x
      x
      x

oki, this one was meant to be a little spookier, but then
      their reds mellowed out into oranges and now they're mayhaps
      a little too soft for the cryptid they were based on haha

but regardless, to enter for them, i'd like for you to draw or
      describe their front door. what do trick-or-treaters see upon
      stepping up to ask for candy? limit of one image or 600 words!

you're welcome to an extra of max 300 words, if you would like!
      good luck!!

Code: Select all
      username + number:
      kalon name:
      prompt:
      extra (optional):

ends november 6 [11:59pm MST]
Grey_Hoodie

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Kalon #2187

Postby Exitium » Tue Oct 24, 2023 9:58 am

username + number: Exitium + 626371
kalon name: Carob
prompt: mark mark !!
extra (optional):
................exitium
.....discord: @mortemius

................Image

.............ImageImage

ImageImageImage
Exitium

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby zakuro. » Tue Oct 24, 2023 10:07 am

mark <3
sig & pfp by chimingcloud on discord
zak | she | adult | my kals
zakuro.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby LemonBunny » Tue Oct 24, 2023 10:40 am

Marking! What a gorgeous Kal :0
LemonBunny

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

๐Ÿ‚

Postby cherubim » Tue Oct 24, 2023 12:32 pm

username + number: cherubim + 724098
    kalon name: faust
    prompt: [596/600]

trick-or-treating wasn't something that you actively enjoyed, but the whisper of unknown, dilapidated houses the next suburb over was enough for you to agree to join your friends for the night.now, you had never been to this suburb, much less really heard of it โ€” all you knew was that kids from your street raved about how something never felt right about the entire place. and you, being the curious thrill-seeker that you were, wanted to know exactly what was so uncanny about the outlying district.

as the rows of houses came into view, an uneasy tenseness settled in your stomach, which was weird for you; since when were you unnerved by anything? especially considering these houses all looked the same, each with some sort of cheap decorations. if anything, you should've felt more disappointed than uneasy; there was no weird house, no unoccupied shacks, not even a graveyard nearby! and yet there was something amiss, something that had your senses screaming at you to run far, far away. but who were you to run away? it's simply not in your nature.

the house you choose is a simple one โ€” there wasn't much to it, apart from the lone tattered sheet tied to the railing that you assumed was meant to be a ghost. it was a modern build, single-storey with white walls and a large mahogany door โ€” the cottony white of a fake spiderweb haphazardly strewn across it. it was hard to tell if there was someone inside; both visible windows had large white blinds obscuring any light inside, but the porch light had turned on as soon as you stepped onto the stone path, so surely it was fine, right? right.

ignoring your inner intuition screaming at you to leave and seek shelter, you slowly made your way up to the front of the house. now that you're close, you can see the more intricate details of the door; a strip of white paint around the peephole, a silver doorknob that, upon closer inspection, had a few scratch marks imbedded into it. (you decidedly ignore the shiver of terror that travels up your spine.) the only other halloween-esque decoration present was the small sign that hung from the doorknob, the words 'come in, only for a spell' printed in white ink and crookedly placed. it wasn't the decorations that scared you, it was the lack of. lack of halloween spirit, lack of effort, lack of... a soul, perhaps?

you knock once, twice, thrice, but no movement comes from the house. you knock once more for good measure, but nary a sound is heard. that's fine, you guess - you weren't here for candy, but you have to admit you were a little disappointed. declaring this entire suburb as a bust, you begin to step away from the house, but not before another shiver runs up your spine.

suddenly, you're paralysed. suddenly, all you can see is white. suddenly, you're falling.

a whisper in your ear is the only salvation from the burning white cocooning you โ€” a masculine voice, one that has a slight accent to it. 'take a breath in' it simply says, 'breathe'. and so you do, you take a gulp of the whiteness in front of you, feeling the burn inside your lungs. you close your eyes, and the world beneath you finally stands still. you're alive - you're alive, and you're still on that weird lawn, facing that weird door. the voice rings in your ears again, almost as though it were caressing you. 'remember my name โ€” faust.'
Last edited by cherubim on Tue Nov 07, 2023 1:55 am, edited 2 times in total.
x
x
x

โ”Œโ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€ (โ˜€) โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”
โ ๐Ÿ๐ซ๐จ๐ฆ ๐ฒ๐จ๐ฎ, ๐ข ๐จ๐ง๐ฅ๐ฒ ๐ค๐ง๐จ๐ฐ ๐ฌ๐ฎ๐ง๐ฅ๐ข๐ ๐ก๐ญ โž
๐Ÿ•Š wren ๐Ÿ•Š they/she ๐Ÿ•Š sylvain's wife! ๐Ÿ•Š
lover of birds, poetry, and fire emblem
take a gander at my writing

โ””โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€ (โ˜€) โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”˜
cherubim

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Pandacat101 » Tue Oct 24, 2023 1:42 pm

username + number:
kalon name:
prompt:
extra (optional):

Marking
ImageImageImageImageImage

Pandacat101

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Cyrano » Tue Oct 24, 2023 2:37 pm

username + number: cyrano +887402
kalon name: pauper tralune

The ancient wooden door stands as a majestic sentinel, guarding the entrance to a forgotten world. Carved from a wood so old that it has darkened with time, it gives the illusion of being forged from black metal, its surface possessing an enigmatic sheen. This door is a canvas of remarkable artistry, telling a story of nature and mystery through intricate carvings.

The carvings on the door are an ode to the beauty and majesty of the natural world. Scenes from an ancient forest come to life in the minutely detailed relief, revealing animals in the midst of their existence. You can trace the winding patterns of a serpentine river as it meanders through a lush forest, with the subtle ridges on the door representing the water's gentle currents. A family of wolves prowls silently amidst the trees, their eyes alert and watchful. Above, an eagle soars with wings outstretched, while a wise owl observes from a branch. There are figures, each expressive, some with misshapen eyes staring at you all holding a lamp, some jolly, some hushing you as you approach but all moving somewhere even as they play.

At the base of the door, gnarled and ancient roots, detailed with exquisite precision, sprawl and entwine, symbolizing the enduring bond between nature and time. Enigmatic moss and lichen, lifelike down to the tiniest detail, thrive in the carvings, seemingly nourished by the very wood they embellish.

During the day, when sunlight graces the door, it reveals its hidden secrets. The black wood glistens, giving the carvings a rich contrast that makes them appear as though they're breathing with life. The sun's caress illuminates the animals and nature, rendering them in exquisite, living detail. As the peephole glows from behind serving as a sun for this living world.

Yet, as the sun fades and night descends, the door undergoes a transformation. It seems to consume the surrounding light, its surface growing darker and more mysterious. The carvings shift into an onyx serpent with watchful eyes. In the moon's silver glow, the door becomes visible, ornately framed in glistening gold. shining like a beacon in the midnight stillness, a portal to the unknown.

The knocker, a striking and uncanny feature, is the face of a beast, the embodiment of the ancient forest's guardian spirit. Its eyes are like molten gold, deeply set into a visage adorned with gnarled horns that curve outward. Its maw is agape in a fearsome roar, yet there's a hint of wisdom in its expression, as though it knows the secrets of the dwelling it guards. It only opens for its master, and it watches only for him.

The knob is the extension of a hand during the night as if seeking to make a deal but in the morning sun it shifts into a pawed handle, claws waiting someone to enter.

As the moonlight touches the knocker, the door's intricate carvings appear to come to life. Moths, the messengers of the night, flit in and out of the scenes. They emerge from the carved leaves and trees, weaving their silvery trails through the stories on the door. These moths, with their delicate, translucent wings, add an ethereal quality to the door's already enchanting presence.

This door, seems to breathe, and as you stand before it, you can almost hear the whispers of the forest and feel the gentle flutter of moth wings. It stands as a testament to the beauty of the natural world and the mysteries that lie beyond, a doorway to an ancient lair where the past and the present converge in a timeless dance.

Last edited by Cyrano on Sun Oct 29, 2023 1:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Cyrano

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby King Andre » Fri Oct 27, 2023 11:51 pm

mark
King Andre

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby mewsters » Mon Oct 30, 2023 11:53 am

username + number:
mewsters + 159751
kalon name:
Elm
prompt:
Nobody likes to go to Elmโ€™s front step, especially not children on Hallowโ€™s Eve. Elm lives in an ancient, two-story house that looks as if a small gust of wind could blow it over at any point. Its ancient form is slowly chipping away, siding crumbling from the harsh weather and sun and its windows spider-web like cracks branching along the glass. The front door is the worst of them all, the door itself has a thin, crumbling layer of dark russet colored paint hiding the thick oak underneath, with a large bronze door-knocker in the shape of an unknown animal skull. The door knob is made from the same material, but both pieces of metal are dull from wear.
Nothing but dry, brown leaves scatter across the sidewalk leading to the front door, scuttling as fast as possible as if they too did not want to be seen. Ivy clung to the one singular post keeping the porchโ€™s overhang in place, it too covered in chipping paint, this time a dull white. A porch light with an almost vase-like shape kept the door dimly lit, its bulb flickering as if it could go out at any point. No matter what time of day it was, it was on as if Elm was sitting, waiting for a new visitor, a new soul to add to his collection.
This entrance holds memories though, those long gone to history. The door has seen so many of Elmโ€™s family, friends, and complete strangers pass through it, holding the once shiny and new handle in each of these dear soulsโ€™ hands without much thought. Elm remembers each guest sometimes with fondness or anger, or any emotion in between. The entrance acted as a gateway for these souls to pass through into their fog-filled afterlives. Once someoneโ€™s foot passed through the ancient, creaky door, they would forever be encased within the belly of the house, forever wandering the halls eternally looking for the exit.
From the inside, everything down to the pristine trim along the doorframe, looked brand new. The internals were in its golden era, and the door that was once the dull russet color was now a bright, spotless white with whisp-like gold accents, which complimented the shiny new doorknob well. There was almost an ethereal glow to it, but not seen to the naked eye, just the owner of the old, rickety house.
Elm was a spirit herder, a death shepherd if you will. The unlucky ones who traveled to his front steps were there for one thing, and one thing only, to live a leisurely afterlife until they were brought out of purgatory. Elm couldnโ€™t complain, as he liked the cold company the spirits brought. He led his family, friends, and all sorts of strangers through his door knowing what fate would soon meet them. He purposefully made his abode look the way it does for a reason. Making his entryway as unappealing as possible keeps mortals steer clear of his front steps, but keeping the ethereal glow through the cracks helps lost spirits find their way.
Thereโ€™s a reason why those that know this house with its eerie steps and cold, beckoning door steer clear. Anyone that passes by the propertyโ€™s mangled once-white picket fence gets a chill down their spine and an almost beckoning feeling to go the front steps, but its easy to tear away from this feeling as for most mortals itโ€™s not their time. To anyone but Elm, the home is quiet and empty. But inside, itโ€™s bustling with ghostly noise. Elm prefers it like that.

mewst / adult / she-her / married / artist
+ toyhouse + my kals :3 +
i only really play for fun now, but may occasionally roleplay or trade pets

pixel art above by windwaken on th, pfp by me :3
mewsters

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me