My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Elenmorian Dragon 012-013

Postby Wolf Shadowstalker » Sun Nov 24, 2019 3:13 am

(So I got super inspired and wrote a whole bunch more in my notes for the plant (that may or may not be chosen) aside from the 200 words I have here whoooooops.)
username:
Wolf Shadowstalker

egg:

name:
Fornax

flora:
Forgevine
(Ipobretum fervens)

When stems of this plant are broken it secretes a sap acidic enough to slowly wear through stone and cause chemical burns on human skin. Many dragon species actually find the sap to be quite pleasant, providing a soothing balm that gently wears away at stubborn, itchy shedding scales, or keeps their skin temperature pleasantly warm during winter months.

The underside of the leaves are coated in fine, rusty-colored stinging hairs that, again, cause irritation when they come into contact with human skin. Fresh leaves are sought out by dragons to place over a hurt to numb pain, soothe an upset tummy, or just as a tasty snack.

During spring, when new growth is at its most vulnerable, Forgevine produces clusters of tiny yellow, orange, or red star-shaped flowers at each leaf node. The flowers give off a steady scent that is absolutely abhorrent to any dragon around. This is the plant’s most effective strategy against constant dragon predation, alongside its tendency to grow in tight, enclosed spaces that larger dragons have difficulty reaching.

Most humans can’t smell the nasty perfume, but an unlucky few have to suffer Forgevine’s immense popularity as both decoration and burglar deterrent.

(200/200 words)
ImageImage
ImageImage
Wolf Shadowstalker

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Bayfire213 » Sun Nov 24, 2019 5:13 am

username: klovesugar2
egg: 1
name: Ignēscō
flora:
      Known most commonly as the Flyaway plant, the peculiar flora possesses aspects of the family Cactaceae, and the genus Tillandsia, though would perhaps be better suited in a class all it's own.

The bulbous head of the plant serves to store emergency reserves, but beneath the thin layer of gelatinous substrate, the heart of the plant is hollow- an expanding sac in which hydrogen taken in from the surrounding atmosphere may fill to full, nearly nine times it's original size. This ballooning phenomenon grants the plant a semblance of pseudo-flight, thus earning the name, Flyaways.

Spindly roots common to Tillandsia take in needed nutrients and moisture from the air, allowing the plant to thrive in areas otherwise too nutrient poor to support any ground bound flora. While sensitive vines tie individual plants together to form large colonies, and react swiftly upon coming into contact with anything that may anchor them before the colony drifts into a less suitable biome, encasing assorted objects in sticky tendrils. Not everything they grab hold of is heavy enough to ground a colony, leading to the occasional relocation of small objects, including eggs.

Thriving on Rosohax, assorted varieties exist, from edible, to bioluminescent, to flowering.
[200/200]
Last edited by Bayfire213 on Wed Nov 27, 2019 3:43 am, edited 3 times in total.
Bayfire213

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Ravenshadow17 » Sun Nov 24, 2019 6:08 am

username: Ravenshadow17
egg:2
name: Embress
flora:

The Kırmızı vasi also known as the Red Guardian is a temperate red flowering plant that dragons seek out to nest in. The flower has the unique ability to emit the scents that are around it. It evolved this way because it's primary consumer is a blind mouse-like creature. By hiding it's scent by smelling like it's surroundings it can avoid being eaten. Dragons seek out this flower to nest in because the flower will begin to emit the dragon's scent. This ensures that the nest always smells like the parents, both for the babies to feel safe and as a warning for would be predators. It makes it impossible for would be predators to know by scent if the parents are around or not because the nest will always smell like a protective parent dragon is present.
Ravenshadow17

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Yuroshi » Mon Nov 25, 2019 3:31 pm

username: yuroshi
egg: 2
name: TBD (if not allowed, then Velia)
flora:
“Dragon’s Herald” is a peculiar plant that only flowers when a new dragon is hatching, taking hold of and “absorbing” the remnants of the hatchlings shell and any other debris. Usually, it appears as a soft and leafy vine that stays stuck to the ground, but these vines only appear in places where dragon’s have hatched before, as they remain after the flowering- flowering produces pretty flowers that mimic the color of the dragon or its shell. The plant part only grows before the egg hatches, the flowering only occurs on the day the egg is to hatch. By the day after the dragon has emerged, all the flowers will have produced the seed pods, which remain hidden within the plant they form. The plant stops growing as soon as the wyrmling leaves, and the seed pods remain inert. Dragons will often seek out other seed pods before they lay eggs, and crush them over the egg as soon as it’s laid. By the next day, the plant will have begun to grow around the egg.
They are said to keep away disease and share life with the young dragons after they have hatched- the theory behind the dragons’ repeated collecting of these plants before giving birth is that they are influential in keeping the den clean and safe, as they break down the eggshell quickly and provide a scent barrier with their flowers on the wyrmling’s most vulnerable day- their hatching day. They are also the only thing which never makes mistakes in signaling a dragon’s hatching day.
Last edited by Yuroshi on Sun Dec 01, 2019 8:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Yuroshi

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby HarpereonSun » Mon Nov 25, 2019 6:08 pm

username: HarpersonSun
name: Lyric
flora: Emberblossom

Emberblossom is an herb frequently flound in small clumps on rocky mountain sides. It is commonly used in teas for its invigorating and warming properties, especially in colder weather. Dragons and other creatures tend to just eat the blossoms directly for a bit of extra pep and warmth. Because of these warming properties, dragons who live in the colder mountain side will try to arrange their nests near or in patches of these flowers to give hatchlings convenient access to the herbs.

Last edited by HarpereonSun on Sun Dec 01, 2019 8:02 am, edited 1 time in total.
HarpereonSun

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Cinxer » Thu Nov 28, 2019 5:41 am

username: cinderpelt20
name: tbd
flora: wip
Cinxer

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby cocogerber13 » Thu Nov 28, 2019 3:38 pm

username: cocogerber13
name: Eventide
flora: Talonthorne is named for the talon-like thorns that this plant boasts. The main stalk of the plant has evolved to match the appearance of the claw of a monster or dragon, although the ‘fingertips’ are actually its fruit and the ‘talon’ is the seed. There can be some variation with the colouring and shape of the seeds, since they double as barbed protection as well as burrs to catch onto anything that dares try to eat it. Talonthorne thrives in dry climates and high altitudes, however if it grows around grasses than the root systems will gradually combine and the blades of grass take on the sharp and durable form of spikes. These plants usually take around a full four years to fully mature, and while it doesn’t produce many fruits the fruits it does produce are very sweet and can be used in a potion to create defensive spikes on living organisms. In the wild, these plants usually have at least one nest/den around them from fauna using it to protect their young. (174 words)

╔══════════════════════════════════╗
☾ Hello! I'm Cocogerber13, °˖✧

but feel free to call me Coco.
toyhouse|IG|art gallery|
DA|FR|art fight|Character shop
♢I write, draw, and rp!♢

Current interests: Fionna & Cake/Adventure Time, Genshin Impact, HSR, Baldur’s Gate 3, botw, fe3h, Ev.e, MILGRAM, ORV & Twisted Wonderland

Image Image Image

╚══════════════════════════════════╝
cocogerber13

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Grey_Hoodie » Thu Nov 28, 2019 6:28 pm

▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
    username: Grey_Hoodie
    name: Thimble
    flora: [200/200]
      Often taking the form of bundled downy fluff, or ‘wool,’ the seeds of the Woolweed plant are often mistaken for soft material appropriate for lining nests. However, Woolweed is a notoriously infamous species capable of detrimentally affecting the populations of smaller dragon species.

Inexperienced dragons looking forward to their first clutch are easily tricked into collecting Woolweed and returning home with it. With the warmth of a dragon constantly occupying the nest, the seeds of the Woolweed plant will begin to germinate and dig roots into whatever surface the nest has been laid on. For three weeks, the weed will carve out a hollow space beneath the nest until the shifting weight of an egg is enough to break through the thin layer of earth separating it from the Woolweed’s roots. Once the egg is secured, the roots will slowly break it down and consume it. Sometimes, if one is quick, the egg can be saved before too much damage is done to it.

Although it’s an unfortunate way of nature, there is some good. The area a Woolweed plant once occupied is typically saturated in leftover magic residue, making for the perfect soil to support miracle medicines and antidotes.
    ▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂
Grey_Hoodie

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me