Forum rules
Reminder: Copying another person's art without permission to reproduce their work is a form of art-theft!
Click here to see the full Art Rules!

Re: Stars V.2 • Explore

Postby ArithMedic » Fri Oct 06, 2023 5:09 am

---

Everstar and Scorchedfur kept going west, planning to walk the entire Junkplace border, as Scorchedfur placed the herbs in a bag she'd brought with her, carefully making sure they were not in the same pocket as any bits and bobs she left in it that could crush or damage them.

Mousefur picked up her catches, going backward to where they had split up so that she could bury the prey and come back for it at the end of the patrol. Once it was buried securely and she knew no wild animals were likely to dig up the mice or steal them, she returned back to patroling down the east border on the scentline.

Silverpaw, Copperpaw, and Goldenpaw bickered back and forth. Silverpaw, although a tad more confident from his catch of the robin, wanted to get away from the carcass and pretend they'd never seen it. Copperpaw was curious and wanted to investigate before going back for any of the adults. Goldenpaw, however, remembered Everstar's instructions and thought they should go get one of the warriors who could investigate instead, in case this new smell was a threat.

In the end, Copperpaw decided to investigate alone while Silverpaw and Goldenpaw went back to look for Mousefur, who they knew had come the same direction as them.

Copperpaw took a deep sniff of the strange scent and wandered off following the scent, keeping his pawsteps as quiet as possible.

Silverpaw and Goldenpaw sniffed the air for Mousefur's scent as they made their way back. Silverpaw munched nervously on some leaves he'd picked up along the way. As far as he knew, they weren't medicinal, he just need to chew on something. They finally found Mousefur and explained the situation.

Mousefur was greatly concerned that Copperpaw had gone off on his own and was even more so concerned that he was tracing an unknown smell off of a carcass. That meant there was a predator at the end of that scent trail. She took off at a run, following the path Goldenpaw and Silverpaw had taken, after sending the pair the other direction to find Evermist and Scorchedfur. Copperpaw may need all the back up she can get him.

[368 words ]
[3 event words]

-- cats on patrol
Everstar | She/her | HP 100% | HUP 0% | Sick: N
Goldenpaw | She/her | HP 100% | HUP 0% | Sick: N
Mousefur | She/her | HP 100% | HUP 0% | Sick: N
Silverpaw | He/Him | HP 100% | HUP 0% | Sick: N
Scorchedfur | She/her | HP 100% | HUP 0% | Sick: N
Copperpaw | He/him | HP 100% | HUP 0% | Sick: N

-- custom predators / prey
N/A
-- level 1
experience: 69/200
-- items in inventory used
N/A
-- active quests:
N/A (linked)
-- opted in to death?
yes
-- inventory
Bugs | 1 FP | x2
Scraps | 1 FP | x2
Mouse | 2 FP | x2
Bird | 4 FP | x1

Cobweb | x1
Feverfew | x1
Stinging nettle | x1

Side Note: Claiming Exp
Jun Quests: +45xp, +40xp
Aug Quests: +25xp, +35xp
I'm autistic so sometimes I misunderstand things or say the wrong thing, please be patient with me!

I go by Arith for short!
Christian, Autistic, ADHD, College student
Artist, Writer, Seamstress, Roleplayer
ArithMedic

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Thani » Fri Oct 06, 2023 6:27 am

☆ ── ᑕᒪᗩᑎ ᑕᒪᗩᑎ
Last Post - Last Reply

The Fleeing group watched in amazement as Mallow rushed to the front of them all brandishing a large stick still alight with flames. Fig, who was previously eye to eye with the beast, had all intentions to stand his ground. Despite his obvious courage he was relieved when Mallow stepped foot in front of him, bringing the gaze of the dog off of him and onto her.

“I know where we must go.” A breathless Fig called out hoarsely towards Cauliflower who was shielding a kit underneath her front legs. “Someplace they will not follow us.”
Cauliflower had a knowing look on her face as her brow slumped forward with concern,despite this she gave a slow nod, reaching down to pick the kit up by its fur.
Fig nodded in return, turning towards everyone as mallow lunged at the beast, giving them an opportunity to escape and get further away.
“Follow me then everyone!”

Across the clearing they went, the opposite direction that the dog had come from, everyone keeping close to each other as the Warriors finally caught up to help Mallow only to see a fleeing form as they approached.

“Catch up with the others, get them somewhere safe. I'm going back after them.” Mallow groaned out, eyes trained on the flames burning the trees as a thick layer of smoke now covered almost everything in the area.

“Like hell you are, Mallow! Look around you! Do you think now is the time to pick another fight?” Flo called out, annoyance lacing her voice.
Viette went to say something before Flo spoke out over her-
“I don’t want to hear it Viette, We don’t need you encouraging her. We get everyone to safety then and ONLY then do we come up with a plan to retaliate. They cannot get away with this, I agree.”

Mallow winced at the intensity of her soft spoken friend's words, knowing she was right.
She knew better than to argue with her, especially when she got like this. She knew she was only trying to make up for the lack of Verum during this time, as Verum would have likely kept Mallow in check as well.

“Fine…Lets catch up then, I hope Fig knows where he’s taking us..”

- -

When Cauliflower first entered the portal that led her to Clan Clan she had wandered into a cave. It was the night before she met Fig, was introduced into the clan and started under him as a medicine cat apprentice. The cave seemed to go in pretty deep, and the further you got in the fouler the smell got. Crystals aligned the sides of the cave, scaling up hundreds of feet and illuminating the space around. She would have ventured deeper if her guttural instinct hadn’t told her to stop when she did. When she eventually found her way into Clan clan’s territory the morning after she was told about how that cave was off limits and a dangerous point of no return. That it was a void where time almost stood still and the creatures within were things straight out of your nightmares. Cauli was young and impressionable and believed every word to be true. She had no reason to believe otherwise at the time….

- -

“This is where we have to go” Fig announced, as the group fleeing stood now in front of a large cave mouth, hidden just barely beneath a canopy of trees and shrubbery.

“Everyone stick close to me, follow the path EXACTLY as I do and ... .prepare for the smell.” After saying that last part he stepped foot into the cave mouth, and as he did it was almost like time had stopped. Cauliflower rounded up the kits and gave them a quick pep talk making sure each one was still accounted for. That was when she realized that the small green prickly kit they had rescued was not here. She swore Mallow promised to retrieve her.

“Mallow!” Cauliflower called out, as she moved from the group back towards the warriors who were coming up to them. “The kit! Is she with you!? I can’t believe I forgot about her…everything was so crazy, I..I was trying to get everyone to safety and I just-.”

“Cauli, Cauli it’s okay! You did the best you could in an impossible situation.” Mallow tried to calm the frustrated she-cat in front of her. “I saw her fleeing when we left, we’ll find her once the flames die down, okay? It’ll be safer to search. I’m sorry I couldn’t get to her in time either.”

Cauli looked behind her friend towards their home that was burning down in the distance, her expression that of worry as she wished Tansy and Verum were here with them. She knew she could trust them to return but the kit…the kit she was worried her wounds would open and something would happen and…that was it.

Cauli pushed past mallow so quickly she was too late to even stop her, not expecting her to run off like that. Mallow looked mouth agape as that was so unlike cauliflower to be so reckless. She turned to Flo, who just gave a sigh and nodded her head towards cauli, before willing her legs to run after the healer. They were headed back towards the camp….

- -

The small green kit ran for as long as her little legs could carry her, barely making it halfway to the clearing that led to the border of the two clans. Her wounds were aching her with every step she took, the pain only acting as fuel for her to keep going. She had to keep going.
A small rock in her path unnoticed caused her to trip, falling forward and onto her face, a wince breaking her out of her concentration to just keep going.
She lie in pain there for what felt like an eternity, just wishing that she were stronger, before she transformed back into a squirrel.

Cauliflower wasted no time in getting around the flames, choking on the smoke that was thick in the air she was determined to get around and get to her lover and friends. She could not go into the cave without first finding them..she would not be okay until they were okay.

“Cauli! Stop! It’s too thick, the smoke! Its not safe!” Mallow choked out, easily catching up to her.

“We can’t leave without them!” She coughed out in response, ducking her head as she tried to minimize her breathing. Once she pushed through, with mallow hot on her trail, they both got out of the worst of it, coming out through the other side of the heavy smoke.
It was then that Cauli focused her attention to the ground, seeing if she could spot any disturbed areas where the small kit could have run off to. She wasn’t the best at tracking but she had someone with her that was.

“Mallow, we have to find her before they do, they could still be out here just lurking. We have to find her.”

- -

Verum wasn’t moving fast enough, she couldn’t. They were too far out and there was no way they could get to their camp in time to help out with whatever was going on. As panicked as she was, Tansy was even more so. Feeling helpless she allowed Verum to carry her along, knowing her legs could not keep up with hers in her transformed state.
Suddenly, Verum stopped, snapping Tansy out of her mind and into the reality in front of them

“Why are you stopping! Verum we have t-”

“Quiet.” She struggled to say with her mouth full of Tansies fur as she held the warrior up.

It was then that Tansy focused her gaze on the brush a mile from them. Fleeing forms, at least 20 of them, all rushed through the bramble trying to be unseen as they fled from the direction of their camp. They were fast..incredibly fast and Tansy would have missed them completely if Verum’s senses weren’t heightened enough to point them out.

She would set tansy down, transforming back into her cat self to become smaller and hopefully harder to see. “They did this. Mallow did this.”

Tansy looked over at her angry friend, wanting to defend Mallow, but she felt the same way. In the moment it was easy to blame their friend, bringing one of the outsiders kittens to their home…they had no idea the repercussions this would bring about. And Mallow was the one who brought her there.
- -

Meanwhile the rest of the group heading into the mouth of the cave were almost to their destination. The smell was awful and thick and the further they got in the worse it got.
“Almost there, keep steady everyone! The worst is about to pass!” Fig called out front, trying to keep the momentum going as he rallied his clanmates to keep on.

It was then that they rounded a corner, and a small light could be seen peeking out from what everyone assumed was the other side. And as promised, as they approached the ever growing light the smell died down, disappearing slowly as it began to become a memory one would want to forget.
A few more minutes of walking and they would emerge, from the mouth of the cave and into a place that looked naught like the one they had just come from. No longer were they surrounded by purple and green hued trees, but by large stalky brown trees. The grass that was once vibrant and full of flowers is now a muddied green and soaked wet with swamp water. Gentle croaks and bubbling bloops could be heard all around as the area seemed to come alive the moment they stepped foot in.

A few elder cats looked on in bumfuzzlement, taking in the sights ahead of them as the kits were just excited to finally have some place to run around. Fig sighed a sigh of relief before looking back towards the group. “All right everyone! We made it but our journey is not over! We need to seek higher ground to setup a new camp location. Please be careful, this place still has dangers.”

The group moved through the wet patched ground exiting the mouth of the cave, and into a thicker deeper part of the swamp, their legs almost completely submerged in the water. Those that could would pick up kits so as to not have them be fully submerged. It was quite a sight for wandering eyes. A dirty and old bridge covered in moss and half rotted from the moist surrounding was a nice sight as the group made their way onto it and looked outwards as it led towards a large hill in the distance.

“There!” Fig called out “That's where we shall go!”

“Oh what's this, Bugs? Silly pawsteps think they can step foot in wild one's home?”
A bubbling voice came from the swamp water below as a geiser went off in the distance, startling some kits.

“Are these pawsteps the one we have beef with, Pria?” A chuckled came from the other side of the bridge, before the form submerged back into the swamp water, disappearing from view.

“Mmm~ They do not smell the same to me.” The first voice would speak out again.

Fig held his ground on the bridge, as the waters below them bubbled with amusement as the two voices taunted them. He silently guided the kits to the center of the group as the more capable cats took the outside in case whoever or whatever these were decided to attack.
Harsh splashes of water every so often came down upon them, soaking their fur as laughter rang out from all around, making it difficult to pinpoint the source.

“Oh forget this!” One of the cats spoke out before making a run for the end of the bridge, towards the hill. It was then that they were grabbed and dragged under the swamp water.
Everyone stood still, too stunned to make a move as they watched their clanmate get dragged in by some dark green blur.
Moments later bright orange eyes peeked out of the water, large vines covering the top of their head as they stared down the group a few feet away above them.

“Boo!”

ᗯOᖇᗪ ᑕOᑌᑎT: 2,068

Notes; Used words for Inktober are Bolded beef,Bloops,Bumfuzzlement,pawsteps and Wandering.
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

EXP & LvL: 387/500 LVL 4 -----------------Death Opt In-----------------ᑕᖇEᗩTᑌᖇEᔕ:Default

IᑎᐯEᑎTOᖇY:
Broom x1
Catcheweed x1
Chervil x1
Comfey Root x1
Fennel x2
Lovage x1
Marigold x1
Ragwort x1
Stick x1
Tansey x1
Thyme x1
Willow Leaves x1

Scraps x1
Bugs x2
Mouse x2
Squirrel x1
Rabbit x1
Bird x3

-----------------Oᑎ ᑭᗩTᖇOᒪ:

Joining the "Patrol"
Green kit HP 100% HUP 0% - - -Scared, Desperate, Injured
Cauliflower HP 100% HUP 0% - - - Panicked, Caring, Reckless

Already on "Patrol"
Mallowsweet HP 95% HUP 20% - - - Concentrated, Scared
Tansy HP 95% HUP 20% - - - Worried, Scared, Exhausted
Verum HP 95% HUP 20% - - - Angry, Exhausted, Frustrated

Leaving "Patrol"
Flo HP 100% HUP 20% - - -

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
└───────┘
░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░
░░░░░░
░░░░░░

──── 𝚌𝚊𝚗 𝚏𝚎𝚎𝚕 𝚢𝚘𝚞 𝚛𝚎𝚊𝚌𝚑𝚒𝚗𝚐 𝚝𝚑𝚛𝚘𝚞𝚐𝚑
text text text text text text text text text text text

░░░░░░░░
░░░██░░░
░░░██░░░
░░░██░░░
░░░░░░░░
𝚊 𝚜𝚒𝚖𝚙𝚕𝚎 𝚌𝚑𝚊𝚗𝚐𝚎 𝚘𝚏 ──
link link link link link link link
link link link link link link link
credit for pix. / credit for font
credit for code / credit for art

─── statuses ───
xdiscord: pudgator.
xdms: open/closed
xplaying:xxxxGW2
xtoyhouse:xxPudgator
xlink here:xxxword
xcode by:xxxfaelyn

─────────── 𝚊𝚗𝚍 𝚢𝚘𝚞'𝚛𝚎 𝚋𝚊𝚌𝚔 !

Thani

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby unohdettu.lupaus » Sat Oct 07, 2023 5:32 am

shattered eclipse
Last Explore Post | Last Response Received

As the leaf-fall came the clan became more active in trying to help the gatherers to find herbs and helping soldiers and scouts to find the best hunting places in territory.

It was today that Faris, Amani and Sun lion were planning to go and hunt some prey for the clan.

As the trio prepared to leave the camp, sun lion couldn't help but think that maybe he would meet his boyfriend Miel while he was hunting.

