Based on Click to view
Artist clouds-move-on [gallery]
Time spent 1 hour, 9 minutes
Drawing sessions 2
52 people like this Log in to vote for this drawing

Versions of this drawing that people have created recently

Kalon #827 // A Heart's Glow (NonOwners Only) winners pg 3

Postby clouds-move-on » Thu Feb 09, 2017 3:46 am

ᴡʜᴀᴛ ᴀʀᴇ ᴋᴀʟᴏɴs? wrote:Kalons-- a species with soft manes and even softer hearts.

Monitored in forests across the globe for years, these animals
have recently been declared naturally tame as well as sapient.
Scientists are asking the general population to consider adopting
Kalons for further study in their capabilities of intelligence.

Their shining tails are used for identification and showing off,
which is helpful when spotting another Kalon from afar. This
association with other Kalons is why they are head-over-heels
for any shiny or colorful item that they come across!

I have wanted to design an extra special kalon for either a quick contest or for non owners for awhile, so here's a mix of the two! This will be relatively quick and it's non owners only. :) The twist is you must have wanted a kalon for a bit now, so you'll have to have two previous tryouts as proof.

edits wrote:Custom Ears (uncommon)
Longer Fur (common)
Central Heterochromia (standard)
Custom Tail Shine (standard)
Custom Tail (common)
Hair Edits (common)

For this contest, let me first say that you only have two hours after the top of page 2 is reached to enter.
Forms will only be accepted until the top of page 5.

Do not post unless your entering, please. :) At least until the top of page 5 is reached.

The contest is simple, design or describe their custom shine, tell me in a paragraph what their glowing heart charm means to them, and link to two entries you have made for kalons that involved art or writing (no naming or gift contests, writing over 10 words).

Code: Select all
[b]Username:[/b]
[b]Name:[/b]
[b]Gender:[/b]
[b]What their necklace means to them:[/b] (Preferably over 10 words, under 200)
[b]Shine Design:[/b] (describe in detail or draw)
[b]Two Completed Entries Previously Made at other kalon contests:[/b] (must have art or writing, writing must be over 10 words, so simple contests do not count)

I shall make a less limited non owner kalon later, so keep a look for that if you have not completed two less simple forms.

Ends two hours after the top of page 2 is reached, so whatever time that post has, two hours from it.
In the occasion that page 2 is not reached it'll end tomorrow.

Oh and you may edit posts, just be sure to get them done on time.

EDIT: Oh and the necklaces' heart is a see through glass casing, like a locket, with gold sparkling sand inside and a metal top attached to a thread for the "chain".

☁Lady Raincloud☁ wrote:
Now closing to to forms on page 3.
Figured I would shorten this.
I forgot I only put two hours as the limit, my mistake. c:
HOWEVER.
Since only a few forms were posted and some are not finished I'll give you until tomorrow morning instead.
Last edited by clouds-move-on on Fri Feb 10, 2017 10:51 am, edited 6 times in total.
A new commandment I give to you, that you love one another; as I have loved you, that you also love one another.
By this all will know that you are My disciples, if you have love for one another.

- John 13:34-35

ImageImageImage
2/24/24
temp open to doing stars myos off oekaki for 100+ c$s... dm me

I am no longer active on CS.
- I am keeping all my characters that I haven't readopted out myself, dont ask about em.
- If you want to transfer designs by me out of chicken smoothie closed species from before 8/2/20, YES, you may! Be free. uwu ❤️
- You may also transfer them into other species/groups/arpgs!
- Do not contact me here unless I contacted you first.
- Feel free to send me trades, but you may be waiting awhile.
clouds-move-on

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Kalon #827 // A Heart's Glow (Non Owners Only)

Postby NURSENURSE » Thu Feb 09, 2017 4:09 am

User: Toshie
Name: Starry
Means: It was given to them before the disruction of her home planet and everyone she loves, She was shipped to earth when it exploded.
Design: A shooting star
Entries: Search kalon in my posts :)
Last edited by NURSENURSE on Thu Feb 09, 2017 5:06 am, edited 3 times in total.
Bunny, They/Them
ImageImage
Im not that active on here anymore, to keep up with my art and stuff visit me on Deviantart, im NURSENURSE
NURSENURSE

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

[ i jumped to high i touched the clouds! ]

Postby fruitvale » Thu Feb 09, 2017 4:15 am

Username:
        ⋆kanel.

Name:
        eno acuna.

What their necklace means to them:
        "eno," a voice called from afar. "eno, come here! you're missing out on the parade."
        upon hearing her father, eno raced over to where her and her father were sitting on the street, escaping from the stands of food that distracted her earlier. he was perched on the curb, grinning back at her with his glasses at the bottom of his muzzle. beside him was her little plush bird, kippy, with her father's locket on.
        e' took her spot next to the avian toy with her father watching the floats that went by, bright and flashy. it was usually something that eno liked, but right now, she was more concerned with her 'friend'. eno cuddled the gray bird up to her face, managing to murmur out, "kippy!"
        thousands of others were crowding the streets, celebrating a holiday only their labyrinth-like town honored. every year, on the day before the summer solstice, there were feasts being held and parties being thrown, along with the infamous parade. over-the-top was what eno's father considered it, but she knew he loved it anyways, so it was always a tradition that the two went to the celebration every year.

"your mother loved this locket, you know," eno's father brought up, breaking the the silence of the night. a few other interesting beings were still lurking about after the parade, but they only sat there on the brick sidewalk, eno snuggling with her little kippy. "she always adored these types jewelery." the small kalon smiled, inputting a quiet "she did?" his eyes faltered but brightened again (yet it might've just been the glowing from the locket) as he continued. "you always shared the same passion for these type of days. always bringing the praise and paying tribute to the more.. important moments in life."
        he dragged the chain-linked necklace over her head which surprisingly didn't snag on her curly hair and it fell onto her fluffy chest with a clink. "you'd take much better care of this than i do now."
        and the celebration continued.

Shine Design:
        silver-gold feather, along with other various colored (ranging from gray-blue to gray-yellow and gray-purple) feathers that she weaves together with string.

Other/Art:
        here's some art i made of them! i know it's not really specific, but it's something to offer!
        favorite songs;
        the best day of my life, don't wanna know, infinitesimal (she loves the whole band tbh), and literally every song by marina and the diamonds.

likes;
        parades- "they remind me of my father. not much of my mom, since i didn't know her that well. of course in general these types of celebrations are amazing, but i think that my parents persuaded me to love them since birth. like a hereditary liking."
        webcomics- "they're not that geeky! i mean, i like monsterkind, never satisfied, colorless, and bittersweet candy bowl, for a few examples. they're all amazing! i feel like they capture the feeling that a book and a cartoon give you at the same time- just better than a paper comic, too! haha, sorry, i got excited again."
        classic books- "for some reason, modern stories don't seem as appealing as older books. of course, newer books are fine, but i like the originals. like lord of the flies, or to kill a mockingbird.
        birds- "ASDFGHKL--" *incoherent rambling*

Two Completed Entries Previously Made at other kalon contests:

⋆kanel. wrote:

