Re: Kalon #379 // Little Green Spaceman? (Round 4)

Postby ege » Sun Jul 24, 2016 9:08 am

FOURTH ROUND-----Username;; ege-----Name;; Novocaine (Caine)-----Gender;; male-----Relief and space, 380 words

Story;; Relief washes over you as you stare out into your room, awash in the faint green light emanating from the alarm clock. You sigh as you know you won’t be able to go back to sleep. You’re a light sleeper and you don’t feel tired at all.

Something makes you walk up to your window and look outside. You recall the strange dream you had, but it’s a still night with the stars shining clearly. You stare out into space, tracing your eyes over the constellations you know so well. Tearing your eyes from the window you make your way through the house and out into the backyard, breathing in the cool night air.

You can see the sky better now. As you gaze off into the darkness, the storm from your dream feels as far away from you as the twinkling lights above you. Inexplicably, you feel a need to see the storm up close rather than run away from it. The stillness and silence of the night is far from relieving; it's deafening and unsettling and you find yourself waiting for clouds to roll in and drown the world in a downpour.

That doesn't happen of course; the sky remains cloudless until dawn. You sit in your backyard watching the heavens until the sun begins to rise, still feeling as if the storm is distant, and still feeling as if there's something you're missing.
    -
    It's several days before a fierce storm appears on the radar. You've been waiting for this, watching the still, clear nights for the dark blue-grey of a storm cloud, listening for the rumble of thunder in the distance. The night is pitch black and you wait outside to meet the storm head on. The dark grey clouds block out your view of the stars.

As raindrops begin to fall and run through your fur, the relief you were searching for seems to have come to you. The most off-putting part of your dream was the lack of feeling. Here, now, you can feel the rain on your back, the ground beneath your feet. It's all so real, and you feel free as the storm crashes around you.
    -
    This is the story you tell when people ask why you never stay inside when it rains.
ege

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby SticksAndStones » Sun Jul 24, 2016 9:12 am

FOURTH ROUND
Username:SᴛɪᴄᴋsAɴᴅSᴛᴏɴᴇs
Name:Dᴀɪᴄʜɪ
Story:
Sᴘᴀᴄᴇ. Sᴘᴀᴄᴇ ᴀʟʟ ᴀʀᴏᴜɴᴅ ʜɪᴍ : ʙʟᴀᴄᴋ ᴍᴀᴛᴛᴇʀ, ᴠᴏɪᴅ, ɢᴀʟᴀxɪᴇs, ʙʟᴀᴄᴋ ʜᴏʟᴇs, sᴛᴀʀs, ᴘʟᴀɴᴇᴛs, ᴀɴᴅ sᴍᴀʟʟ Dᴀɪᴄʜɪ...
Tʜᴇ ʙʟɪɴᴅɪɴɢ ʟɪɢʜᴛ sʜɪɴᴇs ɪɴᴛᴏ ʜɪs ᴇʏᴇs. Iᴛ's ᴀ sᴜɴʟɪɢʜᴛ, ᴀɴᴅ ᴛʜᴀᴛ ғᴇᴡ sᴍᴀʀᴛ ᴡᴏʀᴅs ᴡɪʀᴛᴇɴ ᴀʙᴏᴡᴇ ᴡᴀs ʜɪs ᴅʀᴇᴀᴍ. Dᴀɪᴄʜɪ ᴍᴜʀᴍs ᴀɴᴅ ᴛʀɪᴇs ᴛᴏ ɢᴇᴛ ᴜᴘ. Hᴇ's ʟᴏᴏᴋɪɴɢ ᴀʀᴏᴜɴᴅ ᴛʜᴇ ʀᴏᴏᴍ ᴀɴᴅ ɴᴏᴛɪᴄᴇs ʙᴇᴀᴜᴛʏғᴜʟ sᴘᴀᴄᴇ ʀᴇʟɪᴇғ ᴏɴ ᴀ ᴡᴀʟʟ. Dᴀɪᴄʜɪ ᴅᴏ ʀᴇᴄᴏɢɴɪᴢᴇ ᴛʜɪs ғʀᴏᴍ ʜɪs ᴅʀᴇᴀᴍ, ʙᴜᴛ ɴᴏᴛ ғʀᴏᴍ ᴛʜɪs ᴡᴀʟʟ.
Hᴇ ɢᴇᴛs ᴜᴘ ᴀɴᴅ ʟᴏᴏᴋs ғᴏʀᴡᴀʀᴅ ʜɪs ʀᴏᴏᴍᴍᴀᴛᴇ. Tʜᴇ ᴏɴʟʏ ᴛʜɪɴɢ ʜᴇ ғᴏᴜɴᴅ ɪs ᴀ ᴘᴀᴘᴇʀ-sᴄʀᴀᴘ ɪɴᴄʟᴜᴅɪɴɢ ᴛʜɪs ᴍᴇssᴀɢᴇ:
"Tʜɪs ᴡʜᴏʟᴇ sɪᴛᴜᴀᴛɪᴏɴ ɪs ᴀɴ ɪʟʟᴜsɪᴏɴ. ʀᴇᴀʟɪᴛᴛʏ ɴᴇᴠᴇʀ ᴇxɪsᴛᴇᴅ, ʏᴏᴜ'ʀᴇ ɪɴ ᴄᴏᴍᴀ, ʙᴜᴛ ʏᴏᴜ'ʟʟ ᴡᴀᴋᴇ ᴜᴘ sᴏᴏɴ. Tʜᴇ sᴛʀᴜᴄᴛᴜʀᴇs ᴏғ ᴛʜᴇ EGO ᴠɪʙʀᴀᴛᴇs."

111 ᴡᴏʀᴅs
Wʀɪᴛɪɴɢ ɪs ᴍʏ ᴡᴇᴀᴋɴᴇss ;ᴡ; GL ᴛᴏ ʏᴀ ᴀʟʟ!
icon by kaatlove

Hᴏᴍᴏ
Aʀᴛ sʜᴏᴘ
Tᴏʏʜᴏᴜ.sᴇ
Aʀᴛ ғɪɢʜᴛ

sticks | they
looking for art

SticksAndStones

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby corviidae » Sun Jul 24, 2016 12:31 pm

as much as i really REALLY wanted to finish and write my story, i'm too busy D: i'm dropping out, good luck everyone else!

-FOUND-
Last edited by corviidae on Mon Jul 25, 2016 3:06 am, edited 2 times in total.
    xxxx_________________xx
        sen - corvii
        xxxxxshe/her ⚢

xnot super active anymore
      xxxask abt my chickens

xxxx_________________xx

xx❁۪ sithis・lucille・betty・calypso ❁۪

❁۪ bandit・millie・zoot・pepper・coconut ❁۪

❁۪ blackbeard ❁۪
corviidae

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Klaon #379 // Little Green Spaceman?

Postby ChristainAnimalLover » Sun Jul 24, 2016 1:12 pm

FOURTH ROUND
Username: ChristainAnimalLover
Name: Yondu Udonta [yahn-doo ooh-don-tuh]
Story:
---'I don't remember much of my childhood, before I was ripped away from my family. But one thing has always stuck with me...One thing, though faint and far away, has always been present. At least somewhat....'
_____

