Forum rules
Reminder: Copying another person's art without permission to reproduce their work is a form of art-theft!
Click here to see the full Art Rules!

Re: Stars V.2 • Explore

Postby Swishy & Broken » Sun Nov 20, 2022 7:04 am

xxxxxImage

ʟɪꜱꜱɪᴅᴏᴍ
lili041 | last post

Beating from above, the sun's harsh light cast dark shadows along the path. A distant bird let out a cackle, the sound echoing off each tree in a way that sent shivers down Lily's spine. Despite the warmth of the day, not a single piece of prey seemed to be lurking anywhere. The group trudged along, paws growing damp from the slush of winter coating their fur.

It seemed almost impossible, the silence deafening. Charchar's gaze carefully raked the landscape, landing on a covered patch of brush nearby. He cast a glance backwards, toward the group, and jogged over. A strange scent skimmed the air, floating gently around the brush. With a knowing move, he dug into the roots and wrangled out a piece of Burdock Root. A few leaves fragrant leaves also caught his attention, which he carefully nipped off the plant as well. (+1 Burdock Root, +1 Burnet)

While the group looked on, a soft scuttling sounded from the path behind them. Hal instinctively turned to face the sound and puffed his pelt out, claws glimmering in the now setting sun's light. A small nose peeked out, with dark glinting eyes following just a moment later. A rat! Hal jolted forward, his claws slicing into the creature with ease. In what seemed like seconds, another rat jumped from the darkness and let out an angry hiss at the group. Hal flung the first rat at Lily and Pineapple, readying himself to fight. The rat squeaked in anger and jumped at him, but a powerful paw smacked it down. Lissi stood over the rat, surprising speed bursting from her body. With a decisive blow, the rat lay at her paws, dead. (+2 rats (3 fp each))

An uneasy glance between Hal and Lissi sucked the warmth from the air, a winter breeze shaking the very forest itself. "Let's go home"

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
+ 116 exp, +2 rats (3 fp each), +1 Burdock Root, +1 Burnet
+ 10% HUP for each cat on patrol

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Image Image Image

°°°°°
xxxxx Images Pixabay button Chipakers coding 0Zero0

Want some art?
Currently: drawing cats

❀ ✿ ❀
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
hi!
you can call me swishy, i use she/her
pronouns. i work full time at a senior
living facility and live a quiet, content
life with my fiancée and two cats. i
check cs every day, so don't feel shy
about giving me a poke <3 !!

Swishy & Broken
General Helper

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Deercan » Sun Nov 20, 2022 2:45 pm

🏰 The Roundtails 🏰
Last Explore Post | Last Response Received

Barely a breath had passed between the trio, but like the cold wind everyone felt frozen in this moment as if time simply had stopped. The tension felt akin to a thick layer of snowfall, daring to drag both sides into icy depths. Not one word was spoken, as if the fear of a simple slip of the tongue might cause the world to come crashing down.

The silent steady beat of war drums rose in the cats ears, the sound of their own heartbeats threatening to drown out every other noise. They felt like they were seeing red, but perhaps it was only the crimson glare from the cat lay in wait in front of them; an army made of the shadows of beasts laughing and writhing with an unwaivering anticipation, rows of warped teeth gnashing and grinning with madness.

Like sheets of ice the silver and white furred duo stood unmoving, but eyes glittering of a sharp threat over the underlying feel of great fear. It was the witch who broke the invisible reins first, movement calculated and surprisingly quick, like a serpent they thrust forward to meet the speckled stranger face to face. The cackling of the monsters rose, eager to hear the go ahead from their leader. Not yet had it came however, the crimson eyed cat raising but a simple eyebrow at the witch. An invitation for them to plead a case, perhaps.

Hackles risen and fur sharp like the brambles that twist around them, Ambrosia raised their voice to a shrill hiss; head barely a whisker lengths away from the strangers judging gaze. "Beastmaster," they drew the word out slowly, dragging the title out like it was carrion, "You have brought an army, what is it really but an unguided entropy? You come to lay claim to the sky, tired of the hole you dug yourself in are you?" They narrowed their gaze, a hint of sympathy on their tongue. "I came from these woods as well, this is something we both know. You have stolen the stars from the sky because you had to, that is what you told yourself when we were younger, did you not?"

Ambrosia simply shook their head, an old sorrow rested in their low hiss. "You'll take the sky, and then the sun, and then what? Will you be content with yourself, or realize that you're back where you started? I cannot change your decision, but is this what you really wanted?" They kept their gaze locked for moments longer, before wordlessly stepping back to join the others with a tired sigh.

Much to the surprise of the patrol, it was the silver striped Quicksilver who stepped forwards, a slight tremble but surefooted like a hare. He raised his head to view the stranger, eyes bright as two lone fireflies in the dead of a snowy night. "I.." a quick glance back and a supportive nod from Crepe helped the tomcat find his words, "I have a suggestion, if you'd listen." Biting back his fear of talking to this strange menacing cat, he continued with the plan. "It's clear you're trying to find a place here, for you and your, uh, group," he waved his tail at the beasts, "and we'd like to offer you one, if you promise to stop your messing with things...Crepe can explain more!" He skittered back to his spot, nervousness having taken over.

Whispering a genuine good job to their friend, she took her place in stepping forward to speak to the crimson eyed cat. Although she was intimidated, her steps never faltered. Their voice was like a soft song as they began to explain. "For longer than we've been here, these woods have been a unoccupied by most cats. An overabundance of prey surely runs there, but none from our clowders have been tough enough or willing to build camp in these trees. It looks like you have comfortably been taking resident here with your company.. so on behalf of The Cats of The Round Table, I'd like to offer you a spot here in this expanse and the woods to do with as you please. You could have your own group if you wish, too. All I ask is that you must stop your mayhem.. please."

She returned back to stand next to the others, hoping and wishing to the stars that they wouldn't have to resort to a fight.. she was hopeful, but knew that against this cat and these beasts, they'd probably never win. "If this sounds fair, you can discuss with Harley of the railrunners and the castle monarch Silvercrown to confirm or alter plans. You may take time to consider this, of course; you may send a message through our messenger when you decide."

And like before, the whole world froze once more. Oh stars, the whole trio thought, please let this turn out peacefully!

[ 818 words ]

-- cats on patrol
Crepe | they/she | HP 100% | HUP 0% | Sick: no
Quicksilver | he/him | HP 100% | HUP 0% | Sick: no
Ambrosia | they/them | HP 100% | HUP 0% | Sick: no

-- custom predators / prey
berries, bugs | 1 FP
mouse, chipmunk, small fish | 2 FP
squirrel, newt, sparrow | 3 FP
jackalope, gopher | 4 FP
small deer, goose, rat | 5 FP
predators:
dragon, coyote, rat pack, fox
-- level 3
experience: 986
-- items in inventory used
n/a
-- active quests:
spooky npc quest - completed in this post!
-- opted in to death?
yes
opt-in form
-- inventory
berries | 1 FP | x4
chipmunk | 2 FP | x1

tansy | x1
honey | x1
Deercan

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

[17] ~ Explore (Lissidom)

Postby LiLi041 » Mon Nov 21, 2022 2:43 pm

Last Explore Post: here! | Last Response Received: here!
Level 6 (190/800 exp) | Death Opt-In: Yes | Predators/Prey: default

Patrol
Lissi | she/her| HP 100% | HUP 0% | Sick: no
Hal | he/him| HP 95% | HUP 0% | Sick: no
Maurus | he/him| HP 94% | HUP 0% | Sick: no
Chachar | he/him| HP 100% | HUP 0% | Sick: no
Pinepaw (Pineapple) | he/him | HP 100% | HUP 0% | Sick: no
Lily | she/her| HP 97% | HUP 0% | Sick: no

Items Used
  • mouse | 2 FP | x3

Active Quests
  • n/a

Inventory
Prey:
  • scraps | 1 FP | x1
  • bugs | 1 FP | x3
  • vole | 2 FP | x2
  • shrew | 2 FP | x2
  • rat | 3 FP | x2
Herbs:
  • daisy leaf | x3
  • thyme | x1
  • comfrey root | x1
  • parsley | x1
  • burnet | x5
  • feverfew | x1
  • ragwort | x1
  • goldenrod | x1
  • goatweed | x1
  • broom | x1
  • bright-eye | x1
  • celadine | x1
  • catchweed | x1
  • dock | x1
  • chervil | x2
  • deadly nightshade | x1
  • deathberry | x1
  • mallow leaves | x1
  • stick | x1
  • borage leaf | x1
  • tormentil | x1
  • burdock root | x1
"Those mice were so gigantic," Lily whispered to Pinepaw, her breath puffing out a miniature cloud in the air. "And their faces were so mean, too. I've never seen one like that before. It looked nothing like Petra's mouse, Artep."

Pinepaw frowned. "Those weren't mice, Lily," he said grimly, his mouth set in a harsh angle of seriousness. "Those were rats."

A pause hung in the air between them, deafening in its silence. Rats, rats, rats. Meaner, vicious, with an ability to grow up into terrifying sizes. Groups of them, eyes glowing the most frightening red in the dark, could easily overtake a young kitten and drag it off to its terrified end. Swarms large enough could even overwhelm an adult warrior. As kittens, both had been warned of the scary creatures, and warned to run away as soon as they had seen one.

