Forum rules
Reminder: Copying another person's art without permission to reproduce their work is a form of art-theft!
Click here to see the full Art Rules!

Re: Stars V.2 • Explore

Postby Yuma.exe » Thu Jul 28, 2022 11:07 pm

rainclan
    Last Explore Post | Last Response Received

"dad!" tigermist screamed. "wake up!"
    stormstar yanked his eyes open. he mustve blacked out.

"dad." tigermist got her father up on four paws. "what do we do?"
    "i.. i dont know tigermist." stormstar said sadly. "we should confront it."

"i think i read about this in the starclan library" tigermists eyes flashed. "we should fight its head."
    "fight its what?" stormstar asked. "its head? is that legal?"

"dad." tigermist sighed. "this is a matter of life and death! now get started."

they both took a deep breath and started clawing and hitting the crocodiles head as well as its eyes.
    tigermist thought of her moms letter while she fought. what if the crocodile won and she never got the chance to see her mom again? tigermist brought all her strength up to her arms.

and stuck her claw in the place where the crocodiles heart lay.

[ 146 words ]

-- cats on patrol
    stormstar | he/they | HP 100% | HUP 0% | Sick: N
    tigermist | she/her | HP 100% | HUP 0% | Sick: N

-- custom predators / prey
    I'm picking my own!
    new prey:
    gecko | 1 FP
    monkey | 4 FP
    pudu deer | 3 FP
    bugs | 1 FP
    frog | 3 FP
    capybara | 5 FP
    armadillo | 2 FP
    lemur | 5 FP
    pygmy marmoset | 2 FP
    siamang | 4 FP

new predators:
    crocodiles, asian wild dogs, jaguar, anaconda
    Would you like your current inventory converted to the new prey list? no
    -- level 1
    experience: 154/200
    -- items in inventory used
    using my armadillo to feed stormstar and tigermist. already removed it.
    -- active quests:
    crocodile fight
    -- opted in to death?
    no
    -- inventory
    prey | 1 FP | x0
    bugs | 1 FP | x1
    prey | 2 FP | x0
    prey | 3 FP | x0
    prey | 3 FP | x0
    prey | 4 FP | x0

chickweed | x1
    comfrey root | x1
    ragwort | x1
    raspberry leaves | x1
    blackberry leaves | x1
    dock | x1
hi im yuma.
i like rats dogs and the color red.
###"be brave."
i have a really cool bike thats red.
i also have a lot of anime novels. i collect rats
so please send me rats because i love them
and i need to collect them all.
##################Image©
LINK

LINK

stars rainclan

LINK

LINK

░▌
░▌
░▌
░▌
░▌
░▌

ImageA WILD name APPEARS!
⫷╸ABOUT ME╺╺╺╺

you know i really like rats
i have a toyhouse too because its cool
i dont really like school
drawing is nice so i might do stuff
on the oekaki more often. i think
thats more of a goal than something
else but okay.

Yuma.exe

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Adamented » Fri Jul 29, 2022 5:52 am

┌────────────┐
[x]
Gladewood

last post // last reply
[x]
xxxxxxxxx[x]

credits,, [x][x]
└────────────┘
┌────────────┐
Image Patrolxxxxx
xxxxxMembers
Harja [x]
he/him | 100% HP | 0% HUP | Sick/ N
Leijona [x]
she/her | 100% HP | 0% HUP | Sick/ N
——
Mauste [x]
they/them | 100% HP | 0% HUP | Sick/ N
Taru [x]
Suo [x]
Vaikkya [x]

Image Activexxxxx
xxxxxQuests
-
Image Itemxxxxx
xxxxxUses
-
Image Inventory
prey
cotton mouse [1FP] // x3
grass frog [1FP] // x1
rice rat [2FP] // x1
herbs
chervil // x1
elder leaves // x1
juniper berries // x1
lovage // x1
willowleaf // x1

Image Experience
[155/200 XP]
level 1

└────────────┘

Exploration #04
[x]

Death // Custom Prey // Level
No
xx.xxxxxx [x] xxxxxxxxx 1x

Leijona tends her young kittens, nuzzling their fur and encouraging them to drink her milk while she is here. Even though she's had her second litter this season, she is still a the Glade Huntress, responsible for many things among the Wanderers. Most particularly, the training of young, observing their training and sometimes taking it on personally. Today she'll be giving the basics to her own, once kittens now juvenile, children. Among the four of them, she'd have to say they have quite varied personalities and may be more of a paw full than expected initially. Maybe it was wishful thinking, she had assumed they would all embody their father's focused and disciplined nature, a disposition of which she held incredible respect.

If Leijona had to describe them, she'd say Mauste was the most reserved. They had the most analytical mind, however humble and kept to themselves quite a bit. That said, they appeared to be an incredibly quick learner. They adapted to the games of their littermate with ease, before long finding ways to interpret their siblings' next moves and get a paw step ahead at all times. When Mauste was younger, Leijona would see them buried under the mottled coats of her littermates quite often, now they were lucky to catch Mauste even when they were sleeping. It was hard to get a paw on them. They were a little strategist, certainly, inheriting the most of Harja's best qualities.

Taru was extremely empathetic, they had a way of knowing when someone was upset or unwell. They had a way with others, drawing them in with their bubbling, bright personality. They were the kind to encourage others to try new things, often pushing their siblings into somewhat risky situations with some chance of reward, however most often the reward was simply the sense of accomplishment from doing something you'd otherwise not have. In that way Leijona had some concerns, she hoped that when training began she would be able to determine whether or not Taru would be prone to danger and disasters. They have a tendency to be unable to resist their own impulses and were easily egged on by others, especially their littermates, although Mauste rarely engaged in that kind of behavior, Suo and Vaikkya were a whole other story.

Suo has a tendency to seek approval, it's not the worst quality but it is one that gives Leijona pause. She tries to provide the pride and encouragement her young children need, though it can be exhausting to constantly pin her attention on Suo. They seem to constantly need eyes on them regardless of whether the affluence is positive or negative, it's a bit draining for Leijona to keep up with. When they become infatuated with something, be it a game, the idea of something, or something that they have found, it's difficult to pry Suo's attention away to a complete deficit. It's not particularly easy to upset them, they don't take offense too easily, though they have little concern for the words leaving their mouth and offend others pretty easily. Otherwise, they are a very social kitten who draws others together, especially when they talk about their passions. It's hard to turn away from Suo in general because of the combination of these traits, they can be quite distracting. Especially to their littermates. Leijona is concerned that their lack of foresight may put them in difficult situations that their tendency to obsess other things wont let them get away from, it's pretty difficult to sway Suo's mind once they are set on something.

Vaikkya by comparison is probably the one Leijona worries about the least. They have a good strong head on their shoulders, an extremely charming personality that precedes them, and are quick to inspire those around them. Vaikkya encourages Taru's carelessness most of anyone, with a streak of quick witted ideas themselves. Their plans are not usually thought out very well but they are quick to pick the next step, may it be a bad or good move, and Leijona has to commend their decisiveness in the least. It's the one thing Mauste really falls behind on, making a decision quickly. Most of Mauste's decisions come down to whether they want to be involved in something or not, the answer typically being 'no' on default and from there they strategize escape routes. Vaikkya on the other hand strategizes very little, they have a tendency to jump into something at the first thought, slightly impulsive and it's very difficult to pinpoint what they are thinking. They have a nature that makes it hard to determine what they will do next, especially since they haven't a clue themselves until they're already doing it.

There were a few other features of Vaikkya's personality that brought Leijona concern, names their tendencies for the dramatic- there was something about showmanship that Vaikkya really seemed to revel in. They easily took offence and would blow it out of proportion with dramatics, anything could be a mountain that started as a molehill with that kit around. It was tiring as well, paired with Suo, their combined need for reassurance especially when they disagreed with each other. It happened rarely enough, the closest knit of the four although the two of them did often rely on Taru's input and encouragement, but when it happened they could run circles around Leijona and Harja trying to unravel their tightly tied knot of emotions and dramatics.

Of them, she expected Vaikkya to be the most ambitious, prone to leadership among their littermates already. They had started out to be quite meek and shy, Leijona suspects they are more critical of themselves than they infer, but puts on a strong front now that hadn't been there before. It's something she accredits to the other two outgoing kittens, while she finds often Vaikkya is more calm and quiet, more deliberate with Mauste around them. The two have a synergy about them unlike the chaotic combination of Taru and Suo, sometimes Harja tells Leijona of times when the two simple are sitting and talking, grooming and enjoying one another's company at the edge of the barn perimeter. In this snow, Leijona was concerned about having the first litter let alone the second, however her new and young kits seem to be doing alright.

The bundles of cream, chocolate, and lilac writhe underneath her forelegs, nosing in closer to her maned chest. With Suo, she had known the young kit would develop her luxurious mane, and was very careful to tend to it properly. As a mature cat, she knew how quickly it would mat, gnats turning it into a gnarled and painful mess of knotted fur. She groomed the young dappled kitten multiple times a day, Suo was constantly squirming and playing around with Taru. With these young kittens, it was much harder to tell. Their fur was shorter for sure, with some variance around the neck, forehead, and shoulders, all with adorable eartufts that reached beyond the point of their ears. The young cream kitten had notably much rounder ears than the other two, she suspected that one would grow to have the same kind of ears as Leijona herself had, but its fur was much sleeker and shorter than any of the other kittens had even among the ones who had grown.

