Artist ethium [gallery]
Time spent 2 hours, 54 minutes
Drawing sessions 5
24 people like this Log in to vote for this drawing

Versions of this drawing that people have created recently

by ethium

stars staff litter 4 - #008 closed

Postby ethium » Wed Nov 29, 2023 10:56 am

how did this cat meet their owl companion?
feel free to write & or draw your response to this prompt!

Ends December 23rd at 11:59 pm MST

Code: Select all
[b]Username:[/b]
[b]Cat Name:[/b]
[b]Gender:[/b]
[b]Rank:[/b]
[b]Clan:[/b] (Please link)
[b]Age:[/b] (1 year or above)
[b]Prompt:[/b]
x
Name: eolwyn
Clan: the barrens
Description: cinnamon classic torbie with white
Edits: (nr) companion, expression,
(c) whiskers, eye shape, sclera color, ear tufts
(uc) long tail, med fur edits
Owner: feverrr
Last edited by ethium on Fri Jan 26, 2024 2:02 pm, edited 3 times in total.
ethium

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: stars staff litter 4 - #008 open

Postby feverrr » Wed Nov 29, 2023 11:00 am

username: feverrr
cat name: eolwyn
clan: the barrens
prompt:

eolwyn grew up on a small farm, surrounded by dust and cattle, and part of a rather large litter. despite this, the molly never grew particularly close with any of her siblings. she always longed for the companionship she lacked, but it wasn't as if she had another option; the barn in which she lived was neighboured only by the farmer's home and a dense, dry forest; not exactly an environment conducive to socializing. leaving wasn't a particularly promising option either, as eolwyn was by no means a proficient mouser. she'd much rather wait for the farmer to leave a mound of dry food at the barn's doors each day than attempt to catch her own dinner. it was doubtful that she'd last more than a few days in an environment that didn't afford her this luxury.

one evening, eolwyn strolled lazily back to the barn as the sun began to wane beyond the horizon. as she made her way from the structure's floor to its rafters where she slept, the same routine she practiced every day, she noticed something... different. upon closer inspection, she realized that it was a nest, flimsily woven from the straw that littered the loft where she slept. inside of it lay a single white egg that seemed to nearly glow amongst the backdrop of the barn's dull browns and yellows. eolwyn found herself transfixed by the small object. she couldn't help but feel enamoured by feelings of wonder as she realized that inside of the small egg was a soon-to-be living, breathing... thing.

it was after this realization that eolwyn recognized she had no clue what kind of egg it was. it certainly wasn't a chicken, nor was it any of the tiny twittering birds that frequented the farm. she certainly hoped it wasn't one of the hawks that would occasionally circle overhead. mesmerized, she told herself she would watch from a bit of a distance the next day to see what type of mother bird came back for her egg. Upon waking in the early hours of the next morning, eolwyn saw that there was still no bird returning to the loft. the same remained true for the rest of day, and then for the following weeks.

despite her continued waiting, eolwyn never spotted a single bird in or near the barn that she thought could've been the egg's mother. the idea of the young creature growing up without anyone to guide it crushed her, and after some deliberation, she decided that it would have to be her responsibility. she diligently discouraged her siblings from bothering the egg, and began collecting chicken feed by the mouthful from a bag she'd chewed her way into. she felt rather proud of herself, excitedly waiting for her new friend to hatch. she often caught herself fantasizing how lovely her new life would be, with a companion by her side.

the morning eolwyn noticed the egg was finally beginning to splinter open, she remained dutifully by its side. and when the tiny bird finally did free itself from its egg, she was... a bit mortified. she'd never even heard of a bird that resembled this one. it wasn't all that large, but it had an intimidatingly sharp beak.

"like... an eats-meat-and-probably-cats kind of beak" eolwyn muttered to herself quietly.
she swallowed her fear, as well as she could, and pushed a bit of the stolen chicken feed towards the small thing. unsurprisingly, it seemed uninterested. eolwyn gulped, and knew she would need to try and catch a mouse to offer the creature. she wasn't excited by this prospect, but couldn't bring herself to abandon the tiny being she'd protected for so many weeks. and so she went on to spend the whole day following her siblings on a search for mice, trying her best to be unbothered by their curious glances at her newfound interest. across the whole day, eolwyn managed to catch a single rather scrawny mouse.

upon returning to her new... hopefully friend, the molly offered it a piece of the mouse. she shrunk back for a moment as it let out a piercing yell, before gulping down the offering. she wasn't exactly thrilled by the sight, but eolwyn still couldn't help but feel overjoyed that the small animal seemed so content with the food that she'd provided it. as she lay down beside the nest made of straw, the little bird nuzzled itself into her thick fur, expressing its gratitude through a series of quiet whistles and coos. this wasn't exactly the companion she'd expected, but eolwyn felt a swell of warmth in her heart as the two drifted off to sleep.

─── ⋆⋅ ✦ ⋅⋆ ───

the pair went on to become the closest of friends, and eolwyn eventually came to understand that her not-so-tiny companion was an owl, affectionately referred to as twig. once twig grew old enough to fly, they decided to leave the farm in favour of exploring the surrounding forests together. they initially intended on spending just a few days away from their home, but found the nomadic lifestyle was incredibly fulfilling. eolwyn still isn't the best hunter, but twig is more than capable in that department, so they make it work. on the few occasions where they've encountered predators or unfriendly cats, eolwyn's avian partner has learned that a deafening screech and a dive towards them typically ends the encounter rather quickly. the unlikely pair has come to understand that they're able to take care of each other, each in their own way.
Last edited by feverrr on Sun Dec 24, 2023 5:15 am, edited 25 times in total.
feverrr

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby kyeza » Wed Nov 29, 2023 11:00 am

MARK AHH
    ky xx she/they ♡

th | stars | fr | pce

it's 3:45 (AM!)
kyeza

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby crexmii » Wed Nov 29, 2023 11:10 am

Username: crexmii
    Cat Name: olive
    Clan: the solivagante
    Prompt: wip....the owl nearly ate them as a kit heheheh
    i swear i'll work on it...someday
Last edited by crexmii on Sun Dec 03, 2023 6:13 pm, edited 2 times in total.
crexmii

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Mercuré » Wed Nov 29, 2023 1:31 pm

mark!
Mercuré

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby canadianhowl » Wed Nov 29, 2023 2:26 pm

╔═══════════════╗

{ he/they - adult }
              Hi! My name is Zander!
              I've been drawing for years
              I mostly draw cats!
              Be nice to crabs!
              { stars - TH }

╚═══════════════╝
canadianhowl

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby beeqlass » Fri Dec 01, 2023 11:05 am

mark
x
x
x

artemis / they/them ✉
fulltime visual merchandiser
sporadic replies & activities,
please be patient with me w
hen waiting on responses <3

kals / th / c
beeqlass

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Moonlight heavens » Sat Dec 02, 2023 1:04 am

Username: Moonlight Heavens
Cat Name: MelodyWing
Clan:
https://toyhou.se/_LunarLynx_/characters/folder:5061533
Prompt:

Melodywing, a skilled RhythmHunter of EtherealMelody Clan, discovered their owl companion, NightSonata, in a serendipitous encounter during a moonlit night. As Melodywing prowled through the dense forest, their senses attuned to the subtle melodies of the night, they stumbled upon an injured owlet with soft, downy feathers.

Empathy coursing through their veins, Melodywing approached the owlet cautiously. Recognizing a kindred spirit, the young owl regarded them with curious, golden eyes. Melodywing gently cradled the owlet, feeling an immediate connection to the creature. NightSonata, as they named the owl, emitted a soft hoot, a harmonious greeting that sealed their bond.

In the following weeks, Melodywing nursed NightSonata back to health, their shared love for the rhythmic wonders of the night deepening their companionship. NightSonata became Melodywing's constant companion, soaring through the moonlit skies alongside their feline friend. Together, they explored the musical tapestry of their territory, the owl's keen eyes and Melodywing's acute hearing creating a harmonious synergy that made them an inseparable duo within the ethereal realm of EtherealMelody Clan.
Last edited by Moonlight heavens on Wed Dec 06, 2023 5:31 am, edited 2 times in total.
Moonlight heavens

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby thelabradorr » Sun Dec 03, 2023 2:54 am

Username: thelabradorr
      Cat Name: mysticshade
      Clan: soughclan
      Prompt: Following the tragic loss of her eyesight in clan’s camp fire, MysticShade, Mysticpaw at the time , encountered an extraordinary ally in the form of an owl. The avian companion, possessing keen perception and instinct, crossed paths with MysticShade as she stumbled aimlessly around the forest after the blaze took her sight and separated her from the camp. Through what could only be explained as Starclan’s prophecy , MysticShade forged a unique bond with the owl, utilizing its acute senses to compensate for her visual impairment. Together, they seamlessly navigated the challenges that arose from her newfound condition, epitomizing the transformative power of collaboration in overcoming adversity.

thelabradorr

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Mimu » Sun Dec 03, 2023 3:41 am

Username: Mimu + 814628 | Cat Name: Moonmist| Gender: Male | Rank: Warrior | Clan: | Age: 36 m
Prompt:
" Hey little egg fella' "
Last edited by Mimu on Mon Dec 04, 2023 3:25 am, edited 1 time in total.
xxxxxxxxxxxxx
xxxxxxxxxxxxxImage

x
xx
Xx( ㅅ´ ˘ ` ) ── ★ ˙ ̟
Tinky | Artist | Adult
"I gave you all i had...i did"
xXXx✦ | Kals |
xxxxxArt credit !

Mimu

My pets
My items