Forum rules
Reminder: Copying another person's art without permission to reproduce their work is a form of art-theft!
Click here to see the full Art Rules!

[0147.] viv's explore replies

Postby Vivika » Sat Apr 30, 2022 12:25 pm

CRATERCLAN !!
    x( whovian5eva archive last post )

Tonight, it was like the stars were watching from above.

The brilliant cerulean and silver lights, glimmered and framed the pale sliver of the moon, its pale ends dipped into the vestiges of a gentle smile. And amongst the startling ivory of the gum trees, standing watchful and tall, like sentinels of the desert, her heart swelled.

Even despite the loneliness that lingered close and the yearning seared in her bones, she would never ━ she couldn’t━ trade this life for another. It was inexplicable… the connection gently tugging at her heart, a sacred, undying hymn.

A little buzz signaled the presence of another. A small, lowly critter, grooved back kissed with red, sun-scorched dust and its pinchers spread wide as it skittered across the swaying sands. It was blissfully oblivious, locked in a spellbinding trance, as it gnawed down a loose leaflet. (+1FP bugs, +1 daisy leaf)

And the silent spell shattered.

Bronze and gold curls collided, smacking straight into her, knocking her down into a plume of sand. She stumbled, claws unsheathed, clambering for control as her side snared along a notched rock. Swallowing a hiss, she dared a glance up, eyes narrowed. “Who━” (-1% health for a belly wound ━ no herbs or rest needed to return to patrol!)

“Oh my━” Wide, amber eyes caught hers, the moonlight captured in her gaze. A stranger’s gaze. The stranger’s muzzle lifted in an awkward smile as she offered a paw towards her. Stars, I’m so sorry! I didn’t see you there… are you quite alright?”

And it was strange. Strange to hear another voice, one so melodic and lyrical ━ like an angel’s song. Strange, but… pleasant. Soothing.

“It’s fine. Really.” The crease faded from her eyes, a tentative smile on her muzzle. “I don’t usually see many around. And you are?”

“Furzetuft!” Her eyes brightened, curls gently bouncing with the breeze. “I was just passing by. Well, more like zipping by!” She hummed a soft tune, a vibrant chuckle easing from her chest. “I’m afraid I can’t stay long… I have a friend in need of my help, but here ━ you look like you’re in need of an adventure!”

Her head dipped, reaching into a worn, dusty carrier bag by her side. Carefully, she teased an old scroll out between her jaws. The edges frayed, yellowed with age and the parchment worn thin, crumpled. Ancient symbols rested, scrawled along the parchment, the ink bleeding in countless areas.

The stranger set a gentle paw down on the scroll. “I can’t quite figure out what those symbols say, but… perhaps you can.” Amber eyes flicked up, a little smile on her muzzle. “Actually, I bet you can! You seem the intuitive type.”

With a wink, the stranger was gone, swept aside by the shifting sands.

But the symbols… they hummed, vibrating with frenzied energy. A deep, bold energy. Calling. As she touched a paw to them, they unravelled, their spell becoming undone, revealing the ancient mystery in the swirls, dips and curves of the scrawled runes.

Furzetuft has bestowed an active quest: "Sell the 'herb of the day' to Mousespeck"!

Active quests are special and sometimes can take awhile to complete! Please link this reply in the
    "active quests section” of your future explore posts. When you’ve completed it, drop a note
    in your explore post to let a writer know ━ Furzetuft will return to reward the patrol! c:

xx
    totals

xx+10% hunger for each patrol cat
    xxxx↳ emberstorm (10% hunger)
    xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

xx-1% health for emberstorm (no herbs or rest needed)
    xxxx↳ emberstorm (99% health)

xxxp stats (opted in for death)
    xxxx↳ +120XP for writing, +20XP for patrol sent
    xxxxxx+2XP for prey, +2XP for herbs

xxprey + herb finds for patrol
    xx+1FP scraps
    xx+1 daisy leaf

xxitem finds
    xxxx↳ n/a

xxlevels
    xxxx↳ +144XP → level 4 (471/500XP)
    ────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────x

xxImage
    x
    notes: n/a, but let me know if you have any questions at all about the active quest! <33
──────────────────────────────────────────────────
Vivika

