Forum rules
Reminder: Copying another person's art without permission to reproduce their work is a form of art-theft!
Click here to see the full Art Rules!

Ferox Welsh Ponies by Arkinhallow

Based on Click to view
Artist Arkinhallow [gallery]
Time spent 9 hours, 46 minutes
Drawing sessions 20
43 people like this Log in to vote for this drawing

Versions of this drawing that people have created recently

Ferox Welsh Ponies

Postby Arkinhallow » Sun Jul 05, 2020 8:05 pm

────────────────────────────
Image Image Image Image
ImageImage Image
Ferox Welsh Ponies (pron. feh-roks) are a hardy pony that originated in Wales. They have fine heads with slightly dished noses, short, muscular legs and stocky bodies. While small - averaging 12 hands - feroxes make good riding horses and are sure-footed owing to the mountains of their origin country. Ferox Welsh Ponies, their name meaning fierce, are known for their big personalities, including a streak of bravery that seems to run through the entire breed. Feroxes are strong but easily handled, making them ideal for all riders. They are frequently seen in bay, black, chestnut and grey, but many other colours have been recorded to appear in the breed, including appaloosa, paint markings and dilutions like champagne.

Check out our Spring Event!

05/07/20 - under new ownership! new thread created.
            05/07/20 - artist search is now open.
            12/07/20 - new foal lines unveiled!
            13/07/20 - fully reopened the breed!
            09/08/20 - Discord server launched!
            7/10/20 - Spring Event started!

We're looking for more artists, so please check out the
            artist search if you're interested!

Acknowledgements:
          - SnowRunners, for their development of the breed as the original owner.
          - EmberWolf, as the artist of the lineart.
          - Venatici and Oats, for helping me to get here and being outrageously supportive <3
          - DVTProject as the artist of the banner above!
Last edited by Arkinhallow on Wed Oct 07, 2020 11:50 pm, edited 28 times in total.
Arkinhallow

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Ferox Welsh Ponies

Postby Arkinhallow » Sun Jul 05, 2020 8:06 pm

────────────────
Artists wrote:
HowlingHooves
o
o
o

khenney
ooo
DVTProject
o
o
o

homeward
ooo
x
x
x

gull.
o
o
o

w0ah
Owner wrote:x
x

Arkinhallow

Archivist wrote:Image
Lavellan
Moderators wrote:Image
username
o
o
o

username

Artists
    Artist positions are open! If you are interested, please apply through the artist search!

Archivists
    Archivist positions are closed.

Moderators
    Moderator positions are closed, but may open as the community expands.
Last edited by Arkinhallow on Tue Sep 29, 2020 4:52 pm, edited 22 times in total.
Arkinhallow

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

────────────────

These rules are subject to change at any time. New or updated rules will be indicated using red text.

If you are having trouble with a community or staff member, please come to a moderator or to me, Arkinhallow, to resolve the issue. If you received a strike or ban and would like to contest it, you can do so after some time has passed (see below). You can contest a strike or ban by PMing me and providing your reasoning as to why it should be repealed.

─ As always, CS rules must be followed at all times.
─ Be respectful to staff and community members at all times. Guilt-tripping or being rude or argumentative is not acceptable behaviour.
─ Mini-modding is not allowed. If you see or have an issue, report it to me or to moderators.
─ FWPs cannot be sold for real currency. They can be gifted for free, or exchanged for art; chicken dollars; CS pets; other FWPs or CS-based adopts (provided their rules allow it); breeding slots from FWPs or CS-based adopts; or any other website currency e.g. DA points, FR treasure, etc.
─ If you are selling/gifting a horse, both the new and old owners must post on the horse's page confirming the transfer. Additionally, the new owner should contact the archivist to inform them of the change. A contact form can be found on the archive thread.
─ As a closed species, creating your own ferox is not permitted. Changing the coat design of a ferox you own is also not allowed.
─ You cannot claim designs that you do not own. Likewise, plagiarising backstories or personalities is not permitted.
─ FWPs cannot be taken offsite. Websites like weebly or wix are permitted for character storage.
Users who are banned from CS are considered banned from FWP. Banned users cannot claim their adopts under another account*, even if they can prove they are the same user. (Added 13/9/20)
*If a user was banned before this rule was added, you may appeal the ban after 3 months if you have another account and can prove you are the same user. If this 3-month period has passed and I have not been contacted, your adopts will be readopted out to other users as they would with a regular ban from the species.

Strikes:
    - three strikes result in a ban
    - given for minor offenses
    - may be contested after 1 month
    - can still participate in adopts, breeding, customs etc.

Bans:
    - permanent removal from the species
    - cannot enter for adopts
    - cannot breed or order customs
    - may be contested after 3 months
    - if the appeal is knocked back after 3 months, or the ban is not contested in a timely manner, all horses owned will be repossessed and readopted
Current strikes
none.
Current bans
lennon; (site-banned 1/8/20, can appeal after 1/11/20)
Last edited by Arkinhallow on Tue Sep 29, 2020 4:53 pm, edited 5 times in total.
Arkinhallow

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

────────────────

none yet! please pm me if you're interested <3
Last edited by Arkinhallow on Tue Sep 29, 2020 4:54 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Arkinhallow

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Arkinhallow » Sun Jul 05, 2020 8:07 pm

────────────────

There are a number of things that have changed from Version 1. If you own horses from Version 1 please see the list below to check if any of these affect you. Almost all changes have to do with customs and breedings. Many old pass rates of things like chimeric and birdcatcher spots are redundant - please be aware of new pass rates to avoid any disappointments when breeding.
General Changes
- Disciplines introduced.
General Breedings and Customs Changes
- Breedings and customs are limited to 1 per user every month. This resets at CS rollover at the end of the 31st of each month.
- Breedings are only available when an artist opens slots.
- Limited genes cannot be requested in customs.
- All Feroxes have 5 breeding slots - horses from V1 that have surpassed their slot limit cannot breed again.
- Breedings have a chance to produce twins, a chimeric, or genetic faults such as somatic.
Non-Passing Genes
- The macchiato gene has been discontinued and cannot pass to offspring (macchiato horses can still be bred).
- Brindle (non-chimeric), somatic, and appaloosa mismarks cannot pass to offspring.
- Mules cannot breed.
Gene Pass Rates Changes
- Chimeric now always passes at 15% if a parent is chimeric.
- Pangare is no longer shown as +pangare, and instead is the "P" gene. All horses with +pangare in their genome are considered to be Pp (homozygous for pangare). You can update the genome of your own horse in your stable. If you would like it officially noted then please contact myself or Lavellan and we will put a notice up on the original adoption page of the horse. If you breed a pangare horse, staff may put up this notice regardless for their own benefit.
- Non-genetic traits (which have really inconsistent pass rates in Version 1) now have standardised pass rates that are based on their rarity. Bloodmarks/bloody shoulder, chubari spots, gulastra plume, bider marks, cornmarks, grease spots, birdcatcher spots, and lacing are all non-genetic traits. Common traits pass at a 50% chance, Uncommon at 25%, Rare at 10% and Limited at 5%. You can find out which category the gene belongs to by checking the gene table in the Information Hub.
- If the pass rate for a gene from your V1 horse is not listed anywhere (for example, extreme dun factor currently doesn't have a standard pass rate in version 2) and you want to breed your horse, staff may use the original pass rate, assign it a pass rate (which will then apply to all horses with that gene) or may choose to not account for that gene when breeding. If it is important to you to have that gene pass, you can raise it with staff and we will choose a new pass rate.
Last edited by Arkinhallow on Tue Sep 29, 2020 4:55 pm, edited 21 times in total.
Arkinhallow

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Arkinhallow » Sun Jul 05, 2020 8:08 pm

res
Arkinhallow

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Arkinhallow » Mon Jul 06, 2020 1:06 am

thread is now open for posting!
Arkinhallow

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby little_light » Mon Jul 06, 2020 2:47 am

mark!!!
▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆

𝚒 𝚗 𝚏 𝚒 𝚗 𝚒 𝚝 𝚎xx𝚛𝚎𝚊𝚕𝚒𝚝𝚒𝚎𝚜 𝚝𝚘 𝚎𝚡𝚙𝚕𝚘𝚛𝚎
━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━
𝙰𝙽𝙳 𝙰𝙻𝙻 𝚃𝙷𝙴 𝚃𝙸𝙼𝙴 𝙸𝙽 𝚃𝙷𝙴 𝚆𝙾𝚁𝙻𝙳
━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━
▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆

fr || LINK || LINK || sig
━ ━━ ━ ━━ ━
hello! im little_light, feel free
to call me light. a bit about
i go by she/her pronouns,
im a lesbian and im an artist!
━ ━━ ━ ━━ ━
𝙲𝙾𝙼𝙴, 𝙻𝙸𝚃𝚃𝙻𝙴 𝙻𝙸𝙶𝙷𝚃.
𝚆𝙴 𝙷𝙰𝚅𝙴
━ ━━ ━ ━━ ━
interests include ;; destiny,
transformers, nier, skyrim,
reading, art, music, movies,
and video gaming
~ warlock main ~
▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆

little_light

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Ringo. » Mon Jul 06, 2020 3:13 am

Mark
ImageImageImageImageImage
Hi, call me Max or Ringo.
Pronouns are He/They
I am autistic, have Ehlers-Danlos Syndrome, and Tourette’s
I don't want social interactions if I don't start them first, please.
-----------------------------
TH || ERRP’s ||
Ringo.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Pufferheart » Mon Jul 06, 2020 4:32 am

mark!
ImageImage
Pufferheart -- she/her -- DATHArtfight
I'm just a random person on the internet who
happens to be obsessed with Pyukumuku. I also
like cats, drawing, writing, horses, other pokemon,
DC comics, splatoon, OCs, transformers, frogs,
video games, and dragons. Feel free to PM me for
any reason!
ImageImage
ImageImage

(heart pixels: here, star pixels: here, cupcake pixel: here, pyukumuku pixel: here)
Pufferheart

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me