Forum rules
Reminder: Copying another person's art without permission to reproduce their work is a form of art-theft!
Click here to see the full Art Rules!

Re: Stars V.2 • Explore

Postby Sinful_Lies » Sat Jul 31, 2021 9:44 pm

Cedarclan
[url]Last Explore Post[/url] | [url]Last Response Received[/url]
Leaving this blank atm
[ 0 words ]

--cats on patrol
Hawkstar | HP 100% | HUP 0% | Sick: N
--level 0
experience: 0

--inventory
empty
--items in inventory used
N/A
-- active quests:
N/A
I'm picking my own!
new prey:
Salamander | 1FP
Frog | 2FP
Wrens | 2FP
Mink | 3FP
Hares | 3FP
River Otter | 4FP
Owl | 4FP
new predators:
1. Lynxes
2. Owls
3. Wolverines
4. Wolves
Would you like your current inventory converted to the new prey list? Yes

xx│ She/Her │ xx
Semi Active
PFP made by faded_dreams11 and Sig art by aortic

FRKalons
Sinful_Lies

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby nightshyne » Sat Jul 31, 2021 11:08 pm

═══════════★═══════════

I'm picking my own!
    new prey:
    1FP || small rodent
    2FP || small bird, small fish, squirrel
    3FP || wild/domestic chicken, heron, seagull
    4FP || raven, duck, rabbit, large fish
    5FP || hawk, cavy, owl
    new predators: [in rarity order]
    foxes
    jackals
    wild boar
    wolves
    panthers
    dragons
    Would you like your current inventory converted to the new prey list? n/a, no inventory

--------

I want to risk death!
    Username: myr
    Clan link: new moon court

═══════════★═══════════

last post ★ last response
level 0 ★ 0/100 experience
first free post

pixel cat lineart by chewzers @ da

x
    Image Image
    Image Image

★ leafstrike | cs | th | hp 100% | hup 0% | sick: n
★ rainfall | cs | th | hp 100% | hup 0% | sick: n
★ lightfur | cs | th | hp 100% | hup 0% | sick: n
★ greyscar | cs | th | hp 100% | hup 0% | sick: n
prey inventory
empty

herb inventory
empty

items used
none

current quests
none

═══════════★═══════════

word count: 518 words

Leafstrike rolled out of her moss pile and onto the dirt with a grunt. Normally, her mate Rainfall would be there to stop her, but without his presence, she knew she would have to do more cleaning than usual later. She didn’t know how long she’d been asleep for, but she was almost certain that Rainfall had allowed her to sleep in instead of sending her on the morning patrol. Leafstrike sighed. He cared about her more than he probably should. As Claw, he certainly shouldn’t be favouring his mate; not forcing her to awake early like the rest of the camp. She loved him and appreciated his gestures, sure, but sometimes it made her feel like a lesser member of the Court. His title didn't need to, and especially shouldn't, impact her ability to help the Court thrive.

Shoving her thoughts aside, she walked out of the scale’s den. Despite the warmth of greenleaf, the mornings were still tainted with the frost of leaf-bare, especially when considering the fact that the Court’s camp is located inside a small cave system. She greeted the cats sharing morning tongues by the fresh kill pile, particularly interested in the Honeyheart triplets. The missing apprentice was Stormpaw; Leafstrike’s own. She questioned the three on their sibling’s location, but none knew exactly where they had gotten to. The sight of Rainfall padding towards her drew her attention away from the children.

“Did you purposely not wake me this morning?” There was a tang of bitterness in her words, causing the tom to shuffle his paws.

He briefly cleared his throat. “I’m sorry, my lady. You looked so peaceful this morning, I didn’t want to disturb you,” Leafstrike flicked her tail in his general direction.

“Don’t my lady me. You know I shouldn’t get special treatment for being your mate,” Her heart panged at the crestfallen cat. She probably shouldn’t have snapped. She purred and nuzzled her head into his shoulder. “You absolute cheesebrain. I understand why you do it, but you don’t have to,” The action seemed to calm Rainfall down. The two stayed together for a moment in silence, though both could hear the giggling of the apprentices, knowing that they were talking about them.

“Blazestar wants us to head to the Ruins. Apparently some of the Village Cats have been straying too far past the river and he wants us to sort it out,” The Claw said as Leafstike pulled her head away. “I think we should take Lightfur and Greyscar. The four of us don’t get to spend as much time together as we used to,” The she-cat nodded in agreement. Rainfall quickly ducked off in search of the other cats, leaving Leafstrike to take a moment to eat. The Village Cats probably didn’t mean to cross the border, but it could lead to being a big issue if it didn’t go unchecked. At the sight of the rest of the patrol, she abandoned her half-eaten bird for someone else to take.

The four quickly shared a few words, and headed out of the cave and into the forest.
nightshyne

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

▸ mesaclan explore 02.

Postby nio » Sun Aug 01, 2021 12:08 am

”Oh, cheesesticks!”
The group of cats spun around to face their guard, a varying array of confused faces. Ironbark, the guard, immediately became flustered with all the eyes on them.

“What?!” Ironbark shuffled their paws in the sand.

“What sticks?” Moonshine blinked. “What the stars did you just say?”

“Cheese… sticks. It’s uh, a twoleg food. I just remembered how much I loved them.” The cat chucked nervously. They often spoke of their previous life as a kittypet, but it always seemed to fluster them. “Sorry, guys, back to your hunting. Don’t mind my reminiscing.”

The cats broke apart, each going off on their own way to hunt. Cottontail lagged back, shuffling his paws and staring at Ironbark from under his bangs. Ironbark locked eyes with him.

“Hi, Cottontail, need something?” The guard asked softly. The white cat hesitated, then shook his head before dashing off.

“Well, okay then.” Ironbark shrugged to themself and went to find a vantage point to watch over the hunters.

[ # 165 words]

▸ cats on patrol
Ironbark | HP 100% | HUP 10% | Sick: Y/N
Gilabite | HP 100% | HUP 10% | Sick: Y/N
Moonshine | HP 100% | HUP 10% | Sick: Y/N
Cottontail | HP 100% | HUP 10% | Sick: Y/N
▸ level 2
experience: [257/300]

▸ inventory
tarantula | 1FP | x0
snake | 2FP | x0
lizard | 2FP | x1
roadrunner | 3FP | x1
rabbit | 3FP | x0
large bird | 4FP | x0

holly berries | usage | x01
▸ items in inventory used
n/a
▸ active quests:
n/a
nio

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Hush » Sun Aug 01, 2021 2:59 am

Clan of the Forgotten Hollow

Last reply

Not noticing the rogue the Clan of Roaring Silence’s patrol continued on, though one let out a sneeze “ah… cheese!” The sneeze spooking the rogue into running directly into the path of a patrol in the Clan of the Forgotten Hollow’s territory. Unlike them who would readily welcome anyone who wished to join and wouldn’t attack a fleeing frightened rogue, the territorial clan would gladly, to send a message to stay clear off their land.

The fierce yet collected Wolfstar was leading the patrol, accompanied by Cerberuspaw who had returned home that morning after poisoning Badgerstar. The apprentice looked nervous being so close to the boarder so soon after the acts he committed for his mother. Though even if he was nervous he was a capable hunter and was brought along to test his skills, the clan’s false understanding of what happened to him being he was stolen by the old medicine cat and given to his lover rogue since he was still devoted to StarClan and couldn’t have kits of his own. Wolfstar welcomed the apprentice back, though knowing the previous weak willed medicine cat, he was a bit suspicious of the story.

Along with Cerberuspaw, Lilyheart was there to supervise, maintaining her sweet facade until provoked and then she was vicious and cruel. Behind them was the mute Carrionhead and the hardened Adderpelt, eager for a fight. Flanking the group was Goldeneye, calm and collected as she had the best eyes and stayed in the back to relay what she spotted to the rest.

As the rogue approached, the got into formation, making it clear she wouldn’t escape unscathed, though they wouldn’t kill her, even if Lilyheart wanted to, she wasn’t hunting on their land and didn’t attack first so they still had some moral obligation to StarClan.

[ 300 words]

xx--cats on patrolxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx--level 2 xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxExperience: (207/300 EXP)
xxxxxxxx_______________________________________________xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx___________________
Wolfstar | HP 100% | HUP 0% | Sick:N
Lilyheart | HP 100% | HUP 0% | Sick: N
Cerberuspaw | HP 100% | HUP 0% | Sick: N
Carrionhead | HP 100% | HUP 0% | Sick: N
Adderpelt | HP 100% | HUP 0% | Sick: N
Goldeneye | HP 100% | HUP 0% | Sick: N

Any items used this post (or eaten)
ex. food, herbs, explore items
N/A
--predators:
Hawks, Owls
Foxes, Coyotes, Dogs, Wolves
Cottonmouth’s, watersnakes
Badger, Bears

-- Prey
Mice, rats, shrew, vole
Moles, squirrels, snakes
Fish of varying sizes, frogs
Various birds, rabbits

-- active quests:
None

--inventory

Minnow | 1 FP | x1
Shrew | 2 FP | x1
Mouse | 2 FP | x1
Squirrel | 2 FP | x1
Small Hawk | 4 FP | x2
Hawk | 5 FP | x1
Rabbit | 5 FP | x2

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Bright-eye | Mix with lovage to help cure coughs. | x1 Burnet | tba | x1
Catchweed | Stops poultices from being rubbed off without hurting the skin. | x1
Chervil | For infected wounds and bellyache, respectively. | x1
Coltsfoot | Eases breathing or kitten-cough, as well as cracked or sore pads. | x1
Daisy | Eases the pain of aching joints. | x1
Deadly Nightshade | death | x1
Dried Oak Leaf | Stops infection from setting in. | x1
Foxglove seeds | Tba. | x1
Holly Berry | Tba. | x1
Lamb’s Ear | Gives a cat strength. | x1
Lungwort | Cures yellowcough. | x1
Mallow Leaves | Soothes bellyache. | x2
Marigold | Tba. | x1
Stinging Nettle | Tba. | x1
Thyme | Calms nervousness, anxiety, and cats who are in shock. | x1
Watermint | Eases the suffering that originates from a bellyache. | x1
Wintergreen | Treats wounds and some poisons. | x1
Yarrow | Tba. | x1

x
x
x
x
x
x

╔══════════════╗
xxImage
* id #256165
* Pantry Puffs
* Art shop
* Toyhouse
╚══════════════╝
xxxxart credit*stamp credit
Hush

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby mialovesbunnies » Sun Aug 01, 2021 3:23 am

Eternal Clan

I'm picking my own!
new prey:
Bugs, scraps| 1FP
Small Rodents, Small Fish, Small Birds| 2FP
Doves, Seagulls, Pigeons. | 3FP
Large Fish, Ducks, Medium Birds. | 4FP
Falcons & Large Birds| 5FP
new predators:
Dogs, (common)
Foxes, (uncommon)
Badgers, (uncommon)
Wolves, (rare)
Would you like your current inventory converted to the new prey list? Yes

I'm afraid of losing my cats!
Username: mialovesbunnies
Clan link: eternal clan
might change this once my clan gets bigger.
mialovesbunnies

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Shiver Hohojiro » Sun Aug 01, 2021 10:54 am

Clan of the Sea Breeze
Last Explore Post | Last Response Received | Free Post 3 of 3
It has only been a few weeks since Heatherstar's arrival to the island, and still, he thinks from the top of the leader's rock, things are coming along well enough. Cats are returning to the island, if only a handful of them so far, the few who'd taken him up on his offer and believed in - something. He thinks, hopes, that as time goes by and their clan proves successful, more cats from the mainland will take interest in their way of life and join them.

For now, though, they are still small. Below him, Ravenmask emerges from the healer's den, eyes closed and mouth curled in a grin as he drops a bundle of herbs at Cinnamonbreeze's feet. Despite his closed eyes and near constant smile reminding him of the ghost of Sage Brush, Ravenmask isn't - can't be - a sage. Ravenmask had thought so himself, and Sage Brush had confirmed it; the black and white cat simply didn't connect to the ancestors in the way a sage was meant to. Few cats were born with the ability, and it was something that could not be taught. But a sage was just as important as a healer; cut off from communications with their ancestors, prophecies and signs could more easily be misinterpreted, or missed entirely. Future leaders would be unable to make the journey to receive their lives.

Slowly, his gaze drifts away. A shortage of healers and the absence of a sage weren't his only worries. For all his that he'd stated in the code about deputies, he's yet to find a cat to actually fill the role. The cats on the island were all young, inexperienced - and while he was certainly no exception, and he's sure the cats here would forgive a temporary bending of code, he still would like to see his first pick with an apprentice before actually giving them the role. But there are no apprentices, no kits in the clan, no expecting queens. No elders, only one messenger, two (formal) hunters - one of whom was also the healer.

Heatherstar shakes his head. It's still early. Their clan still has time for all these things.

It is only the beginning.

--

Down below, Ternfeather makes their way to the gathering of cats around the fresh kill pile, Medli perched on his shoulder. "Good morning," he says as he reaches them, stretching. There's a quiet mumbling reply of "morning" back at him from the other cats, a few of them lifting their heads and blinking bleary eyes in expectation. Everyone knows what Heatherstar expects from them one day.

It's a weirdly daunting thought, the idea of them becoming deputy. Ternfeather takes to it with a grace like a duck to water. "Nectarineswirl, Fudgefeather, Haywing. Morning Patrol, double duty of scouting and hunting. Take the woods side, there's usually more prey there. Hawkfeather-"

The tom gets up and leaves before Ternfeather can even finish, which makes the cat roll his eyes. He's sure Hawkfeather knows the side of the island he's supposed to patrol, and that he was being allowed to do it alone - but it still ruffles their fur that the tom couldn't even stay long enough for them to tell him that.

Meanwhile, the three on their main patrol have gotten into a... conversation. "...and then, once you've herded them into a corner, you can strike and kill a bunch at once! Bam! Cheesed it," says Fudgefeather, grinning proudly.

Nectarineswirl looks... less than impressed, both at the strategy (cornering prey was never a good idea), and... "What. What is cheese?"

"It's a human food," says Haywing, nonchalant, from where they're laying. "A human I met on the railways fed me a bit from his sandwich once. It tasted fine, but it made me feel ill."

"And it's a gaming term for accomplishing a goal in a way that's cheap, easy, and barely requires any skill to achieve a result that might otherwise be called difficult," Ternfeather adds. All three cats turn to look at him, Nectarineswirl and Haywing with confusion and Fudgefeather looking almost hurt. "...What? My twoleg kits used to play video games in front of me all the time. They payed more attention to the games than to me - of course I picked up a few things from it."

Nectarineswirl nods slowly. Haywing just kind of shrugs it off, finishing off their breakfast and standing with a stretch. Together, the three of them walk off, heading for the woods.

Ternfeather sits back down. Well. That wasn't so bad.
[ # 762 ]

--cats on patrol
Haywing | HP 100% | HUP 0% | Sick: N
Nectarineswirl | HP 100% | HUP 0% | Sick: N
Fudgefeather | HP 100% | HUP 0% | Sick: N
--level 1
experience: 45/200

--inventory
Scraps | 1 FP | x1

Coltsfoot | x2
Chamomile | x1
Alderbark | x1
n/a
-- active quests:
n/a
Image____________

__________Image
Princey/Arthur | He/Him | Art Shop

You are yourself. There's no one else you could be.

Sauceclan
| |
Shiver Hohojiro

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

✦ [005.] explore

Postby Vivika » Sun Aug 01, 2021 11:30 am

xword count; 560 words [cheese mentioned!]
    xtldr; A little reflection on Silverleaf's part about the loss of the rebellion's lead messenger! The two are interrupted by Sorrelpaw (an apprentice), who is on the search for mysterious 'three-legged cheese'. <33

The moment was bliss.

Silverleaf inclined her head, a soft smile curving her muzzle. Her advisor’s grin lit up the world. Her world. He was her rock, her lifeline, in a sea of darkness. And that monster of the seas, a demon cloaked in shadows, was threatening to swallow her whole.

She could still remember him. Arezo.

Those gold eyes seething with an unquenchable flame ─ a reckless passion that burned, refusing to be drowned out. No matter the stakes, no matter the cost. And his words. Words she’d never forget, purified with a fierce single-mindedness to the cause, razing anything that stood in the way. Crafted words. Never wasted, never idle.

He was unshakable loyalty and unyielding courage. He was reckless. Foolhardy and utterly dauntless. Impersonal to most ─ fleeting and transient. But he was real to her. Raw.

He was… a messenger. A leader. A friend. A brother.

And he was gone. Gone.

But if he were alive? Out there… somewhere?

No.

It was foolish to think. A foolish fantasy to drown out the darkening reality of the current situation. She couldn’t entertain it. Not while she still had so much to lose. While the clan had so much to lose. While a keystone of the rebellion was dead.

She forced a breath in, squeezing her eyes shut. One moment of weakness. Only one.

“I apologize.” She released a breath, concealing a shudder. Steady. “We should keep moving.”

Those soft green eyes said too much.

“Don’t.” He nudged her chin up. His touch was gentle. So utterly gentle. It was almost scorching. “Don’t apologize. You have nothing to apologize for.” He cleared his throat, offering a small nod towards her left. “I believe the patrol is─”

“Silverleaf?”

Her head lifted.

A certain apprentice rocketed out of a nearby bush as if summoned by lightning, her paws thundering across the ground, an unbidden crescendo rising from the earth. The she-cat skittered to a stop next to her, gazing up at her with wide eyes.

“Sorrelpaw.” A faint smile tugged at her muzzle. Her brows arched. “I see we may or may not need to brush up on some of those stealth moves.” She nosed the she-cat, lightly nuzzling her neck. “What’s the rush?”

“The three-legged cheese.” Sorrelpaw leaned forward, voice hushed. Her eyes gleamed, twinkling, in the sunlight. “The hunters are out looking for them. They swear it exists, but they haven’t seen one since last spring. They’re out looking, and I’m helping them!”

Echofall chuckled, kicking a pebble along the ground. “I see. Well, any luck?”

“No, but─”

“How about we help you look?” Silverleaf smothered a smile, fighting to keep the grin off her muzzle. The old tale had truly never died. Three-legged cheese appearing in the forest, but morphing back into prey, before the clan could even examine it. That particular patrol of hunters had sworn by the Stars, the seas and the skies that it existed. They had still yet to prove it.

But three-legged cheese or not, they still needed to find the hunters. And someone likely knew where they were at. Perhaps she’d… nudge them back towards finding some real prey as well. “We also need to talk to the hunters about… a certain matter. Do you think you could lead us there?”

A vigorous head nod was all the answer she needed.

▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅
          ┌──────────────┐

• THE PATROL •x

silverleaf | she/her | cs/th
          [100% health • 10% hunger • Not sick]x

echofall | he/him | cs/th
          [100% health • 10% hunger • Not sick]x

sorrelpaw | she/her | cs/th
          [100% health • 0% hunger • Not sick]x

catname | pronouns | page

└──────────────┘
          ┌──────────────┐

• EXPLORE INFO •x

level two | (10/300 XP)

items used | n/a

prey list | vole (1 FP) | lizard (2FP) |
          crab (2FP) | herring (3FP) | tuna (3FP)
          | squirrel (4 FP) | rabbit (4FP)

predator list | hawks | eagles |
          vultures | foxes

active quests | one | two | three

allow for death rolls | yes/no

notes | n/a! <33

└──────────────┘
<<────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────>>
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
┌──────────────┐

• PREY INVENTORY •x

vole (1 FP) | x3
lizard (2FP) | x1
crab (2FP) | x0
herring (3FP) | x1
tuna (3FP) | x2
squirrel (4 FP) | x0
rabbit (4FP) | x2
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

└──────────────┘
┌──────────────┐

• HERB INVENTORY •x

cobwebs | usage usage usage • x1
daisy leaf | usage usage usage • x1
fennel | usage usage usage • x2
yarrow | usage usage usage • x1
lovage | usage usage usage • x1
wild garlic | usage usage usage • x1
broom | usage usage usage • x1
mallow leaves | usage usage • x1
lavender | usage usage • x1

└──────────────┘
┌──────────────┐

• HERB INVENTORY •x

n/a

└──────────────┘
Last edited by Vivika on Tue Nov 09, 2021 2:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Vivika

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

[009.] ★ viv's explore replies

Postby Vivika » Mon Aug 02, 2021 4:28 am

CLAN OF ETERNAL SUN !
    user + clan link: mutatedcry + clan archive
    responding to: mutatedcry's last post
    xp stats: [opted-out for death rolls!]
    xx+15XP for writing, + 10XP for patrol sent
    xx+1XP for prey collected, +1XP for herbs found
    Golds and ambers collided, overlapping, chasing away the bleak greys of the night. Dawn had arisen, chasing out the night’s shadow with with the winds. The barest hint of the sun glimmered through the mountain peaks, daring a glance out over the horizon. Dawn was near.

And with it, the blistering heat of the desert savannah.

Coyotesun shook out his fur, steeling himself as the scorching winds roared to life around him, kicking up in a whirlwind of dirt and dust. His eyes narrowed, squinting against the stinging sands. Blast the winds. They just had to kick up. Now of all times.

He swung around a large, jagged rock, huddling behind it. It would provide shelter ━ at least until the winds died down.

Shoulders easing, he settled down, sprawling out in the mediocre shade. His paw sunk into the sand, brushing against… something. He lowered his head, carefully taking a step back and nosed the hole. A few scraps and a dark leaf was nestled beneath the rock, tucked underneath its base. (+1 scraps, +1 daisy leaf)

A caw from a lone bird pierced the morning silence.

His head lifted. The bird flew with a frantic frenzy, fleeing as if pursued by the ferocity of a vulture. Its sharp talons caught the edge of a cacti, before setting down, feathers thoroughly ruffled. Coyotesun tracked the creature as it perched atop the prickly plant, preening its feathers. What had startled it?

A faint shadow crawled through the sands, flickering as it wandered close.

He inched out into the open.

A tawny-furred she-cat ventured nearby, nose buried in the sands. Her coat hung in loose knots and tangles, figure scrawny, courtesy, perhaps, of braving the unyielding conditions of the desert lands. Her head lifted, jaw setting into a firm line as her jade eyes drifted to his. And holding it. Unflinchingly.

She wasn’t trespassing ━ barely close enough to the Shelter.
    But was she a threat?

She was a rogue, one cloaked with nerves of steel and guised intentions. One who lurked so close to home.

A rogue has been spotted! She hasn't been caught trespassing... or at least not yet.
    Does Coyotesun choose to confront the rogue or leave her alone to continue on his patrol?

totals;
    xx+0% hunger for each patrol cat! (two free posts left!)
    xxxx↳ coyotesun (0% hunger)

xx+27XP → level 0 (27/100XP)
    xx+1FP scraps
    xx+1 daisy leaf

notes; n/a! <3

──────────────────────────────────────────────────

SUNCLAN !
    The night was alive.

Stars spiralled overhead, strewn through the night skies. Glimmers of blues and silvers twinkled in the vast sea of galaxies above, a soft promise interwoven through the starry formations ━ one of peace. Tranquility.

Well, perhaps.

If not for the pale, ghostly silver of the moon’s glow that coated the sands, the black cloak of darkness overshadowing the lands, the moan of the night winds or that it was the most daring times to venture the lands… peace may be a possibility. For now, it was eerie. Almost chilling.

A clatter shattered the silence.

Flarestar’s ears swiveled, brows deepening into a furrow. Rocks. The clatter had to come from rocks. Small rocks… ones that tumbled over each other if disturbed. And it’d been disturbed recently.

His gaze flitted over his shoulder. Maplewish had fallen behind, trailing. Perhaps to cover more area. Either that or… the she-cat was distracted. But so quickly?

A light tap of a tail against his flank brought him back around, face-to-face with Applesnap. Her gaze was steady, holding a certain confidence as she offered a nod towards a rubble of rocks ahead.

The flash of a spiny tail disappeared underneath a rock.

Lizard.

Crouching low, he slunk forward, pawsteps silent against the sifting sands underpaw. The light-colored tail flashed again, skittering away from underneath the rock. As if spurred by an unseen cue, it darted forward, sprinting for a different spot under the rubble. He pounced, trapping the creature under his paws. (+3FP spiny-tailed lizard)

Applesnap quietly padded up beside him, offering a small nod. Her jaws parted━

Movement flashed ━ a blur streaking along the top of the rubble, making its escape.

The she-cat moved like lightning. Wordlessly, she scrambled up, jaws snagging around the skittish creature. Letting loose a small smile, she dropped a catch of her own beside her paws. (+3FP spiny-tailed lizard)

The soft swish of pawsteps signalled the approach of another.

Maplewish dipped her head in-greeting, her own quarry firmly within her jaws. Her eyes shone, dancing with a certain mirth. (+2FP jerboa)

“Hey, you mentioned something about trouble? Sometime earlier?” Maplewish’s shoulder lifted in a shrug. “Well, you may have jinxed it.” Her tail flicked, gesturing towards a dark form in the distance. A cat. One with broad shoulders and fur as dark as the night itself. “Over there… not too far from here. A tom, maybe? He isn’t too far from camp, but he isn’t trespassing either. Think he could be a threat?”

A loner lurks close in the desert savannah. He doesn't seem to pose a threat, nor is he trespassing.
    Or so it seems! Does the patrol confront this loner or leave him alone?

totals;
    xx+0% hunger for each patrol cat! (two free posts left!)
    xxxx↳ flarestar (0% hunger), applesnap (0% hunger), maplewish (0% hunger)

xx+38XP → level 0 (38/100XP)
    xx+3FP spiny tailed lizard, +3FP spiny tailed lizard, +2FP jerboa

notes; hello + welcome to explore! your writing is absolutely lovely and i'm really excited to write for your desert-based clan! <3

i noticed that you had multiple boxes set up for levels/xp! as a quick little head's up (since this isn't exactly stated clearly in this thread's front page, ahh), your cats don't actually level or gain experience as individuals. levelling and experience gained is all specific to use to you (the user)! you just need one box/spot for tracking levels/xp! make sure to also list your three cats as not sick (check no in the box)! ^^

apart from those two small things, everything looks absolutely perfect! if you have any further questions, my pms are always open ─ feel free to reach out at any time! <33

OCEAN CLAN !
    Little bugs skittered underneath her paws, easing a chuckle from Squirrelpaw. Ebony ants walked in a single line, each behind the other, weaving through the field grasses as they carried their own… catches? Some sort of leaf.

Where were they going?

Squirrelpaw tracked the tiny ants, following the long trail, looping around the patrol. “This way,” she mumbled, flicking her tail close. Maybe they found food? Ants were scavengers, right?

She raised her nose in the air, inhaling deeply.

A sweet fragrance lingered close, painting the air with its aroma. Flowers.
    The honey bee buzzing around confirmed it.

Her strides lengthened, cutting through the tall grass. She lifted her head, scanning the area. Her breath caught.

Oh.

Blossoms flecked with violet and mauve covered a nearby bush, twirling in the breeze. Delicate petals spiraled, dancing, as if spun by a silent melody. A lone bee hovered around, tracing figure eights above the small bush. Lavenders.

“These are so pretty,” she murmured. Her jaws closed around one, tugging it from the plant. (+1 lavender)

Her mentor smiled, lightly nudging her with his shoulder. "Already leading the patrol around, hmm? Last I recall, Waterquiver appointed a certain Brokenscar in charge of the patrol."

His gentle tease made her fur warm. She scuffed a paw along the ground. “I━”

The rustle of grass from nearby was an all-too welcome distraction. Puddlefern and Rosetta had returned, and with a catch of their own. (+3FP squirrel)

totals;
    xx+10% hunger for each patrol cat
    xxxx↳ brokenscar (20% hunger), puddlefern (20% hunger), rosetta (20% hunger), squirrelpaw (20% hunger)

xx+38XP → level 4 (308/500XP)
    xx+3FP squirrel
    xx+1 lavender

notes; n/a! <3

LAGOONCLAN !
    user + clan link: quirky; + clan archive
    responding to: quirky;'s last post
    xp stats: [opted-in for death rolls!]
    xx+20XP for writing, + 20XP for patrol sent
    xx+18XP for prey collected
    By the Stars, could that she-cat not keep her muzzle shut?

The resounding thud of a certain healer’s apprentice bouncing up and down beside her sent her ears pinning flat against her head. Kestrelspeck clenched her jaw, directing Goldenblossom a sharp look. Smokestorm had to be out of his mind, sending Goldenblossom with him. A healer’s apprentice no less.

Kestrelspeck flicked a tail at the she-cat’s flank. “Quiet, you. You’ll scare the prey away.” She released a light huff. “Here, just watch and learn━‌”

“I know how to hunt.” Her brows furrowed. “Did you see the squirrel I snagged earlier? It was━‌”

“I heard. I also saw you waving that red-tailed creature around like some━‌”

“It was a fine catch.” Her jaw set, those gold-amber eyes glinting with an unspoken challenge. Daring.

Kestrelspeck shrugged. Perhaps. But she could do far better. And far more.
    If she didn’t have to drag this sorry soul along with her.

She sniffed the air, tracing the faint metallic scent of blood. Prey had been hunted recently. Somewhere close. Tilting her head, she tracked the scent to the shady base of a tree. Quietly, she brushed a paw over the ground, unearthing a few lone scraps. (+1FP scraps)

“I heard something.” Goldenblossom shuffled close, pointing her nose ahead.“Rabbits, maybe. Is it─”

Kestrelspeck heaved a sigh, shaking her head. “It’s the rest of the patrol. They’re back.”

Smokestorm offered a wave with his tail in-greeting as he approached. “The gatherers couldn’t find any herbs, but they joined us to hunt down a few rabbits not too far from here. Fairly decent haul.” He provided a vague gesture to the prey in the Softpetal's and Sagefluff's jaws. His gaze settled on Kestrelspeck. “Is everything alright?” (+4FP rabbit, +4FP rabbit)

totals;
    xx+10% hunger for each patrol cat
    xxxx↳ kestrelspeck (50% hunger), smokestorm (50% hunger), sagefluff (20% hunger)
    xxxxolivebranch (20% hunger), softpetal (30% hunger), goldenblossom (20% hunger)

xx+58XP → level 2 (208/300XP)
    xx+4FP rabbit, +4FP rabbit, +1FP scraps

notes; n/a! <3

Last edited by Vivika on Tue Aug 10, 2021 1:03 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Vivika

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby ivyy. » Mon Aug 02, 2021 8:34 am

≋O≋c≋e≋a≋n≋ ≋C≋l≋a≋n
Last Explore Post | Last Response Received
Squirrelpaw and Brokenscar nodded to each other determinedly and buried their prey, "We should keep searching for prey and herbs whilst the forest light is still young. I'd say we have about two to three hours left of broad daylight." Everyone in the patrol nodded respectfully to their patrol leader, including young little Squirrelpaw. "Where to next, cap'n?" Brokenscar nudged her playfully, gesturing with his paw into the forest while the other two patrol members and their companions let out chitters as they communicated.
[ 84 words ]

--cats on patrol
Brokenscar | HP 100% | HUP 20% | Sick: N
Puddlefern | HP 100% | HUP 20% | Sick: N
Rosetta | HP 100% | HUP 20% | Sick: N
Squirrelpaw | HP 100% | HUP 20% | Sick: N
--level 4
experience: 308/500

--inventory
1x Scraps = 1 FP per
2x Squirrel = 3 FP per
1x Bird = 4 FP per
1x Vole = 2 FP per

1x Celandine ll 2x Deadly Nightshade ll 1x Daisy Leaf ll 1x Goatweed ll 5x Bindweed ll 3x Yarrow ll 2x Tansy ll 2x Blackberry leaves ll 3x Cobweb ll 1x Comfrey root ll 2x Elders Leaves ll 1x Broom ll 1x Ragwort ll 2x Mallow leaf ll 2x Mint ll 2x Goldenrod ll 3x Poppy seeds ll 1x Willow bark ll 1x Stinging nettle ll 1x Lovage ll 1x Hawkweed ll 1x Lamb's Ear ll 1x Holly Berry ll 1x Willow Leaf ll 2x Sorrel ll 1x Thyme ll 1x Burdock Root ll 1x Tansy ll 1x Catmint ll 1x Borrage Leaves ll 1x Lavender
-- items being used
none this post.
-- active quests:
[url=url link]quest #1[/url]
hi hi!! i'm ivyy. but you can call me isabella or bella <3

she/her - virgo - owner of two cats and three dogs - previous bun mom - animal enthusiast - equestrian

credit to iceycrushed for making my avatar for my use only <3
ivyy.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby dimi. » Thu Aug 05, 2021 10:04 am

Marking until I figure all this out!