Entry #10 — Harmony by Karmel

Based on Click to view
Artist Karmel [gallery]
Time spent 2 hours, 3 minutes
Drawing sessions 3
34 people like this Log in to vote for this drawing

Entry #10 — Harmony

Postby Karmel » Wed Nov 30, 2016 2:12 pm

Okay so, the hair was my favorite part. Not quite sure what it's based off but the palette was an Italian street at sunset believe it or not lol. Comments and critiques are always welcome! <3

Standard: Custom Tail Shine
        Common: Custom Hair, Custom Tail

Hey there! I appreciate you coming to check out my artist entries for the amazing Kalon species.
My name is Karmel, or you can call me Lexi, and I would love to have the chance to become an artist for this community.

Q. Why me?
    A. To start, I would like to say that I have an abhorrent amount of free time. Being currently jobless and out of college I spend my waking moments on the internet doing things to fill up my day. After joining Chicken Smoothie, I learned about the adoptable community and absolutely fell in love with the concept. When I saw these Kalons, I was hooked for life. I can dedicate this extra time I have lying around helping out the community via comps, growths, breedings, customs, and etc. I have a dedication for perfection and seek to bring that with me.

Q. What are my strengths?
    A. I am extremely comfortable with line edits and working from a palette/mood board. My favorite type of edit involves the hair and tail, but I can do well with anything thrown at me. That being said, I understand when a community gets flooded with edits and needs a non-edit downtime, for which I would also be happy to oblige. <3 I am more confident in my simpler to medium difficulty designs and feel like they can fit well with the species. I am always trying to improve my work and further my creative designing skills.

Q. What are my weaknesses?
    A. A complex design, though manageable, is something I am still trying to work towards. If I have an idea, image, or mood board to work off it comes easier to me. Another weakness comes in my impatience, which means that even though I am a down-to-the-speck perfectionist, I have a tendency to want to speed things through. I am also working on taming that energetic persistence.
Last edited by Karmel on Sat Jan 28, 2017 5:04 pm, edited 8 times in total.
Karmel

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Entry #10 — Harmony

Postby Max » Wed Nov 30, 2016 2:38 pm

This is so lovely! I can't think of any critique honestly- the color palette, hair, design, everything is gorgeous! I really hope to see you as a kalon artist soon ;u; <3
Max

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby mitsurugi » Wed Nov 30, 2016 3:04 pm

ahhh if this was an adopt, id definitely try out!!
    id absolutely love to see you become an artist <3
    ────── 異 議 あり ! ──────────────────
    mitsu • he/him • leo | carrd
    [ istp 5w4 - slytherin - chaotic neutral ]

─────────────────── 待 っ た ! ──────
mitsurugi

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Karmel » Wed Nov 30, 2016 11:02 pm

Max wrote:This is so lovely! I can't think of any critique honestly- the color palette, hair, design, everything is gorgeous! I really hope to see you as a kalon artist soon ;u; <3

Ah, thank you so much! That means a lot to me. ;___;

horsetein wrote:ahhh if this was an adopt, id definitely try out!!
      id absolutely love to see you become an artist <3

Oh gosh, thank you so much for your comment, I so appreciate it!
      I too hope someday I can become one. I just need to keep practicing my design skills. c:
Karmel

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby apprentice_ » Thu Dec 01, 2016 1:23 pm

dood
    this palette is vvv nice

the design is fairly simplistic besides the back but i think
    it's still pretty easily recreate-able !! (that's totally not a word but. what can u do lmao)
    which is important in a design pff

the edits are rlly nice and the h ai r
    im honestly p picky about how hair is drawn but this bab got some hecking fine hair

basically

i don't have anything bad to say;;
    good luck becoming an artist!!

im chi | they/them | spicy & undead
──────────────────────
links artshop
fern lyn
──────────────────────

apprentice_

My pets
My items
My wishlist