Forum rules
Reminder: Copying another person's art without permission to reproduce their work is a form of art-theft!
Click here to see the full Art Rules!

Re: Stars V.2 • Explore

Postby LittleMaple » Fri Aug 05, 2022 6:31 am

Aetherclan
[url=link]Last Explore Post[/url] | [url=link]Last Response Received[/url]

Eveningstar poked Hyacinthpool gently, trying to not startle the she-cat. She huffed when she saw her polite approach was being met with more snoring from the rosetted tabby, and shoved them with her front paws. Hyacinthpool jumped up and looked around, tail bristling.

"Eveningstar! Why would you do that? You nearly scared me out of my fur!" Hyacinthpool exclaimed.

Eveningstar laughed, "You wouldn't wake up! It's not like the owl hooted. Now come on, we've got a patrol to go on."

Hyacinthpool tilted her head in confusion and muttered to herself, "The owl hooted? What does that even mean..." before following Eveningstar out of the cave. The sun glistened on the thin layer of snow that had appeared over night, their territory now a winter wonderland.

Eveningstar breathed in the crisp mountain air before carefully making her way to the grass. Sometimes, she mused, having the dens in the mountain side wasn't all that pleasent what with having to climb up and down everyday. She shrugged though and motioned for Hyacinthpool to follow her.

The two traveled into the densely wooded forest nearby that grew atop the mountain. Prey and herbs were abundant here, and Eveningstar knew they would need it, now that leafbare had shown its icy face.

[ # words ]

-- cats on patrol
Eveningstar | she/her | HP 100% | HUP 0% | Sick: N
Hyacinthpool | she/they | HP 100% | HUP 0% | Sick: N

-- custom predators / prey
I'm picking my own!
new prey:
scraps, bugs, berries | 1 FP
bone marrow (scavenged), mouse, vole, shrew, small fish | 2 FP
medium fiesh, frog, squirrel, baby rabbit | 3 FP
rabbit, snow hare, bird, large fish| 4 FP
beaver, eagle, vulture, | 5 FP
new predators:
Wolf, fox, bobcats, bears
Would you like your current inventory converted to the new prey list? n/a
-- level 0
experience: 0
-- items in inventory used
Any items used/eaten this post
ex. food, herbs, etc.
-- active quests:
quest #1 (linked)
-- opted in to death?
no
-- inventory
prey | 1 FP | x0
prey | 2 FP | x0
prey | 2 FP | x0
prey | 3 FP | x0
prey | 3 FP | x0
prey | 4 FP | x0

herb | x0
herb | x0
herb | x0
    maple moment
    call me maple!
    artist, poet, goober
    i <3 warrior cats
    ──────────────────
    the poptart! 🍩
    ──────────────────
    ImageImage
    ──────────────────
    Aetherclan SSG TPO
    SVBs TRMK (HAWKC)
    ──────────────────
    lower the bar cus'
    i'm choking on stardust
LittleMaple

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

~ 10 • Explore ~

Postby Whovian5EVA » Fri Aug 05, 2022 11:22 pm

EXPLORE TITLE: ~ 10 • Explore ~
xxxxxxxxxxxxx

CRATERCLAN

Last Explore Post|Last Response Received

♦ ♦♦♦ ♦
***(The Past)***
Emberstorm dropped into a crouch the moment she had spotted the rogue, it was a rough life for everyone, and she'd been fortunate enough to find some bugs to keep her going… She tossed the thought about in her mind for a short time, and at last decided to sneak away, and leave the stranger to their hunt. The Cold-time hadn't been too harsh on her so she figured she would pass on that fortune to another. The days were often pretty similar out here in the desert on her own… wake up, hunt, sleep… She once again looked up at the stars dancing above, and silently promised that if she could do anything to help the future generations avoid this fate, she would do it all…

***(Current Day)***

Littlepaw shuffled about in her spot excitedly, anticipation rushing through her.
"Littlepaw, are you ready?" Blossomheart greeted Craterclan's first apprentice, she smiled, thinking about how quickly Littlepaw had grown. "Today I think we can take a tour of Craterclan's territory so you know where you can go I'd hate to see an apprentice try to take on a fully grown Warrior…"
The two set out for the night tracing the border heading west along the crater wall until they reached the salt lake. Littlepaw just about bounced the whole way there, still almost vibrating with excitement. Blossomheart did her best to keep the apprentice on track, pointing out herbs and prey burrows along the way. "This is where Dawnfeather speaks to Starclan, it's a very special place." The light sparked on the crystallised lake's surface, Blossomheart wondered why she still hadn't heard from her parents… when they had first gone missing from her dreams, she had come here hoping to find them, but there wasn't even a hint of them… shaking the thought from her mind she returned her attention to Littlepaw,who was seemingly unaffected by the importance of the lake. "Let's keep going…"
"Okie Dokie!" Littlepaw raced away, just excited to finally be out of the den.
Here we go again.
They ran along the edge of the salt lake until they reached the massive gum tree at the center of the crater, Blossomheart raced ahead to stop Littlepaw at this tree. "We've made it to the center, the crater stretches out in every direction from here, and this marks the edge of our territory, it's very important you don't cross over.”
Littlepaw looked up at her ginger mentor, she sensed the seriousness in her mentor’s voice, and was even a little worried that she might be in trouble at first. Blossomheart gently sighed sensing the apprentice’s alarm, “I’m not mad, I just really need you to understand that you can’t cross this border, or something might happen to you.” Littlepaw nodded, taking in her mentor’s words. Blossomheart reflected on the situation with Snowspark’s half-clan kits, hoping that Littlepaw wouldn’t get herself in that sort of trouble… Feeling like she had understood, Blossomheart said “Let’s go, I’ll show you the whole border.”
The two continued to trace Craterclan’s border until they finally reached camp as it was nearing half-night.
“How’s the night going?” Snowspark greeted the two at the burrow’s entrance.
“I just showed Littlepaw the borders, and some herb locations, but I think it might be time for a rest, It's a lot of traveling for someone so young.” Blossomheart smiled at the young apprentice that had been so ready to run all night long, now sleepy from exertion.
Windgaze trotted over with Aspenwind, “How’d you go?” Windgaze asked.
“I got to see the big gum tree! and the salt lake! It was very fun, but I’m very tired…” Aspenwind noticed how sleepy she was and suggested “I think you should take a rest,” He smiled as he gently licked the top of her head before nudging her towards the newly dug out apprentice’s den.
***(The Past)***
Emberstorm thought about the stories that Furzetuft had shared, of the cats all living together, they’d escaped the lonely fate that Emberstorm was stuck with… She sighed as she rolled over, preparing herself to start her night of hunting, the moon hanging low in the sky, and stars twinkling she set out for the night…

♦ ♦♦♦ ♦
xxxxxxxxxxxxx
705 words
xxxxxxxxxxxxx
♦ ♦♦♦ ♦

╔══════════════════════╗
CATS ON PATROL

Emberstorm |she/her | HP 99% | HUP 30% | Sick: N

╚══════════════════════╝

╔═════════════════╗
PREDATOR/PREY
X
╚═════════════════╝
╔═════════════════╗
LEVEL 5
271/650 EXP
╚═════════════════╝

╔═════════════════╗
DEATH OPT IN LINK
X
╚═════════════════╝
╔═════════════════╗
ACTIVE QUESTS
N/A
╚═════════════════╝

╔═════════════════╗
INVENTORY
▉PREY:▉
scraps | 1FP | x4
bugs | 1FP | x5
dunnart | 2FP | x3
plains mouse | 2FP | x2
bearded dragon | 3FP | x1
bush stone curlew | 4FP | x1
wallaby | 5FP | x2
HERBS:
borage leaves | x2
burdock root | x1
catmint | x2
chamomile | x1
coltsfoot | x1
daisy leaves | x2
fennel | x1
horsetail | x1
lavender | x1
mallow leaves | x1
ragwort leaves | x1
ragwort | x1
rush | x1
stinging nettle | x1
╚═════════════════╝
╔═════════════════╗
ITEMS USED IN THIS EXPLORE

N/A

╚═════════════════╝

If I'm online at weird
times its because
I'm from Australia.
You can call me Vee! :)
Uni Student | adult
I draw sometimes I guess?
Whovian5EVA

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

♕ ⊱── 002. [august explore replies] !! ))

Postby faelyn » Sat Aug 06, 2022 7:11 am

xxRAINCLAN !!xx
x
yuma.exe / post
writer's last reply <3
x
written words exp: 15 exp
additional exp: 05exp ---
food+herb exp: 02 exp
patrol exp: 10 exp ----
death opt exp: no exp
total exp: 32 exp -----
███████

─────────────────────────────────────────
hearts.
fathomed of butterflies and azaleas… fragile as the ivory bones of lilting swans - they were a delicate vessel ready to be broken. a vessel ever-so slowly ticking away til the day it didn’t.

but hers… her heart had always been incomplete, missing a piece that an angel needed to fill. her mother.
at the mention of the angel, entire starry fairytales and spiralling galaxies would illuminate the soft jades trapped within [i]his gaze.
her father’s gaze.

an entire love story stacked with moth-eaten pages were painted in his eyes, laced with memories of an angel and a prince that had fallen madly in love.

it was… tragic.
for the love story had come to a pause - a pause brought about by seas, devils and… danger in the form of a monster, threatening to devour her like the fragments of lost souls strewn across the earth.
(+1fp [scraps], +1fp [scraps], +2exp)

she was floating. she was levitating.
she was a magician lost in an performance of spears and silver blades gone wrong - for all she heard was the gnashing of teeth and the glisten of rusted armour as she descended from her place above into the nethers below.

thud.

“tigermist! tigermist!” broken and wavering, the desperate plea was a curse to her heart - breaking it ever-so slowly as rainstorm curls brushed against hers. “wake up, darling - please.”

“d-dad?”

“hush, my lovely.” all around her, the sweetest of embraces adorned her in embers - mellow and solicitous as if daylight had come upon them in the form of a dove. “it’s gone, now… the monster is gone.”
(+5exp for predator battle <3)

┌──────────────────────────────────────────────┐
fp earned: 2 fpxxxxx level: level 1 (154/200) -> level 1 (186/200)xxxxxitems earned: n/a xxfree posts? : zero posts xxxxx
herbs earned: +no herbs xxxxxhunger: 10% for the entire patrol!

└──────────────────────────────────────────────┘
Last edited by faelyn on Wed Aug 24, 2022 11:58 am, edited 1 time in total.
faelyn

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Peaceclan || Explore #16

Postby coffee.berry » Mon Aug 08, 2022 2:57 am

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

It was a snake. As beautiful as a thousand stars, but as poisonous as a thousand holly berries. Honeysuckle didn't know what to do - then again, this would make a great story; if she lived on to tell it, that is. Honeysuckle remembered something. Oakspeck had gotten away from a snake once before! She almost hugged the snake, that's how happy she was that she remember that horrific incident.

Now she just had to remember what Oakspeck did.

Oh, yes! Slick surfaces. That was it. Honeysuckle gave the snake a nervous smile, shrugged and ran to the Cave Of Secrets - a slick mountain only cats could climb. She dug her claws into the slick surface of the mountain, and threw herself up, thinking of all the important things she would miss out on if she didn't survive - she wouldn't leave the earth. She would survive.

