Heartcatch! #503 | Xatu x Mabosstiff by stan.

Based on Click to view
Artist stan. [gallery]
Time spent 1 hour, 47 minutes
Drawing sessions 3
19 people like this Log in to vote for this drawing

Heartcatch! #503 | Xatu x Mabosstiff

Postby stan. » Thu Jan 05, 2023 10:49 am

#503 - Xatu x Mabosstiff
To enter for this pokemon, tell me what other pokemon think of them!

No word limit nor minimum

WINNER: charrington

End Date: 12/jan, ChickenSmoothie time

Code: Select all
 [b]Username + ID:[/b]
[b]Archive:[/b]
[b]Pokemon name:[/b]
[b]Pokemon typing: [/b] dark/psychic
[b]pokemon pronouns:[/b]
[b]partner:[/b]
[b]prompt:[/b]

Last edited by stan. on Tue Feb 14, 2023 1:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.

stan [he/him]
    i speak spanish & english
    artshop
stan.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Heartcatch! #503 | Xatu x Mabosstiff

Postby Deercan » Thu Jan 05, 2023 10:50 am

MARK!!!
deer/rainer
it/he/her • ΘΔ
kitty cat dance!
michealalmond
Deercan

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Joke's On You » Thu Jan 05, 2023 10:59 am

Username + ID: Infernal Parade + 880414
Pokemon name: Nicodemus
Pokemon typing: dark/psychic
pokemon pronouns: he/him
partner: N/A
prompt:

"It is rumored by some that there is an enchanted forest somewhere within the region. It is said that this so called enchanted forest may only be revealed if the Legendary Pokmeon, Xerneas, deems you as worthy enough to see it. If you are one of the few Pokemon that are worthy, then upon discovering the forest, your heart will guide you to a small town within the forest that the residents have named Greenvale Town.

Greenvale Town is surrounded by lush more beautiful than any Pokemon could ever imagine. It is said that the very sight of Greenvale Town takes the breath away of those who see it for the first time.

Though, in the wrong hands, the enchanted forest would fall to ruin, taking down the beauties of Greenvale Town down with it. For this reason, Arceus made Xerneas its sole protector, in turn, leaving Xerneas to decide who gets to see the forest and who doesn't.

It is said by some that Xerneas can tell who has good morals and who doesn't, which means if you truly have a good heart, Xerneas may have found you worthy enough to see the enchanted forest and thus, enter Greenvale Town to live along the others that he has deemed worthy of such an honor."

Laughter emerged from the crowd. Nicodemus' attention immediately snapped toward reality, and the old Pokemon squinted at the Pokemon who laughed at his tale.

"Old kook!" a Pokemon in the crowd had yelled. More laughter erupted and slowly, one by one, the Pokemon started to disperse, leaving Nicodemus to tell his tale to a single Pokemon who stayed behind to hear the rest.

"Where can you find the forest, Nicodemus?" the lone Pokemon asked him.

"Well, I suppose if your heart guides you to Greenvale Town, your heart will guide you to the forest too, dear child." Nicodemus responded with a smile spreading across his beak. "I wish you luck child. I'm sure we'll meet again soon. Good luck finding what you're looking for." The old Pokemon said with a wink as he slowly but surely, walked off into the distance.

-

Hours later, Nicodemus returned back home to the very Greenvale Town he was telling tales of. He greeted with open arms and kind smiles, as he was every time he returned from his journeys. "How'd the scouting go Nicodemus?" a Pokemon asked.

"As always, I'm seen as a kook by non-believers. But I sense that Xerneas is sending a friend our way, very very soon my friends. He always seems to send one our away after I give talks to different towns across the region. I don't mind being called a kook by others. Especially since I have a kind heart and a wonderful town to come home to after I finish scouting. Being allowed to enter the enchanted forest is the best honor that Xerneas could have ever bestowed upon me. Thank you all." Nicodemus said with the nod of his head, afterward, deciding that he should catch up on what he missed while he was alway.

-

In short, Nicodemus lives two lives. For those who are unable to get access to the enchanted forest and Greenvale Town, he is seen as just another crazy old man. But by those back home in Greenvale town, he is seen as leader to the town that brings much wisdom. The Pokemon there have much respect for him, as he seems to have the truest of hearts out of all of them.
Last edited by Joke's On You on Thu Jan 12, 2023 10:56 am, edited 5 times in total.

Joke's On You

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby charrington » Thu Jan 05, 2023 11:01 am

Username + ID: charrington, 723251
Archive: https://toyhou.se/kafkaesque/characters/folder:3962720
Pokemon name: Harbinger
Pokemon typing: Dark/Psychic
Pokemon pronouns: She/her
Partner: N/A
Prompt:
There's a somber air that tends to surround Harbinger, owing to the many years that she's lived on her own before finding herself under the company of the Space Hoppers. It's not ill-founded; she can be quite pessimistic at times, often acting as if dire events are bound to happen to the people around her. They're not only possible, Harbinger insists, they're inevitable. While she claims that it's out of caution, owing the how dangerous some of the dimension-hopping and paradox-resolving missions can be at times, many are quick to dismiss her as paranoid and a doomsayer.

... Except when something bad does happen, and Harbinger suddenly seems less of a needless downer than she's normally portrayed as.

It's not often, but it's often enough for some Pokémon to start looking at her with a sense of pity and sympathy. Sure, it's more patronizing than genuine much of the time, but Harbinger at least appreciates the small moments when she isn't treated like a liar and can attempt to foster the respect that she believes she deserves from others.
we shall meet in the place where there is no darkness.
---
rusty // any pronouns (she/they most common) // adult // aro ace // INTJ // classic lit + biology enthusiast
charrington

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Griff » Tue Jan 10, 2023 3:46 pm

Username + ID: Griff 254592
Archive:
Pokemon name: Oracle
pokemon pronouns: She/Her
partner: N/A
prompt: Oracle is a pokemon that others have come to see as more of a mysterious legend in the area. The fact is, she only comes out of her hiding spells upon the full moon, and when she does it is usually with stories meant to teach about the distant past of the region long ago. While many dismiss her as being full of it, others wonder if she is as old as the land, or simply telling stories passed down to her. Some see her as wise and all knowing, while others see her as a complete nutcase!

Those who actually listen to her stories and try to get to know her however come to think of her as kind, shy, and a touch of a motherly figure especially to the young. But she is also considered elusive, as none have been able to get her to stay past the full moon's light.
Griff

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Rondell » Thu Jan 12, 2023 2:10 pm

Username + ID: Rondell (4680)
Archive: xXx
Pokemon name: Cocoa
pokemon pronouns: She/her/hers
partner: N/A?
prompt:
    It is said that the right eye of a Xatu sees the future while its left eye views the past. And to anyone who asks about this Cocoa will respond... "Oh no, sorry - I'm actually blind in my right eye? Terrible accident as a pup-chick, see. Mum pushed me off a cliff while teaching me to fly and I wasn't quite ready for it. hit my head on the way down! I can only see the past and present now, same as you!"

Which is a flagrant lie, but it usually gets folks to shut up.

Cocoa gets tired of people asking her about the future, you see - they always assume that she can answer any question for them, any time they ask. But it doesn't work like that. First off, it's RUDE to come up to a total stranger and demand that they tell you who you'll fall in love with. Out of the blue! Second, Cocoa's ability doesn't work like that. Her visions come in short bursts and spurts, totally unprompted and utterly unwanted. Often, she doesn't even know what they mean! Not until they actually become relevant. She tried explaining this multiple times, but no one seems to get it! Now Cocoa just wards them off with silly stories and flippant comments.

Upon seeing Cocoa, other Pokemon have been known to assume many things. That she's awfully mobile for a Xatu (her father's people often just stand around... watching...), that she's a SHINY Xatu (her Mabosstiff heritage isn't terribly pronounced), that it takes her hours to get her long feathery crest in order every morning (this, at least, is true!). But they also assume that she's wild, like they are. After all, she wanders around the wilderness - miles and miles from human habitation - and freely comes and goes in many of the Pokemon settlements dotted throughout the area. She's just another face in the crowd! Right? Well, truth be told, Cocoa DOES have a trainer... And she's very fond of them! They're a nice scientist lady who Cocoa's been with since she hatched, and she even grew up with her trainer's kids as playmates! So why is Cocoa wandering around on her own then? To put it simply, it's her job. Cocoa is a 'double agent'! Her trainer is a scientist who studies the behavioral patterns of wild Pokemon, so Cocoa is set loose, collects information, then returns after a number of days to give her report and lounge in her custom-made bed. The region's wild Pokemon are left none the wiser! At least, so far...
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Visit the Agglomeration!
(I.E. my characters...)

P.S - Happy holidays!!
Rondell

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby stan. » Tue Feb 14, 2023 1:47 pm

sorry for taking a bit to judge this-

Here's the winner! Thank you so much for participating ^^

charrington wrote:Username + ID: charrington, 723251
Archive: https://toyhou.se/kafkaesque/characters/folder:3962720
Pokemon name: Harbinger
Pokemon typing: Dark/Psychic
Pokemon pronouns: She/her
Partner: N/A
Prompt:
There's a somber air that tends to surround Harbinger, owing to the many years that she's lived on her own before finding herself under the company of the Space Hoppers. It's not ill-founded; she can be quite pessimistic at times, often acting as if dire events are bound to happen to the people around her. They're not only possible, Harbinger insists, they're inevitable. While she claims that it's out of caution, owing the how dangerous some of the dimension-hopping and paradox-resolving missions can be at times, many are quick to dismiss her as paranoid and a doomsayer.

... Except when something bad does happen, and Harbinger suddenly seems less of a needless downer than she's normally portrayed as.

It's not often, but it's often enough for some Pokémon to start looking at her with a sense of pity and sympathy. Sure, it's more patronizing than genuine much of the time, but Harbinger at least appreciates the small moments when she isn't treated like a liar and can attempt to foster the respect that she believes she deserves from others.

stan [he/him]
    i speak spanish & english
    artshop
stan.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me