kalon #2158 - winner! by cosmosfox

Based on Click to view
Artist cosmosfox [gallery]
Time spent 35 minutes
Drawing sessions 3
25 people like this Log in to vote for this drawing

kalon #2158 - winner!

Postby cosmosfox » Tue Aug 29, 2023 3:39 am

ᴡʜᴀᴛ ᴀʀᴇ ᴋᴀʟᴏɴs? wrote:Kalons-- a species with soft manes and even softer hearts.

Monitored in forests across the globe for years, these animals
have recently been declared naturally tame as well as sapient.
Scientists are asking the general population to consider adopting
Kalons for further study in their capabilities of intelligence.

Their shining tails are used for identification and showing off,
which is helpful when spotting another Kalon from afar. This
association with other Kalons is why they are head-over-heels
for any shiny or colorful item that they come across!

it's almost autumn, right? enjoy this early pumpkin-themed kal! C:

for this one, i'd love to hear their opinion on pumpkins! do they love them, hate them, or are they completely indifferent? why? there will be a word limit, but other than that you're welcome to add anything you'd like!

ends sunday 10.9., 11:59 pm EST !

Code: Select all
    [b]username[/b]:
    [b]kalon name[/b]:
    [b]their opinion on pumpkins[/b]: (max 250 words)
    (optional: unlimited extras)

good luck and have fun! c:

edits
    standard: shine, hair
    common: tail, fur, backmane
Last edited by cosmosfox on Mon Sep 11, 2023 9:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
cosmosfox

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: kalon #2158

Postby Maringue » Tue Aug 29, 2023 4:32 am

Mark!!

She/Her ♡ ENTP ♡ Pansexual

Signature Art © © | Toyhouse
ImageImageImageImage
Maringue

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby crexmii » Wed Aug 30, 2023 12:15 am

username: crexmii
kalon name: ash
their opinion on pumpkins: oh, ash absolutely loves pumpkins. with all her heart. no, she doesn’t like the taste. (or to eat them at all! just…how could someone eat those innocent things?) no, she likes carving faces on them and naming them!
think of her as a full-time pumpkin carver who is totally obsessed with the orange gourds.

from sculpting sculptures from them, to creating pumpkin families with them, she just loves her job.
and another convenient thing : she lives right next to…a pumpkin farm! so convenient, right?

during the autumn season, she will go down to the farm and check on her seedlings that she plants each year, and harvests them for more carving and sculpting.

but she will never do one thing. eat them. (or, their insides, at least.)

in fact, she wouldn’t dare to eat any dish that contained any hint or tiny dash of pumpkin inside, afraid she might “offend” her little pumpkins.

whenever she sees other kalons eating pumpkins, she will widen her eyes in pure horror and proceed to attempt to run away.

yes, now that you’ve read that, you might think she’s crazy. but no, she just is very lonely and finds it hard to make friends, so she treats..the pumpkins as friends! tada!

hmm....i wonder...is she a maniac? yes, she is. who would threaten to kill themselves over someone eating her pumpkins?

although, she has tasted pumpkin before, and it wasn’t bad…

but no. never again. restraint is a thing.

[ #247words ]
Last edited by crexmii on Thu Aug 31, 2023 3:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
the council shall decide your fate
stars! ⛅️ wind reapers! ⛅️ wind reapers archive
ImageImageImage Image
crexmii

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Rosi » Thu Aug 31, 2023 12:37 am

username: Rosi
kalon name: Wicker
their opinion on pumpkins:
"... pumpkins?
How dare you mention those devilish crops to me? Don't you know they TOOK MY WHOLE FAMILY!?"

Wicker is a very.. eccentric kalon, nowadays. She grew up on a beautiful pumpkin farm, with winding pathways and winding green vines. She lived a life every child dreams about, her parents let her roam the farm and the close by town free-range. She had many friends and many things going for her in her idyllic town. She was popular, pretty and always smelled like pumpkin spice (pumpkin farming is a pretty lucrative business, too.)

One day there was a freak accident at her families' farm. Wicker was found in a mentally broken state, her family was nowhere to be found and every single pumpkin on their field had been smashed to bits. Wicker said the pumpkins did it, no one believed her. For months a search to find her parents yeilded no results and Wicker became increasingly harder to interact with. Eventually the searches were given up and she was put into foster care. To this day she says she still feels sick looking at the glistening pumpkin shine on her tail.

(191 words)
Rosi
She/They
TH
✿Friends: ~ ~ ~
A strange new egg... Image
Rosi

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby NE0N-UMBR30N » Sat Sep 02, 2023 8:45 pm

mark
icon base by jako-ry on DA and sig art by booplet on TH

N30N - it/he/they
previous username was sylvender

nerd - kalons - UMAs
mods, victorbirdeh and i may sometimes trade
unfairly with each other :0! please don't ban us!

NE0N-UMBR30N

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Mnemosyne » Mon Sep 04, 2023 8:37 am

username: Mnemosyne & 249050
kalon name: Maribelle
their opinion on pumpkins: To be honest, Maribelle is kind of... ambivalent on pumpkins. Come autumn and especially around Halloween, she thinks that there are just too many dang pumpkins around everywhere! Pumpkin decorations! Pumpkin spice drinks! Pumpkin pies! It's enough to make even the most passionate pumpkin fanatic tired, in her opinion.

However, she's surprisingly into savory pumpkin things. Take away the sugar and cinnamon and add some more complex spices, and she's all about it. Pumpkin soup! Pumpkin gratin! Even pumpkin ravioli! She's willing to try it all. What she doesn't understand is using pumpkins as décor ("Don't they just... rot and leave a mess?") or even the practice of turning them into jack-o-lanterns ("Most people get rid of the seeds, and those are plenty tasty too!). And though Maribelle's a fan of autumn... if she smells one more "pumpkin spice" candle wafting from a window she's going to lose her mind.

[ 150 / 250 ]

┏━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━┓

league of legends trash Image

Syne | she/her | trade with me | kalons | mandy ♥ | snow ♥

icon by Aeryn

┗━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━┛
Mnemosyne

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby grass✴knight » Tue Sep 05, 2023 6:44 pm

username:
kalon name:
their opinion on pumpkins: (max 250 words)
(optional: unlimited extras)

markl

tay ✩ they/them
grass✴knight

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Griff » Wed Sep 06, 2023 4:58 pm

Image Image Image

Image username: Griff Image
Image kalon name: Hazel Image
Image their opinion on pumpkins: Image

Hazel found herself standing beside her family, pleased. Beside them was a massive contraption, that looked like... was it a slingshot? A massive flinger? Either way, one can only imagine the work it must have taken to get it to the massive field, much less build it at all! "Today is finally the day!" She said, looking to her family. "We're going to make our town proud!"

It was the annual Punkin Chunkin contest! And it was not just them, but dozens of kalons who had shown up to compete. "It is time," her mother announced. "Hazel, would you like to do the honors this year?" Hazel nodded, and went to retrieve the pumpkin. Out of all of the pumpkins they had cultivated carefully... this one seemed the luckiest, the most aerodynamic! She gave it a kiss. "Good luck with your flight little one," she said, before placing it upon its platform.

"FIRE IN THE HOLE!" She announced before letting it fly. She watched in wonder as it took off across the sky, flung by their machine as far as it could go. Pumpkins. She loved pumpkins! It brought her family together every year for this contest and with the pumpkins that didn't make it? Pumpkin pies! Yum! (208)

Image Image Image

Griff

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Ucanthandleme » Sun Sep 10, 2023 7:39 pm

username: Ucanthandleme + 809102
kalon name: Wicker
their opinion on pumpkins: (max 250 words)
Wiker absolutely loved pumpkins, pumpkin pie, carved pumpkins decorations, even pumpkin flavoured drinks, but most of all he loved pumpkin soup. He and his grandmother every fall would make a large pot of pumpkin soup. However this pumpkin soup wasn't your usual, every step and ingredient made it THE BEST pumpkin soup (well at least Wiker thought so). His grandmother would sprinkle a variety of mystery herbs, bacon bits, sour cream, a little bit of salt and the all important pumpkin. All was tossed in an old metal pot stirred by a big wooden spoon while his grandmother sung a variety of children's nursery rhymes circling back and forth around the pot. He would follow along taking over once his grandmother became too tired, stirring circle after circle, then when it became a deep orange it would be left for a few hours to stew. The end product was a magical bowl of pumpkin soup, warming, delicious and very tasty!

(160/250)

☆-------☆
Credit: Toyhouse
☆----------------☆
Storages:
My Kalons
For trade kalons
My kels
Profile avatar by m0thmonster
Sig art by stan. + Niluna + Morisakisan
Characters are owned by me.
Image ImageImageImageImageImage
☆-------------☆
Ucanthandleme

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: kalon #2158 - winner!

Postby cosmosfox » Mon Sep 11, 2023 9:53 pm

thank you everyone for your lovely entries!! they were all so much fun to read c:

and without furder ado, the winner of this kalon is Griff!! i've never heard of that event and it sounded so fun haha! congrats, enjoy your new kalon C:

i'd also like to award a hm to Rosi for your creepy story, it really put me in a halloween mood for sure!

thanks again and have a lovely week everyone C:
cosmosfox

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me