Mice were friendly, and could be friends. Rats were terrifying, a foreboding omen of a dark future.

When the gloomy idea finally settled in, Lily opened her mouth to say, "O-oh." Then she shut it again, feeling silly. She hadn't said anything useful, and hadn't even recognized that is was a rat.

When she thought back to that moment, in the midst of the fight... the fear hadn't fully caught up to her until then, in that moment. A chill ran down her spine, causing a few strands of fur to stick up in retroactive terror at the thought. She had faced a rat. A real, live rat. She could have died.

A few paces later in silence, she thought back to it again. The rat... had been a giant, but for a mouse. Rats were supposed to be so, so much larger, weren't they? The legends said they were, but in real life, it hadn't been as big as expected. Could that creature, so easily pierced by her papa's claws, be so hard to defeat? She voiced her questions to Pinepaw, hesitantly.

"Hmm," Pinepaw hummed thoughtfully. "They were..." he recalled the moment, "Maybe the legends are exaggerating. The warriors often do that, after all."

Lily hadn't ever met a rat before, and she wanted to take Pinepaw's words as the ultimate truth, so, so badly. That indeed, the adults had been exaggerating, conjuring up this legend and passing it down to scare the little kittens in their nests, to prevent them from slipping out to play at night. But something inside her, a niggling suspicion, told her that this legend, of all the others, was truly true.

The suspicion was confirmed at the clan meeting Lissi called that night. The two rats the patrol had caught earlier that day were passed around and examined, and a general feeling of foreboding and fear settled over the crowd.

"Today, we have come across an unprecedented incident. Rats were discovered in our forest, and their source in unknown. As you all know, we have never had rats in our lands before this. They have the potential to grow as big as a full grown warrior, with a thick pelt hard to pierce, and razor sharp claws. They are a top-level threat we must eliminate at once.

"The rats before you have dull pink eyes and are much smaller, though they are without a doubt rats. They are much bigger than mice, and their faces are contorted in a much more twisted shape, even in life. We have reason to believe that these are just the scouts, the weakest among the rats. Something might be wrong in the forest for even rats to appear and disrupt the peace, and we must all do our duty to keep both ourselves and our home safe. A long battle is ahead of us."

Lissi solemnly ended her speech and stepped off the leader's rock. Hal joined her at the front, and announced, "These rats are to be kept separate from the fresh-kill pile. We shouldn't let them contaminate our food. Patrols will be doubled starting tomorrow. I will be announcing arrangements in the warrior's den tonight."

Lily felt too scared to eat or sleep, but she forced a few bites down anyways. "I'm sure it'll all turn out alright," Pinepaw tried to comfort her.

"I know, Pineapple," she said, despite feeling otherwise. And though she was sure the stars were still shining bright, trying to reach her, her exhausted body didn't wake that night, and she fell into a deep slumber.

--

There were twelve cats gathered at the entrance of Lissidom's village the next morning. Lily scanned the faces quickly, and in addition to those in the regular patrol, she spotted other warriors, like Petra and Maisy and Valkyrie. The warriors were all exchanging greetings, and with her arrival, the group split into two patrols of six, and wishing each other luck, they set off, unsure of what the forest would have in store for them today.

[815 words]

Notes:
- feeding all 6 cats with 3x mouse (2 FP)
- I'm gonna dramatize the arrival of the rats since they aren't on the default prey list (I think XD)

Please credit my Toyhouse @LiLi041 for all designs!
~~~
Lissidom (Stars) | eNUF (Stars)
Colony Tracker (Storkies)
~~~
All trades welcome!
LiLi041

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

[0232.] viv's explore replies

Postby Vivika » Wed Nov 23, 2022 6:09 am

HOUSE OF THIEVES !!
    xxxxxxxxtaichi clan archive last post

Death to the monarchy, indeed.

Even the oaks, those weathered faces crinkled with age, seemed to agree. Like silent sentinels, they stood, branches lifted in an eternal salute. Or at least… that was how it once was. Perhaps during his father’s time. A father… he’d never known.

“My liege?”

His pace quickened, strides full and long, a bitter taste blooming on his tongue. Had those same trees been there during his father’s reign? Had their branches soared in the skies? Because now, those same branches slumped, their lifeblood sapped of strength. Leadened and weary, those lofty arms bowed low, caught in a falling downspiral. Engulfed by blades of swaying grass.

And he was running.

Running, running, running. Too many questions, too few answers. And all of it, he didn’t care enough to uncover. His name hung in the greedy gasp of the winds, a fading echo falling from another’s lips. But for now, he ignored it. Shedding his crown, his title, his snakeskin. For a taste of… something. Something real.

Sunlit dew tickled his paws, soft and sweet, as his paws pulled him to the oaks. Little critters roamed the grasses, their melody rippling through a field of starlight and sunshine, gold upon green. His claws dug into the softened earth, poised, as the song quieted to a hush. But one lone critter still crooned, lost in their own scuttling song, until their voice cracked upon the last note. A final, broken note… the last they'd ever squeal. (+2FP mouse)

An aged face peaked over his shoulder, prying, yet… kindly. Wrinkled with whorls, the face of a weary oak met his own. Silent, weary, yet still standing. And there, he let the quiet rush over his soul, settling, herding, directing.

Until a citrine twinkle glinted from above.

A crystal enveloped with an aura of fire hung, the light caught in the prism, flickering like a perishing firefly. It dangled just out of reach, twined around one of the last oak branches still raised to the skies.

With a grunt, he dug his claws in and climbed.

One paw in-front of the other, pull and repeat. And repeat, repeat, repeat. The whorled grooves pressed into his paws as he stretched, snagging the crystal around his claws. He had it. (+1 common edit)

A snap cracked, splintering the hush.

His claws kissed air, the whorled bark slipping like silk through his paws. Branches battered his descent, blow after blow, as he twisted, wincing as they snatched at him. There was no halting this fall. Slinging the crystal around his neck, he pivoted to land on his paws.

Prickled grass cushioned his fall… tainted crimson. Strange. His paw found his shoulder, a late wince catching in his throat. (-5% health for benji ─ no herbs or rest needed for him to continue patrolling!)

“My liege?” A soft pant broke the silence. Lo. His jade eyes widened, jaw parting. “What did you─ you’re… injured.”
    xx

────────────────────────────────────────────

✦ hunger (+10% hunger for each patroller; fed!)
        xx↳ benji (10% hunger), locenhai (10% hunger)

✦ health stats
        xx↳ benji (95% health)

✦ xp earnings (death opt in; no)
        xx↳ +80XP for writing, +10XP for patrol sent
        xx.x+2XP for prey, +1XP for item
        │││││
        │││
        ✦ patrol's prey & herb finds
        xx↳ +2FP mouse, +no herbs </3

✦ item finds
        xx↳ +1 common edit

✦ levels
        xx↳ +93XP → level 1 (243/200XP) → level 2 (43/300XP)

congrats! you've reached level two & earned an additional +1FP (your choice), +1 herb (your choice) and +1 common edit!
      xxxx✦ notes; n/a! <3

Vivika

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby kyeza » Fri Nov 25, 2022 6:08 am

for jadeclan! finally gonna give this a go ^^

I'm picking my own!
    new prey:
    1fp | scraps, insects, small fish
    2fp | small rodent, lizard, frog
    3fp | small bird, squirrel
    4fp | large fish, rabbit, snake
    5fp | large bird, opossum, deer
    new predators:
    fox, coyote, bird of prey, badger, bear, wolf
    Would you like your current inventory converted to the new prey list? n/a
Last edited by kyeza on Tue Apr 02, 2024 8:04 am, edited 2 times in total.
    ky xx she/they ♡

th | stars | fr | pce

it's 3:45 (AM!)
kyeza

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

❄ ── 008.

Postby echo into void » Fri Nov 25, 2022 8:14 am

── SNOWCLAN
─────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────
last explore post; xxxxxxxxxxxxxlast response; xxxxxxxxxxxxxopted in to death; xxx
─────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────

↳ level two;
    ‣ 9/300
    ↳ cats on patrol;
    darkfire ◦ she/her ◦ hunger: 10% ◦ health: 85% ◦ sick: no
    ↳ items used;
    ‣ dock ◦ soothes scratches ⤅ x1
    ↳ active quests;
    ‣ none

─────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────

prey;
    ‣ scraps ◦ 1FP ⤅ x3
    ‣ bugs ◦ 1FP ⤅ x2
    ‣ mouse ◦ 2FP ⤅ x1
    herbs;
    ‣ stinging nettle ◦ helps with wounds ⤅ x1
    ‣ juniper berries ◦ soothes bellyaches ⤅ x1
    ‣ lavender ◦ cures fever and chills ⤅ x1
    ‣ lambs ear ◦ gives strength ⤅ x1
    ‣ lovage ◦ help cure coughs ⤅ x1
    ‣ mallow leaves ◦ cures bellyache ⤅ x1
    ‣ mint ◦ hides scent of death ⤅ x1
    ‣ borage leaves ◦ brings down fevers ⤅ x1
    ‣ dried oak leaf ◦ stops infection from setting in ⤅ x1
    ‣ coltsfoot ◦ eases breathing or kitten-cough ⤅ x1
    ‣ sweet-sedge ◦ eases infection ⤅ x1
    ‣ ragwort ◦ treats aching joints ⤅ x1
    ‣ poppy seeds ◦ helps with sleep ⤅ x1

darkfire is aching. her body is sore. she didn't expect that rogue to pounce on her so quickly. she begins to wonder about them. they had a fish in their mouth, and immediately attacked her. they must be scared and alone. she feels bad for them. she wonders if they would want to join snowclan. she probably won't ever see them again, though.

she lets the thoughts go as she slowly heads back to camp. she just wants to curl up and sleep.

