Rattle Creek Roughstock Summer Event - Shop open! by lynx!

Based on Click to view
Artist lynx! [gallery]
Time spent 1 hour, 57 minutes
Drawing sessions 3
11 people like this Log in to vote for this drawing

Versions of this drawing that people have created recently

Rattle Creek Roughstock Summer Event - Shop open!

Postby lynx! » Mon Jul 25, 2022 11:22 am

main adopts | discord | artist search | event shop & bank | main archives | event archives | nursery archives | archive updates | artist hub | breed information

-

rattle creek ranch is buzzing with activity when you arrive. today, there are cars and trucks parked along the dirt lane, and people chat together in loose groups. nearby, there's a corrals filled with horses of all shades and patterns. the air is warm, but not too warm, and the mountains in the distance are lively and green. nearby, you can see a shiny, flat apple token hanging from a tree branch. someone else hurries past you, their arms laden with shiny, heart-shaped tokens.

-

WELCOME to rattle creek roughstock association’s summer trail event. spanning six days in total, each participant will have a chance to head out onto rattle creek ranch’s own trails and explore the area. each day, you will have a chance of finding two different kinds of tokens: heart tokens or apple tokens.

RCRA is providing horses for riding use and requires that you pick one of these horses to explore with. within the selection to choose from, there are horses who will be able to find either heart tokens or apple tokens. some horses will even have a better chance of finding tokens than others will. each day, you will also pick a trail/area to explore - each of these places may also offer chances to get more of a specific token. the descriptions provided for both horse and exploration areas will provide a hint of what you might find there. combining specific horses and exploration areas might just reward you with the most possible amount of tokens for the day.

at the end of the event, you will have an opportunity to spend your tokens at the shop. apple tokens will allow you to build a custom horse, and heart tokens will allow you to buy nursery items for future use.

there is also a slim chance of finding a random horse each day. you may choose to keep or trade this horse once they are made.

xxxx- you must pick a horse provided in this post, and cannot use any rattle creek horse you already own, if you own one.
xxxx- the most amount of tokens you can win in a day is 4. combining the right horse with the right area will award this maximum amount.
xxxx- those who ignore the guidelines will not be awarded daily prizes.
xxxx- you may only enter once per day. each day, entries will be rolled and the next day will open.
xxxx- you can jump in at any time! you don't have to be entering from day 1.
xxxx- just as there is a chance to win the maximum amount of tokens in a day, there is also the chance of not winning anything. don't fret!
xxxxyou'll have another day to try again. :)

-

since the RCRA is providing horses for riding use, we may as well introduce them to you! each day, you'll pick one of these horses to explore with. some of these horses may only be able to find heart tokens or apple tokens. others will have a better chance of finding their specific token. one or two can even find BOTH apple and heart tokens, and one horse has the ability to increase your chances of finding a different prize. good luck!

LETO is a palomino mare voted most likely to steal other mare’s foals. not for long! she promises! she just loves their soft little muzzles and tiny little whickers. they’re just so cute, okay?

MAX is a chestnut gelding who has done many things in his life. he’s been a pickup horse as well as a trail horse. a rodeo horse for the kids and a baby-sitter of young colts. he quite likes to be in the company of people - often described as a big pocket-pony. his calm, mellow nature makes other horses more inclined to be around him.

PERCIVAL is a level-headed dun tovero stallion and is a bit slow. a bit placid. he’s mostly food-motivated, and he only comes running for a treat or a tasty wedge of hay. good luck making him go faster than a lazy trot, otherwise. that’s not to say he won’t do anything you ask of him. he just does it… at his own pace.

KING is a cremello stallion who is a bit of a show-off. he thinks he’s quite handsome and thrives in the spotlight. so much so that sometimes he doesn’t pay attention to what he’s doing. he tends to stumble over obstacles quite a bit because of this, and well… that’s really embarrassing to do in front of all the mares, don’t you agree? he really wants to impress them.

CROCUS is a hard-headed red roan mare who is the opposite of percival - it’s almost impossible to slow her down. her slowest speed is an excited, sideways trot. she thinks cantering is fun and running flat-out is even better. it’s kind of hard to get her to focus on the trail obstacles, but at least at the end of the day you know you can get her attention with a nice, crisp carrot or a bran horse cookie.

PANDORA, a black blanket appaloosa mare who’s done it all. she’s raised foals and carried kids up and down mountains. and she loves it. she wants to say hi to the colts and the fillies and she wants to go, go, go all day down the longest, toughest trails. she’s done it all, and she wants to keep doing it.

GLACIER is a flea-bitten gray gelding. unlike pandora, glacier is a horse who has done it all… but acts like it’s because he has to. sure, he’s taught the colts manners, but he really put half the effort into it. and sure, he’ll take you the top of the mountain, but he’ll sigh and groan when you stop for a break.
Last edited by lynx! on Mon Aug 08, 2022 3:48 pm, edited 14 times in total.
lynx!

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

EVENT SHOP

Postby lynx! » Mon Jul 25, 2022 11:22 am

SHOP

the explore portion of the event it now closed. thank you for participating! you can now use your apple and heart tokens to buy two different things: a custom horse, or nursery items. you can find you total amount of tokens here, in the bank.

NURSERY ITEMS:

this shop uses heart tokens as currency. here are the things you can purchase:

- autopass very common or common gene (1 heart token)
    xxxthis item allows you to autopass one very common or common gene from the parents to the foal.

- add new very common or common gene (2 heart tokens)
    xxxthis item allows you to add a very common/common gene to the foal that is not present in the parents.

- autopass uncommon gene (2 heart tokens)
    xxxthis item allows you to autopass one uncommon gene from the parents to the foal.

- twin potion (3 heart tokens)
    xxxthis items increases your odds for twins.

- add uncommon gene (3 heart tokens)
    xxxthis item allows you to add an uncommon gene to the foal that is not present in the parents.

- autopass rare gene (4 heart tokens)
    xxxthis item allows you to autopass one rare gene from the parents to the foal.

- autopass very rare gene (5 heart tokens)
    xxxthis item allows you to autopass one very rare gene from the parents to the foal.

if you'd like to buy something from this shop, use this form:

Code: Select all
    [u]I'm using my heart tokens![/u]
    [b]Item(s):[/b]
    [b]Total cost:[/b]

CUSTOM HORSE:

this shop uses apple tokens as currency. to build your horse, you'll pick from genes below. each rarity has it's own cost, and the base coast (bay, black, chestnut) does count as a gene:

- very common or common genes (1 apple token per gene)
    xxxany of these genes: classic bay, seal brown, chestnut, black. nd1. gray. heterozygous cream. flaxen. dun. roan. sooty (normal expression). overo, heterozygous tobiano, heterozygous sabino. grease spots, birdcatcher spots. varnish roan, snowflake, blanket appaloosa.

- uncommon genes (2 apple tokens per gene)
    xxxany of these genes: wild bay. homozygous cream, pearl carrier, pseudo double dilute (Crprl). silver. champagne. sooty (extreme expression). zebra dun. splashed-white 1, homozygous sabino, homozygous tobiano, rabicano, collared splashed-white. pangare/mealy. extended blanket and leopard appaloosa.

- rare genes (3 apple tokens per gene)
    xxxany of these genes: splashed-white 4, w10, witrick white. gray inhibitor. snowcap, extended snowcap, and fewspot appaloosa. pearl.

as an example, bay + dun would count as two genes and would cost 2 apple tokens. something like a palomino dun would be three genes (chestnut + heterozygous cream + dun) and would cost 3 apple tokens. if you're purchasing from this side of the shop, fill out this form:

*mane, tail, ears, and feathering have additional no cost.

Code: Select all
    [u]I'm using my apple tokens![/u]
    [b]Mane:[/b]
    [b]Tail:[/b]
    [b]Ears:[/b]
    [b]Feathering:[/b] yes/no
    [b]Very common/common genes:[/b]
    [b]Uncommon genes:[/b] N/A if none purchased
    [b]Rare genes:[/b] N/A if none purchased
    [b]Total cost:[/b]
Last edited by lynx! on Tue Aug 09, 2022 5:43 am, edited 13 times in total.
lynx!

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Rattle Creek Roughstock Summer Event

Postby Temper » Mon Jul 25, 2022 11:30 am

Mark!

.......... Image Krasivi Collies
...........Image Krasivi Trotters
...........Image Krasivi Euphorians
...........Image Krasivi Wolfhounds
...........Image Lone Bashkir Curlies
...........Image Andaluz Sport Horses

....................Image
Temper

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Zentropy » Tue Jul 26, 2022 12:44 am

Mark!
Call me Zen! Image

ImageImageImage
Image-----

---------------------------------------------------------------------
ImageImageImage Image Image
Zentropy

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby *Willow* » Tue Jul 26, 2022 2:44 am

Mark!
Pluviophile
A person who enjoys the rain

”… the sun will shine on us again”
*Willow*

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby lynx! » Wed Jul 27, 2022 2:50 pm

the event is now open! :)
lynx!

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Rattle Creek Roughstock Summer Event - Open!

Postby NeverEndingEmbers » Wed Jul 27, 2022 3:21 pm

Day One
Which horse are you riding today?: Max
Where are you exploring today?: Orchard Trail
NeverEndingEmbers

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby paradise, » Wed Jul 27, 2022 3:25 pm

Day One
Which horse are you riding today?: Pandora
Where are you exploring today?: Pasture Trail
Imagexxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
    nicole - she/her - baby artist
    hiya! i love all things horses &
    nature ;w; i am currently an
    artist for: range trotters, ferox
    ponies, + beaumont collies ♥
    . tentatively open
    for commissions/art swaps- just shoot me a
    message here or on discord! @paradise,#0479
    apricot acres - toyhou.se - ©
paradise,

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby HowlingHooves » Wed Jul 27, 2022 4:29 pm

Day One
    Which horse are you riding today?: Glacier
    Where are you exploring today?: The Arena

we're gonna be best buds, glacier, just you wait...
HowlingHooves

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me