𝐋𝐒𝐄 𝐈𝐍 𝐒𝐈𝐆𝐇𝐓, ━━━━━━━
━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━ 𝐉𝐔𝐒𝐓 𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐄𝐍𝐃𝐋𝐄𝐒𝐒 𝐅𝐑𝐎𝐙𝐄𝐍 𝐏𝐈𝐍𝐄𝐒 ━━
𝐀𝐍𝐃 𝐈 𝐖𝐎𝐍𝐃𝐄𝐑 𝐀𝐋𝐋 𝐓𝐇𝐄𝐘 𝐊𝐍𝐎𝐖 ━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━
━━━━━━━━━ '𝐂𝐀𝐔𝐒𝐄 𝐓𝐇𝐄𝐘 𝐃𝐎𝐍'𝐓 𝐃𝐈𝐄 𝐀𝐍𝐃 𝐓𝐇𝐄𝐘 𝐃𝐎𝐍'𝐓 𝐆𝐑𝐎𝐖 ━━━
━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━
elmclan - last post: 8/29 - last response: 10/22 - word count: 312 words
xxxxxroll for death: yes - used inventory: item name -- desc level: 3 (76/400)

THE MOON DOESN'T MIND THAT I'M LEFT ALL ALONE --

Wolfpaw’s silvery eyes reflected the moon and stars overhead as he took the lead. Winding through the bushes of the territory he loved so dearly. There had been no question as to what decision he would make, it was the same decision ravendust would have made without question.

Hot claws of anger tore their way across his pelt, as the face of the wicked tom witheredcreek slyly grinned at him in his mind. What if witheredcreek had had more than just gracklestalk and lupineface to help him? What if this patrol was in on it? There had been too much danger presented by foreign cats tonight, and he wasn’t willing to take the chance and leave them this close to the border. However, they hadn’t had technically crossed the border yet. Wolf hesitated, questioning what he should do.

What would ravendust do? The question rung in his mind, a sad reminder of what was lost, but an equal reminder of how to move forward. Ravendust would ensure they were not a threat and then move on. He wouldn’t pick an unnecessary fight, but after what had just happened… he’d make sure these cats weren’t like witheredcreek.

Wolfpaw led his patrol forward, conscious of their eyes on him. He approached the patrol, letting his patrol fan out behind him, as a partial display of strength. “Try not to look threatening, we don’t want to pick a fight, but be ready to fight if necessary.” he shot a knowing look at perchpaw, who immediately bristled under his gaze, murmuring a curse under her breath. Perch was a little too eager for a fight.

“Hello strangers!” Wolf called, stepping forward, his eyes focusing on the foreign patrol. “How goes?” he questioned puffing himself up slightly to appear larger. He was a smaller tom, but he didn't want to appear weak in front of these foreigners.
          ━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━
          ooc comments/thoughts:
          you only live once i guess lol

I want to risk death!
          username: ethium
          clan link: elmclan

current patrol:
            starsight - HP 100% - HUP 0% - sick: n/a
            shreddedmoon - HP 100% - HUP 0% - sick: n/a
            perchpaw - HP 100% - HUP 0% - sick: n/a
            wolfpaw - HP 100% - HUP 0% - sick: n/a
            doepaw - HP 100% - HUP 0% - sick: n/a
            prey inventory:
            mouse -- 1fp -- x5
            rabbit -- 4fp -- x2
            prey -- 2fp -- x0
            active quest(s):
            fennel - fight predator
            herb inventory:
            1x -- watermint
            1x -- juniper berries
            1x -- lamb's ear
            1x -- oak leaves
            1x -- cobwebs
            amount -- herb
ethium

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

[0141.] viv's explore replies

Postby Vivika » Tue Apr 12, 2022 5:01 am

ELMCLAN !!
    x( ethium archive last post )

Witheredcreek’s twisted smile rose, unbidden, in his mind. A twisted, crooked smile, morphing into a booming cackle that reverberated through his soul, striking like a poisoned viper. Merciless.

He could still remember every detail. From the upturned twist of thin lips, those thick, dark curls running wild with the surge of ancestral power and those pale frothing, chartreuse eyes, gloating with delusions of grandeur and the harrowed spark of ambition. Ambition that rendered so many souls lost.

And it was like that same tom stood before him now.

The foreigners’ leader. Tall, lithe and composed, thin smile twisted and twined like a vicious, serpentine creature coiled tightly around a lone pine tree, squeezing the very lifeblood from its sap. And behind this… leader, his brood of shadowed vipers, restlessly slithering about to the shuffling of anxious paws━

No, that wasn’t right.

Wolfpaw blinked. His jaws ticked, easing a deep breath in… then releasing it. Steady and slow. This was ridiculous. The foreigners had yet to pose a threat. And this was not Witheredcreek. Nor Thorn. Concealing a shudder with a raised chin, he rocked a step forward. He wouldn’t let the past interfere with the present. Ravendust would hardly━

And a viper struck.

Dappled sienna curls whipped back, emitting a low hiss as claws skimmed the side of her cheek. Perchpaw. Scarlet bloomed, smearing, as she surged forward, undeterred. (-5% for perchpaw ─ no herbs or rest needed for her to return to patrol!)

And she was a whirlwind of flames, ignited under the blaze of moonlight. Slender claws sliced, deft and certain, executing a smattering strike across the offender’s jaws as she returned the favor. Amber eyes narrowed, a warning sliding through her teeth. “Back off.”

The viper hissed, stumbling back. “…getting a little too close for comfort, sweethear━”

Enough.” A sharp command breached the silence, the foreign leader snapping out of his stupor. His paws cuffed the other’s ear, setting him into line with a firm swat. He grimaced. “Forgive them. My crew has been out of line, lately.” His head dropped in a stiff dip. “I don’t intend for this to turn into a battle.”

Wolfpaw’s jaws parted, jaw tight. “And you are?”

“Crater.” His voice was a mere rasp. “We’re here to warn you of a threat in your borders. It’s ravaged our place, but it’s within your bounds currently.” Shadows danced, flickering across his features, the dark and light entwining. “A badger. It’s carrying some illness… been terrible for the flora and fauna.”

“Is it… contagious?” Doepaw’s head lifted, soft gaze hesitantly breaking from Perchpaw’s cheek. “How bad are we talking?”

The foreigner shrugged. “I don’t know. wherever it goes, there’s a trail of destruction. Shredded plants, prey… you name it. We’ve scented it close to this location.”

A chill lingered, a biting frost shivering down his spine. “Why should we trust you?”

“You shouldn’t trust anyone, young one.” The foreigner’s smile was unreadable. Veiled. “Make your own decision, do your own investigating…” He shrugged, pale eyes sliding from Starsight to Shreddedmoon. “…and talk to those you trust. The decision is yours. But here, a token of goodwill. Chances are, you’ll need it.” (+4FP bird, +4FP bird, +4FP bird)

With a flick of his tail, the rest of the crew scattered. The foreigner offered a final nod, drifting into the embrace of the night’s shadows. His parting echoed in the evening breeze: Good luck.

The patrol has heard rumors of an ill badger scented within their borders! Do they confront (fight) this creature or leave it be?

If the patrol decides to start a fight with this predator, please make a note of that in your explore post for the next writer! You'd be completing Fennel's active quest and they'll return to reward the patrol with something special! c;

xx
    totals

xx+10% hunger for each patrol cat
    xxxx↳ starsight (10% hunger), shreddedmoon (10% hunger),
    xxxxxperchpaw (10% hunger), wolfpaw (10% hunger), doepaw (10% hunger)

xx-5% health for perchpaw
    xxxx↳ perchpaw (95% health)

xxxp stats (opted in for death)
    xxxx↳ +50XP for writing, +20XP for patrol sent
    xxxxxx+24XP for prey, +10XP for border skirmish

xxprey + herb finds for patrol
    xx+4FP bird, +4FP bird, +4FP bird
    xx+ no herbs </3

xxitem finds
    xxxx↳ n/a

xxlevels
    xxxx↳ +104XP → level 3 (180/400XP)
    ────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────x

xxImage
    x
    notes: hi, your new coding is so pretty, ahh! the aesthetic just flows so well!
    your babies are also all so precious ─ gives them each a lil squeeze !! <33

i noticed you did switch over to the updated explore code, which is awesome,
    ahh! one little thing (definitely easily missed, so don't stress about it at all!),
    but if you could sneak your patrol's pronouns in somewhere, that'll be lovely! ^^
──────────────────────────────────────────────────
Vivika

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Stars V.2 • Explore

Postby Willow.cat » Fri Apr 15, 2022 2:08 pm

I want to risk death!
Username: /_Willow_\
Clan link: Willow'clan
Cat Collection Completed
02-27-24!

Willow.cat

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

explore post 005 -- elmclan

Postby ethium » Fri Apr 15, 2022 4:10 pm

(( 𝐄𝐋𝐌𝐂𝐋𝐀𝐍
            𝐄𝐗𝐏𝐋𝐎𝐑𝐄 ─
            ─── 𝟎𝟎𝟓 ))
━━━━━━━━━━━ 𝐓𝐇𝐄𝐑𝐄 𝐖𝐀𝐒 𝐍𝐎 𝐎𝐍𝐄 𝐄𝐋𝐒𝐄 𝐈𝐍 𝐒𝐈𝐆𝐇𝐓, ━━━━━━━
━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━ 𝐉𝐔𝐒𝐓 𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐄𝐍𝐃𝐋𝐄𝐒𝐒 𝐅𝐑𝐎𝐙𝐄𝐍 𝐏𝐈𝐍𝐄𝐒 ━━
𝐀𝐍𝐃 𝐈 𝐖𝐎𝐍𝐃𝐄𝐑 𝐀𝐋𝐋 𝐓𝐇𝐄𝐘 𝐊𝐍𝐎𝐖 ━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━
━━━━━━━━━ '𝐂𝐀𝐔𝐒𝐄 𝐓𝐇𝐄𝐘 𝐃𝐎𝐍'𝐓 𝐃𝐈𝐄 𝐀𝐍𝐃 𝐓𝐇𝐄𝐘 𝐃𝐎𝐍'𝐓 𝐆𝐑𝐎𝐖 ━━━
elmclan - last post: 4/9 - last response: 4/11 - word count: 1,043 words
xxxxxroll for death: yes - used inventory: item name -- desc level: 3 (180/400)

SHADOWS SETTLE ON THE PLACE THAT YOU LEFT, OUR MINDS ARE TROUBLED BY THE EMPTINESS --

Wolfpaw paused, enraptured in thought.

A badger in elmclan… he took in this warning with a stiff nod and watched as the foreign strangers slipped back into the darkness from whence they came. Like wraiths in the night, they slipped through the trees. Wolf silently hoped he’d never see those viper-like eyes again. With a thoughtful hum, he turned back to the rest of his companions, silver-blue eyes taking in their thoughtful expressions. Finally, his gaze landed on starsight, who in wolf’s eyes seemed to be the most qualified in decision making at the moment.

“What should we do?” Wolf asked, knowing as Perch began to puff up, what she would say immediately. “No, you can’t fight the badger.” he cut in as Perchpaw opened her mouth to speak. Her maw snapped shut and she grumbled something inaudibly.

“You’re injured Perch, although slightly. You won’t need anything for that cut, but I don’t want to risk it becoming something more if you get on the wrong side of a badger’s claws. Let's return to camp. Wolf, you will lead a small group of scavenger guardians and patrollers to challenge this badger and chase it out.” Starsight decided finally, and Perchpaw murmured her begrudging acceptance. Doepaw nodded affirmatively, her soft amber eyes reflecting admiration and affection as she gazed at Wolf. He dipped and reddened under her gaze, downcasting his eyes and shyly dipping his chin. Perch was quick to shove him on the shoulder playfully. “Look at ol’ wolfie! All grown up and ready to lead his own patrol.” Perch’s comment came across as envious, and Wolf looked up hurriedly, anxious to set things right, but as he gazed at her expression he realized she came from a place of admiration and respect. Starsight dipped his head in agreement, “Wolfpaw has stepped up and taken his place as a true future warrior. I am confident he will be able to lead us towards victory.” He stepped forward to give wolf an encouraging brush on the shoulder and then moved forward to lead the way back to camp.

As the grouping moved, clustered together and chattering softly, Doepaw hung back to catch wolfpaw who was tailing the group silently. She gave him a gentle, encouraging smile. “I’m proud of you, you know. Ravendust would be too,” she murmured quietly. Wolf jerked at his former mentor’s name, feeling that dark hollow in his chest widen and thrash at its mention. His brow furrowed, and he grimaced, giving doe a pained smile. He understood where she came from, but staring into those soft, loving eyes when her mentor strode only feet away… and he would never see his again. Envy rose up like a venomous snake, eager to bite and poison and ruin, but wolf quashed those feelings quickly, hiding them deep within. He would not succumb to that evil. He would not succumb to that evil. He would not succumb to that evil. A mantra, he reminded himself, as he and doepaw continued silently. He wished more than anything for his mentor’s reassuring golden eyes, but.. every time he thought of them he could not unsee the sight of them empty and lifeless as he lay there in the aftermath of the wicked one’s wake. The brilliant gold had been dulled and glazed over. Brilliant eyes that would never see anything again.

Wolf thought he might be sick.

He shook his head sharply and focused on the road ahead, eager to get back to camp and get to work on assembling a party to go after the badger. If he could keep his mind moving, wolfpaw would not be able to focus on the emptiness of the patrol, on the clear and simple lack he felt as a result. There was no ravendust to comfort him, he had to comfort himself now.

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

Upon their return to camp, Starsight strode off to recount the events of the evening to the head guardian and the head patroller, explaining that Wolf would be in charge of leading them towards the badger. Both baybriar and hickorypelt had been more than happy to oblige, and each offered up their own candidates for the patrol.

The moon was high overhead when the patrol was finally assembled, and wolf stood beside starsight, gazing at the cats that now gathered in a half-circle around them.

Chosen for the patrol were the scavengers cinderspeck and hickorypelt, and the guardians herringpace and myrtlesmudge. Alongside himself, that made five in total. Each were eager in their own way to get going, and herringpace cast him a pleased look as the two greeted one another. “I am glad to see you stepping out on your own wolfpaw,” he hesitated, anguish flickering in his eyes. Wolf knew what doepaw’s dad was going to say and he braced himself internally for the emotional onslaught. “I am deeply sorry for your loss, wolf. It is a great loss for the clan, but none more so for you. I wonder how sequoiawing will take it.. their sons and daughter will need council. Perhaps you will share in their grief? Laying him to rest?” Wolf cringed visibly at his struggle to choose the right words. To be fair, herring wasn’t exactly known for his verbal prowess.

“Yes, I will sit vigil with him when the time comes. I imagine his mate and children are devastated, but at the moment I fear our concern lies with the badger within our territory. It has the potential to become an immediate threat. There will be a time for mourning when the badger has been dealt with.” Wolf decided, giving Herring a soft smile as the tom simply nodded his agreement and then slipped back into the ranks of the patrol. When all seemed satisfied and settled, Wolf turned to Starsight.

“Are we ready?” he questioned, and starsight turned to the tom with bright eyes. “Yes, I believe so. The badger was scented by patrollers north of here, lead in that direction, and may the ancestors guide you to your enemy.” Wolf dipped his head in agreement.

“May Morning’s Light be with you.”

