Forum rules
Reminder: Copying another person's art without permission to reproduce their work is a form of art-theft!
Click here to see the full Art Rules!

Re: Stars V.2 • Explore

Postby Lokisaurus » Sun Dec 10, 2023 12:53 pm

I'm picking my own!
new prey:
crab | 1 FP
lemming | 1 FP
seagull | 2 FP
mackerel | 3 FP
corrupted fish | 3 FP
muskrat | 4 FP
osprey | 5 FP
new predators:
osprey
beavers
coyotes
corrupted marine life (gigantic squid, mutated sharks, etc)
Would you like your current inventory converted to the new prey list? Yes

I want to risk death!
Username: lokisaurus
Clan link: cs archive toyhouse archive
cs archive is going to have all the explore inventory and the toyhouse has all the cats
ON HIATUS
until further notice

if i owe you art and you have already paid, you are eligible for a refund.
message me on discord with your receipt of purchase and i'll pay you back.
Lokisaurus

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Hazelfang » Tue Dec 12, 2023 11:34 am

Last Explore Post (n/a- first post) | Clan Link | Last Response Received (n/a- first post)

"You are not of our world, but you speak with our spirits. It is time for you to find your own Kin and raise them amongst the Spirits as you have been raised by us."

A cool dawn breeze caressed the golden leaves, willing them to dance amongst the floating pollen. As if enticed by the wind's serenade, the leaves parted from their branches and swirled along the sky. Yet, as fickle as the breeze can be, the leaves were abandoned and left to flutter down. Down they traveled until they landed atop the nose of a peacefully sleeping feline. The tabby brown she-cat snored softly, tickling her own nose with the solitary leaf. A sneeze is all it takes to startle the she-cat out of her dream. She looked around warily, frightened at first by the sight of such an unfamiliar forest. A few moments of observing her surroundings is all it takes to remind her. Her name is Kestrelspirit and she is traveling to her new territory under the attentive guidance of Terra herself. The very land she found herself dozing off on is where she last heard anything from Terra and although the silence was frightening initially, she realized that it could also mean she may finally be home.

The tabby slowly lifted herself from her nest, stretching away the weary from her bones. "Blessed be this day, Terra, and may you continue to guide me on this journey," she murmured to herself. Today was the day she decided she would search for other cats nearby. Perhaps finding more Kin would please Terra and help her complete the mission. After a brief moment taken to groom herself, Kestrelspirit leaves the shelter of the fallen tree and begins searching for prey. Hopefully she would find more luck than she did the day prior. She could still taste the acrid flavor of frog on her tongue. Oh how she missed the sweet flavor of degu or the delectable yet rare degu. Her heart ached for her home, but she knew better than to dwell on the past. Her new home would have wonderful prey too, she believed with confidence, and it would soon be considered far more delicious as well.

With an enthusiastic trot, she bounded forward. Eager to see what prey awaited her and even more excited to begin the search for her Kin.

[ #396 ]

-- cats on patrol
Kestrelspirit | she/her | HP 100% | HUP 0% | Sick: N

-- custom predators / prey
n/a
-- level 0
experience: 0
-- items in inventory used
n/a
-- active quests:
n/a
-- opted in to death?
no
-- inventory
prey | 1 FP | x0
prey | 2 FP | x0
prey | 2 FP | x0
prey | 3 FP | x0
prey | 3 FP | x0
prey | 4 FP | x0

herb | x0
herb | x0
herb | x0
Hazelfang

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

(★★ explore response)

Postby ethium » Thu Dec 14, 2023 12:37 pm

xxxxxx It didn’t take long for Hollyheart to locate her bounty, and she lunged at the unsuspecting rodents, flushing the mice out, but not before catching one for herself.

On the surface, Quicksilver and the others dashed for the mice Hollyheart had failed to catch in the burrow as they raced out of the adjacent exit and the burrow entrance Hollyheart had used. Soon their mouths were full of mice, and laughter! A bountiful hunt indeed.

[ +1 fp (mouse), +1 fp (mouse), +1 fp (mouse), +1 fp (mouse), +1 fp (mouse) ]

“Phew!” Firestrike laughed, settling down his catch and taking stock of the others. “Well, that was fun.” The group turned, pleased, picking up their prizes and continuing their brief hunting trip. They’d just take a deeper look around and then head back, with already enough mice to justify their trip there was no reason to remain out longer than necessary.

The patrol wound their way through the trees, picking their way across the landscape. Durianblaze let out a series of harsh sneezes as a bird launched out of a nearby bush, showering him in leaves.

[ +1 chervil, +1 tormentil ]

As the cats began to pick their way back to the others, Piketail paused as he was hit with a sudden bought of dizziness. He stumbled, shaking his head to clear it but only making it worse. Hollyheart paused, worried.

“Piketail? Are you alright?” The tom waved her off gently, smiling at her. “I’m fine, just feeling a bit under the weather.” He trudged on, albeit with a foggier head.

[ Piketail has gotten sick! He will need one herb to heal. He needs Cobwebs, Chickweed, Catmint, or Foxglove Seeds. Any will do, but he’ll need it soon. Piketail will lose -10% health for every post made after he comes down with his illness. ]

As the patrol made their way back to the group, Quicksilver froze, lifting her nose to the air. She suddenly changed direction, wandering to the left of the path. The patrol paused, curiously. “Did you find something?” Quicksilver returned, her expression serious. “Come take a look at this.” She led the way to a nearby tree, pausing underneath it, staring pointedly at the remains of a mouse.

“Looks like we’re not the only ones enjoying mouse tonight,” Firestrike remarked.

“An eagle has been here recently, really recently. What should we do?”

[The patrol has scented an eagle (predator)! Do they ignore the scent or pursue the bird? ]

█████
      █████
      █████
      █████
      █████
      █████
      █████
      █████
      █████
      █████
      █████
      █████
      █████
      █████
      █████
      █████
      additional notes
      ─> n/a - im so so so sorry for the wait!! im finally on break 8-)

xp totals (death opted in/out)
      ─> 10 xp for patrol sent
      ─> 65 xp for words written
      ─> 05 xp for prey found
      ─> 02 xp for herbs found
      ─> 30 xp for codewords used
      ─> 70 xp for october quest rewards

patrol totals
      ─> +10% hup for each cat on patrol
      ─> piketail has gotten sick! he will require one herb
      (cobwebs, chickweed, catmint, or foxglove seeds) to heal
      ─> a predator has been scented. do you pursue or flee?

prey/herb totals
      ─> +1 chervil, +1 tormentil
      ─> +1 fp (mouse) x5

leveling totals
      ─> 182 xp ─> level 6 (352/800)
ethium

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

(★★ explore response)

Postby ethium » Thu Dec 14, 2023 1:20 pm

xxxxxx The patrol made their way in solemn silence. A serious atmosphere hung over their heads, as their task lay before them. It didn’t take long for the group to find the strong-smelling source. Baybreeze paused before two fallen seagulls, clearly taken from the sea. The owl’s dinner... perhaps there was still something salvageable. [+3 fp (seagull), +3 fp (seagull) ]

“It looks like we just missed it,” Baybreeze commented to no cat in particular, swinging his gaze around to examine the area. Just in case the owl might still be lurking. “The owl’s had its meal, why would it stick around? Surely it’s long gone now.” Gullcry murmured, shifting uncomfortably. It was true, the owl scent led deeper into the territory but was faint. Most of the scent came from the seagulls, which it had clearly paused to eat. Gullcry couldn't tell if he was irritated there hadn't been a fight, or relieved.

[ The predator has left the territory ]

“Well, this was a waste of time.” Sandstar sighed but felt less ruffled. There hadn’t been a need for a confrontation after all. “Maybe not a complete waste,” Scallopfoot called, stepping out of the bushes she’d been examining, holding herbs in her jaws. “These might be helpful!” [+1 watermint, +1 stick] Gullcry fixed her with a teasing look.

“A stick is going to be helpful?” Scallopfoot snorted and upturned her nose, mock offended. “Of course! It can do lots of... Stick things. Someone has a use for it somewhere.” The two laughed but did not remove the stick from the pile. They returned to the patrol, curious to see if they would return to the beach or continue to explore.

█████
      █████
      █████
      █████
      █████
      █████
      █████
      █████
      █████
      █████
      █████
      █████
      █████
      █████
      additional notes
      ─> n/a

xp totals (death opted in/out)
      ─> 10 xp for patrol sent
      ─> 30 xp for words written
      ─> 06 xp for prey found
      ─> 02 xp for herbs found
      ─> 50 xp for codewords used

patrol totals
      ─> +10% hup for each cat on patrol
      ─> the predator has fled the territory

prey/herb totals
      ─> +1 watermint, +1 stick
      ─> +3 fp (seagull), + 3 fp (seagull)

leveling totals
      ─> 98 xp ─> level 2 (281/300)
ethium

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby mrs » Fri Dec 15, 2023 12:46 pm

Whispering Winds
(posted) 1
(received) 1
[second post]

Custom Prey/Predator List
Level 1 || 40/200 XP
No active quest.
Opted into death.

Sandfur | he/him | HP 100% | HUP 0% | Sick: no
Items used wrote:Nothing is to
be used as
of right this
moment
Inventory wrote:x3 any herbs
x1 bright-eye
x1 wintergreen
x3 worms

[ 118 words ]
experience from '22 advent calendar

Sandfur's tail swayed back and forth as he padded through the thick clearing. He hadn't been outside of camp for longer than he was willing to admit to anyone who asked. He was determined to seek out prey, no matter how difficult it was. A squirrel, a duck, a pigeon—even a snake would do! Though, snakes weren't nearly as tasty as other the other prey Whispering Winds consumed. Sandfur guessed, hunger truly would drive someone to eat anything. He kept his head held high as he continued his desperate, hopeful search through the forest. He planned to head to the river to see what his old eyes would allow him to spot lurking in the harsh waters.
mrs

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby riverotter » Fri Dec 15, 2023 1:24 pm

i've made up my mind 💔 probably gonna opt out as soon as i can lmao we'll see
I want to risk death!
Username: riverotter
Clan link: https://toyhou.se/squarecup/characters/folder:3968359
riverotter

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Explore - Galactic Skies 020

Postby canadianhowl » Sun Dec 17, 2023 7:00 pm

──────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────

[ 529 words ]

The cats looked at each other before nervously looking at Firestrike and Durianblaze. They all knew exactly what was about to happen. “You boys better not do it.” Hollyheart huffed before she just rolled her eyes seeing the two race away. “I got it mom!” Firestrike shouted. “No I do! Move over you’ve done enough!” Durianblaze snapped back as the two argued. Hollyheart shook her head as she sat down beside Piketail and Quicksilver. She was already right on it, treating the leftover tom who sniffled.

“Thank you Holly.” He purred as he enjoyed the brief moment of being cared for. He blushed softly when Quicksilver laid down beside him and began to groom his fur. “You’re gonna get sick too, Quicksilver.” He mumbled.
“I’d rather be sick than have you look like a prickly thorn bush.”
“But I don’t-“
“No”

———

Meanwhile the two toms were shoving and pushing each other to get the bird. “It’s just a silly bird but I know I got it!” Firestrike laughed as he began to climb up the nearest tree. “So? I can still get it faster than you can! Then I’ll be the one praised and we’ll have eagle for breakfast!” Durianblaze spoke back. He quickly looked from side to side before he too began to scale the tree. The two raced for the top before crawling on a branch and began to look out. “There it is. Do you see its flight pattern? You can tell what it’s about to do based on that.” Durianblaze whispered. His eyes locked onto the eagle. He was going to do this.

“And why do you care about being the savior?” Firestrike asked. “Well why do you?!” Durianblaze shouted, actually startling the other. “You know what?! It’s been obvious you’re trying to keep leading this group into danger! It’s so stupid! Like what even goes on in your head?!” He growled and stood back up. He began to walk closer to Firestrike who began to pad back. Both were inching closer to the end of the branch. “Why is it because you’re trying to impress your second mommy?! She doesn’t care, she doesn’t think you’re special! I mean she cares more than your first one did-“

Now Firestrike was getting upset. “Are you kidding me?! What’s gotten into you just now?! Don’t you dare say that again! … but still what’s-“

“You don’t have to try and impress your parents every day and every night!” Durianblaze interrupted.

“But I thought Magpiewhisper was nice to you?” Firestrike asked but was silenced with a slap to the face. “This isn’t about her- well- AUGH YOU DON'T GET IT! You don’t get it having to impress your stupid dad because he upholds this fake prophesy so dear to his heart so he trained you day in and out for something you don’t know and don’t care about because it’s for the greater good so he can prove to some dead guy he’s the best!” Durianblaze screamed a final time.

“… I do though.”

“Huh?”

Both had forgotten about the eagle and with their bickering had alerted it to where they were. It was an easy target.

★ - NOTES - ★
Id like for my 165 exp and 305 exp to be added please!

★ level 6
experience: 352/800
★ items in inventory used
1 cobweb, 2 deer, 5 finch
★ active quests:
quest 1
★ opted in to death?
yes/no
★ custom predators / prey
link here
★ prey
mice | 1 FP | x9
squirrel | 1 FP | x0
rat | 1 FP | x0
lizard | 1 FP | x4
hare | 2 FP | x3
finch | 2 FP | x4
minnow | 2 FP | x2
crow | 3 FP | x8
bass| 4 FP | x3
deer | 5 FP | x1
ram | 5 FP | x0

★ herbs
Bindweed | x1
Borrage | x1
Bright Eye | x1
Burdock Root | x1
Catchweed | x2
Chamomile | x1
Chervil | x2
Chickweed | x2
Cobwebs | x1
★ herbs cont.
Daisyleaf | x2
Deathberries | x1
Dock | x2
Elder Leaves | x2
Fennel | x1
Feverfew | x1
Foxglove Seeds | x1
Goldenrod | x2
Holly Berries | x1
Honey | x2
Horsetail | x1
Juniper Berries | x1
Lavender | x2
Lungwort | x2
Mint | x1
Poppy Seeds | x3
Sweet-Sedge | x1
Tormentil | x2
Watermint | x1
Wild Garlic | x1
Willow Leaves | x1
Yarrow | x1
★ - PATROL - ★

he/him
hp | 100
hup | 0
sick | N

she/her
hp | 90
hup | 0
sick | N

she/her
hp | 95
hup | 0
sick | N

he/him
hp | 100
hup | 0
sick | N

he/they
hp | 100
hup | 0
sick | N
Name

xx/xx
hp | --
hup | --
sick | --
Last edited by canadianhowl on Thu Dec 28, 2023 5:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
              ╔═══════════════╗

{ he/they - adult }
              Hi! My name is Zander!
              I've been drawing for years
              I mostly draw cats!
              Be nice to crabs!
              { stars - TH }

╚═══════════════╝
canadianhowl

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

[0339.] viv's explore replies

Postby Vivika » Tue Dec 19, 2023 4:30 pm

MISTFALLS CLAN !!
    xfawntura archive last post

and even the winter swallows wept with her.

their song mournful and hollow, a dirge that even the rising sun turned away, refusing to resurrect the skies with its warmth and dayglow. stale winds stilled as if cast under a winter spell, frozen and numb… just like the form resting before her. she buried her nose deep into the thick of his curls, the scent only tracing more saltwater stains on her cheeks, carving a grave for her stone heart.

and not even the gifts from the swallows could stir her from her crumpled state. not even the promise of her ailments healed. nothing. (+1fp bugs, +1fp bugs, +1 lamb’s ear, +1 stellar remnants; surreal has also been healed from her previous sickness!)

her papa was gone.

and her mind was a warzone. a storm of warring weapons each striving for a hollow victory. a pinprick of rage, a wave of sorrow, a pinch of frustration. all clashing and clanging, each and every single one vying for her attention.

she would never hold him again with the thum of his heartbeat, so steady and strong against hers. she would never melt in the warmth of his embrace, never savor the sanctuary of his advice, never hear his quiet laughter after a whispered joke. she would never. she would never. she would never.

perhaps it was selfish. it wasn’t just her loss, but also the clan’s loss. he wasn’t just her papa, but also a leader. yet,nothing could breathe the lifeforce back into her bones, nothing could lift her from the cold cobbled grounds of her papa’s den. when her stomach curdled, aching, she wasn’t sure whether it was from the cold or something else. (surreal has fallen ill again </3 see below for healing options!)

only a flash at her periphery froze the saltwater stains on her cheeks, sending a kernel of warmth into her stone heart. and the accompanying, reverberating hiss stoppered the assault on her mind. (predator spotted!)

surreal has spotted a snake (predator) in her father's den! does she confront the snake or ignore it?

surreal has also fallen ill </3 she requires one of the following herbs to heal: +1 mint, +1 elder leaves, +1 tansy or +1 dried oak leaves! each post she continues patrolling without the herb will result in -10% health!
    ─────────────────────────────────────

⊰ patrol status updates ⊱
      • all patrollers gained +10% hunger
      • surreal is sick (again) </3

⊰ xp earnings (death opt in/out) …………………………
      • +90xp for writing, +10xp for patrol sent
      • +2xp for prey, +1xp for herbs, +1xp for item
      • +10xp for sickness healed
      ⊰ findings ⊱
      • +1fp bugs, +1 fp bugs
      • +1 lamb's ear, +1 stellar remnants

⊰ level totals ⊱
      • +114xp → level 2 (147/300xp)

……………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………
      notes; n/a, but ahh i feel for surreal </3 rest in peace hawkstrike
    ───────────────────────────────────────────────
Last edited by Vivika on Sun Dec 31, 2023 6:35 am, edited 1 time in total.
Vivika

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

[0340.] viv's explore replies

Postby Vivika » Wed Dec 20, 2023 6:36 am

CLOVERCLAN !!
    xcupidcola archive last post

through the veil of darkness, a string of lights illuminated the night. tiny flashes of neon blues and rosy pinks and tawny golds flickered through the evergreens and pines, gently shivering as the winter winds tousled through the fronds of the underbrush. and up close, the tiny lights seemed frozen in a small, translucent cylinder. something otherworldly and not borne of nature, but… of something else. something unnatural.

