Ferox Welsh Pony #600 by Arkinhallow

Based on Click to view
Artist Arkinhallow [gallery]
Time spent 1 hour, 8 minutes
Drawing sessions 4
10 people like this Log in to vote for this drawing

Ferox Welsh Pony #600

Postby Arkinhallow » Wed Nov 11, 2020 3:14 pm

Ferox Welsh Ponies (pron. feh-roks) are a hardy pony that originated in Wales. They have fine heads with slightly dished noses, short, muscular legs and stocky bodies. While small - averaging 12 hands - feroxes make good riding horses and are sure-footed owing to the mountains of their origin country. Ferox Welsh Ponies, their name meaning fierce, are known for their big personalities, including a streak of bravery that seems to run through the entire breed. Feroxes are strong but easily handled, making them ideal for all riders. They are frequently seen in bay, black, chestnut and grey, but many other colours have been recorded to appear in the breed, including appaloosa, paint markings and dilutions like champagne.

Owner: HowlingHooves
    Show Name: Láibeach na n-Uiscí
    Barn Name: Murtaugh
    Phenotype: Mushroom manchado
    Genotype: ee/A+a/mumu/mcmc
    Eye Colour: Hot chocolate
    Height: 13.3hh
    Discipline: Mounted Patrol (Forest Ranger)
    Halter Colour: Passage of Fog
    Breeding Notes:
    - will always pass mushroom (carried unless bred to another mushroom)
    - will always pass manchado (carried unless bred to another manchado)
    - carrying agouti (wild bay)

The first mushroom ferox! This is an impress-me comp with a three-prompt maximum. Any prompts are fine, including art, creative writing, a personality, moodboard, theme song or playlist, etc. and coding/pretty-ing up is more than welcome.

End date: 1st December
Last edited by Arkinhallow on Mon Dec 07, 2020 11:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Arkinhallow

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Ferox Welsh Pony #600

Postby Arkinhallow » Sat Nov 14, 2020 3:09 pm

#600 has been released and this competition is now open!
Arkinhallow

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby HowlingHooves » Sun Nov 15, 2020 8:45 am

Show Name: Láibeach na n-Uiscí (muddy the waters, Irish)
    Barn Name: Murtaugh (navigator, Irish)
    Height: 14 hh
    Halter Colour: Passage of Fog (#5b5c48 + #928c8c)
    Prompt 1: Playlist (max two more)
    Prompt 2: The Cliffside Disaster (writing)
    Prompt 3: Trails to a New Beginning (writing)

—————————————
    The Cliffside Disaster
    ;;—;;—;;—;;—;;—;;
    “Hold Murtaugh! Steady!” A voice called to him, followed by a pained grunt even as the horse heaved out a labored breath. It was sight to behold, though, should anyone come upon them at the edge of the mountain cliff. Steep slope to his right, Murtaugh stood with front hooves splayed and hooves dug into the wet, packed ground beneath him; lucky to not skid forward, the rain was clearly on their side as it drizzled like a thin sheet.
    Over the cliff edge was a young man, dressed for life among the forest trails and trees, but he held onto taut reins with one hand, wrapped about his forearm in not altogether safe a way, and the other pressed close to his belly. His face was a grimace of pain, but he persevered as he urged his horse to pull backwards. Slow going, with frequent stops when Murtaugh would startle with the wings of a bird, the call of an elk.. using his feet against the cliff, the young man was relieved beyond belief when, finally, he was upon his back on hard, solid ground.
    Murtaugh, shaking himself out from the stress of pulling a twenty-something year old from the tumble over both his neck and the edge, rumbled worriedly as he paced toward his partner between the trees.
    “You know, Murtaugh,” The man grunted. “You’re supposed to be more at home here than the ranch. Last time I take you out in the rain.” Hauling himself to his feet, he settled for walking next to Murtaugh on the way down the path they had taken, arm hung over the pony’s bare back. “And the last time I skip the saddle.”

