Stars #1896 by ataraxic_gone

Based on Click to view
Artist ataraxic_gone [gallery]
Time spent 32 minutes
Drawing sessions 2
15 people like this Log in to vote for this drawing

Stars #1896

Postby ataraxic_gone » Wed Jan 19, 2022 3:38 pm

Filled with choices and under a lot of pressure where they can only pick/do/choose one thing, what are their options and what do they choose?

300 words max

Ends 24th Jan at 11.59pm CS time

Code: Select all
[b]Username:[/b]
[b]Cat Name:[/b]
[b]Gender:[/b]
[b]Rank:[/b]
[b]Clan:[/b] (Please link)
[b]Age:[/b] (1 year or above)
[b]Prompt:[/b]
x
Name: Hawksky
Clan: Rushclan
Description: Chocolate mackerel tabby with low white and red eyes
Edits: [c] coloured sclera, ear tufts, [uc] unnatural eye colour
Owner: zephara
Last edited by ataraxic_gone on Tue Feb 01, 2022 7:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ataraxic_gone

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Stars #1896

Postby Mooshyy » Wed Jan 19, 2022 3:47 pm

Username: mooshyy
Cat Name: Thistlestep
Clan: hollowclan
Prompt:

[295/300]

He betrayed his brother.

Many, many moons ago in a clan far from Hollowclan, a medicine cat had been caught with kits. The poor mother had been forced to have the kits and was immediately exiled.

But the unknown father still lingered within the clans.

"Thistlestep, can I have a word with you?" Thistlestep's brother nudged him awake. The moon lit the night.
"Yeah, what is it?" Thistlestep asked.
"Follow me" The brother whispered.
"I need you to promise me you wont tell a soul!" The caramel tom demanded.
"Of course, you're my brother! Now, what is it?" Thistlestep asked again.
"I am the father of Hollowlight's kits." The tom admitted. Thistlestep's mouth laid wide open in shock.
"You filthy code breaker!" Thistlestep snarled, his once sympathetic demeanor quickly turning to anger.
"How could you betray the clan like this? I thought you were loyal!" Thistlestep hissed.
"I am loyal! I fell in love, thats all! Please don't tell Oakstar!" The tom begged for mercy.
"I'm deputy, it's my duty." Thistlestep stated. "Oakstar!"
The deputy rushed into camp "Oakstar!"
"What is it Thistlestep? It's the middle of the night!" Oakstar grumbled.
"I figured out who the code breaker is, Oakstar. Acornswirl, he's the father. " Thistlestep explained, almost proud of his discovery.
"What?!" Oakstar was wide-awake now. "We must catch him! Show him no mercy! Starclan will not approve of his crimes, they will not let him escape."
Oakstar quickly lead his way into the warrior's den, notifying his best warriors.
"He was over this way!" Thistlestep rushed to the meeting spot where he last saw Acornswirl.

He was gone, his scent trail cut off close to where he was last seen.

Oakstar was furious and told Thistlestep he can come home when he finds him.
Last edited by Mooshyy on Sat Jan 22, 2022 5:07 am, edited 1 time in total.

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬|
moosh • she/her |▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬|
discord : mooshyy. |▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬|
toyhouse |▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬|
artshop |▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬| carrd |▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
Mooshyy

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby SilentMelody » Thu Jan 20, 2022 3:16 am

dropping out, good luck to everyone!!
Last edited by SilentMelody on Mon Jan 24, 2022 6:29 am, edited 1 time in total.
mel | adult | she/her | bi

toyhouse - silentmelody
admin/staff for dcay on cs

RBT in ABA therapy for autism
B.S. in psychological sciences

low activity, but i still check my pms!
SilentMelody

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby néktar » Thu Jan 20, 2022 4:18 am

Username: nektar
    Cat Name: hoot of an owl
    Clan: (Please link)
    Prompt:
néktar

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Zephara » Thu Jan 20, 2022 1:42 pm

Username: zephara
Cat Name: Hawksky
Prompt: [283/300]

“Take your head out of the clouds Hawksky.” his parents say, voices thick with disapproval. “You’re a part of this clan and you have a responsibility to it. Stop gallivanting around and actually contribute.” their heads are titled upwards as they speak, as if they’re somehow better than him.

When they descend from their pedestal to continue scolding him they’ll find he’s already gone. Gone out into the wild, just him and the open sky, running and running like he could go on forever. He feels more at ease out alone, among the endless sea of grass and the roaring wind than he has ever felt among his clanmates.

They expect him to live up to his ‘responsibility’, to work day and night, nonstop for the ‘good’ of the clan as if the clan is dying because of his ‘negligence’. They think that he is being selfish, running off on his own, disappearing for days on end with nothing but memories to show for his efforts.

And maybe he is being selfish. Maybe he’s not not doing enough for the clan. But he is not like his parents. They chose to spend their days in the center of clan life, always present. They tell him that they’re always there to protect their clan (unlike him).

They seem to think that their way of life is the only way for him to protect his clan. He disagrees. Their way is exhausting. He wants to be free, he wants to run.

He will not let them dictate his life. And even if he is being selfish, he chooses not to be stuck in one place, but to be always on the move, always running free.
Feel free to send over a pm or trade, I’m interested in anything that’s on my wl. I also sporadically participate in user-made adoption centers.
starskalons

What pretty flowers.

ImageImageImage
Zephara

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby coffee.berry » Fri Jan 21, 2022 5:46 pm

Username: coffee.berry
Cat Name: Caw Of Hurt Crow (Caw)
Clan: Tribe Of Golden Sunsets
Prompt: [300/300 words]

"Happy birthday to you, happy birthday to you! Happy birthday dear Caw, happy birthday to you!" Caw heard his tribe singing for him to wake up.

"Aah!" Caw covered his head with both paws, but then peeked out and grinned. "Thanks, guys! But, didn't I tell you that my birthday isn't that important?" The tribe laughed.

"You thought we were going to let you get away with not having a birthday?!" Summer grinned. "Besides, we have presents! You like presents, Caw. I know you."

Summer gave Caw a woolly angora wool cape. Lio got Caw a big piece of meat, while Moss brought Caw a flower bowtie and Moth brought him a pet water moth.

---

Hours later, it was patrol time. The sun was setting, clouds had been covering the sun all day, and now he could see the sun. Summer and Lio came running. "Hey, it's patrol time!" Lio told Caw. "No, it's time for the dinner!" Summer said.

Then, Moss and Moth came. "You have to see my play!" Moss said. "No! Watch how to feed your water moth!"

"We can go have a dinner in the forest and hunt a bit, and while we eat we can watch Moss' play, and Moth will be showing me how to feed my water moth." Caw smiled. "Oh! We'll need water from that high mountain on the other side of the forest for the moth!" Moth said nervously.

"What?! It's my birthday, I'm 24 moons today, a whole year passed, and you're asking me to do all of this?! It's relaxing day. I'm supposed to have a birthday dinner, and watch a once-in-a-lifetime play! Not go on a patrol or learn to feed a water moth. I can do that any day. But today's my birthday!" Caw almost broke down.

hii! i'm aya/vai <3 feel free to shoot me a pm, i don't bite!!
    status: really busy in real life so if i respond late, sorry <3
    © ~ she/her ~ toyhouse
coffee.berry

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Knickknacks » Tue Jan 25, 2022 8:55 am

Username: Knickknacks
Cat Name: Waspnose
Clan: Knollclan
Prompt: [300/300 words]

Some days, Waspnose wondered whether his job as a campguard was more of a formality than anything else. Keeping the camp secure was important, he conceded- but nothing ever seemed to happen on the night watch.

He and Acornspot were on shift tonight- his counterpart seated out of sight, across the camp. The dark didn't seem to bother the sightless cat at all, but Waspnose still found it somewhat creepy. He had learned, though, that rustles in the dark were usually only prey animals, or cats shifting about sleepily.

Nothing to worry about.

Not normally, at least. He felt the presence behind him before he saw it, and the fur had barely started to lift along his spine before he heard a voice rasp at his ear.

"Sound the alarm, and the other watcher dies," it purred. "I have business in the woods tonight- if anyone asks, you saw nothing tonight. We didn't have this conversation."

Waspnose stiffened, his mind whirling. He strained, trying to catch a telltale sound or scent, but aside from the warm breath by his ear- he couldn't tell. He knew his clanmates, and he couldn't place the scent or voice of this cat. They were coming from inside the camp- but how and why would a stranger be able to do so?

"Who are y-" his question was cut off abruptly as claws pricked faintly into his side. A warning, a reminder.

"Ask questions, and both of you will die," the voice purred silkily. "I was never here. Got it?"

Waspnose felt like he should say something- do something, anything. But under the claws of this wraithlike stranger, with his and Acornspot's lives under threat- he couldn't do anything but nod.

"I- got it," he said.

"Wonderful," the voice purred. And then they were gone.
Knickknacks

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby ataraxic_gone » Tue Feb 01, 2022 7:44 pm

Zephara wrote:Username: zephara
Cat Name: Hawksky
Prompt: [283/300]
ataraxic_gone

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Zephara » Thu Feb 03, 2022 9:20 am

Ahh thank you!
Feel free to send over a pm or trade, I’m interested in anything that’s on my wl. I also sporadically participate in user-made adoption centers.
starskalons

What pretty flowers.

ImageImageImage
Zephara

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me