Based on Click to view
Artist SerenWish [gallery]
Time spent 1 hour, 11 minutes
Drawing sessions 1
4 people like this Log in to vote for this drawing

CWHR: Christmas Carol: The Holly and the Ivy

Postby SerenWish » Tue Dec 27, 2016 1:21 pm

The holly bears the crown...

The Holly and the Ivy is my second-favorite Christmas carol, so I decided to make this mare a sort of companion to the Carol of the Bells horse. In order to take her home, just write a few sentences to a paragraph about how she got the name you give her. Be creative; it can be a simple explanation or a story.

ScarletFang wrote:Username: Scarletfang
Show Name: Of Sweet Flowers and Berries
Barn Name: Holly (so original I know x3)
Breed: "Pattern Sporthorse" (Warmblood/Appaloosa)
Height: 15.3 hands
Colour: Red Dun Pintaloosa
Markings: Blaze, stockings, appaloosa and tobiano markings
Genes: e/e, A/a, D/D, O/o, Lpn/lpn, Ptn2/ptn2
Short piece on how she got her name:

Holly was found in the dead of winter huddled beneath the boughs of a holly tree to try and stave off the bitter cold of the seasonal gales. There was no mare or herd in sight and by the looks of it, hadn't been for some time. The poor filly had to be no more than a few months old and was thin for her age. Kalten, the main stable hand for his barn, had been put in charge of her care once the rescuers delivered the small babe to the farm.
The young boy stayed with her, night after night with blankets and heated throws to try and revive her spirit. A spark would ignite in her eyes every time Kal fed her and he routinely did so every few hours without complaint knowing it was the only thing that kept her going. After the first few nights when her tremors subsided and she grew accustomed to her schedule and the presence of people, Kal had decided to name her. "Holly" He softly whispered to the other hands as they gathered round the stall, "She's just as tough and beautiful as the tree they found her under". She truely lived up to her name as well, the mare growing to become as lovely and resilient as her namesake.

(I'm sorry if it's too long! I have a writing problem ^-^;)

End Date: December 31st.
Last edited by SerenWish on Tue Jan 03, 2017 5:54 am, edited 1 time in total.
SerenWish

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: CWHR: Christmas Carol: The Holly and the Ivy

Postby ScarletFang » Tue Dec 27, 2016 1:32 pm

Username: Scarletfang

Holly was found in the dead of winter huddled beneath the boughs of a holly tree to try and stave off the bitter cold of the seasonal gales. There was no mare or herd in sight and by the looks of it, hadn't been for some time. The poor filly had to be no more than a few months old and was thin for her age. Kalten, the main stable hand for his barn, had been put in charge of her care once the rescuers delivered the small babe to the farm.
The young boy stayed with her, night after night with blankets and heated throws to try and revive her spirit. A spark would ignite in her eyes every time Kal fed her and he routinely did so every few hours without complaint knowing it was the only thing that kept her going. After the first few nights when her tremors subsided and she grew accustomed to her schedule and the presence of people, Kal had decided to name her. "Holly" He softly whispered to the other hands as they gathered round the stall, "She's just as tough and beautiful as the tree they found her under". She truely lived up to her name as well, the mare growing to become as lovely and resilient as her namesake.

Last edited by ScarletFang on Tue Dec 27, 2016 3:48 pm, edited 3 times in total.
ScarletFang

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Rescue2001 » Tue Dec 27, 2016 1:41 pm

Username: tomijojo
Show Name: on our way home
Barn Name: dancer
When we got her on our way home we turned the radio up and all of a sudden we just started to hear her pounding away and that's when we realized she was a dancer plus it was Christmas Eve so what else would have been a better name then that lol
My Art Shop
I am a Breyer and Schleich collector along
with other brands of all sizes - mainly horses
looking for UR bengal (ultimate dreamie)
b-day is Jan 3rd, I'm a Capicornβ™‘

Rescue2001

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Albino_ » Tue Dec 27, 2016 1:46 pm

Username: Soul Of Winter
      Show Name: Dancing With The Holly And Ivy
      Barn Name: Dancer

Dancing With The Holly And Ivy got her name because.. Well, here is the story;;

It all started when Dancer was born. She was not the normal horse, nope. When Dancer was only 3 days old she went into the field while her mom grazed and she started moving, she started doing the horse dance. She stopped as she slowly walked but then got faster and faster, her trots started to get in best as she cantered then stopped and backed up. Her owners then saw her and they named her Dancing With The Holly And Ivy aka Dancer. For she was a dancer at heart.
x
xxxxxxx
🌿🌿🌿
Alb | she/her | EST
RVS(CDH Barn) CDH Whisps
I am a mother of 2 and work 4
days a week, I own a horse and
a maine coon
🌿🌿🌿
Albino_

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Apple Cinnamon Spice » Wed Dec 28, 2016 7:40 am

Username: Apple Cinnamon Spice
Show Name: The Mistletoe Miracle
Barn Name: Ivy
Short piece on how she got her name:Once upon a Christmas Eve I was called out to help a pregnant mare over at the Clause's house. I climbed into my car and drove the quick 5 minutes over to their house.
Mrs. Clause meet me at the stable door, "Thank you so much for coming over! I was a bit worried with how Misletoe's acting and wanted you to look her over." She said as she guided me to the mare stall.
I slid open the door and started checking the mare over. After a quick exam I had found the problem. "Mrs. Clause it looks like Mistletoe's in labor." I said smiling. "She should be fine just check her every couple of hours and call me if you need anything!"
"Of course!" said Mrs. Clause, "Thank you for your help!"

The next day I headed over to the Clause's to check on the mare. As I arrived at her stall I saw two little bundles curled next to Misletoe. "She had twins!" I said, "And they're both girls!"
"What would you name them?" Asked Mr. Clause, "We can't think of any names that would be fitting for them."
"The little one with the blaze looks like and Ivy and the other gal a Holly." I said.
"Well," said Mr. Clause with a twinkle in his eye, "Now that you've named them I think you should have one. I know you were hoping to for a filly this Christmas so I'm giving you one of Mistletoes!"

And that is how Ivy got her name.
┏─────────────────┓
Hiya there!
I'm Apple Cinnamon Spice
but most people call me Appy!
Southern Pride Stables

┖────────cβ”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”š
Apple Cinnamon Spice

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby SerenWish » Tue Jan 03, 2017 5:54 am

ScarletFang wrote:Username: Scarletfang

Congraulations! I loved your story and your name ^^ Great job everyone!
SerenWish

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby ScarletFang » Tue Jan 03, 2017 6:54 am

Ok now I'm just through the roof! Gah! I can't say thank you enough xD
ScarletFang