Trails to a New Beginning
    ;;—;;—;;—;;—;;—;;
    With good and bad days under their saddle, Murtaugh and Sam made a quiet and reliable partnership for the local Forest Ranger services. Sometimes they took others on trail rides, other times they were patrolling with another mounted officer in search of a poacher or two. Regardless of their days job, the two were a pair of funny and friendly faces among the local community and tourists.
    But days come to an end, as do careers, and eleven years under his saddle was enough. Retirement was waiting for Murtaugh, but the moment was less bitter than the sweet of the event. His day started with an extra carrot stick, his most favorite treat, followed by a very thorough brushing the likes of which neither horse nor rider could remember! As his coat shone under the warm spring sun, Sam racked up his long-time partner before they hit the trails.
    But there was something odd along the path Sam chose, lining the trees and wrapping about them. It clearly hadn’t been there before, and the color was bright. If he had been any younger, he may have spooked! Instead he sniffed as best he could as he walked along, listening to the commands of Sam without batting an eye.
    Noise reached him soon, ears pricking forward, as smells of sweet oats, carrots and apples followed on the still air. Sam laughed as Murtaughs steps picked up just a little, but a gentle pressure on his back reminded Murtaugh to pace himself, lest he trip on any debris that may have moved into their path. The trees parted into a semi-open clearing, and in the flattened grass were tents and children abd adults milling about, excitement in the air.
    “Murtaugh’s here! Mom, he’s here!” A little boy chimed, nearly shaking in his shoes as he tugged on a woman’s hand. She turned and smiled at both Murtaugh and Sam as the man dismounted, reins in hand as he led the way further.
    “Yes, Jason! Are you excited for him?” Jason nodded his head giddily, practically bouncing in his shoes.
    Sam laughed as the two approached, and soon Murtaugh was surrounded by other excited people! He wasn’t bothered in the slightest, happy for the attention and the many, many carrots and apples that were proffered.
    As the day wound into afternoon, soon Sam called attention from everyone and they listened intently.
    “We’ve been happy to server you guys for so long! But we all know Murtaugh is more than ready for an easier life. Thank you all for coming to see him off, I appreciate it and he isn’t complaining with all the carrots he’s getting.” A collection of chuckles issues before quieting, Sam turning to smile at the woman and little boy.
    “Take care of him, Jason. He’ll definitely take care of you if you do.” Sake promised, patting Murtaugh heartily before Jason plowed into him, hugging Sam with all he had.
    “I promise! And you can come see him whenever you want, mom said so! He’ll have new friends, and I’ll make sure to ride him every day and make sure he gets an extra carrot from you every morning.” Jason went on for some minutes, the excitement of a seven year old overwhelming him.
    Murtaugh listened with some interest, eyes watching Jason and ears perked. Sam wasn’t worried in the slightest for his partners new home.
Last edited by HowlingHooves on Mon Nov 16, 2020 3:17 pm, edited 4 times in total.
HowlingHooves

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby beebun » Sun Nov 15, 2020 9:27 am

Owner: Coraly
Show Name: We All Know Why
Barn Name: Trick
Height: 12.5 hh
Discipline: Showing & Lesson Horse
Halter Colour: artist’s Choice
Prompt 1:
Will write something later, wanted to get this form out. 👀
Prompt 2: will be a picture
Prompt 3: not sure what I want to do here, personality, maybe? Idk.

This guy is vr pretty. :00
beebun

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby -wild- » Sun Nov 15, 2020 11:39 am

Owner: -wild-
    Show Name: SV Gemstone Eagle
    Barn Name: Eagle
    Height: 14.2hh
    Discipline: Show Jumping
    Halter Colour: Soft Red ombre
    Prompt 1:
    Prompt 2: (optional)
    Prompt 3: (optional)

wip!!
// use to be wildhorse027 //
-may be slow to reply to things as my irl can be hectic <3-

-wild-

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby DigitalLinx » Tue Nov 17, 2020 5:48 am

Owner: DVTProject
Show Name: A Hop, Skip, Then A Leap!
Barn Name: Toad
Height: 12.2hh
Discipline: Hunter
Halter Colour: A soft green

Prompt 1: "Guess he doesn't like squirrels"
"...Then you'll canter to where you started," Eli finished explaining the course to his student, who nodded excitedly. This was all familiar to Toad, he'd done this same course with 4 other riders. The young rider urged him on into a trot, which Toad gracefully hopped into. They danced over the trot poles before jumping over the small vertical, moving into a smooth canter. The pair jumped over a couple of oxers and verticals before they faced the final and larger jump. Confidently he strode over to it, leaping a bit earlier than he would have liked but they still made it. "Beautiful Ally, beautiful! Give your pony a big pat. Ok, Christopher, you're up next!"

And that's how it went, Chirs and Keitha would go, then Stella and Nevis, then Ally and Toad. On Ally and Toad's final go of the course, everything went to chaos. A small and speedy flash of brown fur came running underneath Toad's legs as he approached the final jump. In an act to get away from the scary and unknown animal, he went into a bucking fit, missing the jump completely. Toad barely noticed Ally sliding from his back as he continued to run. Keitha has reared up a bit when her usually calm friend went bronco on them, but did nothing else but watch. Nevis was now incredibly nervous, moving and shifting in ways that frighted his poor rider.

Once the dust had settled everything slowly calmed down. Alec had caught Toad and was calming the flighty stallion, Chris and Stella were still unharmed, if not a bit shocked and scared. Ally was on the ground holding her left arm as Eli inspected it. Ally let out a slight chuckled mixed with a bit of pain as she said, "Well, guess he doesn't like squirrels,"
Art hopefully coming soon

Prompt 2: "Leap of Faith" (wip)

Prompt 3: "If your running, I'm running" (wip)
Last edited by DigitalLinx on Sun Nov 29, 2020 12:44 am, edited 2 times in total.
"Good Memory? What's That?"
TheDigitalLinx/DVTProject
No Longer Active!

If you need to contact me, please reach me on either Discord or dA!
Disc: DigitalLinx#6169
dA: DVTProject
Image[/center]
DigitalLinx

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby nio » Tue Nov 24, 2020 8:12 pm

Owner: nio
    Show Name: Irish Cream
    Barn Name: Murphy
    Height: 12.0hh
    Discipline: show hunter
    Halter Colour: #b7ca79
    Prompt 1: theme song: peach pit - peach pit
    Prompt 2: open for moodboard!
    Prompt 3:
sun !! he/she/they/any — adult awst cs th
art queueicon cred
𓆟 𓆝 𓆟

semi-hiatus! focusing on bettering my health ^o^
nio

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Arkinhallow » Mon Dec 07, 2020 11:46 am

Sorry for the delay on this one y'all. I'll be judging this one this afternoon <3 Edits from this point on will disqualify you.
x
x

I'm Arkin! ♪ they/them ♪ Adult
3D & 2D artist ♪ AEST ♪ Ravenclaw
All sig/profile art is by me!

useful links:
species I run:
Arkinhallow

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Arkinhallow » Mon Dec 07, 2020 11:03 pm

HowlingHooves wrote:
    Show Name: Láibeach na n-Uiscí (muddy the waters, Irish)
    Barn Name: Murtaugh (navigator, Irish)
    Height: 14 hh
    Halter Colour: Passage of Fog (#5b5c48 + #928c8c)
    Prompt 1: Playlist (max two more)
    Prompt 2: The Cliffside Disaster (writing)
    Prompt 3: Trails to a New Beginning (writing)
    -snip-

Congratulations Hooves, I really enjoyed the playlist you put together and your writing was delightful <3 The max height of Feroxes is actually 13.3hh so I'll change it to that, if that's alright with you!

I'd also like to give a HM to nio. because I really loved your entry, the mood of your combined prompts was so lovely and your art was awesome <3 I'd love to offer you a runner-up pony with your choice of mushroom or manchado :)
x
x

I'm Arkin! ♪ they/them ♪ Adult
3D & 2D artist ♪ AEST ♪ Ravenclaw
All sig/profile art is by me!

useful links:
species I run:
Arkinhallow

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby nio » Mon Dec 07, 2020 11:18 pm

congrats howlinghooves!!

and oh!!! what a lovely surprise, thank you so much!! i'll have to go with munchado <3
sun !! he/she/they/any — adult awst cs th
art queueicon cred
𓆟 𓆝 𓆟

semi-hiatus! focusing on bettering my health ^o^
nio

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me