”I'm gonna go and check the ruins for any prey” Sun lion informed the others as they walked through the forest full of orange,red and yellow trees

”alright, should we go and look for prey down by the river?” Amani asked Faris with a small smile
”yeah sure we can go there! i wanna check if there's still fish there” faris answered with a nod

Faris and Amani walked with Sun lion to the ruins before splitting off and going to the river

”soo did you notice the outsiders smell that was around the ruins?” Amani asked as she walked with Faris

”Oh.. yeah i did, i hope the outsider doesn't give any trouble to Sun lion” he answered as he looked at Amani

Amani gave a small chuckle before speaking ” I don't think Sun lion will have any trouble with an outsider, Hes stronger than me besides he has all his fluff protecting him” Amani smiled

Faris couldn't help but to chuckle at Amani's answer ” heh.. i guess you're right he is quite fluffy”

they were nearly at the river when they heard pawsteps coming towards them, as they turned around they noticed sun lion running towards them with a huge smile on his face

”You two can't guess what i found!” he chuckkled

which caused faris and amani to tilt their heads in confusion
” well what did you find?” amani asked

” I found something that two legs have left behind, it's some sort of food I think?” sun lion replied ” i can show you two where it is, its not far from here”

Faris and Amani glanced at eachother before nodding ”alright now i want to know what you found!” Faris spoke excited

”okay follow me!” sun lion said as he turned around and started leading the way to his strange find

as the trio walked through the autumn forest a gentle breeze moved their furs , but it did bring a scent with it, it was an scent Sun lion immediately recognised as Miel’s

but Faris and Amani didn't recognise this scent of an outsider

” do you both smell that? its an outsider scent.. we need to be careful” Faris said as he looked around

<right… careful.. i forgot they dont know about miel yet> Sun lion thought as he sighed
”im sure whoever the scent belongs to isnt any danger to us.. as if it did belong to someone who didnt want anything good they would be making more of an effort to hide their scent” Sun lion explained

”Yeah, hes right Faris” Amani nodded ”there's nothing to worry about”

faris sighed ”alright.. if you say so” but he couldnt help but still be on alert

[1 code word]

[ 535 words ]

-- cats on patrol

Sun lion | He/Him | HP 100% | HUP 10% | Sick: N

Faris | He/Him| HP 100% | HUP 0% | Sick: N

Amani | She/Her | HP 100% | HUP 0% | Sick: N

no

-- level 5
experience: 354/650

-- active quests:
quest #1 (linked)
-- opted in to death?
yes/no
-- inventory
scraps | 1 FP | x6
Bugs| 1 FP | x3
Mouse | 2 FP | x7
Small fish | 2 FP | x2
Squirrel | 3 FP | x5
Rabbit | 3 FP | x5
Rabbit | 4 FP | x1
Hare | 3 FP | x1
Eagle | 5 FP | x2
Owl| 4 FP | x1
Bird| 4 FP | x1

Ragwort | x1
Mallow leaves | x2
Chickweed| x1
Blackberry leaves| x1
Honey| x2
Chamomile| x1
Catchweed| x2
Daisy leaf| x1
Wild garlic| x2
Holly berries | x1
Borage leaves| x1
Lungwort | x2
Dandelion | x2
Cobwebs | x1
Alder bark | x1
Sweet sedge | x2
elder leaves| x2
watermint| x1
Rush | x1
Burnet | x1
Catmint| x1
Coltsfoot| x3

- Coyote / Unohdettu -
- He/They -
- Discord: thistlecoyote -
- Toyhouse -
- Oekaki artshop
- Instagram -

A certain darkness
is needed
to see the stars
·:*¨༺ ★ ༻¨*:·.

ImageImage

unohdettu.lupaus

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

[0323.] viv's explore replies

Postby Vivika » Sun Oct 08, 2023 7:34 am

SOFTCLAN !!
    xcrexmii archive last post

the bloom and blush of spring florals always brought the crinkling laughter of fallen leaves. a cycle of gentle flows and receding ebbs, life and death and rebirth, a time for new genesis and a time for fallouts and catalycsms. their chuckle purred in the depths of their chest, deep and rich. perhaps it was something the wildifire healer still had to learn, but there was time. lots of time.

for now… they parted the rubble of shrivelled leaves and weathered root, pushing past the layered press of decay. for the late-bloomers, traces of fauna seeking shelter from the changing seasons. (+1 comfrey root, +1 chamomile, +1 broom, +1 hawkweed)

“hey, youngster. look what i found━”

a crackling snap of a branch whipped through the thin air.

with a grunt, they shuffled to a crouch under a withered stump, the mangled branch swinging over their head. the faint hint of rust tainted the ends of the claw-like branch. somewhere in the soft underbrush of auburn and gold, a little form gently patted the wildfire healer on the head, mussing her curls. brushes of dwindling daylight highlighted the angles of her face, marred with scarlet scratches. (-5% health [face wound] for sundrop </3 she may continue patrolling without herbs or rest!)

“everything okay?” their steps quickened towards the pair, brows knitted. “looks like quite the fall.”

“fine.” a scowl twisted her features, the tension in her jaw as taut as a sailor’s knot. yet, her gaze softened as her grasp loosened around something in the curve of her paw. crisp and juicy, gently emanating a soft gold sheen and a sweet, lilting fragrance. “i’d say this golden apple was worth the risk.” (+1 star’s blessing━guarantee 3+ kits in a nursery litter! <3)

“... how about you?” beside them, a smaller form batted the tip of their chin. “you seem to be doing better. got here pretty quick.” (blaze is no longer sick! <3)

“good, because we may have to move quickly. this apple wasn’t the only thing i picked up.” (predator scented!)

sundrop has scented a badger (predator)! does the patrol hurry on their journey in hopes of avoiding it or confront the danger?
    ─────────────────────────────────────

⊰ patrol status updates ⊱
      • all patrollers gained +10% hunger
      • sundrop is now at 85% health
      • blaze is not sick!

⊰ xp earnings (death opt in/out) …………………………
      • +40xp for writing, +10xp for patrol sent
      • +4xp for herbs, +1xp for item, +10xp for healing
      • +15xp for three inktober codewords
      ⊰ findings ⊱
      • +1 comfrey root, +1 broom
      • +1 chamomile, +1 hawkweed
      • +1 star's blessing

⊰ level totals ⊱
      • +80xp → level 2 (207/300xp)

……………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………
      notes; i love the energy your characters bring ahh!! /pos <333 lil note, but make sure to add the hunger you gained in your last reply!
      sundrop + glowpaw should be at 30% hunger and blaze at 20% hunger in your next post c:

lil explanation if you're interested; when you fed sundrop here, her hunger dropped to 10% hunger! she gained 10% hunger in your last reply
      + another 10% in my reply = 30% hunger ^^ if it helps, feel free to remove your kitties’ hunger in the same post (ex. here) you fed them; it
      may make things a lil easier to keep track of!
    ───────────────────────────────────────────────
Last edited by Vivika on Mon Oct 09, 2023 12:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Vivika

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

(★★ explore response)

Postby ethium » Mon Oct 09, 2023 12:13 pm

xxxxxx Starclan was with tideclan, and the bounty of the night reflected that. Sandstar took a gasping breath as she surfaced alongside Minnowgazer. Together, they pulled a small shark from the water, their laughter filling the night. Salt clouded her senses as they pulled the creature onto the sands, but that was quickly overtaken by gratitude. [+5 fp (small shark)]

She sighed triumphantly, looking over at Minnowgazer who had a similar expression. The water continued to push the shark further inland and with it debris from the ocean. The cats continued to pull the prey in silence, the glowing tide lapping at their paws and the laughter of joyous clanmates filling their ears. Minnowgazer’s blue eyes caught on some debris that was being pulled alongside the great fish, he examined it lightly before deciding to pull it out of the water. Perhaps it would come in handy later. [+1 willow bark, +1 fennel]

Further down the beach, Mothflutter circled once and then twice. Her fur was damp, but it had been some time since she had been in the waves. She lifted her head, checking the scent again, dread pooling in her stomach. She turned quickly, stumbling headfirst in her haste to return to the beach. She shook her head as she rose, ignoring her pounding temples in favor of reaching Sandstar. [-5% health for Mothflutter, no herbs or rest needed!]

“Sandstar!” A soft but serious voice brought Minnowgazer and Sandstar’s conversation to a halt. She turned as Mothflutter bounded up to them, sand spraying in her wake. “I’ve scented something-” Both cats stilled, exchanging a glance before returning it to Mothflutter. “What have you found?”

“I went further down the beach to hunt but stopped when I scented something peculiar. I think an owl may have had a similar idea. What should we do?”

[ mothflutter has scented an owl (predator) further down the beach, does the patrol ignore it or pursue the potential danger? ]

█████
      █████
      █████
      █████
      █████
      █████
      █████
      █████
      █████
      █████
      █████
      █████
      █████
      █████
      additional notes
      ─> i love your writing style <33

xp totals (death opted in/out)
      ─> 10 xp for patrol sent
      ─> 60 xp for words written
      ─> 05 xp for prey found
      ─> 02 xp for herbs found

patrol totals
      ─> +10% hup for each cat on patrol
      ─> -5% health for mothflutter (no herbs or rest needed)
      ─> a predator has been scented. do you pursue or flee?

prey/herb totals
      ─> +1 willowbark, +1 fennel
      ─> +5 fp (small shark)

leveling totals
      ─> 77 xp ─> level 2 (183/300)
ethium

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

[0324.] viv's explore replies

Postby Vivika » Mon Oct 09, 2023 4:27 pm

SNOWCLAN !!
    xecho into void archive last post

like a wild horse unbridled and unbound, the beast broke from the woods, thick mane of sickly gold and muddied curls suspended in a freeze frame. slowly falling. perspiration like daydew upon the tremble of its whiskers. long, withered limbs crossing forbidden borders, claws etching new scars and wrinkles into the earth.

her shoulders tensed, stance widening as the wild beast surged forward, dust churning behind it. the stench of rot and rust thickened. nearing. but in the light of those wide pale eyes, she hesitated.

something about the skip and dart, the harsh lines at the corner of its eyes; the forceful heave of its chest and the wild reckless abandon of its run. a mournful howl pierced the daylight, a sword through the belly of the rising sun, bathing the sky in a sea of scarlet.

fear. thick and suffocating.

at the last moment, she extended an olive branch. a peace offering as she turned aside and let the creature past in a whirlwind of color, scent and sound. (+1fp scraps, +1 catmint, +1 rare edit; predator has left territory!)

and perhaps, the wild creature was not the real enemy. maybe it never was. for another–twin firelight souls–crested the hills, faces washed with the scarlet dawn and smiles like an twisted moon. (trespassing rogues spotted!)

two rogues have crossed snowclan's border! does the patrol confront them about this or leave them be in hopes they'll leave?
    ─────────────────────────────────────

⊰ patrol status updates ⊱
      • all patrollers gained +10% hunger
      • ashfluff is now at 30% hunger (fed!)

⊰ xp earnings (death opt in/out) …………………………
      • +50xp for writing, +20xp for patrol sent
      • +2xp for prey, +2xp for herbs, +2xp for item
      • +100xp for ten inktober codewords
      ⊰ findings ⊱
      • +1fp scraps, +1 catmint
      • +1 rare edit

⊰ level totals ⊱
      • +176xp → level 4 (379/500xp)

……………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………
      notes; n/a, i love how you used the codewords, ahh! noodles of tension + bloop of concern,, chef's kiss <3
    ───────────────────────────────────────────────
Vivika

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

♕ ⊱── 01. [october explore replies] ! )

Postby faelyn » Tue Oct 10, 2023 6:01 am

x
x
x
Imagexxhollowclan !
─────────────── ✧

original level stats ✧ level 1 (063/200)
new level stats ➔ level 1 (139/200) --
----------------------------------------------
• • • • x 10% hunger for the patrol
────────────────┘
    shades of periwinkle and spring berries had flourished along streams babbling with a phantom lullaby -- evert whimsical hue countered with shocks of azure from forget-me-nots that had fallen away into limp petals. such dead things tousled by a cascade swollen with turmoil and into a little floral raft cradling a little stick and a bouquet of herbs.
    (+1 ragwort +1 stick, +1 watermint)

these findings were not ideal for the competition and cheshire’s current finding was only going to slow him down.

“hi there!” blooming ever-so softly in a realm of freshwater and periwinkle, curls of stardust had illuminated the dappled golds of daylight. “i’m sorry to interrupt but i’m furzetuft and i’d love to offer you a proposition.”
    (furzetuft [an npc] has arrived! she would like 1fp/1 herb in exchange for something special of hers)

“hey! cheshire!” from the periwinkle dark, vermillion had stained the auburn flourish of her maw. foxtrot. “didn’t expect you to be conversing with rogues during a competition -- which i have most definitely won.”
    (+3fp [squirrel], +2fp [mouse], +5exp)
─────────────────────────────────────────────────────────
✧ 020 exp
✧ 010 exp
✧ 000 exp
✧ 000 exp
✧ 076 exp
writing exp
patrol exp
event exp
added exp
total exp
✧ 005 exp
✧ 003 exp
✧ 000 exp
yes/noo
✧ 000 left
food exp
herb exp
item exp
opt-in exp
free posts?

fp earned ✧ 5fp ───
level reward ✧ 1 → 1
• [n/a reward earned]
• [n/a reward earned]
• [n/a reward earned]
herbs earned ✧ +3
• [+ ragwort ────]
• [+ stick ──────]
• [+ watermint ── ]
• [n/a item earned]
user + clan ✧ kittyandcat
postsuser / writer-xx
items earned ✧ +0──xx
• [n/a reward earned]xx
• [n/a reward earned]xx

─────────────────────────────────────────────────────────
faelyn

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

HollowClan [explore post 5]

Postby KittyandCat » Tue Oct 10, 2023 10:14 am

previous post: [ x ] xxx previous reply: [ x ] xxx death opt-in: y/n xxx custom pred/prey: y/n
──────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────

[ 389 words | 3 codewords ]

xxxCheshire spluttered, first in annoyance for his clanmate’s cockiness and matter-of-fact tone, and second for her seeming lack of surprise over the appearance of a strange cat. He looked between the two several times, seeming to try and decide where to begin responding.
xxxFoxtrot’s smug expression seemed to draw him from his bumfuzzled state. He huffed at her, his frustrated expression seeming to silently say please act your age, before turning to the stranger. He cleared his throat. “Furzetuft, you said?” She purred and nodded, her expression bright and cheery. Her casual, unconcerned tone made him antsy. Didn’t she know she was on another clan’s territory? “What are you doing here? This is HollowClan territory.” “Oh, I’m only wandering through. I enjoy meeting new cats and exploring new lands. But don’t you worry, I’ll be gone by tomorrow.”
xxxCheshire shifted his weight, and resisted the urge to glance at Foxtrot for help, afraid she wouldn’t take the situation seriously. “So, you said-” The question was interrupted by the violent rustling of bushes followed by loud laughter. A rabbit burst into the clearing, scampering past the group and away. Behind it, Sparrowsong and Badgerberry tripped over one another, tumbling to the ground. They laughed and wheezed, their voices high and full of glee, obviously out of breathe. “You mousebrain, that rabbit was mine! Just because you were losing the competition-” when the she-cat’s eyes drifted to the calico stranger, she grew quiet. Badgerberry laughed for a moment more before he, too, noticed her and silenced himself in embarrassment.
xxxCheshire inwardly cringed. As glad as he was to see the ever-reserved Badgerberry seemingly coming out of his shell, he and Sparrowsong playing like kits and losing prey didn’t paint the best picture of the clan to Furzetuft. After the two scrambled to their feet, he sighed and asked, “So you said you’ll give us something in exchange for some prey or an herb?” She nodded, her face laced with the slightest hint of amusement, but otherwise not betraying much. Deciding he was curious, as well as wanting the she-cat out before he was subjected to further embarrassment on behalf of the clan, he nodded. “Okay. Here, have something I found just before I ran into you.” He set the leaves of watermint the breeze had brought him in front of her.

level 1
xxxx 139/200 experience xxxxx
items used
xxxx watermint [x1]
active quests
xxxx N/A
inventory
xxxx 1 FP / N/A
xxxx 2 FP / mouse [x1]
xxxx 3 FP / squirrel [x1]
xxxx 4 FP / rabbit [x2]
xxxx 5 FP / N/A
xxxx ───
xxxx wintergreen [x1]
xxxx sweet-sedge [x1]
xxxx fennel [x1]
xxxx chickweed [x1]
xxxx chamomile [x1]
xxxx ragwort [x1]
xxxx stick [x1]
xxxx watermint [x1]

patrol
Cheshire | HollowClan’s best hunter & tracker

he/him ● 72 moons ● senior warrior
HP: 100%
HUP: 10%
Sick: y/n

Badgerberry | totally not the main character

he/him ● 19 moons ● warrior

Foxtrot | official troublemaker of HollowClan

she/her ● 53 moons ● warrior

Sparrowsong | a simple mediator

she/her ● 36 moons ● warrior

credits: font | cat icons
Last edited by KittyandCat on Tue Oct 10, 2023 10:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
KittyandCat

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Explore - Galactic Skies 019

Postby canadianhowl » Tue Oct 10, 2023 12:53 pm

xxxImage
previous postprevious replyfont credit

[ 1105 words ]

Quicksilver just gazed at the younger cat with a small smile. “It’s… alright.” She glanced back at the other cats for guidance on how to deal with the kit's words and offerings. Thankfully Hollyheart stepped up. She chuckled and gently took the herb offerings from the little one.

“Haha you’re alright kiddo! No harsh feelings at all. Just try not to rush to conclusions in the future alright? You could hurt someone and that isn’t good.” She purred and gave the kitten a head pat. The kitten returned the affection with a little nose bloop! They also seemed fascinated by how fluffy this cat was but before they could pounce to play, a call rang out. Soon the kitten waved farewell and fled. “Ah kittens. Gotta love how mischievous they are. You did well, Quicksilver. Handled the situation well enough!” She praised the bicolored cat and nuzzled her. She went ahead out of kindness to clean up the wound the other got and soon the group brushed off the encounter and moved on. Thank god no cats here had beef with kittens.

Markers pointed out that they were close. The terrain grew more rocky and the faint sounds of rushing water echoed in the background. It was cooler and the smell changed too. This was it. This is what they have been waiting for the entire time. Each cat had their own reason to be gleeful about the end of the first half of the journey but they couldn’t let it stray them from the goal Ramstar had sent them out here to do. “Almost there already! I’m so excited to finally see the others! I’ve missed them already! Wow we move pretty fast! I mean it felt like we just split off!” Piketail commented with a hop in his steps. “What about you, Quicksilver? Aren’t you excited?! We get to see our clanmates again and share stories and eat together and-“

“Hold it Pike. It’s not just about a reunion, it’s also about the task we were sent by. Issues with the water. We have to figure out what’s going on.” Quicksilver reminded the excited tom with a huff.

“Right! Sorry… got too excited I suppose.” He sighed and fell silent. Though that didn’t last long as he perked up again. The trek up the rest of the mountain was tiring. The boulders were slightly slippery and they also didn’t provide the most comfortable places to step but this was it. They couldn’t care less about how much their paws hurt. They were almost done with the first half of the journey. Piketail’s ears scanned the surrounding sound and there, finally. Upon climbing the final boulder, Piketail was the first to gaze over and down into a small dip where the rest of the group was relaxing. They were chatting and sharing a meal. “Hey! Hey guys we’re here! We’re here now!” He exclaimed and excitedly raced down the small hill with excited pawsteps. The new voice caught the attention of the other cats and soon their excitement was raised as they saw the rest also follow Piketail. It was a reunion for sure.

The cats intermingled and chatted. Firestrike and Sharksnarl were all about trying to one up who had the best journey. Vixencloud was chatting with Quicksilver and Dewlily while Piketail was trying to listen in. Though he got sidetracked with talking to Bullheart and Durianblaze. Eaglesnap soon raced in to join the conversation. Though the sounds died out for Hollyheart as she rushed and tackled Dragonfruit who flinched not expecting the excited greeting from his mate. The two nuzzled each other on the ground and laughed. “Hello love.” Dragonfruit purred as he nuzzled the she-cat even more. “Be careful alright look you gave me a fright tackling me!”

“I know, but I’m so happy to see you again. I missed you.”

“Well it’s only been a few days!”

“A few days without you feels like forever.”

The two eventually got back up and decided to sit down and talk about the rest of the journey. “I mean it was okay. A lot tamer on this side than yours, no offense. I think it was mostly Sharksnarl who was trying to get everyone killed. He had the idea on swimming up the river until we had to remind him the river well… wasn’t really flowing anymore. Thankfully we had Vixencloud who told us where we were supposed to go through her visions in her dreams. The source is nearby. I think we can probably get to it in a couple hours but it’s too late to do it today.” Dragonfruit explained.

“Right… alright then. Let’s tell the others.” Hollyheart mumbled. “Cats! Remember the purpose of this journey. The medicine cats have had visions of issues with a water source! We are here for that. Vixencloud is there anything you have to say?”

“The source is nearby. It should take a few hours to get there but it’s a bit too late in the day to go there and head back.” She explained.

“That’s alright. We’ll move tomorrow in smaller groups! For now we can hunt and rest here. Prey is scarce up here so we will try and see what we are able to find for our sunset and sunrise meal. We should all go hunting to go grab meals and meet back here when we all have caught something for ourselves. Stick to your group and we can protect each other from any attacks from wild predators.” Hollyheart called out to the other cats who agreed. She gave Dragonfruit a kiss on the nose before the two parted their ways just for the moment. Hollyheart reunited with her group of cats and the five set out

———

Least it wouldn’t be an extensive hunting trip. Mice and voles were common so catching two for each cat would be good enough for a sunset and sunrise munch. “Smell the air and don’t get caught up in the other new scents. Least you’ll be able to detect a familiar scent in the mix of new scents.” Quicksilver mumbled. The group sniffed and sniffed until Firestrike purred and began to move. He caught something. His nose led him to a burrow which was worrying.

“It’s a faint scent. I mean that could mean anything but… there could be holes where rodents are?” He suggested.

“Perhaps… alright. I’ll go take a look at what’s going on. You four stay out there and I’ll call you if I need help or found something.” Hollyheart fluffed up her fur real fast before she crawled inside of the burrow.

★ - NOTES - ★
Id like for my 70 exp to be added please!
6 codewords used

★ level 6
experience: 170/800
★ items in inventory used
n/a
★ active quests:
quest 1
★ opted in to death?
yes/no
★ custom predators / prey
link here
★ prey
mice | 1 FP | x4
squirrel | 1 FP | x0
rat | 1 FP | x0
lizard | 1 FP | x4
hare | 2 FP | x3
finch | 2 FP | x9
minnow | 2 FP | x2
crow | 3 FP | x8
bass| 4 FP | x3
deer | 5 FP | x3
ram | 5 FP | x0

★ herbs
Bindweed | x1
Borrage | x1
Bright Eye | x1
Burdock Root | x1
Catchweed | x2
Chamomile | x1
Chervil | x1
Chickweed | x2
Cobwebs | x2
★ herbs cont.
Daisyleaf | x2
Deathberries | x1
Dock | x2
Elder Leaves | x2
Fennel | x1
Feverfew | x1
Foxglove Seeds | x1
Goldenrod | x2
Holly Berries | x1
Honey | x2
Horsetail | x1
Juniper Berries | x1
Lavender | x2
Lungwort | x2
Mint | x1
Poppy Seeds | x3
Sweet-Sedge | x1
Tormentil | x1
Watermint | x1
Wild Garlic | x1
Willow Leaves | x1
Yarrow | x1
★ - PATROL - ★

he/him
hp | 100
hup | 30
sick | N

she/her
hp | 90
hup | 30
sick | N

she/her
hp | 95
hup | 30
sick | N

he/him
hp | 100
hup | 30
sick | N

he/they
hp | 100
hup | 30
sick | N
Name

xx/xx
hp | --
hup | --
sick | --
Last edited by canadianhowl on Tue Dec 12, 2023 7:17 am, edited 1 time in total.
              ╔═══════════════╗

{ he/they - adult }
              Hi! My name is Zander!
              I've been drawing for years
              I mostly draw cats!
              Be nice to crabs!
              { stars - TH }

╚═══════════════╝
canadianhowl

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby GhostxX » Wed Oct 11, 2023 12:11 pm

NightClan
[url=link]First time posting in explore[/url] | [url=link]None! (First time posting in explore)[/url]

DriftFeather was wandering around the forest, she had been doing this since Sunrise, when NightStar, her leader, said some incredibly dumb things. It all started when Driftfeather's very Gleeful leader Skipped up to DriftFeather, and started rambling about her dream. Apparently the Leader used to be a kitty pet, and was now talking about something called Noodles and how you would never eat them with Mustard and then started rambling about how to hunt and how Driftfeather need to keep Driftfeather's tail straight and that it was a common bloop DriftFeather makes. So now, as Driftfeather was walking silently through the pine forest, her Pawsteps making no noise and accidentally scaring the squirrels that were munching on some nuts, She thought about the beef she had with the leader now, still bumfuzzled.
[ #132 words
#10 Event words]

-- cats on patrol
Driftfeather | she/Her | HP 100% | HUP 0% | Sick: No

if you've filled out the form here previously, please
link to your form here!
-- level 0
experience: 0
Any items used/eaten this post
ex. food, herbs, etc. Nope!
-- active quests:
None!
-- opted in to death?
no
if yes, link to opt-in form
-- inventory
prey | 1 FP | x0
prey | 2 FP | x0
prey | 2 FP | x0
prey | 3 FP | x0
prey | 3 FP | x0
prey | 4 FP | x0

herb | x0
herb | x0
herb | x0
Last edited by GhostxX on Wed Oct 11, 2023 10:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
GhostxX

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me