Forum rules
Reminder: Copying another person's art without permission to reproduce their work is a form of art-theft!
Click here to see the full Art Rules!

✦ [ Kalon Adopts ] by ✧ airplane.

Based on Click to view
Artist ✧ airplane. [gallery]
Time spent 14 hours, 27 minutes
Drawing sessions 25
1353 people like this Log in to vote for this drawing

Versions of this drawing that people have created recently

✦ [ Kalon Adopts ]

Postby ✧ airplane. » Thu Jan 26, 2017 3:36 pm

✦ [fanclub] [nursery] [customs] [growths + transfers] ✦
✦ [main archive] [customs archive] [off-oekaki customs + growths] [archive update] [item trade] ✦
✦ [artist search] [nursery artist search] [tumblr] [shop] [bank] [faq] ✦

Welcome to Kalon Adopts!
Thanks for visiting!
Stick around to check out our adopt competitions and make friends in our community!

Discord Server
The server is open to to any CS account created more than 2 months ago.
You must fill out info in the verification channel to gain access to the rest of the server!

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━» ✦ «━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

QUICK FACTS wrote:eupleridae
    ✦ iridescent tail shines
    fossa whiskers & teeth
    ✦ textured manes
    long tongues
    minkish paws
    sheepish noses
    social, tame, clever
    ✦ woodland habitats
    ✦ adore colorful things
    ✦ fruit, insects, fish
    Kalons [ka·lon] are generally long-furred omnivorous creatures similar in body structure to fossa. These eupleridae vary in size from a house cat to a full-grown liger. They are red blooded, viviparous, and highly protective of their young until the offspring reaches maturity. Their paws are dexterous for grasping food, climbing trees, and to groom one another. The diet of a Kalon tends to consist of fruits, nuts, fish, and insects although some are also known to eat other meat.

A unique trait specific to the species is a shining, flexible iridescent material found on their tails used mostly for identification and showing off which is helpful when spotting another Kalon from afar. The shine can be compared to a hummingbird or snake’s natural iridescence, and this shimmering association to their own kind has led to many Kalons hoarding shiny or colorful objects they come across. They also tend to create close bonds with fellow species members, especially those within a family unit. They communicate through a series of chatters and growls, each succession of noises unique to form a sort of language. These creatures are active both during the day and the night cycles usually spending time napping in the sunlight or hunting prey after dark.

Monitored in forests across the globe for years, these animals have recently been declared naturally tame as well as sapient. Scientists have urged the general population to consider adopting Kalons for further study into their aptitude. Their intelligence has been called similar to that of dolphins.

Human interference with the species, such as radiation or their sensitivity to airwaves, has caused hundreds of these creatures to form harmless mutations. These genetic transformations vary greatly such as additional limbs, excessive fur growth, and even glowing body parts. The most elusive Kalons are known as legends that walk the earth capable of possessing wings or transparency.

[ Trait Guidelines ]
      Please refer to this doc about any limits and specifics on what is allowed for certain traits! Doc is currently a WIP so feel free to DM the species owner with any questions, or inquiries about adding new traits.

Non-Rarity:
      Scars, Missing Limb, Weight, Tattoos, Colored Blood
    Standard:
      Hair, Custom Shine, Teeth, Claws
    Common:
      Fur Edits, Backmane, Custom Tail
    Uncommon:
      Custom Ears, Custom Tongue, Custom Pupil/Iris Shape
    Rare:
      Horns [on the head], Halo, Glow, Goop, Shine on the Body, Double Tails, Double Ears, Double Tongue, Double Iris, 3-5 Extra/Missing Eyes, Cyclops, Munchkin or Reverse Munchkin, 5-6 Limbs, Twisted Limb, Bigger or Smaller Paws, Polydactyly/Oligodactyly, Shaped Pawpads, Shaped Eyes, Bulbed/Feathered Whiskers
    Legendary:
      Form Change, Color Change, Wings, Wyvern, Transparency, Gems, 2-3 Heads, Tailmouth, 3-9 Tails, 7-8 Limbs, Exposed Bone, Scales, Fins, Body Length, Glitch, Goop Body, Cybernetics, Body Eyes, Elemental [Fire, Water, Clouds, Lightning, Stone, Ice, Space, or Shadow/Smoke], Plant Growth, Fungal Growth, Coral Growth, Feathers, Antennae, Body Spikes, Mertail, Naga, Avian Legs, Raptor Legs, Rat Feet, Hooves

kalon banner by zoosea // paw divider by ✧ airplane.
Last edited by ✧ airplane. on Sun Mar 10, 2024 2:34 pm, edited 141 times in total.
✧ airplane.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

✦ [ Staff Members ]

Postby ✧ airplane. » Sat Jan 28, 2017 5:35 am

Last edited by ✧ airplane. on Sun Mar 10, 2024 2:31 pm, edited 96 times in total.
✧ airplane.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

✦ [ Species Rules ]

✦ Kalons is a closed species and only Staff Members may make official Main or Nursery adopts. Community members may make Kalon designs official with the use of MYO slots.
    ✦ Users may own an unlimited amount of Kalons. They may only win three Main Adopts or RUs per month. The month is determined by when the Kalon is posted, not when the competition is judged. NBs and special event Kalons do not count towards this limit.
    ✦ Selling or purchasing Kalons for any type of payment [money, virtual currency, art, etc.] is prohibited.
    ✦ Users may not use the Kalon base to sell pre-made designs for the species. They may offer their commission services to design MYOs for users.
    ✦ Designs purchased on other bases may be transferred to Kalon designs as MYOs with the permission of the original artist. Designs that exist as Kalons may not concurrently be part of others closed species.
    ✦ Kalons may be transferred out of the species with permission from the original designer and the species owner.
    ✦ Once in a users ownership, they are free to develop a Kalons character as they'd like within the Kalon rules.

✦ Kalons can be any romantic or sexual orientation, and any gender.
      ✦ Kalon kits should not be in romantic or sexual relationships with adults.
      ✦ Kalons should not be in inces​​tuous relationships.
      ✦ Users may roleplay and write for their Kalons.
      ✦ Users may draw or create any sort of art for their Kalons.
      ✦ Kalons may interact with other non-Kalon OCs.
      ✦ Kalons may be a fursona with permission from the original designer.
      ✦ Kalons may be made into fursuits with permission from the original designer.
    ✦ Kalons may not be officially co-owned. They remain under a single owner in the archive.
    ✦ Users may not mini-mod official thread or answer questions in place of Staff Members.
    ✦ The Kalon community will not tolerate harassment, scammers, or begging. Please respect all members and staff! We want our community to be a positive space!

✦ All Kalon customs, growths, and edits must be officially approved by a Kalon Staff member, and either posted on oekaki or on the off oekaki archive thread.
    ✦ Kalon growths may only be officially approved one month after the batch was posted.
    ✦ When editing the Kalon base, please follow the trait guidelines for different edits. The muzzle and back lines of a Kalon must remain untouched.
    ✦ Users may not edit Official Kalons without the use of edit items. Kalons designs must remain the same and should not be edited.
    ✦ Changing a Kalons expression is allowed and does not need approval. This includes the expression of the eyes, mouth, eyebrows, and whiskers. Colors and traits must remain the same when editing an expression.
    ✦ Adding accessories to a Kalon is allowed and does not need approval. Accessories should clearly be removeable.
    ✦ Kalons may be given scars and missing limbs with the approval of a Staff Member.

✦ All official Kalon MYOs and Growths must be on the Kalon base. Users may use the Customs and Growth threads to work on oekaki or download the Kalon PSD here.
    ✦ The Kalon base should not be custom sized. Official x2 and x4 lines are available in the Kalon discord server, as well as through this link.

✦ Kalons on the V1 lines may be transferred to the V2.5 lines. Kalons originally created off oekaki may be transferred to oekaki. Both require approval from a Staff Member once complete for the new reference to be official.
    ✦ Approved growths may be regrown if they are inaccurate to the original kit, with the permission of the species owner.
    ✦ Users may revamp a custom once with the permission of the species owner, as long as it has never traded hands or been bred.

✦ Official Kalons may only be traded for other official Kalons or MYO slots. Kalon breeding and edit items may only be traded for other Kalon items or MYO slots.
    ✦ All trades must be posted on the proper threads with the proper forms to be official. Kalon trades and gifts should be posted on the archive update thread. Item trades and gifts should be posted on the item trade thread.
    ✦ A user must own a Kalon for 30 days before they are allowed to trade it. They may gift a Kalon at any time.
    ✦ Users may only make two Kalon trades a month. These trades can occur at any point within the month. A month rollover is determined by CS time zone. There is no limit for item trades.
    ✦ Users may trade any number of Kalons in one trade between themselves and another user.
    ✦ Users may make three way trades that are cyclical and involve Kalons being traded from A >> B >> C >> A.

