Forum rules
Reminder: Copying another person's art without permission to reproduce their work is a form of art-theft!
Click here to see the full Art Rules!

Re: Stars V.2 • Nursery

Postby canadianhowl » Thu Feb 29, 2024 12:01 pm

Wow what a great February!

As I promised one more round of myth parent breedings

Requirement is that at least one parent must contain a mythical edit
    You’re free to use your own cats or split a breeding!
    (Reminder that if the other user is with me mark the ticket down as no split)
    No apprentice refs (unless you ask nicely and you don’t roll a lot of kittens)

Now you’re free to just post your forum BUT if you write me some lore about the parent(s) and/or possible kittens I’ll think about accepting your forum more. The more you write the more I’ll pick it. Who knows, write enough and I’ll auto accept.

Ending in 3-4 hours. I’ll take as many as I think I can handle / motivation for
              ╔═══════════════╗

{ he/they - adult }
              Hi! My name is Zander!
              I've been drawing for years
              I mostly draw cats!
              Be nice to crabs!
              { stars - TH }

╚═══════════════╝
canadianhowl

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Eolwyn x Bearberry

Postby Archaeopteryx. » Thu Feb 29, 2024 12:05 pm

I want some kittens!
Artist: canadianhowl

Username + ID: Archaeopteryx. 334452
Last accepted form: Feb 4th

Cat 1: Eolwyn
Permission: Mine!
Last bred: Feb 2nd

Cat 2: Bearberry
Permission: Mine!
Last bred: Never bred!

Appearance or genetics based?: Artist's choice!
Would you like apprentice references for your litter?: Don't do all that <3
Items using: BOF!

Allow for random NR edits?: Yes!
Roll for chance at random myth edit?: Yes
If this litter has more than one user involved, will you be splitting the litter?: N/A

The water lapped at the shore and below her paws the earth shook as if trying to recover from some deep, innumerable loss. Like she was recovering from some great innumerable loss.

Around her the island was falling, great fissures carved in the earth as if by claws many times her size, but the ferraen had no eyes for it.

For below her was a pile of squirming kittens, mewling pitifully.

"Oh, dear," she murmured, nuzzling them slightly. "Where are your parents, little ones?"

Saying that felt wrong, somehow, as if she should know something about these poor, helpless little things that looked so familiar, in a way that couldn't stick in her mind—

"No matter," She whispered to them, gathering them up in her paws. "I will take you in until your parents can be found. It's quite chaotic right now after all—a lot is changing and I'm sure we'll find them eventually."

They never did.

And yet, they were loved regardless.

──────────────────────
it/its
─────────
Obsessive worldbuilder,
enjoyer of speculative fiction
and stories about apocalypses.

─────────
ImageImageImage
──────────────────────
Archaeopteryx.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby KittyandCat » Thu Feb 29, 2024 12:07 pm

I want some kittens!

Username + ID: EchoIre (798835)
Last accepted form: X

Username + ID: KittyandCat (945930)
Last accepted form: X

Cat 1: Vukava
Permission: x
Last bred: x

Cat 2: Hurricanebreeze
Permission: N/A
Last bred: x

Appearance or genetics based?: genetics
Would you like apprentice references for your litter?: prefered if a kit rolls vitiligo, otherwise artist’s choice!
Items using: my BOF & Echo’s BOF + HG for Vukava

Allow for random NR edits?: yes
Roll for chance at random myth edit?: yes
If this litter has more than one user involved, will you be splitting the litter?: yes

writing!
Last edited by KittyandCat on Thu Feb 29, 2024 12:36 pm, edited 2 times in total.

he/him | EST

-flight rising

Image Image
KittyandCat

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby unohdettu.lupaus » Thu Feb 29, 2024 12:13 pm

I want some kittens!
Artist:Canadianhowl

Username + ID:Unohdettu.Lupaus 946652
Last accepted form: 31th of oct 2023

Other username + ID: 0zero0 780482
Other user's last accepted form:21 feb 2024

Cat 1: Hati
Permission: owned by self
Last bred: never bred

Cat 2: scattered soul
Permission: https://i.imgur.com/thYM4uY_d.webp?maxw ... =grand.png

Last bred:april 18th 2022

Appearance or genetics based?: Genetics
Would you like apprentice references for your litter?: No
Items using: N/A

Roll for chance at random myth edit?:yes
If this litter has more than one user involved, will you be splitting the litter?: N/A

(sedited bcs somehow i had deleted the part for the second user info!)
Last edited by unohdettu.lupaus on Thu Feb 29, 2024 12:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.

- Coyote / Unohdettu -
- He/They -
- Discord: thistlecoyote -
- Toyhouse -
- Oekaki artshop
- Instagram -

A certain darkness
is needed
to see the stars
·:*¨༺ ★ ༻¨*:·.

ImageImage

unohdettu.lupaus

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Echo Revna » Thu Feb 29, 2024 12:15 pm

I want some kittens!

Username + ID: Echo Raven + 817006
Last accepted form: ~~~

Other username + ID: 0Zero0 + 780482
Other user's last accepted form: ~~~

Cat 1: Emeraldviper
Permission: mine

Cat 2: Harvestmoon
Permission: ~~~
Last bred: Nov. 13

Appearance or genetics based?: artist choice
Would you like apprentice references for your litter?: no
Items using: BOF

If this litter has more than one user involved, will you be splitting the litter?: no

Can't make up my mind if I want to write or not, so....

Emeraldviper glanced at her snake companion, a snake was fun and all, a very calm companion that never caused any trouble but still provided her with a presence other than herself, but what she really wanted was another cat to hang out with. Someone to talk to, someone to go on adventures with, someone to bounce ideas off of, someone to cuddle with on cold nights, maybe even someone to raise some kits with. She had been thinking about it for so long, she thought about it every day. She felt like she'd been waiting so long, and yet, she was still alone out here. She didn't even really know where "out here" was, or if anyone else would ever show up way out here, there weren't even any predators here, she wasn't sure how she'd gotten here, but it was peaceful and quiet and the only problem was that she was alone, but it was safe here and she didn't want to leave this safe place. She sighed and busied herself with her flower gathering, she had found some wild violets that she decided she just needed to add a little bit of cheer into her life at the moment. A short way away there were some pretty little fern leaves that she could add in for a bit of soft green and she knew an area further upstream with some lovely small orchids in a variety of colors, purple, pink, white, and even black. She finished grabbing her violets and headed over to inspect the fern leaves for her arrangement, nothing too big, and she wanted a few that weren't unfurled yet for some interest. After selecting the best leaves, she made her way through the trees to the place where the orchids had put down their roots, carefully she picked out five lovely light purple ones, two dark purple, three pink, one black, and three white ones for her collection. When she finished gathering her assortment of vegetation, she headed back toward the stream so she could rig up some a vase for them, she had recently found a small hollowed out piece of wood that would work well. About half way back she saw a splash of blue by a nearby tree, instantly she knew it was bluebells, so she scurried over to grab a few to add to her bouquet. Having wasted her time on that, and knowing how fragile orchids and violets are, she raced back to the creek. Gently she placed the flowers into her makeshift vase and filled it with crystal clear cool water from the gently flowing stream. She set them a few feet from the edge of the water and gazed down into the stream, watching the small dully colored fish swim around together and thinking, 'fish in the sea, such a silly human saying, but they got the not wanting to toss their fish back right'. A few minutes later she shook her head and headed back out to the field to bask in the rays of orange and yellow sunlight with her little snake friend. She made her way out to the large flat rock on one side of the field, batting at some of the tall blades of grass along the way and letting her fur ruffle in the wind. When she reached the rock, she climbed to the top and curled up, watching the clouds as they raced across the sky and noting that a storm was brewing near the top of the nearby mountain range. She stared at it intently for a while, just to make sure it wouldn't be heading in her direction. Reassured that it would not be disrupting her nap, she tucked her paws in and laid her chin on the rock, soon falling asleep from the warmth of the sun and the gentle whisper of the breeze through the tall grass that surrounded her. Several hours later, she awoke to the sun setting, painting the sky in lovely shades of lilac, rose, and topaz. She watched it for a few moments, tail swishing back and forth slowly, before hoping delicately down from the rock and turning to head back to the stream. As she reached the edge of the field, about to step back into the trees, she glanced over her shoulder to catch a final glimpse of the sunset and froze, on her rock, where she had just been not 3 minutes before, sat another cat, a cat that appeared to be watching her hesitantly. As they watched each other carefully, Emeraldviper wondered, was this the cat friend that she'd been wanting for so long?

