Forum rules
Reminder: Copying another person's art without permission to reproduce their work is a form of art-theft!
Click here to see the full Art Rules!

Re: Stars V.2 • Nursery

Postby Swishy & Broken » Sun Feb 18, 2024 4:15 pm

KittyandCat wrote:I want some kittens!
Artist: swishy & broken

Username + ID: KittyandCat (945930)
Last accepted form: X

Cat 1: Sunkissed
Permission: N/A
Last bred: never

Cat 2: Two-Toed Jack
Last bred: never

Appearance or genetics based?: artist’s choice
Would you like apprentice references for your litter?: up to artist!
Items using: x1 BOF
Allow for random NR edits?: yes
Roll for chance at random myth edit?: yes
If this litter has more than one user involved, will you be splitting the litter?: no

if I get chosen I’d like to request there only be 1 kitten!! in lore they are divorced but had one kit named Toespots before things went sour

Thani wrote:I want some kittens!
Artist: Swishy & Broken
Username + ID: Thani 509675
Last accepted form: Here

Cat 1: Tansy
Last bred: Here

Cat 2: Cauliflower
Permission:N/A
Last bred:Here

Appearance or genetics based?: genetics
Would you like apprentice references for your litter?: Yes please <3
Items using: My BOF

If this litter has more than one user involved, will you be splitting the litter?: N/A

Only 1 kitten please ; U; !!!

allynabean wrote:
    I want some kittens!

Username + ID: allynabean #393408
    Last accepted form: Dec 31st

Cat 1: Citrusmist
    Permission: Mine!
    Last bred: Never bred

Cat 2: Fogtrail
    Permission: mine!
    Last bred: never bred

Appearance or genetics based?: genetics!
    Would you like apprentice references for your litter?: up to the artist!!
    Items using: none :3

Allow for random NR edits?: yes!
    Roll for chance at random myth edit?: yes!
    If this litter has more than one user involved, will you be splitting the litter?: n/a

JUST ONE KIT PLS!! you can read abt their lore here (divorce,,, hehe)

CupidCola wrote:I want some kittens!

Username + ID: CupidCola 670964
Last accepted form: Boop

Cat 1: Night
Permission: Self

Cat 2: Moon
Permission: Self

Would you like apprentice references for your litter? No
Items using: N/a

Allow for random NR edits?: Yes
Roll for chance at random myth edit?: Yes
If this litter has more than one user involved, will you be splitting the litter?: N/a

These cats are mates in lore

aftonbuilt wrote:I want some kittens!

Username + ID: aftonbuilt 186503
Last accepted form: here

Cat 1: Dianthe
Permission: mine
Last bred: not bred

Cat 2: Omen's Cry
Permission: NPC
Last bred: n/a

Would you like apprentice references for your litter?: no
Items using: BOF, star's gift

Allow for random NR edits?: yeah
Roll for chance at random myth edit?: yeah
If this litter has more than one user involved, will you be splitting the litter?: n/a

Jk I can't help myself I'm taking these 5 !
    Thanks gamers, rolls coming soon in our official Discord server !
Image Image Image

°°°°°
xxxxx Images Pixabay button Chipakers coding 0Zero0

Want some art?
Currently: drawing cats

❀ ✿ ❀
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
hi!
you can call me swishy, i use she/her
pronouns. i work full time at a senior
living facility and live a quiet, content
life with my fiancée and two cats. i
check cs every day, so don't feel shy
about giving me a poke <3 !!

Swishy & Broken
General Helper

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Archaeopteryx. » Tue Feb 20, 2024 7:47 am

Opening up another round of nursery slots!

Please make sure to link back to your cat's oekaki page or off-oekaki approval post! Incorrectly submitted forms will not be accepted. I am also not accepting any forms or batches that add on additional items save for BOFs or hourglasses, and I will also not be doing apprentice forms. Pairings can be either in canon or out of canon.

Additionally, I am requiring that you write at least 1,000 words about at least one of the hypothetical kits from your pairing—I will be more likely to accept and spend more time on forms with more effort, so go crazy! Art is permitted if you so choose. (If doing a split breeding, you may collab with your partner, but your form must include 2,000 words instead.)

Forms will be chosen tomorrow at site rollover! (20th -> 21st)

──────────────────────
it/its
─────────
Obsessive worldbuilder,
enjoyer of speculative fiction
and stories about apocalypses.

─────────
ImageImageImage
──────────────────────
Archaeopteryx.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby ArithMedic » Tue Feb 20, 2024 8:38 am

I want some kittens!
Artist: Arch

Username + ID: ArithMedic (1064661)
Last accepted form: X

Cat 1: Gentle Wind
Permission: Mine

Cat 2: Oak Wish

Appearance or genetics based?: Genetics preferred :3
Would you like apprentice references for your litter?: Up to you!
Items using: BOF

Allow for random NR edits?: Yes <3
Roll for chance at random myth edits?: Extra yes <3
If this litter has more than one user involved, will you be splitting the litter?: N/A

Life's not always easy as the child of two fallen nobles. The burden of a surname without the benefits of wealth or power. Fortunately for me, my parents loved me plenty enough to make up for it.

We didn't always have the money to buy nice things, but we could always afford to put food on the table and clothes on our backs. We lived in a nice apartment in a good area and didn't have to worry about crime or filth on any regular basis. And even though the kids I went to school with weren't the friendliest, I still had a few friends who looked past my nobility and got to know me, the ordinary child of a librarian and a herbalist.

All in all, I was pretty lucky. Life may not have been easy, but it sure wasn't all that hard.

From my dad's job at the royal library, I was able to read high level, expensive books. I excelled at theory and history lessons, especially since my dad loves history and taught me all sorts of things that happened in the past. My mom says he would give me history lectures even as a baby and I would stay wide awake the whole time. I don't do as well on the practical side of things. I didn't inherit my mom's skill with herbs and I was never much athletic. I could barely swing a sword, much less wield it with any sort of skill. I didn't have any talent for magic either. In fact, my mana core is deficient. The priests at the temple said I was born weak, with a disease that damaged my core. I can only shift forms rarely because it exhausts my mana so badly.

None of my faults affected my parents' love for me. They cherished me despite my lack of physical or magical ability. They loved me despite my disease. One might say they loved me in spite of it, showering me with enough affection to make up for all that I lacked. Working hard when I got sick and medical bills came due.

Yeah, I was pretty lucky.

Maybe I was so lucky that the world decided it need to be balanced out.

I had just reached my adult year after a successful and mostly happy childhood. There had been a skirmish at the border with the Veruse, the fox-shifter country. The skirmish had been ended without any losses by one person, who fought the enemy into the corner with such ease, it was as if he was supernatural. The capital, where I lived, was holding a grand parade to celebrate the victory at his hands. Curious as I was, I couldn't help but watch the parade pass by from our second-floor apartment. Perhaps that was my downfall.

As the parade progressed through the city, it was obvious who the hero was. He was at the fore-front of the procession, behind only the flag bearers. He sat atop a black stallion, his helmet tucked under his arm so that his face could be seen by the crowd. He was blinding to look at, not only because his armor reflected the sun with such purity it was as if he'd never stepped into battle, but also because his face was gloriously handsome. My heart skipped a beat. Perhaps two. I held my breath as he passed, somehow afraid that he would look my direction if I moved. I'm not quite sure why that was something to be afraid of, it was not as if he knew me or was a threat, but the prospect of our eyes meeting became terrifying and yet I simultaneously wanted him to look right at me, to see my through the glass window I was sitting behind. The most fanciful part of me imagined that he might stop the parade and run to me after just one glance, like in novel. It was surely ridiculous, and he passed by without so much as the turn of his head in my direction.

Despite having only seen his face once, never having spoken to the man, I was smitten beyond belief. I ran downstairs to where my mother was preparing to open the shop after the parade cleared up and I begged her to get me an invitation to the upcoming debutante ball. She was quite perplexed because I had previously opposed having anything to do with the noble culture, but she must have seen my determination because she agreed. Perhaps, it would have been better if she had not. Maybe everything could have been avoided.

It felt like a fairy-tale come true, finding the perfect debutante dress and accessories. Riding in a carriage my parents had pulled the money together to rent. Even if it wasn't as glamorous as the other attendees, I was buzzing with excitement. Everyone in the capital knew that the hero would be attending the ball. The king was eager to get the hero matched, to increase the country's morale because of increasing monster attacks and skirmishes with our neighbors. Naively, I dreamed of being his match.

I entered the ball with the other debutantes, ignoring the glares of suspicion when my name was announced. Whether it was because they recognized my fallen family or did not recognize my name at all, I did not care. I surveyed the room for the reason for my attendance and found him surrounded by other nobles with similar motives to mine.

I patted out non-existent wrinkles in my dress and made my way over. In a sense, my more frugal attire made me stand out amongst the noble debutantes. Perhaps that was the reason the hero noticed my approach. Perhaps my status as a fallen noble made me more attractive, because he was a commoner before becoming the hero. He later confided in me that he was more terrified in that ballroom than he'd ever been on the battlefield.

My lucky life appeared to be continuing, for it was practically a whirlwind romance. My parents were concerned for me as we courted, but I did not care about the jealousy of others, only the man in my arms. He did not even care that I had a diseased mana core, whispering to me affectionately that he was strong enough for the both of us. We were set to be married.

He was poisoned. It was the day of our wedding. I was dressed in traditional white and full of nerves and excitement. I was still getting ready in the dressing room when I heard the news. Someone who was jealous of me had decided that if they couldn't have him, no one could. One of the deadliest, undetectable poisons had been slipped into his dinner the night before and he'd died overnight. It tore my world apart. I couldn't even be a widow, because we had not been able to take our vows.

What should have been the happiest day of my life was instead the worst. My luck had run out.

[1177 words]

xxx__________________________________
xxxI go by Arith for short!
xxxChristian, Autistic, ADHD, College Student
xxxArtist, Writer, Seamstress, Roleplayer
xxx__________________________________

ArithMedic

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Power Girlies

Postby canadianhowl » Tue Feb 20, 2024 9:31 am

I want some kittens!
Artist: archy

Username + ID: canadianhowl + 523964
Last accepted form: link

Cat 1: Lotuswave
Permission: self owned
Last bred: link

Cat 2: Lakeblossom
Permission: self owned

Appearance or genetics based?: artist choice
Would you like apprentice references for your litter?: no thanky
Items using: BoF (staff activity)

[ 1200 words ]
He was the one his mother valued. He saw how his mother still raised her eldest but he… he knew he was more loved and cared for. Those apprentices were just a trick. They were born from a lie and now their father was greatly wounded. He saw how his mother only slightly smiled at his older siblings but when she entered the nursery and saw him, a grand smile was on her face. He had two mothers actually. Two of the most gorgeous she cats in the entire universe but maybe he was a bit biased. Little Asphodelkit yawned watching his older siblings play around in camp. What were their names again? Right right, Alpinepaw, Anemonepaw, Pixiepaw, and Umberpaw.

That’s the only time you’ll hear their names.

Asphodelkit huffed before he stood up onto his paws before returning back to his nest where his mommy Lakeblossom laid. She was licking his other sibling clean in which they whined in protest. “Hey mommy. How much longer before I can be an apprentice? I wanna be an apprentice at the same time as my older half siblings so I can train with them and beat them up!” He exclaimed which got a laugh from the torbie she cat. “Soon love. Just another moon alright. Then you and your sibling can be little terrors and show the other apprentices how it’s done. My little fighter you’re growing up so fast! Remember the plan?”

“Yes mommy! One day I’ll be deputy and then the leader!” Asphodelkit exclaimed as he hopped around. “That’s right.” Lakeblossom purred. The two kittens and mother turned around to see a cat that had just entered the den. Lotuswave was here and she eagerly greeted her kittens. “Hello Asphodelkit. My lovely handsome baby are you excited to be an apprentice soon?” She asked. “Yes mama! I’m gonna be the best!” The kitten exclaimed with a giggle.

“Yes you sure will be…”

————

That was moons ago. Asphodelmist was gazing right at his eldest half sibling. Umberstorm was the only one in his path now to achieving what he’s been told from the start. He’d make this clan great and powerful and more than anything Ramstar could have. It was perfect. So many were backing him up to fill the void of the leader position but the only cat who had just as much popularity was Umberstorm. The tom hissed and arched his back. They were alone. They could fight. He could easily win, take Umberstorm out, and hide the evidence but he wanted this to be fair and square. “We both have the same goal. We both will achieve an ancient goal in our family’s history… but only one of us can obtain the glory. I know what I’d use it for. This clan can be so much stronger than it is now. Ramstar made this clan weak.” Asphodelmist hissed.

“Don’t you dare talk about my father like that.” Umberstorm snapped.

“Back away. I can easily make you my deputy y'know that right? Our family would have a dynasty! Me on the high ground with you beside me. I am more suited for this. We both know it. We BOTH know it. Mother would be proud of us both but more towards me.”

“You speak so highly…” Umberstorm mumbled.

“I don’t mean to brag but, I know my worth. I know my skills, I know where I accelerate. I don’t mean any harm in it. I just genuinely think I am the best! You know that right. You might be my older sister but even little brothers can outshine. Each new generation must outshine their parents and siblings yeah? It’s common knowledge but I know you understand. You’re smarter than I usually see you for and you wouldn’t be a fool to say no to this offer.” Asphodelmist snickered as he circled around his eldest half sister. She narrowed her eyes at him and lashed out. Oh… oh she wasn’t playing nice huh? He knew how to counter that. The two went out in a full out tussle; scratching and biting and doing anything to display their power. In the end, Asphodelmist was right. He really was skilled. He was mighty. When pinning down his sister, he gave her mercy. His first act was mercy on his kin. Sure they were raised differently. Asphodelmist was given more attention and love due to him being the offspring of cats actually in love compared to one just for power gain but, she was still his sister. The tom sighed and slowly got off of her to her surprise.

“Don’t tell them alright but… I’ve been worried. The clan is huge and… can either of us do this?” He asked. Umberstorm was taken back but she thought. She shrugged. “I don’t know. I guess I’m worried about that as well. We’re so populous that I’m sure cats will not be alright with either of us. Some are crazy enough to attack us as they did with Ramstar but, I’m not against your sibling leader and deputy idea. You have the strength. You defeated me so… I’ll kneel.” She lowered her head and the tom smiled. “I accept. I think we’ll do okay.”

Time came to announce to the clan. When Asphodelmist climbed onto the tree cats were curious and rushed over. “Clan, I’m proud to say I think we’ve all made a decision. I know these last many moons have been hard. No leader in such a huge group of cats is tricky but I think you’ll like where this announcement is heading. Umberstorm and I have been talking. I will be your new leader. I have the skills I have the personality and the charm and resilience BUT do not fret. I haven’t forgotten about my dear sister. While I may be the best leader this clan has ever seen. I’m letting her be our new deputy. Our skills combined will lead up to a brighter day. A day filled with more satisfied bellies and softer borders where we know our kittens will thrive and survive. One that will make everyone excited and safe!” Cats cheered. He smiled at his sister as the two cats held their heads up high.

Everything seemed to be great. Cats were excited and relieved they’d finally be getting a new face to represent them. Lotuswave seemed proud and confident she was the one to fulfill the goal of Draco.

But to Asphodelmist… no no no he knew what he wanted. His promise was just to ease the decision. He knew what he had to do. Ramstar’s legacy shouldn’t go on. That failure of a leader shouldn’t get to have the chance to see his kin one day stand in his position. He knew who he really wanted at the deputy. He just had to figure out a way to enact what he wanted without suspicion. Yes… yes he knew now. What’s a better way to get rid of a cat than asking the mastermind who got rid of the leader. It shouldn’t be too hard. Longanfrost was family and if he can promise the position to a future kin… everything was gold. This was perfect.
              ╔═══════════════╗

{ he/they - adult }
              Hi! My name is Zander!
              I've been drawing for years
              I mostly draw cats!
              Be nice to crabs!
              { stars - TH }

╚═══════════════╝
canadianhowl

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby néktar » Tue Feb 20, 2024 10:13 am

I want some kittens!
    Artist: Archaeopteryx.

Username + ID: néktar + 217991

Other username + ID: canadianhowl + 523964
    Other user's last accepted form: here

Cat 1: venus
    Permission: <3

Cat 2: magpie
    Permission: <3
    Last bred: <33

Appearance or genetics based?: genetics!
    Would you like apprentice references for your litter?: n/a
    Items using: néktar’s bof + canadianhowl’s bof [staff activity]

Roll for chance at random myth edit?: yes! <3
    If this litter has more than one user involved, will you be splitting the litter?: yes!

aaa okay! venus lore is so fun for me!!
    she’s already had moonpaw which is the newly aligned holy-one after whiteflame broke the lineage by murdering his mate and kit who were both to be the next healers of the clan. this second kit born of venus would be the savior of marbleclan. during their time dawncatcher, with the assistance of mosspaw, would murder lochstar and forcibly take leadership of the clan. by this time the kit would be an apprentice, a few cats including grimstorm, moonpaw, the kit plus one or two others would escape the island before dawncatcher named herself dawnstar by an unwilling cherrysprout.

the group would travel off of the island, having to swim to the mainland as the sea bridge is covered by the surrounding body of water. the kit would have trouble swimming ultimately having to be assisted by grimstorm, while beached they encountered their first of many obstacles before they carried on into italy where they have to avoid dogs, humans, and other dangers. narrowly escaping each one, not without scars and wisdom being gained by each one of the party. moonpaw’s ability of dreamwalking would be found out over the time by her seeing the dreams of cherrysprout, even speaking with her. moon would discover things about the kit after peeking into their dreams out of curiosity. they would form a bond soon after talking about distorted memories, in a moment of panic moon would end up pushing the kit out of the way and they would share memories with each other, the pair would come to name it dreamfasting. this ability only seams to occur between the two of them as far as when they tried with grimstorm it didn’t do anything and they look silly.

after them bonding would be a message from their ancestors to both of them,
    “follow the longest tail in the night sky,
    dark and looming thorns may be the only way through.

the dawn will fade with the dusk.”

extremely vague to the two youngest though one of their party members knows of those thorns and the other member happens to have studied the stars under their mentor. they all set off for a journey that took half a moon to even come close to reaching their destination. they followed the shoreline, catching things that they’ve never seen before and having great and horrible experiences. pour rain, lack of herbs, pain and grief for some of them slowing their paw-steps. they kept each other safe through it all, aiding where they could and smiling all the while. the kit keeping their head up the highest, happy to have their sister by their side. moonpaw in the process holds a eery secret from the rest of the group, her heart heavy as a boulder in her chest. keeping it from the soon to be leader for quite a while remaining to have a stoic nature.

the kit spilling the beans after over hearing moon talking in her sleep during the night they were about to journey into the mountain. a split in the group leads to some confrontation but compromises come from their newly formed bonds. especially with moonpaw and grimstorm coming into their higher ranked positions, the tom knows he is going to need moon’s guidance and blessing for his leadership. he doesn’t hold it against the her for long with the help of the kit and the other members they continue on with new found respect. their journey was only half over by the time they come to the sharp edged black stone mountains that line the shore. smoothed and formed by the bombarding waves moon after moon. the group treks through the jagged mountains, being stalked all the while by something big. grim encountering the creature as dusk sets, though they mean no harm. a large bleach white ocelot with large seaglass jewelry, she spoke is a different language but switched to something they could understand after they looked at her in fear. explaining that she meant no harm and was actually a keeper of their clans history.

over the night she would share her knowledge with the group, speaking to grim and moon separately later in the evening about each of their destinies, their roles in the future of their clan and their pasts. moonpaw and the kit would come to know who their mother was and how much pain she’s gone through for the clan. saying that they are her greatest joys in her long life. the wild cat at the break of dawn crafted a jeweled totem with a spell, binding the twisted dawnstar to her nest in an eternal slumber. each of them, including the ocelot, had to sacrifice something in turn though binding each of themselves to the totem.

the kit asking the ocelot what their mother looked like and sounded like, the old wildcat reveals in the process that venus is still living. over a thousand moons old and still doesn’t look a day over 40, the cat seemed to know a lot about marbleclan and the vast history of what they know now. the kit asked all they could think of to the cat before they had to depart and embark on the long journey back home. the large cat keeping them company down the mountain and back to the outer edge of the city, wishing them luck and providing strengthening herbs for their speedy return home.

once home after another half moon the clan rejoiced as their leader was now able to be rightfully appointed. lochstar, cherrysprout, and other could be properly mourned. moonpaw and the kit would go on to be named by grimstar, moonpaw would become moonblink and take on a new apprentice to be trained as a holy, unfortunately without the, guidance of cherrysprout. the kit wished not to become a holy one as their sister thought. feeling another calling but they would first take the role of a warrior in order to gain skills before joining the wanderers. they would learn from the rest of the clan, sharing their heroic tail over the next few moons with their friends and clan mates. their warrior path would allow be riddled with twists and turns before they find true happiness in becoming a wanderer. [1051]
néktar

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby 0Zero0 » Tue Feb 20, 2024 11:57 am

0Zero0 wrote:
0Zero0 wrote:
0Zero0 wrote:I want some kittens!

Username + ID: 0Zero0 780482
Last accepted form: Nov 2023

Cat 1: DreamCloud
Permission: mine
Last bred: Oct 2023

Cat 2: Madoushi
Last bred: Dec 2023

Appearance or genetics based?: Artists choice
Would you like apprentice references for your litter?: Artists Choice
Items using: -

Allow for random NR edits?: Yes
Roll for chance at random myth edit?: Yes
If this litter has more than one user involved, will you be splitting the litter?: -

Madoushi sat there quietly. His breath slow, staring at the ice cold. The snow had been bad that year and it was ever growing with the current storm. Starclan knows why he ventured out this far from the safety of the castle, but as the current acting king he couldn't be allowed in such danger. None the less the beautiful peach furred cat carried on. The white from his markings and the white from the snow was blending together at this point. The well known red markings a crossed his silver fur were barely visible, the only stark color was the heterochromia blue and violet eyes.

One step at a time, it seemed that the feline was on a brave mission. Not giving up till he had found what he was looking for. Eventually, he spotted it, something in the white. Something... yowling? NO it couldn't be. A kitten had found itself lost among the storm. Instinctively Madoushi looked around for the parents, or other signs of life. Nothing of course. All that could be found was white. Thick white. It wasn't much of a chance, but the brave king knelt down into the snow, and pulled the little tyke out as gently as he could. So small. So fragile. Still breathing.

He pulled it close. No way was he going to allow the little one to freeze. Using his thick fur, he berried the little one inside his coat to the best of his abilities, close to his chest, holding tight with his maw. He had to find his way home. Which way though. He didn't exactly know where he was, where he was going or any of the matter. Let alone if this is why he was out in the danger. No buildings could be seen beyond the wind and ice. It was madness really, but none the less determination got a strong hold on him. Trudging forward, the pseudo merle headed onwards. He would eventually reach shelter.

The storm, however, had other plans. It was deciding to take a turn for the worse. Making it difficult for the two to press onwards, the wind picked up ferociously as if a dragon was beating its wings upon them. Madoushi struggled to pick up his paws out of the thick icy snow below him. In defense of the wind, he began to curl up around the kitten, making sure they were safe from the weather. It was so intense. So harsh it was hard to breath.

Everything became so heavy, but the King dared not to give up on the kitten. They would find shelter, and make it through this. Mustering up every bit of strength he pushed through the snow with all his might. He had fought animals three times his size, climbed mountains in storms, and braved chasms deeper then the ocean. This would not be his, or the kittens end. Yet. Things were getting light headed, and blurry. No matter how hard he tried to cling on it seemed like something was pulling him back.

----

"Gather all the bravest of warriors. Send them to find my husband!" The molly was gorgeous. Her fur a silvery fawn. Her eyes amber and daring, and her soul tough and strong. "Or I, will go myself!" Many of the servants began to panic at these words. The feline's body stiff and upright as she promised to venture into the depths. Many of the knights, and even others came to her feet and bowed to her.

The one in the front seemed to be a leader of sorts, decorated in valiant armor and cloth bright as the sun. "I shall go my lady, and fetch him at once." He seemed to not hesitate with these words, despite the knowledge that what he says is more dangerous then implied. "Please, my lady, I would go whether you heed my words or not, but we all need you here, so please stay at the castle."

She seemed to vaguely nod at this gesture. and many seemed to follow the knight off as the leader turned to the gates. The cat was covered in scars. No doubt he was the most experienced feline there. "Good luck my loyal servants. Stay safe." She seemed somber with this more so then anything. Like she wished to not send them out into the cold.

It wasn't long before they actually found Madoushi, Huddled up on top of the heavy snow. It had appeared he did everything to keep the young one from touching it even if he couldn't move anymore. To keep the child warm for as long as possible, and it worked. The loyal knight saw the bright colors poking among the cold and immediately got the team to pull the two out. It took a lot of effort, and the team was exhausted by the end of it, but thanks to the royal tools and experience of the guards they were able to bring both back to the castle.

Madoushi was put safely into his royal bedding, but the small kit refused to let go of him. It seemed to be greatly attached to what everyone imagined them to believe there mother. Of course Madoushi was far from a mother, but saving the kits life was bound to make them attached to him. Many of them just accepted this and gave the to of them a warm fire from the fire place, blankets, and anything else that could assist in keeping the two of them warm. They were alive and safe, and that's all that mattered.

"Who's this?" Princess Yuu stared at the child with aw more then anything, her husband still knocked out in the bed. None of the guards knew of course. No one could have guessed where the child had come from. But it was safe now, and it was likely that the acting king wouldn't let anything bad happen to them no matter what the future may hold. "No matter. Set up a room for the new family member."

Everyone was shocked at this, but did as they were told. No one dared question the princess' decisions after all, she was currently in charge while the acting king slept.

[1038 words]
xxxx
Image Image Image Image

〘 Shoto ✜ ♀ ✜ ImageImage
╒══════════════════════╕
x
Text will go here
╘══════════════════════╛
Gifs Offical art Yu Yu Hakusho
0Zero0

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Myrtlewisp x Omen's Cry w/BoF

Postby Hazelfang » Tue Feb 20, 2024 1:51 pm

I want some kittens!

Username + ID: Hazelfang + 941669
Last accepted form: 2/15

Cat 1: Myrtlewisp

Cat 2: Omen's Cry (Event NPC #4)
Last bred: n/a- npc

Appearance or genetics based?: genetics please!
Would you like apprentice references for your litter?: No thank you!
Items using: 1 BoF

Allow for random NR edits?: Yes :)
Roll for chance at random myth edit?: Definitely yes!

Prompt: Ermine's Omen
Word count for actual story is 3658 words. There is a TLDR at the very end though if it is too much to read <3
Hazelfang

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Mercuré » Tue Feb 20, 2024 3:03 pm

Mercuré wrote:I want some kittens!

Username + ID: Mercuré 775908

Cat 1: Kubisa Lesa Diabulu

Cat 2: Nkamvu

Appearance or genetics based?: appearance
Would you like apprentice references for your litter?:up to artist
Items using: BOF

Roll for chance at random myth edit?: yess

[1099]

Lubokoyongo was the daughter of a Kubisa Lesa. There was nothing else to say.

She had gone into the jungle at night sometimes, when the moonlight barely illuminated the deep earthy hues of her surroundings. She had found a clearing, one made from storm-felled trees and she had screamed. It became ritualistic almost (oh the irony) to thud angrily through the jungle until she had found the clearing before yowling again. She felt as though the leaves would cringe away from her yells and she could feel something swell inside of her. Good. Let the Ntoto, the earthly realm, fear her.

the tall grass seemed to hum to her, fresh and alive. Her fur was soaked and as she shook her body the water dropped and slipped down the thick shoots. She felt as if she was staining the grass. she had muddied it, dirtied it. Even in her delirious pride the tendrils of shame began to creep and curl. The thought like a thundercloud soon passed. She became aware of how she was just a wet and cold cat standing in a clearing.

The trees and leaves might have feared her but the other cats didn’t. Her father, Nkamvu, tried to comfort her. It felt hollow though. She knew he would sneak out as well. He was different though. She would leave to release her anger, he still missed her parent, his partner. He would leave to release sorrow and beg the spirits to guide them back.

The other cats did not seem to care. They were horrified a Kubisa Lesa had lived among them, even if they were loved. And a parent Lubokoyongo thought saddened, angered, my parent

One of the cats, Nuani, was particularly prideful. She hissed at Nkamvu frequently. “A Nyitu-Warrior!” She exclaimed, “Your job is to aid the priests and you let in a Kubisa Lesa under your nose! Worse than that you partnered with that god defier!” Lubokoyongo couldn’t stand the way her father would shrink back under the ridicule. Deep down she knew he was hurting in his own way but why didn’t he fight! she gnashed her teeth at the thought.

It hurt to know her parent had been a Kubisa Lesa, a god defier, but she couldn’t help the protectiveness that rose within her anytime anyone made a remark. So she continued to go to the clearing to scream, the only solution when she seemed close to violence.

the swirling of a great river, flooding the banks due to the rain. The roaring of it all, the trees creaking and the water pouring down. Amongst it all the sound of a cat’s panicked yelps. Lubokoyongo stood back from the banks in the bushes and watched. Even after the yelps disappeared and all that remained was the crashing of water she stood, drenched. Why didn’t the feeling leave? Why was there a creeping sensation up the back of ner neck? She needed to go to the clearing.

Nuani wouldn’t stop. One day when all the warriors were practicing fighting she came up behind Lubokoyongo and critiqued her form constantly. As Lubokoyongo walked away from the fight, too frustrated to continue, Nuani jeered, “Just like her parent, so quick to anger! Maybe the gods frown upon you as well.”

Lubokoyongo turned on her paws and bared her teeth back. No one made a move. No one defended her. In sheer anger she screamed right there and then. She screamed for her parent, wandering somewhere out there alone, maybe thinking no one cared about them, forever branded as one who defied a god, shamed forever. She screamed for her father, a shell of what he used to be always quiet and saddened. He had been known for his cocky but charming attitude and that was all gone, nothing remaining, no fight left in him. She screamed for herself. Forever branded as a child of a Kubisa Lesa. Missing her parent. Missing what her father was. She screamed until she noticed that she had been approached by the Ngàngà, a medicine cat. She had been screaming for a while. They led her to the medicine hut to lie down. She knew she must have looked insane.

Something had to be done. That’s what she decided while laying in the medicine hut. She couldn’t continue like this. Nuani was the worst of it. So arrogant! No empathy for Lubokoyongo or her father. No one considered what it was like. To wake up one day to your world crashing down. To find out not only had your parent defied gods, but was gone, maybe to never be seen again. Something had to be done.

Nuani, so arrogant. It was easy to bring her to the water on the grounds of a “fight to determine who was the best warrior.” She didn’t notice how she was slowly being backed up against a cliff. Lubokoyongo had chosen the spot because you couldn’t realize it until it was too close. The leaves shielded the view of the sharp drop into the river until it was too late. The rain had started to pour. It made Lubokoyongo’s moves slippery, clumsy, yet she continued. Brute determination drove her forward and forward more until Nuani jumped back. She had a glint in her eye thinking she was so clever. That she was so fast and able to avoid Lubokoyongo’s swipe. Her expression quickly turned to dread as she realized the ground beneath her paws was unstable, and with a yelp she tumbled down into the water. She sank before bobbing up and cried out, “Boko! Help me!” But Boko just stared. Stared as she thrashed in the water. A formidable warrior but a weak swimmer, especially in water swelled by the storm. Lubokoyongo stood there until long after Nuani was gone. Shivering, she ran. She ran to her clearing and shook her body to be rid of the water, water that could do so much damage. It was no use as it continued to pour. She felt herself beginning to take shallower and shallower breaths until she stood there crying.I just want my parent back. I just want them back. Please come back Please. Please. Please come back.She goes back to the Buala and doesn’t say a word. Search parties are sent out for Nuani but return with nothing. No one suspects anything but Nkamvu takes one look at her and knows.You have to understand. You weren’t fighting back! No one was! She deserved it! I swear she deserved it!
Mercuré

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Thani » Tue Feb 20, 2024 4:24 pm

I want some kittens!
Artist:Archaeopteryx.

Username + ID: Thani 509675
Last accepted form: Here

Other username + ID: feverrr 412872
Other user's last accepted form: Here

Cat 1: Viola
Permission: N/A Mine

Cat 2: Estella
Permission: Here

Appearance or genetics based?: Appearance
Would you like apprentice references for your litter?: No
Items using: 1x BOF for Feverrr 1x BOF for Thani (Fev's using theirs for both of us.)

Allow for random NR edits?: Yes!!!
Roll for chance at random myth edit?: Yes!
If this litter has more than one user involved, will you be splitting the litter?: Yes c:

Read about Araceli here
Thani

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby feverrr » Tue Feb 20, 2024 9:22 pm

I want some kittens!

Username + ID: feverrr + 412872
Last accepted form: link

Cat 1: duskbringer
Permission: owned by me

Cat 2: pyrrhus (proof of ownership since approval post isn't updated)
Permission: owned by me

Appearance or genetics based?: up to you!
Would you like apprentice references for your litter?: no
Items using: boon of fertility for me

Roll for chance at random myth edit?: yes!

click on the image below to visit my entry! ↓

note: i wrote about a kit who has a split tail but i understand that that is unlikely, and am in no way expecting it to be guaranteed.
if a split tail is not rolled, i will be adapting the lore slightly to reflect that! i hope you enjoyed the story <3
feverrr

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me