username; sunshine-! (fun fact- i actually have full heterochromia!! i'd be stoked to win this since it is so much like me.)
              name; freedom .
              gender; trans female . free didn't feel like she was meant to be born male and loves being the girl that she always dreamed of becoming .
              room/about her; staying the slightly quiet type of being , freedom doesn't really depict her liking of black and white as she does in her room . her walls are rugged wooden planks with wires hanging up multiple astonishing sceneries along the line . they are mainly filtered in black and white , blue , and red . a collection of small red , navy , and cream flowers she found are hanging on the opposite wall of her door , next to the pictures . freedom says it is a good contrast and is nice to add onto once in a while so the flowers won't smell . since she forgets so much , though , she hung up a tall chalkboard on her whitewashed wooden door . occasionally she'd draw on it , but it's mainly used for notes . her bed , usually donned in its monochrome x-tiled sheets , has multiple strung - up christmas lights surrounding it and along the top of the room . wooden pillars stand diagonal from one section of the ceiling to another , where the lights are hung . her spruce - framed window takes up half one wall next to her bed , the next one doing the same , but being shielded by tan curtains that are rarely pulled back . many blankets and pillows are thrown about in freedom's room , but one little section seemed to be made just for her ; a small closet with piles and piles of books for her to read . under the shelf is where she mainly keeps her art supplies , which she really enjoys , and her computer along with the drawing tablet hooked up to it . the carpet is a light slate grey with specks and patterns of white and gold .
              freedom's personality proves difficult to define . she could be joyful , or quiet , or stressed . she scarcely gets provoked and angered , since she is a tolerable type . everyone has flaws as well . in this case , freedom doesn't know how to engage in a normal conversation without stuttering or acting awkward and crumbling all the discussion topics at the third sentence . oh, and she can't cook . if she tries, expect having to invite all of a fire department over for a nice ' chat ' . to back up all this , though , poor free has a few . . . conditions . one of them is bipolar syndrome , a clinical illness that effects her acts over the months . it changes her personality , and that's why it's so hard to keep a steady relationship with her . two , she has minor short - term memory loss . that pretty much explains itself . lastly , insomnia haunts her life from getting any normal schedule of sleep . what is sleep
              the only signs of her clothing would be stacked on one of the shelves that used to carry her old books and novels that free grew out of . freedom's usual attire would either be a sarcastic [ and inappropriate ] shirt or a normal pastel - colored sweater . occasionally she'd be wearing a band tshirt or a gray sweatshirt with the hamilton logo on it .
              roses and flowers also are particularly a liking to freedom . she'd spend days on end just decorating her home with the beautiful colors and ferns . her home she shares with two others as well ; her friends nyx and haku . they all have their different interests , but don't mind the joyful little kalon to weave flowers into their fur once in a while .
              despite being a bipolar introvert , free is a high - spirited artist who won't fret to sacrifice what she has for others ; mainly the ones she loves .

⋆kanel. wrote:

username: sunshine-!
        name: their name is nyx , from the greek mythological godess for darkness and night .
        personality: ` some infinities are bigger than other infinities ` . nyx loves this saying because they try to believe with all their hopes and drea(me)m(e)s that it is true . although they're not much of a self - accomplishing type of ' winner ' , nyx takes a liking to others easily - which can be bad at tim
        es. [ 50 / 50 ]
        infinity [ art ]

Last edited by fruitvale on Fri Feb 10, 2017 4:09 am, edited 9 times in total.
fruitvale

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby ilya » Thu Feb 09, 2017 4:22 am

Username:Julia Ackerman
Name:Fae
What their necklace means to them: Her necklace was given to her back when she was in middle school,by one of her best friend as a proof of friendship.Fae's friend made it specially for her and she has one exactly the same.Unfortunately,her best friend had to study abroad and now they hardly keep in touch.It says that when they both think about each other,the necklace starts to lighten like it is sparkling.
Shine Design:<-- (it's a bird c:)
Two Completed Entries Previously Made at other kalon contests: xx xx
Last edited by ilya on Thu Feb 09, 2017 8:21 am, edited 2 times in total.
mostly on fr
customs
th / ilya 0138

pfp by kai <3

ilya

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby jiㅤ » Thu Feb 09, 2017 4:29 am

Username: isoidemizu
Name: Dove (Rapunzel)
What their necklace means to them:
(200/200)
That necklace is a charm of goodluck, to Dove, its her life. Dove is known around her city for her incredible luck, for example like when she saved a child on the playground. That necklace of hers did once make a miracle when a storm hit her town. The place was flooded. Doves home ,which was placed only a couple of streets to the river, had been hit the worst. Her family awoke to Doves' fathers boat, prepared for them. 3 life jackets are placed, one missing for Dove. The kalon pushed them away and saw their own daughter swim off to the homes! At her last home,known as the abandoned home, the home had been filled with water. There was a dog in that home, floating around and attempted to remain alive while a wave swept the dog ahead, But she was almost flying to the little injured pup. leaping out before the home collapsed, Dove was greeted with a number of cheers. Doves necklace glowed brightly in water. Her younger sister, named Alimara, leaped to her sister, treating her with the name "Rapunzel" for her under water rescue that Rapunzel pulled off in the movies various rescues!!

Shine Design:
Two Completed Entries Previously Made at other kalon contests: (must have art or writing, writing must be over 10 words, so simple contests do not count)
1/2
2/2
quit!!! contact me on discord (ji#6238)
jiㅤ

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby trans » Thu Feb 09, 2017 4:33 am

Username: trans
      Name: adalae
      What their necklace means to them: adalee's necklace is very, very important to her. she never goes anywhere without it, and she wouldnt trade it for anything in the world. originally, it had belonged to an old turtle in a cave system she had come across on one of her adventures, but for helping her find her way out, she had given adalee the necklace she now wears on her neck. adalee knows not what the necklace does (or if it even does anything) nor it's significance or why the turtle had it, but she loves it all the same. it's very precious to her no matter how much it's worth and she's satisfied not knowing.
      Shine Design: link
      Two Completed Entries Previously Made at other kalon contests: 1 and 2
Last edited by trans on Thu Feb 09, 2017 7:58 am, edited 4 times in total.
trans

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Weeping_Angel }Y{ » Thu Feb 09, 2017 5:12 am

Username: Weeping_Angel }Y{
Name: Evageline
What their necklace means to them: Evangeline's necklace was a gift given to her by her teenage love, a sweet kalon that she loved with all of her heart. Sadly, he got into an accident and she never heard from him again. Despite this, she always wears the necklace - his promise - and she has refused to even think about loving another. She fiercely believes that he will come back for her someday and doesn't wat him to think she's moved on or forgotten him, because she never could.
Shine Design: Image
Hex Codes: #e6e6e3, #fef289, #9c85e8
Two Completed Entries Previously Made at other kalon contests: 776, 802
---
woof
birb
---
Art by
Ember the Wolf
characters
dA
---
babusagi
simas
---

The Pumpkin Queen | ∑a∂ µa††er | DolphinGirl4Ever
Weeping_Angel }Y{

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Tohkiki » Thu Feb 09, 2017 5:19 am

Last edited by Tohkiki on Thu Feb 09, 2017 8:57 am, edited 1 time in total.
~_ ~
Tohkiki

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Keilime » Thu Feb 09, 2017 5:28 am

Image Image
xx╔════════════════════╗
xxxImage
xx╚════════════════════╝

xxxxxxxxxxxx▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪

xxxxxxxxxUsername: Atlas
xxxxxxxxxName: Tera Liang
xxxxxxxxxGender: Female

xxxxxxxxxxxx▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪

╔════════════════════════╗
xImage
╚════════════════════════╝
╔═══════════════════════════╗
xImage
╚═══════════════════════════╝xxxxxxxxx

As a young kit, Tera admired the beautiful sunsets
and how the swirls of color radiated all across her home. From
vibrant yellows to rich deep oranges, to the lush blue and violet
hues, Tera's eyes would wonder the sky until after it had long set.
For years she ached to be a part of that velvety sky, dancing
alongside the streaks of bright colored light to make her own
sunset. Her mother noticed her fondness for the sunsets and how
Tera would dash out every night to watch the "earth go to sleep,"
as she called it. One night, her mother pulled her aside and told
her, "Sunsets come every night, dear. They always have. You? You
come once in a lifetime. So how about you take a bit of sunshine
with you?" and gave Tera the locket that has never left her neck
since. Tera cherishes the locket that her mother gave her, and
considers it a good luck charm and a piece of her life that guides
her in the right direction.

xxxxxxTwo other entries: [1] // [2] || Tail design: [X]
Last edited by Keilime on Thu Feb 09, 2017 9:27 am, edited 10 times in total.
Keilime

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby cosmos.; » Thu Feb 09, 2017 5:46 am

Username:
~ S p L i T ~

Name:
Medina

Previous Entries:
Partner Comp
Through PM

It wasn't an extremely heart-breaking or life-changing
event that caused Medina to wear this necklace - just
a sharp eye and unemployment. Her mother had recently
left her job at a sketchy company, and decided to make an
empty glass heart as a gift for her daughter if money
turned out to be scarce. However, Medina soon found
out about a better paying, easier job in the news, and
announced it to her mother. She got the job and brought
back the glowing sand she had been using to finish the
necklace and thank Medina.

She's been keep an eye out for everyone she loves since,
to see if she can help, maybe too much.

𝚂𝙷𝙸𝙽𝙴 𝙴𝙳𝙸𝚃

#BECAD4
#D9CB50

(don't mind where it is ^^)

Last edited by cosmos.; on Fri Feb 10, 2017 6:46 am, edited 7 times in total.
cosmos.;

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me