[ 83 words ]

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
echo (they/them)
snowclan wermz
the sanctuary
currently: why so hot
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
x
echo into void

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

mothclan // preds + prey

Postby eldritch hound » Sun Nov 27, 2022 2:06 pm

these are for mothclan !!

I'm picking my own!
    new prey:
    scraps, bugs, small bird eggs | 1 fp
    mice, voles, shrews | 2 fp
    minnows, trouts, carp | 3 fp
    red and grey squirrels | 3 fp
    rabbits and hares | 4 fp
    ravens, crows, blackbirds | 4 fp
    birds of prey (eagles, kites + buzzards) | 5 fp

new predators:
    1. european badger
    2. red fox
    3. loose dogs
    4. grass snakes + adders
    5. birds of prey (white tailed/golden eagles, red kites and (honey) buzzards)

Would you like your current inventory converted to the new prey list? n/a

I want to risk death!
    Username: angel bugs + 810901
    Clan link: mothclan

I'm not sure if I need to opt-in to death for my second clan but I will anyway ^^
      (edited because I forgot to add the death in the first post)
Last edited by eldritch hound on Mon Nov 28, 2022 5:05 am, edited 1 time in total.
eldritch hound

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby unohdettu.lupaus » Mon Nov 28, 2022 2:05 am

as he woke up from his dream only to see a ghostly crow with crimson eyes standing over ferret.. he couldn't help but get shivers as the crow turned to stare at him but as he blinked the crow was gone.. “what..?” he whispered to himself as he shook his head
<what did i just see?..what was that? why did i see it?> his thoughts ran through his head <it couldn't be because of me leaving the clan…could it? Starclan surely wouldn't haunt me for my decisions…right?> he thought as he shuffled his front paws a little..

“ *yawn* huh?..sparrow? are you alright? ” tinysplash asked as they were woken up by sparrow shuffling around next to them

“Oh did i wake you up? I'm so sorry if i did” sparrow apologized as he looked at tinysplash

“don't worry about waking me up, its fine! but you didn't answer my question, did you have a nightmare?” tinysplash asked as they stretched themselves a little

“y-yeah..something like that” he said as he looked over at the dens entrance “oh! the sun is already rising!” he said in a more happy tone as if he was trying to distract himself from his thoughts
“we should start waking the others up before the sun rises completely, the morning is the best time to hunt around here!” he said as he sat up and stretched his front paws before he went over to the entrance popping his head out of the small hole in the ground “ill go ahead and look around” he said as he walked out of the den
as he trotted around the place scouting the territory for anything that seemed weird or out of place, the leaves on the trees were falling down to the ground little by little,they were pretty oranges,reds and yellows, he couldn't help but stop to feel the gentle breeze go past him ruffling up his fur, as the breeze disappeared he continued walking,the forest seemed more beautiful than it was yesterday.. As he listened to the birds singing he saw something on the ground, it was glowing..as he walked closer he noticed that it was a trail of pawprints..but they seemed to be made of stars..as he sniffed around he couldn't find any unusual scents..

“What does this mean?.. Am I seeing things again?”
he talked to himself as he rubbed his eyes with his paw but the pawprints made of stars didn't disappear like the crow had done..something was telling him to follow the pawprints..he took a deep breath before he started walking then trotting and finally running after the pawprints

as he ran he could feel something watching him, causing him to get shivers but he still continued following the trail,running through the forest into a clearing that held the ruins of an ancient building, as he slowed down he hear someone speaking “the ruins are not where you belong…” a soft and echoing voice spoke

he stopped on his tracks “ what? What does that mean?!” he asked confused..

the fallen leaves around the ruins started moving, creating a spiral five tail lengths away from him

“what is happening? who are you?!” he yelled confused and scared

“you were born within the ruins…but that's not where you belong..worry not..you are not alone on your journey and never will be. you and the raven. have to save the stars from the dark mist from the ruins” the voice echoed as the leaves created an image of an raven,sparrow flying within stars before the leaves fell back into the ground and the stones of the old ruins

“what do you mean by dark mist? and ruins? where do i find this “raven” ?”
he asked but no answer was given..he was confused about what had just happened but before he could think more of it he heard tinysplash calling his name

“sparrow? sparrow?! where are you?” they called out, looking for any signs of sparrow

“tinysplash!” he meowed happily as he looked down from top of the small hill where the ruins were, he trotted quickly towards them

“sparrow! why didnt you tell me and the others where you were going? we have been looking for you everywhere! its nearly sundown!” tinysplash said in a concerned voice

“wha- i could have been gone for so long- the sun cant be going down already-” he interrupted himself as he noticed it was actually nearly sundown..he had been gone for nearly the whole day..but it didnt feel like he had been gone for such a long time

“Have you hit your head into something? you have been gone for the whole day, me and the others were getting very worried…and besides why did you come so far away?” they asked sparrow

“...i just lost track of time, i was in my thoughts so i walked here by accident” he replied as he sighed and looked back at the small hill before he turned back to tinysplash

“let's get going back..its gonna be dark when we get back if we don't get going now” tinysplash said before they started walking back the way they had came

“i'm so sorry i caused such a worry for you and the others..” he said as he walked after tinysplash

“It's fine as long as you're alright!” tinysplash said with a small smile

[892 words]

-- cats on patrol

Tinysplash | they/them | HP 80% | HUP 50% | Sick: No

sparrow/ sparrowpaw | he/him | HP100% | HUP 10% | Sick: N

-- custom predators / prey
No
-- level4
experience:330/500
-- items in inventory used

-- active quests:

opted in to death?
no
-- inventory
scraps | 1 FP | x5
Bugs| 1 FP | x3
Mouse | 2 FP | x6
Small fish | 2 FP | x2
Squirrel | 3 FP | x5
Rabbit | 3 FP | x4
Eagle | 5 FP | x2
Owl| 4 FP | x1
Bird| 4 FP | x1

Ragwort | x2
Mallow leaves | x1
Chickweed| x1
Blackberry leaves| x1
Honey| x2
Chamomile| x1
Catchweed| x2
Daisy leaf| x1
Wild garlic| x2
Holly berries | x1
Borage leaves| x1
Lungwort | x2
Dandelion | x2
Cobwebs | x1
Alder bark | x1
Sweet sedge | x1
elder leaves| x1

unohdettu.lupaus

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby ArtMajor » Mon Nov 28, 2022 4:08 am

b r e a kImage
b r e a k
xxxxxxxxxxx

xxxxxxxxxxx
b r e a k s p a c e r
b r e a k s p a c e r
b r e a k s p a c e r
b r e a k s p a c e r

b r e a k s p a c e r
b r e a k s p a c e r
b r e a k s p a c e r
b r e a k s p a c e r

░░
░░
░░
░░
░░
░░
░░
░░
░░
░░
░░
░░
░░
░░
░░
░░
░░
░░
░░
░░
░░
░░
░░
░░
░░
░░
░░
░░
░░
░░
░░
░░
░░
░░
░░
░░
░░
░░
░░
░░
░░
░░
░░
[ smokestar's pov ]
His leg burned. Even as Tideblossom carefully wrapped fronds around his leg, to
keep sand from getting into his wounds, Smokestar couldn't help the pride that echoed
in his chest. Even as his leg twitched when his son's paws pressed a bit too firmly against
the injury, Smokestar was smiling. Across the medicine den, the combined purrs of
Stainedfeather and Mochaswirl could be heard, the mates having been near inseperable
since the patrol's return to camp. Tideblossom had reported that the kits should be
born without complication. Although the twoleg trap had snapped against parts of
Mochaswirl's belly, she was early enough along that Tideblossom believed the kits
would, at the least, not be stillborn. Nightpaw, the little spirit who aided Tideblossom,
had spoken with the ancestors, and they all confirmed that no new kit spirits had
been added to their ranks.

Dawnflower had also been raising spirits in her own way, warm whispers trailing
her as she moved around camp, giggling whispers and mentions of soft lights that
sparkled through her fur. Smokestar had heard from Falconflight that the "gods of
the skies" had blessed her. Smokestar wasn't entirely sure what to think of Falcon
flight, but the tom's raspy voice did nothing to hide his bubbling personality, and
having an extra warrior during this war against the rogues was certainly welcome.

Tideblossom's movements stopped, and Smokestar flicked his ear, turning his head
to sniff at the leaves wrapped around his leg. "You got off lucky" Tideblossom
said, his scent drifting further away as he went to put away his herbs. "Just
don't let any sand get into it, but you should be able to bear weight on it."

Smokestar nodded, hearing the implied order, and pushed himself upright. For
a heartbeat, he kept his leg lifted, before pressing it onto the stone slab the
healing den had been build on. There was a small twinge of pain that made
him wince, but after a moment it dulled into a sore ache. Tideblossom's
scent, mint and wet earth, came closer again, and he could feel his son's
whiskers brushing against his leg. "It'll be sore," Tideblossom said - Smoke
star flicked his ear, having quite figured that out already - "but unless
it gets worse, you won't need any herbs."

"Good." Smokestar said, stretching out his front legs, letting his claws
extend and scrape against the rock. "I'm going out again, we need to
make sure that the rest of them won't come back."

A low rumble growled from the other end of the den. "They'd better
not" Stainedfeather hissed. Mochaswirl murmured something too
low for Smokestar to catch, but it soothed her mate. Smokestar
smiled slightly, but he made his way out of the den, expression turning
serious again.

"Tumblecreek, Sandwhisper, Coppertwist, Falconflight, Dawnflower,
with me!"

▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

[ word count ]

↳ 466 words
cats on patrol [6/6]
smokestar (he/him) | 95%HP
↳ Healthy | 30% HUP |
tumblecreek (he/him) | 100% HP
↳ Healthy | 20% HUP |
sandwhisper (she/her) | 100% HP
↳ Healthy[born blind] | 20% HUP |
dawnflower (she/her) | 100% HP
↳ Healthy | 20% HUP |
falconflight (he/him) | 100% HP
↳ Healthy | 0% HUP |
coppertwist (he/him) | 100% HP
↳ Healthy | 0% HUP |

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

[ actions taken ]

↳ claimed x1 cobweb, x1 thyme
and x1 small fish from level up
↳ the patrol swaps out
[ items used ]
↳ none
[ other ]
↳ none

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
b r e a k s p a c e r
b r e a k s p a c e r
b r e a k s p a c e r

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

░░░░░░░░░░
xxxxxxxx
level
↳ 3 [ 089/300 xp ]

xxxxxxxx
░░░░░░░░░░
xxxxxxxx
active quests
↳ none [ info ]

xxxxxxxx
░░░░░░░░░░
xxxxxxxx
asst. info
opted
into death
no custom food

xxxxxxxx
░░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
xxxxxxxxxxxxx
inventory
prey
↳ scraps | 1 FP | x4
↳ small fish | 2 FP | x1
↳ water vole | 2 FP | x0
↳ shrew | 2FP | x1
↳ frog | 3 FP | x1
↳ prey | 3 FP | x0
↳ rabbit | 4 FP | x1
↳ owl | 4FP | x1
↳ vulture | 5FP | x2

herbs pt. 1
↳ bindweed | x1
↳ blackberry leaves | x1

xxxxxxxxxxxxx
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
xxxxxxxxxxxxx
inventory cont.
herbs pt. 2
↳ cobweb | x1
↳ comfrey root | x1
↳ dandelion | x1
↳ daisy leaf | x1
↳ deathberries | x1
↳ fennel x2
↳ horsetail | x2
↳ mint | x1
↳ thyme | x1
↳ watermint | x1

xxxxxxxxxxxxx
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
──────────────────────────────────────
artmajor ✧ she/her ✧ graphic design student

mainly here to stalk the art boards but I
may wander around the rest too, see you
if I see you

toyhou.se
──────────────────────────────────────
ArtMajor

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

[0233.] viv's explore replies

Postby Vivika » Mon Nov 28, 2022 12:06 pm

TRIBE OF FORGOTTEN PAST !!
    xxxxxxxelliott. clan archive last post

Today, the quiet just seemed… restless.

A troubled and unsettled creature, wound up so tight almost as if it were holding its breath, waiting for something to break. Or perhaps it was just… them. Maybe they were preoccupied. Wolfprowl, perhaps?

Under the soft glow of the skies, their paws glided across the damp earth. Fresh greens and florals lingered, braided into the breeze. Their strides propelled them forward, soaring under shadows of redwood trees and bounding over sprawling roots. until they arrived.

The riverbank rushed, a gentle melody weaving through the silence. An indecipherable, sweet fragrance trailed and fresh holes marked the grounds, a remnant from the past patrol. A few lone pieces remained, snared between the thistles of a forgotten bush next to the banks. (+1FP scraps, +1FP scraps, +1 goatweed, +1 water hemlock)

But there was something else.

Their eyes narrowed. The musky stench of the travelling bear tainted the bush, but… that wasn’t it. There was something else about the stench. Something wild and feral, anxiety twisted between the two. Desperate. It seemed desperate. Terribly desperate. The way a━

The soft curls at the back of their neck spiked as that fainter fragrance prickled their nose once more. They stumbled out from the thistle bush, nose pressed to the earth, inhaling deeply.

Faint… but it was there. The scent of sweet milk belonging to a nursing cub. A lost cub… with a frantic, desperate mother seeking him out. A mother likely roaming the territory. And if their nose served them right, tribe territory. (a bear [predator] has been scented upon tribe territory!)

They needed to warn the others.

✦✦✦

Faster, faster, faster.

Their paws barely touched the grounds, a soundless rhythm as they streaked through the forest, bounding over roots and weaving through redwoods. But the beat of their heart resonated in their ears, a fickle, restless thing that betrayed them. It was too quiet. Far too quiet.

And they were still too far.

Through the branches, the skies burned, a crimson flame set on conquest. It blotted out the cerulean of the skies, snuffing it out. And breaking from the heights of the redwoods, a discordant note of a mockingbird jeered at them. Almost like it knew. Like it knew what was to come… and how it would end.

Faster, faster, faster.

Wolfprowl. Steady, stoic Wolfprowl. All that training, the unrelenting ambition, that brutal honesty… he would have known and warned the clan without holding back the punches. Surely

"No!"

A choked growl cut through the woods, fading.

They were too late.
    Too late.
    Too late.

Faster, faster, faster. The mockingbirds jeered, their song full-blown in the treetops, but it seemed dulled as if they’d been submerged beneath rushing waters. But it didn’t matter, because only one thing did.

Their chest ached, burning, as they broke through the bushes.

✦✦✦

The beast’s head whipped around.

And those eyes bore into theirs. Deep and dark like a void. An empty abyss that shattered even the brightest of stars. In the firelit skies, the bear’s eyes flashed. For just a fleeting snatch of a second, there was a flash of hope. Of hesitant longing.

Then, it was gone. Raised on powerful hind legs, the bear’s head tipped back. A thunderous roar split the silence, mournful and hollow. A mother yearning for a lost cub.

To the side, movement flickered. Wolfprowl. The knot in their stomach loosened a touch. Curls plastered against his head and disoriented, he stood… not too far from the bear. He leaned against the redwood, a low growl in his throat. But that look in his eyes, so foreign and anguished…

Their gaze dropped.

To the bear. To the limp form caged between those hooked claws. A form still struggling, still fighting, even pinned to the ground. Bearleaf. His dark curls matted and stained like a fragile doll that had fallen on a highway, drenched by oil-dredged beasts.

For a second, their eyes met. Soft jade greens meeting theirs for one fracturing second. He managed a weary grin like a soldier’s on a battlefield. That sweet, sweet grin… reassuring, but never without that intelligent spark. Knowing.

Another roar ripped through the woods.

The bear came down on all fours, the grounds trembling as the shock rippled out. With a sharp jerk, the beast’s jaws clamped around Bearleaf, flinging him far. Sending him crashing against a redwood.

Their voice was raw, barely a whisper. “Bearleaf.”

They were too late.
    Too late.
    Too late.

The bear left, lumbering. In search of her lost cub.
    Wolfprowl lurched forward, shaking. They’d never seen him like that.
    The mockingbirds jeered, taunting. Faster, faster, faster, faster, faster, faster━

Panting, they reached Bearleaf’s side. Wolfprowl stood over him, head low. Their tongue failed, words lost to them, but they collapsed on the soft earth and leaned close towards the crumpled soul, nose touching his shoulder.

He wasn’t breathing.

No, no, no━ but his eyes. His eyes were open. And they soaked in it, those soft jade eyes. Eyes that always twinkled with starry light, matching that sweet, charming grin. But this time there was no grin. Dulled, glassy eyes met theirs, the crimson flame of the skies reflected in his gaze.

But the real light, the true light… had already left his eyes. (+1 star's greetings)

Bearleaf has died! All restrictions regarding death now apply to this kitty, unless a
    revive item is used (remember that you do have one from opting-in)! </3

If you'd like to revive him, make sure to fill out a "used item form" in the archives
    and drop a quick note in your next explore post to let a writer know! ✦

✦ In the meantime, the bear [predator] is still present on tribe territory! While they seem to have left the
    vicinity, their scent hangs heavily in the winds. Does the patrol confront the bear or let them be? ✦

xx

✦ hunger (+10% hunger for each patroller)
        xxbearleaf (10% hunger), wolfprowl (10% hunger), robincall (10% hunger)

✦ health stats
        xx↳ tinypebble (100% health), cloudbelly (100% health; not sick!)

✦ xp earnings (death opt in; yes)
        xx↳ +130XP for writing, +20XP for patrol sent, +40XP for healing injuries
        xx.x+20XP for healing sickness, +4XP for prey, +4XP for herbs

✦ patrol's prey & herb finds
        xx↳ +1FP scraps, +1FP scraps
        xx.x+1 goatweed, +1 water hemlock

✦ item finds
        xx↳ +1 star's greetings

✦ levels
        xx↳ +218XP → level 2 (408/300XP) →
        xxxxlevel 3 (108/400XP)

congrats! you've reached level three & earned an additional +2FP (your choice), +1 herb (your choice) and +1 nr myo!
      xxxx✦ notes; n/a! </3

Vivika

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me