(775 words)
Last edited by Echo Revna on Thu Feb 29, 2024 2:00 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Echo Revna

Postby Hazelfang » Thu Feb 29, 2024 12:22 pm

I want some kittens!
Artist: Canadianhowl

Username + ID: Hazelfang + 941669
Last accepted form: 2/22

Other username + ID: 0Zero0 + 780482
Other user's last accepted form: 2/20

Cat 1: Lostwind
Permission: n/a
Last bred: never :)

Cat 2: Harvestmoon
Permission: <3
Last bred: 11/13/23

Appearance or genetics based?: appearance please!
Would you like apprentice references for your litter?: no thank you :)
Items using: 1 BoF for me; 1x Star's Blessing; 2x Shooting Star (both curled tail please!)

Allow for random NR edits?: yes please!
Roll for chance at random myth edit?: Yes please!
If this litter has more than one user involved, will you be splitting the litter?: no

Prompt:

Their time together passed like leaves in the breeze. Here one moment, gone the next. However, the memories of their limited time remain in Lostwind's heart and mind forever more. Harvestmoon had been more to him than a "fling" as his Kin seem to suggest they were. No, it was far more than that. If not for fate, he would still be by her side even now. And yet, fate can be the cruelest of monsters.

Lostwind and Harvestmoon had met nearly two seasons ago now while he was on a journey as the assigned guardian for his marauder kin. One night, while he was protecting the temporary refuge they had made, he heard a cry far away. A cry so desperate, so terrified, that he couldn't help but rush towards it. With speed of a hare, he was already at the source of the sound only. Before him was a small she-cat corner against a tree with a young wolf snarling before her. Lostwind didn't dare take a moment to think, instead, he leaped towards the wolf, ripping it down onto its side. The following moments remain a blurr for the guardian tom as all he can recall was a crimson screen obscuring his vision. All he did remember is that he would have kept going if the young wolf didn't squirm its way out of his grasp and race off yelping. After the wolf had long escaped, he had returned his attention towards the frightened young she-cat only to see her looking up at him with huge, beaming eyes. "You're incredible!" Her first words. Those were the first words she had ever spoken to him. He would remember them forever.. and the flustered feeling that took over his heart at that moment.

After that, well, Lostwind was absolutely entranced in her romantic spell. He had spent the next days attached at the hip to her, practically neglecting his duty as a guardian entirely. The Kin that accompanied him were aware of his newfound love and thought it was harmless. Until the days grew harder without his guardianship. They tried to reason with him, to insist he should focus on the mission. But it didn't matter. Nothing mattered to him when he was around her. She was his world, he couldn't imagine not being with her. Every moment he could spare, he was with her. And every moment with her was amazing. Laying beneath the clouds together, hunting within the trees, and cuddling beneath the stars. No matter how insignificant it seemed, it made him incredibly happy. He truly had never felt so elated in his entire seasons and he didn't want to ever stop... That is, until reality struck. Their journey was coming to an end, and so was their relationship. It was an internal battle that tore him apart. He begged Harvestmoon to return home with him. He promised he would keep her safe forever and make sure she felt perfectly at home within the Kin. He was confident she would fit in, how could the Kin not love her? But she refused. She was needed elsewhere, she'd say. She couldn't leave those who need her, she'd say. Every refusal placed another crack on his heart until it shattered. He had no choice but to leave. To return to his Kin. He wanted nothing more than to run away with her. To live together forever and ever. But he knew he couldn't abandon those who had given him a chance. Those who gave him hope when he was lost. He, too, was needed elsewhere. So he had to make a choice. A decision that cost more than he could ever imagine. He decided to return home without her.

Once with the Kin, he would be utterly inconsolable. Each day, he would do his job silently. He'd perform his role with no complaints and no joy in his eyes. Those he used to speak to wouldn't hear a word utter from him the entire time. He was a wreck, torn apart from the agony of being separated from the one he loves. He would wonder if life was worth living again. Perhaps he made the wrong choice leaving her. Perhaps the Kin would be okay without him and he could return to his love. He dreamed of racing back to her, cuddling once with her beneath the night sky. His dreams would be all that got him through the day. He believed his dreams would be the only time he'd ever get to see her again. That is, until one day, only two seasons after losing her, he would see her again. She would come to his camp and reveal they have kits together. That she couldn't raise them alone and wishes to leave them with him. She would still refuse to join the Kin, solemnly telling him of how she is needed elsewhere still. She would insist that he would be a wonderful father and that their beloved kits would be safe with him. Seeing her again would revitalize the pain in his heart. Yet, he'd soon realize that the little gifts she'd leave for him would bring him more joy than he could ever imagine. That the lonely hole she left in his heart could be filled by the love of another kind. He would finally become a father as he always wanted to. Perhaps, not quite as he expected. His vision of raising kits alongside his beloved Harvestmoon was certainly a thing of the past. A dream lost with time. But these kits. His kits were now here. His dreams still lived on in the hearts of the tiny bundles of joy before him. His love could live on, thriving through his future with his children. They would never feel the pain and suffering of loss that he has endured time and time again. He was absolutely certain of that.
986 words

I have lots of happy fatherly moments planned for him after this 🥰 Lostwind was an orphan himself and never got to experience fatherly love, having been raised by his adoptive mother. So he works his absolutely hardest to make sure he does everything perfectly right! He strives to be the absolute best father without even knowing what that means. I even picture these cute moments where the other parents teach him what to do or times where he is pestering the Ministra to let him watch the kits. He also manages to convince the Magister to let him spend a moon in the nursery with the kits, as this usually breaks tradition (typically the parents only spend the first moon then the rest of the time is raised by the Ministra).
Last edited by Hazelfang on Thu Feb 29, 2024 2:38 pm, edited 5 times in total.
Hazelfang

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Whovian5EVA » Thu Feb 29, 2024 12:31 pm

I want some kittens!
Artist:canadianhowl

Username + ID: Whovian5eva
Last accepted form: February 2024

Cat 1: Midnight
Permission: Owned by me!
Last bred: Never bred!

Cat 2: Goldenhour
Permission: NPC <3
Last bred: N/A

Appearance or genetics based?: Up to you!!
Would you like apprentice references for your litter?: Up to you!!
Items using:BOF,Stars Blessing (But only if you feel up for doing 3 kits)

Allow for random NR edits?: Up to you!!
Roll for chance at random myth edit?: Yes Please!!
If this litter has more than one user involved, will you be splitting the litter?:Just me in this one!!

The harsh winds of the hot desert tossed the burning red sand up and around their tree. She gazed down at her tiny balls of fur. Their tiny noses warmed their heart and with them here, the hostile desert shifted to feel like a peaceful paradise. Their precious closed eyes, and folded down ears, they were so new to this world.
And yet... They wouldn't survive in the spiritual realm... She absolutely could not bring them home with her... The group of travellers that she was one of , existed as something between the deities, and the living world, but they were not born with that. Someway and somehow these kits did not get that part of them. They existed as far too close to regular cats, she knew that one day, she would have to leave them behind...

Midnight's heart ached, they thought that kits that were half deities, would surely have been able to exist in the spirit realm, they must have been wrong... The short time that the kits had been here, the realm seemed to bubble and boil around them, rejecting their very presence. They sighed, they reached their presence out to Golden hour, comforting them. "They will be safe with the clans, I know they will, and we can always keep an eye on them." They sat together with the kits, watching then settle in for sleep in the fork of that tree.

The part that Goldenhour and Midnight missed, was the gentle warmth of a light shining from one of the kits. An ethereal warmth shining from within one of the kits, that was almost magical...
Little did she know, that perhaps... one day they might return to her...

Soon, they would grow with that Cats of the Desert, under the watchful eye of Opalflight and Emberstorm the Starguides of the clans. In time their destinies will find them.
Last edited by Whovian5EVA on Thu Feb 29, 2024 1:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.

If I'm online at weird
times its because
I'm from Australia.
You can call me Vee! :)
Uni Student | adult
I draw sometimes I guess?
Whovian5EVA

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby crexmii » Thu Feb 29, 2024 1:06 pm

I want some kittens!

