Stars #2932 by Swishy & Broken

Based on Click to view
Artist Swishy & Broken [gallery]
Time spent 1 hour, 12 minutes
Drawing sessions 3
7 people like this Log in to vote for this drawing

Stars #2932

Postby Swishy & Broken » Sat May 20, 2023 8:33 am

Make up some lore for their little bee friend!!
No limits <3

Ends May 30th, 11:59 PM CDT

Code: Select all
[b]Username:[/b]
[b]Cat Name:[/b]
[b]Gender:[/b]
[b]Rank:[/b]
[b]Clan:[/b] (Please link)
[b]Age:[/b] (1 year or above)
[b]Prompt:[/b]
Name:
Clan:
Description: solid cinnamon w/ low white
[nr] animal companion, accessories, expression, claws
[c] ear tufts, min fur, fang, eyelashes, pointy ears
Owner:
Swishy & Broken
General Helper

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Stars #2932

Postby I Like Bees » Sat May 20, 2023 10:53 am

Username: I Like Bees
Cat Name: Semicolon
Clan: The Travelers
Prompt:

The bee, who is named Bee (without an s, definitely not to be confused with Bees the Stars artist who is me and totally different obviously smh), is actually a person from the real world turned into a bee. Bee hated time travel in fiction so much they decided to invent it in the real world to prove to all the authors who had ever written time travel that they were wrong about how it would work. They made a working time machine, eventually, but it didn't work quite how they expected. Instead of time traveling, they were animorphed into a bee and teleported into a fictional world. Now they hate time travel even more than before.
Stars Bagel TH hi
they/them CDT
I Like Bees

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby KittyandCat » Thu May 25, 2023 6:22 pm

Username: KittyandCat
Cat Name: Foxglove
Clan: x
Prompt:

xxxThe three of them lay together in the grass, panting, having crashed after chasing after each other all afternoon. Now they lay, silently looking up at the stars as they rose over the meadow. After a few moments, Blackberry murmured, “You know, mom says where we’re going, the cats believe the stars are dead cats.” He said it lightly, but as Foxglove turned to look at him, she saw a pained smile on his muzzle. “I wonder if I’ll start believing that nonsense when I meet them.”
xxxFoxglove looked over Blackberry’s chest and just barely caught Barnaby’s gaze, before he looked away. She could see him blinking away tears. Finally, she meowed, “If the stars are cats, maybe the moon is their way of communicating,” “How does that even-” “So when you leave, you better try talking to the moon to talk to us.” She stared back up at the stars, her throat tight, until Blackberry finally sighed. “I will.”

- - -

xxxFoxglove jerked up out of her nest as she awoke. It wasn’t a nightmare, but she felt her breath catch and heard her heavy breathing in the silence. She sat up in the darkness, staring into nothing while she waited for her eyes to adjust. The quiet, the dark, it was suffocating.
xxxAfter a few hasty licks to her chest fur, Foxglove squeezed out from under the little cave in the roots of the wisteria tree. Wind immediately ruffled her fur, and she shivered. She wondered if she should run to the Star Strider’s camp and wake up Barnaby, but ultimately decided against it, and set off for the meadow.
xxxAfter Blackberry had left, Foxglove had traveled with the Star Seekers, not able to bear the idea of losing her other friend. Deep down she’d always known she would travel with them, she’d always known they didn’t mean to settle permanently in her home. They were traveling cats. And yet, she still didn’t consider herself a part of their group. She was welcomed and praised in their presence when she came around, but she was always a bit of an outsider.
xxxThe group had arrived in the new territory just a few days ago, their leader announcing this was where the “dead cats in the stars” had led him. She found it funny, that it wasn’t only Blackberry’s new leader who believed in fairy tales.
xxx All of the cats had been resting, and hadn’t explored their new territory, but Foxglove remembered seeing a meadow in the distance when they had arrived. It didn’t take long to arrive, and when she did, she looked around in awe. Flowers of every color bloomed from every open place, illuminated by the moon.
xxx…The moon. Foxglove hesitated. She hadn’t spoken to it for seasons. She had stopped having the heart to believe a long time ago. She still caught Barnaby whispering to it, from time to time, when he thought everyone was asleep. She sighed, before beginning awkwardly, “Hey, um, moon… or, Blackberry, I guess? Uh, what’s up?” She cringed at herself. Why was this so hard? She was all alone, in the middle of the night, in a huge meadow. No cat could hear her.
xxx “I guess ‘what’s up’ isn’t really what you want to hear after so long… I’m sorry for not trying for so long. I don’t really think you can hear me, but… I still miss you. I think Barnaby misses you even more than me. I guess he did know you longer. He’s still my only friend. Who would’ve thought a childhood friend I haven’t seen in seasons would still mean so much to me… It’s kind of funny, I guess.” She shifted her paws. “Hey, um, if you can hear me, could you send me a sign?”
xxxCrickets chirped. Wind ruffled the grass. Foxglove felt her face heat up. Of course Blackberry couldn’t hear her. And even if he could, how could he send a sign? She turned to leave, but paused as something zipped past her nose. She flinched backwards, her ears pricked, listening. It was silent. She took another step, and jumped as a loud buzz sounded in her ear. She jerked away and saw… a bee?

bonus: I drew this for their reunion but then decided not to write it into the prompt 😭

he/him | EST

-flight rising

Image Image
KittyandCat

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby jupiter, » Sun May 28, 2023 9:42 pm

Username: jupiter,
    Cat Name: honey
    Clan: flora clan
    Prompt:
honey has always been fascinated by insects. one day on a stroll, she found a weak honey bee in need of some tlc and recooperation.
she quickly scooped him up and took him home, making sure to take extra care whilst tending to him.
he was forever greatful for her help and stuck by
♥ ♡ ♥
|| jupiter || she/he/they || female ||
╔══════════════════╗

JOIN THE LETS TALK CHICKEN SMOOTHIE DISCORD SERVER TODAY!
♡ thankyou vesper` for being the sweetest little ray of sunshine ♡
links; artshop, th, bingus
╚══════════════════╝
|| 𓆏 || 𓆏 || 𓆏 ||
♥ ♡ ♥

jupiter,

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Swishy & Broken » Fri Jun 02, 2023 7:45 pm

KittyandCat wrote:Username: KittyandCat
Cat Name: Foxglove
Clan: x
Prompt:

xxxThe three of them lay together in the grass, panting, having crashed after chasing after each other all afternoon. Now they lay, silently looking up at the stars as they rose over the meadow. After a few moments, Blackberry murmured, “You know, mom says where we’re going, the cats believe the stars are dead cats.” He said it lightly, but as Foxglove turned to look at him, she saw a pained smile on his muzzle. “I wonder if I’ll start believing that nonsense when I meet them.”
xxxFoxglove looked over Blackberry’s chest and just barely caught Barnaby’s gaze, before he looked away. She could see him blinking away tears. Finally, she meowed, “If the stars are cats, maybe the moon is their way of communicating,” “How does that even-” “So when you leave, you better try talking to the moon to talk to us.” She stared back up at the stars, her throat tight, until Blackberry finally sighed. “I will.”

- - -

xxxFoxglove jerked up out of her nest as she awoke. It wasn’t a nightmare, but she felt her breath catch and heard her heavy breathing in the silence. She sat up in the darkness, staring into nothing while she waited for her eyes to adjust. The quiet, the dark, it was suffocating.
xxxAfter a few hasty licks to her chest fur, Foxglove squeezed out from under the little cave in the roots of the wisteria tree. Wind immediately ruffled her fur, and she shivered. She wondered if she should run to the Star Strider’s camp and wake up Barnaby, but ultimately decided against it, and set off for the meadow.
xxxAfter Blackberry had left, Foxglove had traveled with the Star Seekers, not able to bear the idea of losing her other friend. Deep down she’d always known she would travel with them, she’d always known they didn’t mean to settle permanently in her home. They were traveling cats. And yet, she still didn’t consider herself a part of their group. She was welcomed and praised in their presence when she came around, but she was always a bit of an outsider.
xxxThe group had arrived in the new territory just a few days ago, their leader announcing this was where the “dead cats in the stars” had led him. She found it funny, that it wasn’t only Blackberry’s new leader who believed in fairy tales.
xxx All of the cats had been resting, and hadn’t explored their new territory, but Foxglove remembered seeing a meadow in the distance when they had arrived. It didn’t take long to arrive, and when she did, she looked around in awe. Flowers of every color bloomed from every open place, illuminated by the moon.
xxx…The moon. Foxglove hesitated. She hadn’t spoken to it for seasons. She had stopped having the heart to believe a long time ago. She still caught Barnaby whispering to it, from time to time, when he thought everyone was asleep. She sighed, before beginning awkwardly, “Hey, um, moon… or, Blackberry, I guess? Uh, what’s up?” She cringed at herself. Why was this so hard? She was all alone, in the middle of the night, in a huge meadow. No cat could hear her.
xxx “I guess ‘what’s up’ isn’t really what you want to hear after so long… I’m sorry for not trying for so long. I don’t really think you can hear me, but… I still miss you. I think Barnaby misses you even more than me. I guess he did know you longer. He’s still my only friend. Who would’ve thought a childhood friend I haven’t seen in seasons would still mean so much to me… It’s kind of funny, I guess.” She shifted her paws. “Hey, um, if you can hear me, could you send me a sign?”
xxxCrickets chirped. Wind ruffled the grass. Foxglove felt her face heat up. Of course Blackberry couldn’t hear her. And even if he could, how could he send a sign? She turned to leave, but paused as something zipped past her nose. She flinched backwards, her ears pricked, listening. It was silent. She took another step, and jumped as a loud buzz sounded in her ear. She jerked away and saw… a bee?

bonus: I drew this for their reunion but then decided not to write it into the prompt 😭

KittyAndCat, you put so much effort into this contest-- you truly deserve this kitty <3 <3
    Congrats on your new friend c: !
Image Image Image

°°°°°
xxxxx Images Pixabay button Chipakers coding 0Zero0

Want some art?
Currently: drawing cats

❀ ✿ ❀
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
hi!
you can call me swishy, i use she/her
pronouns. i work full time at a senior
living facility and live a quiet, content