The other two had the signs of Harja's maned spine, from the back of the head to between the shoulders, with the lilac kitten having some hints of longer fur at the chest. She wouldn't be able to say for sure until they were older, though she hoped she wouldn't have to fuss with the young lilac kitten's coat as much as she had Suo's.

Regardless, eventually came the time when she had to leave them, tended to instead by a young Gladenurse. Leijona was of course hesitant to move away from her kittens, to allow them to be fed by someone else... she worried they would grow attached to others, however she'd had no trouble keeper her older children under her whiskers so to speak. With one last wary glance back at the nest of old hay bales, the other molly Wanderer getting comfortable with the three kittens right after their nursing and ready for a nap, she turned away with a flick of her large sequoia tufted tail.

Outside, expectedly, her older kittens who were now juvenile and ready to go out into the world as working cats, were waiting... in a variance of patience and impatience. Mauste of course was calm, steady, and reliable. They merely anticipates being called on, ears swiveling to catch bits of conversation and sounds from other parts of the barn, determined not to miss a beat. Taru was practically vibrating on their paws, standing rather than sitting next to their siblings, mid pacing when Leijona stepped out of the stack of bales. Vaikkya muttered excitably to Suo, tail in straight upright position betraying their excitement, while Suo's tail instead lashes slightly behind them, nervous. Anxious.

Nearby, a lilac tom with a swirling pale patterned coat watched on, curious icy gaze taking in the stance of their juvenile young, about to take the first steps that he had taken not all that long ago himself.

Leijona gave him a warm regarding look, dipping her head to acknowledge him from afar, which he acknowledged with a flick of his left ear. She watched him turn away then, back to a conversation he was half invested in, and back to observing the barn's space the same way Mauste continued too, in spite of their distractions. "It's important when you go out there to conserve your energy," Leijona's honey warm voice carried over swiveling kitten ears, "and to stick closely together."

She could see questions in their eyes but they all nodded, assured by her words and suddenly more aware of one another and each others' presence. "How far will we go?" Of course Mauste, curious and calculating, was the first to pipe up. "Will we see the edge of the fence?"

"We'll see the fence," Leijona confirmed, flicking her tail to tell them to join her, Harja took that time to close out his conversation and was quick to head up the back of the group, nudging Vaikkya to keep up with their siblings with his dark grey nose. "but you won't be getting too close to it. That's the first place where any predator will check for scents, we don't want to make a large group of us known here. Especially a young group."

There was a visible shiver down Suo's spine as they interpreted that last bit, suddenly more worried than they were before about getting so close to the property's perimeter. Harja brushed her flank with his tailtip comfortingly, letting a light purr reverberate from his chest. "We probably won't draw any attention as long as we're quiet, patient, and careful. The point of this is to check for nearby predators, to scavenge for what we may need incase of any conflict, and to feed the other Wanderers."

They aren't like most groups of cats, many of them settle in one territory and mark it constantly. The Wanderers liked to make their presence as little known as possible, quick to welcome a new friend lost in the wilds of the Glade and the Gladewood, but wary to groups that may be hostile. Harja suspected that there may be other barn cats in the area, he had caught some old scents in the barn when they had first arrived, though he hoped they would see no conflict on the kittens' first outting.

There's a crack in the barn's exterior wood, Leijona leads the Gladenovices through the hay covered rough wooden floor of the structure towards this small crevice. It's just large enough to squeeze under with some patient, though Suo lets out a mewl as their coat gets caught on splintered wood. "I'm stuck!" They called, rearing back and scratching themselves slightly on the sharp bits. "I can't get through!"

Harja, amused at their immediate panic, was quick to defuse the anxious dappled kitten. He carefully picked the knotted fur away from the jagged edges of wood, and groomed the rest of their mane flat. The others had carried on ahead, Leijona leading them around the edge of the barn towards where the fence started. He helped Suo maneuver through the gap this time and observed intently to make sure no more strands got caught, they made it through the second try without much struggle. He could see already that Suo had buried this embarrassment deep in their head, likely to hold onto it for a while. "Relax," he chuffed, bumping them with his shoulder, "there's so much more to go. No one even noticed."

Harja's reassurance seemed to sink in, if only halfway, Suo granted him a grateful smile that didn't quite fully reach their eyes. "Sorry."

"I can take you through a different way next time, it'll be a bit harder." They seem grateful at the prospect, fur puffed up slightly at the pride that came with the implication that Harja believed they could handle a more difficult exit. "Alright. Come on, lets catch up. Try to jump over the deep parts instead of barreling through, the snow will tire your limbs."

The group made their way towards the horizon, where Leijona knew eventually they would see the perimeter fence, barely more than a few stranded posts crooked and rotting, marking where the barn's property ended.

[ 2,260 words ]
Last edited by Adamented on Fri Aug 19, 2022 8:22 am, edited 1 time in total.

[ ABOUT ]

Ada
          AdamAddie
          he / she / they

✦ ✦ ✦
          [ MY STUFF ]
          ImageImageImage
          discord: @adamented

[ LINKS ]
          ImageImage
Adamented

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

♕ ⊱── 007. [july explore posts] !! ))

Postby faelyn » Fri Jul 29, 2022 12:54 pm

xxOLEANDERCLAN!!xx
x
cas. / post
─ writer's last reply <3
x
written words exp: 10 exp
additional exp: 1 exp ---
food+herb exp: 00 exp
patrol exp: 10 exp ----
death opt exp: no exp
total exp: 21 exp -----
█████

─────────────────────────────────────────
pov: fennel

mysteries and madness.
secrets and serpents.
angels and aspirations.
they can drive one insane - and i’ve had my fair share of them.

and here i was… wandering, through a world of sand and stardust. a world that unravels with mysteries, secrets, angels and an aspiring leader. an aspiring leader with features made of dancing shadows.

“howdy there!”

a gaze fathomed of oceans and cerulean topaz fluttered to mine. “who might you be?” the stranger was cautious… calculating as i ascended upon a foundation kissed by onyx and shadows.

“ah! such formalities! but if you insist, the name’s fennel.” i paused, head tilted as the stranger’s footsteps dance a tango - a leisurely tango that leads him a little ways backwards. “you know the way around here? it appears i’m a little lost and in need of some… assistance.”
(fennel needs some help! </3 they would like 2fp of 2 herbs [any]! does magpie’star help them or turn them down? he didn't catch prey or find any herbs this explore post so if you choose to help fennel, you may purchase herbs or prey from mousespeck's swaps <3)

lost?”

“yeah, yeah! i was meeting up with a few of my good ol’ friends and it appears i’ve landed here!” breathing a hushed sigh, those ocean eyes were still on mine… steady - like a knight adorned by the night and it’s stars, footsteps sure and balanced even in an incendiary of fire. “mind if you can show me around? i have a little trinket to spare, if you are interested?”
(+1 common myo, +1exp)

┌──────────────────────────────────────────────┐
fp earned: 0 fpxxxxx level: level 0 (0/100) -> level 0 (21/100)xxxxxitems earned: n/a xxfree posts? : two posts xxxxx
herbs earned: no herbs earned </3 xxxxxhunger: 0% for the entire patrol!

└──────────────────────────────────────────────┘
faelyn

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

♕ ⊱── 008. [july explore posts] !! ))

Postby faelyn » Sat Jul 30, 2022 6:28 am

xxTHISTLECLAN !!xx
x
tomura / post
─ writer's last reply <3
x
written words exp: 35 exp
additional exp: no exp ---
food+herb exp: 03 exp
death opt exp: no exp
total exp: 48 exp -----
█████

lost in the whirlwind of reality, there were featherlight tongues kissed by lullabies… fragile melodies with dreams, nightmares and prisons. cages for those whose hearts have been turned to ash.

sleep was still lost in the soft citrine glow of his eyes… a delicate blur dwindling like a constellation giving way to the morning, unveiling a little mourning dove. a dove whose feathers were glossed with flora and fauna - in earthen hues beneath the morning.

and so, the little mourning dove cooed. its symphonies broken and hushed as liquid roses seeped from its crumpled feathers.

it was trapped.
caught in a prison fathomed of thorns and thistles, flourishing with indigo and violet blooms as the little dove shivered… terrified . obsidian eyes softly pleading… begging for an act of mercy. of kindness.

the little mourning dove was easy prey. a snatch of ivory claws and its little heart would no longer quiver with its soft rhythm but… he couldn’t.

and so… he reached.
withered daffodil curls brushing against the thorns and thistles surrounding the little mourning dove… and its wings fluttered - hopeful.

it was free.
it cooed in lyrical tones - eyes glistening with a light beyond the glow of a thousand constellations, before braiding a blossom fathomed with gold and stardust in his curls.

a thank-you gift.
(+1 ragwort, +1exp)

“i see… you’ve made a new friend, deputy?” a soft scoff bloomed in the hush of reality, followed by a gaze adorned with the breath of spring and the aroma of…
(+2fp [mouse], +2exp)

lips graced into a sheepish smile, he gave willowheart a little shrug. “i found a herb… and that’s all that matters. right, willow star?”

fp earned: 2 fpxxxxx level: level 0 (0/100) -> level 0 (48/100)xxxxxitems earned: n/a xxfree posts? : two posts xxxxx
herbs earned: +1 ragwort xxxxxhunger: 0% for the entire patrol!

faelyn

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

[0192.] viv's explore replies

Postby Vivika » Sat Jul 30, 2022 7:58 am

SMOKECLAN !!
    x( artmajor archive last post )

“I never thought something so lovely could die.” A hesitant whisper, husky and soft, frayed at the ends. “Roses… that is.”