“is that… a glowing stick?” their patrol partner’s head tilted, umbra bangs flopping into his eyes. “weird. wonder if i can━”

“lionwhisker, don’t━”

too late. with one sharp tug, the glowstick slotted easily into the small of his paw, a dark loop of twine at the tip. a triumphant grin lifted the curve of lionwhisker’s cheeks and the soft pink of a tongue waggled at them. his back turned once more and this time, he reached for a small burlap pouch, neatly tied with a dried blade of grass. “knew you were chicken. nothing even━”

the branch ricocheted.

a soft yelp left the other’s jaws as he scrambled to duck, the rough knobby surface of a branch scarcely missing his head. the pouch hit the soft earth and unfurled into a single swatch of square cloth, revealing the neatly wrapped contents. a traveller’s pack: dried herbs and strips of smoked leftovers. (+1fp scraps, +1fp scraps, +1 bindweed)

alice?” and it was almost as if even the slightest deviation from quiet summoned the presence of another. for through the swath of umbra and starlight, a stranger emerged, breaking through clawed branches and thistleweeds in a run. honeyed curls framed the twinkle of starlit eyes, the corners lifted in something… hopeful. her steps halted as those starlit eyes flickered between their fallen patrol partner and them. “oh, you’re not… i thought it might be her.”

a rosy flush bloomed across her cheeks. “i apologize for the intrusion. i’m furzetuft and… i’m looking for a friend of mine. i strung the glowsticks up to help her find her way through the dark, but…” a half-hearted chuckle wavered from her lips even as she infused a warm timber in her voice. “well, seems like i caught you two, instead!”

furzetuft (an npc) has arrived! she's looking for a dear friend of hers (alice), who's scared of the dark. does the patrol agree to help furzetuft look for her friend or decline to continue on their way?

• two free explore posts remaining
      • all patrollers gained +0% hunger

• +15xp for writing, +10xp for patrol sent
      • +2xp for prey, +1xp for herbs
      ⊰ findings ⊱
      • +1fp scraps, +1fp scraps
      • +1 bindweed

⊰ level totals ⊱
      • +28xp → level 0 (28/100xp)

notes; n/a, welcome to explore! <3
Vivika

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

[0341.] viv's explore replies ─ newleaf!

Postby Vivika » Thu Dec 21, 2023 1:40 pm

CRIMSON MOON !!
    xxxdixiebean clan archive last post

but life was always full of second chances. budding like the late autumn blooms in the sweet rush of the woodlands, chittering like the squeak of a chattering squirrel, unfurling like the song of two lovebirds in the evergreens. and while the scent of that lost rabbit carved a craving in her stomach, her nose led her to another.

a smaller soul. sunflower seeds and dried herbal leaves burst like the plume of a smokescreen from the grasp of its tiny arms and the little mouse broke into a skittering run, tail like a golden thread. a thread that it to an eternal slumber. (+2fp mouse, +1 alder bark, +1 deadly nightshade)

“howdy, friend.” a warm, baritone timbre melded with the quieting sonata of the songbirds. a… foreign voice. the fragrance of fresh spice, cedar and woodsmoke clung to their tall frame and one side of their jaw quirked in a lop-sided grin. “hope i didn’t scare ya. the name’s fennel. and… i could use a quick favor.”

in a single fluid motion, they tossed a tiny pouch at mink’s paws. the pouch jingled as it landed with a soft thud, the promise of something within the netted burlap of the fabric. (+1 star's blessing ─ guarantees 3+ kits in a nursery litter!)

"consider it a gesture of goodwill." with a wink, the stranger leaned against the frame of an old tree. the light from the oak's gilded leaves fluttered upon the gentle slope and angles of their features, illuminating a grin that curved the corners of their eyes. “so how 'bout it? there's more where that came from.”

fennel (an npc) has proposed a trade! they would like one herb (any type!) in-exchange for something special of theirs! does mink agree to the trade or decline?

• two free explore posts remaining
      • all patrollers gained +0% hunger
      • no health changes!

• +15xp for writing, +10xp for patrol sent
      • +2xp for prey, +2xp for herbs, +1xp for item
      ⊰ findings ⊱
      • +1fp bugs, +1fp bugs
      • +1 alder bark, +1 deadly nightshade
      • +1 star's blessing

⊰ level totals ⊱
      • +30xp → level 0 (30/100xp)

notes; n/a, welcome to explore!! your clan name is so rad o:
Vivika

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me