Polecat Drake #008 by Idem

Based on Click to view
Artist Idem [gallery]
Time spent 54 minutes
Drawing sessions 3
7 people like this Log in to vote for this drawing

Polecat Drake #008

Postby Idem » Fri Apr 21, 2023 6:27 pm

Polecat Drakes, which are completely unrelated to actual polecats, are a furry species of drake that have characteristics of felines, equines, canines, and drakes. Their general body shape is similar to that of polecats, hence where they got their name. They come in a wide variety of colors and body types, with heights ranging between those of Great Dane dogs (70 cm) to mid-sized ponies (152 cm). They are very social creatures, vocalizing with whinnies, growls, rumbles, and barks. Their social groups typically consist of their immediate family along with a handful of unrelated males and females. Female drakes will typically have 5 pregnancies throughout their lifetime, and can have anywhere from one to two hatchlings per pregnancy. They have an innate inclination towards having magical abilities, and spend many years reading and learning to further expand their abilities. Many drakes can learn to understand human languages, but lack the ability to speak human languages. They make great companions for many folks, and live to be anywhere from 50-70 years old.

to win this enchanting looking polecat drake, tell me about what sort of magic you think they specialize in! feel free to elaborate such as why they specialize in that specific type of magic, or what one of their favorite spells/magical things is! my favorite answer wins!
End Date: Apr. 25th

Username: 24Beaver01
Polecat Drake's Name: Gill (Rank Title: Grandmaster)
Character Storage Page: Link

Height: 146 cm
Eye Color: Dragon's Breath
Phenotype: Black Filigree Gold Dust
Genotype: EE/aa/FilFil/DstDst
Last edited by Idem on Thu Apr 27, 2023 5:36 am, edited 1 time in total.

Hey, I'm Idem! I'm just another person who enjoys collecting rocks and crystals, drawing, playing D&D, and listening to music (tøp, Porter Robinson, Hozier, half•alive). I'm always open for a PM if you'd like to talk. <3
Rocky Mountain Stables Hub My Polecat Drakes My BCs

-Do not go gentle into that good night-
-Rage, rage against the dying of the light.-
Idem

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Polecat Drake #008

Postby 24Beaver01 » Sat Apr 22, 2023 12:33 am

Username: 24Beaver01
Prompt:
Gill was born with the ability to control and create fire. When he was young he could only control small flames, like candles or lighters have. His parents were only able to control mild sized flames themselves, so they didn't expect Gill to become the great wielder he would become. As he grew so did his magic, he kept training and trying to control bigger and bigger flames, and eventually he was able to create a small flame at the tip of his paw! He was astonished, as well as his parents. He worked harder and harder every day to grow his skill. When he was 10 years old, he was finally able to create a full flame, it was not too big but it was the size of a mild campfire. He was able to control very big flames at this point! His parents were so proud of him, but he was not going to stop there. When he was 12yrs there was a forest fire, it was close to where him and his parents lived. He followed the smoke until all he could see was the burning orange, and black smoke burning his eyes. He did not think he would be able to contain a fire of this size but he had to try. Adrenaline rushing through his veins. He closes his eyes and envisioned the flames slowly dying out. The closest ones to him, then slowly leading to the farther flames. The sound of the sizzling trees and grass, getting fainter and fainter as the flames die out. He could feel the searing heat simmer down, the embers drifting in the air. As Gill slowly opened his eyes and sees that what he imagined had become his reality, he did it, he really did it. But how? He was sure he was not able to extinguish it all. Was his magic really able to do that much? He looked around for any more patches that would need to be put out and other than a few little embers the flames were all gone. He looked behind him where he could hear steps, they were his parents. They had someone call for help and came as fast as they could. They both look at the sight in front of them and were speechless. The fire was big enough to see the flames from miles away, but they are all gone in a matter of minutes? How is that possible? They asked if anyone else had helped and Gill told them what happened. The sound of sirens wailing interrupted them before they could reply, a helicopter flying overhead. Firefighters and their drake partners came bursting through the trees. They see the 3 drakes and think they were the cause of the fire, but after the drakes talked they realized they were the ones to put it out. Water drakes started spraying the embers to finally quell the fire. Wind drakes working to ventilate the forest and push the smoke away from breath level. Fire drakes surveying the surrounding area making sure there are no more sparks. The firefighters say that Gill and his parents can leave, but before Gill walks away an elder drake stops him, his parents wait for him but he tells them to go ahead. The elder says her name is Fiona, she is a Fire drake as well, she knows they did not start the fire, but was wanting to know how only 3 mild rank Fire drakes could put out a fire that large? Gill then says that he was the one who put it out, that his parents were not even here yet. Fiona of course thinks he is lying, but she can see he has no hint of it on his face. She sighed, "If you really did put this out by yourself you are not just a mild rank drake, you would have to be at least and advanced rank." Gill tilted his head confused, "There are other ranks?" Fiona was more shocked that he hadn't known the ranks rather than what his rank was! She explained the ranking system to him as they started walking to Gill's home, "There are Mild, Average, Adept, Advanced, Expert, Elite, Grandmaster, Grand Mage, Arch Mage, and God. Your parents are both Mild rank, I am Adept rank, and you are a mystery." Gill stops walking so he can fully process this new information so he won't forget. "How do you know what rank you are? Is it based off what rank your parents are?" he asked. Fiona finds a spot and sits down in the unharmed grass, "For the most part your rank is generally limited by what rank your parents have, like a potential limit. But that doesn't mean that you cannot exceed the rank of your parents. You can raise your magic potential and power by practicing it more, trying new skills, and just using it as much as you can. But you need to remember that just practicing the physical aspect of your magic is not enough, you have to strengthen your mind as well. Meditating, stretching your imagination, total focus, those are the main aspects you will need to practice. Meditation will help you be calmer, your mind and body becoming one. Your imagination is key to using your magic, like how you envisioned the flames dying out today that is exactly what you need to do, use your imagination, your magic is just that yours, you mold it however you want." As she said she made a small flame, then it became the shape of a drake, then it started running in circles, like it was chasing after itself. Gill's eyes sparked and filled with awe, he had not seen anyone do that. "And lastly your focus, you will be in dire situations and you can not crumble under pressure, you will need to be able to block out the things around you and focus on solving the problem at hand. You will need to be able to envision in stressful situations, that is where your focus is needed, and only that. Everything else happening around you will die down after you deal with the biggest problem." Fiona stood back up, "Alright, come on, let's get you home." Gill started off first leading the way. "Oh, I almost forgot! The only true way to know your rank is to go to the capital. You have to go to the Registration hall, there they will give you a chip, it will automatically tell you your current rank, and whenever your rank increases." Fiona and Gill stop as they made it to his home. His owners looking out the window at him, they smile when they see him and his friend. The two elders walk out to their porch to greet the new drake and see they are wearing a firefighter's vest, they pat Fiona on the head and then she heads back to the site. Gill's parents peer out from behind the elders and let out a happy yip, to see their son is alright. They all head inside and then go about their normal day, except all 3 drakes had to get a bath to remove the soot and smell. Gill laid in bed thinking, all he could think about was what Fiona had said. The next morning he woke up and knew what he wanted to do. He told his parents and then the elders saw him and they knew he was ready to leave, after all, they knew he would leave the nest eventually.
-time skip-
Gill eventually made it to the capital but not without making some friends. He met a girl named Sheila, and her drake Lycht. They were also headed to the capital. Gill decided to tag along with the two and they were all the happier. When the three made it to the capital, Sheila lead the drakes to the Registration Center. She got her own member ID, and got both drakes registered. Lycht was an Expert rank, and Gill was an Advanced. The three kept training to strengthen themselves and eventually the two drakes earned the title of Grandmaster! Of course their journey would not end here but for now this is the end.
Last edited by 24Beaver01 on Tue Apr 25, 2023 2:25 pm, edited 11 times in total.
Hi, you can call me Beaver. Stuff about me: Female, Ohio, I am shy and a very awkward person lol.

Currently not very active..
24Beaver01

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby green. » Sun Apr 23, 2023 9:16 am

Username:
Polecat Drake's Name: Phoibe 'bright, pure'
Character Storage Page:
Prompt: wip
"Night falls
With gravity
The earth turns
From sanity"

L - they/them - est
x | x | x
l
u
n
a
r
green.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Phoenix Rising » Sun Apr 23, 2023 12:30 pm

Username: Phoenix Rising
Polecat Drake's Name: Muharram
Character Storage Page: Toyhou.se
Height: 112 cm
Prompt: The sands of time sift through his veins. To him, they reveal their mysteries. To him, they show glimpses of what is to come and teach him through what has come before. He did not choose this life, he wanted nothing to do with magic, and when the dreams first came he dismissed them as creations of an over-active imagination. But the more his dreams came to pass, he resigned himself to the life of a Cromancist, and, despite his resentment, carries out his work to the best of his ability.
Phoenix Rising

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Idem » Thu Apr 27, 2023 5:35 am

24Beaver01 wrote:Username: 24Beaver01
Prompt:
-snip-

Congrats, I loved the story building for Gill!! I'm awarding a runner-up prize to Phoenix Rising, I loved your entry as well!
Last edited by Idem on Thu Apr 27, 2023 12:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Hey, I'm Idem! I'm just another person who enjoys collecting rocks and crystals, drawing, playing D&D, and listening to music (tøp, Porter Robinson, Hozier, half•alive). I'm always open for a PM if you'd like to talk. <3
Rocky Mountain Stables Hub My Polecat Drakes My BCs

-Do not go gentle into that good night-
-Rage, rage against the dying of the light.-
Idem

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby 24Beaver01 » Thu Apr 27, 2023 6:20 am

Upgvoutfouyv Thank you! X3
Hi, you can call me Beaver. Stuff about me: Female, Ohio, I am shy and a very awkward person lol.

Currently not very active..
24Beaver01

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me