Forum rules
Reminder: Copying another person's art without permission to reproduce their work is a form of art-theft!
Click here to see the full Art Rules!

Rattle Creek Roughstock Association by lynx!

Based on Click to view
Artist lynx! [gallery]
Time spent 1 hour, 21 minutes
Drawing sessions 4
17 people like this Log in to vote for this drawing

Versions of this drawing that people have created recently

Rattle Creek Roughstock Association

Postby lynx! » Sat Jul 16, 2022 7:05 am

main adopts | discord | artist search | event shop & bank | main archives | event archives | nursery archives | archive updates | artist hub | breed information

-

once simply a thriving stock contractor with a long legacy, rattle creek ranch started out as a breeder of bronc horses during the early 1900's. stock breeds, as well as a select few draft breeds, went into creating the rattle creek horse. rattle creek horses are well-known for being stocky but athletic, naturally inclined to sure-footedness and good balance. they vary widely in size, but most commonly measure from 14.0 HH to 16.0 HH. some outliers exist, mostly towards the ‘taller’ end, but as of yet no equine passing through rattle creek has been measured to be over 17.3 HH or has been measured to be shorter than 13.2 HH.

due to long-standing interest as well as their fame, rattle creek no longer provides their horses for roughstock competitions. instead, the association now raises their horses for riding use. praised for their well-bred athleticism, rattle creek horses excel in other areas of rodeo, but have also been hand-picked for other disciplines outside of the rodeo circuit. after catching the interest of other stock contractors, rattle creek also occasionally facilitates the rehoming or retirement of ex-broncs or, more commonly, broncs who never took to the lifestyle to begin with.

it should be noted that many of the horses coming through the association, whether bred by rattle creek or not, tend to sway towards hard-headed and stubborn, and slow, easy training methods are highly recommended. outliers, of course, exist, but broncs have not historically been bred for easy-going temperaments. however, most owners find that once they win the trust of their horse, they have a companion who will do anything they ask.

-

staff wrote:
lynx!, owner.

ImagexxxxxxxImage
rebelappy, ghost artist.xxxxxxFawntura, artist.

species by lynx!, lines by rebelappy
Last edited by lynx! on Thu Jul 28, 2022 10:30 am, edited 16 times in total.
lynx!

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

rules & guidelines

Postby lynx! » Sat Jul 16, 2022 7:06 am

community rules are as follows,

• CS rules must be followed.
• rattle creek horses cannot be taken offsite unless for storage purposes (i.e. weebly, toyhouse, wixsite).
• rattle creek is a closed species, you may not make your own. rattle creek horses may only be bred under the official topic.
• community members should be respectful at all times and refrain from being rude, guilt-tripping, plagiarizing, or minimodding. if you see other members breaking rules, report it to the moderators or lynx.
• a barn/stable page must be created in order to breed two rattle creek horses.
• please use the archive updates thread when trading, gifting, or renaming rattle creek horses.
• each rattle creek horse has five breeding slots. more might be earned by completing prompts during events.
• by participating in the RCRA, you agree to the rules above. depending on which rules a user breaks and their past record, they may only receive a warning, or they may be banned from the species.
• rattle creek horses may be traded for each other, for art, or for slots. they may not be traded for other species.
• rules will be added or changed as seen fit.

artist rules are as follows,

• community rules & CS rules must also be followed.
• judge fairly. if you suspect you might be biased, another staff member can step in to judge.
• there is no required activity level, except that adopts should be judged within a month's time. again, if you're unable to do this, another staff member can step in to judge.
• when an adopt is judged, background should be removed and a halter added.
• rarity guide should be adhered to. very rare coats should be reserved strictly for milestone adopts & events.
• line edits should be approved by lynx before posting.
• a solid knowledge of genetics is not required, and you are more than welcome to reach out for assistance. :)
• as staff, you are allotted one very common-uncommon custom a month, and one rare-very rare custom per calendar year.
• while there is no monthly requirement to how many adopts you make, you should still make at least 2-3 adopts in a month before making your own monthly custom.
• rules will be added or changed as seen fit.

how do I adopt a horse?

adoptable horses with not have a halter and will also have a background. each artist will post requirements on how to enter for the horse. they may ask you to complete a writing prompt, create art, or find an image or song. other adopts might be a raffle or first come, first serve (often abbreviated to FCFS). the form you fill out will look something like this:

username: [your cs username]
registered name: [the registered name of your horse. these are usually a little longer than the barn name and often only used on registry papers to identify the horse.]
barn name: [the barn name of your horse. it's shorter than the registered name, and what you would usually call your horse on a day-to-day basis.]
height: [the height of your horse. try to stay with 14.0 to 16.0 HH. heights should be written in increments of .0 to .3. i.e. 14.0, 14.1, 14.2, 14.3, 15.0, and so on. heights like 14.4, 15.6, etc. do not exist.]
halter type: [you may pick between a normal halter, or a bronc halter.]
halter color: [what color/pattern you want for your halter.]
prompt: [this is where you complete the prompt the artist asked of you! as I explained earlier, this might be a writing prompt, and art prompt, or something else. after the end date, the artist will choose which one they liked best as the winner.]

if you win a horse, congratulations! it's a good idea to have a storage thread for the horses you win, either here on chicken smoothie, or another site like toyhouse or weebly. if you plan on breeding any of your horses, you must have a storage page made.
Last edited by lynx! on Sat Jul 30, 2022 9:01 am, edited 5 times in total.
lynx!

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

color & rarity guide.

Postby lynx! » Sat Jul 16, 2022 7:06 am

italic means the genes are breed-specific.

very common: classic bay, chestnut, black. nd1. gray.

common: seal brown. heterozygous cream. flaxen. dun. roan. sooty (normal expression). overo*, heterozygous tobiano, heterozygous sabino. grease spots, birdcatcher spots. varnish roan, snowflake, blanket appaloosa.

uncommon: wild bay. homozygous cream, pearl carrier, pseudo double dilute (Crprl). silver. champagne. sooty (extreme expression). zebra dun. splashed-white 1, homozygous sabino, homozygous tobiano**, rabicano, collared splashed-white. pangare/mealy. extended blanket and leopard appaloosa.

rare: splashed-white 4*, w10*, witrick white. gray inhibitor. snowcap, extended snowcap, and fewspot appaloosa. pearl.

very rare: chimera, brindling, somatic.

* overo, sw4, and w10 are all homozygous lethal. horses with these genes should not be bred to another horse with these genes (i.e. a horse with sw4 may not be bred with another horse who also has sw4).
** cattracks should only be present on homozygous tobianos.

other info:

• KIT is not followed for this breed, and patn1 is not used.
• breed-specific genes as well as genes like nd1, sw1, sw4, and w10 are explained further in breed information.
• rarity is artist-specific. for each uncommon that one artist posts, they should also post 3 very common/common horses. for each rare horse that an artist posts, they should also post 10 very common-uncommon horses.
• very rare horses are reserved for milestones (every 100 adopts) and events.
Last edited by lynx! on Sun Jul 31, 2022 2:53 am, edited 7 times in total.
lynx!

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Rattle Creek Roughstock Association

Postby lynx! » Sat Jul 16, 2022 7:07 am

last reserved post - marking is allowed :)
lynx!

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Glowingsaltshaker » Sat Jul 16, 2022 7:14 am

mark!! c:
]
[center][she/they]
[struggling with mental health, be patient with me please. Im not very active but slowly returning ]
Glowingsaltshaker

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Fawntura » Sat Jul 16, 2022 7:28 am

Mark!
╭━━━━━━━━╮

𐂃
𐂃
𐂃
𐂃
𐂃
𐂃
𐂃

╰━━━━━━━━╯

Hi You can call me Fawn or Ace! I currently own VW's & NSW's!
My DMs are always open!
My Commissions for MYOs, Customs and art pieces
Are Open! Just Shoot me a DM!

ImageImageImageImage
Fawntura

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby HowlingHooves » Sat Jul 16, 2022 7:50 am

mark <3
HowlingHooves

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby lynx! » Sun Jul 17, 2022 10:07 am

hey folks! the discord server has been set up here! I might also do a couple of semi-customs later, so keep an eye on this page for info :)
lynx!

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby lynx! » Sun Jul 17, 2022 2:08 pm

hello again! I'm going to offer some semi-customs to the first three people to fill out the following form. please keep the three suggestions to very common, common, or uncommon genes (rarity guide). you can find all the tail & mane types here.

Code: Select all
    [b]Username:[/b]
    [b]Three base colors:[/b]
    [b]Three markings:[/b]
    [b]Mane type:[/b]
    [b]Tail type:[/b]
    [b]Ears:[/b] (flipped, forward, or pinned)
    [b]Feathering:[/b] (yes or no)

closed!
Last edited by lynx! on Sun Jul 17, 2022 3:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
lynx!

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby HowlingHooves » Sun Jul 17, 2022 2:16 pm

Username: HowlingHooves
    Three base colors: Brown Buckskin (Seal + Cream), Classic Champagne, Iron Grey
    Three markings: Roan, Birdcatcher Spots, Overo
    Mane type: Tangled
    Tail type: Tangled
    Ears: Forward
    Feathering: Yes
HowlingHooves

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups