Artist DraconisSumeris [gallery]
Time spent 35 minutes
Drawing sessions 3
7 people like this Log in to vote for this drawing

GS | V4#031

Postby DraconisSumeris » Wed Sep 22, 2021 2:40 pm

Username: GraveBlues
Name: Xocolatl
Name Meaning (optional): The original "hot chocolate" from the Aztecs and Mayans, flavored with chilis and spices! His colors made me think of it :>
Rarity: Very Common
Color: Bay Roan Appolosa w/ Chocolate brown and lavander feathers.
Training Tier: 0
3 Personality Traits:Bashful, Cries Easily, Likes to Run

This Strider has very shiny feathers, how do they feel about them and do they have any quirks in maintaining them?

Ends 9/27!

Code: Select all
[b]Username:[/b]
[b]Name:[/b]
[b]Name Meaning (optional):[/b]
[b]3 Personality Traits:[/b]
[b]Prompt:[/b]

Last edited by DraconisSumeris on Tue Sep 28, 2021 1:40 pm, edited 3 times in total.
DraconisSumeris

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: GS | V4#031

Postby GraveBlues » Thu Sep 23, 2021 10:02 am

Username: GraveBlues
Name Meaning: The original "hot chocolate" from the Aztecs and Mayans, flavored with chilis and spices! His colors made me think of it :>
3 Personality Traits: Bashful, Cries Easily, Likes to Run
Prompt:
    This guy is really shy, so having such shiny feathers is actually a huge source of embarrassment for him! He's always getting compliments and admiring stares because of his feathers, and it just makes him want to hide, the poor guy. His owner loves his naturally shiny feathers, and buffs them up by rubbing them with baby oil to make them sparkle and shine in the light, despite his protests. He's always rolling around in the mud and dirt to dirty them up, but it never seems to work! Everything just slides right off them, and usually the sight of him rolling like that just makes everybody laugh at him, which leads him to crying... He's painfully introverted, so having something so beautiful on him that makes him stand out is just about his worst nightmare. Especially around mares... Man, every time a pretty mare bats her eyelashes at him or comes up to him he just about wants to keel over and die, he blushes so hard and he never knows what to say or do, and always ends up making a complete fool of himself... He wants to not be so timid and bashful, but he just can't help it. When he's alone he admires himself, just a little, and deep down he loves his lovely coat and shiny, sleek feathers, but then as soon as anybody else looks at him and gives him compliments he just falls to pieces! Perhaps one day he'll gain a bit more confidence and be able to show off those feathers proudly.
GraveBlues

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Chocomilkaholic » Thu Sep 23, 2021 12:44 pm

Username: Chocomilkaholic
Name: Rareity
Name Meaning (optional): Being rare
3 Personality Traits: Smart, Mischievous, and glamorous
Prompt:
Rareity loves shiny things so of course when she saw me using shoe shiner she wanted some of it. She went to kick the bucket down and start rolling in it covering mainly her feathers in the stuff. By the time I realized what had happened she was already shiny in the areas coated. The funnier thing is that she won’t let me try and wash it off either, she would get very upset. She would flash them at me like ‘Look at me I shine like a gem darling! You dare take that away?!’. Honestly I may try and find a galingale safe lotion that can be used to try and achieve the desired affect for shows.

Chocomilkaholic

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Tyrant001 » Thu Sep 23, 2021 2:06 pm

Username: Mister Hollow
Name: Khaos
Name Meaning (optional): Khaos was one of the first primordial gods to emerge when creation was created in Greek mythology. It's also a definite play on this guy's personality traits...
3 Personality Traits: Chaotic - Vain - Attention seeker
Prompt: Oh, this boy just loves his shiny feathers, and has from a very young age. He thinks he's the coolest kid on the block and honestly has been treated like such by most of his peers due to the unique nature of his feathers, which has unfortunately given him quite a superiority complex, which is where the name Khaos comes in. If another Strider or equine of any kind gets near him in a way that he feels detracts from his beauty, the attention he's currently receiving, or will mar his feathers he quickly turns aggressive and runs them all over the place, nipping and screaming like a banshee. He struts around in the pastures and barn with his head held high, feathers puffed out, creating a show for any and everyone that wants to throw him a moment's glance, snorting, tail held high, the whole nine yards. You'll never catch Khaos rolling around in the mud (or even on the grass) and only lies on the very cleanest shavings in his stall or in the cleanest spots he can find in his pasture, and is always quick to meticulously and relentlessly groom himself after getting back up. To care for his feathers he's constantly preening them and licking them, often contorting himself into odd shapes to do so. He spends more time grooming himself than he does grazing or anything else.
This stallion is so arrogant and proud of his feathers that he refuses to let me or any of my other stable hands groom or touch his feathers, if we try it we get rewarded with screaming and teeth being bared, kicking and tossing around in the crossties, so we've given up on trying for our own safety.

𝙷𝚊𝚗𝚗𝚒𝚋𝚊𝚕
💚
💜 💛 ❤️
Stream The Dream Eaters, stan Alan Wake
Tyrant001

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby DraconisSumeris » Tue Sep 28, 2021 1:38 pm

GraveBlues wrote:Username: GraveBlues
Name Meaning: The original "hot chocolate" from the Aztecs and Mayans, flavored with chilis and spices! His colors made me think of it :>
3 Personality Traits: Bashful, Cries Easily, Likes to Run
Prompt:
    This guy is really shy, so having such shiny feathers is actually a huge source of embarrassment for him! He's always getting compliments and admiring stares because of his feathers, and it just makes him want to hide, the poor guy. His owner loves his naturally shiny feathers, and buffs them up by rubbing them with baby oil to make them sparkle and shine in the light, despite his protests. He's always rolling around in the mud and dirt to dirty them up, but it never seems to work! Everything just slides right off them, and usually the sight of him rolling like that just makes everybody laugh at him, which leads him to crying... He's painfully introverted, so having something so beautiful on him that makes him stand out is just about his worst nightmare. Especially around mares... Man, every time a pretty mare bats her eyelashes at him or comes up to him he just about wants to keel over and die, he blushes so hard and he never knows what to say or do, and always ends up making a complete fool of himself... He wants to not be so timid and bashful, but he just can't help it. When he's alone he admires himself, just a little, and deep down he loves his lovely coat and shiny, sleek feathers, but then as soon as anybody else looks at him and gives him compliments he just falls to pieces! Perhaps one day he'll gain a bit more confidence and be able to show off those feathers proudly.

Congrats!! I really liked the character you've created with this fella c:
DraconisSumeris

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby GraveBlues » Tue Sep 28, 2021 2:31 pm

Ohhh thank you so much, I really adore him! <3
GraveBlues

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby GraveBlues » Thu Oct 07, 2021 6:32 am

Training Prompt 1:

I wandered the grounds of the breeding facility, seeing my breath fog in the chilly morning air. I was here to look at buying a new Galingale for my farm- I had one, but I wanted another. They're wonderful creatures, and I wanted mine to have a companion as well, so I'd gotten in contact with a wonderful, reputable breeder, and I was here to look at their GS for sale. Finally, the owner greeted me, and led me towards the stables. I perused several adults, but none of them caught my eye, as beautiful as they all were. Desperate to sell me something, the owner decided to show me the foals instead.
      We headed into the foaling stalls, and I couldn't help but smile- it smelled like foals, warm and milky, fresh straw. I stopped at the first stall, seeing it was occupied. The dam inside was standing, munching her hay calmly, but I couldn't see a foal. I frowned, peering around, until I finally spotted it. A tiny shadow by his mother's legs, the tiny little colt sticking close by his mother's legs, trembling. Tiny little fella... He was so shy and scared, probably the first people he had ever seen. With the owner's permission, I stepped inside, stroking the dam's side before kneeling down and holding my hand out. The tiny colt on his wobbly legs, stuck his little nose out towards me after a few moments, snuffling my hand cautiously and then stepping out to say hello, finally parting from his mother's side to say hello. I couldn't help but smile- he was precious, and I could tell he would have a lot of growing to do, he was so shy... His feathers too, I noticed, seem to have more of a shine to them than most, even with the extra baby-shine. I knew right away that this beautiful little colt was the one for me. After stroking him and getting him used to me for a while, I backed out of the stall and discussed with the owner.
      Finally, it was decided. I paid for the colt, and for his room and board for two whole years- I wanted him to get the best start in life, and that involved making sure he wasn't separated from his dam too early and be left with separation anxiety- he seemed to have enough anxiety issues as it was, he was the shyest foal I'd ever met. Over the course of the two years, I came and visited him frequently; he was my pride and joy of course, and I loved to come by to bathe and groom him, enjoying the natural quirk of his shiny feathers, until finally it was time to bring my handsome stallion home with me. (463/200)
GraveBlues

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me