✦ Kalon Artists open nursery slots as they see fit. Users may post tickets trying out for any open nursery slots.
    ✦ Nursery batches will result in 1-4 kits, randomly rolled, unless a breeding item is used to determine number.
    ✦ Traits passed from the parents are randomly rolled with predetermined rates based on trait rarity and the number of parents in the ticket containing the traits. These rates, along with breeding item uses can be seen on the breeding rolls sheet.
    ✦ Rolls for traits and kit number may be requested from the artist who took a user's ticket. Legendary trait rolls will be done in the public discord channel.
    ✦ Users must wait one week after obtaining a Kalon before they can breed it.
    ✦ Users must wait one month after a nursery ticket has been accepted before trying out for a new one.
    ✦ Kalons have a maximum of 3 free breedings. A fourth breeding slot may be purchased from the Kalon shop.
    ✦ Any items being used in a breeding must be on the ticket at the time of posting.
    ✦ Nursery tickets can be between either two or three Kalons.
    ✦ Any pair or trio of Kalons can breed regardless of sex or gender.
    ✦ Kalons that are kits that have not had an official growth approved cannot breed. Users cannot seek breedings with Kalon kits until they have an approved growth.
    ✦ Inces​tuous pairings cannot breed.
    ✦ If at least a month has past and a user cannot get into contact with the artist who took on their nursery ticket, they may contact the species owner to find a new artist for the ticket.

✦ Once a Nursery Batch is posted, kit fates must be determined and agreed upon between the users involved in the ticket. If an agreement cannot be reached, a Staff Member can be contacted to roll fates publicly in the Kalon discord.
    ✦ Fates of kits must be posted on their NB thread to be official and for all cooldowns to start.

✦ A user may hold a readoption for any official Kalons they own at any time.
    ✦ Once a readoption is posted, a winner must be chosen at the end of the competition, and the Kalon must be gifted to the new owner.
    ✦ Readopts should be judged within a months time. If left unjudged, if the host cannot be contacted, a Kalon Staff Member will step in to judge.
    ✦ All readopts require entries to be posted publicly. DM entries are not allowed.
    ✦ Readoptions may only be hosted on CS threads or within the Kalon discord raffle channel.
    ✦ If a user wishes to readopt their Kalons, but does not wish to host the readoptions, they may contact any Kalon Staff member to host the readoption.

[ Strikes & Bans List ]

✦ Users banned from the Kalon species may not interact with any Kalon threads or the Kalon discord server, including but not limited to trying out for new adopts or readoptions, applying for breedings, or participating in events. Banned users may not obtain new Kalons, grow kits, trade Kalons, or use MYO slots. Banned users may also not take any commissions involving Kalons.

✦ Users who repeatedly break rules in the Kalon discord server may be banned temporarily or permanently from the server, without being banned from the species entirely.

✦ The Kalon species reserves the right to strike or ban any user via majority Kalon staff vote in accordance with the assessed severity of the situation.
    ✦ Users are usually given three strikes before a complete ban. Occasionally for offenses great enough, users may be banned before being given any strikes.
    ✦ Users may request appeals of both strikes and bans. The species owner may reverse decisions based on discussion within the staff chat.
    ✦ Kalons of banned users may be readopted based on the severity of the case. This usually occurs in cases where the Staff is concerned banned users may scam others with sales of their Kalons.
Last edited by ✧ airplane. on Sun Mar 10, 2024 2:25 pm, edited 170 times in total.
✧ airplane.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

✦ [ HM System ]

✦ Occasionally if an artist feels entries for Main Adopt Kalon competitions that did not win are deserving of recognition, that artist will award honorable mentions, colloquially known as HMs. Users who have accumulated enough HMs may trade them in for MYO slots and edit items.
    ✦ Artists are not required to give out HMs for every competition.
    ✦ HMs may be redeemed in the Kalon Shop.

Rates for HM rewards are as follows:

✦ 10 HMs = Standard MYO
      ✦ 15 HMs = Common MYO
      ✦ 20 HMs = Uncommon MYO
      ✦ 35 HMs = One Rare MYO
      ✦ 50 HMs = Unlimited Rare MYO
      ✦ 90 HMs = One Legendary MYO

✦ 5 HMs = Standard Edit
      ✦ 10 HMs = Common Edit
      ✦ 15 HMs = Uncommon Edit
      ✦ 20 HMs = Rare Edit
      ✦ 75 HMs = Legendary Edits
Last edited by ✧ airplane. on Sun Mar 10, 2024 2:19 pm, edited 18 times in total.
✧ airplane.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

✦ [ Stamps + Gift Lines ]

Postby ✧ airplane. » Sat Jan 28, 2017 5:36 am

✦ Stamps that have been made my various users for our community members to use! Please make sure to credit them!
    ✦ Right click any image to get its image link, to put it in your sig or Kalon storages!

Last edited by ✧ airplane. on Sun Mar 10, 2024 2:09 pm, edited 48 times in total.
✧ airplane.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Kalon Adopts v2 - MARKING OPEN

Postby veridian » Sat Jan 28, 2017 7:14 am

hope we're allowed to mark?

dammnnn 2nd
veridian

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Lillybear » Sat Jan 28, 2017 7:14 am

mark !
Last edited by Lillybear on Sat Jan 28, 2017 7:14 am, edited 1 time in total.
Lillybear

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Guest » Sat Jan 28, 2017 7:14 am

softly marks,
i love these new lines! they look so smooth ahh