Time spent 6 hours, 8 minutes
Drawing sessions 5
19 people like this Log in to vote for this drawing

Versions of this drawing that people have created recently

by Baylin

by Baylin

Kalons #1966 & #1967

Postby Baylin » Sat Sep 18, 2021 5:48 am

ahh i've been a bit busy lately but i'll be judging #1938 by Sunday the latest c:
in the meantime I wanted to give you guys a lil smthin else

This will be a partner comp! One person must respond with writing and the other person must respond with art.
Please post 1 forum together on this thread.

I was gonna put a cute lil cover but no thoughts head empty

prompt wrote:
Write a story involving these kalons with a light or dark twist.

> Each prompt response must be done by one user but the prompts should be done in the perspective of the kalon the user is trying out for.
(For example if user 1 is trying out for #1966 and does writing then the prompt they do must be focusing on that kalon.)

>Prompts between partners should be connected in some way
>Please keep it cs appropriate
>no offsite forums
>you may choose to have just a light or dark twist, or both. The prompt is open-ended for a reason c:

Limit of 3000 words and two full illustrations with minimum wordage. No extras or animations please.

You may pretty up your forums but please include the following information somewhere
Code: Select all
Username + Usernumber:
 Kalon trying out for:
prompt:

Partner username + Usernumber + link to profile:
kalon trying out for:
prompt:

Ending October 17th at rollover

Feel free to post that you're looking for a partner on this thread or check out the discord/the fanclub !

If you post on this thread i'd prefer that you edit your post to add in your finished prompt when done ty

xXx

◊ My Toyhou.se
◊ pfp by Chizuny
◊ Sig art by SarahN

XxX.ʕ•ᴥ•ʔ

xXx
Baylin

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Kalons #1966 & #1967

Postby captain dude » Sat Sep 18, 2021 7:27 am

Mark! Looking for a partner and would prefer brown kid!

Think I found one! Form WIP!
captain dude

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Rosemoon » Sat Sep 18, 2021 9:37 am

❤️
Last edited by Rosemoon on Mon Oct 18, 2021 2:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Rosemoon

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby fisht3a » Tue Sep 21, 2021 7:52 am

edit edit;; partner found~
Last edited by fisht3a on Fri Sep 24, 2021 8:30 am, edited 2 times in total.
hi there! you can call me fish, tea, etc.~
(FallenPegasus former username from 2014-Oct. 2021)
she/her
toyhouse
art fight
all art in sig by me
fisht3a

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby SushiFoxx » Tue Sep 21, 2021 9:37 am

Wip with CatOwU!!!
Lights: Off <3
Hello!
DA
csds!
Discord is ArcticFox#0652 for contact!
Goal; 0/250c$
"You'll miss a opportunity for every chance you don't take"
SushiFoxx

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Sadcat » Tue Sep 21, 2021 9:46 am

Username + Usernumber: CatOwU 1004338
 Kalon trying out for: 1966
prompt: WIP art

Partner username + Usernumber + link to profile: SushiFoxx 1005758
kalon trying out for: 1967
prompt: WIP writing
Previously CatOwU
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Sadcat

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby SpiritWish » Tue Sep 21, 2021 11:49 am

Username + Usernumber: Sp1ritW1sh #799017
Kalon trying out for: #1966 (black one)
prompt:

Partner username + Usernumber + link to profile: LostInTheEcho #680104
kalon trying out for: #1967 (tan one)
prompt: [2443 words]
LostInTheEcho wrote:It had been a long day at the amusement park and the fun and excitement was beginning to wind down with many kalons heading home for the day. Angel was walking with the arm of his friend Haze around his shoulders. In front of them, leading the way, was Willow. She’d been complaining of sore feet for the last hour or so and honestly, Angel was starting to get tired as well. He just didn’t want to admit it. Though letting Haze carry his octopus stuffie might be admitting something.

”Ugh, I’m so tired!” Willow whined as she stretched her arms in the air. She was walking with a slight list in her step, betraying that yes, she is very tired. ”Think we did everything we wanted to?” She spun around, now walking backwards. Angel would be worried except for the fact that Willow was awfully good at walking backwards, which they’d found out over a little friendly competition. Haze it turned out however, was very not good at walking backwards and had somehow managed to faceplant.

”Yeah, I think so. There’s only so many times you can go on the Mega Twist before you fear you’ll see your breakfast again.” The Mega Twist, which was the biggest and scariest coaster in the entire park, also Haze’s favorite. ”And the other’s aren’t really all that.” Which was a lie, a big big lie. Even if your name is Haze.

”You’re just mad that you can’t handle the Giant Drop!” Knowing retaliation was only moments away Angel squirmed out from under their arm and stole back his octostuffie Inky before running ahead to hide behind Willow. Haze was close behind him, but Angel managed to avoid capture by always keeping Willow between them. She was not amused.

”Hey, don’t involve me here! How haven’t you tired yourselves out yet?” Willow grouched at them and tried to get away from their playfighting. Haze attempted to reach Angel by stretching around her but the only result was that they gave her a hug instead. Leaving an opening for Angel to get away.

”Aww, love you too, Hazey.” Willow cooed, her arms around them. Then her smile turned devious. ”Now carry me!”

”Ugh, no!” Haze tried to let her go. To escape. But there is no escaping where Willow is involved. She had locked her arms around them. She then jumped up, forcing Haze to catch her, lest they both fall over.

”Willow!” they whined. ”Get down or we’re both going down.” They made a show of staggering. Swaying as if they were about to fall on top of her. Angel couldn’t help but giggle from were he stood leaning against a railing, Inky held snuggly against his chest with one arm. Behind him the late evening sun could be seen reflected in the small lake.

Willow and Haze proceeded to tussle for a bit before they both finally landed on the ground.

”Hey! You done? Let’s take a picture over here and then get going!” Angel waved them over. It really was a pretty view, it was a lookout point after all, and it would be a waste to not take a photo here. As they made their way over to him, he subconsciously moved his hand to feel his back pocket.

His heart skipped a beat. Angel moved his hand to the other pocket. It felt like a stone dropped down his chest. ’Okay, okay. I put it in my jacket pocket, I’m sure,’ he thought frantically. He went through every single pocket but it wasn’t anywhere. Keys, wallet, bus card. Where was his phone!

”Angel? You alright?” That was Willow. They had come up to him during his desperate search and were looking at him with worry. ”Are you not feeling well? You look a little pale.”

”No, it’s not... I’m fine. I just...” Haze frowned at him, his I’m-worrying face. Angel took a shaky breath and let it out slowly. Not able to look anywhere but at the ground. ”I can’t find my phone.” And oh, were those tears burning in his eyes. He wouldn’t cry. He wouldn’t!

”Hey, it’s okay Angel. We’ll help you find it!” Haze looked determined.

”Of course we’ll help you!” All of the previous tiredness was as if it’d never graced Willow’s face. Left was only sharp focus that was quickly calculating a plan of action. ”Are you sure you’ve checked all pockets?” He didn’t have time to do more than open his mouth before she was talking again. ”Check again, and make sure that it isn’t hiding behind anything!”

They moved over to a nearby table where they could empty his pockets in a controlled manner, so that he doesn’t end up misplacing anything else. After they’ve gone through everything and are starting to check the pockets of Haze and Willow as well, just in case it’s there for some reason, Willow suddenly stands with a start.

”What? Did you find it?” Haze scanned through the items on the table as if it’d suddenly materialize if he just stared hard enough.

”No. But we can call you! I should’ve thought about it immediately! I’m gonna call you now!” She already had her phone up, punching in her pin with abandon, a smile of victory on her face.

”That won’t help us any. I turned my phone of to conserve battery, remember?” Angel reminded her. A fact which he was beginning to regret now, even if it had been almost completely out of battery by this point, they would’ve had a chance.

Willow deflated, her hands clutching at her phone. Before a new wave of determination overtook her. ”Well then, we have no time to lose! It’s clear you’ve misplaced it somewhere. We’ll go back to all the places that’ve we’ve been and search for it all over. Just try to remember when you know had it last.”

”Okay, I’ll do my best!” Angel couldn’t say he was confident in their chances of finding his phone again, but he’d gained new hope through the support of his friends. He stood up from the table, all their things now safely stored away. They could do this, he knew it. ”Come on! We have a phone to find!”

”Yeah!”

”Hey, I know! I’ll check the lost and found. Someone may have turned it in already.” Haze was pointing towards the entrance of the park where all customer service was located. They really did always have the best ideas.

”Great idea! Text me if you find anything!” Willow answered for them before dragging Angel with her. ”We’ve no time to waste. Don’t worry, we’ll find your phone in no time!” They set of for further into the park. And Angel could feel the truth in her words, they resonated within him. They’d find his phone, no doubt!

Or maybe a little doubt.

They’d searched all the places they’d been during the day. Beginning with those that they’d been at last. Yet their search had turned up nothing. Haze hadn’t found anything at the lost and found either and they’d just said that they would go an check again, it might have been handed in by now.

Now, which was twenty minutes to closing. A little more than an hour since they started searching. He and Willow were back at the same table by the view over the lake again. But now it was dark, and that was how Angel felt too. Dark. He could feel nothing but despair. His only thoughts were that someone had either stolen it or that it had fallen down a storm drain.

Even though his phone was pretty new, since his first had finally died on him after holding out on death for far longer than he’d ever anticipated, that wasn’t what made it so awful to lose it. It was everything else. His photos, memories and contacts. This is why you should back up your phone, but he hadn’t. He didn’t have those old photos or text conversations anywhere else, save for a few which someone had either sent to him or he’d sent to them. He’d never get it back.

Maybe he’d cry a little.

Willow’s hand made comforting circles on his back even as his tears started to fall. He sniffled, wiping at his nose. Why couldn’t anything go right for once.

”Um, excuse me?” Angel kept his head hanging. Watching through his tear-blurred eyes as his tears fell against the table. He didn’t have the strength to deal with anyone right now. Luckily he didn’t have to.

”What is it?” Willow’s reply wasn’t really rude, but her tone was clearly painted with her frustration and tiredness. It had been a draining evening for all three of them after all.

”Uh, I think I have your phone?” She said it like more of a question than a statement, but it nonetheless made Angel jolt in his seat. He quickly turned around, not bothering to care how he’d look with tears streaming down his face. His heart pounded in his chest, a flicker of hope wanting to believe. It couldn’t be. Could it?

It was. The stranger stood in front of them. Holding up the phone. His phone. Because that was his phone, with his background. The three of them making silly faces under the digits of the time.

”Aaaaaah! You found it! You found it! Thank you, thank you, thank you!” Angel had jumped up with cheer, completely ecstatic to have his phone again. He’d snatched the phone quickly, jumping around and making happy noises, before he once again turned to the stranger, Hero of Lost Phones. Actually paying attention to her and not only his phone, he can see her stark white hair and dark complexion, with pale eyes almost seem to glow in contrast.

In his excitement Angel forgot all about public decorum and personal space. He threw a hug around the other kal, who accepted it, if maybe a bit awkwardly. Though that might just be Angel himself making it awkward.

”Uh, so what’s your name? I’m Angel and I’m forever in your debt!” He’d stepped out of the hug rather quickly. Had it been Willow or Haze he would’ve held on until the end of time, so maybe that isn’t the best scale to use.

”I’m Mona. Don’t worry about it! It’s what anyone would do.” Mona smiled at Angel. She was modest as well, she was truly a real hero, at least in Angel’s eyes. ”I was just wondering. Why didn’t you try calling?”

’Of course she had to ask that.’

”Eh, I had turned my phone of so I didn’t think it’ll do anything. But you could of course just turn it on again.” He rubbed at the back of his neck, he really hadn’t thought of that. That could’ve saved so much time. ”Well, here! Have my number! You can call if you ever need anything.”

”Sure!” They shared contact details before waving goodbye, it was getting very close to closing after all. Mona had gotten a few steps away before Angel remembered something.

”Oh, wait! Where did you find it? My phone, I mean.” Angel was curious. Where could it have ended up? Had they searched there but Mona had found it first maybe?

”Oh, it was just over there.” She turn and point towards the lookout point. ”It laid on the railing over there!” And she was pointing at the exact spot that Angel had stood when he realized he’d lost his phone. He could feel himself start to sweat as well as the feeling of Willows glare at the back of his head. ’Oh no.’

”Angel, dear, did you by any chance check if you put your phone on the railing after you lost it?” Her voice was sickly sweet, yet Angel knew it spelled nothing but doom. Out of the corner of his eye, he could see Mona quietly making her escape. Angel, too, wanted to escape.

”Eh, no.” This did not look good. Maybe if he started crying again she’d save the lecture for another time, preferably never. But also. ”You didn’t check either, though.”

Willow glared at him, her eyes narrowing, intense concentration on her face. Angel tried his best to look sad an innocent, his hands clasped under his chin with the phone between them. Finally her features relaxed and she let out a long sigh.

”Yeah, you’re right. I didn’t, you didn’t, Haze didn’t. I’m. Just. So. Tired. To think that I could’ve been in bed by now.” She flops back on the bench dramatically and she does really look exhausted. Angel feels a little bad, if he’d just checked behind him they could’ve avoided this entire scavenger hunt.

”Sorry, I’ll make it up to you. I promise!”

”You better! How did you even manage to place it there?” With Willow slightly appeased, the atmosphere was once again relaxed. It was dark and quiet in the park, with most people having gone home already.

Angel had to think carefully over her question. Why had he placed his phone on the railing? He had it turned of after all. Then it came to him.

”Ugh, I was going to take a photo of you and Haze when you were hug fighting. Then I remembered that I’d turned it of and didn’t want to bother with turning it on again. It’d take too long anyway. Then I must’ve placed it on the railing instead of putting it back in my pocket again.” Now in hindsight, it was pretty dumb. That they’d gone through all that trouble searching when it’d literally been right behind him. He hung his head in silent shame.

”Aww, don’t be like that.” She patted him at the small of his back. ”We’re all alive, you have your phone. All’s well that ends well, you know?”

Angel sniffled a little, his nose still stuffy from when he’d cried before. ”Thanks, Willow.”

”Yeah, yeah. Come on, let’s ditch this place.” Willow stood and slung an arm around him, possibly to lead him, possibly to lean her weight on him. Or maybe to offer her silent support. It was impossible to tell. They started walking.

Then Angel stopped.

”What about Haze?” Angel is a little embarrassed that he’d forgotten them for a while there. He was tired. You make mistakes when you’re tired!

”They’re by the exit already, waiting for us. While you were busy dancing with your phone I texted them. They didn’t want to walk here just to go back again.” Which made sense, Angel had to admit. ”Come on, let’s go home.”

And so they did.
Last edited by SpiritWish on Mon Oct 18, 2021 10:40 am, edited 3 times in total.
SpiritWish

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby mehrak » Wed Sep 22, 2021 4:37 am

username + usernumber: madcom 999649
kalon trying out for: #1966 (cronus. it/they/he)
prompt: wip writing

partner username + usernumber: auditor 759734
kalon trying out for: #1967 (rhea. any pronouns)
prompt: wip artpiece
Last edited by mehrak on Fri Oct 15, 2021 4:24 am, edited 1 time in total.
mehrak

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Scourgebane » Wed Sep 22, 2021 5:22 pm

Username + Usernumber: Canem Morningstar #1008448
Kalon trying out for: #1967
Kalon Name: Jasper
prompt: Writing [2,516 words]

Username + Usernumber + link to profile: FallenPegasus #655686
kalon trying out for: #1966
Kalon Name: Chantrieri
prompt: Art - please click on images for full res

The Consequence of your Actions wrote:

Sometimes, you hardly feel burdened by your heavy responsibility, after all this is your friend, and you’d be happy to aid him in whatever he wants, and you know he’d do the same for you. This is one of those times, where you can feign everything is alright.

“Chanti.” you say softly but with heartfelt emotion. “I don’t think that’s a dog.” If you look at the drawing from a certain way, you kind of see where Chantrieri might be coming from and what he attempted to do, but from where you’re sitting it just looks like a misshapen lump with sticks. It certainly has charm though.

“See,” Chantrieri says in a haughty tone and a hidden hint of laughter in his voice, laughing at his own joke most probably. “That’s where you’re wrong, you just haven’t seen this breed before,” he smirks. You give a low guffaw as you fold the drawing in one of the harness pockets.

And while the sight of his unseeing eyes still makes your stomach churn, you’re getting better about it. You just… hate seeing your friend this way. Obviously he is in no way incapable, but you’re both still getting used to it. It can certainly be worse, the both of you could be dead instead of blind or have a lame leg with a limp.

Chantrieri is slowly coming out of his shell again, maybe is just only when is just the two of you, but compared to the year of silence and his paranoia of getting out of the house and jumping at the slightest of sounds, he is certainly getting better and nothing could make you happier than seeing your friend thrive and be alive and enjoying life once again. As it should be.

Maybe you should do the same too, you know you have a tendency to get overbearing at times, even if Chantrieri is nice about it you know you’re annoying with your overprotective manner. You should lay those ghosts to rest, nothing is out to get you anymore. The both of you.

And this outing should be proof of that, and while obviously you both had to get out of the house, it was nothing more than short trips for food or other amenities. This trip to an autumn festival might be a little too much, but if you’re both careful you might have the nicest night since the accident, maybe. Besides, you are in a totally secluded spot of the festival, you’ll still have fun and probably won’t have anything bad happen. You hope.

You’re walking Chantrieri through a path surrounded by trees, the harness is tense and tight in your chest but you don’t mind it anymore, carefully, oh so carefully. The sun it’s still setting so the sunlight gives the trees a golden, ethereal feel. You feel as if you’re frozen in time and not for the first time, you think about how your friend is missing this, something that while you don’t take it for granted anymore, you did it for a very long time.

You, in your halting, inadequate words paint him a picture, about how the sun shines orange as it sets, painting the sky in a myriad of colors, from yellow to light purple about the light dusting of stars that are starting to appear in the sky. How the light hits the trees making the brown appear golden, the road you’re walking on, made of stone steps, has some light moss and it's filled with fallen leaves, there are some birds pecking on the ground, easygoing but ready to fly away at a moment’s notice.

Chantrieri is listening intently, a small smile on his face but there’s in his brow the lightest of frowns, you wonder what he might be thinking.

As you’re walking, two kits explode into the path out of nowhere in an shower of fallen leaves laughing and running, you come to a sudden stop grimacing and startled, stopping Chantrieri along with you. As their poor frazzled mother runs and yells after them, she apologizes quickly and sends an apologetic glance your way, before continuing her way.

You take a deep breath to try to reign in your sudden anxiousness, everything is okay. You shake your head, scared by two kits? Oh how low have you fallen, heh.

Snorting, you start walking again, “Kits, aye? What a rambunctious bun- Chanti?” Or more accurately you try to start walking. When you look where Chantrieri is he’s frozen, eyes wide and wild. Scared. He’s starting to breathe faster and there’s a leaf crunched under his paw, and while you know that’s not what triggered him, maybe the mix of the two, the leaf and the kits scrambled his brain.

You approach him slowly, you’re sure he can feel the movement of the harness, so try to telegraph as little as possible to not startle him further. As you call his name softly as possible you can’t help but remember the first time you found him in the same state before.

Burning.

The sky is burning. Red, ochre, almost purple and it would be almost beautiful if not for the connotations.

Smoke fills your sensitive nose, choking you. You can barely breathe, can barely see. Heat and fire lick at your heels like snapping, snarling hunting dogs. The wind is vicious and unnatural, it howls like a wounded beast, angry and forlorn. It’s making the fire around you worse, so much worse. Your throat is burning almost as hot as the fire around you and you feel as if your chest is weighed down by an anvil.

One of your legs is broken, you scarcely remember how it happened since many things happened since then and it is all hazy, but you sure as hell feel it. You can do nothing but drag it and yourself as fast as you can. So you run, run, run and run. You can barely feel your other paws, but you must go on, you must find someone, anyone anything.

You hope you’re not the last one, you heard the retreat call, but you know many did not and it’s not in your nature to leave somebody behind if you can help them. You hope there’s someone out there like you, helping other kalons. This war had taken too many of you, and for what? Stupid senseless egoism, humans simply just didn’t want to share, they saw you and others like you like simpleminded animals, stupid, useless.

(Deep down, these words resonate with you. After all, you’re so dimwitted you didn’t see what was right in front of you, you chose to ignore all the warning signs, just because you chose to believe in kindness. Was it really that stupid to trust someone who gave you a chance?)

You shake your head, now it’s not the time and what happened already happened and there’s nothing you can do to change it back. If it was only that easy to convince the others.

You soon literally see the light at the end, an opening in the forest, you try to rush faster to outrun the flames but as soon as you reach the opening you trip, your bad leg twisting awkwardly and it’s inevitable you give a loud yelp, you really hope nobody is near. You land in the ground, a heap of ash and singed fur. At least you’re out, even if you still feel the flames at your back and you know it’s a matter of time before they spread.

You stand up slowly, wary of moving your bad leg too much and what greets you is a terrible scene. You get the sense you wouldn’t be forgetting this any time soon…

Taking a deep breath,(which is a terribly bad idea, your lungs are still full of smoke and there’s a fire at your back, so you end up almost coughing a lung. So much for fortifying yourself.) you launch into the fray, figuratively speaking. You hope to not get sent into the front lines for a long, long time. You hope there’s a survivor in here, but you know the possibility is extremely low. But as always, you’re filled with hope.

(You wonder if it will run out. You feel like a candle about to burn out.)

You walk gingerly, trying not to disturb anything, other than the sound of the crackling roaring flames everything is silent. Eerily so. Another smell hits your nose after hours of smoke. Gunpowder.

Looking around you see the source, bombs, no wonder everything is the way it is, there’s shrapnel everywhere, you hope not to cut your paw open with those. Though with your luck lately being as it is…

A gasp.

You stand upright as if electrified, where did that come from? Could there be anybody out here? You curse the fact that you can’t use your nose, your best asset in trying to find anything. You strain your ears trying to hear something. Maybe it was a figment of your imagination? After all, you've been here for a long, long time…

¡No! There! you rush towards the source of the noise quickly without regard for your own safety, and there you find… Another kalon. You squint, at least you think so, their fur is so badly matted and you can barely see their shine so you don’t recognize them as they look to you, as black formless mass. You’re sure they’re not one of your squad.

(Where are they, where are they, they left you alone, all alone, alone, alo-)

The kalon is moving their head back and forth with an increasingly rapid breathing, you try to approach them but at the slightest of movement the kalon head snaps to you, their eyes are closed but you feel your fur rising up in agitation, that’s a dangerous looking fella. You get closer warily, you hope you won’t get attacked.

“Uh, hello?” One of the kalon ear twitches but he doesn’t relax, or even gives a sign that they heard you, you're finally at touching range but you don’t dare do anything yet, “I’m Jasper, uh, the scouting squad. I mean, from the scouting squad, not that I’m ALL the scouting squad-” You ramble away, as you wont do when you’re nervous. At least it seems to be helping the other kalon, his breathing is slowing down but he still won’t look at you. “Listen, uh…”

“Chantrieri.”

“What? Oh, your name! Right, stupid…” You recognize him now, kind of. You’ve seen him around, but you’re not sure what he does, you haven’t interacted at all before. Jeez, what a first impression. “We need to get out of here, the others sounded the retreat. And uh, there’s this big fire so…” You try to say all of this calmly but your anxiety is ramping up again, you’ve been in a single place for too long and that’s bad. Who knows who might be listening or watching you, or what might be coming. This is not a safe place.

Chantrieri is quiet for a while before he nods. He stands up shakily and you go to help him, but when your shoulder touches his, he jumps away from you like a spring. You stare after him. He’s hyperventilating again, so you approach him warily.

“Can I touch you?” you ask him, he seems confused but nods after a while, so you grab his paw and put it in your chest, you try to regulate your breathing despite your hurting chest. “Copy me, c’mon. One, two, three… That’s it.”

He gradually relaxes again. So you nod him to keep moving. Slowly but surely you both start walking again, you go where you remember the campment being.

___________________________________________________________________________________

You didn’t find any more kalons.

When you both returned to the camp there were barely people there but they were relieved to see you both. Even yourself. They splinted your leg until you could go back to the city, it’s unlikely you go back into the frontlines again, or even near the warzone. You’re relieved, you weren’t cut for this, but you were good at it. You’re not sure what you would do now. You didn’t have many hobbies before.

You find Chantrieri sitting outside with his eyes bandaged. The doctors said he probably won’t see again. The shrapnel did too much damage to his eyes. That’s why he didn’t see you when you found him. You feel bad for him. You slide beside him, but he barely jumps, as if he didn’t even notice. Didn’t he hear you?

“Chantrieri?” His ear twitches, but doesn’t move his head towards you. He nods as if to say he’s listening. You open and close your maw, as if you were a fish, looking for something to say. “Want to move in with me?” As soon as that leaves your mouth you slap your paw in your face, good going genius. “W-wait! not like that, is- well, the doctors said you would probably need someone to help with stuff, a-and I don’t really have anything to do now and… I’ll shut up now.”

Chantrieri looks dumbfounded for a moment, before a snort escapes him and then he’s laughing boisterously, so hard that other kalons have stopped what they’re doing and are watching him as if he’s going crazy. Maybe he is. He rarely laughed before.

That’s when you see the tears down his face, wetting his fur. Oh.

“S-sure, why not? You can become my servant and change your name to Sebastian.” You look at him offended. That’s so cliché at least if he gave you another name. When you don’t respond, Chantrieri grows nervous. “I-It was a joke I’m sorry, I won’t really think of you as a servant, but I’m grateful for your offer, thanks.” he smiles, and you smile back at him, even if he can’t see it, you get the feeling he knows.

And so, you became friends.

In the present, Chantrieri is finally calming down with your help, when out of nowhere he says, “We should have a farm.”

You cannot even fathom what he must have been thinking to reach that conclusion. “Okay genius, and how do we care for the farm when we’re both disabled?”

“Easy, we hire people, and we become like those rich people from the telenovellas.”

“Chanti, those people are drug traffickers, the farm is just front. We aren’t drug traffickers, or farmers really. What brought this on?”

“Farms are isolated.” Ah, so is it that, you lower your ears in sympathy, you know how hard it is for him. “Also, I really want a chicken.”

“A chi- Chanti, you let a cactus die, how would you care for a chicken?”

“Ok so, it includes you, and this thing I saw on television the other day-”

As you both bicker you cannot help feeling happy. And while you encountered a road bump today, the festival ended being as great as you hoped. The road to recovery isn’t as smooth as you hoped, but you’re both getting there.

Together.

Imagexx
x
Scourgebane / [He/Him] / Tired

Howdy, y'all! My name's Theo! But you can also can call me Scourge.
Mostly interested in Closed Species and art.

English isn't my native language so I may make mistakes.
I apologize in advance if something I say sounds weird or rude, it isn't my intention.

Please, don't contact me for anything else.

| ʚɞ
Scourgebane

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Baylin » Mon Oct 18, 2021 2:00 pm

This is now closed!! Ill have results up soon c: