Artist spectralFeather [gallery]
Time spent 2 hours, 51 minutes
Drawing sessions 5
48 people like this Log in to vote for this drawing

Elenmorian Dragon 011

Postby spectralFeather » Thu Feb 02, 2023 9:43 am

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ ● ☽ Image Image Image Image Image ☾ ● ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

Okay, picture this: it's almost 4pm, you've just finished baking a whole tray of chocolate chip cookies (your signature chocolate chip cookies, everyone always loves them), and you're now walking to the local park to meet your friends for your weekly outdoors tea party. But there's a problem. The local dragon apparently heard of this weekly tea party where you always bring the best cookies, and they're mad they've never been invited! You know this because you spot them on your way to the park, clawing at trees and spitting flames into the sky, yelling about how angry and betrayed they feel.
They have their back turned and don't seem to have noticed you yet, what do you do?

-----

Fill in the form to win this dragon! You have a limit of up to 400 words and/or one image to explain how you would deal with this scenario. You can make a low-effort two-panel comic instead, if you don't feel like writing!
(You don't have to perfectly replicate the dragon's colors and markings, they just need to be vaguely recognizable!)

Code: Select all
Username:
Name of Dragon:
Prompt (max 1 image; 400 words; 2-panel comic):

Ends Wednesday, Feb 15 at 11:59 PM CST
⋆ Max | Italy | any pron. | ♊ ⋆
--->!! Art Corner !! <---

vv Convenient links to things I do vv

🐺SHAMKHYI - ☁ISPILU - 🐸KAARI
------------------
✎REDESIGN SHOP - ✎SPECIES SHOP
🐾Children of Dawn - ❆MISTICA
PTU DRAGON BASE - MYTH CRITTERS - GRYPH PUPS
------------------
You can also find me on Toyhouse
spectralFeather

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Elenmorian Dragon 011

Postby gardog » Thu Feb 02, 2023 5:33 pm

Marking ^^

She/They | Adult | Christian
Aries | March 27

Bisexual | INTJ | Ravenclaw
Sings And Plays Guitar

Digital Artist
Oekaki Art Shop | Offsite Art Shop

Loves Pandas | Legally Blind
Has Social Anxiety | Has Anxiety In General

Timezone EST/EDT

gardog

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby FluffyBirdie » Fri Feb 10, 2023 12:47 am

Username: FluffyBirdie
Name of Dragon: Reza
Prompt:
    You ducked behind a tree, your heart hammering like it was planning to break your ribs. Reza was furious! All over cookies? How were you supposed to know dragons eat cookies? Chocolates are dangerous for some animals!

Your surroundings are steadily becoming more and more ruined as the lion-beast trashed around, some trees now aglow with a blue-green flame. There's definitely no one at the party now. Should you just leave and return on another day, when Reza was calmer? But where else could you hold the tea party if this park was destroyed?

You can feel your back getting warmer - the tree you're behind might be burning up. Its now or never, just go just gojustgo--

"Almighty Reza!" Spinning out from behind the tree, you drop straight away to your knees and elbows, not even checking if you were speaking in the right direction. "Please accept these cookies! I deeply apologise for not realising you wanted to come - if you spare me I shall provide you cookies as frequently as you wish!"

The ground shook beneath you slightly, the shockwaves of a heavy creature moving nearby. "Hmm." Reza rumbled, walking in a slow circle around you. "As frequently as I want?"

"Yes! Absolutely!"

A pause. You can feel him looming over you - is he going to eat your proffered cookies, or you?

"Fine. I'll spare you."

"Thank you!" You were almost sobbing with joy, glad to be out of both the frying pan and the fire. You stood back up, wiping away tear, as Reza ate off the plate you left on the ground. You looked around as you calmed down, before realising...what? It was only the area around you that looked like it had been through a meteor strike - the rest of the park was fine. Did all of that green fire in close proximity made it seem like it consumed the world? And it seemed like the fire never got too close to you either. But, if you weren't in life-threatening danger--

"I expect the next batch tomorrow morning." Reza said with a toothy grin, before taking off with the sounds of what seemed like laughter. Were...were you tricked into making cookies on call for the rest of your life?

Maybe if you went back to bed this would all be a terrible dream. But you should prep another batch, just in case...

[ 396 words ]

──── ────
|| Kalons || TH ||
★★★
Selling OCs, lf art/c$!
Pixel animation shop

──── ────

click on art for credit! avatar credit
FluffyBirdie

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Baobabel » Thu Feb 16, 2023 9:53 am

Username: Baobabel
Name of Dragon: Mawu
Prompt (max 1 image; 400 words; 2-panel comic):
I walk through the park with my delicious cookies and notice a poor dragon furious at being left out from getting to experience such marvelous tastes. I look back and forth between them and the cookies before slinking away, staying out of sight and undetected. I leave them to their lonely tantrum in the trees.

I spot my friends setting out our picnic tea supplies at a beautiful spot in the park. I get excited at the thought of the approaching picnic with my pals. As I walk up, I briskly announce "Everybody up! Pack up and move out!" to the bewildered group. "We have a change in location today. A new friend is waiting for us." I half explain as I turn and start walking back the way I came. Once they get over the surprise, my friends start to grin. We all were loners at one time, and slowly, through the power of yummy cookies, have added on to our group by finding people often left alone in the park.

We follow the blue sparks and make our way back to the grumbling blue dragon. The dragon looks surprised at our approach. "What are you doing here" they half-accuse. "We wanted to know if you wouldn't mind sharing this edge of the park with us. The trees make a great spot for a picnic, and I have cookies to share" I respond. They look taken back and then a little sheepish but quickly regain their composure. "I suppose I wouldn't mind sharing if I was properly compensated... that is, if you don't mind the fire" they say. "Not a problem!" responds one of my friends as she pulls a pack of marshmallows from her bag.
Baobabel

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby spectralFeather » Sun Feb 26, 2023 2:15 am

FluffyBirdie wrote:Username: FluffyBirdie
Name of Dragon: Reza
Prompt: (snip)

I really liked the way you painted the scene, the dragon's presence felt very heavy and dangerous!
Enjoy your dragon, FluffyBirdie!
⋆ Max | Italy | any pron. | ♊ ⋆
--->!! Art Corner !! <---

vv Convenient links to things I do vv

🐺SHAMKHYI - ☁ISPILU - 🐸KAARI
------------------
✎REDESIGN SHOP - ✎SPECIES SHOP
🐾Children of Dawn - ❆MISTICA
PTU DRAGON BASE - MYTH CRITTERS - GRYPH PUPS
------------------
You can also find me on Toyhouse
spectralFeather

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby FluffyBirdie » Sun Feb 26, 2023 2:47 pm

❤️ thank you so much! The prompt was really unique, I enjoyed writing about it c:

──── ────
|| Kalons || TH ||
★★★
Selling OCs, lf art/c$!
Pixel animation shop

──── ────

click on art for credit! avatar credit
FluffyBirdie

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery