Stars #3544 by Swishy & Broken

Based on Click to view
Artist Swishy & Broken [gallery]
Time spent 1 hour, 3 minutes
Drawing sessions 6
11 people like this Log in to vote for this drawing

Stars #3544

Postby Swishy & Broken » Thu May 09, 2024 8:58 am

how would this cat describe their ideal retirement?
300 word and/or 1 drawing max

Ends 5/13 at 5 pm cdt

Code: Select all
[b]Username:[/b]
[b]Cat Name:[/b]
[b]Gender:[/b]
[b]Rank:[/b]
[b]Clan:[/b] (Please link)
[b]Age:[/b] (1 year or above)
[b]Prompt:[/b]
x
Name:
Clan:
Description: lilac broken mackerel lynxpoint
[nr] expression, claws, scars, missing limb
[c] eye shape, eyelashes
Owner:
Image Image Image

°°°°°
xxxxx Images Pixabay button Chipakers coding 0Zero0

Want some art?
Currently: drawing cats

❀ ✿ ❀
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
hi!
you can call me swishy, i use she/her
pronouns. i work full time at a senior
living facility and live a quiet, content
life with my fiancée and two cats. i
check cs every day, so don't feel shy
about giving me a poke <3 !!

Swishy & Broken
General Helper

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Stars #3544

Postby final fantasy » Thu May 09, 2024 10:20 am

Username: final fantasy
Cat Name: velvetshade
Clan: hazeclan
Prompt:

what velvetshade wants is to be content with herself, to be seen not as someone to receive sympathy but instead someone who can stand her ground. she's always battled against the stares she receives from other cats, the pity cast upon her due to her injuries, and deep down she aches to prove her strength. she encourages her way onto patrols, eager to prove herself and be admired by her clanmates as a strong and worthy warrior.

she wants a legacy above all else. not for the sake of her own egotistical desires, but because she wants to be looked up to and give other cats someone to relate to. her way of passing her legacy on through the clan is not to have kits but to train as many apprentices as possible. her fiery spirit makes her a near-perfect mentor as she pushes the cats she teaches to the limit while still being empathetic and willing to go at their pace, though she does get carried away sometimes.

therefore, her ideal retirement would be something that happens only when she's ready. when she feels her time has come to rest, she'll forego her warrior duties and settle into a comfortable life as an elder, entertaining eager kits and apprentices with tales of her glory days and teaching them how to fight just as she did. swiping claws will turn into the bat of pawpads against mossballs and feathers as she settles into a lifestyle that is calmer but still holds echoes of the brave spirit she's always held so dearly. she regales her younger clanmates with stories of how she got her injuries, how she didn't let any other cat take her less seriously because of them, and her courage will inspire other cats for moons to come.

[299 words]
Last edited by final fantasy on Tue May 14, 2024 9:12 am, edited 1 time in total.
┌─────────── ───────────┐

chase . he him . adult

i like adoptables & writing <3
best friend
└─────────── ───────────┘
final fantasy

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby ClarkG23 » Thu May 09, 2024 10:58 am

Even though I’m not going to get this adopt I just wanna say you did a great job on the design and it’s a very beautiful character :)
ClarkG23

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Rawr-Horse » Thu May 09, 2024 11:25 am

Username: Rawr-Horse
Cat Name: Waxmoon
Clan: Flight of Startled Birds
Prompt:
While Waxmoon is technically an elder/ in retirement, his is not ideal, despite most of the hardships being of his own doing. He is an elder, for the most part, due to his injuries making most else difficult to do on a consistent basis, so there are no requirements or expectations of him to constantly be doing something he physically struggles doing, like being a warrior. Even bird watching is difficult, now. So, instead, because he simply cannot sit around for the rest of his life and do absolutely nothing, he does a bit of everything. He feels he must, and he does not like the idea of being stationary and not being of use. While he would not think or expect anyone else in his situation to be this way, he still is.

He will take up night shifts guarding the clan, he will help fetch herbs or attempt to hunt or fish, oftentimes joined by his egret, Matilde. He has even gone far enough to help co-parent single parents' kits, or orphans. Anything that needs a hand that he can do, he will find a way to help do.

His ideal retirement, though, would be if his brain would allow him to feel like he could rest, at least part of the time. He does genuinely enjoy and want to help, but some days he feels he must, even on days where he does not because he cannot, he feels a sense of guilt from being taken care of, especially at his age. He would love if he was mentally capable of rest and not worry about being so active all the time.
He especially loves taking naps in the midday sun, or sleeping near the streams, watching the birds and listening to the sounds.

[299 words hhh.]

It's better to light a candle than to curse the darkness.

Rawr-Horse

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Macabre. » Fri May 10, 2024 3:51 am

Username: Macabre.
Cat Name: SnakeShed
Clan: BirchClan
Prompt:

SnakeShed makes sure every day is her ideal day. She wakes up when she wants, and goes to bed when she wants. She eats what she wants when she wants, and if the prey she wants isn't there, she sends an apprentice out to get it. She spends her whole day lounging about sunning herself on the warm rocks.

𝕸𝖆𝖈𝖆𝖇𝖗𝖊.
╔════════════╗

╚════════════╝
Macabre.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby NightWolf950 » Fri May 10, 2024 10:41 pm

Username: NightWolf950
Cat Name: Quillclaw
Clan: RainClan
Prompt:

Art by me
Winner may use my art, just credit me at Blue-Wonderland on TH
NightWolf950

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby crowful » Tue May 14, 2024 5:47 am

Username: crowful
Cat Name: Thistleflame
Clan: remnants of the valley clans
Prompt: Thistleflame's ideal retirement would be one that never comes to pass. The proud warrior would rather die in battle, giving her life for her clan, than end up in the elder's den. She knows of course that every warrior deserves to spend their twilight years in peaceful calm, being taken care of by the other clan cats as thanks for their many years of service. Thisteflame doesn't look down on those who choose this life – yet she's also sure it's not for her. As her injuries and aches are making it harder and harder for her to carry out her warrior duties, she dreads the day she will no longer be of use for her clan. She is already experiencing what it's like for her aging body to fail her; not dodging out of the way of an attack fast enough, struggling to keep up on long patrols, not making a catch because she misjudged the distance due to her impaired sight. One day she won't be able do do anything anymore, and Thistleflame is determined not to live to see it arrive.
╒═══════════╕
✦ they/them ✦
╘═══════════╛
crowful

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby MouseyLavi » Thu May 16, 2024 5:39 am

Username: Mouseylavi
Cat Name: Yarrow that Basks in Suns Embrace
Clan: Above the Ruins
Prompt:

Yarrows dream retirement is to be able to watch her kits, whom are now active members of the tribe, continue to grow and thrive. Yarrow wishes to be along side her family as a warrior, but her body is no longer capable of being the warrior she once was. Yarrow now sits back and watches as her family continues to expand. She continues to tell stories and shares her experience with her tribe mates. Once she feels like the time is right she can't wait to join her ancestors and knows that she has made a big impact on the tribe and her tribe mates.
MouseyLavi

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Swishy & Broken » Thu May 16, 2024 5:56 am

final fantasy wrote:Username: final fantasy
Cat Name: velvetshade
Clan: hazeclan
Prompt:

what velvetshade wants is to be content with herself, to be seen not as someone to receive sympathy but instead someone who can stand her ground. she's always battled against the stares she receives from other cats, the pity cast upon her due to her injuries, and deep down she aches to prove her strength. she encourages her way onto patrols, eager to prove herself and be admired by her clanmates as a strong and worthy warrior.

she wants a legacy above all else. not for the sake of her own egotistical desires, but because she wants to be looked up to and give other cats someone to relate to. her way of passing her legacy on through the clan is not to have kits but to train as many apprentices as possible. her fiery spirit makes her a near-perfect mentor as she pushes the cats she teaches to the limit while still being empathetic and willing to go at their pace, though she does get carried away sometimes.

therefore, her ideal retirement would be something that happens only when she's ready. when she feels her time has come to rest, she'll forego her warrior duties and settle into a comfortable life as an elder, entertaining eager kits and apprentices with tales of her glory days and teaching them how to fight just as she did. swiping claws will turn into the bat of pawpads against mossballs and feathers as she settles into a lifestyle that is calmer but still holds echoes of the brave spirit she's always held so dearly. she regales her younger clanmates with stories of how she got her injuries, how she didn't let any other cat take her less seriously because of them, and her courage will inspire other cats for moons to come.

[299 words]

Congrats on your new friend c: !
Image Image Image

°°°°°
xxxxx Images Pixabay button Chipakers coding 0Zero0

Want some art?
Currently: drawing cats

❀ ✿ ❀
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
hi!
you can call me swishy, i use she/her
pronouns. i work full time at a senior