Username + ID: crexmii + 1056107
    Last accepted form: arch slots

Other username + ID: Thani + 509675
    Other user's last accepted form: arch slots

Cat 1: alifera
    Permission: mine !!
    Last bred: feb 21

Cat 2: VERITY !!
    Permission: Image

Would you like apprentice references for your litter?: artist choice
    Items using: x1 bof for me
    x1 bof for thani
    x1 hourglass from thani

Roll for chance at random myth edit?: you bet!!
    If this litter has more than one user involved, will you be splitting the litter?: yes :thumbsup:

LORE HERE grumpy man adopts a second child real
Last edited by crexmii on Thu Feb 29, 2024 1:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
crexmii

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Thani » Thu Feb 29, 2024 1:10 pm

I want some kittens!
Artist: Canadianhowl

Username + ID: Thani 509675
Last accepted form: Here

Other username + ID: crexmii 1056107
Other user's last accepted form: Here

Cat 1: Alifera
Permission: Image
Last bred: Here

Cat 2: Verity
Permission: Mine
Last bred: Never bred

Appearance or genetics based?: Either
Would you like apprentice references for your litter?: nope!
Items using: 1x BOF for crexmii 1x BOF for Thani (Crexmiis) HG for Alifera

Allow for random NR edits?: Yes!
Roll for chance at random myth edit?: Yes!
If this litter has more than one user involved, will you be splitting the litter?: Yes!

She never had a mate. Never lay with anyone and never wished for this.
So how could it be so?
Verity had given birth, but not in the way that these things normally happen, no.
Much like Pandora had created gods in the past, Verity herself had someone also succedeed in the impossible.
A small child(or children), full of hopes and dreams was bestowed upon her.
Quickly the corruption of evil burrowed its way into their tiny minds, much like it had her own.
The dark forest had just worked that way.

Hatred. Fear. Paranoia. So strong these emotions were as they embedded themselves deep into the hearts of this kitten (these kits).
Creating something that was far more evil than Verity herself was. She considered herself neautral int he coming battle between the gods.
But her child (children) oh they were not neutral at all.
Anima had seen this coming, the begining of the end.
Widespread panic amongst the mortal realm and all who live there. All from the eyes of a seemingly innocent kit. (kittens)
He knew what he had to do, once he failed to stop it in the first place.
He had to kill them. Before they grew and corrupted humantinty, tipping the scale of "good" and "evil" even more so than Ashes had these past few months.

Verity loved her child (children) with her whole being, but they did not love her back.
In their eyes, she was weak.
Unable to do what must be done and at the cost of her life, she protected them.
Down to the last moment, something that they never would have done for her.
But what is a better downfall than that of a mothers instinct. A mothers love.

(I have very different plans depending on if I get more than one kitten or just one kitten :eyes: so let RNG decide the fate of this story!)
(Crexmii is writing their own thing rn c:<)
Thani

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby thelabradorr » Thu Feb 29, 2024 1:15 pm

I want some kittens!

Username + ID: thelabradorr + 605000
    Last accepted form: 02/01/2024

Other username + ID: jay. + 688591
    Other user's last accepted form: 02/13/2024

Cat 1: noelani
    Permission: owned by self

Cat 2: howlingwind
    Permission: Permission
    Last bred: 02/13/2024

Would you like apprentice references for your litter?: artist choice
    Items using: BOF for Jay, hourglass for howlingwind, BOF for thelabradorr

If this litter has more than one user involved, will you be splitting the litter?: yes

this was never supposed to happen. noelani's existence was a known hazard to the very world she inhabited. and yet, she allowed herself to be seen, to be heard, and for a few hours every so often - to be loved.

it was a very unplanned encounter, the first time the two cats had crossed paths. noelani, a wounded fugitive running from her hunters. howlingwind, a kindhearted adventurer who just so happen to know a really good hiding location. within the confined space of the rooted tree cave the two shared the same breaths - strangers nose to nose - heartbeats matching.

howlingwind could see the dim flashes of lightning that burned in noelani's eyes, their gaze fixated on how peculiar they were.

"i can control the weather." noelani had muttered into their shared space.

"hm." was the only thing howlingwind could muster at the time, their breaths becoming shorter in the presence of what had been drilled into the minds of everyone - the presence of a threat.

the experienced adventurer did not cower to such fables though and insisted the two remain in contact and occasionally share their time with one another.

"you owe me," howlingwind had told noelani, "for saving your life and all."

and the two had agreed upon the contract, growing and nurturing their unnatural relationship through infrequent rendezvouses. never binding themselves to the another, but rather knowing that if they needed that shared closeness, they were willing to share the same air once more.
      [246 words]
thelabradorr

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me