"Mom! You'll never believe the dream I had last night!" Yondu said excitedly as he clambered into his chair at the breakfast table.
"Oh? And what was it about?" His mother replied, her tone showing interest though she didn't turn from the pan she was tending.
Yondu nearly bounced right back out of his chair, "I dreamed I was a pirate. In space! It was so cool!"
"Ooh, that does sound exciting." His mother commented casually as she placed a plate of fruit and scrambled eggs in front of him. He beamed up at her, eyes full of wonder.
"Why don't you write it down? Perhaps you can turn it into a work of fiction someday." She suggested, going back to the sink to wash the pan. Yondu scarfed down his breakfast at record speed and bolted from the table.
"Hey! You get back here!" His mother's voice rang clearly as he rounded the living room corner. With a sigh, he turned and jogged back into the kitchen, "Sorry." Grabbing his abandoned dishes carefully, he padded over to her and placed them on the counter by the sink.
"Thanks for breakfast, it was good." He said politely, grinning when she smiled and ruffled his hair.
"Go on now."
"Thanks mom!" Again he bolted for his room, snatching his pencil and a pad of paper from his desk and plopping on his bed.
-----These are the adventures of Captain Yondu and his crew as they explore the vastness of space.
---Captain Yondu lowered his telescope and grinned, "Heave to!" He barked at his sailors and there was an echo as the command was passed around the ship. The engines roared and soon they were gliding swiftly through the stars. After an hour or so, Yondu heard a clamor outside his quarters. He burst through the door with an air of confidence and authority, "What's all this then?!" He shouted, looking around the circle of his men. Everyone had stopped, standing stock-still, when they heard his voice.
"We think we saw something cap'n." His first-mate spoke up, taking a small step forward.
"Did you now?" Yondu replied, narrowing his gaze as it swept over his crew. "And what might that be?" Everyone was quiet, not daring to question their captain's obvious beleif that they were alone in the stars. Suddenly, there was a loud CRACK! and the whole ship shook as something careened into the aft hull. Captain Yondu spun on the spot, glaring toward the sound as his men gasping and inching toward the bow of the ship.
"Cowards." Yondu muttered, drawing his hunting knife and moving boldly yet cautiously toward the sound...
To be continued...

---Satisfied with his recounting of the "tale", Yondu signed and dated the bottom of the last page. He then hopped off his bed and went back to his desk, grabbing a blank sheet of paper and his tin of colored pencils. His tongue stuck out of the corner of his mouth as he scribbled out a rough cover idea for his work of fiction - strange glass blobs with varying accents of color looking menacingly down at a considerably smaller ship, sailing through the stars. He nodded to himself then slipped the paper into the outer plastic sleeve of a binder, the soft click declaring the pages safely secured in the D-rings.
    595/900 words
I hope I'm not too late...I had this typed up but haven't had a chance to click "Post" 'till now...Good luck everyone!
Last edited by ChristainAnimalLover on Sun Jul 24, 2016 5:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ChristainAnimalLover

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Silver Pandorica » Sun Jul 24, 2016 1:14 pm

Dang didn't get in. Good luck though guys.
Hi, I'm Silver! Local socially
awkward English nerd, cat
lover, co-owner of floravits,
and Animal Crossing fan.
♡♡♡
art threadtrade thread
Silver Pandorica

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Snowseph » Sun Jul 24, 2016 3:00 pm

FOURTH ROUND
Username: Snow!.
Name: Dez.
Story:
A thin layer of dust began to settle on the horizon. The two large, blueish stars twinkled in the sky, both of them rising. Off into the distance, Yzevferutizo, his dark eyes twinkling as he twiddled his three nubby fingers, sat on the sandy hill overlooking the sunrise. He was supposed to be meeting Couritelewiina here, but she was nowhere to be seen. He sighed, figuring she must've ditched him. Again.

Suddenly, a small, cylindrical object flicked across the sky, briefly, but evident. Again, it shot across the sky. It began doing this constantly -- back and forth, back and forth. Yzevferutizo got to his feet, which were rather small and blobbish, becoming startled by the odd occurrence. Then, it stopped.

His one eye squinted into the distance, trying to find the object among the rising sun. His answer was met with a shadow creeping over him. Turning his head upward to gaze at what had created the shadow, Yzevferutizo saw the object hovering above him. The object was black and white, and seemed to be made out of metal. Yzevferutizo held his breath, standing under the object, as if a deer in headlights. The object then made a whooshing sound and --

"No, no! That's not it!" The male cried, slamming his fists on the typewriter.

Dez, sitting at his wooden desk in front an old typewriter that has been recently restored, shook his head ferociously. His story just wasn't coming out the way he wanted to. He was only on chapter four, and he knew his editor would be knocking on his door, looking for the draft, in the next couple weeks. What could he do? Dez didn't want to start over, but everything about the story wasn't turning out right. How do you write about a reverse idea that society has often looked upon? How do you write a story about where humans are the ones in "UFOs" and spying on other alien races?

It didn't seem very original to put it in the perspective of someone getting abducted by an alien. Technically, the humans are the aliens to what humans would consider to be aliens. Still, Dez didn't want to give it all away that it was actually humans abducting aliens. But why were they doing it? Dez hadn't exactly come up with that idea yet. Maybe they became corrupted over time and needed some supply that the aliens had. Or maybe the humans were overtaken by some extraterrestrial parasite* and were doing it under the parasite's orders. But why did they take over the humans? Why did they want to bug other alien races?

"Ugh." Dez rubbed his head. His headache was coming back. Sighing, Dez got up from his seat, his feet shuffling against the ground as he walked towards the bathroom.

Upon entering the bathroom, he felt his anxiety rising. It was awfully dark in there. Sure, the light switch was right near the door on the inside, but who knows what lies in the dark? Just do it, Dez told himself. Hesitantly, he reached inside the bathroom and flicked the switch on. He glanced around inside, making sure there was nothing unusual going on in there. He walked inside, and he then stood in front of the of the medicine cabinet. There was a mirror on it, and for a few moments, he stared at himself in the mirror. The bags under his eyes were evident, and his hair was unkempt. He almost felt pity for himself, and probably would've went onto wallow in his depression, but a thought crossed his mind. He remembered the old legend of Bloody Mary. Dez didn't want to believe in ghosts or any other monster like that, but his paranoia told him otherwise. Not wanting to take the chance (even though he knew he had to say her name three times, but he was still paranoid that she would show up anyway), he opened the cabinet door. There, he found the Tylenol. Grabbing the bottle, he placed it on the table next to the sink. He took the glass from the table, filled it up with water, and then threw the Tylenol pill in his mouth to guzzle down with water.

Putting the bottle back in the medicine cabinet, he shut the door of the cabinet. He took a quick glance in the mirror to make sure nothing spooky was in it (other than himself), and then ran out of the bathroom as he turned the light off. Dez wouldn't willingly admit that he's afraid of the dark.

He went back to his desk, and stared at the typewriter paper for a while. He wasn't sure how to go about it. His psychiatrist said it was good that he was expressing some of his fears through writing science fiction. He always had loved to write, and even though he often finds himself afraid of space, it's like they always say: curiosity killed the cat. He wanted to find out more about it, seeing as he curious, but it always hurts him. Why did he do that? He wasn't sure.

The clock read 11:00 PM. He had to get up early tomorrow. Sighing, he glanced at his typewriter again.

Maybe tomorrow he would figure this all out.

*Low-key reference to Stargate (not really the movie, though! More so the TV franchise), whoops.
Snowseph

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby CSMintCat » Sun Jul 24, 2016 3:01 pm

FOURTH ROUND

Username: CSMintCat
Name: Astral
Story:
    From an outsider's point of view, the retelling of Astral's early childhood could have been from a work of fiction; a fairytale, of sorts. Though his parents (both fantastic scientists in their field,) were busy with work, they always made sure he had whatever he wanted, whether it be companions in the form of nannies, tutors to teach, or books and toys to entertain. He was treated as a little prince of sorts; one who ruled over his small, two-bedroom house with his charming personality and his dimpled grin. No matter how infrequently his parents actually conversed with him; they were busy with work, and they worked so hard so that they could provide their child with the very best!

For many years, that was how the illusion of perfection was kept.

Though it was interesting to have such freedom at first, young Astral soon realized through talks with this friends that it wasn't normal for parents to live so far away from their children, or to go many weeks without any form of communication, or to have their only source of companionship be nannies who would look after him and leave once their hours were done.

It was then that this work of fiction became ever more real, and the fairytale life that was seen through rose-coloured lenses had begun to crack, and the story became ever more tragic.

As Astral grew older, he became ever more increasingly aware of the fragility of his bond with his parents, of how the weekly visits became monthly ones, of how even his nannies' hours with him began to dwindle. He lived in fear of the day his parents would finally stop contacting him entirely, leaving him alone. His warm, cheerful two-bedroom house had suddenly became a cold and sullen place.

He becan studying more, trying to follow in his parents' footsteps in hopes of having them finally pay attention to him. He withdrew himself from his already sparse friend group in favor of devoting countless hours of the day to researching and studying, of working on projects and trying desperately to gain his parents' favor. Hours that soon went to waste as he realized that his parents simply did not care.

Surely they must care for him even a little bit, right?
    He panicked.
    Surely they must spare some time to try to find him if-
    If he was to run away?

And as a last-ditch effort for his parents to notice him, Astral steeled his heart and left his childhood home.

At first, strangely, he felt a sense of relief.
    The space away from his parents and his old life, of trying so desparately to please them and failing, was refreshing. He relished the distance that was put between his old life and his new. It wasn't until about a month later when it finally occured to him that he was now more alone than ever, isolated from whatever little company he found in his nannies and his tiny group of friends.

And that was when the nightmares started.
    The feeling of loneliness was the worst.

He broke.
    He called his parents endlessly, begging them over voicemail time and time again for them to take him back, telling them that he was sorry he left,
    But it was all for naught.

They had finally been rid of the metaphorical anchor of having a child that had been weighing them down all those years, and they weren't about to sink themselves again.
    The story they had told their relatives was that Astral had grow up and left the nest of his own accord, and that he had broke all contact upon his departure in order to start a new life of his own, without his loving, caring parents.

When the topic of his sudden departure is brought up, relatives who didn't know him better would say that Astral had finally became an adult,
    gained a mature, if not frigid, air around him,
    shed his dependancy on his parents,
    and severed their ties.

But, in reality, despite all his efforts to bring his parents closer and form a connection,

Astral's bond with them simply never existed.

And this ideal fairytale was actually a tradgedy.

730 words.

(Aaaa just a note in case this is sorta confusing; I interpreted "far away" as an emotional distance between Astral and his parents and wrote about that RIPPPP.)
Status wrote:Not v active these days.
Not really replying to trades/messages; send at own risk.
Please remind me if you've messaged me + it's important.
Looking for a Feb. 9th swap!
CSMintCat

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Nodell » Sun Jul 24, 2016 3:07 pm

Marking so I can see the winner. ;o;
Nodell

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby CSMintCat » Sun Jul 24, 2016 4:06 pm

RIP I just realized I was like 1 minute over the end time I think???
I guess my computer lagged (bad internet probably) bc when I submitted it there was still time left but I hope I get counted hnng.
Status wrote:Not v active these days.
Not really replying to trades/messages; send at own risk.
Please remind me if you've messaged me + it's important.
Looking for a Feb. 9th swap!
CSMintCat

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby G1 Sunstreaker » Sun Jul 24, 2016 4:24 pm

Hhhh good luck everybody! I saw some really cool entries, and I'm excited for this child! also nervous but i mean
Good luck everyone! ♥
Ask my Viscets/Kalons! | My Viscets ♥ | My Kalons ♥ | Friend of Fried-Disaster, we share an IP cause we're roommates. Please don't ban us!
You can't beat the best.

Check viscets out here!
G1 Sunstreaker

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me