staff litter #2 -- #001 by Flatterina

Based on Click to view
Artist Flatterina [gallery]
Time spent 1 day, 3 hours
Drawing sessions 1
19 people like this Log in to vote for this drawing

staff litter #2 -- #001

Postby Flatterina » Tue Oct 26, 2021 9:37 am

This cat and their snake have been friends for a long time! How did they meet?
This has no maximum.

Ends Nov. 10th at rollover.

Code: Select all
[b]Username:[/b]
[b]Cat Name:[/b]
[b]Gender:[/b]
[b]Rank:[/b]
[b]Clan:[/b] (Please link)
[b]Age:[/b] (1 year or above)
[b]Prompt:[/b]
x
Name:
Clan:
Description: Blue classic sepia point
Edits: [NR] Snake Companion, Expression, Weight [C] Eyelashes, Teeth, Tongue, Min Fur, Coloured Sclera, Sleek Tail [UC] Long Tail
Owner:
Writing Commissions -- Examples
Physical / Personality Descriptions, Histories, Prompts, Short Stories, etc.
Any Genre -- Any Length
Flatterina

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: staff litter #2 -- #001

Postby RoxyTBDW » Tue Oct 26, 2021 11:10 am

Username:RoxyTBDW
Cat Name:Scalefur
Clan: MistClan
Prompt:Scalefur was hunting on the snakerocks. She crouched and crawled her way to a yellow snake. The snake looked at her, with his big eyes. Scalefur looked at the snake, realizing the snake had a deep vibe that told her not to kill it. She crept up on the snake, and gently put her paw on his head. He smiled at her. "I'll call you.. hmm... Buddy," she smiled to look very friendly.
Reworking sig - She/they
Chicoon Hub

My interests change a lot...
RoxyTBDW

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby SilentMelody » Tue Oct 26, 2021 11:13 am

Username: SilentMelody
    Cat Name:
    Clan: (Please link)
    Prompt: Mark!!
mel | adult | she/her | bi

toyhouse - silentmelody
admin/staff for dcay on cs

RBT in ABA therapy for autism
B.S. in psychological sciences

low activity, but i still check my pms!
SilentMelody

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby .sins. » Tue Oct 26, 2021 11:15 am

-dropping-
Last edited by .sins. on Thu Nov 11, 2021 12:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
.sins.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Nedbit » Tue Oct 26, 2021 11:18 am

Username: Nedbit
Cat Name: Silvertongue
Clan: BarleyClan
Prompt:
omg what an absolute baby WIP
Nedbit

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby canadianhowl » Tue Oct 26, 2021 12:53 pm

Username: dascanadiansparkle
    Cat Name: Snakespit
    Clan: Galactic Skies
    Prompt: Snakespit meet his snake friend when he was just a kitten! Snakekit loved to try and escape camp to explore and one day he was feeling very adventurous. He scrambled away when no one was looking and began to explore. Snakekit jumped on logs and played with bugs before eventually he was founded by a big snake. He was pretty scared but the snake looked at him before slithering away. Snakekit didn’t understand why it didn’t eat him but he felt something happened that day. Snakekit grew into an apprentice and began to go out on patrols. He was alone one time when he ran into the snake again. Once more it looked at him but this time it slithered to him before happily getting on the cat’s back and stayed there. Snakepaw being named after the serpent constellation was told this must be his guardian in a life form on earth here to guide and stay with him. Ever since then, Snakespit has been best friends with his new reptile friend. They do everything together and he couldn’t be happier.

Kitty :)
Last edited by canadianhowl on Tue Nov 09, 2021 8:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
              ╔═══════════════╗

{ he/they - adult }
              Hi! My name is Zander!
              I've been drawing for years
              I mostly draw cats!
              Be nice to crabs!
              { stars - TH }

╚═══════════════╝
canadianhowl

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby wildsight » Tue Oct 26, 2021 4:21 pm

Username: wildsight
      Cat Name: murkypool > taipanshadow
      Clan: kingdom of khafra
      Prompt:

A swift breeze tumbled over two lone felines as they made their way through the lands of Altan. As usual, the realm was quiet, not a single word was spared between the two as they carried onward, their gazes sharp and alert as they looked over that which lay before them. As they neared a familiar spot among the territory, one of them spoke. "Suppose we should head home now? I think our lands are safe for the time being." Came the low voice of a tom, who used the following pause to look over their territory once more. The opposing feline, a molly, nodded. "Let us return home then." She replied simply, taking the lead.

The way back was seemingly uneventful, their paws leading them along the invisible, yet familiar trail which would eventually lead them to their home. And yet, their pace suddenly slowed as Murkypool dropped back. The tom turned to face her, ears pricked with interest. "What's wrong?" He asked, glancing about as his companion was. The grey-furred feline was silent, her gaze flickering over their surroundings. After a moment, she spoke. "Something's off."
      XXXX"Off? In what way?" Tumblefire asked, turning around to gaze in the other direction. For a short while, the two merely stood in silence, before Tumblefire began to resume their journey. "Whatever it was, it must be gone now. I don't see anything alarming." He shrugged. Murkypool only took a few paces before halting again, narrowing her gaze. Something was off. Something wasn't right. There was danger nearby... "Tumblefire, stop!" She cried. But it was too late.

As if appearing from thin air, a creature struck from the shadows, narrowly missing the unsuspecting tom. Tumblefire leapt away with a yowl, but the serpent hadn't even started. It lunged again, hissing as it closed in on it's target, mouth held agape as moonlight shone upon it's pearly white fangs. Tumblefire's own pelt bristled instinctively, bearing his own fangs. The two faced each other unmoving, awaiting for the opposing soul to strike.
      XXXXMurkypool didn't dare intervene. As the tom backed away, the snake seemed to give chase, revealing the true size of its figure. It was monstrous. The biggest she'd ever laid eyes upon. A bad move could mean certain death if she wasn't careful. Yet, Tumblefire was in his own sticky situation, much worse than her own. He needed help. She'd have to risk it.
      XXXXThe tabby bolted, immediately drawing the serpent's attention toward her. "Run!" She cried, leaping over the beast's back, missing the creature's fangs by a whisker. As she tumbled upon the earth, she frantically inhaled to regain her breath, stumbling to her paws as she arose. With a quick glance about her, she found Tumblefire gesturing to her. Making a run for it, the tabby bounded to his side. The two felines didn't spare a moment to look over one another, merely continuing in their escape. Safety was more important.

By the time they arrived back at camp, the two were exhausted. The felines were met by a small gathering of others, who looked on in concern. "What happened?" One asked, as similar questions followed. Tumblefire began to answer, but Murkypool shot him down. "Not now. We need to speak with the soldiers. Perhaps even the king."

A meeting was soon called, consisting of the head of the soldiers, the Pharaoh, Murkypool and Tumblefire. The room was silent for a few moments, before the king cleared his throat. "Let us not waste time on pressing matters." A pause. "Murkypool and Tumblefire. You say that there's danger among our lands. Something urgently needs to be done. What exactly is it?" The two felines spared a glance between each other, but ultimately, Murkypool spoke. "Yes, O Pharaoh. Myself and Tumblefire we're out early tonight, checking the borders. All was well concerning the edges of our territory, however...we ran into quite the creature on our way back. A snake." Suddenly, a snort came from the senior soldier. "A snake?! You called this urgent meeting over a snake?!" He cried. Tumblefire was quick to step in. "You don't understand. It was a large snake. Huge. I bet it could even wrap around a cat with plenty of tail to spare. Trust me, I'm not lying. If it wasn't for Murkypool I might be dead."
      XXXXNow, the room fell quiet. As Murkypool and Tumblefire waited, the Pharaoh and senior soldier spoke among one another. Whispers were tossed about as they discussed the situation, a tenseness settling over the opposing felines. Finally, the soldier turned to them. "I'll have a patrol ready tomorrow night. See what we're dealing with here. I'll need at least one of you to come along, so you can lead us to where you encountered it." The two felines nodded. Now, the Pharaoh arose. "You may be dismissed."

Murkypool and Tumblefire were ready to go the following night, awaiting near the camp's entrance for the soldiers. But as time moved onward, there was no sign of the patrol. They waited and waited, yet not a single soldier approached them about the patrol - as a matter of fact, those that they did see and talked to didn't even seem to know about it.
      XXXX"He's not coming." Murkypool said suddenly, a growl clear in her voice. Tumblefire's gaze snapped to her, eyes wide. "What? Of course he is, he said so! He wouldn't lie...not in front of the Pharaoh. Surely, he must be late...that has to be it!" But Murkypool had already begun to pad away. With only a few moments of hesitation, the tom hurried after her.

"I'm not sending out a patrol over a snake. We've dealt with plenty before with a single paw. I can't help that you two didn't know how to handle one - that's where experience comes in." The soldier grunted. Murkypool frowned, tail lashing about angrily. "So that's it? You don't believe it's dangerous?" A huff. "Well, if you don't want to send a small patrol to potentially aid in the safety of our clan, why don't you just come along? Show us how easy it is to take down a snake with 'a single paw.'"
      XXXX"Waste of time. You know combat don't you? That's good enough. Now if you'll excuse me, I have business to tend to." And without allowing another word to be spoken, the tom turned away. Murkypool sighed heavily, whipping about to face Tumblefire. "This is ridiculous. He's risking the safety of many." The tom let out a frustrated sigh of his own. "What do we do then? Someone has to do something about it."

And so, the two felines took it upon themselves to rid the territory of the monstrous viper. The two would watch it from afar, observing the serpent in hopes of discovering its weak point. With each passing night, the two would discuss various plans of action, but nothing truly stuck out to them. They knew the snake was dangerous and due to its size, there was no room for even the slightest mistake - should one get bit by the reptile, their fate would rest among the paws of their healers and ancestors.
      XXXXBut time was running out. Other patrols had gone to the same area and news of the massive serpent was beginning to spread about the kingdom like wildfire. Still, the senior soldier did nothing about it, despite the various pleas for assistance. "Should we speak to the Pharaoh again?" Tumblefire asked one night, after a particularly heated argument with the soldier. "No." Murkypool replied, a newfound purpose clear in her stride. "We will take care of it." The tom blinked, clear uncertainty in his gaze. "How?" The grey-furred molly turned to him, with a quivering of whiskers. "You'll see tomorrow night."

Murkypool had taken all she could stand. Lives were on the line. If a young cat encountered the serpent or even if a skilled feline did, all it would take was for them to be caught off guard. She couldn't rest with the idea in her mind and while she'd have never been anyone's first choice, their safety concerning this enemy laid at her and Tumblefire's paws.
      XXXXNow, the two approached the familiar spot where they'd first found the snake. Her green gaze scanned over the golden sea of sand, a large patch of it covered in stone and dead bushes. As the two neared where their first meeting had taken place, Murkypool pulled Tumblefire aside, her gaze clear that from this point onward, it would be business and business only.
      XXXX"Alright. Here's the plan." She began. "I'll begin heading in the same direction we had been going on the night of our initial introduction. I want you to go around from behind. I should spot the snake first...but if you happen to, alert me. Once I gain its attention, I want you to grab its tail. Work your way up to pin it down at about the middle of its body. The most dangerous part about a snake is its head...and I'll have it. If we're able to subdue it quickly, the battle will be over within moments." A pause. "Are you ready?" She asked the tom, receiving a quick nod in response. "Good. Then let's go."

And then, it began. Murkypool trekked onward carefully, her form low to the ground as she scanned the area about her. After a couple of paces, she could no longer see Tumblefire. She'd have to trust that he'd be in position when needed. Closer and closer she came to the dreaded spot, fur beginning to bristle just slightly. She held her breath, slowing her pace just slightly. Nearly there...nearly there…

Hissing. There it was. Murkypool leaped in front of it, fangs bared as a snarl rippled through the night. The snake lunged at her, which she dodged, batting at it's head as she passed it. Once more it lunged at her, then a second time - she could've sworn she felt fangs against her pelt, but no pain came from it. For now, it was just a means of avoiding the attacks...she just had to do so until help arrived.
      XXXXAnd it did. With a yowl, Tumblefire landed upon the snake's back. With his back paws upon its tail, he slowly moved forward as requested earlier. But now, the snake's attention shifted...and it lunged at the tom. He ducked, battling the twisting and thrashing creature. Murkypool lunged while it was distracted, grabbing the beast's neck. Still, it thrashed about wildly, attempting to free itself from the felines. Nonetheless, Murkypool whacked it about, before dealing a final blow...which left the snake unmoving.
      XXXXSilence followed. Blinking, Murkypool nodded toward Tumblefire. He released the snake, stepping a few paces away. The molly then let the monstrous being fall from her jaws, turning to face her companion. "Well, w-" In that moment, the molly was struck from behind. A cry sounded from her. Tumblefire yowled once more, racing over to dislodge their enemy from her. As the snake released her and was thrown to the ground, the feline noticed something despite the pain in her shoulder.

"Release her!" She cried as she fell upon the ground. The tom paused, bewildered. "What?! No way, this thing is going to kill you!" He cried. The molly flipped herself over, enraged. "I said, release her! We're the ones at fault!" Tumblefire's eyes grew wide, but while he allowed some of his weight off of the snake, he didn't let it go completely. "What do you mean?"
      XXXXWith a grimace, the molly gestured to where she'd seen the sight. A look of surprise appeared upon the tom's face, before that of guilt washed it away. "No...it can't be..." With a heavy breath, Murkypool forced herself into an awkward sitting position. "The snake...she's a mother, Tumblefire. No wonder she's been lashing out so much...and now-" A pause. A horrified expression rested upon her face. "We've endangered her wellbeing...and her offsprings."
      XXXXA moment of silence followed as the tom released the snake. Her tail twitched once, signaling she was still alive. "Get help, Tumblefire. Get help..." Murkypool said at last, succumbing to the pain once more. "Do not worry about my safety...just go."

When Tumblefire returned with one of the healers, Murkypool directed their attention toward the snake. "Save her...help her first. She deserves it." A look of concern was clear upon the healer's face, but he did as he was requested. Tending to the snake's wounds, Tumblefire and Murkypool watched quietly. Once such was completed, the healer turned to the molly expectantly. "Now that you're done...you may help me."
      XXXXThough once the healer had completed his tasks, Murkypool refused to leave. "Not until I know she's alright." Tumblefire did his best to reason with the molly, but ultimately she remained with the snake. For the following moon, Murkypool remained among the territory, aiding in the snake's health. She kept her distance, but was quick to aid in chasing off threats and bringing materials to help make the reptilian more comfortable, as well as checking on her wounds. Occasionally, one of her clanmates would visit her, yet she never left the snake's side. Not until her offspring hatched.
      XXXXWhen the moment finally came and was over with, Murkypool arose. "You've done well. I must say...I apologize for hurting you. Had I known your reasoning behind your snappish behavior, I would've left you alone at once...but I had to protect my own home. Just as you wished to protect your offspring." A sigh escaped her. "I'm glad we can rest on good terms now. But it is time for me to return. Farewell, my friend." She said at last, turning away and heading toward the kingdom.

But what a sight it was to see, when she returned. For she had not returned alone. "You brought her back?!" Tumblefire cried in astonishment. The molly shrugged. "Perhaps. Though I can't say it was by choice. She wouldn't stop following me...I guess she enjoyed my company and didn't want to lose it." Tumblefire blinked, but a smile began to grow. Suddenly, a new voice broke the silence. "What in Altan's realm is THAT?!" It was the soldier who refused to investigate the situation.
      XXXX"I believe you mean, 'who is she?' She has a name. Hydra. My new companion."

And thus, the two felines were thanked for their work and Murkypool received a new name, Taipanshadow, in honor of her loyalty to aid an enemy, who now serves as an ally. And they remain such, to this day.
Last edited by wildsight on Wed Nov 10, 2021 11:25 am, edited 1 time in total.
wildsight

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby coffee.berry » Tue Oct 26, 2021 4:24 pm

Username:
Cat Name:
Prompt: Mark :00

hii! i'm aya/vai <3 feel free to shoot me a pm, i don't bite!!
    status: really busy in real life so if i respond late, sorry <3
    © ~ she/her ~ toyhouse
coffee.berry

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby ToastCottagecat » Tue Oct 26, 2021 4:33 pm

Username: midnightFOXO
Cat Name: Whiskersong
Prompt:

some cats are afraid of Whiskersong cuz they are aware of her snake buddy, she got Honey when she was on patrol, honey was skiny and have low energy so Whiskersong decided that she is goin to take care of honey, after a while honey decide to keep living with Whiskersong, they are now best buddy for ever :D

honey is the snakes name
ToastCottagecat

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Griff » Wed Oct 27, 2021 1:21 pm

Username: Griff
Cat Name: Scaletooth
Clan: https://toyhou.se/griffhighwind/charact ... er:2507939
Prompt: On one of her hunting trips for the clan, Scaletooth ended up encountering an emaciated snake. On further examination, she discovered that the snake used to be owned by the two-leggers, and was de-fanged for 'safety' purposes before being abandoned. Scaletooth immediately took the snake, named Glee, in. She hunted for Glee, while Glee provided companionship and stories for her. Together they formed a formidable team, feared but loved as well.
Griff

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me