Re: Kalon #379 // Little Green Spaceman? (Round 3)

Postby ege » Sat Jul 23, 2016 10:49 am

THIRD ROUND-----Username;; ege-----Name;; Novocaine (Caine)-----Gender;; male-----Prompt 3, 197 words

Sketch/Writing: You’re used to a deep, dreamless sleep. But not tonight. It feels as though you’re waking up as you slowly become aware of the thick, suffocating darkness that surrounds you. The sound of raindrops rings in your ears, distant but unrelenting. The persistent pounding of the rain comes from all directions, but you don't see rain falling around you and you don't feel droplets pelting your fur. Every so often flashes of lightning illuminate the world in a sharp relief. You are calm and collected, almost unbelievably so.. almost numb to the storm crashing around you.

You suddenly realize you can't feel the ground beneath your feet. The flashes of lightning, more frequent now, still show you an empty field, and you tentatively take a step forward. Upon touching the grass in front of you, the world around you begins to fall apart, rippling and shattering into fragments of your surroundings until you're surrounded by a blank, silent nothingness identical to what it was at first. You close your eyes, and open them to the glow of your alarm clock. 3:01 AM.

You wouldn’t call it a nightmare- not quite- but it wasn't a good dream either.
ege

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Kalon #379 // Little Green Spaceman? (Round 2)

Postby CSMintCat » Sat Jul 23, 2016 11:59 am

THIRD ROUND

Username:
CSMintCat

Name:
Astral

Sketch/Writing:
The thought of Astral being separated from others and drifting around in large, empty, dark spaces
(such as the deep sea and, ironically, space,) is horrifying to him. The overwhelming feeling of helplessness,
of being utterly at the mercy of /whatever/ was out there chills him to the core.
With him constantly worrying about it becoming a reality, it's no wonder that he is often plagued by terrifying
(often lucid) dreams of being suspended, alone, in the darkness. He would "wake" in a stifling darkness,
so dark he couldn't even see his own whiskers in front of him, and then he would silently panic,
hoping and praying that he would wake up soon.
Status wrote:Not v active these days.
Not really replying to trades/messages; send at own risk.
Please remind me if you've messaged me + it's important.
Looking for a Feb. 9th swap!
CSMintCat

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby CSMintCat » Sat Jul 23, 2016 12:08 pm

rIP SORRY for double posting but I didn't want to edit but aaa I forgot the unshaded version and stuff so ah.
http://sta.sh/2lo9icfa8rq
Status wrote:Not v active these days.
Not really replying to trades/messages; send at own risk.
Please remind me if you've messaged me + it's important.
Looking for a Feb. 9th swap!
CSMintCat

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby clouds-move-on » Sat Jul 23, 2016 2:01 pm

CLOSED to new forms.
Will try and judge soon and when finished the results shall be here.
Do not post again until I say you can.

I shall again be choosing around half of the entrants for the next round.

ROUND 3
The following users are eligible for round 4.
1. ♠Trollish♠
2. SpartanAmethyst
3. ChristainAnimalLover
4. TILL ALL ARE ONE
5. Snow!
6. furbywiki
7. ambient smile
8. SticksAndStones
9. Rat
10. ege
11. CSMintCat
A new commandment I give to you, that you love one another; as I have loved you, that you also love one another.
By this all will know that you are My disciples, if you have love for one another.

- John 13:34-35

ImageImageImage
2/24/24
temp open to doing stars myos off oekaki for 100+ c$s... dm me

I am no longer active on CS.
- I am keeping all my characters that I haven't readopted out myself, dont ask about em.
- If you want to transfer designs by me out of chicken smoothie closed species from before 8/2/20, YES, you may! Be free. uwu ❤️
- You may also transfer them into other species/groups/arpgs!
- Do not contact me here unless I contacted you first.
- Feel free to send me trades, but you may be waiting awhile.
clouds-move-on

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Kalon #379 // Little Green Spaceman? (Round 4)

Postby clouds-move-on » Sat Jul 23, 2016 2:55 pm

Fourth round starts.
Info is up on the front. This round'll close at 11:00 PM EST TOMORROW.
A new commandment I give to you, that you love one another; as I have loved you, that you also love one another.
By this all will know that you are My disciples, if you have love for one another.

- John 13:34-35

ImageImageImage
2/24/24
temp open to doing stars myos off oekaki for 100+ c$s... dm me

I am no longer active on CS.
- I am keeping all my characters that I haven't readopted out myself, dont ask about em.
- If you want to transfer designs by me out of chicken smoothie closed species from before 8/2/20, YES, you may! Be free. uwu ❤️
- You may also transfer them into other species/groups/arpgs!
- Do not contact me here unless I contacted you first.
- Feel free to send me trades, but you may be waiting awhile.
clouds-move-on

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby SpartanAmethyst » Sat Jul 23, 2016 2:56 pm

FOURTH ROUND

Username:
SpartanAmethyst

Name:
Asterope

Story:
Was this really it?

Tears stung his eyes as he struggled against gravity, every strenuous step and difficult climb causing his muscles to protest and ache, but he persevered. The ground he walked on was sacred, revered for it's healing properties and unspoiled beauty. But it did nothing to heal him.

Was he tricked by his muses?

He'd taken the risk, rolled the dice; this had been his own fault. Thinking he'd found others of his own metaphorical kind, Asterope had suffered through his fear and gone into the city, having heard rumors of a television group that were investigating UFO activity there. Despite said fear, he was excited to share his own photographs, findings, and research in the hopes that it would bring some proof of their existence into the eyes of everyone who ever ridiculed him. But in the end, they were all liars; the so-called "Investigators" were no more than actors, hired to play a part that they wouldn't even believe in or stay true to. They all laughed at him, taunting him, claiming his images were fake and that he was just some crazy loon off the street. All he ever wanted was to find out that there was more life than just what inhabited this planet; discovery was always his dream, but....

Was hope really just an illusion?

As he took one last trembling step to the top of the cliff, his dulled eyes lifted towards the heavens, and it was there he found his salvation. Relief flooded his exhausted form as he stared up at the stars, his stars, their immortal light shining through the darkness of empty space. It immediately brought a smile to his face, and he felt that little flutter of hope in his chest. He was still hurt, there was no doubt there, but a sensitive soul like his gets hurt often. He made the choice, and it just happened to be the wrong one. Asterope took the steps to the edge of the cliff and slowly sat down, curling his tail carefully around himself. His eyes never left the stars.

Why was the world so cruel?

He'd lived most of his life this way, so why did this rejection hurt so much? Was it because of the apologetic look the producer had given him? Maybe the way they had continued to laugh so hysterically even after he'd fled the situation? Or... maybe it was because he'd finally convinced himself to ignore his fears, and put trust into complete strangers. Whatever the cause, it might take him awhile to get over it, but with one look at the stars, he was reminded of why he hunted UFOs, why he believed in the first place. And with those shining lights above him, he had hope.

When would he find others like himself?

Despite the terror that had settled back into his stomach at the thought of braving the city again, his logic told him he could not give up hope. He needed to find others that thought like he did, that would understand him and hopefully, maybe, even like him. Asterope's eyes closed wistfully at the though, and his smile grew the tiniest bit wider. Yeah, that would be nice. Even if they still called him a "crazy loon", at least he wouldn't be a lonely crazy loon. That even drew a laugh from the stellar Kalon, and the wind caressed his fur in response. He flicked his tail calmly, the pain he'd felt in his heart slowly fading down into a dull ache. He'd find them, eventually. Suddenly a bright light caught his eye, and he watched it streak across the night sky, temporarily drowning out the dimmer stars in its glory, lighting up his eyes and his spirit. To anyone else, that would have only been a simple shooting star, but to Asterope, it was a promise that he'd find what he was looking for. A slight wag of his tail escaped him, and he eventually settled down to sleep, safe under his blanket of stars. That night, not a single nightmare dared to disturb his rest.

And tomorrow, inspiration restored, he'd continue his life's work unhindered.

His dreams won't be far away much longer.
[706 words]
Last edited by SpartanAmethyst on Sun Jul 24, 2016 3:05 pm, edited 4 times in total.
x ================== x
x ================== x
G O O D
N I G H T
S L E E P
T I G H T
D O N ' T
L E T
T H E
M O T H M A N
S E E
Y O U R
NI G H T L I G H T

------
ARR
GSAISO
SpartanAmethyst

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby G1 Sunstreaker » Sat Jul 23, 2016 3:30 pm

FOURTH ROUND
Username: TILL ALL ARE ONE
Name: Chaldene {no direct meaning; one of the moons of Jupiter}

Bolded words are words from the list of "must use." At the end of the piece the two recurring theme words will be revealed; hopefully you could tell what they were just by looking.
The night was a thin one.
The sky was clear as the stars were bright. The moon was distant, a sliver of light in the blackness. This was good.
Walking was the humblest form of transportation, and it was the one most preferred for nights like these. Food especially was unnecessary; provisions would come later, as would rest. Now was for travel, as it would be for the next several hours.
The Hills was an empty, rolling land, tall, dark grasses with few visual interests and little to no landmarks. There were no trees but the for the ones forming a distinct border behind him. No animals were present--bird, rodent, or otherwise. He was the only exception. It was a vast, empty space. This was also good.
Silence would be necessary. The only sound would be his footsteps and the whisper of the grass in the oddly quiet wind. Even the sound of the crickets and cicadas orchestrating a symphony from within the woods would eventually fade away, and the only light would be the moon, the stars, and the glow of the amulet around his neck.
The amulet was the key. It would guide him. Its glow was soft, but eerily sharp, drawing one's attention before they even knew it was there. It wasn't of earth, that was certain, and Chaldene was well aware of this.
It was the entire purpose of his annual undertaking. The pair of alien dice that were engraved on its exterior were embellish with a sparkling gold metal that somehow wasn't gold. He got the notion that none of the materials used to make it were in any way local. It was a rounded octahedron, with a simple chain loop linking it to a delicate, yet impossibly strong strand of...something. The glow was unexplained, and Chaldene knew he didn't have to know.
Looking down, he found it was just as it was every year. He was atop the crest of the first hill without having even realized his body was moving. The forest was now a distant line of dark points; the amulet felt dimmer out in the massively open air.
Walk.
The word surfaced to him in the same way it did every year; without provocation and without explanation or source. He complied, beginning the slowly sloping descent down through the grasses. He knew when he crested the hill the trees would be gone, as if having never been there. The amulet was flickering slowly, faintly; it was only noticeable because he knew to look for it. In a moment he would come across the stone temple, and the amulet would be his only light.
His paws struck stone.
The amulet began to nearly hum with the light, symptomatic of the energy that was being spun to life within it. The stone was faded, but not scratched--essentially flawless. The same could be said for the amulet.
Chaldene's steps here were soundless. The amulet was a scarlet lamp.
A pedestal opened in the center of the platform. The slot for the amulet was warm and spotless.
He lifted the strand from his neck, inserted the amulet, and the pedestal lowered.
He woke.
The windows were alight with the full moon.
The amulet was safe, as was he.
The dice on the shelf were alien.

Themes: dice, fiction

\
Last edited by G1 Sunstreaker on Sun Jul 24, 2016 2:59 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Ask my Viscets/Kalons! | My Viscets ♥ | My Kalons ♥ | Friend of Fried-Disaster, we share an IP cause we're roommates. Please don't ban us!
You can't beat the best.

Check viscets out here!
G1 Sunstreaker

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby rem sleep » Sat Jul 23, 2016 8:15 pm

FOURTH ROUND
    Username: Trollish
    Name: Rebound
    Story: In his youth Rebound spent the days curled up and with his nose in a book, however as he advanced through schooling and into a further education in the field of astronomy, the habit stuck. With a new home and a new abode in which to read, Rebound bought himself a space-stitched quilt and set up his ideal reading spot. The fireplace in the livingroom was the key feature to his dwelling, and the primary reason Rebound had chosen it. Despite being a smaller house, it was a good deal on rent and with the provided warmth and comfort from the fire, Rebound found himself ready to call it home as soon as he laid eyes on it.
    The afternoon was calm and crisp, with classes dismissed for the day, Rebound found himself with a new book and his favorite spot, all luxuries provided. He readied himself for another fanciful adventure in the scape of the book's vast illusion. He curled up on the couch with his book in hand and lost himself to the pages. The tales were indeed quite outlandish, ranging anywhere from sci-fi to true fantasy, but Rebound found their words to be inspiring. The heroes who always saved the day were predictable, yes, but isn't that what everyone looks forward to? A certain salvation to an uncertain problem. Rebound knew it was simply the way books were written, but within his imagination, there was a hero looking out for him from somewhere grand, or perhaps a hero within him waiting for a chance to emerge.

The world of his many novels was Rebound's escape from the stress of everyday life. This fact was well enough known amongst his friends. They were well-versed in his fiction habits, as he often liked to relay the stories, often at length, to any willing ear. He particularly adored humoring himself with others who knew the novel, chatting away about different situations and their potential outcomes, or works from an author he adored.

At one point his friends gave Rebound a new book. Never having seen it before, Rebound was ecstatic. He absolutely loved a good story, especially if he'd never even heard of it previously. Wide-eyed and stunned, he took the book and promptly scurried off to read it. The book was enthralling, filled with chances and gambles that would stake the entire story upon one simple outcome, though as per the norm, the heroes always seemed to win-- but the weight of the situation was emphasized so strongly in the book that Rebound felt there was an honest chance for the story to go wrong every time, for that to be the end-- despite all the pages left.

Rebound read the story of the space-bound heroes, their mighty quest to reach a hospitable planet within the cosmos to call their home; all of them were wayfarers of their own kind, from different walks of life and sometimes different planets. Rebound found the cast of characters colorful and exciting, and their story even more so. As it progressed and the stakes were heightened, he neared the end. He dawdled on the end, but waited only a brief while, as he absolutely needed to see how it panned out.

Much to Rebound's shock, the protagonists did not find the planet they sought. In the end, the heroes didn't win. Instead, they decided to travel the galaxy forever on adventures throughout the cosmos, perhaps one day they would find their planet, but the place they were supposed to reach their end goal resulted in a dead world, somewhere long since abandoned. Rebound was stunned.

His friends had attempted to pull a prank on him by changing the end of the book they gave him, but much to their surprise, Rebound absolutely loved the imaginary ending. It seemed to him such a jolt from the usual that it set the book asied. After reading the true ending, he decided that he liked the fictitious one more-- and in his mind, that's the true ending to the story to this very day.
♥ ♥ ♥
rem sleep - they / them
nocturnal artist, socially awkward
♥ ♥ ♥
umasstorkies
closed species bank
♥ ♥ ♥

rem sleep

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Jaskiest » Sun Jul 24, 2016 8:50 am

FOURTH ROUND
Username: Rat
Name: Dorrin
Story: words are illusion and space
I think I went quite a bit over the word limit, sorry!!

Far, far away, in a place forgotten by both time and space (but never by the heart), lay the dreams of a young boy. A faint coating of dust mutes the once bright colours abundant in the child's four-walled kingdom, but the memories made there remain crisp. A sign on the door proclaims it 'Dorrin's Room', a clumsy UFO dotting the 'i' as if added on later by a small child. The northern wall is devoted entirely to large windows, with a 'Budding Astronomer' telescope precariously propped up on the windowsill. Slight indentations on each size show where the boy gripped onto the sides in his excitement to plot a new star or constellation, and scratches show the multiple tantrums he's thrown when it's been taken away. A billboard above his bed (the inspiration for which, he is not afraid to admit, was taken from Flat Stanley - always good to have a backup plan for an exciting life!) displays every UFO sighting he could get his paws on, as well as some more cryptic notes possibly from his mother such as 'orange juice?' and 'where is your laundry!'. Taking pride of place in the centre of the board shines a holographic UFO sticker, tacked there with sticky tape as its adhesive has long since run out from being a feature of every outfit he wore for almost a month. The rest of the room is filled with the typical clutter and knicknacks that any person can collect, from books to stationary to grubby washing. Yet despite the bric-a-brac and character strewn throughout the room, it felt empty. The most important feature was missing - there was no child.

Indeed, Dorrin was no longer the tiny kit who used to live here - in fact, 'here' didn't exist any more - not in the conventional way, at least. The house was sold and the room renovated into a study for the new tennants. The mind, however, is a strange and wonderful place, where anything is possible - and this room certainly has a special place in Dorrin's heart. Why, then, is everything so dusty? And why, when you rattle the doorknob, is the door locked shut? Dorrin is the master of this illusion - nothing happens without his consent. And so it is into Dorrin's life we must dive if we ever want answers (or, more pressingly, a way out). Every object here is a memory - which will you choose to unlock?

1) The slightly lopsided, cardboard rocketwith the clear marksmanship of an enthusiastic but not particularly skilful child
2) The physics excercise book, open to a page on gravity adorned with a gold star and 'Great work, Dorrin!' in teacher's handwriting.
3) Tbe party invitation, creased and with scratch marks on it as if picked up and tossed aside in anger.
--
Having viewed these three illusions, you feel as if you understand Dorrin's situation. The dusty room is what is left of his childhood memories, of his hope and wonder and curiosity - he is afraid to feel such things again, to embrace his passion only for it to be shot down again and again. Yet you can't imagine how such a kind soul could function without these things. What is there to life without something to be excited for, without the joy and faith from you youth? How could you live such a life? These philosophies are why you can't quite be sorry for what happens next. Your reminiscing makes you distracted, and distraction makes you clumsy - you trip over a stray book and send dust and objects flying. It seems your flailing limbs are brushing every object in the room, and memories flash by your eyes faster than you can even begin to process them. Such a commotion can't be ignored, even through the strongest of locks.
"No!" you hear a voice shout. "Please! I'm afraid!"

It's too late. The door bursts open, and out hurtles all the pain of these memories, yes, but also all the goodness - all the joys of being a child with something they love. All the hours of dedication, the determination and the self-belief.
You tumble out of the door, swept away by the sheer force of emotion, and escape back into the real world. You leave their mind with a final thought, and you're unsure if it was your own or his - 'And suddenly, that place that was so far, far away was closer than ever before'. And you smile, because already you can see Dorrin bustling off to find a telescope and plot the latest star positions. Sometimes, it's okay to stay the same - even if it hurts, you can never fix what isn't broken - only change it, and not always for the better.
Last edited by Jaskiest on Sun Jul 24, 2016 11:44 am, edited 4 times in total.
Jaskiest

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby furby. » Sun Jul 24, 2016 8:58 am

FOURTH ROUND
Username: Furbywiki
Name: Haldus
Story:
It was late at night and Haldus was tossing and turning, not getting a wink of sleep. The star and moon stickers illuminating an illusion of space upon their their ceiling, covered the room in a dim, almost unnoticeable glow. Unnoticeable to all but them, their eyes shut tightly as they tried to will their wandering mind to let them sleep. Unfortunately for them, that did not work to quiet their mind.

Sleepless nights were rare for Haldus. Often, they just needed to lay down to fall asleep, however tonight was not like that. All because of a mistake earlier in the day, in which Haldus fell asleep at the park and didn't wake up until 3 hours later. They were late to work and as such, were late getting home and going to bed. Not that it mattered now, what happened, happened, and sleep was no where in sight. Feigning sleep wasn't working. Trying to relax wasn't working. Sleep was just within their grasp and right when they reached out for it, it fluttered away again. Sighing, they got out of bed with a pout.

Looking up at the the glow-in-the-dark ceiling stickers, Haldus frowned before leaving their room and going to the kitchen. In the kitchen, Haldus poured themself orange juice. Not the most fitting drink for- their eyes briefly scanned the kitchen before settling at the blinking clock on the microwave,- 12:55 pm, but it'll do. They thought to themselves before taking a sip, cringing slightly at the sour taste, before giving a slight smile at the clock. Armed with cup in hand, Haldus had an idea.

Grabbing an old wristwatch, they checked the time once more, 12:57 am, before heading to the front door and exiting their home. Walking out into the yard, Haldus looked at the night sky, the bright stars, the glistening moon, the expansive space above them that made the dim replica in their room look like nothing. They stood there for a few minutes before shaking their head and heading to the back of the house, where the old tree was.

Putting the watch in their pocket and taking the cup in their teeth, they reached up, grabbing the closest branch and pulling themself up. They continued up the tree, until they reached a thick branch with a clear view of the sky above. Haldus sat down, their back resting against the tree with their legs sprawled out on the branch in front of them. They took the cup out their mouth and set it down between their legs before reaching into their pocket and pulling out the wrist watch. It read 1:07 am.

Letting out a sigh of relief, Haldus looked at the vast space above them, silently pointing out constellations in between glances at the watch. Ursa Major... 1:08 am... Draco... Ursa Minor... 1:09 am... Their thought process continued, as their eyes started drooping until the clock read 1:11 am, in which Haldus's eyes snapped open before closing fully. A silent wish was made. I wish for sleep, please let me be able to fall asleep. Before taking his cup and finishing his juice.

Setting the cup on the branch and placing the watch inside it, they made a mental note to retrieve the items later. Haldus then looked back up at the night sky, before climbing back down the tree and stumbling back to the house, sleep now closer than ever. Heading inside, they knocked over several items on their way back to the room, before closing the door and laying in bed. Taking a look at the illusion of space above them, they smiled before closing their eyes. Waiting for sleep to overtake them....

Waiting...

Still waiting...

Opening their eyes, Haldus groaned, "Oh come on!"
finishing loose ends, then leaving
if u want any of my pets go wild
furby.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups