Forum rules
Reminder: Copying another person's art without permission to reproduce their work is a form of art-theft!
Click here to see the full Art Rules!

Nile River Equids V.2 CLOSED by Folmes

Based on Click to view
Artist Folmes [gallery]
Time spent 22 minutes
Drawing sessions 1
14 people like this Log in to vote for this drawing

Versions of this drawing that people have created recently

Nile River Equids V.2 CLOSED

Postby Folmes » Mon Nov 21, 2022 1:27 pm

V.3 IN PROGRESS...
Last edited by solo. on Sun Apr 30, 2023 12:43 am, edited 11 times in total.
Reason: Locked per request of owner
Folmes

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Place holder for all my new stuff

Postby Folmes » Mon Nov 21, 2022 1:28 pm

Lines by EmberWolf

V.1 & V.2

Adoptions || Archives || Artist Search || Breedings || Discord || Genetics Guide || Trading Barn || Items and Bank

Nile River Equids (NREs) are a sub-breed of Mustangs who were discovered to be living in African deserts, a majority near the Nile River, where their descendants are speculated to be from Spain. The people who discovered these horses found that they were extraordinarily friendly and the human tradition of braided tails is a sign that the NRE is domesticated or belongs to someone.

- Species Info
- User and Artist Rules
- Staff and Affiliates
- Items and Bank
- FAQ

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Nile River Equids (NREs) are a sub-breed of Mustangs who were discovered to be living in African deserts, a majority near the Nile River, where their descendants are speculated to be from Spain. The people who discovered these horses found that they were extraordinarily friendly and very good judges of character and the human tradition of braiding in the tails is a telltale sign that the NRE is domesticated or at least trusts someone enough to have their hair braided.

These horses tend to thrive in warmer environments and still enjoy extreme heat and sun, but can adapt to and do well in colder or tropical environments, and often dislike the extreme cold weather, including ice and snow.

Though the braids symbolize their domestic status with humans, the ribbons are connected to their handler. The person who obtains the ribbon from the horse's tail has almost complete control over the horse, though they have loyalty to the ribbon holder, they still enjoy other human interactions and companionship.

Ownership can not be passed on by simply handing the ribbon to someone else, it must be cut from the tail each time ownership is transferred. Ribbons are cut from the horse's tail before being braided by their new owner. The will power a person can hold over a horse is supernatural to say the least. Horses will disobey their own wants and needs to do whatever their owner wishes.

It seems that only one separate piece of ribbon can be cut at one time, if a new ribbon is cut, or the current piece is halved, the previous one fades away within the hour. No one knows where these ribbons come from, as all NREs have a ribbon before the age of two years old, but they are attached to the horse’s body just like any other part of the tail and will grow to the current length of the tail. If the tail is cut short, the ribbon will match it, but the common style is to have a long braid. If cut, the ribbons will reappear overnight within the braided tail like nothing ever happened. But they do not seem to hurt the horse and act like a normal piece of hair.

It is common for a person to wear multiple ribbons around their necks, in their hair, on a belt, etc. while working with their NRE’s.

It is known for NREs to pass their ribbon shade onto their foals (i.e. mother's cobalt ribbon may manifest as a navy blue ribbon on the foal). NREs are found with ribbons of all colors which are unique to each horse. Because of the similarities of ribbons, the standard HTML color codes are used to find exact shades and differentiate between horses with similar colors.

Nile River Equids are a sub-species of mustang. On average, adults are 13.0-16.0 hands tall, but haven been known to be shorter or taller on occasion. These horses tend to be able to sustain themselves on a minimal amount of water and food for days, they can travel long distances, and have extraordinary stamina, often compared to camels.

These horses have an average lifespan of 30-40 years, and mature sexually and socially around two years of age. Foals will often stay by their mothers (or at least one parent) until the age of one, and shouldn’t be ridden until three years old to avoid medical complications.

NREs can be trained well for most types of sports, including trail riding, show jumping, barrel racing, endurance riding, etc. Due to their more slender figures, they should not be used for pulling carts, carrying more than 250lbs on average, or other heavy weight activities.

Nile River Equids are herbivores. They eat grass, grain, oats, shoots, berries, fruit, and even the occasional cactus. They don't love pellets and are picky when it comes to human created food for horses, but will eat what is available if needed. They tend to enjoy scavenging and grazing, and tend to get bored with their food being handed to them. Due to their bodies ability to go without food for a considerable amount of time, they have been remarked as stubborn eaters and should be owned by experienced handlers.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Folmes may be reached freely on CS or on Discord at Folmes(#7115)

- Nile River Equids are a closed species, meaning only official artists may create new horses or foals.

- Absolutely no harassment or bullying. This is a no tolerance space.

- NRE may not be bred outside of the official species or drawn as other species.

- You may adopt and own an unlimited amount of NREs.

- Once adopted, the NRE's design is yours. If you were to be removed or banned from CS, the NREs are still yours but may not be used in breedings or competitions.

- You may trade NREs and their breeding slots if you'd like.

- Bred and adopted NRE and their breeding slots may not be purchased as they were originally free, though they may be given away via contests, traded, or given freely. Auctions and customs may be purchased using off or on-site currency or USD. All trades, regardless of currency must be fair and consensual from both parties.

- Any sales regarding currency outside of CS currency (pets/C$/art.) must be handled on an outside website (dA, Discord, etc.)

- You may not apply on someone else's behalf, they must use their own account.

- Each NRE has 5 breeding slots, though more may be acquired.

- Original images of NRE must always have EmberWolf's signature attached at all times.

- When using offsite storage, a link back to the NRE's adoption page is required.

- Artists have 30 days from a contest end date to judge. PM Folmes if 30 days pass and an NRE is still not judged.

- NRE do have officially male/female sexes, but are able to be called whatever pronouns are desired. This is an all-inclusive species and is a safe space. All sexualities and genders are permitted. This includes that breedings may be between any two horses.

- If there is no communication/response/sign of activity from a staff member after attempts have been made for 1 month, they may be removed from the species. You may always reapply.

- All active staff are allowed 1 personal custom per month once hired. These do not roll over, and staff is permitted a 3 day grace period at the end of every month (you have until the 3rd of October to make your September custom).

- If a non-artist staff member would like their monthly custom made, they may ask an artist to make them.

- You can create your own foals in personal breedings, but another member of staff must roll the genetics.

- Use your own discretion regarding rarities of adoptables. Limited markings should be reserved for milestones (every 50), events, auctions, and customs.
- Artists may trade customs in exchange for goods or services. This is to be kept within a reasonable limit.

- Edits are totally fine to add to a horse as long as it is still distinguishable as a NRE. This means no large line changes (e.g. hippocampus tail), but things like tack, horns, wings, feathers, tails, and ears are acceptable. When in doubt, feel free to ask.

Code: Select all
[center][quote]Nile River Equids (NREs) are a sub-breed of Mustangs who were discovered to be living in African deserts, a majority near the Nile River, where their descendants are speculated to be from Spain. The people who discovered these horses found that they were extraordinarily friendly and the human tradition of braided tails is a sign that the NRE is domesticated or belongs to someone.[/quote]

Info
[b]End Date:[/b]

[b]Owner:[/b]
[b]Show Name:[/b]
[b]Barn Name:[/b] 

[b]Gender:[/b]
[b]Height:[/b]
[b]Ribbon Color:[/b]
[b]Eye Color:[/b]
[b]Phenotype:[/b]
[b]Genotype:[/b]

[code][b]Owner:[/b]
[b]Show Name:[/b]
[b]Barn Name:[/b] 
[b]Gender:[/b]
[b]Height:[/b]
[b]Ribbon & Halter Color :[/b] (use HTML numbers for best results)
[b]Prompt:[/b] [/code][/center]

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Folmes - Owner

IceFire - Ghost Artist
sapphirespirit - Artist
FireIceHeart - Ghost Artist
sleepyDandy - Ghost Artist

Image Image

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

*Gemini Fruit - Increases the chances of twins in a single breeding to 15%

Minor Voucher - Auto-pass a common-uncommon marking in a single breeding

*Major Voucher - Auto-pass a rare-limited marking in single breeding

*Golden Voucher - Auto-pass a non-genotype marking in single breeding

Labradorite - You may choose the eye color of a single breeding

Iris - Increases the chance of heterochromia in a breeding to 30%

Sewing Kit - You may change the ribbon color of a single horse

Cupcake - You may choose the gender of a foal in a single breeding

Peppermint - Adds a common-uncommon gene to a single breeding

*Spearmint - Adds a rare-limited gene to a single breeding

* items are worth more than the standard ones

+ Items can be used together
+ Only two Gemini Fruit may be used in a single breeding
+ Only one Spearmint may be used in a single breeding

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Last updated: 04:58, Apr 29th ChickenSmoothie Time

Kagome963 wrote:Peppermint x2
Minor Voucher x1
Cupcake x1
Major Voucher x1
Labradorite x2

Zentropy wrote:Iris x7
Gemini Fruit x1
Spearmint x1
Minor Voucher x2
Golden Voucher x2
Labradorite x1
Cupcake x2

Sunniedew wrote:Golden Voucher x1
Cupcake x2
Gemini Fruit x1

Chellerd wrote:Sewing Kit x1

Eusebeia wrote:Golden Voucher x1
Labradorite x1

FireIceHeart wrote:Iris x1
Minor Voucher x1
Peppermint x1

cowgirlte wrote:Sewing Kit x1
Peppermint x1

blackhoeses wrote:Labradorite x2
Minor Voucher x1
Peppermint x1
Cupcake x1

IceFire wrote:Custom x1
Gemini Fruit x1
Sewing Kit x1
Golden Voucher x1
Labradorite x1
Major Voucher x2

Julie_PiscesGirl wrote:Iris x1
Peppermint x1
Sewing Kit x3
Labradorite x1
Minor Voucher x1

Aizaka wrote:Peppermint x1
Labradorite x1

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Q: What's the difference between V.1, V.2, and V.3?
    A: V.1 and V.2 are the same lines, but V.2 was created to get new interest. V.3 includes revamped lines from EmberWolf, as well as foal lines and other new additions.

Q: Cant V.1, V.2, and V.3 Nile River Equids be bred together?
    A: Yes, that's totally fine!

Q: Can I have an NRE from V.1 or V.2 transferred to the V.3 lines?
    A: Unfortunately, not at this time. Since V.1 and V.2 horses are still valid in breedings and competitions, I feel that having transfers may get out of hand. This may change in the future though.

Q: How many breeding slots does each horse get?
    A: 5 to start, but more may be obtained through winning giveaways, contests, and competitions.

Q: Is there a limit to how many I can own?
    A: Nope! You can collect as many as you'd like.

Q: How do get a Nile River Equid?
    A: Any horse with an "UFA" (Up For Adoption) sign is free to apply for, just follow the prompt on that's horses page. Breedings, trades, customs, and auctions are all other ways to obtain them.

Q: How do I get a breeding?
    A: You must first acquire permission from other users to use their horse in a breeding. If the NRE is yours, you don't need permission. When artist's are open to accepting breedings, they will post in the "Breedings" thread and Discord. You must fill out their form and hope you're chosen!

Q: Do breeding pairs have to be between a male and female?
    A: Nope! Due to the advancements in technology, the caretakers of Nile River Equids are able to create foals with female x female and male x male pairs as well.

Q: Can I RP (roleplay) with my NRE?
    A: Yes, once you have been given ownership of an NRE, they are your character to do with what you will. I do ask that they are not made into other species of animals, humans, or fursonas.

Q: Can NREs be genderqueer or otherwise apart of the LGBTQIA+ community?
    A: Absolutely! I have no limitations as to what capacity they can be involved, if you want a trans polyamorous panromantic demisexual horse, that's totally fine! This species is a safe space and no bigoted or -phobic behavior is tolerated.
Last edited by Folmes on Sat Apr 29, 2023 5:38 pm, edited 8 times in total.
Folmes

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Staff and Affiliates

Postby Folmes » Mon Nov 21, 2022 1:28 pm

-
Last edited by Folmes on Sat Apr 29, 2023 4:58 pm, edited 9 times in total.
Folmes

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

-

Postby Folmes » Mon Nov 21, 2022 1:29 pm

-
Last edited by Folmes on Sat Apr 29, 2023 5:39 pm, edited 8 times in total.
Folmes

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Nile River Equids - V.2

Postby Kagome963 » Mon Nov 21, 2022 1:37 pm

*flails excitedly*
┌────────┘♥└────────┐
Female ♡ Adult
Nightmare ♡ Married
Proud Mother
She/Her Pronouns
└────────┐♥┌────────┘
┌─────┘♥└─────┐
Fursonas
D&D Characters
Lunar Ranch
Sales Barn
Art (C)
└─────┐♥┌─────┘

Kagome963

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Sunniedew » Mon Nov 21, 2022 2:21 pm

mark
sunnie/snakies he/it
-average rudolph enjoyer
-probably playing apex legends
please do not send me messages
or trades unless prompted <3

✧ Oekaki Art Shop

✧ Range Trotters
Sunniedew

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby sapphirespirit » Mon Nov 21, 2022 3:22 pm

Mark!
S.apphire S.pirit
My Species:
Sanctum In The Swamplands ,Sapphy's Carousel Menagerie
Silverbell Ranch Cattle Adopt, Eletoo,Aduiri
Seeking Stamps for my adoptables! Pm if interested.
I'm an artist at these adoptables:
Cottonwood Wild Horse Ranch
Siberian River Hounds
Northern Norbreds

Seeking Art for my Fursona! Please PM me if interested!

My Cottonwood Horses (huge wip)
My VOKs
My SITS Herds
My Senegal Hounds and Siberian River Hounds
My Senegal Zebras
sapphirespirit

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups