Forum rules
Reminder: Copying another person's art without permission to reproduce their work is a form of art-theft!
Click here to see the full Art Rules!

( ⎯⎯⎯ ★ REPLY FIFTEEN. )

Postby elliott. » Fri May 05, 2023 3:45 pm

──────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────
    After a moment of stalking along the underbrush, nose twitching at the scents fluttering in and out of it, before her eyes zeroed in on a plump mouse. The furry creature was nibbling on a seed that was clasped tightly between its tiny hands, its eyes darting around it, afraid for any predator that might take the chance at it. Moving downwind from the rodent, Night crouched low to the ground, belly fur brushing against the grass beneath her and making sure the fabric around her neck didn’t hit the floor and cause a disruption.

Right as she got closer, bunching up her hind legs to leap for the mouse, her foot got snagged on the scarf around her neck, causing her to fall flat on her face as the breath got knocked out of her lungs. Alerted to her presence, the mouse immediately darted away, the only sound seemingly in the forest being the squeaking of departure.

Sighing, Night brought herself back to her paws, smoothing down her fluffed fur. After regaining her composure and rolling out her shoulders, she sniffed around for any trace of anything, slightly recoiling at the spicy scent of a few of the plants. Assuming they’d be helpful sooner or later, she plucked them from the ground gingerly, tucking them into her scarf for later.
    [ + 1 parsley, + 1 goatweed, + 1 ragwort, + 12XP ]

By the time the sun had set along the horizon, Night was empty-pawed except for the herb stalks she had collected after her failed attempt. Her eyes darted around, watching the bugs dance around now that the sun was gone. Shoulders drooping and tail low, she jumped and swiped down a few bugs with her paws, ignoring the idea in her head about how awful they would feel when she chewed on them.
    [ + 1FP moth, + 4XP ]

Just as she was about to turn around and head back to somewhere she could settle down for the night, a frightening scent brushed against her nose, her fur starting to bristle. Immediately, her head started to whip around, trying to fight down the feeling of being scared.
    [ A coyote has been scented! Does your patrol try to face it head-on, or run away before it smells them? ]

⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯ ★★★ ⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯
XP EARNINGS
death opt in

+80XP for words written
+20XP for patrol sent
+04XP for prey earnings
+12XP for herb earnings

FINAL TOTALS

[ +10% hunger for patrol +106XP → level 3 (376/400XP) ]
[ +1FP moth +1 parsley, +1 ragwort, +1 goatweed ]
elliott.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Stars V.2 • Explore

Postby 0Zero0 » Sat May 06, 2023 9:06 am

𝕿𝖆𝖎𝖑𝖑𝖊𝖘𝖘 𝕮𝖔𝖒𝖊𝖙
+ 𝔇𝔯𝔬𝔭 𝔬𝔣 𝔱𝔥𝔢 ℭ𝔬𝔪𝔢𝔱𝔰 𝔗𝔞𝔦𝔩

𝔏𝔢𝔳𝔢𝔩`3 𝔢𝔵𝔭. 376/400
Posts || x x x x x || Last Post Reply [ Archive ]
cat art by OpenClipart-Vectors, banner by ID 12019, border by GDJ, lotus by Clker-Free-Vector-Images [Permission]
Night Oekaki
❤️️ 100%
🍖 10%
💊 N
empty
❤️️ 100%
🍖 0%
💊 N
empty
❤️️ 100%
🍖 0%
💊 N
empty
❤️️ 100%
🍖 0%
💊 N
empty
❤️️ 100%
🍖 0%
💊 N
empty
❤️️ 100%
🍖 0%
💊 N

♠' The scent startled her. She had been hunting all day, and had hoped that her being alone would keep her safe. There was no way she would have any chance against the beast if she were caught and she wasn't willing to try. She froze at first, her heart beating deep within her chest. She then hunkered down low to the ground and focused. What direction was the smell coming from. Remember your training.

♠' "Steady Now. Focus." The older molly echoed in her ears. She was a stalky girl with dark brown fur speckled with gold, and emerald eyes. "You have the ability within you. Now. Where is the other cat?"

♠' She had been training in the clan for a long time. She had known exactly what to do in this situation, and yet panic was filling her lungs. She couldn't breath at first. She felt her legs tighten, her heart was pounding so hard in her chest it felt like it was going to explode. She was going to die out here alone, and she knew it. It was all her fault, she should have never left home, she wasn't ready.

♠' "I believe in you."

♠' The cold air snapped her out of it. A small breeze on the wind hit her face. It was uphill, the creature hadn't noticed her yet. The Coyote was probably out hunting though so it would be looking for her. She braced herself to run, but crouched slowly down the slopes farther from the smell. She would find something to cover her scent in. Mud perhaps though preferably an herb or group of herbs with a strong scent to hide in. While there she would lie in wait, and hope that the danger would pass.

♠' As Night gazed around her surroundings, she found an excellent patch of mint and wanted to roll in it. No, we didn't want to leave her scent strongly behind. Hopefully running through it would help though. There was several nooks and crannies that looked tempting to hide in, but the scent of the coyote was so close she didn't like to test her luck. She moved onwards. She would keep moving, but slowly, as to not catch the attention of any other dangerous predator.

♠' As night walked she stared down at the moth. The night sky covering them, and no one was around to see, so at least her pride was safe. It was food after all. She should be proud of getting something. It was half tempting to throw it away. Gazing at the insect, she noticed the intricate patterns on the wings. The creature had dark spots with rings around them that resembled eyes. The color was a deep brown, and the body furry like her own. Her stomach growled, and she winced. Better get this over with. Closing her eyes, she ate the moth.

♠' At least she would be full when she was eaten by the mini wolf. I guess that made her a tasty meal. Well, full wasn't really the best explanation for the meal of a moth, but it was a good sized one, and so there was some satisfaction in having something in her stomach no matter how disgusting it was. Food is food, but she would never tell anyone. In fact if the question does arise she thought she would figure out a story that would be so fantastic no one would ever suspect the truth. Who would she tell though?

♠' The summer night was getting to her. The sounds of the crickets were dyeing off, the light of the night sky a brilliant blanket, and the smell of the moist dirt made her tired. A yawn escaped. She was tired and wanted to sleep, but with the scent still somewhere in the distance she had to stay awake. Maybe she shouldn't have eaten, then she would have an empty stomach to keep her up and awake from the danger. Why was fear not enough. Her eyelids were getting heavy, but she trudged onwards at least till she could find a descent hiding whole to dig herself deep into.

♠' The warmth of her scarf didn't help. It was amazing how the extra fur kept her warm in the cold, though it was getting warmer, the scarf seemed to be a nice addition as the mountain was always cold at night. It was a nice change from the hot day she had to hunt in. The glow of the night sky calmed her fear, and was a pleasant feeling, she wasn't alone. The feline had Star-Clan watching over her, even if she no longer belonged to a clan.

[ 867 Words ]

No Quests ♠ -1 FP used

[ FP 2 2 5 1 5 1 ]

╒═════════╕
𝔓𝔯𝔢𝔶
moths ♠ 1
mice ♠ 2
Squirrel ♠ 3
Rabbit ♠ 4
pheasant ♠ 5
╘═════════╛
╒══════════════╕
ℌ𝔢𝔯𝔟𝔰
Water Hemlock ♠ x1 [x]
Raspberry Leaves ♠ x1 [x]
Sorrel ♠ x1 [x]
Tansy ♠ x1 [x]
Broom ♠ x1 [x]
Lamb's Ear ♠ x2 [x x]
Parsley [x x]
Hawkweed [x]
Ragwort [x]
Goatweed [x]
╘══════════════╛
╒═════════╕
𝔓𝔯𝔢𝔡𝔞𝔱𝔬𝔯𝔰
Hawks
Falcons
Eagles
Coyote
Badger
╘═════════╛

Last edited by 0Zero0 on Sat Mar 16, 2024 2:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
xxxx
Image Image Image Image

〘 Shoto ✜ ♀ ✜ ImageImage
╒══════════════════════╕
x
Text will go here
╘══════════════════════╛
Gifs Offical art Yu Yu Hakusho
0Zero0

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Knickknacks » Tue May 09, 2023 2:16 pm

Knollclan
last explore post: xxx | last response received: xxx

Haze recoiled as the scent of death touched her nose, the fur along her spine spiking in alarm. A mass of dark feathers lay before her, tattered and almost unrecognizable as something that had once been living. She turned toward Dragonbloom, eyes wide.

"Wh- what is this?" she breathed shallowly, trying not to inhale any more than she had to. "Did you know this was here?"

Her companion gave a slow shake of her head, appearing unbothered by the corpse they had happened upon.

"The butterflies showed me," she said simply. "Some would think this an omen, would they not?" She blinked once, slowly, waiting for Haze to answer. Haze wanted nothing more than to run and catch up to Dawngaze and Sagespot- a wild glance around showed her that they were almost out of eyesight. She didn't think Dragonbloom would do anything to harm her, of course, but being alone with her and this... corpse was the last thing she wanted right now.

"You're the healer," she gasped. "Why are you asking me? Isn't reading the omens your job?"

"Signs do not wait to reveal themselves based on what job one calls themself by," Dragonbloom reached out a paw, picking a single feather up and twirling it between her claws. "The butterflies might just as easily have led you, or anyone else."

"But that- does it mean anything at all, then, or is it all just coincidence?" Haze stammered. Perhaps this was some weird clan philosophy she was not yet acquainted with- or maybe Dragonbloom was just being cryptic again.

"I didn't say that." The tortoiseshell tabby smirked, flashing a faint show of teeth. "The signs may appear to any cat, but that does not mean that every cat is able to see. Some view everything as happenstance, and cannot hear the whispers that the stars give to us. The trick to it is knowing how to listen." She inhaled deeply, breathing in the scent Haze was breathing shallowly to avoid.

