94 people like this Log in to vote for this drawing

Versions of this drawing that people have created recently

Kalon #1529 -- Koi - winner pg.8!

Postby Schnuffel Bunny » Mon Feb 11, 2019 11:46 am

edits;
        standard - shine
        common - hair, fur, tail,
        backmane

Here a Koi design Kalon. Tell me why they love all types of fish? also which one is their most favorite species of fish? Max. 500 words

Code: Select all
        username;
        name;
        gender;
        prompt;

you can make an art piece as an extra or an extra 100 words. prettying up is allowed.

ends on the 13th!
Last edited by Schnuffel Bunny on Sat Feb 16, 2019 9:59 am, edited 2 times in total.
Species Artist for:
ImageImage

My most favorite things:
ImageImage
ImageImage
Discord: Schnuffel Bunny#0531
Pokemon Unite User: Schnuffel

If you feel like chatting, don't feel shy to PM me!
      kalons - chicoons - zeus
      ▶ Adult - She/Her - August 1 🎉

Schnuffel Bunny

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Kalon #1529 -- Koi

Postby dragonstars » Mon Feb 11, 2019 11:47 am

username; Dragonstars
name; Ella
gender; Female
prompt;
Ella has always loved lion fish ever since she was a kid,She thought the pretty,tiger striped fish was cool and beautiful.She always carried around a lionfish plush,even today she still does,Its a little dirty and its colors are a little dull but she still loves the thing to death.She has some lionfish themed items,Her room is somewhat lionfish themed.She owns her own fishtank that has a black and white lionfish,Named Zebra.

Last edited by dragonstars on Wed Feb 13, 2019 8:51 am, edited 3 times in total.
Please click these! Thank you! ^w ^

dragonstars

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby SilhouetteStation » Mon Feb 11, 2019 11:47 am

username; SilhouetteStation
name; Leore
gender; Male

prompt;
They were fighting again. He could hear them in the kitchen, even with the door shut. It wasn't uncommon to hear them arguing, so he'd learnt to block it out. He toddled over to the fish tank, peering through the glass at the two goldfish inside. They were the only ones who didn't make a lot of noise. From his pocket he pulled out a small plastic shark and held it up, moving it along, pretending it was swimming with them. Sometimes he imagined it was him, in the water with his golden friends. Something smashed in the kitchen. He and his shark kept bobbing along.

~

Kids crowded around, pointing and chattering loudly. Their teacher was doing her best to keep the class together. The voice of the aquarium guide rose over the noise, pointing out various sealife. Leore only half heard him. He was so close, his breath almost steamed up the glass. In the underground dimness, the water cast flickering blue light over his face. His eyes were wide with wonder, and he held his breath as a shark swam up over his head in the tunnel.

He'd always loved fish when he was younger. His two goldfish had given him something to focus on; clean the tank, keep them fed, ignore anything else. He'd raided the school library for fish-related books, reading them all at least twice. But one fish had always stayed his favorite. He reached down to touch his pocket, where even now, the small plastic shark was nestled.

He started listening properly to the guide, who had just asked the class what their favorite fish were. There was a flurry of answers. "Goldfish!" "Tropical!" "Nemo!"

"What about you?" The guide asked, and Leore realized he was talking to him. Without hesitation he pointed into the water, where the shark had swum back around. One of the students snickered. "That's a shark, dummy." A few others giggled.

"Actually you're wrong," the guide said bluntly, and the giggling stopped. "Technically speaking, a shark is a kind of fish. You knew that?" He asked, turning back to Leore, who nodded. "You know what kind that one is?"

"Nurse shark," he whispered. The guide looked impressed.

The tour moved on, but the guide hung back to walk with Leore. "You seem to know your stuff," he said. Leore felt a rush of pride. "You know," the guide continued, "you should really think about a career in this. Seems like your kind of thing."

~

"Oi, Dolly Daydream!"

"Huh?"

He snapped out of the memory to find his workmate laughing at him.

"Away with the fishes again, I see," they teased gently, and he rolled his eyes. "Zip me up," they said, turning around. Leore did up their wetsuit; his was already snug against his body. Together they stored their belongings in their lockers.

"Ready for another fun day of marine biology?"

Leore touched the side pocket of his backpack, where he could feel the plastic shark inside. "Always."

(499/500)
Last edited by SilhouetteStation on Tue Feb 12, 2019 9:34 am, edited 2 times in total.
.•° ✿ °•.

silhou • she/they/her • queer • infj • AoNZ
neurodivergent + mentally ill; might be slow to reply to trades/messages

feel free to chat with me about ofmd!

Image Image Image

character saleskalonsself love reminderssupport your local artist

Image Image Image Image

°•. ✿ .•°
SilhouetteStation

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby prisms. » Mon Feb 11, 2019 11:48 am

username; galaxymouse
name; Pisces
gender; Female
prompt;
For a while, Pisces was just a normal Kalon, living her normal life with her family. But one day, they were given a pond as a gift, and they couldn't take care of the fish anymore. They accepted this gift, a relaxing pond with plants around it, filled with Koi. It was a medium size. Every day, Pisces fed the fish, and checked on them. Sometimes, she would watch the koi swim, it was very relaxing and calming. Each koi a different pattern with different colors. Her parents would help as well with the pond. Pisces also checks on the plants around the pond. Her friends would visit, and she would show them the fish and sometimes let them feed them a small bit.
She fell in love with fish and koi ever since, and hopes to take care of more fish and teach others how to as well. Since koi was her first ever fish she has taken care of, it is her favorite. She still looks after them today. She studies marine biology as well, hoping to know more than just fish.
184/500

Last edited by prisms. on Tue Feb 12, 2019 12:17 pm, edited 4 times in total.
Quitting cs, wont be v active here,
Carrd has places to find me I guess

toyhouse
prisms.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby guts. » Mon Feb 11, 2019 11:49 am

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
☰☰☰☰☰☰☰☰☰☰☰☰☰☰☰☰☰☰☰☰☰
| ginga. | name: Chi | gender: male |
☰☰☰☰☰☰☰☰☰☰☰☰☰☰☰☰☰☰☰☰☰
ImageImageImage
Chi had always believed every fish had their own beauty.
He wondered why others had not looked at it the same way as himself.

☰☰☰☰☰☰☰☰☰☰☰☰☰☰☰☰☰☰☰☰☰
Something about the way they swam in the pond, their scales shining in the glistening water.
At one point in his life, he’d seen them as you’re everyday normalities. They all looked invariable, every glide they took, every shift they made, all implied the same demeanor. But now and then he had questioned his judgement.
What if each and every one of them were extraordinary, memorable, unique, significant? All with their own personality, gift, and perhaps, appearance.
It was the day after that he went down to his neighbor’s pond, examining the koi swimming down beneath the water’s surface. He admired how delightful they looked. The many different colours Chi found, all of which including; red, black, white, blue, and yellow.
He had looked at the top layer, noticing how one had peeked through the clear blue liquid, now gazing into Chi’s eyes. He wondered if fish could smile. Surely this one would be doing it to him.
He paraded around the lake, investigating the life forms in the water. They all gave him a different emotion each time. Until his eyes landed to one in particular. It was white bodied with red marks on its back. He immediately took a liking to the name Kōhaku.
Days upon days, Chi constantly went back to the pond, admiring the koi for a hour or two. He had grown so fond of these little creatures. He wanted the whole world to know how much he loved them, so he began to tell his family about the mesmerizing fish.
Time and time again, more and more of the town showed up, coming to watch and feed the koi. Some took quite a liking to them just as Chi himself did. He couldn’t maintain how he felt inside, how ecstatic he was. The small beauties were being cherished by others around.
Sharing the things he loved was always Chi’s number one hobby. He wanted others to experience how he saw the world. Bright and beautiful, with many surprises thrown into the mix.

A few years later, Chi went down to that same pond. The koi that were once there had now been replaced by younger ones, almost as gorgeous as the ones before. He smiled to himself, noticing they still differed from the next.
It wasn’t just the grace of the fish, but their personality. No matter how different or similar, he’d acknowledge them the same. It’s not what the fish saw in him, but what he saw in them.
Chi had never underestimated anything ever again.
☰☰☰☰☰☰☰☰☰☰☰☰☰☰☰☰☰☰☰☰☰
coding creds to Brittle.
Last edited by guts. on Tue Feb 12, 2019 2:21 pm, edited 2 times in total.
《ᎪSH ᏟᏒᎾᎳ, ᎪSH ᏟᏒᎾᎳ, ᏟᏒᎽ ᎽᎾUᏒ ᎠᎬᏁᎥᎪᏞ.》
♚ guts | he/him

♚ adult | pisces/aquarius

artshop | trades

guts.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby LivingLethal » Mon Feb 11, 2019 11:49 am

username; livinglethal
name;
gender;
prompt;

maybe |D
LivingLethal

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Kalon #1529 -- Koi

Postby La Volpe » Mon Feb 11, 2019 11:51 am

mark
aaron ── he/him
La Volpe

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby the spoopy gengar » Mon Feb 11, 2019 11:52 am

username; the spoopy gengar
name;tigris
gender;female
prompt;

tigris really likes kois
she used to have a little koi lagoon
staring at the majestic creatures
without blinkling

it was weird
she thought all the fishes were ugly
because one time,while she was fishing
all she could catch was some catfish

catfishes are not ugly but for tigris they were disgusting creatures
very slippery and slimy creatures
she started to hate fishes after that

until one day herfather bought a small lagoon
probably is for decorationshe thought
after that her mother got large bag
filled up with fishes

tigris tried to avoid that lagoon
but something about it was interesting
kois have really vibrant colours
red orange white and black
they are really eye catching
and after some looks at these"ugly fishes"
she gave a second chance to these animals

now,she is studing about fishes
what they eat,where they live and other things
catfishes arent anymore in her hate list
that place is for fishermen
after moving from her parents house
the first thing she did was to build her own fish lagoon
with diferent species, and obviously with many kois

Last edited by the spoopy gengar on Tue Feb 12, 2019 6:03 am, edited 1 time in total.
☁︎x☀︎x☁︎
✰she/her✰
✰really bad english✰
✰feel free to pm or trade me✰
x©︎x
the spoopy gengar

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Koily. » Mon Feb 11, 2019 11:52 am

username; Koily.
name; Momo
gender; Male
prompt; wip !!

Image Image
Koily.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby KittyandCat » Mon Feb 11, 2019 11:56 am

username; KittyandCat
name; Finn
gender; Male
prompt; Finn loves fish because of his Japanese culture. His mother used to have a huge koi pond; and he discovered how amazing the fish really were when feeding them. His favorite fish has to be gold-fish, because he loves how they look almost like mini-koi! Also, fun-fact; koi means love (Japanese)

he/him | EST

-flight rising

Image Image
KittyandCat

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me