Forum rules
Reminder: Copying another person's art without permission to reproduce their work is a form of art-theft!
Click here to see the full Art Rules!

Re: Stars V.2 • Explore

Postby crexmii » Sat Mar 02, 2024 12:11 am

𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐬𝐨𝐥𝐢𝐯𝐚𝐠𝐚𝐧𝐭é !!

last postlast reply ★ level 3 [ 108 / 400 ] ★
━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━
████████████████████

"laurel, you seem to be getting worse. may-ybe you should go home?" weasel suggested, gazing at the lynxpoint in concern. she had been coughing very badly once they had set-up camp for a second or third time. a pair of baby blue eyes glared back at her. "i'm fine! i can continue on the trip with you two." laurel protested, then was racked by another set of coughs.

weasel winced.
"...did you just hear yourself cough? it sounded...bad."
"YES, i did! i'm telling you, it's just a cough, i'm not going to die or anything. besides, you bonked your head a while ago!" she retorted indignantly.

belladonna padded towards weasel and laurel. "we've got to go now, guys."
"belladonna. laurel's sick. i think we should send her back."

the black torbie glanced worriedly at laurel. "are...you sure? we're already quite far from the base...laurel, are you sure you'll be able to find your way back?"

she lifted her chin stubbornly. "i don't want to go back. just feed me some herbs or something!"
"laurel, your health is more important than the etherblooms. we could all end the journey and go back if you want...or you could go back yourself while we go retrieve the precious flowers."

after a long silence from the tabby, laurel sighed. "i guess i'll go back to base first. i know clematis could probably heal me."
belladonna nodded slowly, hesitation flashing in her eyes. "wait. promise us you'll make it safely? oh, it might be too dangerous, and it's already noon. with you in this state, you could..." she trailed off.

laurel snorted. "i'll be alright. it's not like the void is going to roam around random forests. ESPECIALLY not at noon. and i'll be fine. see you back at home, you guys." she smiled and the two other felines watched as she disappeared out of sight.

———

weasel sighed. she couldn't help but feel all worried for her friend. but she knew laurel was storng, and that was true.
"so i guess it's just the two of us, then?" the chocolate point asked, slowly padding forward and glancing up to see the mountain. something tugged on her tail.

"oh, right. three." weasel rolled her green eyes, belladonna giving her an amused sideways glance.
weasel stared up at the ether again, shaking her head. "we can't exactly trust it, weasel. i know it's beautiful, but we really need to focus right now. the part where it gets cold is coming soon. and it's really cold. prepare your fur to be nearly frozen off."

as the duo continued their banter, a nearby bush rustled. belladonna whipped her head around, claws out and gesturing with her tail for her phoenix to move closer to her. beside her, weasel was bristling and in a defensive position, ready for any attack. after all, when you lived in these lands, it was alwaysbetter to be safe than sorry.

"woah! why are you two so suspicious?" a voice called in surprise.
it was a molly with amber fur that seemed to glow in the daylight. she was wearing some sort of weird, red contraption on her back that had several holes in it, and a little hazel bat swooping around her head, chittering.

at the noise, belladonna's phoenix soared over to it, and the two were airborne, playing tag in the sky.

"CHEETO! COME BACK!" belladonna called, stamping her foot, but cheeto didn't hear.
"your phoenix is seriously named cheeto?" weasel whispered softly, then turned her attention back on the stranger, who seemed amused watching their companions playing around.

"hm. what are you doing here?"
"oh, i'm just visiting caelestis mountain to get the etherblooms for my newest invention." she shrugged.
"invention?" belladonna mewed faintly.
the amber tabby nodded. "it's a hobby of mine. anyway, then i overheard you all talking about it and you were headed there, so i was like, ooh new cats! what if i tried to make friends with them? then we could all go together!"

the two relaxed a little. this cat didn't seem to mean any harm. she seemed nice. "sure, we can go together. it's nice to meet you. i'm weasel, and this is belladonna." weasel mewed, poking her tail in belladonna's side. "also, i'm curious, but which trail did you come from?"

"oh, i came from the western trail, but i strayed off the path looking for rare plants. anyway, it's nice to meet you too!" she beamed. "i'm melete, and my bat is pip."

belladonna shook her head and sighed. "they're still playing." the others giggled in response.
"okay, really! it's time for us to continue, cheeto!" belladonna yowled, flicking her tail impatiently.

pip and cheeto immediately flapped back to their respective owners, still chirping and chittering.
"well then, we've wasted enough time. let's continue."

———

it was freezing. it especially didn't help that it was leaf-bare. they were barely even a quarter up the mountain, yet it felt as cold as if they were at the summit already.

flurries of snow were blown past the trio, sending chills down their spines. the ether was shifting. sunset already?
they certainly would need to find somewhere to camp...even if it were going to be on this freezing cold mountain. cheeto's warmth was useful in this situation. he would shine brightly enough so they would be able to navigate their way when it got dark, could keep them warm, and never seemed to run out of energy.

weasel trudged slowly through the rocky path winding up around the mountain. it was covered almost completely in snow, so her paws were beginning to turn slightly numb. behind her, melete sneezed. pip darted around her anxiously and belladonna too seemed to be struggling.

they'd almost fallen off several times by slipping on the snow and weasel's left forepaw ached. argh, she might've strained it a little too much. prey was scarce, and they'd barely managed to find any on the mountain. thank the stars they'd eaten when they were still on the ground.

"i..i think we should rest for the day. it's certainly too cold and too dark to continue on." belladonna stammered out. they were all clearly tired and exhausted. three days climbing up a mountain for flowers...
the three she-cats found a small cave in the rock, and immediately settled down. it wasn't comfortable, but it was the best and the warmest they would get.

weasel also missed laurel. she wished the fawn torbie were here, but weasel knew that the poor, delicate molly would probably die of her sickness in these harsh, cold conditions. as she curled up into a ball, shivering and lay next to belladonna and melete, she felt so tired and so cold.

things were better considering that they had a phoenix.

oh well. today was certainly a tiring day.
here's to hope tomorrow wouldn't be so hard.

©

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

[ # 1146 words ]

-- cats on patrol
belladonna | she / her | HP 100% | HUP 90% | Sick: No

melete | she / her | HP 100% | HUP 100% | Sick: No

weasel | she / her | HP 95% | HUP 90% | Sick: No

-- custom predators / prey? n/a

-- level 3
experience: 108/400

-- opted in to death?
nope
-- inventory

scraps | 1 FP | x1
bugs | 1 FP | x5
mouse| 2 FP | x1
shrew | 2 FP | x1 (fp of choice from lvl up)
squirrel | 3 FP | x2
prey | 3 FP | x0
bird | 4 FP | x1

cobweb | x1
chamomile | x2
borage leaves | x1
willow leaves | x1
willow bark | x1
comfrey root | x1
broom | x1
hawkweed | x1
mallow leaves | x1
goldenrod | x1 (herb of choice from lvl up)

crexmii

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby faelyn » Tue Mar 05, 2024 12:36 pm

x
x
x
x
x
x
Imagexxgalactic skies!
─────────────────── ✧

canadianhowl & clanpost/reply

original level stats ✧ level 7 (061/950)
new level stats ➔ level 7 (126/950)xxx
──────────────────────────────
• • • • x 10% hunger for the patrol
─────────────────┘
    the cascade was of liquified ash and of a parlor so drained of life, it seemed almost stagnant. serein oozed from the skies, its essence pallid and blanched of all color as it seeped into the watercolor hue of nearby cobblestones.

but there was something else. something sneering amidst the serein rainfall and utterly revolting. something that smelt of spring equinoxes gone stale and the slow, sensuous kiss of decay as rats toiled beneath an non-existent heatwave.
    (+1fp [rat], +1fp [rat], +1fp [rat], +1fp [rat], +1fp [rat], +5exp)

it was only then when piketail saw them. those blackened, inkdrop fangs as they gnashed. those bottomless eyes that spoke of wasted paradises and thieving blights. three silhouettes made of seemingly disembodied, ashy silks stood, completely identical as their bodies moved in unison. their mouths click, click, clicking… but never uttering a word.
    (the patrol has encountered a group of trespassing rogues! do they confront or ignore them?)
─────────────────────────────────────────────────────────

✧ 050 exp
✧ 010 exp
✧ 000 exp
✧ 000 exp
✧ 000 exp
✧ 000 exp
words exp
patrol exp
predator exp
skirmish exp
npc quest exp
added exp
✧ 005 exp
✧ 000 exp
✧ 000 exp
✧ yes/noo
✧ 000 left
✧ 065 exp
food exp
herb exp
item exp
opt-in exp
free posts?
total exp

fp earned ✧ +5fp─
herbs earned ✧ +0
• [n/a herb earned]
• [n/a herb earned]
• [n/a herb earned]
• [n/a herb earned]
items earned ✧ +0──xx
• [n/a reward earned]xx
• [n/a reward earned]xx
• [n/a reward earned]xx
• [n/a reward earned]xx
• [n/a reward earned]xx

faelyn

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby faelyn » Wed Mar 06, 2024 12:11 pm

x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
Imagexxcats of the desert!
─────────────────── ✧

whovian5eva & clanpost/reply

original level stats ✧ level 8 (287/1000)
new level stats ➔ level 8 (699/1000)xxx
──────────────────────────────
• • • • x 10% hunger for the patrol
─────────────────┘
    it was a wasteland of stardust and strands of saffron, auburn and endlessly burning as crystalline beads of sand delicately pooled at the tips of her talons. floral traces adorned the earthy fragrance of the desert, beckoning fernwish to a heap of hibiscus, intertwined with leafy fibers stained a viridescent green.
    (+1 willow leaves, +1 wintergreen, +1 ragwort, +1 catmint, +4exp)

but the heap of hibiscus smelled of ruination. of the devouring touch of decay and rot slowly eating away at one’s soul. for its chiffon petals were nothing more than crumpled wings--- toiling beneath the writhing embrace of worms turning its brutalized body into dust.
    (+4fp [pink cockatoo], 1fp [bug], +1fp [bug], 1fp [bug], 7exp)

its eyes were a bottomless abyss, unfurling with disembodied gossamer and the milky white sheen of death.
    “fernwish! fernwish!” delicate paws were upon her, trembling as periwinkle eyes searched hers. “are you alright? you are looking a little pale-”
    (oh no! fernwish is extremely sick and needs three of the following herbs: marigold, juniper berries, deadly nightshade, thyme, bright-eye, foxglove seeds. without these herbs, she will lose -10% hp!)

“i’m okay, cinderglow. it’s just- it’s just that i think something is here.” her voice trembled. “something killed the cockatoo and its injuries did not come from a cat.”
    (a dingo has been spotted by the patrol! do they confront or ignore it?)

✧ 045 exp
✧ 010 exp
✧ 000 exp
✧ 000 exp
✧ 000 exp
✧ 280 exp
words exp
patrol exp
predator exp
skirmish exp
npc quest exp
added exp
✧ 007 exp
✧ 004 exp
✧ 000 exp
yes/noo
✧ 000 left
✧ 132 exp
food exp
herb exp
item exp
opt-in exp
free posts?
total exp

fp earned ✧ +7fp─
herbs earned ✧ +0
• [+willow leaves--]
• [+wintergreen----]
• [+ragwort---------]
• [+catmint---------]
items earned ✧ +0──xx
• [n/a reward earned]xx
• [n/a reward earned]xx
• [n/a reward earned]xx
• [n/a reward earned]xx
• [n/a reward earned]xx

Last edited by faelyn on Sat Mar 30, 2024 4:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
faelyn

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Timid-Decidueye » Sun Mar 10, 2024 7:07 pm

Hill of Sunflowers
x | x

Tawnystar lifted his head to the greying clouds, eyeing the way they shifted, moving across the dull sky. She pawed at the ground beneath her claws, her attention shifting back to the small beetle grasped between her claws, trying to wriggle free. He hummed, lifting her paw ever so slightly to toy with the small bug before capturing it again. She looked around at the wilted sunflowers lying against the floor, his mouth curving into a frown. He shook his body, looking towards Mammothfluff before nodding at the greying sky above.

"We need to get going, Mammoth. It'll start snowing soon." Tawnystar mumbled, starting to walk away from the hill with wilted sunflowers. He sat down at the base of the hill, blinking slowly as he turned her head from side to side, eyeing the whole area surrounding the hill.

"Where are we headed?" Mammothfluff questioned. "Someplace warm, I hope." She added with a small chortle.

"I do hope it is warm where we're going. My paws are aching from the cold." Tawnystar smiled a little as she looked back at Mammothfluff. "We're going on a small adventure, are you up for it?"

Mammothfluff gave him a questioning look before sitting down next to her, digging her claws into the hard dirt under her paws. She sniffed at the sky with a small frown. "Well, we better get going before the snow sets in." She smiled eagerly towards Tawnystar before standing up and stretching, her claws sheathing and unsheathing in the dirt. She swished her tail back and forth before watching Tawnystar stand up, too.

[ # 265 ]

-- cats on patrol
Tawnystar | he/she | HP 100% | HUP 0% | Sick: N
Mammothfluff | she/her | HP 100% | HUP 0% | Sick: N

regular prey!
-- level 0
experience: 47/100
-- items in inventory used
N/A
-- active quests:
x
-- opted in to death?
no
[size=90]-- inventory
Bugs | 1 FP | x2
prey | 2 FP | x0
prey | 2 FP | x0
prey | 3 FP | x0
prey | 3 FP | x0
Rabbit | 4 FP | x1

herb | x0
herb | x0
herb | x0
XXXX/XXXX/XXXX
"Every leaf speaks bliss to me, fluttering from the autumn tree."
Toyhouse! PokeFarm Q! King-Lulu-Deer ©
Hello :3 My name is Forrest, pleased to meetcha!
I hoard pets that give me serotonin (Lions, Snakes, Otters)
Autumn >>>> any other season
Timid-Decidueye

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Hazelfang » Mon Mar 11, 2024 6:20 am

The tabby she-cat's ears flicked up upon hearing the tom's voice, a gentle smile spreading across her face. With a warm purr she responded to his request, "It's a pleasure to meet you, Fennel. My name is Kestrelspirit, I come from a land far beyond the Ever-Sea." Upon speaking those last few words, she pointed her tail towards the large expanse of water hardly visible in the distance. "As I have been traveling for two seasons, I carry very little with me. I am not certain whether what I have will be of any interest to you, but I would be more than happy to trade with you." She extended her paw to him, passing over the poppy seeds she had just been blessed with from the winds. "Will these be sufficient? It is all I have as of now?"

As she watched the tom collect the poppy seeds from her, a figure flashed at the corner of her eyes. A black shadow swiftly passed between the bushes, silent and with intent. The she-cat's tail twitched side to side, the voice of the tom hazing in her mind as she focused her attention on her surroundings. The fur along her spine began to twitch, unease settling on her heart. Someone was watching them, could they be friendly? As she was lost in her thoughts, a familiar and comforting voice spoke to her.

"Hidden in the shadows, lit by the moon. Find the flames leaping in the sky, high in the clouds where the doves fly. Only then may your journey continue."

It was Terra. She finally spoke to her. This must mean she is doing something right. With newfound vigor, she refocused her attention towards cinnamon-colored tom. "My apologies, I thought I heard something. What was it you said, Fennel?" her gaze warmed once more upon meeting the amber eyes of the kind tom.

A solid black she-cat watches the two cats from afar, camouflaging into the shadows of the bushes. "My apologies, I thought I heard something." the she-cat's ears pin back. Seems like she noticed me, I better head back and report to the others. With absolute silence, she stalks away from the cinnamon and tabby cat. Once out of ear shot, she raced forward, her slender black tail whishing behind her. Trees blurred in her vision as she ran forward, heading towards the Great Hickory her and her companions have begun to call home. It has been three seasons since they lost their home to a vicious fire. Their human partners were tragically lost in that fire, leaving the three cats alone to fend for themselves in the wild. It had been difficult initially, but they worked with the individual skills they each had and have been thriving ever since.

The she-cat slowed herself to a stop upon reaching the giant tree, hardly out of breath despite the race through the forest. Her gaze flicked around, in search of one of her companions, but she saw no-cat. "Dove? Where are you?" Hesitantly, she stepped closer to the tree, lifting her nose in the air in hopes of catching their scent. Her scent is here... but it's stale. Where could she be? She continued walking forwards, poking her head into the hollow opening of the tree. "Hello?" her soft voice reverberated against the hollow, yet, no response was received. As she slowly turn around, a large white lump barreled into her, knocking the breath out of her. With a shriek, she fell backwards, flailing her legs in a less-than elegant attempt to fight off her attacker.

"Haha got you!" the white lump laughed from atop her, shaking violently from their laughter. "I finally beat you, Luna!"

She knew that voice. Vince With a hiss, she shoved the body off her. Her eyes met the crystal blue eyes of her companion. "You scared the dung out of me!" she growled angrily at the flame point tom who was still chuckling wildly. "This isn't funny!" she batted at his ears with sheathed claws. More than anything, she was annoyed she let him scare her like that.

The tom rolled away from her, avoiding a second flurry of angry paws batting at his head. "Oh come on, it was just a joke! Dove was in on it too." He sat up, a smug grin etched across his face while his tail swished sideways along the dusty grown.

A grumpy voice came from the back of the large hickory, "I agreed to no such thing, you fool." A plump grey tabby she-cat marched forward, her belly swaying side-to-side with each step. "I just didn't have the energy to stop you from pulling your antics," she huffed before turning her attention towards the black she-cat who was currently wiping away dirt from her fur. "Do you have any news to bring us, Luna?"

The young tom, looking incredibly pleased with himself, turned to face the black she-cat as well as if just now remembering what she had left for. "Oh, right! Did you find the cat?" He watched her eagerly, hardly able to hide his curiosity.

"Oh, now you want to talk," Luna grumbles sullenly after shaking the last bit of dirt from her fur. She stretched briefly, her tail arching over her back while she meowed flatly, "Yeah, I did find her. I am still not convinced we should be chasing around this dream cat, though."

On the night the fire tragedy occurred, all three cats had the same dream. Despite having lived together for many seasons now, they had never had even similar dreams. Especially not the exact same dream. In this dream, each were introduced to a black spotted tabby going by the name of "Kestrel". This she-cat wouldn't say much beyond her name, but all three cats also heard a second voice, much softer speak to them. "Hidden in the shadows, lit by the moon. Find the flames leaping in the sky, high in the clouds where the doves fly. Only then may your journey continue." The dream voice was... vague, to say the least, and Luna wasn't entirely convinced it was worth pursuing. Or perhaps, she was more scared of what these dreams could be leading them to.

Dove's voice snapped her out of her thoughts, "But this cat can be the answer to our prayers. You know we can't living alone like this, we need help." The black she-cat's ears folded once more, yet before she can growl out a response, the grey tabby continued. "I understand your fears, Luna. After all, how can we trust anyone after what we have endured?" the plump she-cat's voice softened on her last few words. She brushed her tail against the worried black cat in a comforting gesture.

"For once, chunky here is correct. We have to at least try." Vince quipped, nodding vigorously as if agreeing with himself.

The grey tabby ignored his snide remark, only the slight twitch of her tail tip revealing how annoyed she was, as she continued to coax her friend. "As long as we continue to tread carefully, we will be alright. We have survived so much, the three of us all together. We just need a little bit of help," her voice trailed off gently, seemingly to allow the black she-cat time to process her words.

With a sigh, Luna replies quietly, "I guess you're right..."

"So, tell us. Is she truly the cat from our dreams?"

The black cat looked up from her paws, her deep yellow eyes meeting the soft gaze of her companion, "Yes, I do believe she is."

[ #1270 words ]

-- cats on patrol
Kestrelspirit | she/her | HP 100% | HUP 0% | Sick: N
Hiddenmoon {Luna} | she/her | HP 100% | HUP 0% | Sick: N
Dovecloud {Dove} | she/her | HP 100% | HUP 0% | Sick: N
Flameleap {Vince} | she/her | HP 100% | HUP 0% | Sick: N

-- custom predators / prey
n/a
-- level 0
experience: 39/100
1x poppy seeds
-- active quests:
~Fennel's Trade~
-- opted in to death?
no
-- inventory
bugs | 1 FP | x1
prey | 2 FP | x1
prey | 3 FP | x0
prey | 3 FP | x0
prey | 4 FP | x0

poppy seeds | x1
stick | x1
broom | x1
Hazelfang

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby olivionary » Mon Mar 11, 2024 7:42 am

IVY HOLLOW
First Explore

The frost covered grass crunched beneath the paws of the three cats that approached the edge of their base camp.
"Calloway, couldn't we go out after the sun has been on the ground for a while?" Allegra asked, glancing up at the leader of their clan whilst bouncing on her front feet. The ground was cold and hard beneath her toes. She was more than eager to turn around and climb right back into her nest for the remainder of the morning - in her opinion, this could wait until at least after the sun had reached it's peak for the day.
Hayes rolled his eyes at the she cat beside himself, "Must you complain? You were the one that wanted to go looking for medicinal herbs."
"And you were the one that wanted to go out for an early patrol. I would have happily waited until later in the day."
"What? Once rogues had travelled through our territory and snatched up all of your precious herbs? Once all the crepuscular animals have gone to bed?" Hayes had a hiss to his tone.
Allegra looked at Hayes with a frown plastered upon her face, "Crepuscular? Using big words doesn't make you better than me, Hayes."
Calloway was openly ignoring the duo, they had every intention of this trip out being quick and successful - though admittedly, with the amount of bickering taking place before they had even left the camp, they were now beginning to doubt the success of this patrol. If only they knew when to hold their tongue and just take in the view of the woodland.
"At this rate, the pair of you will be remaining here and I will be patrolling alone." Calloway spoke plainly, glancing back to the two cats who silenced themselves, if only briefly.
Hayes stepped forward to walk instride with Calloway, "Now, now, sir, we both know that that would not be safe for you to do." The mostly white cat smiled weakly before falling back at the disapproving expression now painted upon Calloway's face.
The scene before them appeared rather peaceful, as one would probably expect for a cold forest in the middle of nowhere. The trees stood tall, albeit they were bare and had a creepiness to them that the forest lacked come summer. "I'm not seeing or hearing many birds." Hayes commented, taking in deep breaths, "But nothing is being carried by the wind." The three cats looked amongst themselves, "I wouldn't trust that alone. Keep your ears up, if there is something in the woods this morning, it may already know we're here."
Allegra gulped as she listened to Hayes speak. Calloway walked forward, head lowered to sniff at the ground and eyes scanning the branches of bare foliage for any caught fur or cloth. The trio moved cautiously away from their base and deeper into the forest. The benefit of their clans location, which also a negative, was the proximity to two legs - the scent of humans was off putting to enough animals that they didn't often feel overtly threatened.
Calloway nodded to Allegra who sped up to walk at Calloway's side, stopped at a base of a tree to pluck a mouthful of herbs from the ground. Hayes sighed, "Allegra, we can pick those up on our way back to camp. We have more important matters at hand."
"Pain relief ointment is very important, Hayes. I'd like to remind you just how much you used last moon?"
"It's not going to sink back into the ground. It will still be there."
Calloway groaned, "Both of you shut up. Remind me never to bring the pair of you together again." The pair usually seemed like the best of friends, but working together clearly was not something they were capable of.
"But we love coming out on patrol together!" Allegra protested.
"Really?" Calloway glanced back with a risen brow.
Snap.
The three cats froze and stared in the direction of what sounded like a broken twig. They could now hear birds singing, but that didn't change the fact that they were yet to have a visual of whatever it was that made the noise. "Stay very quiet." Hayes whispered. All three cats lowered themselves low to the ground, moving slowly to spread themselves out in hopes of getting a visual by being at different angles. Calloway glanced around for any potential flanking creatures. None of the cats could smell what it was. It could be anything: another cat, a dog, a two leg, a deer or that weird creature one of the apprentices swore up and down that he spotted whilst sitting on the fence one evening. Calloway's patience was waning: what was it?
"Allegra, slower." The she cat was pulling further ahead than Hayes and Calloway, but if there were to come upon the being, they wanted to do so relatively equally.

[ 813 words ]

-- cats on patrol
Calloway | they/them | HP 100% | HUP 0% | Sick: N
Allegra | she/her | HP 100% | HUP 0% | Sick: N
Hayes | he/him | HP 100% | HUP 0% | Sick: N

-- level 0
experience: 0
na
-- active quests:
na
-- opted in to death?
no
-- inventory
prey | 1 FP | x0
prey | 2 FP | x0
prey | 2 FP | x0
prey | 3 FP | x0
prey | 3 FP | x0
prey | 4 FP | x0

herb | x0
herb | x0
herb | x0
edon & shania pixels by syntheticfox - vern by loafhound - vern and laith pixels by rayxray

ImageImage
━━━━━━━━━━━━
olivia. she/her. feb 14.

"You're as subtle
as a wrecking ball."

━━━━━━━━━━━━
ImageImage
olivionary

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

stars || mireclan exploration || #007

Postby riverotter » Mon Mar 11, 2024 8:35 am

ImageImage
last explore post | last explore reply
c r e d i t ! ! ! !
ImageImage

✦∘₊✧─⸙─✧₊∘✦
slatefur ─ they/them
slatefur padded out of camp, holding their head high as cedarshine and hyacinthcall followed behind.
"where are we going today, o' great patrol leader?" giggled cedarshine.

"hmm..." slatefur skidded to a stop, eyeing their options.
suddenly, hyacinthcall burst out: "i think the star shower last time was a sign! we should climb the great ridge!"

"the GREAT RIDGE???" cedarshine yowled so loudly that slatefur thought the whole forest would hear her.
"someone's getting confident. last time we went on patrol, i counted-- hmm, two sentences?" slatefur added, struggling to keep in a chuckle.

"well, as the co-leader of the patrol, i declare we are leaving for the great ridge this instant!" hyacinthcall continued, raising his posture so he would tower over the others.
cedarshine stuttered, furrowing her gaze. "w-well, as the CO-CO-LEADER OF THE PATROL -- oh, wait."
"HAH. co-leader overrules co-co-leader. we are going!"

slatefur exchanged silent glances with hyacinthcall and cedarshine before all three cats exploded into a fit of laughter.

✦∘₊✧─⸙─✧₊∘✦
cedarshine ─ she/her
continuously huffing, cedarshine begrudgingly followed after slatefur, digging her claws into the dirt, and hyacinthcall following close behind with the biggest amount of confidence she'd ever seen in him.
"so like, are you starclan's biggest fan now? with all of your 'ooouughhh signs from above' kind of... stuff?" she questioned the lilac tabby. cedarshine was aware it'd sounded a bit disrespectful, but she was genuinely curious.

"...nah. i just wanted to make you both suffer." giggled hyacinthcall. "for fun." he added on between chuckles.

yowling in indignation, cedarshine continued. "oh, for starclan's sake, hyacinthcall!!"
"it's too late to go back now, though—we're way far from camp." slatefur remarked. "besides, i've always wondered what it looks like up there."

cedarshine frowned, and begun pacing faster across the forest.

✦∘₊✧─⸙─✧₊∘✦
hyacinthcall ─ he/it
hyacinthcall gave cedarshine and slatefur a wide grin as they reached the base of the great ridge.

the mossy underbrush of mireclan's territory had long transitioned into a smooth, rocky surface.
soon, pebbles and stones had built up, creating a large mountaintop, reaching up to just about double the size of a tree. mossy vines small chunks of rectangular kyanite hid in the crevices, decorating the otherwise colorless ridge. no wonder it was the great ridge, hyacinthcall had thought.

"so we're just gonna.. climb that? with our own claws? it's gonna take eons!" cedarshine wondered out loud, gazing at the peak.

hyacinthcall gave cedarshine a funny look, waving his tail. "of course not! watch this."
the lilac tabby scrambled onto a trunk, heaving himself up onto the branches nearest to the side of the mountain, and then leaping onto a small flat area on the midsection of the mountain.

"well, okay." cedarshine responded, sounding almost confused, but followed close behind, with slatefur at her tail.

Image[ 455 words ]

-- cats on patrol Image
slatefur | they/them | HP 100% | HUP 10% | sick: N
cedarshine | she/her | HP 100% | HUP 10% | sick: N
hyacinthcall | he/it | HP 100% | HUP 10% | sick: N

-- custom predators / prey Image
!! prey

| 1 FP | mice, squirrels, voles, frogs, toads
| 2 FP | salmon, cod, minnows
| 3 FP | birds, trout, carp, finches, thrushes
| 4 FP | otters, seagulls, weasels
| 5 FP | eagles, deer, shark

!! predators

foxes
big cats (mountain lions, lynxes, panthers)
wolves
bears

original prey post here
-- level 1
experience: 175/200
none
-- active quests:
>>> no quests currently
-- opted in to death?
>>> yes :heartbroken:

-- notes Image
none :3 but yaay mountain climbing
-- GASP ! unused sectionImage
something will go here soon >:) it's a surprise though!!!

-- prey inv. Image

frog | 1 FP | x9
vole | 1 FP | x1
weasel | 4 FP | x1
squirrel | 2 FP | x1
finch | 3 FP | x1

-- herb inv. Image

tormentil | x1
mallow leaves | x1
bindweed | x1
catchweed | x1
lamb's ear | x1
chervil | x1
dried oak | x1

riverotter

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

[0352.] viv's explore replies

Postby Vivika » Mon Mar 18, 2024 11:59 am

KISMET'S ETERNAL NIGHT !!
    xxxxxecho revna clan archive echo revna's last post

a sense of quiet washed over the camp.

a quiet neither gentle, nor contemplative, but one wrought of unspoken words and old wounds. and it stretched like a hunter’s snare, tight and taut, full of tension and strained smiles. a part of her longed to put an end to it. to wrap each and every one of her little ones in a blanket of cool water and bliss, washing away the guilt and fear and restless rage as if a festering wound until nothing was left. nothing but an assurance that all of them had done everything they could. all of them were perfect.

but perhaps only time could heal this one.

for now, mistfeather let the matter rest. allowed all the waves to rise and swell, to crash and tumble, flowing and ebbing to a pulsing rhythm. she closed her eyes as the songbirds returned filling in the silence with a melody of shadows, secrets and sorrow. (+2fp small bird, +2fp small bird, +2fp small bird)

“howdy, m’lady.” a new voice, warm and baritone, broke the fragile silence. the fragrance of cedarwood and foreign spice clung to their tall frame and one side of their lips quirked in a lop-sided smile. “the name’s fennel. i apologize for the intrusion. allow me to present you a gift━a gesture of my goodwill.” (+1fp small rodent)

with a starry-eyed wink, the stranger adjusted the strap of a leather satchel over their shoulder. their touch danced upon the worn leather polished to a sign, removing a tarnished silver coin pinned to the leather. they extended the emblem to her. “now, could i interest you in a trade perhaps? a trinket of mine in-exchange for something of yours?”

fennel (an npc) has proposed a trade! they'd like one herb (any type) in-exchange for something special of theirs! does the patrol accept or decline?
    ─────────────────────────────────────

⊰ patrol status updates ⊱
      • all patrollers gained +10% hunger
      • all patrollers will be at 10hup in your next post!

⊰ xp earnings (death opt in/out) …………………………
      • +45xp for writing, +10xp for patrol sent
      • +7xp for prey, +10xp for healing initial injury
      ⊰ findings ⊱
      • +1fp small rodent
      • +2fp small bird [x3]

⊰ level totals ⊱
      • +72xp → level 1 (188/200xp)

……………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………
      notes; sounds good! thank you for clarifying that bit abt the rogues!! <3
    ───────────────────────────────────────────────
Vivika

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

[0353.] viv's explore replies

Postby Vivika » Tue Mar 19, 2024 10:39 am

STREAM CLAN !!
    xxxcobraash archive last post

the fragrance of earth and sweet apples spiced the autumnal breeze.

in every crevice of the forest, the winds leapt and skipped, frolicking around bronzing pines and whistling through swinging branches. the crisp crunch of crackling leaves followed freckle’nose wherever she wandered from her two companions behind her and… from someone else.

honeyed pinecones and acorns tumbled from an ancient pine, signalling the presence of another. the scent of autumn rains and salted nuts clung to the culprit’s little frame as they rustled around the knotted roots of the pine. chubby cheeks bulging and scarlet tail swishing, the critter seemed lost in a reverie of harvest feasts and full bellies. lost in a daydream, before lost to time. (+3fp squirrel)

• two free explore posts remaining
      • all patrollers gained +0% hunger

• +5xp for writing, +10xp for patrol sent
      • +3xp for prey
      ⊰ findings ⊱
      • +3fp squirrel
      • + no herbs </3

⊰ level totals ⊱
      • +18xp → level 0 (18/100xp)

notes; welcome to explore!! excited to have you c: make sure to include your word count in your future explore post(s)─everything else looks perfect dw! <3
Vivika

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

[0354.] viv's explore replies - winter is here <3

Postby Vivika » Wed Mar 20, 2024 7:53 am

THE SOLIVAGANTÉ !!
    xxxxxxxcrexmii clan archive last post

belladonna's pov;
    a tangle of stars imprints at the back of my eyelids.

a dizzying, spinning halo of stars stolen from the hands of fallen angels. it warps and twists, torsion creating kinks in the tesselating pattern, until something shatters. the stars surge free from the order governing their place in the sky and they fall through space and time.

and i, too, am falling.
    falling down a rabbithole.
    falling from dawn to dusk.
    falling into wonderland─ is it wonderland?

for this world seems a place between a nightmare and a daydream. shivers sear my veins, heat cools my frozen lips. a grey lupine howls, shaggy curls wrought of volcanic ash and eyes the cutting blue of glacial ice. the wolf's face looms, silver snakes of saliva coiling around pointed fangs. it lunges, aiming right for the jugular─

“shhhhh, belladonna. it's okay. it's okay.” a voice, raspy and gruff, but gentle all the same. it cuts through my delirium.

the name seems frail on my cracked lips. “weasel?”

weasel's face blooms into focus, a knot etched between her brows. “just a dream. i think you may have a fever.” (belladonna is sick! see below for healing options </3)

“do you think this will help?” another voice, this one with an edge. dark lashes frame her rubied eyes, eclipsing the heavy shadows underneath it. her name… malani, melina, mel─ mel something. “the wind just blew this in.” (+1 feverfew)

belladonna has also fallen ill! </3 she requires one of these herbs to heal: +1 comfrey root, +1 coltsfoot, +1 watermint or +1 wild garlic! every post she continues patrolling without one of those herbs = -10% hp (health)!

• all patrollers gained +10% hunger*
      • belladonna is also sick </3

• +65xp for writing, +10xp for patrol sent
      • +1xp for herbs, +390xp from catvent '23
      • +40xp from nov '23 qb, +40xp from jan '23 qb
      ⊰ findings ⊱
      • +no prey </3
      • +1 feverfew

⊰ level totals ⊱
      • +546xp → level 3 (654/400xp)
        level 4 (254/500xp)

congrats! you've reached level four and earned an additional +2fp (your choice), +2 herbs (your choice), +1 uc edit and +1 stellar remnants!

notes; ahh, hello! i'm so sorry about the rolls,,, rng really chose sickness today 💔😭 also a few lil things!!
      • *your patrollers will be at 20% hup (hunger) in your next explore post! ^^ hup works opposite to hp (health)
      • i missed this before (not your fault dw!), but make sure to have a box labelled "inventory items used" & another labelled "active quests" for your future posts c:
Vivika

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me