"I know you think me odd- a bit frightening, too, perhaps. You would not be the first one. But I hear much- and therefore, I see much. That is why I followed the butterflies. I wonder if you, too, could be a good listener. You did follow me, after all. Through curiosity or fear or whatever else, you are here seeing this, too. Do you hear anything, I wonder? Does it speak to you?"

Haze lashed her tail, once, and risked a glance down at the corpse once more. The only thing she could hear was her own breathing, her own heartbeat in her ears- and the only thing she could see was danger.

"I- I don't hear anything," she choked. "This is just- it's not an omen. Not a warning. Just a dead bird in the woods."

"If you say so," Dragonbloom murmured, eyeing her with something that looked almost like disappointment.

"I'm going to... find Sagespot and Dawngaze," she said, backing away.

Dragonbloom did not answer, but nodded, stepping away from the bird and following Haze, silently. Haze shook out her fur, trying to dislodge the creeping feeling from it, and bounded in the direction Sagespot and Dawngaze had been walking, calling out to them.

The other two healers, some ways ahead, were walking close together, fur brushing. Their heads were bent close to one another, and Haze suddenly felt as though she was intruding upon something. But at the sound of her call, both of them straightened up- Dawngaze looked faintly awkward, but Sagespot met Haze's reappearance with a cheery smile.

"Hey! Where'd you two get off to?" She called, beckoning them with her tail. Haze opened her mouth to speak, and then hesitated. What should she say? How should she explain her conversation with Dragonbloom? Should she tell them about the bird?

Another voice cut her off before she could reach a conclusion.

"We saw some butterflies, and followed them," Dragonbloom said smoothly. "Nothing much." The lie pricked at Haze's pelt, but she found herself nodding along. She would tell the others about this later, she resolved. Once Dragonbloom was no longer following in her steps.

"Yeah," she said, opting instead to change the subject. "Nothing much. Now- what sort of herbs were you looking for again?"

[ 713 words ]

-- cats on patrol
Dawngaze | he/him | HP 100% | HUP 0% | Sick: N
Sagespot | she/her | HP 100% | HUP 0% | Sick: N
Dragonbloom | she/her | HP 100% | HUP 0% | Sick: N
Haze | she/her | HP 100% | HUP 0% | Sick: N
-- level 1
experience: 52/200
-- items in inventory used
n/a
-- active quests:
n/a
-- opted in to death?
no
-- inventory
--1 coltsfoot
--1 minnow (3fp)
--2 small fish (2fp)
--1 vulture (5fp)
Knickknacks

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

[0290.] viv's explore replies

Postby Vivika » Fri May 12, 2023 11:43 am

GALACTIC SKIES !!
    xcanadianhowl archive last post

A hero's welcome awaited him ━ a daydream imprinted behind his eyelids. A shower of gold dust, rose petals, the swish of velvet and the blast of brass horns all under a chandelier of champagne and stars.

But sometimes… fantasies stayed fantasies.

Instead of cheers, there were jeers. A raucous of jeers, oozing from taunting tongues. And the villains ━ the rogues ━ stood before him, exchanging crooked grins. Though he hated himself for it, his steps faltered ━ the wind snatched from beneath him.

"Aw, look fellas. The clan cats came to play." Smooth with a deep vibrato, a voice crooned from the shadows. The tips of the rogue's paws toed the invisible line that marked the border, although he remained outside it. Barely. "Thought this was the clan of dragons and beasts ━ doesn’t seem like it, eh?"

Firestrike bristled, a growl rupturing from the back of his throat. "There are others coming. I suggest you━"

"Leave?" The shadows unfolded revealing a slender form of sickly gold clad in an emerald cloak embellished with sequins and gaudy rhinestones. "And what is our crime exactly? Playing pawsies with the border? We haven't even touched a thing ━ see for yourself, kid." (+3FP crow, +3FP crow, +1 holly berries)

"Firestrike!"

Dad. And they stood tall, an imposing form against a backdrop of alpines and evergreens, wings outstretched like a blade through the breeze. Their chin lifted, each and every step measured and cool ━ every part the hero he so longed to be.

As the rest flanked the dragon feline, the rogue of green and gold flashed a strained, toothy smile. "Perhaps we'll see each other another time, kid. Until then." (rogues have left!)
    xx

────────────────────────────────────────────

✦ hunger (+10% hunger for each patroller)
        xx↳ piketail (10% hunger), dragonfruit (10% hunger), hollyheart
        xx.x(10% hunger), bullheart (10% hunger), firestrike (10% hunger)

✦ xp earnings (death opt in; n)
        xx↳ +60XP for writing, +10XP for patrol sent, +6XP for
        xx.x prey, +1XP for herbs, +5XP for border skirmish
        │││
        │││
        ✦ patrol's prey & herb finds
        xx↳ +3fp crow, +3fp crow
        xx.x+1 holly berries

✦ levels
        xx↳ +82XP → level 5 (513/650XP)

xxxx✦ notes; hello! it’s great seeing you + your kiddos around ─ i adore seeing your development and storyline! <333 i missed this
      xxxxfor the longest time, so that’s on me 😭 but make sure to link to firestrike’s off-oekaki approval post for future explore post(s)!