And with that, the new patrol set off north in search of their quarry: the badger this rogue patrol had warned them of.

ooc comments/thoughts:
          does my little dance -- hopefully everything here looks okay !! still trying to figure this whole explore thing out :)
          I am fighting a predator and therefore fulfilling fennel's quest ^^ <33

tldr; starsight decided to head back to camp and swap patrols to a more capable group and go after the badger with wolf leading it. wolf deals with his grief towards losing his mentor some more and then leads the patrol off into the night in search of the threat.

current patrol:
            wolfpaw - he/him - HP 100% - HUP 10% - sick: n/a
            cinderspeck- she/her - HP 100% - HUP 0% - sick: n/a
            hickorypelt - he/they - HP 100% - HUP 0% - sick: n/a
            herringpace - he/him - HP 100% - HUP 0% - sick: n/a
            myrtlesmudge - she/her - HP 100% - HUP 0% - sick: n/a
            prey inventory:
            mouse -- 1fp -- x5
            rabbit -- 4fp -- x2
            bird -- 12fp -- x3
            prey -- 2fp -- x0
            active quest(s):
            fennel - fight predator
            herb inventory:
            1x -- watermint
            1x -- juniper berries
            1x -- lamb's ear
            1x -- oak leaves
            1x -- cobwebs
            amount -- herb
ethium

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Stars V.2 • Explore

Postby SilentMelody » Mon Apr 18, 2022 7:07 am

Shoreclan
Last Explore Post | Last Response Received

Once more prey was caught and their bellies were full, the cats decided to settle down in the forest for a small rest. Tempestslash slept alone in fallen leaves, and the others curled up together in pairs. For a moment, the senior warrior felt a pang of loneliness, but she tried to brush it aside. She reminded herself that her mate was waiting for her in the nursery, and she could curl up beside her anytime she wanted.

She was jolted awake by a tickling sensation on her nose, and she sprang to her paws to hiss at the intruder. But it was only the young warrior Tigershine, standing with wide eyes and marigold in his jaws. They fell to her paws, and he dipped his head. "I'm sorry, Tempestslash, I didn't think you'd get so scared. I was just trying to wake you up with the smell," he apologized gracefully and batted his eyes. In the commotion, the others were woken up and Streambrook blinked blearily at his mate. Blueberrynose yawned loudly, and Embersnow sniffled a little at being disturbed from the beauty sleep she was receiving.

Tempestslash rolled her own eyes and opened her mouth for a smart retort, but something else caught her attention. "Get down, quickly!" she hissed to everyone and ducked down to the ground. Everyone else was confused, but they followed her lead and waited for her orders.

Within a few moments, the badger came into sight. It was a large lumbering beast, with a thin snout and small, black beady eyes that seemed to gaze into their hearts.

Tempestslash had to make a decision. Would they pursue the badger? Or would they simply take their items and leave?

Quickly, she regarded the pros and cons of fighting the badger. The animal was close to their camp, which was an extreme danger, and it needed to be deterred. There were many kits in the nursery... and Pearstorm, her mate... Tempestslash couldn't bear to think of it as her heart gave a fierce squeeze inside her chest.

"Attack the badger!" she yowled, overcome by emotion. The blue-silver tabby sprang into action, sprinting towards the badger and lashing out at it with unsheathed claws.

The other cats swiftly followed suit, Blueberrynose launching herself onto the badger's back. The badger reared up, and Embersnow raked her claws along it's underside. As the badger grunted and snarled, both Tigershine and Streambrook were swiping at the creature's front legs.

The badger raised its long, razor-sharp claws into the air, gleaming in the sunlight filtering through the leaves of the tall trees.
[ 432 words ]

(level up prize inventory note: selecting trout for prey and selecting lovage & tansy for herbs)

--cats on patrol
Tempestslash | HP 100% | HUP 30% | Sick: No
Embersnow | HP 100% | HUP 30% | Sick: No
Blueberrynose | HP 100% | HUP 30% | Sick: No
Tigershine | HP 100% | HUP 40% | Sick: No
Streambrook | HP 100% | HUP 40% | Sick: No

--level 4
experience: 69/500

-- active quests:
none

-- prey inventory
eagle | 5 FP | x1
mouse | 1 FP | x3
quail | 3 FP | x2
rabbit | 4 FP | x5
salmon | 2 FP | x1
scraps | 1 FP | x2
shrew | 2 FP | x1
trout | 2 FP | x1

--items in inventory used
none
--herb inventory
alder bark | eases toothaches | x1
bindweed | binds sticks | x1
broom | used in poultices | x1
cobweb | stops bleeding | x2
coltsfoot | eases breathing | x1
deadly nightshade | poison | x1
deathberries | poison | x1
holly berries | poison | x1
lovage | helps cure coughs | x2
marigold | stops infection | x1
mint | hides death scent | x1
rush | binds broken bones | x1
sorrel | traveling herb | x1
stinging nettle | reduces swelling | x1
tansy | helps cure coughs | x2
wild garlic | extracts poison | x1
willow bark | eases pain | x1
yarrow | extracts poison | x1
SilentMelody

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Glacierclan // explore post 5 // word count; 384

Postby .sins. » Mon Apr 18, 2022 1:46 pm

Eagle Stone eyed the rogues from the shadows of a nearby bush. The stench of the fox had
masked their scent just enough to make him unaware. He could feel his brother next to
him tensing up in anticipation of their next move. Movement on the other side of the
border caused him and his brother to pause and hold their breaths. The brown and white
bodies of their mother and the deputy of the clan appeared from behind a tree. Almost in
unison, the two brothers slinked through the shadows trying to get closer to the rogues
and to hear the interactions. Pine Wind lead his brother through the shadows of the trees
and brush, his eyes watching the forest floor for twigs and leaves. His paws falling on water
softened spots, cold, but mostly silent, making sure his back paws fell in the spot where
his front paw and previously been. Fear pricked from his pelt. His kits were in the camp,
waiting for him, and all three of his family were currently out here. If things went wrong,
there would only be his oldest daughter to look after them. Snapping back to the current
at his mother's voice, he stopped by the trunk of a large tree on the border to the beach,
the setting sun giving them an advantage.

"You three seem to be a long way from home," Fawn Leap chimed, her tail swishing back
and forth. One look over the cats showed her they seemed more lost than anything. They
all seemed to be wobbling on their paws, paw prints on their border were heavy and clumsy.
A touch to her hind leg from Asphodel Dawn was ignored as the medicine cat stepped
closer to the rogues. "What brings you this far away from your homes?"

A flash of multiple colored eyes alerted the deputy that the medicine cat was in a good
spot if things were to go wrong. There was no getting around the two toms if they were
to enter a fight, her plan was to either run to the clan herself or send Fawn Leap if
needed. Finally looking at the strangers, Asphodel Dawn saw how desperate they looked.
She lowered her guard a small bit, but something was just off to the she-cat.
╔══════════════╗

ATS ON PATROL
fawn leap| HP 100% | HUP 10% | Sick: N
↳ she/her
eagle stone| HP 100% | HUP 10% | Sick: N
↳ he/him
pine wind| HP 100% | HUP 10% | Sick: N
↳ he/they
Asphodel Dawn| HP 100% | HUP 10% | Sick: N
↳ she/her
cat| HP 100% | HUP 0% | Sick: N
↳ pronouns
cat| HP 100% | HUP 0% | Sick: N
↳ pronouns

╚══════════════╝
╔═══════╤══════╗

experience;
137/200 - - - - - - -

level;
1 - - - - - - - - - - -

╚═══════╧══════╝
╔══════════════╗
death opt-in;; yes.................
active quests;; n/a .................

╚══════════════╝
╔══════╤═══════╗

Predators;.............
red & artic fox
lynx, coyote,
fisher, mink
wolverine

╚══════╧═══════╝
╔══════════════╗

NVENTORY
fish eggs (+1 fp) x1....... sorrel x1
mouse (+2 fp) x1.......... stick x1
minnow (+3 fp) x2 ....... fennel x1
marmot (+5 fp) x1 ....... feverfew x1

╚══════════════╝
╔══════════════╗

TEMS SED
n/a

╚══════════════╝
.sins.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

♕ ── 006. [april explore posts] !! ))

Postby faelyn » Tue Apr 19, 2022 12:38 pm

xxLILI041'S LISSIDOMxx
xx
written words exp: 50 exp
item exp: 0 exp --
food+herb exp: 7 exp
patrol exp: 10 exp ----
death opt exp: yes (x2)
total exp: 134 exp -----
████

─────────────────────────────────────────
she was a goddess that had fallen to earth to save him… an angel in person. an angel with tresses of daffodils and dandelions… whose eyes plummeted into endlessly blue oceans and fell ever-so deeply into eternity of serene solitude.

he was so lostlost in a labyrinth of roses and the gentle aura of warmth shone by a thousands ribbons of daylight. lost in a trance that left him helpless.. hopeless without her─ ro.

he needed to see her again… he-

“maurus?” a lyrical call that kissed the silence, the delicate silhouette of a shivering soul bounded forward, eyes ever-so slightly narrowed as lissi came close. “what are you doing?”

a nervous chuckle fluttered across his lips as the ivory of his claws traced the blades of emerald beneath his toes. “oh.. nothing, lissi.” he grinned. “just got distracted… that’s all.”

distracted?”

“yeah… besides, i found some herbs!”
and there… gathered a little ways away, summertime blossoms and fallen jades were pressed into daintiest of herbal fronds, winking in the daylight as he welcomed them into his embrace. “quite a few actually!”
(+1 broom, +1 bright-eye, +1 burnet, +1 water hemlock, +4exp)

“ahh.. i see.” eyes of entire oceans squinted a little… wavering to his. “petra is somewhere nearby… we should go meet her.”

a pause.
“i believe she’s caught a squirrel.”
(+3fp [squirrel], +3exp)

──── ✧ ✧ note: hi there <3 i believe vivika already responded to this question! c:

┌────────────────────────────────────────────────┐
fp earned: 3 fpxxxherbs earned: +1 broom, +1 bright-eye, +1 burnet, +1 water hemlockxxxx level: level 3 (224/300) -> level 3 (358/400)
items earned: n/a xxxxxxxx hunger: 10% for the entire patrol! xxxfree posts?: zero posts left!

└────────────────────────────────────────────────┘
faelyn

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: [010] ~ Explore (Lissidom)

Postby LiLi041 » Wed Apr 20, 2022 3:05 pm

Last Explore Post: here! | Last Response Received: here!
Level 3 (358/400 exp) | Death Opt-In: Yes | Predators/Prey: default

Patrol
Lissi | she/her| HP 100% | HUP 0% | Sick: no
Hal | he/him| HP 100% | HUP 0% | Sick: no
Maurus | he/him| HP 94% | HUP 0% | Sick: no
Petra | she/her| HP 100% | HUP 0% | Sick: no

Items Used
  • squirrel| 3 FP | x1

Active Quests
  • Try out for a nursey slot with another user! | Fennel | x (complete)

Inventory
Prey:
  • scraps | 1 FP | x4
  • vole | 2 FP | x1
  • squirrel | 3 FP | x1
  • minnow | 3 FP | x1
  • rabbit | 4 FP | x1
Herbs:
  • daisy leaves | x2
  • thyme | x1
  • comfrey root | x1
  • horsetail | x1
  • parsley | x1
  • burnet | x3
  • feverfew | x1
  • ragwort | x1
  • dried oak leaves | x1
  • goldenrod | x1
  • goatweed | x1
  • broom | x1
  • bright-eye | x1
  • water hemlock | x1
Maurus forced himself to stow his lovestruck thoughts away as he followed Lissi to where Petra was. Lissi had paused before saying that Petra had caught a squirrel. He wondered why.

His question was soon answered when he saw Petra, Artep, and a squirrel. More precisely, two-thirds of a squirrel. His eyes snapped to her face. "What happened?"

Petra looked slightly embarrassed. "Sorry, I don't know what came over me... I just..." she coughed. "I just couldn't help but take a bite when I caught it."

Awkward silence reigned for a few moments.

"What's done is done," Lissi said. "Shall we just share this squirrel now?" Maurus shrugged and nodded. May as well. Petra pushed the squirrel towards them, and Lissi and Maurus quickly finished it off.

[split 1x squirrel (3 FP) among Lissi, Maurus, and Petra (-10% HUP each)]

The sun had just passed the highest point in its daily path, and the wind seemed to carry with it a cool, brisk feel that promised good luck. "Let's go back to camp," called Lissi. Though they had already eaten their catch, they had a hefty herb finding that they should sort as soon as possible. The three packed up and headed back to camp. The wind really was nice today, flowing around their shoulders and brushing their fur, wrapping them in a refreshing stream of crisp air.

It was with the wind on her mind that Lissi and her two companions arrived at camp. Then, she stopped dead in her tracks. For there, was a handsome cat, sitting in the center of camp like he belonged there. A brown and white bunny laid beside him, ears pricking up as soon as she heard the noise of them returning to camp.

"Hello," the stranger greeted her, his voice melodious and calm. Her heart pounded. "I am Hal, ambassador of a distant land. Might you happen to be Lissi, the leader of Lissidom?" Lissi nodded hesitantly, too shocked to speak. The stranger- no, Hal- continued. "For reasons I cannot explain now, I am unable to return to my homeland." His tail swished and curled around his paws primly. "Would you do me the favor of allowing me to stay in Lissidom?"

Lissi wanted to say yes immediately. But... a stranger, no matter how charming, was a stranger. She glanced at Maurus and Petra, who were also both shocked. Petra saw Lissi's silent glance for help, but she could only shrug in return. Maurus's look of shell-shock looked like it wasn't going to go away any time soon, so Lissi could only make the decision on her own. She followed her heart.

"Sure," she told Hal. "But, one of us will have to stay with you at all times for at least a moon." Hal agreed.

Over the next few days, the clan of three- no, now four- simply stayed at camp, both to accomodate their new clanmate and to take some downtime for themselves from the constant stream of patrols. Lissi and Hal started going out for short trips often, just the two of them.

Petra watched them from the corner of her eye as she groomed herself. "What do you think they're doing, Maurus?"

Maurus rolled over from where he lay, flopped on the ground, basking in the sun. "What?" he mumbled sleepily. His mind was clearly still on his most recent crush.

Petra sighed. "Lissi and Hal," she repeated. "What do you think they're doing, going out every hour?"

Maurus blinked sleepily. "Maybe they're going out to see the sunset?" Petra shot him a stink eye. She knew what he was thinking about without him even saying it. It was the sunset date that he had with Choko, a few moons ago. Evidently, this was the most romantic date to him ever, as this was the first idea that came to his mind, despite it being broad daylight.

"The sun isn't setting, Maurus. There's no sunset to see." Maurus shrugged and rolled back over, going back to sleep. He loved being in love, and going on romantic trips, but he wasn't interested in the slightest in speculating on other cats' relationships during naptime. Petra licked her paw in frustration as she began to contemplate what was going on. Were they exploring, or going on dates? She would be happy for her friend if the latter, but she worried that it was too fast. She still couldn't trust Hal completely, but she did admit that perhaps the extra catpower was very neccessary for their clan. They wouldn't be able to withstand a single raid with only three cats, and four was better than three.

She'd need to test his skills, she decided. As Maurus snored lightly, Petra licked her fur clean and plotted.

A few days later, she could practically see hearts coming out of Lissi's eyes. Hal's eyes too, were brimming with love, but he was slightly more reserved about it than Lissi. Neither showed any indication of wanting to go out on a patrol, though a whole week had passed and they needed to stock up on their fresh-kill pile.

"We should go on a patrol, all four of us," Petra proposed suddenly, deciding that she couldn't wait anymore. Maurus had recovered enough from his latest bout of lovesickness, and looked eager to stretch his limbs on a patrol. Upon hearing the request, Lissi glanced at Hal, who nodded towards her.

"Okay," Lissi agreed. "Let's go on a patrol. All four of us, for the first time!"

[919 words]

Notes: Hal is here! :D

Quests: completed Fennel's quest! (and it was accepted, too! >w<) link
Please credit my Toyhouse @LiLi041 for all designs!
~~~
Lissidom (Stars) | eNUF (Stars)
Colony Tracker (Storkies)
~~~
All trades welcome!
LiLi041

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups