Kalon #1974

Postby Zailune » Fri Oct 01, 2021 1:23 pm

badger badger badger badger-
--

Edits:
      [nr] schlera, blood color
      [s] hair, shine
      [c] fur, tail

To enter for this kalon, tell me about their favorite place to be or to visit! You have 300 words or 1 art piece to answer this prompt. This comp will close in 2 weeks on Oct 14th, at 8pm EST. Good luck!

Form:
Code: Select all
Username + number:
Name:
Prompt:
Image Image
----------------------

Heya, it's Zail - feel free to message me about anything! I'm online pretty frequently.
I may be a bit of a weirdo but I mean well ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Lots of love for those struggling, too. You're not alone.
Zailune

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Kalon #1974

Postby justamindset » Fri Oct 01, 2021 2:16 pm

Username + number: DragonOfEmber || 695530
Name: Jinx
Prompt:
Wip

[♡] ember / / [♡] justamindset
▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁

[][][][][][][][][][]

information and links

kals // toyhouse // comms: open

𓆩*𓆪 and i know where to look 𓆩*𓆪

in permanent need of coffee

justamindset

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Sneky » Fri Oct 01, 2021 5:45 pm

Username + number: Sneky, 199821
Name: Finnegan
Prompt:
It always amazed Finn how green everything looked after a fresh rain. Despite the sun still hiding behind the clouds, the grass almost seemed to glow with vitality, carpeting the hilly ground in a glowing emerald hue. And not to mention the smell of wet earth under his feet; there was no smell more comforting to Finn than the smell of the ground after a greatly needed rain. But there was hardly any time to take in all the changes to the hilly pastures after the rain, Finn had chores to complete. Slowly, and with the help of a gnarled walking stick, Finnegan descended down the hillside to tend to his flock.
Their thick wool coats almost seemed to blend in with the morning fog, but the keen nose of his collie could pick the flock out of the mist with ease. A bleat from the flock's largest ram alerted the rest of the sheep of the shepherd's approach, the ewes and lambs trotting behind him to wait at the paddock gate. Finn unlatched the gate, leading his flock with the help of his dog to a little valley covered in fresh growth. With his flocks' breakfast sorted, Finn took a seat on a moss-covered rock to watch over his sheep as they grazed.
He and his family had lived here, in these hills, for generations. His ancestors' footprints were tread into the ground in the form of trails through the valleys where no grass grew, worn to bare earth from decades of use. As the sheep grazed on his family's verdant fields, he thought of all the times other folks would tell him he could amount to much greater things than being a shepherd. But taking in his surroundings, Finn couldn't think of another place he'd rather be.

[299/300]
Last edited by Sneky on Wed Oct 13, 2021 8:27 am, edited 2 times in total.
ImageImage
ImageImageImage
~
Hey, I'm an idiot that's up to chat
about pretty much anything.
~
I'm Snekly on Flight Rising, pop in and say hey!
~
my Toyhou.se

Trades: Open (Read my Rules)
PM's: Open
Sneky

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby cecro » Fri Oct 01, 2021 10:37 pm

Username + number: FuzzyWorms + 1018618
Name: Honeybadger
Prompt:
Honeybadger's favorite place to visit would be the park. He loves to go on walks around there and it's actually pretty calming for him. He loves to watch the birds pick at the ground for grubs and maybe also seeds, squirrels going for bird feeders, etc. Honeybadger also loves the environment. The mud and leaves on his paws, the sound the leaves make, the whispering of the trees shaking, but he loves everything about the foresty area in general. The cold breeze calms him down and the chirping of the birds around him leaves him at peace.

Of course, he doesn't just love nature. He also loves water! Sometimes on his hikes he'll just throw himself into the water for a bit. His friends do wonder why he does this, but he assures them that it's just because he loves water and everything about it. (145 words)
Last edited by cecro on Sun Oct 03, 2021 6:19 am, edited 2 times in total.

hello!
▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄
they/he pronouns
autistic
toyhouse: cecro
discord: wormies3486
past user: kroger

cecro

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Moonpaw8033 » Sun Oct 03, 2021 4:47 am

Username + number: Moonpaw8033 + 927018
Name: Winston
Prompt:
Moonpaw8033

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Dewy Feathers » Tue Oct 05, 2021 8:18 am

Username + number: Dewy Feathers 998285
Name: Asvos Stis
Prompt: 187 words

Asvos had never been a social person. He saw everyone’s faults, all the things wrong with them, and with some kalons, there were a lot. It wasn’t a magic power, but an attention to detail and the facts. Asvos loved facts, and the best place with facts and no one around was the library.
It was his favorite place in the large city. Marble columns held up the roof on the big two story building. He hardly ever meets anyone there, except for the kind old librarian, whose only fault Asvos could see was that she couldn’t see very well.
The books were the best part. Legends and facts, studies about extinct creatures, stories about heroes. Asvos loves it. His favorite was an old book of legends, about three compasses. One pointed to the thing you needed most, one pointed to the kalon you needed most, and the third was lost, and no one knew what it did. Asvos loved it. He loved the entire place. The smell of old books, the rustle of paper, the silence of everything. It was his favorite place in the world.
Dewy Feathers

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Wolfumus » Wed Oct 06, 2021 11:33 pm

Username + number: Wolfumus + 934674
Name: Babar
Prompt:
Bordering my home is a white fence, encasing old willows and oaks, and a babbling brooke. But here, above the beautiful lush grasses and crystal clear water, I value one thing the most: my neighbor's herd of sheep. Dozens of 'em roam the fields here, all of 'em the same breed: badger face Welsh mountain, almost as if it were meant to be, you could say.

Now, my neighbor and I are great buddies. We live out in the great, green, middle of nowhere together, and having each other's company is always nice. But his sheep, he loves his sheep, and while I may be perfectly allowed to see 'em from over a fence and pet 'em there, he doesn't want me in there.

But I love his sheep more.

I got caught a few times, sure, and he wasn't so pleased about that, and I hate to see him upset. So instead, I make sure he doesn't see me. Although these are some naturally skittish creatures we're talking about, they know me so well they couldn't care less about what I do. And so, with their help, I have the perfect camouflage.

My neighbor always hums when he's out in the pasture. Always. So whenever I hear the faintest tinge of song, I stand in a group of sheep, tuck my tail between my legs, hide my braid, and lower my head. He can't tell the difference! Then, once he's gone, I get to stick around. To read in the branches of a tree, or to nap on the soft grass under the cover of a willow. And whenever I'm ready, I'll hope the fence and go home, but until then, I'll enjoy every moment I have with my fleecy friends. [292/300]
Last edited by Wolfumus on Fri Oct 15, 2021 11:19 am, edited 3 times in total.
She/Her or He/Him | Androgynous Female | Bisexual | Adult | OCD & PTSD
Things will get better, I promise. You're doing great!
Wolfumus

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Sinful_Lies » Thu Oct 07, 2021 8:02 pm

Username + number: Sinful_Lies #773401
Name: Senwith
Prompt: Island of Vervarium for Reference
Senwith grew in the farm city Snemli and always loved to spend his free time just outside of the city limits near the river. When he was a Kit he often dreamed about buying land next to the river and starting his own farm. In his older years he has managed to do just that! He grows different fruit and vegetables on his farm, using the water from the nearby river to keep his crops watered. He spends 90 percent of his time taking care of his duties around the farm, but you can always bet that during his free time he is at the water's edge listening to the soft flow of the stream.

xx│ She/Her │ xx
Semi Active
PFP made by faded_dreams11 and Sig art by aortic

FRKalons
Sinful_Lies

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Griff » Sat Oct 09, 2021 8:54 pm

Username + number: Griff 254592
Name: Gerald Battor
Prompt:

Nobody must know he came here, nobody at all. He had a reputation to uphold after all, as the neighborhood grump. They could never know where he snuck away to once a week, where he went and could truly be happy. Adjusting the mask over his face, it hid the smile growing. Neon lights greeted him at the entrance, as he showed off his entrance card. "Oh! Welcome back!" The doorman replied, receiving a nod in return.

Inside, neon lights continued to shine, along with a patterned floor that was ever changing in color. A sparkling ball hung overhead, as music played from a DJ stationed near the front. It was Friday Night at Ginger's, a disco dancing hall. The one place the past came alive, and he could relive his youth. He was the kind of the dance floor here, limbs limber and soul filled with energy. He commanded the room with suave mystery, sparking but a wink at the nearby onlookers when he would dance. Taking on and defeating any dance challengers, he was known here as The Mystery.

None must ever know the truth, and he would ensure it stayed that way. Besides, didn't everyone love a good mystery?
Griff

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Ucanthandleme » Mon Oct 11, 2021 11:52 am

Username + number: Ucanthandleme + 809102
Name: Hablo
Prompt:

Hablo wiped the sweat from his forehead with the towel from around his neck, before focusing back on the task at hand. Lifting the hammer over his shoulder he let gravity aid him in it’s descent to the unshaped piece of metal below. His arm strained with every beat of his hammer yet he kept going. Seeing the metal slowly turned back to silver he deftly used metal pincers to bring it back under the molten hot fire in front of him. Seeing it slowly turn red due to the heat he pulled it back out before once again lifting his hammer to shape it. He repeated this process many times during the forging of the weapon, yet despite the strain on his body from the raging fire before him and the lifting of his hammer a big smile could be seen on his face. He was completely focused on the task, his eyes shining like fiery embers with each blow onto the metal. Bang, bang, bang, his hammer fell and the lump of metal slowly took the shape of a sword. Closer and closer, the bade was ready for the finishing touches. Lifting it from the fire once more he drowned it in cold water, listening to the sizzling sound of it cooling down. What a great sound it was. He then proceeded to sharpen it against a rock wheel, letting spark fly to and fro past his face. Truly this was the best place in the world. No one could tell him otherwise his favourite place to be was his smithy.

262/300

☆-------☆
Credit: Toyhouse
☆----------------☆
Storages:
My Kalons
For trade kalons
My kels
Profile avatar by m0thmonster
Sig art by stan. + Niluna + Morisakisan
Characters are owned by me.
Image ImageImageImageImageImage