⋆ word count; 122 words

levels & xp ━━━━

⋆ level 3 (188/400XP)
    active quests━━━━━━

⋆ link by [fennel/furzetuft]
    ⋆ link by [fennel/furzetuft]
━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

cats on patrol━━━━━━━━━━

⋆ Honeysuckle | she/her | adopt page
      0% hunger | 100% health | not sick
    prey inventory

⋆ 1FP scraps | x5
    ⋆ 1FP bugs | x1
    ⋆ 2FP vole | x3
    ⋆ 2FP mouse | x0
    ⋆ 2FP small fish | x0
    ⋆ 3FP squirrel | x1
    ⋆ 3FP fish | x0
    ⋆ 4FP rabbit | x0
    ⋆ 4FP crow | x2
    ⋆ 4FP big fish | x0
    ⋆ 5FP eagle | x0
    herb inventory (pt one)━━

⋆ Mallow Leaves | x1
    ⋆ Goldenrod | x2
    ⋆ Elder Leaves | x1
    ⋆ Catchweed | x1
    ⋆ Lungwort | x1

⋆ Goatweed | x1
    ⋆ Burdock Root | x1
    ⋆ Horsetail | x1
    ⋆ Dock | x1
    ⋆ Bindweed | x1
    herb inventory (pt two)━━

⋆ Fennel | x3
    ⋆ Stinging Nettle | x1
    ⋆ Sweet Sedge | x1
    ⋆ Tormentil | x1
    ⋆ Watermint | x1

⋆ Broadleaf Plantain | x1
    ⋆ Chamomile | x1
    ⋆ Foxglove Seeds | x1
    ⋆ Wintergreen | x1
    ⋆ type of herb | x1
━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━
    inventory items used

⋆ 1 FP bugs for Honeysuckle - already removed it, kept her HUP at 0 <3
    notes for responding writer

15 XP
Last edited by coffee.berry on Tue Aug 30, 2022 8:54 pm, edited 2 times in total.
coffee.berry

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby xem » Mon Aug 08, 2022 6:50 am

Aetherclan
LittleMaple

Previous Reply

⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯

The air was crisp and cold against the duo's noses as they wandered away from their home, creeping along rocks as they traveled. Hycanithpool’s muscles warmed up a bit the more they walked, allowing her to feel a bit more at ease in the cold weather. “I don’t think the prey would even want to come out in such chilly conditions.” They mumbled under their breath, flanking Eveningstar’s starboard side. The leader chuckled, “Well, we are out because we are hungry, no? So surely the prey will be out too.” She said softly, reassuring the healer.

Hyacinthpool still wasn’t quite convinced, and wondered if she should have stayed back in her nice cozy den. If only Eveningstar hadn’t awoken her so abruptly. Though she suddenly paused, catching a faint scent of something familiar. Without a word, Hyacinth began pawing at a snowy area near a rock, uncovering a dried herb. Their eyes lit up with delight, “This will help greatly with infection should any of our own need it. Perhaps it was worthwhile coming out.” She said, beaming at Eveningstar.

【 +1 Wild Garlic, +1 XP】

The leader watched Hyacinthpool, pleased she had at least found something of use. “Well done, now, hopefully we can find something else that can fill our bellies.” She said, flicking her tail at her side, signaling for the healer to stand by their side once again. With the new herb in her jaws, the more upbeat Hyacinth joined her leader's side once more.

They continued a silent approach down the mountain, watching the cliffs and rocks for movement. Though the air was eerily silent, and the wind still, making it hard to pick up any scents passing by. Just when the leader was feeling they should turn back, Hyacinth suddenly stopped in her tracks. The herbs dropped from her jaws, “I think I just saw a small rock move over there.” She whispered, catching Eveningstar’s attention. She looked where her friend directed, before finally catching the movement with her eyes. “Not a rock, a mouse.” She mewed with amusement, “You crouch down here, I’ll go see if I can fetch us a meal.”

Eveningstar crouched into their best hunting position, keeping their tail and hind end low. Every step was deadly silent, until she was close enough to practically taste the mouse on her tongue. With one swift leap, the molly claimed her prey in a single blow, before carrying it back to Hycanithpool proudly.

【 +1 Mouse, +2 XP 】

“We’ve done well in this chilly morning, should we head back with our goods, or see if there’s any more prey hiding around?” The leader asked Hyacinthpool, pondering the question herself. This looked like a more promising place to hunt, but it also seemed like a good idea to bring their findings back home for now. Regardless, their journey had been fruitful so far.

◤⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯◥

❖ 【 +20 XP for Words Written
❖ 【
+10 XP for Patrol Sent
❖ 【
+2 XP Prey, +1 XP Herb

Total

+33 XP
+1 Mouse (2 FP)
+1 Wild Garlic

Level 0 → Level 0 (33/100)

2 Free Posts Remaining!

◣⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯◢

┌──────┐

✧ artist
✧ guitarist

th
credit

└──────┘

i love my friends
xem
Oekaki Moderator

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

[0194.] viv's explore replies

Postby Vivika » Mon Aug 08, 2022 9:54 am

CLAN OF THE SEA BREEZE!!
    xxx( sha the sheep archive last post )

Back and forth. Back and forth. Back and forth

The pendant rocked, a mesmerizing dance of gold and scarlet, twirling like a runaway flame. At the center… a large, seated ruby. A dragon’s eye of fire and brimstone, curved in a harsh glint under the glimmers of sun.

Silence hung, an unsettling scream in his ears. Why weren’t they answering? Salt and sea kissed the tips of his paws, their rumbling song filling the silence. But it wasn't enough. He needed an answer.

He cleared his throat, pressing his paws in the wet sand. “Hello?”

That cursed pendant only continued swinging.

He huffed, daring a step closer. Under his paws, the sand shifted. Crumbling layer by layer by layer. A little wriggling creature emerged, a silver streak smeared with tawny sand and a violet blossom. (+2FP minnow, +1 lungwort)

The pendant stopped.

Impossible, considering… the turning form of the stranger. Their shadow unfurled before them, revealing eyes identical to the precious stone. Hard and crimson, the flickers of light veiled by the smothering sea of red. Dragon eyes.

“I want what’s mine.” Silky and smooth, their voice fractured the brittle silence. “And I will take it.”

His steps neared the shoreline. “Take a step on these shores and you’ll regret it.”

But three dragon eyes neared, slipping from the sandbar to silky waters. Two from the stranger, one from that cursed pendant. The glinting speck of crimson grew, looming, and a clawed paw scrabbled on the shore. But that paw… was not akin to a dragon’s. That paw trembled, feeble and scrawny, bones so prominent despite the show of bravado and the cold surety of their words.

“I think we both know this isn’t a fight you’ll win.” In a flash, his paw gripped the stranger’s, pinning their paw underneath his. “Get out of here while you can.”

Crimson eyes flickered, darting to the minnow on the shores. The sodden blossom. His side. Still tainted with that faint coppery scent, a scratch from the bushes. Their gaze locked on it.

They lunged.

Fool.” With a hiss, he veered sharply. The strike skimmed his side, claws combing through the tangle of his curls. A trio of claws snagged, a biting sting trailing, burning. But he leaned into the attack, ramming the stranger with his head. (-5% health for ternfeather ━ no herbs or rest needed to continue patrolling!)

A thunderous splash and water sprayed, the hard droplets drumming against his muzzle. They stepped back as the stranger flailed, the glint of red in their eyes submerging beneath the seas.

Froth broke the surface. The stranger's head lifted from the waters, streams of water swooping from their jaw. They snarled, a sea dragon toppled from its throne of sand and coral, the illusion of grandeur exposed, revealing the shell of a creature. A creature desperate and alone. Their gaze lingered, that same crooked glint of a dragon's eye, glittering with a silent promise: I'll be back.

But he stood on the shores, unwavering until those dragon eyes flitted back into the waters. When the waters stilled once more, leaving only the faintest foam of bubbles, his shoulders eased. (rogue defeated!)

Ternfeather!

Two sets of pawsteps. One light and flitting like a butterfly’s wing beat, another heavier and steady.

“Ternfeather! I-I know you said to get help, but━” Igneouspaw’s jaws parted, the words tangled on his tongue. “A-and I tried. I really did! But there’s this… other thing. This…”

“The name’s Furzetuft.” Soft and lyrical, her voice rose like a melody. An unfamiliar one. “And as I was telling this little one, I’m… in need of some assistance.” With a light chuckle, she nodded once towards the flustered bundle beside her. “A friend of mine is ill on the mainland and I could really use some help…”

Furzetuft (an npc) has appeared! She's looking for one herb (any!) for a sick friend of hers ━ does the patrol aid her or turn her down?

xx
    totals

xx+10% hunger for each patrol cat
    xxxx↳ ternfeather (30% hunger), igneouspaw (20% hunger)
    xxxxxname (00% hunger), name (00% hunger), name (00% hunger)

xx-5% health for ternfeather
    xxxx↳ ternfeather (90% health)

xxxp stats (opted out for death)
    xxxx↳ +30XP for writing, +10XP for patrol sent, +5XP for border skirmish
    xxxxxx+2XP for prey, +1XP for herbs

xxprey + herb finds for patrol
    xx+2FP minnow
    xx+1 lungwort

xxitem finds
    xxxx↳ n/a

xxlevels
    xxxx↳ +48XP → level 3 (138/400XP)
    ────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────x

xxImagex
    notes: n/a! <33
──────────────────────────────────────────────────
Vivika

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby yutashu » Mon Aug 08, 2022 6:11 pm

(Word count: 253)

She stored her findings, thankful to her leaf lead, and looked around at where she ended up. Ah! This is near the town… near the walker’s shelters, i think? I could find someone to join the clan here! She perked up immediately and headed off into the asphalt maze with a quick jump.

Her claws landed on the road uncomfortably. It felt wrong, a reminder of her short lived days as a loner scrambling and hiding around the streets just like this one. She shivered and sped up slightly, trotting along the roadside. Oh! Hey, there’s a cat up there….She looks a little young, though. I’d like to say- 18 moons? or less? She crouched and backed up behind a wooden box to plan her approach.

…she didn’t plan it very well to say the least. As soon as she got in sight range of the poor cat she jumped and started hissing.

Woah! Please, calm down a little? replied to by a shaky hiss. Are you okay? im not here to hurt you, please!

how did you find me? I thought I said i didn’t want to see you anymore! I did it already, you can lay off! You have nothing more to get from me! the torbie spat, whipping around and scrambling up a pile of trash into a broken window and disappearing.

shellstar followed her, nearly falling on the way but managing to land cleanly in the recked old shelter. The shadows seemed to hide something menacing from her view.

(Quest has been fulfilled by the common myo last explore post <3)

-- cats on patrol
Shellstar | She/her | HP 98% | HUP 20% | Sick: no

N/A
-- level 2
experience: 76/200
-- items in inventory used
/
-- opted in to death?
yes
-- inventory
scraps | 1 FP | x3
bugs | 1 FP | x3
mouse | 2 FP | x2

stinging nettle | x1
lovage | x1
burnet | x1
chickweed | x2
juniper berries | x1
hawkweed | x1
stick | x1
deadly nightshade | x1
lungwort | x1
hello! hope your having a good day :)!!
ImageImageImageImage

links for myself!
stubclan - wildflower grove
all adoptables archive
yutashu

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby nindroidzane » Tue Aug 09, 2022 10:33 am

The fox.

Littlepaw stilled, risking a quick glance around as she settled deeper into her mother's fur. It had been so long since they'd seen it, she'd thought that… that maybe Leafshade had scared it off for good.

Her mother spoke again after a long moment, the weight of the situation settling into their chests.

"We have to go." She murmured firmly, leaning down to touch her nose to Littlepaw's ear. "Now. We'll be safer at home."

"But…" Littlepaw gripped the soggy top hat under her claws anxiously, glancing back at Leafshade. "Shouldn't we bring the rest of the fish? I know I ate some already, but..."

"Forget the fish." Leafshade huffed, nudging her to her paws. "Maybe it'll distract the thing."

"Alright…" Littlepaw leaned down to take her prize home with them, at least - but paused, frowning.

"Shwou-" She spit the hat back onto the ground. "Wouldn't stopping the fox now make it stop coming back?"

Breezewhisper tensed, tail twitching ever so slightly. "Littlepaw, we can't. I don't know how much you remember, but… we just can't do that."

"But-!" She tried again, but Leafshade placed her tail over her muzzle, shushing her with a look.

"Come on, kit. We don't want any more trouble with that old fox." Leafshade sighed, sparing a glance at her flank before stepping briskly to Breezewhisper's side. Littlepaw could hear her muttering reassurances to her mother - she must've been really worried about this silly old fox…

Tail twitching with more agitation than her mother's, Littlepaw glanced down at her new top hat. Of course she remembered the fox attack. She could never forget that unnatural colour staining the snow… or how Leafshade had fallen, how she'd looked barely alive…

Littlepaw shuddered. That had been a long time ago - it felt like it, anyway. The fox was probably older, and weaker by now - and she was bigger and stronger than she ever had been. Maybe she could be useful in a skirmish this time around. Maybe she could make it up to Leafshade for saving her and her mother; make her mother feel safe in their territory for once since the attack.

Furzetuft had shown her magic was real. She glanced down at the soggy old top hat. With a determined swish of her tail, she stood, clawing it onto her head.

With luck, magic would help her slip away unseen. As scary as the fox was - as scary as the memories were - Littlepaw knew what she had to do.

All she needed was a little magic. She would make it out alive - she had to. For them.

[ 441 words ]

--inventory
egg | 1 FP | x17 :D
berries | 1 FP | x1
lemming | 2 FP | x1
stoat | 2 FP | x2
arctic tern | 2 FP | x2
arctic hare | 3 FP | x1
herring | 3 FP | x2 (used x1)

chervil | treats infections; helps bellyache & birth | x1
chamomile | strengthens heart & soothes mind | x1
alder bark | treats toothache | x2
rush | binds broken bones | x1
stick | helps bind broken bones | x1
foxglove seeds | may cause paralysis & heart failure | x1
wintergreen | may help wounds or infection | x1
water hemlock | poisonous green or white flowers | x1
burdock root | prevents infection | x2
bright-eye | helps cure cough | x1
tormentil | helps healing & extracts poison | x1
honey | soothes sore throats & infections | x1

--cats on patrol
Littlepaw | she/her | HP 100% | HUP 50% | Sick: N
Breezewhisper | she/her | HP 100% | HUP 20% | Sick: N
Leafshade | she/her | HP 20% | HUP 30% | Sick: N

ImageImageImage

--items in inventory used
x1 herring (for littlepaw)
-- active quests: none!

--level 4
experience: 263 + 200 from q | u | e | s | t | board

-- opted in to death?
no
nindroidzane

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby xem » Tue Aug 09, 2022 6:19 pm

Stubclan
yutahsu

Previous Reply

⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯

Shellstar didn’t know what to think as the cat before her suddenly hissed menacingly, causing the molly’s muscles to tense, preparing for a fight. Just in case. The instinct of survival learned from her prior days had never left her, keeping her brain tuned to viability at the slightest hint of danger. Now, Shellstar truly had no intentions of hurting the frightened cat, but knew she could never be too careful when dealing with strangers.

Something felt off, the newcomers' ramblings not making any sense. Did the cat mistake her for someone else? Nevertheless, the leader bounded after them. She had to make sense of what was going on at the very least, right?

As she stood in front of the wrecked shelter, her stomach churned, the faintest bit of dread washing over her. Something still wasn’t right. And just before the she-cat could take a step forward, a voice made Shellstar almost jump out of her fur.

“Bird watcher?”

