Re: Stars #3489

Postby Swishy & Broken » Sat Apr 13, 2024 5:17 am

coffee.berry wrote:
    Username: coffee.berry
    Cat Name: starfall
    Clan: peaceclan
    Prompt: [ 821 words ]

starfall dreamed of adventure.

when days were hard and she had no one to talk to, she'd daydream about slaying a three headed dragon, meeting a handsome prince or dancing in fairy fields like the characters in the tales she'd been told. she didn't just dream of adventure, though. she longed for it, so much that it took up her very existence to find an adventure of her own. starfall would try, every day, to look for action in the weirdest places. she looked for dragon eggs behind the waterfalls (no luck), for cute tomcats in twoleg areas (didn't find any) and for meadows she could dance in. the meadow was probably the only thing she could ever accomplish out of her fantasies.

but all that changed one day, when starfall met whisper. she'd travelled to a faraway land, walked longer than she'd ever walked before, and reached a grassy slope, full of flowers. it was almost like the meadows she'd danced in earlier in her life. with that thought, she began to twirl around and giggle as butterflies flew around her. she felt like a princess. then he came.

starfall was too busy twirling to notice she was being watched - by none other than whisper, a cat from peaceclan, who was out on patrol. whisper's companion, lumi, had told the blind cat what was going on, and he looked in the direction of the pawsteps in curiosity. he then heard starfall giggling, and began to laugh as well. starfall stopped twirling and looked behind her. as she noticed whisper, her heart did a little dance. "who are you?" she asked, padding over to the young tomcat. "do you live here?"

whisper nodded, and starfall made a mental note to build a home for herself here. "i'm whisper. yeah, i live up here," he nodded toward peaceclan camp. "in peaceclan." the she-cat gasped. she always knew that clans and tribes existed, but she'd never met a clan cat before! "woah, you're lucky! do you think i could join as well?" starfall questioned the young cat. he thought about it for a moment, then slid his tail around hers and pulled her up the slope, his animal companion following them.

soon enough, they'd gotten through peaceclan borders and starfall had met silverstar. silverstar had agreed to let her stay, and once starfall had told the chief about her longing for adventure, she asked whisper to take her to drakon. starfall had no idea who drakon was, but since she would be going with whisper, she'd happily oblige. whoever this drakon was, he didn't sound very nice, but she could face him. or, he would be a laid-back, chill cat who just wanted to talk.

at one point, they reached a cave. "whisper, how do you know where to go if you're blind? sorry." she apologized, not knowing if this would hurt his feelings or not. he didn't seem bothered. "lumi tells me where to go." he smiled. "she's my other pair of eyes." he said, using a metaphor. starfall understood that he could talk to his companion and understand the words she spoke. starfall wished she had an animal companion!

as they entered the cave, a large voice boomed above them. "who has come to face me?!" a red dragon came flying down and sat in front of the pair. "ah," the dragon (whom starfall figured was drakon) turned his face to starfall and smiled evilly. "it's you, isn't it? i haven't seen you before. let's hope you survive." he said.

"i won't fight you!" starfall said. she always longed for adventure, but now she was more scared than ever. "there's nothing you can do to make me!" she said, but as she spoke, the dragon laughed a big, hearty laugh. "sure, sure. but what if i threaten to.. let's say, kill your blind boyfriend?" he raised a fiery eyebrow. whisper's nose twitched at the last part, but he didn't say anything.

"OKAY, okay. i'll fight you." she said, her voice shaking. she took a deep breath and hurled herself at the dragon. he picked her up with his huge claw and held her in front of his mouth. she could see flames flickering at the bottom of his throat - he was getting ready to blast fire at her. she closed her eyes and braced her self for the immense pain she would be in, but something else happened.

drakon threw her into the air, caught her and placed her in front of him. he then began to laugh again. "you really thought i would kill you or whisper?!" he tried to catch his breath. "i, drakon, the ancient guardian of peaceclan, would never hurt my friends' friend!" he smiled at her. whisper also grinned, and whispered "happy newleaf fools!" to her.

and that was the time when starfall faced her fears, had an adventure of her own, and fell in love.

congrats coffee.berry, enjoy your new friend !
    i added the dog as an animal companion but just let me know if you're not interested in that and i'll remove them <3
Image Image Image

°°°°°
xxxxx Images Pixabay button Chipakers coding 0Zero0

Want some art?
Currently: drawing cats

❀ ✿ ❀
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
hi!
you can call me swishy, i use she/her
pronouns. i work full time at a senior
living facility and live a quiet, content
life with my fiancée and two cats. i