Forum rules
Reminder: Copying another person's art without permission to reproduce their work is a form of art-theft!
Click here to see the full Art Rules!

Polecat Drakes by Idem

Based on Click to view
Artist Idem [gallery]
Time spent 5 hours, 21 minutes
Drawing sessions 5
29 people like this Log in to vote for this drawing

Versions of this drawing that people have created recently

Polecat Drakes

Postby Idem » Tue Apr 18, 2023 12:27 pm

Polecat Drakes, which are completely unrelated to actual polecats, are a furry species of drake that have characteristics of felines, equines, canines, and drakes. Their general body shape is similar to that of polecats, hence where they got their name. They come in a wide variety of colors and body types, with heights ranging between those of Great Dane dogs (70 cm) to mid-sized ponies (152 cm). They are very social creatures, vocalizing with whinnies, growls, rumbles, and barks. Their social groups typically consist of their immediate family along with a handful of unrelated males and females. Female drakes will typically have 5 pregnancies throughout their lifetime, and can have anywhere from one to two hatchlings per pregnancy. They have an innate inclination towards having magical abilities, and spend many years reading and learning to further expand their abilities. Many drakes can learn to understand human languages, but lack the ability to speak human languages. They make great companions for many folks, and live to be anywhere from 50-70 years old.

Last edited by Idem on Sat Apr 29, 2023 6:36 am, edited 9 times in total.

Hey, I'm Idem! I'm just another person who enjoys collecting rocks and crystals, drawing, playing D&D, and listening to music (tøp, Porter Robinson, Hozier, half•alive). I'm always open for a PM if you'd like to talk. <3
Rocky Mountain Stables Hub My Polecat Drakes My BCs

-Do not go gentle into that good night-
-Rage, rage against the dying of the light.-
Idem

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Polecat Drakes :: Rules

Postby Idem » Tue Apr 18, 2023 1:08 pm

- All CS rules apply, including any interactions on our discord server.

- Polecat Drakes are a closed species and only permitted artists may use these lines. You may use your drakes you have obtained elsewhere, but please link back to the species adopt page to give proper credit. Users will not be added to any drakes they have obtained.

- A storage page must be updated fully in order to request breedings and customs. This includes proper and easy to find links to individual drakes, as well as their lineages and slot usage. Sites such as weebly, toyhouse, or an on-site thread are acceptable, but deviantart storage is not. There is currently no limit to how many drakes you may own.

- Edits such as added items, small lineart edits (i.e. horns, ear edits, additional eyes, non-functional wings, prosthetics), and different manes and tails are acceptable, but all other major lineart edit types including functional wings, additional sets of legs or additional heads are not permitted. Any edits made are subject to pass in breedings as the requested breeding artist sees fit, they are not guaranteed to pass though.

- Custom drakes can be created for either c$ or USD. If using c$, the price must not exceed 500c$ unless ordering multiple customs. If using USD, all payment discussion must be taken offsite as per CS rules. All artists have their own prices for customs and are expected to abide by their individual rules.

- Custom drakes may be sold for the price they were paid for. The price cannot exceed 500c$, unless in the event artwork has been made for the drake. If discussing USD sales, they must be taken offsite as per CS rules.

- Please do not bump adopts for the purpose of updating images or completing unjudged adopts. If it has been more than 30 days since the end date or judge date, please PM me and we can get things squared away.

- When transferring the ownership of a drake, the former owner and the new owner must post on the drake's page stating the transfer has been made. The original owner must also message the archivist about the ownership change to complete the transfer process. This is to ensure that everyone is receiving their side of a trade and that it is easy to find in the case of archival transfers.

- In the event of a member receiving a site ban, all owned drakes are subject to revocation and redistribution among the community. Creating artists are given the option to adopt first, and any others will be re-adopted out via raffles on our Discord. The same applies to anyone who may be banned from the species.

- Rules are subject to addition, alteration, or removal at any given time.

- All Polecat Drakes have five breeding slots.

- All drakes must be named and have a fully up-to-date storage in order to breed. A warning will be given to users who send breedings in on multiple occasions with drakes who do not meet the requirements.

- Artists are encouraged to order breedings from other artists, but may create their own personal breedings. Rolling is preferred to be done by another staff member.

- Any edits are subject to pass in breedings as the requested breeding artist sees fit, they are not guaranteed to pass though and should not be requested to pass in forms.

- Dyed manes and/or tails, body paint, as well as added items such as blankets or props, cannot be passed on to offspring. Colored hair or body paint is created via customs or special adopts and is just hair dye/paint, therefore it is impossible to pass on to offspring.

- Rules are subject to addition, alteration, or removal at any given time.

- Artists are encouraged to try to make one adopt per month. This does not include customs or breedings.

- In order to open customs, two free adopts must be made before taking new batches of customs.

- Artists may make a personal custom once per month with up to one limited marking and unlimited rare and below markings. These do not roll over into future months, but a previous month's custom can be created up until one week into the new month.

- Please try to keep genetics correct. If you have questions, don't be afraid to ask another staff member.

- Please try to keep limited and rare markings less common. Adopts should more often be common and uncommon, with rare markings interspersed every now and then. Limited markings should be restricted to customs, events, or special release milestone numbers (50s and 100s).

Warnings: None!

Bans: None!

Adopt Form:
Code: Select all
[center][img]https://txt.1001fonts.net/img/txt/dHRmLjg4LmQwMGQ1OC5VRzlzWldOaGRDQkVjbUZyWlhNLjA/going-south-personal-use.regular.webp[/img][/center]

[size=85][center][quote]Polecat Drakes, which are completely unrelated to actual polecats, are a furry species of drake that have characteristics of felines, equines, canines, and drakes. Their general body shape is similar to that of polecats, hence where they got their name. They come in a wide variety of colors and body types, with heights ranging between those of Great Dane dogs (70 cm) to mid-sized ponies (152 cm). They are very social creatures, vocalizing with whinnies, growls, rumbles, and barks. Their social groups typically consist of their immediate family along with a handful of unrelated males and females. Female drakes will typically have 5 pregnancies throughout their lifetime, and can have anywhere from one to two hatchlings per pregnancy. They have an innate inclination towards having magical abilities, and spend many years reading and learning to further expand their abilities. Many drakes can learn to understand human languages, but lack the ability to speak human languages. They make great companions for many folks, and live to be anywhere from 50-70 years old.[/quote][/center]

info + comp
[b]End Date:[/b]

[b]Username:[/b]
[b]Polecat Drake's Name:[/b]
[b]Character Storage Page:[/b]

[b]Gender:[/b]
[b]Height:[/b]
[b]Eye Color:[/b]
[b]Phenotype:[/b]
[b]Genotype:[/b]

[code][b]Username:[/b]
[b]Polecat Drake's Name:[/b]
[b]Character Storage Page:[/b]
[b]Gender:[/b]
[b]Height:[/b]
[b]Prompt:[/b][/code]
[/size]
Last edited by Idem on Thu Apr 20, 2023 1:59 pm, edited 4 times in total.

Hey, I'm Idem! I'm just another person who enjoys collecting rocks and crystals, drawing, playing D&D, and listening to music (tøp, Porter Robinson, Hozier, half•alive). I'm always open for a PM if you'd like to talk. <3

Idem

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Polecat Drakes :: Staff

Postby Idem » Tue Apr 18, 2023 1:09 pm

Idem - Species creator, owner, and artist
24Beaver01 - Artist
Folmes - Artist
sleepyDandy - Artist
Pandapop - Artist
Last edited by Idem on Wed May 03, 2023 6:28 am, edited 3 times in total.

Idem

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Polecat Drakes :: Events

Postby Idem » Tue Apr 18, 2023 1:10 pm

Current Event
- None yet!

Past Event(s)
- None yet!
Last edited by Idem on Tue Apr 18, 2023 7:03 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Idem

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Polecat Drakes :: Store

Postby Idem » Tue Apr 18, 2023 1:10 pm

WIP <3
Last edited by Idem on Tue Apr 18, 2023 6:36 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Idem

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Polecat Drakes :: Reserved

Postby Idem » Tue Apr 18, 2023 1:11 pm

---

Idem

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Polecat Drakes

Postby Idem » Tue Apr 18, 2023 1:12 pm

Open for marking <3

Idem

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Polecat Drakes

Postby 24Beaver01 » Tue Apr 18, 2023 1:47 pm

RAHHHH
Hi, you can call me Beaver. Stuff about me: Female, Ohio, I am shy and a very awkward person lol.

Currently not very active..
24Beaver01

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Polecat Drakes

Postby BlueEyedKite » Tue Apr 18, 2023 1:56 pm

Can I ride them? Do they fly? Are they magical? I need.

╓══ 𓍊𓋼𓍊𓋼𓍊 𓆏 𓍊𓋼𓍊𓋼𓍊 ══╜

╒══════════════╕

╙══════════════╜

╙══════╕xx╒══════╜

┌ ┐
└ ┘
k ♥
i ♥ t
♥ e
┌ ┐
└ ┘

═══════