Time spent 25 minutes
Drawing sessions 3
7 people like this Log in to vote for this drawing

Versions of this drawing that people have created recently

by faelyn

♔ ── hunter's woods #459 !! ))

Postby faelyn » Wed May 05, 2021 8:53 am

main thread
to adopt, you must have a founder and be in level one! or, you can adopt this one as your founder!

tell me a story about this kitty!
ends may 15th, 5;00 mdt.

Code: Select all
[b]username:[/b]
[b]cat name:[/b]
[b]link to thread: [/b]
[b]prompt: [/b]
Last edited by faelyn on Thu May 06, 2021 3:05 am, edited 1 time in total.
faelyn

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: ♔ ── hunter's woods #459 !! ))

Postby minifun990 » Wed May 05, 2021 8:59 am

username: minifun990
cat name: Nathair
link to thread: Forsaken Felines
prompt: --
(Uh, first of all sorry this is long, Ive been thinking about this character/idea for a bit and I may have gone overboard, hope you enjoy anyway :))

This is Nathair’s story, not that he often has anyone to tell it to. Instead we shall look from a far less bias perspective than his own.

He was a bit of a runt when he was born, constantly ill and worried about. He wasnt ever very physically strong like his siblings. But as he grew up Nathair was sure to use this to his favour. He was rather wily and liked to get his own way, having been spoiled so much as a kitten. He could fit through gaps far narrower than most grown cats, and always used that to his advantage to get into quite a deal of trouble.

Not for troubles sake of course, but because Nathair was also more than a little greedy. Why not use his image and wits towards his own personal gain?

And so he did. One chance falling through a roof into a secret meeting at the right time meant that Nathair got mistaken for a prophet of a fish god, albit one who hadnt ascended far yet. He was treated with the best the small group of cats had to offer, and Nathair loved it. He grew complacent, losing some of the narrowness in his face he used to have, as he sunk deeper and deeper into the ruse. He created fins and scales of clay and fabric to look more like the god he was supposedly blessed by.

He was just tweaking his belt that held his ‘fins’ up when the doors to his private quarter slammed open. Inelegantly Nathair let out a shriek of surprise that trailed off into fear.

In his doorway didnt stand a lost follower, nor stern guard of the blessed fish god. Instead his giant doors only just fit the frame of a large blue lioness. Her face was overtaken with a snarl, feral hunger glinting in her eyes and a long shark like tail swaying behind her. And behind her, Naithair’s temple lay in ruin. Destruction unlike he had ever seen, with cats and statues and wealth tossed any which way. If Naithair hadnt been so terrified for his own life he mightbe been relieved to notice that his fellow felines were still breathing. But all Naithair could see was the teeth as long as his tail. Even as a runt Nathair had never felt so small until that moment.

He remained frozen, watching with wide eyes as the creature crept closer, claws clicking on his marble floors as they counted down to his doom. It was his comeuppance, the punishment for all his sins.

And then it walked past him and stole from his hidden cache of fish.

Nathair wasnt going to argue with his luck. He sprang up from his hiding spot, and as fast as he could, he ran.

He didn’t get very far. No longer as fast as he used to be, especially not with the costumed fins he was wearing flopping around on his back. He got to the doorway before finding himself face to face with a new danger. Two small lion cubs, though small was of course very relative. These things were just a little smaller than he was, but no less viscous than their mother. They leapt unto Nathair, paws pushing him to the ground as their maws closed around his limbs.

But instead of piercing fangs like their mother had the two still had gummy mouths. Instead of death and destruction, it was just uncomfortable. Nathair squirmed around attempting to escape the youngsters grasp and without angering the mother. She was watching now, though didn’t seem inclined to step in.

She didn’t need to.

The cubs had given up on the uncooperating meal and gone to beg for fish scraps. Nathair took a gulp of air in, his ears flat back as he turned around to run once more.

Only to find himself face to face with large light blue eyes. You’ve got to be kidding. This new lion sniffed him over, his exhale ruffling Rathair’s fur with a stench of fish and death. With surprising gentleness, the new arrival picked up Rathair in his mouth and carried him over to the rest of its cursed family to be eaten.

There was no point in running, not with so little chance of success. So Rathair lay down, next to the wealth he used to own, in the palace he once called home that was now only rubble.

And the monstrous family just continued to eat his store of food. Did they even care what they had ruined? Did they even care about how they had destroyed his life?

“What are you even waiting for? Just eat me already!” Rathair found himself snarling in frustration. The black furred male turned to him with a chirp.

“What?” The lion didnt reply, that would be too simple. Instead he nudged some fish Rathair’s direction. “Oh you want to fatten me up first huh? Well Im not going to help you with that.”

He didn’t have a chance to take back his decision, the last few slivers of many years of delicacies disappearing in mere minutes. He would fight them for his flesh though. He had claws and -

He was picked up by his scruff, legs swinging in the air as he screeched.

“Put me down now and eat me like a real predator!” He wailed. It was then that he saw something that made him pause his thrashing. He wasnt the only one being carried.

One of the cubs was balancing on their mothers shoulders, but the other was being held in her mouth. Just like he was. Helpless, weak, defenseless.

Like a kitten.

They didnt think he was food at all. He was another one of their cubs, Nathair just had to hope this ruse wouldnt end as bad as his first.
(975)
Last edited by minifun990 on Sat May 15, 2021 9:19 pm, edited 2 times in total.
"𝒲𝒽𝑒𝓃 𝓉𝒽𝑒 𝑔𝑜𝒾𝓃𝑔 𝑔𝑒𝓉𝓈 𝓉𝑜𝓊𝑔𝒽 𝓉𝒽𝑒 𝓉𝑜𝓊𝑔𝒽 𝓀𝑒𝑒𝓅 𝑔𝑜𝒾𝓃𝑔"

-𝓖𝓮𝓪𝓻 𝓓𝓮𝓮𝓻

Cloud Cows

Sig cycles gear deer - Click to go to thread :)
minifun990

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby SilentMelody » Sat May 08, 2021 7:01 am

username: SilentMelody
    cat name: Palecloud
    link to thread: Sycamoreclan

res with being the medicine cat,,, some sort of story??
mel | adult | she/her | bi

toyhouse - silentmelody
admin/staff for dcay on cs

RBT in ABA therapy for autism
B.S. in psychological sciences

low activity, but i still check my pms!
SilentMelody

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby StormSerpent » Sun May 16, 2021 10:54 am

username: StormSerpent
cat name: Sheali
link to thread: Evergrim
prompt:

One sees many interesting and exciting and terrible things when one has unrestricted access to every room in evergrim castle.
You can escape mortal peril with nothing more than a story when you are already dead.
The things you hear when no one can see you.
It is a lonely life when you have all these tales but you cannot share them with anyone.

Sheali no longer had any sense of time, she'd been here, doing this since the beginning of time for all she knew, it was just another day, or night, it was all the same.
She worked tirelessly, she couldn't get tired anymore, not physically anyways. She cleaned the castle, it was all she did with no need for food or rest there was no reason to ever take breaks.
She was busy dusting the great lion statues, they were as large and detailed as real lions made out of a shiny black stone. They'd been there for even longer than she had and were the closest thing she had to friends. She hummed as she worked, she didn't know where she'd heard it before but it was her favorite tune.
There was no one else in the room with her, and time was slowed almost to a halt, she was the only one who could move freely she made sure of that. But something was causing the fur along her spine to prickle up. It felt like the room was filling with static and she stopped moving all but her eyes which were darting around wildly.
There was a great burst of light, only it was faster than light, it happened in less than an instant. She couldn't even see it happening at all, but now the freshly swept floors were covered in rubble, and statue she had just finished dusting was gone, it's shattered pieces scattered everywhere.
Even that couldn't come as too much of a surprise from the things she'd seen, but in place of where the statue had been there was a lion, in the exact position but very much real. A real lion, those were supposed to be extinct weren't they? But here one was, laying right in front of her.
She hurried to speed up to real time, she had to know what would happen next. The lioness was breathing, definitely alive. "Where am I?" She thought out loud, the room was dark, there wasn't a door to let any light in.
"Welcome to evergrim, your worst nightmare that you'll never wake up from." She muttered, not like anyone who didn't already know that could hear her anyways. The stranger needed light she supposed, the living couldn't see in pitch darkness so she lit one of the torches along the walls as she spoke.
The lioness was bristling, not used to what she'd think was a self lighting torch. But when she spoke the words that came out of her mouth were completely unexpected. "Who said that?"
Sheali went as still as one of the statues, the woman wasn't looking at the torch, she was looking right at her. "What did you just say?"
"You, who are you? What's evergrim."
She walked as she spoke and the lion's eyes followed her "You can... see me?"
"No but I can hear you. Who are you?" She asked yet again. She didn't seem to be panicking, she was just filled with a resigned sadness.
"I'm no one." She wasn't supposed to talk to anyone, Kori was always watching, he'd know what she was doing.
She looked confused "Well I'm talking to you. What's your name?"
A name... everyone had a name, she must have had one once but it was lost to time. "I don't have one. Listen I shouldn't be talking to you." She was feeling very nervous, this was most definitely not allowed. The dead didn't speak with the living, that was a fact, and she didn't even speak with the dead, it wasn't allowed.
"We're kind of stuck in this room together, I don't see a way out so you're kind of stuck with me." She pointed out. Sheali didn't respond, she wasn't going to say anything else to this lioness. "Are you there?" Still she didn't speak. "Okay fine be like that. I'll figure out what's happening on my own."
The stranger continued speaking, but it was a very one sided conversation. She was making her way around the room trying to figure out if any of the walls pushed open. But she wasn't walking, her back legs didn't move at all, as if they couldn't. She was dragging herself along the floor and Sheali watched.
"Okay fine, just leave me alone." She said opening a door in the solid wall, big enough for a lion to fit through.
"Farewell my mysterious friend." She resonated with a sadness, a deep sorrow that pierced you to the core. The same one that filled Sheali's entire spirit.
This was the first living person she'd spoken to in a long time, she couldn't let this chance slip away that easily. "Wait!" She called after her.
"Yes?"
"Would you like to hear a story?"
awkward, autistic, adhd, anxiety, aroace, agender, artist, alliteration

any pronouns
my toyhouse is stormserpent, you can credit me here or there
StormSerpent

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

♔ ── hunter's woods #459 !! ))

Postby faelyn » Sun May 23, 2021 10:24 am

minifun990 wrote:username: minifun990
cat name: Nathair
link to thread: Forsaken Felines
prompt:
-snip-

so sorry for the wait,, it was such a hard choice!! i loved both of your concepts, but i'll give this kitty to minifun990!! and a ru to stormserpent!
faelyn

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me