Time spent 33 minutes
Drawing sessions 2
5 people like this Log in to vote for this drawing

Versions of this drawing that people have created recently

gas station sushi

Postby ԏєѧѻӆғוѓԑ » Wed Jun 01, 2022 8:46 pm

Username: ԏєѧѻӆғוѓԑ
Clan: moonlight sanctuary

Accessory info: the flags i picked are demisexual, bi, and trans. you can interpret them however you like, i would love if they were incorporated prominently but you don't have to include all of them. my preference would be bi as the most prominent (or The one if you just do one). if you could put loose triangles somewhere in the coat (in reference to the demi triangle) that'd be neat ? the only specific accessory i had in mind was maybe a bandanna, but it's not required to be that ! go wild :>

NR edit suggestions: expression edits, accessories
    1 common edit choice: min fur
    2 common edit suggestions: pupil shape, pointed ears
    1 uncommon edit roll: short ears
    Are there any nr/common edits you would not like added?: would prefer not eye shape or eyelashes please :>

Heterochromia prompt:

This cat has had a lot of trouble acting like himself in his life. In his old home, he often felt like had to pretend to be someone he wasn’t, because it seemed like other cats would look right through him otherwise. Tired of feeling as though he wasn’t there, he started to act out and seek dangerous situations intentionally. He’d get in fights with his clan’s enemies, wild animals, and his own neighbors alike, seeking any form of attention he could get from it. He would give up his time at any request for it, whether there was too much on his plate or not. Over time, his life began to get further and further from his own control, and he could hardly stand it, but he neither could he stand to be ignored and left alone. Foolishly, he took a task from someone whose job was far outside what he knew how to do, because he hoped it would gain him favor with the scouts and hunters for the clan. Unbeknownst to him, the scouts had given him a task far too difficult for one cat alone - not out of malice, but out of not wanting to do it themselves and simply not caring what happened to this cat they didn’t really know. It didn’t take long for him to get lost, as he had to cross a river on this journey and the water swallowed up the scent trail that would’ve led him back home. Lost and frightened, this cat tried his best to keep his own spirits up, humming and then eventually singing to himself for comfort. His song worked to cheer him up, so he continued to sing as he traveled through the woods. The lyrics started with little purpose, just silly nothings to amuse himself, but then he began to express his emotions through them. Little by little, complaints about his clanmates and his life in general crept into the meandering song. As he entered his Emo Era, bemoaning life and luck for surrounding him with cats who couldn’t care less what happened to him, he started to open up to the empty woods around him… and eventually to a cat of another clan who he unknowingly wandered into earshot of. He was getting really into it, pouring his heart out and screaming to the sky in the middle of a clearing in the woods, as a young cat snuck closer, trying to figure out whose voice was making the woods feel so bright and so blue at the same time. The youngling lay in the bushes, hidden from sight behind the stranger, and waited for the song to be over. As the singing cat finally stopped and stood still, panting for breath and staring at the ground, he realized that he really didn’t want to go back to his old life. But just as he began to panic, unsure what to do instead… a voice from the bushes asked who he was. He was startled, but he didn’t try to look around and find out right away. “I don’t know,” he answered, “but I think I’ve decided I’m gonna stop pretending I do and actually find out.”
    [534 words]

Unnatural eye color prompt:

After being welcomed into the moonlight sanctuary, this cat had some trouble breaking his old habits. Being used to having to fight and dramatize and shout in order to be seen, and being unused to expressing his emotions to others (as the singing only really worked when he was alone), he struggled to connect with others instead of feeling threatened by them. He had gotten his wish of having eyes actually looking at him - but now that he was in a sort of spotlight as the new member of the clan nobody knew anything about, he felt overwhelmed and pressured to be someone and he had not yet had time to figure out who he really was. He fought himself away from the impulse to mimic other personalities and blend in, because the last thing he wanted to do was repeat his past, but in his efforts to avoid masking himself and becoming similar to the new cats he was meeting, he pushed them away, refusing to connect with them on points that he felt like he was similar to them on, because he couldn’t distinguish genuine interest from his instinct to lie about interest. Because of this, he began to get a reputation as standoffish and avoidant, so other cats started to avoid him, just looking and keeping their distance from him. Multiple wanted to reach out, but they didn’t know how - and he knew he had to figure himself out soon or he was going to lose his chance at a good fresh start. He started spending more time around the young cats, because although there weren’t very many children in the clan, they were a group that he could be around without feeling pressured to be anything in particular. All the kittens seemed to care about was having fun and getting into mischief, and he didn’t have to tell them about his past or his hobbies or interest in order for them to include him in their fun. Their caretaker, Cher, seemed disinterested in learning about him, too. He found out eventually that he had been born an owl, which was startling to him. Purely by accident, he ended up connecting with Cher, as the owl-cat opened up to him a little at a time, telling him about how he had been a bit distanced from the clan at first since he wasn’t a “real cat”, and how he didn’t really mind the distinction as much as he minded being treated differently. He expressed another day that he felt like the other cats didn’t know how to talk to him when their experiences were so different. Another day he was talking about how the times he ate and slept often didn’t line up with some clan members, so he had taken a while to even introduce himself to them. Between moments of pure playing with the younger cats, the two adults learned about each other a little at a time, neither asking many questions and both just letting the other talk about what was on their mind. To his own surprise, the singing cat began to find it much easier to talk with the others around him at mealtime, or to approach those he hadn’t met yet and at least tell them his name. In the middle of a conversation with five other cats at once, it hit him that he hadn’t had to worry about disguising his interests in quite some time… and the following evening, he sought out his closest friend with the intent of expressing his gratitude in some sort of dramatic gesture, but by the time he located Cher, all he wanted to do was relax with him and enjoy his company at their usual pace. And as he laid near him in the warm light of the setting sun, quietly watching the younglings play in the leaves, the newcomer felt more at home and more at peace than he ever had.
    [659 words]
ԏєѧѻӆғוѓԑ 372695

ImageImageImage
ԏєѧѻӆғוѓԑ

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: gas station sushi

Postby Swishy & Broken » Thu Jun 02, 2022 6:58 am

May I be added, I'd love to create your pride cat for you <3 !
Image Image Image

°°°°°
xxxxx Images Pixabay button Chipakers coding 0Zero0

Want some art?
Currently: drawing cats

❀ ✿ ❀
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
hi!
you can call me swishy, i use she/her
pronouns. i work full time at a senior
living facility and live a quiet, content
life with my fiancée and two cats. i
check cs every day, so don't feel shy
about giving me a poke <3 !!

Swishy & Broken
General Helper

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: gas station sushi

Postby ԏєѧѻӆғוѓԑ » Thu Jun 02, 2022 9:08 am

Swishy & Broken wrote:May I be added, I'd love to create your pride cat for you <3 !

i've added you ! thank you so much, i'm excited to see what you make :>
ԏєѧѻӆғוѓԑ 372695

ImageImageImage
ԏєѧѻӆғוѓԑ

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me