Based on Click to view
Artist mothbrainz [gallery]
Time spent 22 minutes
Drawing sessions 2
10 people like this Log in to vote for this drawing

Stars #1145

Postby mothbrainz » Tue Jun 08, 2021 7:08 am

mothman cat !!!
to win this cat, tell me about an urban legend your clan has!

ends 6/17/21

Code: Select all
[b]Username:[/b]
[b]Cat Name:[/b]
[b]Gender:[/b]
[b]Rank:[/b]
[b]Clan:[/b] (Please link)
[b]Age:[/b] (1 year or above)
[b]Prompt:[/b]
x
Name:
Clan:
Description: Black self
Edits: Long tail, unnatural eye color [uc]
Owner:
hehe egg
mothbrainz

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Stars #1145

Postby ivyy. » Tue Jun 08, 2021 7:14 am

Username: bunnoblizzard
Cat Name: Wolfheart
Clan: ≋O≋c≋e≋a≋n≋ ≋C≋l≋a≋n
Prompt: Ocean Clan's legend is the legend of Shark Blade.

res
hi hi!! i'm ivyy. but you can call me isabella or bella <3

she/her - virgo - owner of two cats and three dogs - previous bun mom - animal enthusiast - equestrian

credit to iceycrushed for making my avatar for my use only <3
ivyy.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby SilentMelody » Tue Jun 08, 2021 7:20 am

Username: SilentMelody
    Cat Name: Swiftsun
    Clan: Shoreclan

Swiftsun is usually bright, outgoing, and optimistic... but there's one urban legend she knows that scares her to the bones. When she first came into the clan, she was speaking with the younger warriors and they told her of the Giant Jaws -- a supposedly massive fish with smooth skin and hundreds of teeth in its jaws.

(In "Twoleg terms", the urban legend is about a Great White Shark)
Last edited by SilentMelody on Wed Jun 09, 2021 11:22 am, edited 1 time in total.

mel | adult | she/her | bi

toyhouse - silentmelody
admin/staff for dcay

RBT in ABA therapy for autism
B.S. in psychological sciences

low activity, but i still check my pms!

signature art by LilBowPeep
SilentMelody

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Hush » Tue Jun 08, 2021 8:55 am

Mark, Banshee’s bog
x
x
x
x
x
x

╔══════════════╗
xxImage
* id #256165
* Pantry Puffs
* Art shop
* Toyhouse
╚══════════════╝
xxxxart credit*stamp credit
Hush

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby miles. » Tue Jun 08, 2021 10:18 am

Username: zabimaru
Cat Name: ravenwillow
Clan: the drifting smoke express
Prompt:
"C'mon, c'mon, Lucky!" dustblossom wheedles, blue eyes electric with excitement and trained specifically on their leader, who was frankly doing his best to be as invisible as possible. "You're an ex-kittypet, you gotta have all manner of legends from east twolegplace! Don't be such a toad!"

"It's Luckysong, not just Lucky," he corrects irritably, sighing with the knowledge that this battle was already lost. "Sure ain't a kittypet anymore, so stop actin' like I'm one! Now, if it'll make you calm down 'n leave me be for a bit... well, I guess I can tell you the story all the strays had."
╍╍╍╍╍╍╍╍╍╍╍╍╍╍╍╍╍╍╍╍╍╍╍╍╍╍╍╍╍╍╍╍╍╍╍
the urban legend of the mysterious loner is a tale passed from stray to stray in east twolegplace, a boogeyman for the darker hearted and a hero for the dull-clawed. strays will tell you of a cat with pitch black fur, save for unnaturally bright amber tabby stripes across their face and face alone, wearing a collar fashioned from hawks' talons and metal shards. the mysterious loner, they say, only shows up at exactly twilight to save the weaker, near-death loners and strays from a fight they can't win and to punish the rogues terrorizing kittypets and strays unjustly. rogues that swear they've encountered the mysterious loner claim they have two sets of claws, teeth sharper than a dog's, and the only time they speak is to tell you exactly why you're aboutta get your tail handed back to you. strays that've claimed to be saved by them say their eyes are kind, but can never agree on what color; they insist that they have a comforting, charismatic aura, the kind of cat you'd follow to the ends of the very world. the accounts differ every retelling of how they arrive - some say that they manifest from the paws up off a rogue's shadow, behind them before they could ever notice; others say that they appear in a blindin spot of light and leave just as fast. still others claim that they slink their way out of the forest at the edge of east twolegplace, pointing claws at the scary stories of the forest cats as their monster or saviour. no account has ever had them stay any longer than ensuring the victim's okay, and the oldest rogue of east twolegplace with the missing eye spits at the ground that "if he sees the sunrise, he'll burn up inta sludge - 's why you'll only ever see the crowfood at night.".