What?

A glance behind him didn’t help matters either.

Dawnflower. Immersed in a world of her own, her eyes fluttered shut, tilted towards the morning glow flitting like monarch butterflies through the canopy above. Silver strands hung above her head as if a delicate crown, braided with leaves lingering with traces of sweet mint and ribbons of light mist. And those shimmering threads seemed… almost woven into her dark curls, slivers of silver flashing like tethered constellations in the galaxies (+1 cobwebs, +1 watermint)

But when he stepped closer, it vanished. Gone like a trick of the light.

He blinked, shaking himself. "Dawnflower? Are you-"

Dark eyes snapped open, navy like the ink of night skies. Her gaze faltered, a tiny frown creasing the spot between her brows. “Don’t you smell it?”

“Smell, what━”

Rot and roses. The scent flooded his nose, that familiar dual force, one so sweet and the other so sickening. One to woo a love, another to bury the dregs of a fallen romance.

To anyone else, the stench was of a decomposing rose. But it was far from that. A signal of trouble.

Shadows and light rippled in the thick of the forest, sending a shiver of frost creeping along his spine. Through the thorns of a thicket, a twist of light flashed. Metal. It clinked softly, a broken chain tapping against its paired collar. A collar belonging to a creature drenched with the stench of rot.

The rogues.

Tawny eyes bore into his, hard and narrowed. Her claws flashed, cruel twisted blades, tapping against the soft earth… and curling around a struggling fish. A stolen fish.

At her side, her other half. A young male, small and slight. Delicate. Just like the rosy aroma that clung to him. Yet those dark eyes glinted, snared with calculating intelligence.

The rogues were here. And this time… over the border.

A rogue group has been caught trespassing! Does the patrol confront their trespassers or ignore them?

xx
    totals

xx+10% hunger for each patrol cat
    xxxx↳ tumblecreek (40% hunger), mochaswirl (30% hunger),
    xxxxxryeblaze (10% hunger), dawnflower (10% hunger)name (00% hunger)

xxxp stats (opted out for death)
    xxxx↳ +45XP for writing, +10XP for patrol sent, +2XP for herbs

xxprey + herb finds for patrol
    xx+no prey </3
    xx+1 cobwebs, +1 watermint

xxlevels
    xxxx↳ +57XP → level 1 (194/200XP)
    ────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────x

xx notes: n/a, but smokestar + honeyroot together are so sweet!! i was so excited to read about their new family, ahh! <33
──────────────────────────────────────────────────
Vivika

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Shiver Hohojiro » Sun Jul 31, 2022 6:37 pm

Clan of the Sea Breeze

Ternfeather stays frozen a moment, staring. At first, he'd thought to laugh it off. Assume it was a cat from some other patrol. But the thing was, there weren't other patrols - not now, not today. Inwardly, they curse that they hadn't brought Haywing along - but this was supposed to be a mentor and apprentice bonding trip as much as it was an island tour, and Ternfeather had - they'd just assumed the island was all clear. The island was always clear. Why wasn't the island clear?!

It was supposed to be a good day. The joyous day where he earned an apprentice, became deputy, and nothing went wrong.

Carefully, he pushes Igneouspaw off and behind him. "Igneouspaw," he whispers, hoarsely, quietly. "You are to stay put. Watch how things go. If things start to turn sour - then you will turn tail and run as fast as you can back to the clan, let them know there's a rogue on our territory and they wish to cause harm. Do you understand?"

Igneouspaw's face crumples. "But-"

"Do you understand?" Ternfeather repeats, harsher and louder - he has to whip his head towards the rogue to make sure they didn't overhear. They don't appear to have, still swaying on the sandbar like the pendulum around their neck. He turns back to Igneouspaw. "If things go sour and they move to attack me, you will go straight back to the clan, and you will not - you won't try to engage in any sort of heroics and engage them in a fight yourself. Do you understand me?"

Igneouspaw wavers a little longer. "But… but, you're hurt," he presses, shifting from paw to paw. Ternfeather softens, bending down to nudge the apprentice's head, like he had during the apprentice ceremony not even an hour ago.

"Not too badly, and not enough where I can't hold my own in a fight. You, on the other hand, have yet to learn even a single move. It will be much more help to me if you fetch experienced fighters, instead of trying to fight yourself and getting seriously injured."

Igneouspaw hesitates. "...I understand," he says finally, quietly. Ternfeather hopes he really does.

"All right, then. Quiet now, and stay put," they say, gently pushing Igneouspaw down behind them. They stride forward towards the stranger, cautiously keeping their distance in case the cat is hostile, or would at least prefer to be kept alone. "Hello there," they call, once they've reached an appropriate distance. "What brings you all the way out to this island?"

[ 422 words ]

-- cats on patrol
Ternfeather | they/he | HP 95% | HUP 20% | Sick: N
Igneouspaw | he/him | HP 100% | HUP 10% | Sick: N

here
-- level 3
experience: 90/400
n/a
-- active quests:
n/a
-- opted in to death?
no
-- inventory
scraps | 1 FP | x1
gecko | 1 FP | x1
lizard | 1 FP | x1
mouse | 2 FP | x1
small bird | 2 FP | x1
fish | 3 FP | x1

Alderbark | x1
Chamomile | x1
Coltsfoot | x2
Goatweed | x2
Juniper Berries | x1
Lamb's Ear | x1
Lavender | x1
Marigold | x1
Sorrel | x1
Tormentil | x1
Image____________

__________Image
Princey/Arthur | He/Him | Art Shop

You are yourself. There's no one else you could be.

Sauceclan
| |
Shiver Hohojiro

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby hallowitch » Wed Aug 03, 2022 2:08 am

Winterclan

Sagebrush felt a pang of guilt - she knew straight away that there was no honey in the Winterclan storage area. What's more, she had no idea where to even find honey. She briefly thought she could track down a bee hive and fetch some herself, but she'd never even seen a medicine cat gather honey, much less do so herself. She abandoned that plan. But she knew there were cats a little to the south, and maybe one of them might be willing to help her. And by extent, help Fennel. And it sounded like Fennel was very well-liked. This thought buoyed her enthusiasm.

"I'm so sorry Fennel, but I don't have any," she started, furrowing her brow, "But if you and your friend...whose name I realize I didn't catch...If you want to wait and rest here, I can go find some. I won't be long!" The last part was more aspirational.

With a quick lick of Fennel's forehead, a promise that she'd be back, she turned tail and loped back the way they had come. She'd have to go further, but she could go faster. Sagebrush's endurance was, luckily, her strongest attribute. She ran and ran, past her new home and past the territory marker she'd placed. She was going downhill, and the wind was at her back, so she felt almost like she was flying instead of running.

As the Falling Leaves Forest thinned, the ground got less rocky and more soft, darker, as if slowly infusing with good loam. It felt nice on Sagebrush's paws, which were hurting and she was trying to ignore. She glanced ahead, down into the valley, and saw a few human structures dotting the landscape, poking out beside wide swaths of grassy fields and clumps of trees. It looked like a place rife with life, and life meant other cats. Whether they were loners, kittypets, or other clan cats, she supposed it didn't matter. She just hoped to stay unscathed.

Finally, Sage couldn't run any more. She stopped and stood for a moment and heaved breaths in and out. Her tail and ears drooped, as it would cost too much effort to right them. She just barely was able to sort out the different smells around her. Stale fox, distant human, rotting wood, a cat...

"PSSST."

Sagebrush nearly jumped out of her skin. She made a strangled sound, a cross between a growl and a squeal, that she was especially embarrassed about. When she wheeled on the speaker, she nearly ran.

He was a huge, dark tom. Over one eye, a triangle patterned eyepatch gave him an intense expression. He was pinning his ears and Sage worried that she was in for a fight. But then why would he have called out to her? She straightened herself out swallowed her remaining adrenaline.

"Hello?" she asked, glancing down the trail and then back to the hulking newcomer.

"You're in a hurry to get yourself eaten by dogs," replied the other cat. He kept flicking his scarred ears back and forth, clearly on high alert for said dogs. Sagebrush furrowed her brow. She hadn't smelt dogs. She took a big whiff again, just to be sure. Yep, no dog smell.

"What dogs?"

Instead of answering, the other cat turned on his heel and motioned for Sagebrush to follow him into the undergrowth. She thought briefly that this might be a trick to get her totally isolated before he attacked her, but even though she didn't smell the dogs, she didn't get an aggressive vibe from the big cat. Just a intimidating one. If she was honest, she was surprised he'd be concerned with dogs, as huge as he was.

When they were deeper into the forest, under dense cover from some heavy bushes, the other cat turned back to Sagebrush.

"What are you doing here? This area is too dangerous for a loner like yourself."

"I'm not a loner. I'm a leader," Sagebrush replied before she thought better of it.

The other cat seemed surprised. He looked her up and down, not-so-subtly sniffing her.

"Where's the rest of your clan?"

Sage flushed under the big cat's odd gaze. But she couldn't lie. "Well," she began, "I'm the only one. I've only just founded the clan. But it's a great territory, up the hill! And it's going to be a great clan!!"

Something changed in the other cat's expression, a very subtle softening that Sage almost missed. He opened his mouth to speak, but then in the distance, there was a chorus of bays. So the hounds were real. Sagebrush's heart jumped into her throat and she flattened herself again the cool dirt. The other cat didn't seem so affected.

"Tell you what," he said, voice low, "You seem like a good kid. I'll navigate us out of the dog's path and you help me find someone. Deal?"

"Sure!" She replied without hesitation. She was happy to help. "My name is Sagebrush."

If he noticed or cared that she didn't have a -star name, he didn't show it. Instead, ears still darting to-and-fro, he replied, "Call me Darkwhisker."

[ 854 words ]

-- cats on patrol
Sagebrush | She/Her | HP 100% | HUP 0% | Sick: N
Darkwhisker | He/Him | HP 100% | HUP 0% | Sick: N

N/A
-- level 1
experience: 10/200
N/A
-- active quests:
Honey for Fennel's Friend
-- opted in to death?
no
-- inventory
bugs | 1 FP | x1
scraps | 1 FP | x3

deadly nightshade | x1
watermint | x1

Note: Converted +1 FP for leveling up to Scraps
hallowitch

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

♕ ⊱── 001. [august explore posts] !! ))

Postby faelyn » Thu Aug 04, 2022 11:13 am

xxCRATERCLAN!!xx
x
whovian5eva / post
writer's last reply <3
x
written words exp: 30 exp
additional exp: 70 exp ---
food+herb exp: 02 exp
death opt exp: yes exp
total exp: 84 + 70 exp
█████

she could only imagine. imagine that twilight blessed with nighttime reveries and picnics belonging to a thousand silk daydreams. and now… it was fading - slipping away into nothing more into the faintest of memories.

just like the dwindling soul in her embrace with a mauve blossom tucked beneath it - its death bed.
(+1fp [bugs], +1 catmint +1exp, +1exp)

was furzetuft here?
she was the goddess of time - pausing the universe in its eternal spiral downwards and painting the skies gold with lanterns and constellations. she was a delicate mystery and her friend.

her friend.
a friend whose breath was a fairytale all by itself. a friend who brought the aroma of star lilies and salt lakes wherever she danced. a friend who wasn’t here.

for lost in the depths of reality was a the reek of corpse blossoms and a gaze with withered storms trapped within…
(oh no! emberstorm has spotted a rogue - however they don’t appear to be trespassing! does she confront or ignore them?)

fp earned: 1 fpxxxxx level: level 5 (117/650) -> level 5 (271/650)xxxxxitems earned: n/a xxfree posts? : zero posts xxxxx
herbs earned: +1 catmint xxxxxhunger: 10% for the entire patrol!

Last edited by faelyn on Sat Aug 06, 2022 7:07 am, edited 1 time in total.
faelyn

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

[0193.] viv's explore replies

Postby Vivika » Thu Aug 04, 2022 1:36 pm

GLADEWOOD !!
    x( adamented archive last post )

“What happened?”

A warm nose graced their shoulder, gentle and reassuring, accompanied by twin mauve eyes… softened at the edges. Taru. Their nose dropped closer to Suo’s side, smoothing out the ruffles and mussed curls. “Are you hurt? What took so long? You also have… a little something on you.” (+1 borage leaves)

“I-” Warmth flooded their cheeks as they forced their chin up, smothering the squirm rising within. “I’m okay. Really.”

Taru tilted their head, but nodded. They settled in the snow, paws never quite still. But that was… Taru. Always moving, always expressive, always wearing their heart on their paw. Their tail traced idle circles and whorls; spinning swoops and sinking dips; snippets and flashes of the web of their mind, in the frost for a beat. Two beats.

With a flash, their head lifted, a tiny smile curving. “You know… Mauste hurt themself on the way here. I think they tripped over something.” (-2% health for mauste ━ no herbs or rest needed for them to continue patrolling!)

“Really?” They frowned. Calm, steady, calculating Mauste… fell? “How?”

With a casual shrug, they leaned in close, gaze darting towards Mauste, before settling on squarely them. Their voice quieted, dropping to a conspiratorial hush. “Mauste tried chasing one of those squirrels. And they almost got it.” Taru’s eyes twinkled, a small, dark object twined in their paw. “But the squirrel made an… unexpected move! It tossed one of their… nuts at them.”

They unwrapped their paw, revealing a cracked nut. “That move threw them off balance and well… you know the rest.”

The knot in Suo’s stomach soothed, a little grin playing on their muzzle. “And the squirrel?”

“Mom caught it. And its friend.” (+3FP fox squirrel, +3FP fox squirrel)
    xx
    totals

xx+10% hunger for each patrol cat
    xxxx↳ harja (10% hunger), leijona (10% hunger), mauste (10% hunger),
    xxxxxxtaru (10% hunger), suo (10% hunger), vaikkya (10% hunger)

xx-2% health for mauste
    xxxx↳ mauste (98% health)

xxxp stats (opted out for death)
    xxxx↳ +120XP for writing, +10XP for patrol sent
    xxxxxx+6XP for prey, +1XP for herbs

xxprey + herb finds for patrol
    xx+3FP fox squirrel, +3FP fox squirrel
    xx+1 borage leaves

xxitem finds
    xxxx↳ n/a

xxlevels
    xxxx↳ +137XP → level 1 (292/200XP) → level 2 (92/300XP)
    ────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────x

xxImagecongrats! you've reached level two and received an additional +1FP (your choice), +1 herb (your choice) and +1 common edit!
    x
    notes: hello! i hope life is treating you well! <33
    one small thing ─ make sure to link to your patrol's oekaki pages
    (not storage page) for any future explore post(s)! it just makes it
    easier to confirm ownership/other info for writers! ^^
──────────────────────────────────────────────────
Vivika

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

CRINGECLAN EXPLORE ONE!!!!!1!!!

Postby craig? » Thu Aug 04, 2022 9:15 pm

Cringeclan
[url=N/A]Last Explore Post[/url] | [url=N/A]Last Response Received[/url]

Animegirl and Gothgirl walked side by side, tails intertwined as they led the patrol.

“Can you guys like- stop? For five seconds? We’ve been walking for an hour now and you guys haven’t stopped cuddling, you should really pay attention to th-”

Littlebilly’s complaining was met with a sharp pierce to his leg by Yeepaw, “Come on pardner! No reason t’ be a sour sport just ‘cause Chemicalromance told ya you’d have better luck killing a moderator then you would with him! Haw!”

Before the ginger tom could get his hiss out, the apprentice’s mentor, Cowboy, chuckled and bumped the young brown tom with his shoulder. “Oh come on now, Yeepaw, no need to be spreadin’ rumors!”

“No need to, like, defend us or anything,” Gothgirl sighed, “Everyone knows that Littlebilly is like, a total hater.”

“Yeah, Littlebilly is the biggest little hater in Cringeclan,” Animegirl added, scoffing and flipping her nonexistent bangs. And you know what we do with haters in Cringeclan?”

The whole patrol, save for Littlebilly, chimed in loudly, “WE KILL THEM!”.

As for Littlebilly, he simply grumbled to himself and rolled his eyes. “Yeah, yeah, whatever, we kill them. Can we PLEASE take this thing seriously before I decide to go back on my redemption arc?”

ANGLEBLOOD examined his huge, sharp-as-knives claws, before opening his mouth, the incomprehensible sounds and wailing coming out as they always did.

“Yeah, I hope we catch a spunch too, they always taste best in Winter. Crunchier, I feel. Right guys?”

[ 250 words ]

-- cats on patrol
Cowboy | he/they | HP 100% | HUP 0% | Sick: N
ANGLEBLOOD | it/its | HP 100% | HUP 0% | Sick: N
Animegirl | she/it | HP 100% | HUP 0% | Sick: N
Gothgirl | she/they | HP 100% | HUP 0% | Sick: N
Yeepaw | he/him | HP 100% | HUP 0% | Sick: N
Littlebilly | he/him | HP 100% | HUP 0% | Sick: N

if you've filled out the form here previously, please
link to your form here!
-- level 0
experience: 0
Any items used/eaten this post
ex. food, herbs, etc.
-- active quests:
quest #1 (linked)
-- opted in to death?
no
-- inventory
prey | 1 FP | x0
prey | 2 FP | x0
prey | 2 FP | x0
prey | 3 FP | x0
prey | 3 FP | x0
prey | 4 FP | x0

herb | x0
herb | x0
herb | x0

I'm picking my own!
new prey:
Lego flesh | 1 FP
Pipis (Spamton eggs) | 1 FP
Bags of Doritos | 1 FP
More detailed eyes | 1 FP
Meat Thermometer | 2 FP
Alternative milk options (Oat, Almond, Rice, ect.) | 2 FP
Pocky | 2 FP
A spunch | 2 FP
MS paint drawing of prey | 3 FP
A beautiful jay | 3 FP
Spamton from the video game known as "Deltarune" | 3 FP
Garlic bread but like if garlic wasn't toxic to cats | 3 FP
Lloyd eggs | 4 FP
A bagel with legs | 4 FP
EVIL wolves | 5 FP
Full DVD set of the hit cartoon network tv show "Ninjago" | 5 FP
CS user "Deercan" | 5 FP
new predators:
Haters
EVIL wolves with GUNS
Noobs (who are hacking)
Literal demons from hell
Would you like your current inventory converted to the new prey list? N/A
Last edited by craig? on Fri Aug 05, 2022 9:01 am, edited 1 time in total.
ImageImageImageImageImage
please click and feed!!
craig?

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me