Forum rules
Reminder: Copying another person's art without permission to reproduce their work is a form of art-theft!
If you are unsure, read the full art rules here: Forum/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=30437

Hunter's Woods - Staff applications open by Sixbane

Artist Sixbane [gallery]
Time spent 1 hour, 49 minutes
Drawing sessions 9
71 people like this Log in to vote for this drawing

Versions of this drawing that people have created recently

Hunter's Woods - Staff applications open

Postby Sixbane » Sun Jan 26, 2020 4:25 pm

█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
Main Thread I Nursery I Artist search I Prompts/archive I Discord I Staff customs
TH World
Sister ARPG (Valley of Kings)

The leaves twist and curl in the winds of an ancient forest, known to many as the Hunter's woods, a place where the very spirits of nature seem to sing and darkness lurks in the depths of an ocean of trees. The thick tangles of its deepest reaches hide ancient secrets and its worn paths are prowled by feline shadows thriving among the verdant territories hidden within the trees.

An ancient evil stirs from beyond the clearings, and threatens to rip the land apart in its wake. Will your cats fight their demons, or be consumed by them?

posting now so I can get stuff together.

I was working on the concepts/ information for this for a bit, (With the intention of releasing it as a year-anniversary event)
But this is Hunter's Woods! Meant to be a sister ARPG to Valley of kings. They aren't directly connected (Separate staffs..separate rules/systems... but are built on the same formats)
(VOK for big cats.. HW for little cats, you know?)
With the closing of rise I know lots of friends/people I know feeling a bit lost, so I figured i'd bump it up on my to-do list to open it a little early in an effort to offer a friendly fill of warriors-friendly cat arpg. At the very least, it'll be fun for me as a side project; and I get to use my warriors that way too; and I can make an effort to do something to maybe help friends of mine feel a little less down (though it's significantly different of course/I was planning this before that; this just encouraged me to put a rush order on it)

-Will be similar in structure to VOK. You can get a founder, and then build your group/territory in any format you want.
You can use warriors formats, create a generic group, or just set it up however you like. You can have magic, develop your world to your choosing, or even have just separate cats. You can divide them up into multiple groups if you like. It's totally up to you!
-90% natural colors, with some unnatural colors for events
-Will have breeding, with potential mutations
-The only (requirements) are that you have all your cats be in the same general (Territory/area)/ its realistic for them to interact in some way; and you have a founder/main cat to attach your group to in the archives. Your founder does not have to be the leader; and can play whatever role you want for them in the group.
-Build your own level-ups. Like VOK, I'll compile a list of general (useable for any setting) guide-prompts. You can do them in any order you like and adjust to fit your development. Leveling will allow you to gain more cats for your (group(s))
-Like VOK, you will earn customs through prompts/development. (Though, unlike vok i will probably not allow edit items other than scarring.)
-Please be respectful towards fellow members and staff

still a wip, and may be a wip for a little bit yet; I still want to do a background and add baby lines; I just wanted to post this so I dont have to dig for things and because its easier on my organization.

You can mark, though founders/ect are not open at this time.

Basic Rules:
-Your account must be at least 2 months old to participate. This is to prevent multiaccounting/abuse of the system.
-You must start with a founder, and level to obtain more. Your groups/territory members must be kept on a thread or a cs-appropriate website.
-You may own as many as you want, but they are restricted to your level. Each level up will earn you two spaces for additional cats for your group, see level up thread for details
-Your founder will NOT be readopted if you don't level up, but you won't be able to adopt more until you reach level 1
-Breedings will be allowed between cats of any sexes/genders (I want to be flexible to people's personal developments)
-You may NOT breed cats for Hunter's Woods outside of the official nursery, they may interact with other characters but your group itself should only be made up of cats from within the arpg to avoid confusion.
-Theft or harassment wont be tolerated, Neither will guilt tripping or begging. You may not ask people for their cats/hassle people about selling or trading their cats.
-If you are banned for whatever reason, you will be asked to move your designs to new lines and required not to use their artwork from the arpg
-We will never revoke/take away designs under banning unless they are stolen/not yours to begin with
-If you win an adopt by mistake over your limit, we will not revoke it, though we will intervene if it becomes a repetitive issue. After the first over the limit, you will be barred from winning any more adopts until you level to make room.
-You can remove them from the arpg with group owner and artist of the cat's permission. Once removed, they cannot be returned to it (via myo/custom ect). If removed you will be requested not to use their hunters woods reference to avoid confusion, and to make a new reference for them.

Trade/sale/ownership rules:
-Cats/groups may NOT be co-owned.
-You can trade them for other designs within the arpg, trade them for art/writing, trade them for other characters, or sell them for CS pets/C$ ONLY. They may not be sold for DA points or USD, or other game currencies. Founders may NOT be sold period (Only traded) Ownership changes must be recorded on the level up/archive thread via the form to be official.
-You must own a cat for at least a month before trading/selling for cs things. Gifting or readopting can be done at any time.

Writing/development rules:
-You are NOT required to adhere to any set format or to the canon for the cats. You are perfectly welcome to create your own story to suit your world. The prompts provided should be flexible enough to allow most variations. You are welcome to use them as warrior clan(s)
-Your founder is just the cat that your account is attached to as your first cat. They do NOT have to be the leader/one in charge, they can be traded, and can be killed off. Founder status means nothing other than archiving purposes.
-You may develop your cats with other users cats/form borders/ect as desired
-You MAY develop your cats into multiple groups. You are still restricted by the level requirement as to how many you can own, but you can divvy them up into separate groups at your discretion.
-Incestual or adult-kit relationships are NOT allowed
-You can give them magical abilities/ect, but you cannot add physical edits/changes. You are welcome to give them accessories.
-You may set up your groups however you want in terms of rankings/positions within it.
-You CAN use them as anthros/humans if you want
-There is no restriction on cat age, since you're welcome to use magic/ect in terms of writing, they can live forever or age as average cats do; its up to you.

NPC Rules:
-Npcs (Cats/other characters outside the group) are FINE to interact with your group/clan. They do not, however, count towards prompts/exp; unless the main subject of the piece is one of the HW cats and it meets the requirements (so if an art piece requires a fullbody, it must have a fullbody of a HW cat, you can't have a fullbody of an NPC and then a headshot of an official cat.Though you're welcome to include NPC's in art as you desire.)
-You CAN have family members as NPCS; however- if they are receiving their own design/pages; they CANNOT be explicitly copied/highly close to the original cats design. (Making them vaguely similar, or have similar elements is fine) You cannot make close-design kits/family member copies of the design. They should be significantly different. If you want them to be similar, they can be more closely resembling them IF they are attached to that cat (like, on the same page/within art on that cat's page); and not on their own sellable/separate page. This is to try to prevent people potentially going around the selling rules by selling copies of their cat's designs. You CAN make a kit for your cat as a custom/myo, as then it will still be upheld to the arpg requirements.
**THIS ONLY APPLIES TO ART of these npcs. You can write them /their family however you want. I just want to try to protect the artist's design-work as it's made for HW

Design Rules:
-Will be natural colored; However, it is not strict to genetics and generally as long as the colors are natural and natural-adjacent, that's fine. Patterns may be anything with any freedom, but they may not have man-made patterns (like defined hearts/skulls/stars/ect) Vague patterns are fine. Neon colors/bright blues/purples/greens/pinks/ect are prohibited to special events.
-Other variations are considered rare and are on special case basis

Staff applications

Looking for moderators and a dedicated archivist!
Applications will close 2/29
Please post forms directly on this thread.

Code: Select all
[b]Username:[/b]
[b]Applying for:[/b] archivist/moderator
[b]Do you have a discord/are you able to be in the staff chat?:[/b]
[b]Experience:[/b]
[b]Anything else we should know:[/b]

Founders:

**Users may only ever obtain one founder as a custom**
If you adopt a cat as your founder, you are ineligible for a starter founder, so do keep this in mind. The tradeoff is that if you adopt a founder there isn't a wait and you know exactly what you're getting and your founder could have edits/unique traits. Founder customs are basic and cannot have edits beyond scars.

-Your account must be at least 2 months old to claim a founder.
-Founders MUST BE NATURAL COLORED and NATURAL MARKINGS. (So no hearts,stars,galaxy, or hyper-neon/colorful palettes.) I do allow some suspension of disbelief in terms of natural-adjacent colors and markings that are definitely not native to cats but please keep in mind if you give me stuff that's totally not natural I will work with it to make it adhere to the requirements (Dulling colors,ect) (Eg, if you ask for a blue...you'll get like, blue grey, or something)
-Each member may have ONE founder. If you gift or trade your founder, you may not have another one, and you'd need to adopt a cat to get another one.
-Post the form on the main thread, an artist will claim when available. Do not repost the founder form unless at least 4 pages have passed without being claimed.
-Form must be complete when posting, no posting wips.
-Founders may not be copied over from other designs/ect. If you want to copy in a design you own and have permission to transfer, you will be able to get a custom to do so.

Founders may NOT have edits. They CAN have scars. They can have long fur or short fur, or be hairless

Founders may NOT be munchkins, they are supposed to be a little harder to get
Founder form:
Open
Code: Select all
Username:
100 words (minimum) about their territory/where your cats will live:
Fur type: Long fur, short fur, hairless
Inspiration/preferences/design prompt:**

**note, if you want a specific type of cat marking, visual references do help! me/other artists may not know every coat pattern offhand.

Current founder waitlist
This list has the current waitlist for our staff. You can see here if your founder has been claimed. If you have posted a founder and not received one/had yours claimed/yours is not on the list after at least a week; please pm sixbane. It's possible it was just accidentally missed.
Last edited by Sixbane on Thu Mar 12, 2020 1:58 am, edited 36 times in total.
3/26 due to my state's response to things going on, im EXTREMELY busy right now with work as I work in medical/er phone services. bear with me on replies to things; I'm super tired and stressed
████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
art shop I vok/hwI my characters I my kalons I DA I F2U lines I Adopt thread I GF

Im very forgetful and have a very stressful job/home life; forgive me if im spotty about messages. Just give me a nudge if it's been a bit. I do my best but sometimes things slip past me

Proud mum of a gecko named myron and a ball python named macaroni and cheese (Macki)

Commissions - See art shop link
Art trades - Probably open
Requests - no

Avatar - 10juu ; Sig art - silverponteo/fireblux
████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
Sixbane

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Hunter's Woods - Wip

Postby Isabella45 » Sun Jan 26, 2020 4:26 pm

Ooh, big mark!
I have a lot going on right now so will not be as active on here all the time for a while. I may take a whole getting back to pms and trades or art related stuff.

Image Image Image ImageImage Image Image Image Image
ImageImage

VOK Pride Hunter's Woods Clan Senegal Zebras

Make Me A Pet - Rare Pet & C$ Prize
Isabella45

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Sinful_Lies » Sun Jan 26, 2020 4:30 pm

Can't wait to see!!! c: Phat mark

xx│ Any Pronouns │ xx
Hello. You can refer to me as Sin. I enjoy trading,
drawing, and music. Feel free to
PM me. I may not answer right
away because school is taking up
all of my free time. Pfp made by bella toons.
KiuiisThanasCyxNoxArt ShopElemental WalkersWapiti Adopts
oofPlurions
Sinful_Lies

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby +robotics » Sun Jan 26, 2020 4:30 pm

marking!

oop
oop
oop
oop
Call me Claus!
➔ He/him . INFP-T . Gay As Heck
Pm for commissions/Art trades/etc.
. About Me . . Toyhou.se .
+robotics

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Raincloud the 33rd » Sun Jan 26, 2020 4:32 pm

markin
Rain ♥ Christian ♥ Artist
Formerly ☁Lady Raincloud☁.
Hi I am Rain! I'm a non-denominational Christian artist who likes cats,
drawing, Charles Dickens books, warriors cats, and fairytales. I like to blend art a lot.
My pms are closed because getting pms gives me anxiety,
sorry for any inconvenience.

Avatar by myself. Please do not use.

☁ ☁ ☁
Free Characters 🎀 Free Items 🎀 Trades 🎀 Deviantart 🎀 WAR 🎀 Bowlcats 🎀 Hunter's Woods
BUYING ART/CHARACTERS
SELLING/TRADING CHARACTERS

When crediting my artwork offsite, please credit my
deviantart account, not my cs account! Thank you.

Raincloud the 33rd

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby TheSongOfTheStars » Sun Jan 26, 2020 4:33 pm

bump
March Gifting Challenge Member
<103> of 100 gifts sent!
TheSongOfTheStars takes a golf club and starts smashing things
TheSongOfTheStars

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby StormSerpent » Sun Jan 26, 2020 4:33 pm

Mark
StormSerpent

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby ataraxic_king » Sun Jan 26, 2020 4:35 pm

!!!! Big mark Six you are a blessing
ataraxic_king

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby DraconisSumeris » Sun Jan 26, 2020 4:36 pm

Markity marrrk
Not over how adorable Arthur is in 7DS

[/url] Hi frens! Im just your local dragon wondering about.Image
Im friendly so feel free to send a trade or message!
Art shop is a current wip <3

Image Dragon Lover - Grey-Ace - Fantasy Lover - My VOK pride - Art ShopImage
DraconisSumeris

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby bullserk » Sun Jan 26, 2020 4:37 pm