well, luckysong's never had the misfortune or pleasure of runnin into the mysterious loner, but in his opinion, they sound like the kinda cat he'd prefer to hang around.

Last edited by miles. on Fri Jun 11, 2021 10:31 am, edited 2 times in total.
...........nobody deserves to be called a curse;

─── icon by jasper ; ───
.══════════════════════.
Image miles / cecil ● he/him Image
but if you're gonna insist,
i'm happy to make things worse.

.══════════════════════.
miles.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby espen. » Tue Jun 08, 2021 1:15 pm

Username: quirky;
Cat Name: Shadowheart
Clan: LagoonClan
Prompt:

The legend of the witch cat, Lacy! The Honoreds tell stories of a sleek, green-eyed she-cat able to cure all illnesses! She can be recognized by the bottles of glowing liquids wrapped around her torso, paired with a flower necklace. She speaks with a strange accent, and moves with an even stranger fluididity. The mysterious cat lives beyond the territory of LagoonClan. The journey is long, just past the quiet Twoleg den. Look for a clearing with a pointy rock. If she wishes to see you, she'll come and guide you through her home, a sticky Twoleg-made jungle biome. The she-cat steals away in a tree, the centerpiece of the strange bubble of jungle. The elder cats say that the tree is older than time itself, vines curling into every crack, flowers blooming the size of two cats, and strange glowing bugs enslaved in Twoleg jars to light up the cave hidden amongst the tree roots. The humid environment's purpose for creation is unknown, but Seastar has warned every cat to stay away, not fully understanding the dangers.

ᴀᴅʜᴅ - ᴀɴʏ ᴘʀᴏɴᴏᴜɴꜱ
ꜱᴛᴀʀꜱ - ᴄᴀʀʀᴅ - ᴛʜ - ʀᴇᴇꜰ - ᴘꜰᴘ

"always remember: ur legotastic!"

espen.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby soras » Tue Jun 08, 2021 2:02 pm

Username: rainbow!
Cat Name: Berrygaze
Clan: Creekclan
Prompt:

Ravensong loves freaking out Reedstar with all the stories he had accumulated back in his previous clan. It is not because they are scary, but because Reedstar gets all shaky whenever there is an unexplained phenomena. Ravensong's favourite is the urban legend about a small kit.

This small kit has various appearances according to different cats; from all black to a brown tabby to all white. What is peculiar about this kit though, is that they seem to have no eyes. It isn't grotesque or scary, but there is a void where this kits eyes would be. But, to those that this kit shows themselves to, they never really mind the kits appearance. In fact, they are quite welcoming to the kit's presence, even if the kit was never seen before.

Reedstar was confused at this, wondering how these cats would not question where this kit came from. However, Ravensong clarified that the kit only shows up to newly kitting parents who have lost their kits. This kit would show up from nowhere and ask for comfort, which the grieving parents would give to soothe themselves. The kit stays as long as the parents are grieving, leaving happily once their hearts have lifted up, and thanking them.

At the end of this story, Reedstar couldn't help but feel a little comfort that such a legend exists to warm the hearts of those who had possibly experienced one of the worst experience in their lives.
Last edited by soras on Wed Jun 16, 2021 10:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
.......................................and maybe some things are that simple;

...─── icon official art ───
.══════════════════════.
rana | he/him
when you walk away, you don't hear
me say; "please, oh baby - don't go."

art shop
.══════════════════════.
soras

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby stqrveil » Tue Jun 08, 2021 8:50 pm

Username: stqrveil
Cat Name: Cherrygaze
Clan: VerdantClan
Prompt:

Cherrygaze always had a story to tell, it seemed to be an ability of hers. But one story was especially interesting… She told about a cat who roamed the forest, its body so skinny it looked like a walking skeleton. But its most defining features were its horns that spread like branches over its head, and its sightless white eyes that could see through a cat’s soul. It was said to be the bringer of nightmares, and it crept among sleeping cats to plague their dreams with false, tainted visions. Cherrygaze with a shudder told that she had seen the beast before, she had been awakened to see emotionless pools of white planted on the face of the horned monster, but they disappeared in an instant and left her in utter shock. She even guesses that they are the spirit of a wicked cat that seeks for destruction on their kind. Though the story is regarded as a nursery tale, cats on late night patrols still make sure to watch their back.
Last edited by stqrveil on Wed Jun 09, 2021 10:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
-wip sig-
please bear with me
feel free to chat or trade :]
stqrveil

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby ToraOkami303 » Wed Jun 09, 2021 12:13 pm

Username: ToraOkami303
Cat Name: Lepidcatcher
Clan: Eagle Camp
Prompt: The First Veil Walker

Blazepatch settled in front of the kits with a soft purr.

"While the existence of Veil Walkers is an undisputable fact... The myth of the first Veil Walker is something of a nursery tail."

His tail curls up in the air,

"Many moons ago, when the twoleg community was nothing more than an encampment and Eagle Camp was nothing but a dream in the Founder's mind, the first Veil Walker was born. Their appearance and gender have been lost to time. But their name remains in our memories. They were named Mistyspirit."

He smiles fondly, briefly looking like he's recalling an old friend not recounting a questionable myth.

"They did not understand their power at first, often stepping through the veil on accident. They supposedly met a cat twice the size of a normal cat, with gray fur dappled with embers of fire and soft tufts of fur off their ears and cheeks. [Sharpthorn, Nomad]. A pair of cats, one Blue one Red, that could breath under the waves and glowed with an unusual light [My Sea Cats]. A cat with the most unusual curled ears and tail, and the most unnatural red eyes with blue specks. [Applecurl, Moonclan]. A strange black cat with a gem in their fur and her even stranger pink kitten with a similar gem [My Gem Cats]."

She pauses to let the kits wonder about all the strange cats.

"It is debated if any of those cats existed. However, the most important cat they met is widely considered to be the only real one. This cat was.... the Founder. He was intrigued by their powers and asked to follow and observe. It was the Founder that found the pattern, their powers activated when they entered a ring of mushrooms. With this knowledge the first Veil Walker was dubbed and exploration beyond the Veil began...."
Last edited by ToraOkami303 on Fri Jun 11, 2021 1:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Identity Soup, Genderfluid. My Toyhouse.
Token Design Shop || C$ Design Shop || 100 Gen Challenge || Gacha Doodles || 5c$ Gacha Beans
---
Artist For: Magic Falconry Academy || Galactipups
---
Trackers: All Storkverse | Storkies | MFA | Littlehearts | Vargs | Fairytales
---
Moonlight is Grazing
---
Please be patient with me on Oekaki. My tablet only half gets along with it so I tend to use both mouse and tablet now.
ToraOkami303

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby PARK » Wed Jun 09, 2021 3:58 pm

Username: PARK
Cat Name: maścić
Clan: the overpass colony
Prompt:
    "ive heard of the barrens."

sometimes cats get loaded up into these loud, block-shaped machines; cars, trucks, vans. i know their names. the same things that sometimes strike cats on the road and break them up 'til they die. the night before, they're snapped up into wire traps, lured by the succulent smell of food from a can. the stuff the humans occasionally give us. don't fall for it. even if you've gone hungry for as long as your stomach can last, do not step foot into one of those things. they spring shut like a dog's teeth and won't open up again.

they're loaded, screaming or cowering, into those big ugly death-on-wheels and when they come back— if they come back— they won't be the same. somethings severed their ear, each time. maybe a sacrifice to some dark agent. i don't know. what i'm sure of is this: they come back barren, and so that's what we call them. the barrens.

"you don't believe me, maścić? don't get arrogant, don't be so sure of yourself. you don't want to find out that i'm right."
PARK

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me