by Folmes

by Idem

by Idem

by Folmes

by Folmes

by Folmes

༄ Equiara Hippocampus ༄

Postby Folmes » Sat Oct 15, 2022 3:55 pm

Equiara Hippocampus (EH) were officially discovered in 1846 by a group of researchers off of the island of Hawai'i in the Pacific Ocean. They were named Equiara due to the Hippocampus Seahorse already steaking claim on the title. Equiara, or at least the legend of the Hippocampus are found all over the world, but usually found in warmer oceans, and never in freshwater. These horses can be kept by humans in large aquatic centers that represent their original environment.

There are three types, or factions, of Equiara: Bondlow, Showfa, Malden. Depending on the faction of a Equiara, they can have different physical appearances and personalities. Overall, they are relatively friendly to other animals, including humans, as long as they're not competing for resources. Equiara live in herd-like groups called schools, and it is common to see humans have three separate schools for each faction, as different Equiara have different living environments.

Due to the advancement of technology, any two Equiara can breed, regardless of gender or faction. An Equiara will always have gills and may also have any combination of fins and horns (horns may either be minimal or maximum, tail/back horns are independent).

adoptsbreedingsgeneticscustoms
auctionsdiscordartist searchshop
challengestransfersarchives

visual guide

lines by rebelappy and original lore by Taxidea

Equiara Hippocampus sport horse genetic and coats. Their fins and tail are usually dependent on their coat colors and they actually share no direct links to fish genetics. Their tails may take on any color or pattern, and are usually seen mimicking the patterns seen on fish.

Height: 12.0 - 16.0 hh (average of 13-15 hands)
Eyes: Any color, natural or otherwise
Fins: Regular Back Fin, Spiked Back Fin, Leg Fins, Jaw Fins, Elbow Fins, Belly Fin (fins do not have to be based off a fish, but tail does - info below)
Horns: Small (minimal), Large (maximum), Hoof Horns (1 or 2), Back and Tail horns
Tails: Short, Medium, Long (tail must be based or semi-based off a real fish)
Extras: Eyestalk

༄ Chimeras ༄
A chimeric horse is the result of two embryos (twins) fusing while in utero, and gives a horse two separate base coats. Markings will show over both coats of a chimeric horse, but dilutions will be restricted to the individual coats seen on the horse. With Equiaras, chimeric types can only be seen with breedings.

༄ Somatic Mutations ༄
A somatic mutation is a bodily mutation that can be found in horses, but it is not heritable from parent to offspring. They are thought to be caused by environmental factors or reactions to chemicals that are encountered. This mutation turns a portion of the horses coat "off" and strips a dilution from the area effected.
In horses with a dilution, such as a palomino, the mutation will change the coat to chestnut; a bay will have the coat changed to black. Black or chestnut horses with a somatic mutation will have the effected area turn white.
In Grey horses, it creates blood marks, or the commonly known bloody shoulders.

༄ Edits ༄
Large or major body edits or additions are not permitted. This includes, but is not limited to, the addition of any type of leg feathering, wings, sway-backs, roman noses, or dished faces. Small line edits, such as mane/tail edits are permitted.

Item edits, including halter or other tack, jewelry or flowers, are permitted. There is no limit for how many edits or items a horse may have.

Special adopts or community wide events may have larger edits, subject to approval by Folmes.

༄ Shovfa ༄
These exists very near the surface of the water. They can frequently be seen leaping out of the water to nip at water birds that fly too low to their territory. Due to frequent sun exposure, they often come in light colors, and can often be seen with long flowing tails.

༄ Maldeny ༄
This type lives at a depth situated between the other two, neither lowest nor near the surface. Their position in the middle of the water column makes them targets of attacks from both above and below and are often seen sporting short tails for mobility, and horns for defense. These Equiara may be found in any color.

༄ Bondlow ༄
This group resides at the deepest depths of any Equiara faction. They spend almost their entire lives in darkness, rarely venturing to depths where sunlight penetrates the water unless a Challenge is being held. The Bondlow have developed adaptations to help them survive in their harsh environment, such as glowing false eyestalks and are often darker colors.
Last edited by Folmes on Sun Nov 13, 2022 6:04 pm, edited 22 times in total.
Folmes

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

༄ Rules ༄

Postby Folmes » Sat Oct 15, 2022 4:20 pm

Folmes may be reached freely on CS or on Discord at Folmes(#7115)

all rules are subject to change
༄ Equiara is a closed-species. Only official artists on ChickenSmoothie.com may create and breed them.

༄ All CS rules apply; this means content must be appropriate for people of all ages.

༄ Rudeness, bullying, coercion, and harassment will not be tolerated and will result in an immediate ban from the species.

༄ In the event of a species or CS ban, the user will be removed from the Discord (if applicable) and their Equiara will be listed as "inactive" which will make them unavailable for use in breedings or challenges. The owner may still keep their Equiara, as they still own the character.

༄ Bred and adopted Equiara and their breeding slots may not be purchased as they were originally free, though they may be given away via contests, traded, or given freely. Equiara auctions and customs may be purchased using off or on-site currency or USD. All trades, regardless of currency must be fair and consensual from both parties.

༄ Equiara do have officially male/female sexes, but are able to be called whatever pronouns are desired. Equiara is an all-inclusive species and is a safe space. All sexualities and genders are permitted. This includes that breedings may be between any two Equiara.

༄ Equiara may not be bred outside of the official species or drawn as other species.

༄ If an Equiara is traded or sold between users, confirmation must be posted on the adoption page and on the official transfer page by the original owner.

༄ All Equiara have 5 breeding slots in their lifetime, but more might be acquired through challenges and events.

༄ Artists have 30 days from a contest end date to judge. PM Folmes if 30 days pass and a Equiara is still not judged.

༄ Artwork made of Equiara may not be sold, but charging currency to create artwork of an Equiara is permitted.

༄ The design of an Equiara belongs fully to the user once won or purchased, though credit should still be given to the design artist and rebelappy.

༄ Original images of Equiaras must always have rebelappy's signature attached at all times.

༄ When using offsite storage, a link back to the Equiara's adoption page is required.

None!

༄ Staff artists must make at least 3 Equiara adoptables every month. Quality over quantity!

༄ If a break is needed by a staff member or you'd like to leave as a staff member, please notify Folmes so guidelines and arrangements can be made. You will not be removed from the species unless requested.

༄ If there is no communication/response/sign of activity from a staff member after attempts have been made for 1 month, they may be removed from the species. You may always reapply.

༄ All active staff are allowed 1 personal custom Equiara per month once hired. These do not roll over, and staff is permitted a 3 day grace period at the end of every month (you have until the 3rd of October to make your September custom).

༄ During events, all active staff members get a custom as long as they either make one adoptable or participate somehow. If questions of validity arise, feel free to ask Folmes.​​

༄ If a non-artist staff member would like their custom made, they may ask an artist or Folmes to make them.

༄ Staff are allowed unlimited breedings per month, but can only create 2 per month for yourself. Another member of staff must roll the genetics.

༄ Use your own discretion regarding rarities of adoptables. Limited markings should be reserved for milestone contests, events, auction, and customs.

༄ Staff artists must make 3 free adoptables before accepting a new batch of customs.

༄ Artists may trade customs in exchange for goods or services. This is to be kept within a reasonable limit.

༄ Staff artist may post up to three auction Equiara per month (these can be USD, C$, or another currency).

Code: Select all
 [size=85][center][quote]Equiara Hippocampus (EH) were officially discovered in 1846 by a group of researchers off of the island of Hawai'i in the Pacific Ocean. They were named Equiara due to the Hippocampus Seahorse already steaking claim on the title. Equiara, or at least the legend of the Hippocampus are found all over the world, but usually found in warmer oceans, and never in freshwater. These horses can be kept by humans in large aquatic centers that represent their original environment.

There are three types, or factions, of Equiara: Bondlow, Showfa, Malden. Depending on the faction of a Equiara, they can have different physical appearances and personalities. Overall, they are relatively friendly to other animals, including humans, as long as they're not competing for resources. Equiara live in herd-like groups called schools, and it is common to see humans have three separate schools for each faction, as different Equiara have different living environments.

Due to the advancement of technology, any two Equiara can breed, regardless of gender or faction. An Equiara will always have gills and may also have any combination of fins and horns (horns may either be minimal or maximum, tail/back horns are independent).[/quote][/center]

info
[b]End Date:[/b]

[b]Username:[/b]
[b]Show Name:[/b]
[b]Barn Name:[/b]
[b]Faction:[/b]

[b]Gender:[/b]
[b]Height:[/b]
[b]Eye Color:[/b]
[b]Phenotype:[/b]
[b]Genotype:[/b]

[code][b]Username:[/b]
[b]Show Name:[/b]
[b]Barn Name:[/b]
[b]Faction:[/b]
[b]Gender:[/b]
[b]Height:[/b]
[b]Prompt:[/b][/code]
[/size]

Last edited by Folmes on Thu Nov 03, 2022 10:46 am, edited 11 times in total.
Folmes

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

༄ Staff and Affiliates ༄

Postby Folmes » Sat Oct 15, 2022 4:21 pm

Folmes ༄ Owner/Artist

Taxidea ༄ Moderator/Artist

ImagexxxImage
xxx Idem ༄ Artist xx 24Beaver01 ༄ Artist

paradise, ༄ Ghost Artist

None, PM Folmes!
Last edited by Folmes on Sat Oct 22, 2022 4:11 pm, edited 4 times in total.
Folmes

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

༄ Shop ༄

Postby Folmes » Sat Oct 15, 2022 4:24 pm

Image Sand Dollar Archives Image

The shop has unlimited inventory of items, which may be used in breedings and where ever applicable. You may buy items from the shop using Sand Dollars!

Sand Dollars are given out by staff in instances of appreciation or to award a user during events. Artists also may give them to users who they think deserve honorable mentions in their contests. Artists may award up to three people Sand Dollars per contest.

To redeem your Sand Dollars, please PM Folmes on CS or Discord.

When when an item is used, the artist will let Folmes know and the archive will be updated.

༄ General Inventory ༄

Pearl ༄ 2 Sand Dollars
Allows a user to choose the eye color in a single breeding.

Coral ༄ 4 Sand Dollars
Allows a user to choose the fins and horns styles in a single breeding.

Sea Sponge ༄ 5 Sand Dollars
Allows a user to add or remove one fin or horn from a single preexisting Equiara.

Eel ༄ 10 Sand Dollars
Allows a user to choose the fin color(s) in a single breeding.

Oyster ༄ 10 Sand Dollars
Boosts the chance of twins in a breeding to 15%

༄ Limited Time Offers ༄
None, check back later!
Last edited by Folmes on Thu Oct 20, 2022 5:01 am, edited 5 times in total.
Folmes

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

༄ Links ༄

Postby Folmes » Sat Oct 15, 2022 4:25 pm

Folmes

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: ༄ Equiara Hippocampus ༄

Postby Folmes » Sat Oct 15, 2022 5:42 pm

Posting is open <3
ImageImage
rose kingdom (my characters)
my toyhou.se
✦ she/they ✦ adult ✦ er vet tech ✦ type 1 diabetic ✦
✦ artist for range trotters & skullies & sveldala walkers
♥ avatar by sleepyDandy
Folmes

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby blackhoeses » Sun Oct 16, 2022 2:07 am

mark

xxxxxxxxxxxx
✼ "Beauty is, as beauty does.
That is not a name.
Yes it is Beauty. Black beauty " ✼

Hodgepodge FarmRange Trotters
Nutty Horse RanchWhite Champion's Valdiac Barns
©

xxxxxxxxxxxx
©

xxxxxxxxxxxx

blackhoeses

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Idem » Sun Oct 16, 2022 1:25 pm

Mark, so excited for these guys!!

Hey, I'm Idem! I'm just another person who enjoys collecting rocks and crystals, drawing, playing D&D, and listening to music (tøp, Porter Robinson, Hozier, half•alive). I'm always open for a PM if you'd like to talk. <3
Rocky Mountain Stables Hub My Polecat Drakes My BCs

-Do not go gentle into that good night-
-Rage, rage against the dying of the light.-
Idem

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me