Shellstar whipped around, fur on end, before recognizing the cat before her. The honey toned molly with bright yellow eyes stood before her, vivid and happy in comparison to the sinister building behind her. She let out a sigh of relief, “Oh Furzetuft, you scared the daylights out of me!”

“Oh dear, my apologies, friend! You look rather unnerved besides the fact, may I ask what’s wrong?” Furzetuft asked, genuinely concerned as she eyed the cat before her.

Shellstar’s eyes moved away, the ground suddenly becoming more interesting. There was no need to bring the innocent Furzetuft into whatever danger her next few pawsteps would hold. “Nothing at all, I’m just fine, thank you though. Now it’s my turn to ask a question, what are you doing here?”

A bright grin flashed across her face, “My friend, you have completed your quest! I knew you were one up for some adventuring, you did well! I have come to bring you a gift.” She said, nosing an item towards Shellstar’s paws.

【 +1 Shooting Star 】

The fear of whatever may lay behind Shellstar vanished as she watched the joyful she-cat place the item in front of her. It had been a while since that cold fall day, letting the cool breezes pull through your fur, while watching the leaves shower from the sky.

“Thank you, Furzetuft. It’s always good to know I have a friend around.” Shellstar purred.

Furzetuft was more than thrilled at her reaction, her tail swaying in excitement. “I’m so glad you like it! So be careful out there, dear friend. I do not know where your travels take you, but I do wish you a safe journey.” She spoke, turning away. “I must be off, though I hope to see you again soon. Perhaps, we can watch the birds again together some day. Until next time, dear bird watcher.” And with that final note, the merry she-cat disappeared in the opposite direction.

And now, Shellstar was faced with the real task at hand. The eerie shelter behind her. The world around seemed to become a bit darker as her friend left, and part of her wished she had asked Furzetuft to stick around. “No.. No. I can handle this on my own.” She quietly reminded herself. She’d get to the bottom of this, and live to tell the tale.

◤⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯◥

❖ 【 +40 XP for Words Written
❖ 【
+20 XP for Patrol Sent
❖ 【
+10% Hunger for Shellstar (30% hup)

Total

+60 XP
+1 Shooting Star (rare auto pass)

Level 2 → Level 2 (136/300)

Note: It looks like your levels got a little mixed up with previous writers responses, level 2 should be out of 300, not 200 ^^

◣⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯◢

┌──────┐

✧ artist
✧ guitarist

th
credit

└──────┘

i love my friends
xem
Oekaki Moderator

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby LittleMaple » Wed Aug 10, 2022 9:06 am

Aetherclan
Last Explore Post | Last Response Received

Hyacinthpool shook her head, "I don't want us to forget where we buried these, so let's just put them away for now." Eveningstar nodded and the two headed back. When they made it back to the camp, they saw a she-cat staggering around. Tears were in her eyes, and she look disoriented.

"Hello? Where am I? Where's Dovelily?" The she-cat muttered, walking towards the duo. Eveningstar quickly jogged over and let the stranger rest on her shoulder. Hyacinthpool quickly joined her on the other side and together the three finally laid own. "You're in Aetherclan, dear. What's your name?" Eveningstar asked, her voice gentle.

"My... name... my name is Emberflare..." she muttered, eyes glazing over for a moment. Hyacinthpool nudged her, and Emberflare seemed to snap into a whole other world. "Who are you?! What am I doing here?? Get away from me!!" Emberflare shouted before running (more like struggling) into the forest. The to sighed and looked at each other before heading out after her.

[ 166 words ]

-- cats on patrol
Eveningstar | she/her | HP 100% | HUP 0% | Sick: N
Hyacinthpool | she/they | HP 100% | HUP 0% | Sick: N
Emberflare | she/they | HP 100% | HUP 0% | Sick: N

I'm picking my own!
new prey:
scraps, bugs, berries | 1 FP
bone marrow (scavenged), mouse, vole, shrew, small fish | 2 FP
medium fish, frog, squirrel, baby rabbit | 3 FP
rabbit, snow hare, bird, large fish| 4 FP