────────────────────────────────────────────
Vivika

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Explore - Galactic Skies 015

Postby canadianhowl » Sat May 13, 2023 11:52 am

──────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────

[ 1342 words ]

He was ready to fight and defend his patrol but once more… it was ruined by his father. The dragon cat stretched his wings out making themselves look larger. Firestrike could only presume that’s what scared off the rogues. He sighed and winced as he expected another lashing from his father but all that arrived was some fur licks and purrs of a concerned father. Firestrike didn’t even realize how fast he leaned into the affection and let his father check on him and make sure he hadn’t gotten hurt even if they were supervising him. “Don’t do that again boy… you could have gotten killed.” Dragonfruit mumbled softly and nuzzled the ruddy tom. Though their expression of worry turned into a small smile. “I must say, you were pretty brave to do that kid but seriously, I’d rather have a cautious son than a dead son.”

“I know… I’m sorry dad I’ll try next time not to do that!” The young tom mumbled with an eye roll which only got a chuckle from his father. “I’ll take that as a good enough answer. Come along then. We’re almost there at the halfway point.”

The other cats soon joined in making sure Firestrike was okay before they began to get a move on. They were so close. Hmm… guess the half way point was actually not in the chilly parts yet. Must have underestimated the territory a bit. The halfway mark also stated the furthest border point and from there on out, they’d be outside the territory. The cats hadn’t really thought about how huge the land was until now. Then again they were a huge clan of over 60 cats and growing. They’d naturally need a huge territory to hunt. The cats kept walking with more vigor. The terrain was rocky and it was still cool but not the coldness that was ahead and during that hill earlier. The scents began to grow stronger… familiar scents of cats. The second group has been here and it was fairly recent. Amazing that they haven’t fallen too far behind the others even with all their distractions. Guess the second group also had their share of issues. By predictions… they should be a few days ahead.

Though the reunion would be soon. A few more steps and they’d meet at the halfway mark. Dragonfruit let out a yowl to announce they were here as they entered the border area where… six cats were resting. They had a few mice eaten and some mossballs and moss beds. By the looks of it, it’s only been a day. The group of six smiled and raced over to greet the others. “Haha bout time yall managed to get here. Now I was certain we’d be here for ages waitin!” Sharksnarl laughed as he approached the cats and gave a friendly headbutt at Hollyheart. Vixencloud laughed at the comment and shook her head. “Yeah I was getting worried when night fell. Glad you guys didn’t take too long.”

Piketail was a little nervous about this but he relaxed upon seeing her… Quicksilver. The prettiest she cat in the clan. He smiled and went to approach her. “Well I am glad to see you again! Wow your fur looks so nice and elegant! Have you tried a new fur grooming technique?” He asked nervously and only received a scowl from the bicolored she cat. Quicksilver only shook her head and she walked off to go talk to Dragonfruit about any information they might have seen. Piketail only sighed before he easily went back to hang out with his buddy Firestrike who was boasting to Dewlily and Eaglesnap about how he defeated a huge bird and defeated a bunch of rogues. Totally not true but whatever makes him happy. Bullheart was laughing about it clearly holding back the truth.

Hollyheart noticed as the cats were mingling, she looked over seeing… Ah! Durianblaze! Was he originally apart of the second group? Where did he come from? No worries. She stood up and padded over to the little tom. A freshly made warrior hmm? Must have been sent out last second. “Durian! Ahah a great pleasure to see you out here! I guess Ramstar sent you out here with the second group.” She spoke up almost startling the tom. “Me? Uh yeah haha… uh Ramstar did actually with some uh persuasion from my father. He guided me to the second group and headed back home so I’ve just been kinda… tagging along I suppose.” Durianblaze explained with a sigh. “It’s been kinda boring in the second group. I don’t know I just haven’t bonded with anyone.”

Hollyheart thought for a second before she smiled and nuzzled the young cat. “Hey, my groups been thinking of swapping some cats around to get a few fresh new faces. Maybe yours might do the same and we’d be happy to let ya hang out with us? How does that sound?”

His face lit up upon hearing that. “Really? Id love to! Yeah I’d really like to! Let’s go suggest it to Vixencloud then!” Durianblaze scampered off right on over to the groups leader and with a loud happy meow, she accepted. “I think that sounds like a good idea. I’d love some fresh new faces. Alright cats! I think a nice swap is good for all of us! I know Durianblaze wants to move to the second group, do one of you guys want to move to us?”

Bullheart nodded his head and walked over. “Like I said, I love you guys but I’m ready for some fresh new faces. I’ll catch y’all when we get there!”

“Wonderful! Maybe another swap will be good! Anyone else?” Vixencloud announced and the cats seemed hesitant before Quicksilver spoke up. “I can join the others. I bet it’s more exciting than life threatening being with you guys.” She grunted. The other cats of the second group seemed hesitant before Dragonfruit cleared his throat and spoke up. “I can swap with Quicksilver. Seems like you guys need a proper leader.” That earned an eye roll from Shakrsnarl who laughed. “Come on we ain’t dead yet but alright alright! Party is over guys.”

“Dragon… stay safe okay?” Hollyheart mumbled as she nuzzled her mate. The pink cat purred softly and nuzzled her back. “I will be. You’ve seen me before, I don’t do down so easily.” And they turned to Firestrike who seemed upset about this but tried not to show it. Dragonfruit smiled and moved over to nuzzle the tom. “You too stay safe. I know you like to go head on into situations but promise me you’ll be safe okay son?”

“… okay dad.” Firestrike smiled softly as he leaned up to nuzzle his father who showered him in little licks. “Haha okay okay okay cut it out! Go get ‘em dad!” He purred and watched his father join the other group. It seemed like a good switch so, it was time to part ways again.

“But… can we maybe stay for one more night?” Piketail tasked softly.

One more night.

The cats gathered together and slept like they were a mini clan. Some huddled close and some stayed on their own but they were all pretty satisfied.

———

In the morning they were up and on their paws. Hollyheart took charge of being the leader now that Dragonfruit had parted with the others. They returned to their original path and began to scent the air. “Alright gang I think we should start off with a quick scouting of our surroundings now that we aren’t in the territory anymore. “Quicksilver and Firestrike I’d like to send you two out one way and I’ll take another way with Piketail and Durianblaze.”

The cats seperated just for the time being. Firestrike was happy to lead for once even if it was just one other cat. “Alright! Soooo smell and scout! Anything you notice?” He asked. The she cat only shrugged and scented the air. “No, I don’t think so… maybe.”

★ - NOTES - ★
Id like to add 20 experience from here please!

★ level 5
experience: 513/650
★ items in inventory used
n/a
★ active quests:
quest 1
★ opted in to death?
yes/no
★ custom predators / prey
link here
★ prey
mice | 1 FP | x4
squirrel | 1 FP | x0
rat | 1 FP | x0
lizard | 1 FP | x3
hare | 2 FP | x2
finch | 2 FP | x2
minnow | 2 FP | x2
crow | 3 FP | x5
bass| 4 FP | x2
deer | 5 FP | x4
ram | 5 FP | x0
★ herbs
Bindweed | x1
Borrage | x1
Bright Eye | x1
Burdock Root | x1
Catchweed | x2
Chamomile | x1
Chervil | x1
Chickweed | x2
Daisyleaf | x2
Dock | x2
Elder Leaves | x2
Feverfew | x1
Foxglove Seeds | x1
Goldenrod | x2
Holly Berries | x1
Honey | x2
Lavender | x2
Poppy Seeds | x3
Sweet-Sedge | x1
Tormentil | x1
Wild Garlic | x1
Willow Leaves | x1
Yarrow | x1
★ - PATROL - ★

he/him
hp | 100
hup | 10
sick | N

he/they
hp | 100
hup | 0
sick | N

she/her
hp | 100
hup | 10
sick | N

he/him
hp | 100
hup | 0
sick | N

he/they
hp | 100
hup | 10
sick | N
Name

xx/xx
hp | --
hup | --
sick | --
              ╔═══════════════╗

{ he/they - adult }
              Hi! My name is Zander!
              I've been drawing for years
              I mostly draw cats!
              Be nice to crabs!
              { stars - TH }

╚═══════════════╝
canadianhowl

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

[0291.] viv's explore replies

Postby Vivika » Mon May 15, 2023 12:13 pm

LOST SURVIVORS !!
    xxxterracotta tone archive last post

A swamp of skeletons lurched for him.

He couldn’t breathe. Ghostly tendrils wove in the air, thick and heavy like a haze of smoke, stinging his eyes. Around his chest, thick cords of serpentine vines snaked, threatening to pull him under. To drag him to a watery grave of salt, silt and shadows.

He needed out. Needed to breathe━

His head slipped beneath the waters. In the ripple of salt, silt and shadows, a face morphed, a muddle of monochrome translucence turning opaque. Unfamiliar shapes evolved in a twist of light until a face met his, eyes forever empty, but… familiar.
    Watery Light. His jaws parted, tongue clumsy as he tried to form words. An apology. A prayer. A wish that his spirit may find peace.

But the only thing that emerged was a stream of bubbles, floating, floating, floating to the surface. Breaching it with a soft pop as he sank, paws sluggish and tongue frozen. Falling below into the bottom of a swamp of spirits and skeletons.

» • ✦ • «

The winds chilled him, a frostbitten knife cutting to the bone.

A rustle scraped the earth beneath him. With a soft gasp, he startled. The kiss of daylight warmed his back and the light, crinkling laughter of fallen leaves and dried florals lingered in his ears, the fragrance honeyed and sweet. And for now, it was enough to coax him to his paws, soothe the staccato of his heart. (+1 burdock root, +1 catchweed, +1 foxglove seeds)

But the images of skeletons and spirits in that swamp seemed imprinted in his mind’s eye ━ an overexposed polaroid of jarring, distorted colors. For when he turned, even the barest glimmer of ivory bone leftover from another creature’s meal pressed against his chest.

Reminding him of a haunted swamp. (+1fp scraps, +1fp scraps, +1fp scraps, +1fp scraps, +1 star's blessing)
    xx

──────────────────────────────────────────

✦ hunger (+0% hunger for each patroller)
        xx↳ one free post left!
        xx.xsoft howl (0% hunger)

✦ health stats
        xx↳ n/a

✦ xp earnings (death opt in; n)
        xx↳ +30XP for writing, +10XP for patrol sent
        xx.x+4XP for prey, +3XP for herbs, +1XP for item

xx↳ +1fp scraps, +1fp scraps, +1fp scraps, +1fp scraps
        xx.x+1 burdock root, +1 catchweed, +1 foxglove seeds

✦ item finds
        xx↳ +1 star's blessing (guarantees 3+ kits in nursery)

✦ levels
        xx↳ +48XP → level 0 (91/100XP)

xxxx✦ notes; n/a, but thank you for adding your word count in! <3

Vivika

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

[0292.] viv's explore replies

Postby Vivika » Tue May 16, 2023 5:04 am

TAILLESS COMET !!
    xxx0zero0 clan archive last post

Under a sea of stars, a tiny duo danced to a nightingale’s ballad. Dainty, fluttering wings kissed the tangles of constellations in the nebula, their matching downstrokes almost like the delicate balance between stars and orbiting planets.

Night’s claws parted the soft earth, scraping aside bitter roots and spring greens, carving a shelter in the depths. The faint fragrance of petrichor lingered, a balm to the prickle of unease knotted in her stomach; and as the grounds opened up beneath her, the unease seemed to soothe, unravelling like a ribbon of northern lights.

With a light leap, she curled up into her newly unearthed refuge, lush with herbs and the squeak of a critter awoken from its slumber. (+1 blackberry leaves, +1 comfrey root, +1 goldenrod, +1 lamb’s ear, +2fp mouse)

In the ripple of shadows, the twin moths still danced ━ a lover’s dance, beautiful yet ephemeral.

But wasn't all life like this? Even hers.

Somewhere distantly, in another space, but at the same time, perhaps the coyote also witnessed this: a canvas of stars, the watercolor strokes of navies and indigo, but not the duo of moths. For the musky stench of the beast grew faint, a river running too thin and too far. As the night unfolded, the winds hurried, hushed and gentle, with their promise.

A promise that danger was no longer at the frontiers. (predator has left territory!)
    xx

✦ hunger (+10% hunger for each patroller; patrol fed!)
        xx↳ night (10% hunger)
        xx↳ catname (00% hunger), catname (00% hunger)

✦ xp earnings (death opt in; y)
        xx↳ +100XP for writing, +20XP for patrol sent
        xx.x+4XP for prey, +6XP for herbs, +10XP from here

xx↳ +2fp mouse, +1 blackberry leaves, +1 comfrey root,
        xx.x +1 goldenrod, +1 lamb’s ear

✦ levels
        xx↳ +140XP → level 3 (516/400XP) → level 4 (116/500XP)

congrats! you've reached level four & earned an additional +2fp (your choice), +2 herbs
            (your choice), +1 uncommon edit and +1 stellar remnants (eye/paw/nose color changer)!
      xxxx✦ notes; hello! i love your coding ─ the vibes are absolutely lovely <3 just make sure to sneak your patrol's pronouns
      xxxxinto any future explore post(s)! we have a checklist available on the explore thread here if it helps at all when coding c:

Last edited by Vivika on Tue Jun 13, 2023 3:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Vivika

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby unohdettu.lupaus » Wed May 17, 2023 2:15 am

shattered eclipse
Last Explore Post | Last Response Received

The green leaves on the trees and bushes moved as a slight breeze of wind passed around by the two nearly golden colored cats sitting on a tree stump, both of them were smiling happily and chatting about many things, the trees surrounding them were mostly oak and spruce but there were a few small maple trees around the area too

“soo.. when is this friend of yours supposed to arrive? We have been sitting here for a while now.” Fawnpounce spoke with a smile as she gazed up to the small bits of sky that could be seen from in between the trees and their leaves.

“He should be here soon, he usually does his job before coming to meet me as then me and he can spend more time having fun without him having to leave to do his job.“ Miel smiled at the thought of his sister meeting his boyfriend, they had chosen the perfect spot for this meetup in his opinion, it isn't too shadowy yet the sunlight doesn't get too hot because of the trees shadows.

*__________at the same time with sun lion__________*

He had woken up a little too late and now he had to hurry to finish his hunting job for today, but with the sunlight making the temperature very hot he had to stop every once in a while to rest in a shadow because of his thick fur, he had already caught two squirrels but as the group is pretty big he had decided to hunt one prey more.

but unfortunately he hadn't had the luck of catching anything other than moss into his claws..
He took a deep breath “ i can only hope that i'll have time to hunt more in the evening and that the prey will be more active after the temperature will have gotten cooler” he spoke to himself as he started walking back towards the camp with the two squirrels he had caught

as he walked and gazed up onto the sky he noticed that the sun had already risen to the quarter of the sky < oh no.. I have to hurry, I'm going to be late!> he thought as the started running, trying to stay in the shadows where the air was cooler.
as he raced towards the camp he could only hope he wasn't going to be too late with his meeting with Miel

*__________Time skip about 15 minutes forwards__________*

The siblings had started gathering flowers from the area near the tree stump,
the flowers included roses,dandelions and asters, and to go with the flowers they gathered they did gather a few blueberry stems, red and blackcurrants with small branches

they gathered these things as they were planning on making flower crowns with flowers and berries for their friends, they put all the gathered things under the tree stump so that they could get them after Miels friend had left

as they climbed back onto the tree stump to wait for Miels friend a breeze of wind once again rustled the leaves of the trees and bushes but this time it brought to them a cats scent

Miels ears perked up has he recognized Sun lions scent, soon enough sun lion appeared from behind the trees running towards them

“Sun lion!” Miel meowed as they jumped down from the tree stump to hug his boyfriend
“Miel! “ Sun lion said as he hugged them back

after the toms let go of each other and turned to look at Fawnpounce

“Oh right! sun lion meet my sister Fawnpounce, FawnPounce meet my boyfriend Sun lion “

“Hiya! it's nice to finally meet you! Miel has talked a lot about you!” Fawnpounce said as she smiled and jumped down from the tree stump too

“its nice to meet you too! “ sun lion spoke as he nodded a little to show respect to fawnpounce

as the three cats gathered around to talk to each other to get to know each other better or well.. for fawnpounce and sun lion to get to know each other better..

as the cats chatted the time flew by and soon the sun was half way up on the sky

[ 700words ]

-- cats on patrol

Fawnpounce | she/her | HP 100% | HUP 0% | Sick: N

Miel |they/he/it | HP 100% | HUP 0% | Sick: N

Sun lion | he/him| HP 100% | HUP 0% | Sick: N

-- custom predators / prey
no

-- level 5
experience: 293/650

-- active quests:
quest #1 (linked)
-- opted in to death?
yes/no
-- inventory
scraps | 1 FP | x6
Bugs| 1 FP | x3
Mouse | 2 FP | x7
Small fish | 2 FP | x2
Squirrel | 3 FP | x5
Rabbit | 3 FP | x4
Hare | 3 FP | x1
Eagle | 5 FP | x2
Owl| 4 FP | x1
Bird| 4 FP | x1

Ragwort | x1
Mallow leaves | x2
Chickweed| x1
Blackberry leaves| x1
Honey| x2
Chamomile| x1
Catchweed| x2
Daisy leaf| x1
Wild garlic| x2
Holly berries | x1
Borage leaves| x1
Lungwort | x2
Dandelion | x2
Cobwebs | x1
Alder bark | x1
Sweet sedge | x2
elder leaves| x2
watermint| x1
Rush | x1
Burnet | x1
Catmint| x1
Coltsfoot| x1

- Coyote / Unohdettu -
- He/They -
- Discord: thistlecoyote -
- Toyhouse -
- Oekaki artshop
- Instagram -

A certain darkness
is needed
to see the stars
·:*¨༺ ★ ༻¨*:·.

ImageImage

unohdettu.lupaus

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby ArithMedic » Wed May 17, 2023 7:07 am

---
Everstar looked behind her at the three sibling apprentices and the two other mentors. She let out a sigh when she realized Scorchedfur was whispering to Copperpaw instead of paying attention to their patrol. She stopped, letting the oblivious Scorchedfur run into her with a squeak of surprise. She then turned around to meet the gazes of the pair.

"I know you'd much rather be back at the camp building things, but, as long as I'm leader, I expect everyone to have experience with the territory and know how to fight." Everstar lectured them. She knew it wasn't entirely Scorchedfur's fault. Under the previous leader, only warriors and warrior apprentices patrolled or hunted, or even were expected to have basic combat knowledge. It was a great deal of what made deposing the previous leader so easy, since only a third of the clan could fight and many of them were on Everstar's side. Nonetheless, she refused to fall into the same patterns as the previous leader. Even Medicine Cats would be expected to patrol at least once every couple of moons.

She shook her head slightly to pull herself out of her thoughts and saw that Scorchedfur seemed to have accepted the criticism, even though she wasn't happy with it. Everstar then directed her gaze towards the apprentices. "Today is your first patrol. I know your mentors have taught you some basic defensive and offensive moves, but we do not expect to need those today. If you notice any threats, run get the nearest warrior." She paused, noting Silverpaw's uncertainty. "Even if it turns out to be nothing, we'd rather be safe than sorry."

Everstar jumped onto a fallen log that was next to her and addressed the entire group. "We are going to walk the entire border. Apprentices, you will be able to find it by scent. Warriors, you already know where it is. We will be splitting up to check on both sides of it, but do not leave our territory and do not go too far from the border on our side either. Does everyone understand?" The other five nodded. "Good. Now go." She leapt down from the log and walked a few fox lengths in from the border in the westerly direction, towards the border with the Junkplace.

Scorchedfur decided to follow Everstar while Mousefur went towards the east side that bordered with the Horseplace, sticking close to the scentline. The three apprentices decided that, as siblings, they should stay fairly close together and also went to the east, going a little further in from the scent line.

[432 words ]

-- cats on patrol
Everstar | She/her | HP 100% | HUP 0% | Sick: N
Goldenpaw | She/her | HP 100% | HUP 0% | Sick: N
Mousefur | She/her | HP 100% | HUP 0% | Sick: N
Silverpaw | He/Him | HP 100% | HUP 0% | Sick: N
Scorchedfur | She/her | HP 100% | HUP 0% | Sick: N
Copperpaw | He/him | HP 100% | HUP 0% | Sick: N

-- custom predators / prey
N/A
-- level 0
experience: 62
N/A
-- active quests:
N/A (linked)
-- opted in to death?
yes
-- inventory
Bugs | 1 FP | x2
prey | 2 FP | x0
prey | 2 FP | x0
prey | 3 FP | x0
prey | 3 FP | x0
prey | 4 FP | x0

Cobweb | x1
herb | x0
herb | x0

Side Note: I'd like to claim exp from April's quests.
Last edited by ArithMedic on Wed May 17, 2023 2:33 pm, edited 2 times in total.

xxx__________________________________
xxxI go by Arith for short!
xxxChristian, Autistic, ADHD, College Student
xxxArtist, Writer, Seamstress, Roleplayer
xxx__________________________________
ArithMedic

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

(★★ 006 - explore response)

Postby ethium » Wed May 17, 2023 12:23 pm

────────────────────────
      ─── ★★ 𝐎𝐂𝐄𝐀𝐍 𝐂𝐋𝐀𝐍
      ivyy. // user's last post
      ────────────────────────

The patrol circled the dog as it bounded out of the brush, jaws pulled back in a snarl. It snapped at Rapidstream, the first in its line of sight, but missed by a hair’s breadth. The she-cat spit as her unsheathed claws found the dog’s pelt. The dog let out a yelp, stumbling backward into the claws of Swiftlake, who raked them across it’s exposed snout. It rumbled, launching itself at the front of the circle in an attempt to break the defense, only to be clawed again by the new warrior.

With a whine, the dog tucked it’s tail and turned, heading back the only way it could: the way it had come.

[the dog has fled! +10 xp predator battle]

Swiftlake let out a relieved sigh. “Is everyone alright?” She turned to assess the group, but beyond the surge of adrenaline and fur standing on end, everyone seemed alright. She nodded to herself, satisfied and watched as Rapidstream gently brushed past her, disappearing into the brush. “Where are you going?” Concern pierced her tone, as Swiftlake moved to follow the other cat, but Rapidstream had already turned around, carrying a small mouse in her jaws. (+2 FP mouse)

“I knew something had been drawing the dog’s attention, besides us of course.” Oh, relief replaced her concern and the she-cat froze as Rapidstream gently settled herself down beside her. Swiftlake felt her heart flutter, soft glances exchanged between the two. They turned to address Fennel and Furzetuft, alongside their new companion. The pair were also settled, although they seemed far from ruffled about the whole dog situation. “Are you all alright?” Rapidstream asked.

“Oh we’re quite alright, we’ve had out fair share of adventures.” The two exchanged a knowing look with one another, stars twinkling in their eyes. How mysterious. “Thank you for helping me find Furzetuft, and for the herb.” Fennel grinned, and then rose, Furzetuft following suit.

“It was no problem at all!” Rapidstream responded, a soft smile gracing their muzzle. The patrol watches as Fennel and Furzetuft disappear into the brush together. Somehow, they know they’ll see them again soon.

────────────────────────
      ── ★★ 𝐗𝐏 𝐄𝐀𝐑𝐍𝐈𝐍𝐆𝐒
      ────────────────────────
      death opted: in / out

+ 40 XP for words written
      +20 XP for patrol sent
      +10 XP for predator battle
      + 08 XP for prey earnings
      +10% hup for swiftlake and rapidstream
      ────────────────────────
      ── ★★ 𝐅𝐈𝐍𝐀𝐋 𝐓𝐎𝐓𝐀𝐋𝐒
      ────────────────────────