Egyptian Kitsune #20 by Karmel

Based on Click to view
Artist Karmel [gallery]
Time spent 1 hour, 18 minutes
Drawing sessions 1
12 people like this Log in to vote for this drawing

Egyptian Kitsune #20

Postby Karmel » Sun Nov 27, 2016 10:58 pm

The Egyptian Kitsune [ Egyp•tian Kit‧su‧ne] has long, graceful legs and a skinny torso, making their body perfect for running, jumping, and navigating through densely-wooded areas. Their tall, cupped ears and big eyes make them a flawless hunter, even in the dark. This species has been in hiding for thousands of years, only being discovered because of vast population growth. Now, seeing as their kind nature and learning abilities make them great companions, locals are helping gather these beautiful creatures and give them away for loving homes, in order to preserve the natural habitat of Japan without complications with overpopulation.
It is thought that the original legends of the Kitsune, originating from Japan, were actually early-on sightings if the Egyptian Kitsune, (hence the name). The Egyptian Kitsune are thought to be of Egyptian decent, seeing as they are extremely similar to the fennec fox.

The holidays are fast approaching now, and I decided to start celebrating early with a reindeer Kitsune! Red nose courtesy of Rudolph.

Image Common: Custom Tail
      Image Rare: Glow
      Image Extra Rare: Horns

To win santa's helper, fill out the form below and answer the questions. The comp will end on 12/10/2016. Editing and coding are fine, but extras are not allowed.

Code: Select all
    [b]Username:[/b]
    [b]Kitsune Name:[/b]
    [b]Gender:[/b]
    [b]Their Favorite Holiday and Why: [/b](500 word limit)
    [b]Most Cherished Family Memory:[/b] (500 word limit)

Have fun!
Karmel

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Egyptian Kitsune #20

Postby Daria008 » Mon Nov 28, 2016 12:01 am

Username: Daria008
Kitsune Name: Vixen
Their Favorite Holiday and Why: Christmas because she's looks like a reindeer after all.
Most Cherished Family Memory: It was Saint Nicolas Day and I was like 8.After going to bed I heard something drop near my door and I was like."That's dad.I really can't believe he dropped something." *rolling eyes*And the next morning I found what was dropped: a juice bottle. Anyway I just kept my mouth and let them think I didn't hear a thing.-Vixen talking (500 word limit)
Last edited by Daria008 on Wed Nov 30, 2016 7:35 am, edited 1 time in total.
Daria008

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby ♡Chocolate♡ » Mon Nov 28, 2016 1:26 am

Username: ♡Chocolate♡

Kitsune Name: Flicker

Their Favorite Holiday and Why: Christmas. The one time of the year he gets to see his father. Ever since his mother died, and his father had to get plenty more jobs, Flicker never does see him. Flicker's father gets off one day a year, and that day is Christmas. It doesn't bother Flicker they're too poor to get actual gifts, he's just happy his father is here.

Most Cherished Family Memory: When Flicker was three, his mother still lived. They decided to go camping one Chirstmas, so they traveled to the thickest part of the pines. Christmas Eve something amazing happened. At around midnight they were awoken by sounds of footsteps. They got up to see a large herd of deer trudging through the snow. These weren't your average deer, as they seemed to glow. Trees became decorated as the herd gained speed. A doe walked over to Flicker, and touched noses with him before disappearing.
Last edited by ♡Chocolate♡ on Mon Nov 28, 2016 3:33 am, edited 3 times in total.
♡Chocolate♡

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Featherwolf. » Mon Nov 28, 2016 1:54 am

mark

[Fed up with society’s definition of how life should be played out.]

Featherwolf.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby bellini » Mon Nov 28, 2016 3:16 am

res!
bellini

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby milo. » Mon Nov 28, 2016 7:48 am

mark for if i find time
━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━
━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━
fleabag & resident alien own my whole life
milo.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby bite sized kuiper » Mon Nov 28, 2016 8:04 am

aaa lil babu
mark ;;c;;
bite sized kuiper

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby allium » Tue Nov 29, 2016 10:14 am

Username:
//_Asher_//

Kitsune Name:
Noelle Clause

She, her

Their Favorite Holiday and Why:
(500 word limit)
Most people would believe that this Kitsune's favorite holiday would be Christmas, since she is a reindeer after all! And while this isn't all that far off, Noelle's favorite Holiday is actually New Years! Don't get her wrong though, she does like Christmas, but it gets so busy around Santa's work shop and she just cant catch a break between ordering around the elves, helping Mrs.Clause, and leading the sleigh team! she loves New Years because to her it symbolizes accomplishment, new beginnings, and the start of her eleven month break till next Christmas!

Most Cherished Family Memory:
(500 word limit)
If one were to ask Noelle what her favorite childhood memory was, her response would be, "Leading the sleigh team for the first time of course!" She is incredibly proud of her job, and has never forgotten the thrill and sense of enthrallment she got from her first time leading the sleigh team on Christmas night. After that first flight, she couldn't hardly sit still, and didn't take off her flight harness till Santa ordered her too!
Last edited by allium on Tue Dec 13, 2016 8:50 am, edited 2 times in total.
if you don't have good intentions,
please just leave me alone. i'm tired.
allium

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Blackbirds » Tue Nov 29, 2016 10:16 am

Username:
Kitsune Name:
Their Favorite Holiday and Why: Reserve with Friday The 13th
Most Cherished Family Memory: Reserve with a secret! ^-^
Blackbirds

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby satosugu » Tue Nov 29, 2016 10:43 am

Username: might & delight;
Kitsune Name: rudy
Their Favorite Holiday and Why: There's just a certain warmth, a certain smell about Christmas time. Jovial beaming faces of friends and family when they open presents and exchange 'merry christmas'es, the sleepless, cheerfully spent nights laying in bed trying to sleep so you'll get the prized gifts bound neatly under the tree the next morning, the general spark of just.. Happiness. Rudy, ever since a child, has felt such a spark near Christmas time. They're that one person who, directly after Thanksgiving- if not the same day- will put up their christmas lights that sparkle like tiny beacons in the fall nights. Freshly baked cookies that still fall apart to elegant christmas trees that stretch over ten feet tall- if anybody were to win a competition for "most festive" it would be this guy. Christmas has always and will always hold a special place in this kitsune's heart- residing next to the gentle memories of Home. [151/500]

Most Cherished Family Memory:
Eight feet of snow. That's what the meteorologist on the news called for. Rudy did not want to miss the trip, though, and turned off the channel before their family could see. Hauling some bags onto their back, the kitsune wrapped a scarf around their cold neck and hurried outside. Out came their father and mother, and then followed an aunt and three cousins. A family gathering. Joyous laughter filled their entire trip to the cabin up in the woods- built with beautiful natural wood and decorated with twinkling, brilliantly decorative lights and set on a valley in a wide forest. Running ahead of the others the reindeer-like kitsune pelted into their temporary home! Little did any of them know, but the stay would be much longer than expected.

Around a warm fire with gentle sparks flying into the air, the family was gathered and laughing. They sang songs until it started to snow, then roughen into a blizzard- blinding white snow whipping around and nearly putting out the large fire. In a race for time- and warmth- the four younger kits darted inside once more with cheerful laughs. They each headed to a room to warm up, Rudy curling up with a soft blanket and pillow to tell ghost stories - it was perfect setting with the whistling snow.

Eight whole feet of snow. A whole eight feet. The thought tumbled through Rudy's head as they layed in bed and awaited sleep. Eight was the number of ghost stories that had been told, eight was Rudy's favorite number, and eight was the amount of feet that it snowed as the festive kitsune's eyes shut and the dreams arrived.

Upon waking- and finding out the door wouldn't open- Rudy suddenly felt guilty for not saying anything. It was Christmas day now, and everybody was expected to go back home.

This, however, was probably a good thing that they got stuck. Rudy has brought games and their cousins had plenty of creative ideas! For three days the kitsunes were trapped until the snow was weak enough from the sunlight's heat to push out of the way.

Every time the thought resurfaces Rudy can't help but smile! What an amazing time they all had! Even if the gifts weren't there, the family was, and that's what mattered to the optimistic kitsune. [388/500]
Last edited by satosugu on Fri Dec 02, 2016 3:28 pm, edited 5 times in total.
satosugu

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me