Forum rules
Reminder: Copying another person's art without permission to reproduce their work is a form of art-theft!
Click here to see the full Art Rules!

Kategorian Unicorns || by kiwipen

Based on Click to view
Artist kiwipen [gallery]
Time spent 3 hours, 55 minutes
Drawing sessions 6
28 people like this Log in to vote for this drawing

Versions of this drawing that people have created recently

Kategorian Unicorns ||

Postby kiwipen » Fri Aug 09, 2019 7:50 am

Kategorian Unicorns
      ▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒

Nestled deep within a magical forest, herds of a mysterious unicorn species known as Kategorians live and roam freely. While the species is still being studied, what is known about them is being marked and recorded. This elusive breed of unicorn is known for it's fantastical markings, colors, and mutations. Their long, lustrous manes and tails with their brightly colored coats make Kategorians a highly sought-after equine for any breeder, collector, or rider. In addition, their reliable and sometimes magical temperaments combined with their intelligence make them a wonderful all-rounder horse for Western, English, and casual riders alike.

Last edited by kiwipen on Mon Mar 28, 2022 4:21 am, edited 10 times in total.
kiwipen

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Kategorian Unicorns || Rules

Postby kiwipen » Fri Aug 09, 2019 7:53 am

Rules

• Kategorian Unicorns are a closed equine species; you may not make your own.
        With that being said, we do not condone or encourage any form of witchhunting when it comes to adopts or species that look or behave like ours.
      • There will be no disrespect or mistreatment within the Kategorian Community; please be good to those around you.
      • Kategorians adopted on CS through adopt comps cannot be resold for any currency, including pets, items, C$, etc.
      • Kategorians purchased for currency may be resold for the currency they were bought with.
      • All Kategorians may be traded for other Kategorians, other adoptables, or for art and/or writing.
      • No begging for an adopt, no spamming fanclubs or the main thread asking for an adopt/guilting for an adopt, and no stealing other people's adopts!
      • Everyone has unlimited ownership slots.
      • Every horse has seven breeding slots. However, all horses can breed regardless of gender.
      • Breeding slots to Kategorians are allowed to be sold, swapped, traded, etc. for anything except USD.
      • We cannot provide compensation for anyone who is offered a slot that they cannot redeem for whatever reason. We can, however, provide a strike and/or a ban depending on how often this person has done this.
      • These rules are all subject to change, or be added onto. You acknowledge and consent to adhere to such rules as they're modified. (implemented 8.8.2019)
      • Let's all have fun, okay? We're all just trying to enjoy some pixel horses.

About

Kategorians are a genetics-based fantasy equine species. While they mostly follow the rules of normal horses, there are a few exceptions.

Unless listed as Natural, all Kategorians have magical 'horn types' which affect their horn, eye, and hoof colors. 'Natural' means the horse's eyes, hoof, and horn will all be natural colors, or a color that best fits the dilution [ such as Rose or Agua ]. The horn will match the hoof colors, and the eyes can be any natural horse color. Outside of that, Kategorians have named horn types that all have unique and special effects. You can find the named unique horn types here

Kategorians have custom coat dilutions, some of which interact with one another. These can be found here, in our quick visual guide to various dilution pairings.

Posting Form For Artists

Here is a quick posting form for you if you're an artist posting an adoptable, or in the artist tryout trying to get into the species.

Code: Select all
        [center][quote]Nestled deep within a magical forest, herds of a mysterious unicorn species known as Kategorians live and roam freely. While the species is still being studied, what is known about them is being marked and recorded. This elusive breed of unicorn is known for it's fantastical markings, colors, and mutations.Their long, lustrous manes and tails with their brightly colored coats make Kategorians a highly sought-after equine for any breeder, collector, or rider.[/quote]

[b]Horn Type:[/b]
        [b]Genotype:[/b]
        [b]Phenotype:[/b]
        [b]Genetic Info:[/b]

Default Application Form:
        [code][b]username;[/b]
        [b]horse name;[/b]
        [b]branch color;[/b]
        [b]bud color;[/b]
        [b]prompt;[/b][/code]

[/center]

Last edited by kiwipen on Mon Mar 28, 2022 6:24 am, edited 20 times in total.
kiwipen

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Kategorian Unicorns || WIP, DNP

Postby kiwipen » Fri Aug 09, 2019 7:53 am

Traits, Rarity, Genetics

Unless otherwise stated, all horn, hoof, and eye colors need to be naturally colored.
        White markings that are free;

Blaze, Stripe, Stripe+Snip, Irregular Blaze, Bald Face, Snip, Lip Markings, Faint Stars or Stars, and any combination of those, are all "free white" and do not need a gene.

Additionally, coronet, Pastern, Ankle, Half-Stockings, Stockings, or Heel markings are also considered free white.

Standard Horse Patterns, Colors, and Modifiers;
        Black (EE,Ee), Chestnut (ee), Agouti (E_+AA/Aa) (Covers all Bay forms, including Seal/Wild/Blood etc.)
        Champagne (nCh or ChCh) and Cream (CrCr) and Pearl [Crprl or prlprl]
        Dun(Dd), Silver (E_/nZ), Pangare (nPg), Flaxen(ee+Fl/Fl)
        Sooty(Sty),Grey (G/g)

Tobiano(To_), Overo(Oo), Splash (Spl) Sabino (Sb_)
        Rabicano (Rb_), Roan (R),

Unlike real horses, Kategorians do not have a limit on how many KIT genes they can have, and each one has it's own set of Alleles. It is possible to have a nSb/nTo/nO/nSpl/nR horse.

We recognize Lp and PATN1 genes.

All normal horse markings and colors pass at an equal rate using a punnet square.
        All of these are considered common, and may be created freely.

Kategorian Patterns, Colors, and Modifiers;

Note to artists;
        You may make one heterozygous Kategorian dilution horse per three adoptables you make without them.
        Homozygous Kategorian dilution horses need special approval, but may be created for purchased customs per our pricing guide [ pending ].

Rose (Rs_)
        -- A modifier that changes the color of the horse's coat to reflect known colors of roses, based on existing base colors and modifiers.
        -- This modifier is considered uncommon and has a 30% chance to pass. When rolling for breedings, each allelle has to roll 1-30 to pass.

Agua (Ag_)
        -- A modifier that changes the color of the horse's coat to reflect known colors of roses, based on existing base colors and modifiers.
        -- This modifier is considered uncommon and has a 30% chance to pass. When rolling for breedings, each allelle has to roll 1-30 to pass.

Colored Dun (_D+nCd)
        -- A modifier allowing the dun on a horse to be an unnatural color of the artist's choosing. Passes at a normal 50% / 100% rate, depending on dominance.

Flora (nFlr, FlrFlr)
        --- Patches of any plant-like markings on a horse manifest on the Kategorian's coat. These can be numerous, or only a few. They may darken the coat or lighten the coat at heterozygous dominance, not both. As a homozygous gene, they may do both. Flora may 'carve out' floral patterns in heavy white patterns in any amount of dominance.

Glitter (nGl,GlGl)
        -- Allows the mane and tail to sparkle and glitter. There is no limit to how many sparkles / glitters you can use. Passes at normal 50% / 100% rate.

Reverse Dun (_D+nRd)
        -- A modifier allowing the dun on a horse to lighten the coat instead of darken it. Passes at a normal 50%/100% rate, depending on dominance.

Unique Gemstones
        These 'gemstones' alter the appearance of the horse's eye, horn, and hooves.
        Common ones may be used at any time.
        Uncommon ones may be used once every three horses.
        Rare ones may be used once every ten horses
        Limited ones may be used sparingly.

Mutations
        Chimerism may only appear in breedings or on special milestones.
        Somatic markings may appear as often as you'd like and may be rolled for in breedings.

Common
        Natural
        The horse's eye, hoof, and horns may be a natural color for horses or may match the base coat in the case of Kategorian dilutions like Agua, Rose, etc.
        Royal Violet
        Fuchsia
        Rose Red
        Ocean Blue
        Rust Red
        Olive
        Blood Red
        Jade

Uncommon
        Snowtouched
        Sunset

Rare
        Gilded
        Diamond

Limited
        Filigree
        Inferno
        Starlight

Last edited by kiwipen on Tue Mar 29, 2022 3:47 am, edited 28 times in total.
kiwipen

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby kiwipen » Fri Aug 09, 2019 7:55 am

PRICING GUIDE

This guide exists to help artists figure out how to price their customs and flatsales. This serves as a baseline for what you can charge, feel free to up it for the work you put in.

There is no limit per month to how many customs you can order.
        Artists do not owe me any cuts of the money they make from customs, and they may take as many customs as they'd like.

Base Price
        This covers a coat, any basic dilutions, and markings that the horse artist considers 'easy'
        80 C$ / $5 USD

Markings
        It is highly recommended that for every marking you add, you add between 20-80 C$ ($1-$5) or more.

Kategorian Dilutions and Markings
        For each Kategorian Gene, we ask you add 60-80 C$ / $3-5 to the asking price of the horse. Unless it's an exception below, please ensure you're hitting that minimum 60 C$ / $3 for those things.
        Exceptions include....
        • Glitter - May be 30 C$ minimum / $1 USD

Homozygous Markings & Dilutions
        For every homozygous marking or dilution requested, we ask that you multiply your asking price for that marking by 2. This does not apply to Appaloosa markings, and does not apply to Overo.

Gemstones
        For any gemstone that isn't 'Natural', add an additional 20 C$ / $1 for a common type, 60 C$ / $3 for uncommon, 130 C$ / $7 for rare, and 200 C$ / $15 for limited.

Artist Guidebook

Complete your work on time; after a month of an unjudged contest, one of my staff members will judge it for you.
        Uncompleted breedings can be picked up and done by other artists after a month of not doing it.
        Please only create Kategorians with heterozygous breed-unique genes for adoptables.
        Every month you create a free adoptable, you may make a standard custom for yourself. Additional customs may be earned through the artist point system.
        We require one adoptable every three months.
        One free adoptable is worth 2 Artist Points, one paid adoptable is worth 1 Artist Point.
        One free breeding is worth 4 Artist Points, one paid breeding is worth 2 Artist Points.
        One paid custom is worth 1 Artist Point.

Artist Points can be spent at my all-species shop.

Last edited by kiwipen on Tue Mar 29, 2022 2:18 am, edited 7 times in total.
kiwipen

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby kiwipen » Fri Aug 09, 2019 7:56 am

TITLE

Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetur adipiscing elit. Integer eget lectus laoreet, suscipit purus id, tristique enim. Cras purus purus, sagittis ut dui quis, fermentum pretium elit. Nunc dictum, sapien vitae accumsan porttitor, enim mauris fermentum lacus, nec cursus elit turpis quis nulla. Fusce erat purus, condimentum eu iaculis efficitur, tincidunt ac ligula. Pellentesque at lorem sodales, aliquam odio et, bibendum massa. Suspendisse in tristique ante. Sed consequat, urna quis tincidunt bibendum, erat ligula auctor risus, vitae ullamcorper dui enim nec risus. Nulla mollis felis eu aliquam pulvinar. Curabitur dapibus mollis ex volutpat sagittis.

Integer tempus, diam ac luctus tristique, nibh tellus rutrum arcu, ut tincidunt elit risus id augue. Donec porta nunc et nisl molestie ornare. Donec ac vestibulum mi. Integer sed tellus sed leo molestie finibus. Ut tristique est nibh, a elementum ligula sodales quis. Quisque mollis faucibus massa auctor aliquet. Curabitur rhoncus justo vel ullamcorper dapibus. Nulla facilisi. Nulla et viverra magna, et imperdiet mauris. Duis vel ligula id leo scelerisque faucibus.

Last edited by kiwipen on Fri Aug 09, 2019 8:20 am, edited 1 time in total.
kiwipen

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby kiwipen » Fri Aug 09, 2019 7:58 am

TITLE

Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetur adipiscing elit. Integer eget lectus laoreet, suscipit purus id, tristique enim. Cras purus purus, sagittis ut dui quis, fermentum pretium elit. Nunc dictum, sapien vitae accumsan porttitor, enim mauris fermentum lacus, nec cursus elit turpis quis nulla. Fusce erat purus, condimentum eu iaculis efficitur, tincidunt ac ligula. Pellentesque at lorem sodales, aliquam odio et, bibendum massa. Suspendisse in tristique ante. Sed consequat, urna quis tincidunt bibendum, erat ligula auctor risus, vitae ullamcorper dui enim nec risus. Nulla mollis felis eu aliquam pulvinar. Curabitur dapibus mollis ex volutpat sagittis.

Integer tempus, diam ac luctus tristique, nibh tellus rutrum arcu, ut tincidunt elit risus id augue. Donec porta nunc et nisl molestie ornare. Donec ac vestibulum mi. Integer sed tellus sed leo molestie finibus. Ut tristique est nibh, a elementum ligula sodales quis. Quisque mollis faucibus massa auctor aliquet. Curabitur rhoncus justo vel ullamcorper dapibus. Nulla facilisi. Nulla et viverra magna, et imperdiet mauris. Duis vel ligula id leo scelerisque faucibus.

kiwipen

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby kiwipen » Fri Aug 09, 2019 7:59 am

TITLE

kiwipen

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby kiwipen » Fri Aug 09, 2019 8:00 am

TITLE

kiwipen

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby kiwipen » Fri Aug 09, 2019 8:01 am

TITLE

kiwipen

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby kiwipen » Fri Aug 09, 2019 8:07 am

TITLE

kiwipen

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me