Forum rules
Reminder: Copying another person's art without permission to reproduce their work is a form of art-theft!
Click here to see the full Art Rules!

Heartcatch! - a pkmn ARPG by Centipedes

Based on Click to view
Artist Centipedes [gallery]
Time spent 1 hour, 12 minutes
Drawing sessions 6
172 people like this Log in to vote for this drawing

Versions of this drawing that people have created recently

Heartcatch! - a pkmn ARPG

Postby Centipedes » Mon May 30, 2022 1:32 pm

Artist search - Starters - Archive -Quests - Evolutions - MYOS - Nursery - Bank - - Merchant - Guide - Fanclub - Wondertrade - Heartcatch Dex

Image Hello! Welcome to the world of pokemon! Heartcatch is a laid-back pokemon arpg meant to encourage community and creativity while sharing our love for pkmn! The main focus of this ARPG is to create unique designs with rarer/less loved pokemon so there is a ton of randomization aspects thrown in to make playing more exciting !

---------------------

News
March

Hello heartcatch enjoyers !
We’ve been open for a whopping 8 months, tbh I never thought we would last this long. But we did due to the passionate and creative individuals who put their free time and love into this project, you the players and friends we’ve made along the way. Heartcatch was a project which was rushed to be put together causing it to miss a lot of important details and stray off the path I originally intended for it to be on.

Due to this, the past few months staff has stepped back to evaluate what we want out of heartcatch and what we wanted it to become. We have decided Heartcatch will be moving offsite of chickensmoothie. The community being housed within discord and the masterlist on toyhouse. Imp has typed up everything you need to know about the move and what to expect out of V.2. - https://docs.google.com/document/d/1FS7 ... sp=sharing

We expect this move will leave us on hiatus for 1 month, most likely opening back up mid april.

Our threads will remain open 7 days after this announcement, this is your chance to make trades and submit last minute things. Staff will then proceed to archive all due work getting us 100% up to date for closure. The discord will then be locked to new visitors, I recommend you do not leave the discord after we close as we will be reopening as invite only. Your access to this discord will be considered your invite into V.2 ! You will have opportunities to receive invites outside of this but these will be the first players in V.2 with earlier access. Thank you so much reading and understanding, we expect you may have a lot of questions so staff is online ready to assist in any confusion you may have! Please read the doc before asking to avoid unnecessary questions!

Last edited by Pi. on Sat Aug 26, 2023 2:57 pm, edited 29 times in total.
Reason: Locked per owner's request.
Centipedes

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Heartcatch! - a pkmn ARPG

Postby Centipedes » Mon May 30, 2022 1:38 pm

ImageRULES Image

- Relationships between minors / adults ARE NOT ALLOWED. You will be banned from the ARPG if this is found to be true.
      - you cannot use official pokemon Nintendo art as a base, free 2 use bases are allowed though
      - pkmn must be appropriate for CS. pkmn may be “evil” / “bad” ( ie: thieves guild ), but no images / writing of harm, pain, etc can be produced or else it will result in a warning.
      -users who have current rolls for their starters can enter into adopts and win them while they wait for their starters to be made.
      But if someone who hasn’t gotten rolls / makes a post for a starter yet (if they’re closed) and wins an adopt, that overrides the chance for them to get a starter made by a staff member
      - Under no circumstance can you buy / sell pokemon adopts for any sort of profit. Pokemon is a developed company and it is against CS rules to do so. All forms of “payment” in the ARPG are gained through hms, rng, and prompts.
      - Pokemon can be transferred out as long as you get approval from the artists and contact chimingcloud to do so! The same can be done for transferring in- please note that if you are transferring in a pokemon, you may need specific edits / myos to do so!
      - Pokemon can be gifted at any point as long as the new owner has consent to do so.
      - Customs can only be created if you have a MYO ticket within your bank.
      - No major gore is allowed. Of course pokemon battles are the main focus in pokemon itself, but please keep battle descriptions and images PG
      - Be respectful and kind to all users in the community. If there is something going on or if you know someone is breaking the rules, please contact admins or imperials immediately
      - Have fun !

rules are subject to change at any time !

strikes and bans are on a case by case basis, though many strikes and
bans have a typical "guideline" protocol that is used for most general offenses.
(typically within the discord server)

if you are banned from heartcatch, we will not revoke any pokemon owned
by you. all pokemon will be transferred out of heartcatch and cannot associate
themselves with the arpg anymore although.
If your pokemon are revoked they can surrendered to staff to be redistributed or
voided.

a maximum of 2 warnings will be given to you before strikes will take place.
1 strike = temp mute / temp revoke of participating in the adopts
2nd strike = temp kick from discord server / temp revoke of participating in adopts
3rd strike = temp ban from participating in heartcatch as a whole
4th strike = perma ban

strikes

bans

coding by imperials
Last edited by Centipedes on Thu Nov 03, 2022 10:28 am, edited 23 times in total.
Centipedes

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Centipedes » Mon May 30, 2022 1:40 pm

Rarities
Unlike traditional ARPGs and Closed species, we will not being having a edit list as our goal is not to restrict your creativity ! Instead we've implemented some other catergories!

Common
Basic pokemon including evolved forms
(basic pokemon are allowed slight color changes/patches of different colors)

Uncommon
Pokemon fusions and type swaps

Rare
Shiny/alt shiny pokemon

Legendary
Legendary and mythical pokemon

Complete guide to heartcatch pokemon and how they are categorized and edits.
Last edited by Centipedes on Tue Jul 12, 2022 2:25 pm, edited 7 times in total.
Centipedes

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Centipedes » Mon May 30, 2022 1:57 pm

How to begin....

Information guide

Step 1...

Post a form for your starter pokemon at our registration. A artist will then claim your form and roll your chances, from here they will contact you with your 5 pokemon that have been selected! You can choose one or re-roll but choose wisely as you only have one reroll and cannot choose from your first 5 selected pokemon once you initiate your re-roll.

Step 2...
You may join our quests board to earn items and loveletters which you can then use to buy MYO tickets!

F-A-Q

Q: How do I get a Pokemon in Heartcatch?

A: There are quite a few ways to start off in Heartcatch if you are interested in joining! Firstly, we about monthly open up the starter thread for official staff claims where we roll your starter and add them to a list for staff to claim and make them for you! These normally close within 48 hours of opening so we make quite a few announcements before we open again! Secondly, you can also make your own starter! Just use the starter myo form on the starter thread and we will roll you your 5 pokemon to choose from! Then you proceed to make them like a normal myo! Thirdly, you can win pokemon through events, prompts, giveaways, etc! Just know that if you win or make a pokemon through a myo before you claim one on the starter thread, you will not be able to get a starter from the starter thread through staff or the myo way!

Q: So I got a myo, how do I approve them?

A: All information about how to make and approve a myo can be found on themyo thread! If you have questions about if your design is legal for this arpg or not, please toss it into design-help and staff will get back to you when they can!

Q: I bought my myo and posted the form, how do I get my rolls done?

A: About once a week, one of our staff members will go through the Merchant thread and archive. If you are now in the discord, they will then roll your myo for you and contact over DMs if you want retools.

However if you are in the discord, feel free to post in rolls-chat saying that you bought something from the shop and need rolls done! A staff member will then come and roll them in special-rolls for you and interact with you in rolls-chat at the same time for if you want rerolls done etc! You do not need to wait for your purchase to be archived before asking for the rolls. As long as you posted the form, go ahead and ask!

Q: How do I evolve my Pokemon?

A: All information about evolutions can be found on the evolutions thread! On this thread you can evolve or preevolve your Pokemon, give them alternate forms if their canon Pokemon species allows that, G-MAX or Megaevolve them, etc!

Q: How do I breed my Pokemon?

A: All information about breeding is on the Daycare thread! Breedings are done through an artist batch claiming system where you need to wait for an artist to open a slot and then post your form.

— Q: What is the canon/alt shiny part of the nursery form?

A: This part of the form is for if shiny happens to pass! We allow users to pick If they want their Pokemon to be the in-canon shiny design, alternate shiny design (ie: any design/colors), OR up to artists preference!

— Q: How long is my daycare cool down?

A: Your cooldown lasts 10 days from the time/date your last ticket was accepted, not finished/posted.

Q: What are the rules on shinies?

A: Shinies can be their canon designs OR an alternate shiny (any design/color as long as it still looks like the species you are drawing). We have an alternate Shinies list which is a list of Pokemon we require to just be alt-shiny only due to their designs already being allowed through hue shifts in our arpg.

Q: Do we have a general information / “how to start” guide?

A: Yes! It can be found here

Q: Is there a simple guide to designing?

A: Yes as well! This can also be found in our basic Heartcatch information guide.

Q: What is the 'proof of approval' on forms?

A: Proof of approval is the approval of the trade between yourself and another user! This can be a public screenshot from ad-discussion OR something from your personal DMs. As long as there is an agreement there for the trade / sale to happen, you can use that as your proof of approval.

Please also make sure you are using a reliable image hosting service! We don't want your links to disappear one day so try to use discord, toyhouse, imgur, etc!

Q: What are events?

A: Events are special themed based adopts / game areas that we put together around once every other month! Sometimes we have small, discord only mini-events which is us pushing out a bunch of themed adopts. And otherwise we will have massive, month long events like our Summer Spaceworld Event.

You can earn exclusive items, pokemon/designs, extra LL, and more from participating in these! We give a lot of stuff away for free with minimal effort during these times as well so we really push users to take advantage of that!

Q: What's the best way to get Love Letters fast?

A: Gift art! You can submit gift art for other users into the gift-art-redeeming channel. Once a week we will go through this channel and archive all LL earnings!

Q: I changed my username, now what?

A: There is a form on the archive updates thread for you to use for this!

Last edited by Centipedes on Fri Sep 02, 2022 1:47 pm, edited 8 times in total.
Centipedes

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Centipedes » Mon May 30, 2022 1:57 pm

...]
Last edited by Centipedes on Thu Nov 03, 2022 10:10 am, edited 6 times in total.
Centipedes

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Centipedes » Mon May 30, 2022 2:06 pm

Staff

Owner
Centipedes
Imperials

Artists
Swishy & Broken
nio
div
kiffell
malhare
gay sonic
witchingdreamons
m-adking
velot
coolrat
booplesnoot221
googled
stan.
{smug lemon}

Moderators
Solker

Archivists
Sylvexi
mikey
sonofstargod
Last edited by Centipedes on Fri Feb 03, 2023 5:07 am, edited 17 times in total.
Centipedes

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Centipedes » Mon May 30, 2022 2:07 pm

now available for marking ! starter forms are not open yet!
┌── ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ──┐
Chime ♡ He/him
♡ owner of heartcatch
└── ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ──┘
Centipedes

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Senbonzakura » Mon May 30, 2022 2:08 pm

Marking this <3
Was reading it while you were making it and it seems interesting <3

I solemnly swear that I am up to no good.
Senbonzakura

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby AlternateReality » Mon May 30, 2022 2:09 pm

mark!
AlternateReality