Viscet #2894 by magpiemochi.

Based on Click to view
Artist magpiemochi. [gallery]
Time spent 31 minutes
Drawing sessions 2
8 people like this Log in to vote for this drawing

Viscet #2894

Postby magpiemochi. » Thu Dec 06, 2018 12:15 pm

here's blue! and the theme is snow! ( and some mountains ).

for this cutie, tell me how they feel about snow! There's no word limit for this prompt, though for the extra, only art is allowed. No fullbodies though! I want to see an expressive headshot showing how they feel about snow. I'd also like to see a snow gif!

The extra isn't required, but the main prompt and gif are both required!

end date: December 15th, 11:59 pm EST

Code: Select all
name:

headshot: (not required)

snowy gif: (required)

mutations wrote:none

.・。.・゜✭・.・✫・゜・。.
magpie / she/her / adult
ImageImage Image Image
pfp & sig art by me
magpiemochi.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Viscet #2894

Postby Mint Chip » Thu Dec 06, 2018 12:37 pm

name: Varsha (goes by Vee / Known as the "Tempest")
    how do they feel about snow?
      There was a busyness about the mighty vessel as the crew scurried across the deck. They were setting a course for a new destination, there was treasure to be had up North. In an abandoned fort on the coast of a frozen wasteland. The crew made their preparations for the voyage, all but soft blue viscet who stood leaning on the railings of the ship. Her focus far beyond the horizon, yellow eyes troubled as she was lost in deep thought. This didn't go unnoticed by the ship's Captain, Ursa, who stepped up beside the the snowy viscet.

"What's with the cloudy gaze, Vee?" Ursa questioned, some concern in her tone. While she was known to be a terror of the sea and a ruthless pirate Captain, she still cared for her crew. Often times she didn't show this as most of the time her crew needed a strong and unflinching leader but not all occasions called for that approach either.

It took several minutes for the viscet to come back to reality, "Huh?"

"Something must really be on your mind," Ursa stated with a slight frown. "Varsha, what's on your mind?"

Varsha glanced to Ursa quietly before looking back out over the water. "We're heading North to the No-Man's Pass."

"Aye, we are. Is that a problem?" The captain questioned, curious eyebrow quirked.

"I suppose not," Varsha replied lamely, heaving a quiet sigh.

"That wasn't very convincing," Ursa replied, shaking her head. "I take it that you have some experience in No-Man's Pass?"

Varsha was silent for several minutes, just inhaling the salty sea air. There was a lot about her that much of the crew didn't know. When she had first arrived on the shore where Ursa recruited her, she was nobody. No one knew who she was or where she came from, just a lonely blue viscet at the end of her rope. She met Ursa at the docks when she tried to swipe the captain's coin purse and ended up staring down the end of her sword. It happened all so quickly that all she could do was beg at her feet for a chance to live - to prove herself - that she was starving and desperate. She owed a lot to Ursa for seeing through the desperate mess she was, she was given the chance to better herself and become one of the more fearsome members of Ursa's crew.

"I take your silence as a yes?" The Captain pressed, not willing to let her silence be the whole answer.

"It's a long story but the short of it, Captain, is that I really dislike cold weather and the snow," Varsha replied quietly as she leaned back over the rails, running her hands over her head.

"You... hate the snow?" Ursa's voice cracked with some laughter, "How the hell can you hate snow? You look like you were born in the middle of the arctic circle."

Varsha frowned as she glared at Ursa, "Thus why I dislike it so much." She gave a huff, very unhappy at how amused all of this seemed to make Ursa. "Forget it," She muttered as she pushed off and began heading below deck. Leaving Ursa behind, still snickering at the irony.

Several hours later, in the mess hall, Ursa approached the still distracted viscet. She sat down across from her, placing her elbows on the table as she rested her head against her hands. Her dreadlocks spilling over her shoulders as she hunched them forward with intrigue.

"So, you going to explain to me why?" Ursa questioned, curiosity lacing her voice as she watched Varsha's yellow gaze become unclouded again.

"Must I?" Varsha countered, her annoyance seeping through her voice.

"No, but I would like to know," Ursa persisted, shifting to be a little more comfortable as she awaited a story.

Varsha heaved a heavy sigh as she rested her face against her palm to begin.

"I was born in the start of the winter season. Actually... I hatched on the first snow that season too. My parents and grandparents welcomed me into the world along with my cousin who hatched alongside me. The winter promised to be a cold one but not unbearable, at least that's what had been predicted by the townsfolk.

"But that was not the case. The more time passed, the more snow fall we had. It wasn't just flurries and flakes but it was full on blizzard conditions. My family's home was becoming buried in all the dense snow, we had no where to go so they began digging. Taking turned huddling closely to keep warm and digging out a tunnel to get us out. It took hours to dig out through the walls of snow but even after we made it to the other side, we couldn't see the town at all through the sheets of snow.

"With the world blanketed in heavy amounts of snow, it was easy to get lost. The only thing we could make out was a fort nearing the peak of the mountainside. So we set out sights on that, trekking through with myself, my cousin, parents, and grandparents. None of us prepared for this exhausting excursion but knowing we stood no chance if we waited it out in our home - if we could ever find it again that was. Myself and my cousin were small, still frail and had to be carried through much of the seemingly endless journey. We all huddled together during the night, taking shelter against whatever we could find and trying to desperately to fight off hypothermia. It was a struggle for survival, one that my grandmother lost to, but there was no time to mourn. We had to press on.

"As the fort grew closer, we were growing weaker. Lack of food for a couple days and frostbite beginning to really set in, the chances of our making it to the fort seemed to dwindle with every passing hour. By some luck or miracle we made it to the side of the mountain, those of us that remained. There we were a little more sheltered from the elements but the climb ahead was steep and treacherous. My father kept pushing us on, clinging desperately to the hope of us making it there and finding help and refuge from this storm. We stuck close, making this climb together with my father leading the charge to help break the wind while the rest of us wearily traveled behind.

"There's no great ending to this tale. When we managed to reach the top, we all were unwell and barely clinging to life. The fortress? Partially buried and seemingly abandoned. Still we ventured inside, hoping to find food but if nothing else there would be a dry place to rest. But the inside wasn't as welcoming as we had hoped, no, instead of soldiers or others seeking refuge from the storm, the place was inhabited by bandits. Bandits and their leader who didn't take kindly to strangers. My grandfather and mother hardly had any fight in them yet, but my father tried to fight for all of our right to live.

"In the end, that didn't matter. I was left parent-less with only living relative, my cousin. We were both weak but young enough to be of use to the bandits. Young blood with at least some fight left to survive. For years, I lived in that wrenched place surrounded by the peaks that overlooked that bloody town and the home I once knew. Surrounded by the snow and the reminder of what it took from me."

Varsha looked to Ursa, her gaze bitter and alive with pain from the years of struggle. "Now you know. Are you satisfied?"

The Captain was speechless, her eyes showing sympathy for her loyal crew member and the pain she had endured.
      (1310 words)
    headshot:
    snowy gif:
    Ursa belongs to me.
Last edited by Mint Chip on Tue Dec 18, 2018 5:45 pm, edited 4 times in total.
ImageImage | Image | ImageImage

ImageImage
You can call me, Mint or Minty.
I usually type in green.

╔═════════════════════╗

╚═════════════════════╝

Dark Cocoa is owned by my Husband & Mint Chip is owned by me
Art created by me

My PMs are disabled, if you have a Viscet related question,
please see this FAQ.
Mint Chip

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby bugbites » Thu Dec 06, 2018 12:45 pm

name: taos (named after the resort in new mexico)
      snow:
      Taos, believe it or not, was actually born at the Taos ski resort in New Mexico. Her parents were huge fans of skiing, and she came a little earlier than expected, so they decided to just name her after her birthplace. w.i.p.
      headshot: w.i.p.
      gif:
Last edited by bugbites on Mon Dec 17, 2018 6:00 am, edited 1 time in total.
bugbites

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Rescue2001 » Sat Dec 15, 2018 10:44 am

name: snowfall
He loves snow everything about it. he especially loves eating it. He really doesn't know why he likes it though he just does, between eating it and just watching it while drinking some hot cocoa after just playing in it best thing ever.
headshot: art
snowy gif:
My Art Shop
I am a Breyer and Schleich collector along
with other brands of all sizes - mainly horses
looking for UR bengal (ultimate dreamie)
b-day is Jan 3rd, I'm a Capicorn♑

Rescue2001

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby magpiemochi. » Sat Dec 15, 2018 4:37 pm

I'll be extending this comp to Tuesday the 18th!

.・。.・゜✭・.・✫・゜・。.
magpie / she/her / adult
ImageImage Image Image
pfp & sig art by me
magpiemochi.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby magpiemochi. » Wed Dec 26, 2018 8:18 pm

Mint Chip wrote:
    name: Varsha (goes by Vee / Known as the "Tempest")
      There was a busyness about the mighty vessel as the crew scurried across the deck. They were setting a course for a new destination, there was treasure to be had up North. In an abandoned fort on the coast of a frozen wasteland. The crew made their preparations for the voyage, all but soft blue viscet who stood leaning on the railings of the ship. Her focus far beyond the horizon, yellow eyes troubled as she was lost in deep thought. This didn't go unnoticed by the ship's Captain, Ursa, who stepped up beside the the snowy viscet.

"What's with the cloudy gaze, Vee?" Ursa questioned, some concern in her tone. While she was known to be a terror of the sea and a ruthless pirate Captain, she still cared for her crew. Often times she didn't show this as most of the time her crew needed a strong and unflinching leader but not all occasions called for that approach either.

It took several minutes for the viscet to come back to reality, "Huh?"

"Something must really be on your mind," Ursa stated with a slight frown. "Varsha, what's on your mind?"

Varsha glanced to Ursa quietly before looking back out over the water. "We're heading North to the No-Man's Pass."

"Aye, we are. Is that a problem?" The captain questioned, curious eyebrow quirked.

"I suppose not," Varsha replied lamely, heaving a quiet sigh.

"That wasn't very convincing," Ursa replied, shaking her head. "I take it that you have some experience in No-Man's Pass?"

Varsha was silent for several minutes, just inhaling the salty sea air. There was a lot about her that much of the crew didn't know. When she had first arrived on the shore where Ursa recruited her, she was nobody. No one knew who she was or where she came from, just a lonely blue viscet at the end of her rope. She met Ursa at the docks when she tried to swipe the captain's coin purse and ended up staring down the end of her sword. It happened all so quickly that all she could do was beg at her feet for a chance to live - to prove herself - that she was starving and desperate. She owed a lot to Ursa for seeing through the desperate mess she was, she was given the chance to better herself and become one of the more fearsome members of Ursa's crew.

"I take your silence as a yes?" The Captain pressed, not willing to let her silence be the whole answer.

"It's a long story but the short of it, Captain, is that I really dislike cold weather and the snow," Varsha replied quietly as she leaned back over the rails, running her hands over her head.

"You... hate the snow?" Ursa's voice cracked with some laughter, "How the hell can you hate snow? You look like you were born in the middle of the arctic circle."

Varsha frowned as she glared at Ursa, "Thus why I dislike it so much." She gave a huff, very unhappy at how amused all of this seemed to make Ursa. "Forget it," She muttered as she pushed off and began heading below deck. Leaving Ursa behind, still snickering at the irony.

Several hours later, in the mess hall, Ursa approached the still distracted viscet. She sat down across from her, placing her elbows on the table as she rested her head against her hands. Her dreadlocks spilling over her shoulders as she hunched them forward with intrigue.

"So, you going to explain to me why?" Ursa questioned, curiosity lacing her voice as she watched Varsha's yellow gaze become unclouded again.

"Must I?" Varsha countered, her annoyance seeping through her voice.

"No, but I would like to know," Ursa persisted, shifting to be a little more comfortable as she awaited a story.

Varsha heaved a heavy sigh as she rested her face against her palm to begin.

"I was born in the start of the winter season. Actually... I hatched on the first snow that season too. My parents and grandparents welcomed me into the world along with my cousin who hatched alongside me. The winter promised to be a cold one but not unbearable, at least that's what had been predicted by the townsfolk.

"But that was not the case. The more time passed, the more snow fall we had. It wasn't just flurries and flakes but it was full on blizzard conditions. My family's home was becoming buried in all the dense snow, we had no where to go so they began digging. Taking turned huddling closely to keep warm and digging out a tunnel to get us out. It took hours to dig out through the walls of snow but even after we made it to the other side, we couldn't see the town at all through the sheets of snow.

"With the world blanketed in heavy amounts of snow, it was easy to get lost. The only thing we could make out was a fort nearing the peak of the mountainside. So we set out sights on that, trekking through with myself, my cousin, parents, and grandparents. None of us prepared for this exhausting excursion but knowing we stood no chance if we waited it out in our home - if we could ever find it again that was. Myself and my cousin were small, still frail and had to be carried through much of the seemingly endless journey. We all huddled together during the night, taking shelter against whatever we could find and trying to desperately to fight off hypothermia. It was a struggle for survival, one that my grandmother lost to, but there was no time to mourn. We had to press on.

"As the fort grew closer, we were growing weaker. Lack of food for a couple days and frostbite beginning to really set in, the chances of our making it to the fort seemed to dwindle with every passing hour. By some luck or miracle we made it to the side of the mountain, those of us that remained. There we were a little more sheltered from the elements but the climb ahead was steep and treacherous. My father kept pushing us on, clinging desperately to the hope of us making it there and finding help and refuge from this storm. We stuck close, making this climb together with my father leading the charge to help break the wind while the rest of us wearily traveled behind.

"There's no great ending to this tale. When we managed to reach the top, we all were unwell and barely clinging to life. The fortress? Partially buried and seemingly abandoned. Still we ventured inside, hoping to find food but if nothing else there would be a dry place to rest. But the inside wasn't as welcoming as we had hoped, no, instead of soldiers or others seeking refuge from the storm, the place was inhabited by bandits. Bandits and their leader who didn't take kindly to strangers. My grandfather and mother hardly had any fight in them yet, but my father tried to fight for all of our right to live.

"In the end, that didn't matter. I was left parent-less with only living relative, my cousin. We were both weak but young enough to be of use to the bandits. Young blood with at least some fight left to survive. For years, I lived in that wrenched place surrounded by the peaks that overlooked that bloody town and the home I once knew. Surrounded by the snow and the reminder of what it took from me."

Varsha looked to Ursa, her gaze bitter and alive with pain from the years of struggle. "Now you know. Are you satisfied?"

The Captain was speechless, her eyes showing sympathy for her loyal crew member and the pain she had endured.
      (1310 words)
    headshot:
    snowy gif:
    Ursa belongs to me.

congratulations, Mint Chip! I loved everything about your form. The prompt was answered beautifully and the headshot is adorable (even though I feel bad for her ;;;A;;;) AAAAAAAAA thank you all for entering and being interested in my lil adopts!!

.・。.・゜✭・.・✫・゜・。.
magpie / she/her / adult
ImageImage Image Image
pfp & sig art by me
magpiemochi.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me