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Stars V.2 • Explore

Postby RoxyTBDW » Sun May 01, 2022 9:12 am

-- cats on patrol
Miststar | She/her | HP 93% | HUP 10% | Sick: N

-- custom predators / prey
Form
-- level 2
experience: 193
-- items in inventory used
None
-- active quests:
None
-- opted in to death?
No
-- inventory
Scraps | 1 FP | x2
Shrew | 1 FP | x0
Mice | 2 FP | x1
Squirrel | 3 FP | x0
Rabbit Kit| 4 FP | x0
Plump Rabbit | 5 FP | x0
Eagle | 5 FP | x1

Ragwort Leaves | x2
Dock | x1
Elder leaf | x1
Lavender | x1
Daisy Leaf | x1
Alder Bark | x1
Dried Oak Leaves | x1
Tormentil | x0
Celandine | x1
Willow Bark | x1
Broom | x1
Goatweed | x1
Blackberry leaves | x2
Hawkweed | x1
Watermint | x1
Reworking sig - She/they
Chicoon Hub

My interests change a lot...
RoxyTBDW

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

[0148.] viv's explore replies

Postby Vivika » Sun May 01, 2022 2:07 pm

GLACIERCLAN !!
    x( .sins. archive last post )

Sleep was a distant dream.

Even with the soft rhythmic lullaby of the night and the swell of the moon’s glow illuminating the sleeping camp, it wasn’t enough to quell the anxious maelstrom within. So much had happened, each event blurring like a single noise muddled with muted color. His shoulders slumped, heavy, burdened with stones ━ shards of fleeting thoughts and jagged rocks stacked haphazardly like the recent events.

Pine Wind’s head lifted, tilting to the stars above. The evening breeze kissed his cheek, the cool summer winds a soothing balm, easing the tension from his shoulders. And lost in the brilliance of those bright, forever blazing orbs of lights… it all came back.

His world was monochrome with flashes of color. Muted black, white and grey streaks rippling, flowing and ebbing… until the colors struck. And they struck with a fierce vengeance. They struck red.

Red like…
    The scarlet staining his mother’s curls.
    The amber of those stranger’s eyes.
    The crimson of that enraged fox.

It returned in flashes, intrusive armaments each piercing with encounters still freshly imprinted at the back of his mind. His gaze broke, shuttering from the night skies. But it seemed that the colors never left.

In the flickering shadows… copper curls fluttered from twin critters, quiet companions, grazing on fresh greens. (+3FP squirrel, +3FP squirrel, +1 coltsfoot, +1 yarrow)
    xx
    totals

xx+10% hunger for each patrol cat (patrol was fed!)
    xxxx↳ fawn leap (30% hunger), eagle stone (10% hunger),
    xxxxxpine wind (10% hunger), asphodel dawn (20% hunger)

xxxx↳ +120XP for writing, +20XP for patrol sent
    xxxxxx+12XP for prey, +4XP for herbs

xx+3FP squirrel, +3FP squirrel
    xx+1 coltsfoot, +1 yarrow

xxlevels
    xxxx↳ +156XP → level 2 (205/300XP)
    ────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────x

xxImage
    x
    notes: n/a! <33
Vivika

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

[0149.] viv's explore replies

Postby Vivika » Mon May 02, 2022 7:05 am

THE WHITE RAVEN !!
    x( ४ loki laufeyson ४ archive last post )

“Hear that?”

Warm, pecan curls halted beside her, pale eyes darting along the forest cover. And those cool glacier eyes roamed, back and forth, left and right, steady. His voice fell, suspended into a low whisper. “I thought I heard something.”

Her brows creased. “You think it’s those… unfriendly critters again?”

“Perhaps.” Cupid’s jaw settled into a fine line. “I’m not━”

And she heard it. A faltering call pierced the hovering morning light, tingling with an unsteady note. A faint warble, dim and uncertain. A quavering plea blending, drowning, with the symphony of the forest.

Something was wrong.

The Ghost Guardian. Was she… dangerous? Her paws prickled as she paced a slow circle. That stranger… Fennel hadn’t mentioned anything much about her. Wait, where were they even?

“Found her!” Cinnamon curls whizzed past, hopelessly awry, a sense of urgency thundering within their long, drumming strides. They panted, skidding to a stop. “She needs our help.”

Ghost blinked. “What happened?”

The easy light within those gold eyes died, a final flickering flame, snuffed by the shadows scrawled along their features. Their lop-sided grin… more faint, the ends half-heartedly turned up. “You know how I mentioned the Guardian cares for birds?” They shook their head. “One of her birds is injured… I think a fox got to it.”

Oh.

The swish of soft pawsteps sweeping along the earth lingered close, accompanied by a slender form. The Guardian. And she was… a soul kissed by the moon and stars. Her head lifted and tiny leaves of gold and auburn cascaded down her back, guided by a chilled breeze. A loose wreath of silver leaves and braided twigs crowned her head, gently tended by little songbirds, their songs somber and near silent. In her delicate paws, a little bird of azure and silver feathers, breathing hasty and labored.

It was sick.

The Guardian’s smile was strained as she offered a little bow of her head. Her voice was soft, melodic like an angel with silver song. “Fennel says you may be able to help.”

“I…” Ghost swallowed, the lump in her throat heavy. “We don’t have any supplies━”

“We do now.” Pale glacier eyes met hers. Cupid. He stepped aside, paws uncovering a small hole. A stash filled with dried greens and fresh-kill. “It belongs to one of those unfriendly critters, but…” His shoulders lifted in a loose shrug. “Finder’s keepers isn’t it?” (+1FP scraps, +1FP scraps, +1FP scraps, +1 catmint, +1 burnet, +1 dried oak leaves, +thyme)

Fennel's friend has been found! Unfortunately, the Guardian's bird friend is ill and needs
    one herb (any type!) to heal. Does the patrol aid them or or turn them down?

xx
    totals

xx+0% hunger for each patrol cat (one free post left!)
    xxxx↳ ghost (0% hunger), cupid (0% hunger)
    xxxxx

xxxp stats (opted out for death)
    xxxx↳ +25XP for writing, +10XP for patrol sent
    xxxxxx+3XP for prey, +4XP for herbs

xx+1FP scraps, +1FP scraps, +1FP scraps
    xx+1 catmint, +1 burnet, +1 dried oak leaves, +thyme

xxlevels
    xxxx↳ +42XP → level 0 (61/100XP)

xxImage
    x
Vivika

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

~ 08 • Explore ~

Postby Whovian5EVA » Tue May 03, 2022 1:39 am

EXPLORE TITLE: ~ 06 • Explore ~
xxxxxxxxxxxxx

CRATERCLAN

Last Explore Post|Last Response Received

A note about the Emberstorm in this explore: She's an ancient cat and lived long before the cats that live in Craterclan. Eventually she'll die in explore and become the main face of Craterclan's Starclan. But for the moment she is separated from the modern cats. She is specifically Blossomheart's ancestor in terms of bloodlines. I'll be using *** to signal a change in time.

♦ ♦♦♦ ♦
Emberstorm blinked as the runes on the page melted into a meaning that filled her mind. Find Mousespeck. She squinted at the page as the forms on the page continued to shift and change, the meaning fading from them. She didn’t know who this ‘Mousespeck’ was but she knew she had to go and find her. When she looked back up to thank the stranger for the message, she was left wondering if she’d even been there to begin with. Where did she go? The flat red dirt of the desert left nowhere for a whole cat to hide aside from a few bundles of grass. Those bundles were still as a rock, even the wind struggled to rustle them. Furzetuft had essentially disappeared with no trace.
Emberstorm sighed as she continued to move on for the night, she hoped her hunt had only just begun, however as the night grew longer, her hopes of extra prey grew thinner. Prey was running especially quietly tonight, perhaps it had to do with Furzetuft? Maybe their encounter had scared off most of tonight’s prey.
Eventually the sun peaked its glowing halo over the horizon, and Emberstorm took that as her sign to head home. The glowing sunrise was warm on her back and the morning shadows were still long by the time she made it home.
She climbed up into her hollow, and settled in the nest she had made for herself, the thin worn down grasses gently brushed against her fur, they had become soft with time and now made a perfect bed for her. She flinched as she felt something like a twig poke her side, she tried to settle again, thinking a blade of grass had poke her the wrong way. Again her fur was poked. She stood up to investigate the source of the poking and it was some more leaves, they were round but tapered into points. She sniffed them and they smelled faintly of blueberries. Hmm… That’s odd… She shifted them to the side so she could settle in for sleep yet again.

The sun’s light disappeared from the entrance of her hollow, and she stretched her legs and paws allowing life to flood back into them again. She sighed, readying herself to begin the day. She set off under the light of the moon, hopefully she might find the mysterious Mousespeck. As she hopped down from her hollow, her paws hit the warm earth. The leaves of her gum tree home rustled in the warm evening breeze. She padded over to the rock by her home, and hopped up to look around at the night time scene. The grasses swayed in the breeze backed by the warm iron-red of the dirt below, and the full moon gazed down from its perch high in the sky. Emberstorm purred, she loved hunting on nights like this, the moon lit up the world just enough for her to see it all, but not so much that it would reveal her.

As the night drew on she had no luck so far until she spotted them, another cat. She froze, it was almost as though she had forgotten what to do around new cats. Golden patches danced across otherwise brown fur and at the top of the stranger’s head, unusually round ears. Emberstorm weighed up her options, and hoping that the cat wasn’t hostile, she began to approach this new face.
“Hello? Who are you?”
“Wh-What?” The stranger nearly jumped out of her skin. Her back arched defensively as she attempted to scare off Emberstorm ”Depends who’s asking.”
“I- I’m sorry for startling you. I just wanted to ask your name.”
“The stranger frowned as she considered the concept of a non-hostile stranger.” With her back still arched, she eventually replied “My name’s Mousespeck…”
Emberstorm’s heart skipped a beat as she realised what this meant. She fumbled about to search for the leaves she had found earlier. “Are these something you might be looking for?” Emberstorm offered.
“Well… Yeah they are actually. How did you know?” The stranger relaxed as she accepted the gift from Emberstorm.”I’ve been searching for these everywhere. I’m sure good things will come your way, thank you very much for your kindness stranger” Mousespeck blinked in appreciation.
“Let’s just say it was my intuition,” Emberstorm offered an answer to her question.
Mousespeck slowly blinked at Emberstorm yet again, thanking her for the gift.
After that Emberstorm slipped away, leaving the stranger to continue whatever she was doing before. She looked to the sky and realised that the night was still young, even after her encounter with Mousespeck. Perhaps she could continue to hunt for just a bit longer…

♦ ♦♦♦ ♦
xxxxxxxxxxxxx
784 words
xxxxxxxxxxxxx
♦ ♦♦♦ ♦

╔══════════════════════╗
CATS ON PATROL
Emberstorm |she/her | HP 99% | HUP +10% | Sick: N

╚══════════════════════╝

╔═════════════════╗
PREDATOR/PREY
X
╚═════════════════╝
╔═════════════════╗
LEVEL 4
471/500 EXP
╚═════════════════╝

╔═════════════════╗
DEATH OPT IN LINK
X
╚═════════════════╝
╔═════════════════╗
ACTIVE QUESTS
Active quest(X) that I finished here X
╚═════════════════╝

╔═════════════════╗
INVENTORY
Scraps | 1 FP | x2
Bugs | 1 FP | x4
Dunnart | 2 FP | x3
Plains mouse | 2 FP | x2
Bearded Dragon | 3FP | x1
Bush Stone Curlew | 4FP | x1
Wallaby | 5FP | x2

Coltsfoot | x1
Rush | x1
Stinging nettle | x1
Chamomile | x1
Fennel | x1
Catmint | x1
Ragwort | x1
Horsetail | x1
Daisy Leaves | x2
Burdock Root | x1
Borage Leaves |x2
Lavender| x1
Ragwort Leaves| x1
╚═════════════════╝
╔═════════════════╗
ITEMS USED IN THIS EXPLORE
N/A
╚═════════════════╝

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Notes: I got lucky with being able to complete the active quest quite quickly (also it was my first active quest so lemme know if i did it right!) Also it was fun to write about the weird mystical nature that the NPCs have being able to lowkey time travel.

If I'm online at weird
times its because
I'm from Australia.
You can call me Vee! :)
Uni Student | adult
I draw sometimes I guess?
Whovian5EVA

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby WolfstormSC » Tue May 03, 2022 3:35 am

Duskclan
Last Explore Post | Last Response Received

After the patrol filled Mousetail in on the current situation, he took a deep breath. Now was not the time to be dazed. He had to be there for his clan, in the moment. He gives a quick nod to infernoheart, thankful that she was able to help update him on the matters.

"Shadestar, that badger... What should we do?" Hawkstripe, the usual commander of the patrol, asks his leader. Hearing him ask for help from someone else was a little strange to the rest of the patrol as he was always so sure of himself, but it made sense, given their positions.

"We can scout it out to see what's going on..." He trails off, looking at each member of the patrol. "But I don't feel we are in a good position to fight right now. Run if necessary. But remember to run in the opposite direction of camp, until you're positive nothing is following. We can't risk the safety of our clanmates." He flicks his ear and waits for the rest of the patrol's response. They all nod in agreement. It sent relief through the rest of the patrol, as they didn't particularly want to fight a potential threat either.

As the more lithe members of the patrol, mousetail and infernoheart first approach from downwind, making sure that their scents won't give them away. Hawkstripe and Weaselmask appear in the middle, with the leader, shadestar and the medicine cat, ivypatch in the rear. This formation meant that the most important members were safest, while the stealthier cats were in front. The more muscular cats were in the middle, meaning they were close behind in case backup was needed.

They move in slowly, trying to determine the threat level of the creature in front of them, hoping that the worst wouldn't become a possibility.

[ 305 words ]

-- cats on patrol

Shadestar | He/Him | HP 100% | HUP 10% | Sick: N
Hawkstripe | He/Him | HP 100% | HUP 30% | Sick: N
Ivypatch | She/Her | HP 100% | HUP 40% | Sick: N
Mousetail | He/Him | HP 99% | HUP 40% | Sick: N
Infernoheart | She/Her | HP 100% | HUP 30% | Sick: N
Weaselmask | He/Him | HP 100% | HUP 30% | Sick: N

-- level 3
experience: 262/400 EXP
x3 rabbit (1 for ivypatch, 1 for mousetail and 1 for shadestar + Weaselmask), x1 hawk (30% hawkstripe, 20% infernoheart), x1 bug (infernoheart)
-- active quests:
None!
-- opted in to death?
Yes
-- inventory
Scraps | 1 FP | x3
Bugs | 1 FP | x4
Shrew | 2 FP | x2
Rabbit | 4 FP | x3
Hawk | 5 FP | x3
Vulture | 5 FP | x2

Celandine | usage | x1
feverfew | usage | x1
Dandelion | usage | x1
Lungwort | usage | x1
Marigold | usage | x1
Willow bark | usage | x1
Daisy leaf | usage | x1
Lovage | usage | x1
Poppyseed | usage | x3
burdock root | usage | x1
Stick | usage | x1

Note: Lightningstrike is a murderous cat in my clan and all of these cats are planned to be his victims. I was wondering if he could be incorporated into potential death scenarios (preferably without them noticing though). No problem if not!

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
I'm WolfstormSC, but you can call me Wolf!
He/him or They/Them
World Builder/Writer - Artist - Gamer
Avatar of Thatcher by Crisadence - #160992 on Lioden
Art of Atticus and Vincent by LonewolfKumniver on TH
Beaumont Collies - Return - Stars - VOK - HW
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
WolfstormSC

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Sulin » Tue May 03, 2022 4:14 am

The White Raven
Last Explore Post | Last Response Received

Ghost still unknowing how Cupid managed to find those supplies so fast had no idea what herb to use to help the bird so Cupid slid her aside and grabbed some Catmint and trotted over to the guardian and he said "here let me try this..." within a few minutes the poor bird got up and sat in the guardians paws still very weak from its experience. Ghost was amazed at how well Cupid was with medicine it stunned her she was at a loss for words. Cupid snapped Ghost out of it. Just before Cupid and Ghost left the guardian stopped both of them to thank them for their amazing work and Cupid replied with "Oh it's nothing I have encountered worse things..." Ghost had told the guardian "I did not do much but I am so grateful that I got to meet you" they both kneeled down before her and they told Fennel and the Guardian goodbye but before they left Ghost had asked Fennel "Since your mission is now complete will you need anymore help or will Cupid and I go on more adventures together with some other cats?" "But trust me we will never forget our amazing adventure with you" Cupid said with a big smile.

[ 210 words ]

-- cats on patrol
Ghost | She/Her | HP 100% | HUP 0% | Sick: Y/N
Cupid | He/They | HP 100% | HUP 0% | Sick: Y/N

-- custom predators / prey
n/a
-- level 0
experience: 61/100
x1 Catmint
-- active quests:
n/a
-- opted in to death?
No
-- inventory
Scraps | 1 FP | x3

Catmint | x1
Burnet | x1
Dried Oak Leaves | x1
Thyme | x1
- Type 1 Diabetic -
------------------------------------------------------
XXX - Spooks | She / Her - XXX
Hi there, I'm Sullivan c: Haven't been feeling too well lately, sorry!
I am a huge fan of MARVEL, TWD, the Witcher, and Good Omens!
I also love GoT, Blacklist, and Supernatural.
- Friends / Acquaintances -
Crow - Jay - Zach - Hyde - Marz-Barz - Temper
- Super Cool People -
Rocky - Herrings - Sweathie - Buzz - Cr0wz
- I Love you all! -
------------------------------------------------------
Follower check (just click my boy) >>>
Sulin

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

[0150.] viv's explore replies

Postby Vivika » Tue May 03, 2022 9:35 am

CRATERCLAN !!
    x( whovian5eva archive last post )

“Still wandering out here?”

A light, lyrical song leaped at her joined by the swish of pawsteps, gliding across the russet sands. The traveler’s head rose, the silver moonlight eclipsing her steady form of dappled bronze and gold.

Her jaws parted. “Furzetuft?”

A soft chuckle rose, a gold ribbon lacing the night. “Haven’t forgotten me, yet, have you?” Her muzzle tethered into a teasing smile, amber eyes vibrant with the light of the galaxies and stars. “I thought I might see you around again! Care for a picnic?”

“A picnic?”

With a dramatic flourish, dark silk floated, suspended, in the breeze. A billowing, azure tapestry accented by stitches of silver and gold, the intricate designs and swirls glinting under the bloom of the full moon. Furzetuft’s smile widened, paws drifting to smooth the grooved crinkles. “I bet you’re hungry. Come, have a snack.” (+1FP scraps, +1FP scraps, +1 mallow leaves)

“Thank you.” Emberstorm settled, tail comfortably resting at her paws. “The friend you mentioned from before… is she well?”

Oh! Why yes!” The traveler sprawled out, absentmindedly dusting sand off the silk. “I received some of those exotic herbs from a distant clan… and it really helped her illness.” Her brows creased. “I was worried she wouldn’t make it.”

A smile traced her features. “I’m glad she did. You mentioned a distant… clan?”

Furzetuft nodded. “They’re just… a group of cats that band together. For hunting, gathering, survival and the like.” Her chin settled on her paws. “A lovely bunch if you ask me! They’re always willing to aid my travels. They have a bunch of stories… goodness, so many stories. Just the other day they were talking about some ancient riddle and some rogue…”

And the night was alive.

Alive like the gusts of wind unravelling over the red desert dunes and the rustle of those steady gum trees, their branches swaying with the gales. Alive with… stories. Stories of a distant, faraway place with emerald heights and knotted vines; a tropical forest infused with the snarl of banded tigers and hooting monkeys. Stories of riddles and secrets, rogues and travelers, friendships… and betrayals. Stories of a life so different from the wind-swept home she knew.

As the evening dwindled, the stars’ twinkle dimming like the moon’s, the traveler’s tale drew into a close.

With a yawn, Furzetuft rose to her paws. “I should be on my way. It was… a pleasure to get to know you.” Her head tilted, cheeks flushed from the wind’s chill. “Before I forget! I hear from a certain she-cat that you helped her immensely.”

She dipped her head into the rugged pack at her side.

“For you.” A bronze, rounded trinket landed at her paws with a soft thud, the top encased by clouded glass. Inside, silver and scarlet needles spun, teetering between different directions. “Some call it a compass… they say it helps guides them.” Furzetuft shook her head, a soft laugh easing from her chest. “Truth be told, I’m not sure what it does. But maybe you’ll know.” (+1 rare edit! <3)

With a final nod, her tail lifted, smile soft. “I’ll see you around, Emberstorm. Until then!”
    xx
    totals

xx+10% hunger for each patrol cat
    xxxx↳ emberstorm (20% hunger)
    xxxxx

xxhealth stats
    xxxx↳ n/a

xxxx↳ +90XP for writing, +20XP for patrol sent
    xxxxxx+4XP for prey, +2XP for herbs, +30XP for npc quest

xx+1FP scraps, +1FP scraps
    xx+1 mallow leaves

xxitem finds (from active quest!)
    xxxx↳ +1 rare edit

xxlevels
    xxxx↳ +146XP → level 4 (617/500XP) → level 5 (117/650XP)

xxImagecongrats! you've reached level five and received an additional +3FP (your choice!), +2 herbs (your choice),
    xxxxxxxxxx+1 random custom (an artist will make this for you + post it on the stars main page!) and +150 stardust!
    x
    notes: n/a, you did everything perfectly! ^^ i also love what you did in your explore
    post! the interaction between emberstorm + mousespeck was so sweet, ahh! <33
Vivika

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

[0151.] viv's explore replies

Postby Vivika » Tue May 03, 2022 12:24 pm

DUSKCLAN !!
    x( wolfstormsc archive last post )

He was staring directly at the face of a ghost.

A phantom face with an ivory glint, banded by thick stripes of ebony and finished with curved, polished fangs. Dark eyes locked with his, unwavering, as the beast emerged, its earlier foraging long forgotten. And right now, the only thing it remembered was faces. His face. and… the patrol’s faces.

This was it ━ the calm before the storm.

And it was surreal. The sense of impending trouble, brewing just above the horizon to the toil and turmoil of thunder in gathering clouds. And for a second, the world was frozen. It was just him. Just him and the drumming in ears and the crescendo rising in his heart, drowning all other sights and sounds.

Except one.

A hiss shattered the silence, the defining note. And the rugged beast came charging.

Swallowing hard, he flicked his tail, nodding once towards the fierce warrioress at his side. Retreat. There was no fighting their way out of this one. Not in their state.

The glint in her eyes said all. “Run. I'll buy the rest some time.”

“Infernoheart━”

"Watch their backs."

She was off, a slender blade spinning on its axis, claws unsheathed. Ebony and russet curls darted, gliding underneath the ivory glint of the badger’s claws. Her movements were swift like glacier water carving through a canyon as she raked the beast’s muzzle.

Claws flashed and a screech split the air, trembling through the winds.

Behind him, the patrol scattered at his command, the back pulling out first in streaks of blurred color. Then, the middle, slower. His paws stuttered, frozen against the soft earth as he followed, forcing his stubborn paws into a run.

A loose rock rolled, clattering along the ground. His jaw tightened as the rock caught, jagged edges slicing the soft underpads of his paw. He teetered, grappling for balance. (-4% health for mousetail ━ no herbs or rest needed!)

Stars, if that badger came━

“You okay?” A firm shoulder steadied him, gently righting him. Infernoheart. Her chest heaved, curls drenched, but the flicker in her eyes was undying. Dark eyes shone, glittering with charcoal flame, a smear of scarlet dotting her muzzle. “Badger’s gone. Seems that it didn’t want to risk a fight." (predator left!)

"It's gone?" He blinked, a crease between his brow. “A-are you hurt?”

A little grin curved on her muzzle. “Badger was too slow for that.” With a lift of her chin, she landed a light swat along his side, a chuckle rumbling in her throat. “Don't look so worried, I can handle myself. Now come, I think the patrol’s regrouping… they seem to have found something.” (+3FP squirrel, +3FP squirrel, +3FP squirrel)

xx
    totals

xx+10% hunger for each patrol cat (patrol fed!)
    xxxx↳ shadestar (10% hunger), hawkstripe (10% hunger), ivypatch (10% hunger)
    xxxxxmousetail (10% hunger), infernoheart (10% hunger), weaselmask (10% hunger)

xx-4% health for mousetail
    xxxx↳ mousetail (95% health)

xxxx↳ +50XP for writing, +20XP for patrol sent
    xxxxxx+18XP for prey, +10XP for predator attack

xx+3FP squirrel, +3FP squirrel, +3FP squirrel
    xx+ no herbs </3

xxitem finds
    xxxx↳ n/a

xxlevels
    xxxx↳ +98XP → level 3 (360/400XP)

xxImage
    x
Vivika

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

005 • shoreclan

Postby SilentMelody » Tue May 03, 2022 1:50 pm

𝐒𝐡𝐨𝐫𝐞𝐜𝐥𝐚𝐧 ♥︎ ArchiveLast Explore Post | Last Response Received • [ 508 words ]
──────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────
In the midst of the battle of the badger, time seemed to stand still yet speed up all at the same time. The cats were anywhere and everywhere all at once, a flurry of fur racing over the humongous body of the lumbering badger. It took swipes at whoever dared to cross the path of its claws, and the cats darted to leap out of the way of harm.

However, in one instant the sharp claws came down across Tempestslash's shoulder. She hissed loudly and winced from the pain. The gray she-cat stumbled for a moment, blinking back tears at the stinging. However, she knew that she had to continue to push forward despite the heat that was pulsing from her wound. The others assisted where she could not, and when she had the chance to join in again, she did. Soon enough, the mighty beast fell to the ground, and the light died from its dark, beady eyes.

The cats gathered close to one another, assessing each other for wounds. Everyone was out of breath, but still in good health. In fact, Tigershine had even managed to find the badger's stash of prey. Perhaps the reason why the creature was so agitated.

Before the tom could finish his sentence, there was an unfamiliar and melodic voice. Her eyes seemed to gleam as she gazed at each of the cats, especially Tempestslash with the wound on her shoulder. The other cat pushed forward some herbs, but the silver she-cat could only sneer with suspicion and she opened her mouth in a snarl. Despite her injury, she stepped forward and raised her head as she looked down on the she-cat.

The she-cat -- Furzetuft, in which she claims to be her name -- stated an odd request. And an even more odd scenario. A snack for a friend... solving a riddle... at an ancient tomb? What in Starclan was that supposed to mean? All of the cats glanced around at each other in confusion. However, Blueberrynose decided to step forward. "Oh, don't mind Tempestslash! She's just grumpy. I'm Blueberrynose. That's my friend Embersnow, and those two lovebirds over there are Tigershine and Streambrook," she rambled.

She paused and regarded their pile of prey, ignoring the intense glare from Tempestslash. "Why don't I give you some of this? We have plenty!"

The blue she-cat pushed forward some scraps, left behind from an earlier meal. It wasn't much, but she didn't want to anger the leader of the patrol. Beside, she said a little snack... right? Furzetuft seemed sweet! (1 scraps -- 1 FP -- for Furzetuft's quest)

Once the gift was given, the cats returned to camp.

---

The next morning, the cats prepared for another patrol. Tempestslash's shoulder was still bothering her a bit, but her stubbornness wouldn't let her have a "scratch" keep her from her duties.

Blueberrynose and Embersnow were eager to leave, as always. However, Streambrook and Tigershine decided to stay in the camp, having had too much excitement for one patrol. Instead, Fogspark and Hydrangeawave, two young warriors and two friends, took their place in the patrol.
──────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────

-- cats on patrol
Tempestslash | she/her | HP 97% | HUP 40% | Sick: No
Embersnow | she/her | HP 100% | HUP 40% | Sick: No
Blueberrynose | she/her | HP 100% | HUP 40% | Sick: No
Hydrangeawave | they/them | HP 100% | HUP 0% | Sick: No
Fogspark | they/them | HP 100% | HUP 0% | Sick: No
-- level 4
experience: 175/500
predators/prey & yes to death
active quests: 1 FP for Furzetuft (complete)
1 scraps for Furzetuft
-- prey inventory
eagle | 5 FP | x1
minnow | 1 FP | x1
mouse | 1 FP | x3
quail | 3 FP | x4
rabbit | 4 FP | x5
salmon | 2 FP | x1
scraps | 1 FP | x1
shrew | 2 FP | x1
trout | 2 FP | x1